• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ready Player One: A new beginning

• Thread starter Deleted member 227971
  • Start date
Hugo was in doubt. 'You do realize that that robot-dude will expect us to go there, right? He'll be waiting, or cut us off. Either way, we'll see him again.' He shook his head. 'No, I think your base is our best bet. With me around, we have no chance of getting that artifact anyways.'

Crystal cheered for the Blaziken, then got out her own Pokemon, Meowth. It jumped onto her shoulder, 'Mrawr!' She chuckled, "I think he's happy to meet you guys!" She thought about this 'artifact' that everyone was suddenly talking about, "We could suprise attack him on the way out and take it, or if we can, maybe even kill him for it, but I don't think that's an option, he's too strong. I recommend the surprise attack. Or maybe one of us distract him to make him think we're trying to fight, then take the artifact before he gets it." She shrugged, "The base sounds good, too, but this sounds more fun, right?"

Hugo grinned. 'I think you're forgetting we're not the only ones after the artifact. Since it's such a big deal, everyone will be after it. That robot-dude won't be the only problem. So just distracting him won't work.' Suddenly, he has an idea. 'We could combine those two ideas, though. I get out and get his attention. Then, I'll lure him to you guys, and we'll take him out together!' He looks at the others, and realises that they won't let him sacrifice himself that easily. 'I don't have anything valuable, so it's no problem if I die. You guys are way more important, so yeah, I guess the role of bait falls to me.'

“Wow, you really don’t have much of a sense of self-value.” Said Wynn. “But... it could work. As long as you’re good with this, I’ll fight him.”
Wynn pulled out his stasis rifle and put his phaser rifle on his sling, set to its highest setting (capable of vaporizing any human in one shot, but not necessarily a transformer). Breaking a few blocks of the roof and building a staircase, Wynn said, “I’m ready when you are.”

Hugo nodded. 'I'm just being realistic. You guys have the right gear, I have nothing.' He stepped on the staircase. 'May the force be with you.', he said. He then jumped out of the hole, and ran towards the Transformer. 'HEY, UGLY!', he shouted. 'COME AND GET ME!'

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She saw a boy emerge out of the hole, running towards the robot. “Are you crazy?” Otis called out as she shot more pink balls of energy from her Nebula Blaze at the Transformer. Her StarDust dragon bit harder onto the robot, it’s tail lashing. It spotted the boy running towards it and the transformer.

As he ran towards the robot, he saw a girl and a dragon attacking it. 'Are you crazy?' she called out. He smiled. 'As a matter of fact, I am!', he shouted back. He grabbed his weapon. He aimed and shot the robot. No effect, obviously. He then ran to the right, hoping he would make it past the hole, so that the others could kill it.

OOC: I think the guy we are attacking isn’t responding to this RP.

Wynn ran out of the hole, shooting a stasis rifle at it to freeze it and then running right past it towards the artifact (or where they thought it was). “Follow me! We don’t have to fight him. We can just escape.”
Wyn thought in the distance he saw a larger battle unfolding, but this time it seemed to be between an army of minecraftian monsters and players, who were also fighting each other, desperate to get past the monsters to the cube.

Crystal nodded, "I'll use the power of.. virtual reality!" She made her avatar turn into a cat and ran towards the artifact after Wynn. "Hurry up, all of you!" She saw another person trying to fight the robot, "Come with us, fighting is no use! But the artifact is ours, got it?" (@OtisRolePlays) She nodded as she ran past Hugo, she wanted to actually give him some of her weapons if he was killed, he was a nice guy, and she wanted to help him level up and get stronger so that they could all easily fight together.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis saw the robot get frozen, while someone spoke to her. “Artifact?” She said to herself, slightly confused. Then Otis remembered what it was, she had heard about it from a lot of other players. The StarDust dragon returned to Otis, and she smiled. This world was interesting and she wanted to explore more of it. So she followed the small group, and Otis put her Nebula Blaze away.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
The flood of attacks were... unexpected, to say the least, yet his massive amounts of armor managed to tank most of the damage. As the dragon bit him, he grabbed its neck and attempted to shoot it's neck open, yet couldn't manage to hit it. They grabbed the dragon and punched its jaw before turning around, yet a trap laid nearby caught them, and lifted them up into a tree. they were restrained, yet continued to fire upside down, eventually, they'd make it out of range eventually, yet he began throwing explosives, hoping to explode at least one of them. His tape-deck was jammed and couldn't get out another mini-con to follow them and continue attacking them.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis’ StarDust dragon recoiled from the punch it received to it’s jaw. It fell to the ground, but the punch didn’t hurt that much due to it being made of StarDust Fragments. It saw the robot in the trap, but then the StarDust dragon sprang up when the robot started to throw explosives. Otis was trying to run as fast as she could, then she realized that she could just ride in her UFO Mount. But before Otis could reach her key, an explosive was thrown at her, and she was blasted into the air. She landed face first into a tree, and her StarDust dragon caught up with her. It pulled her out of the tree, and Otis shot a thankful smile at it. She drank a potion, and then pulled out her Laser Machinegun. Otis then repeatedly shot the robot with blue lasers flying everywhere, running with the group as she did so.

Hugo shot at the robot while following the group. 'Where too?' he asked. He was in doubt. He wanted to stay with them, since he grew to like them, but he also wanted to head back into Star-Wars, to find a lightsaber. Maybe he could ask them to help him find it after they went for the artifact. But would they help someone as useless and weak as him? No, they probably wouldn't bother helping him. So if he wanted them to help him, he'd have to prove his worth. He'd have to play a key role in getting the artifact. He grabbed his blaster more tight, and looked for enemies. If anyone would attack them, he would make sure to be the hero of the day. His further Oasis-career depended on it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi looked at her alerts as she received a message from her brother; DerpyGamer74898loLz stating the artifact was in the 'Fortnite' world. "We're in the wrong world! The artifact is in the Fortnite Planet. Its just...the portal is on the other side of all...that." Delphi pointed to the ruckus of monsters and players, all fighting to get into the portal. Equipping her full diamond armor and Fire aspect II diamond sword, she charged through the crowd, dropping creepers from spawn eggs around big clusters of monsters. "What are you waiting for!?" she shouted "Follow me!" Delphi ran towards the portal, Blaze following after her, using Fame Punch on whoever got in Delphi's way.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis heard Delphi mention a ‘Fortnite Planet’, and she sighed. Otis was able to summon her UFO Mount and zoomed toward the portal which Delphi was running towards. She then entered the portal, and crashed into the ground. She made the UFO Mount disappear, and almost immediately someone tried to shoot her. Her block form was no longer there, and the same applied for her StarDust dragon. Otis looked towards the player and she pulled out her Influx Waver. She ran towards them, swinging her sword to summon blue projectiles towards them. Although some of them missed, while the player kept shooting at her. But Otis was able to take a few swings at them.

As Hugo heard Delphi mention the Fortnite World, his stomach turned. It was there that he lost his favorite Blaster Rifle. He has never been in that world since then. He sighed, and then jumped into the portal. As he entered the world, he was immediatly attacked by someone with an axe. He jumped away, and shot the person in the head with his blaster. He then picked up the axe, and placed it in his inventory. 'Phew, finnaly something to melee with. No lightsaber, but better then nothing.' He ran towards Otis. 'Where too now?', he asked. 'How do we find that artifact? I don't want to stay here any longer then we have to.'

Wynn had followed Delphi through the crowd, chopping down monster in one hit with his sharpness 5 diamond sword, but when he heard her mention the fortnite world, he stopped before going into the portal. He had some bad memories there from when he was first starting out. He decided the cube was more important then his sanity, so he went through the portal anyway, awaiting for Delphi to point him towards where the artifact was.

D

Deleted member 227971

As Delphi leapt through the Portal, her brother was standing right in front of her face, holding a ball containing Salamence. "You guys need a lift?" He laughed, releasing the dragon. Delphi hopped onto the back of her brother's Salamence and lent a hand to Cpt.Pokeboy and smiled. Her brother Fred, or DerpyGamer74898loLz as he was known in the Oasis chuckled. "Someone has a cruuushhhhh!" he smirked. Delphi put her hand over her brother's Avatar's mouth and blushed. "Umm, maybe we should go now? Before things get too weird?" Fred prised Delphi's hand of his mouth and said, much to his sisters annoyance, "Nah, lets wait for your other friends"

Hugo looked at the Salamence. 'Yeah, not sure we're all gonna fit on that thing.' He grinned. 'Are there other options?' If only he had a Pokemon himself, he could give them all a lift and prove himself usefull. But unfortunately, he had no coins to buy pokeballs.

Wynn climbed on to the large dragon owned by someone he didn’t know, he was uneasy about trusting this person, but AstrapiDT seemed to be fine with it, so he did it anyway. When she helped him on to the dragon, he said, “Thank you,” But was immediately blushing when DerpyGamer74898loLz made a comment about them both.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi could tell Cpt.Pokeboy was feeling uneasy about her brother, so said "Don't listen to my brother. A pain in the head, yes, but is rather a useful person if you can get him to trust you and vice versa." As she was saying this, Fred looked out from behind Delphi and switched his avatar's eyes to baked bean shapes, and started mimicking her. It was hard not to laugh at him, especially as his avatar was already a 3D version of Gumball from The Amazing World Of Gumball, so it looked all the more hilarious.

(Skip to 40 secs in this video for what i mean)

Hugo climbed on the Salamence. 'Damn, this thing is way bigger than I thought it would be!' As he was waiting for the others, he grew bored and impatient. 'How long are we gonna wait for the others?' He laughed at Fred. 'Well, at least that helps againts boredom.'

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She then gave one last stab at the player, and a bunch of coins went into her inventory. Otis then spotted a boy with a Salamence, and she instantly hopped on. Her StarDust dragon simply floated next to her, growling to itself. “Where do we go next?” Otis asked, placing her Influx Waver back in her inventory.

Crystal stepped through the portal to Fortnite world, “Oh, great..” She sighed, “Since we’re here now..” She smirked, “Where we droppin’?” She laughed, “I think this should be a Season 7, I don’t know much, but..” She changed her avatar into a female fortnite skin, “I might aswell immerse myself!” She opened up a virtual map of the world, “Where’s the most hidden place in Fortnite?”

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi sighed when she saw 'ThePumpkinPie' jump onto the back of her brother's Salamence. "And who are you?" she asked. Fred seemed not to care, instead daydreaming of what was for dinner, steak pie or roast chicken. Delphi shook her head. "Dude, can we get going now?!" she said to him. Her brother snapped out of his daydream with a "Huh? Yeah" and Salamence started to fly to the center of the planet, where the Artifact would be, and landed. Delphi hopped off and helped everyone else off, still rather annoyed at his brother for stating the even more annoyingly obvious. "Whelp, bye!" He said, zooming off and away, back to the ROBLOX planet. "Gotta hate that guy" Sighed Delphi, turning to Cpt.Pokeboy and pulling out her Sniper Rifle and her Assault rifle. She started to build upwards so she could parachute right where the artifact was, snatch it, then escape. "Come on then!" she smiled. The Cat-girl started to walk up, building along the way. She would probably give it straight to Pokeboy, due to having an extra life coin already, but it honestly depended on whoever got it.

Hugo walked right behind Delphi, his blaster ready. 'So...', he began. 'Once we get that artifact, who will keep it? I mean, sharing it won't really be an option, so how are we gonna do that? Finders keepers, or what?' He wanted the artifact, but he knew he would lose it immideatly, since he died a lot already. But still, he wanted it to be settled, since he didn't want to ruin his new friendships. These were his first friends, both in real life and in the Oasis, and he wasn't going to ruin it already.

Crystal jumped off Salamanca, continued building Delphi’s ramp and added the final touch, the trap that would launch them all to the artifact. “Well, I’d like to have it..” She said quietly, looking at the floor. “I’ll see you down there!” She jumped onto the trap, bouncing off into the sky and opening up into a parachute.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Having wondered through different worlds and killing multiple players Shade had reached the artifact, he had killed some players who had been camping the artifact and was about to grab the thing when he heard something he looked up seeing a ramp and some players, one of them was heading down towards the artifact, "Not on my watch" he snarled, he started to fire his Hellfire Shotguns up at the ramp and the players. A thought went through his head as he was shooting he could use his Holy Hand Grenade and blow up the ramp, but that would be a waste of the grenade.

Hugo dodged the shots and jumped down. He landed further away than he planned, and turned around. Instead of grabbing the artifact, he ran past it and dashed towards Shade. He sneaked up on him and hit him on the head with his blaster. 'Go for it, Meowzers!' , he shouted. 'I got your back!'

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade turned on Hugo, swapping his shotguns, for his scythe. "back off or you'll regret it" he said, swinging his scythe at Hugo with incredible speed. He glanced at the artifact quickly to see if anyone was there and decided to use his Holy Hand Grenade, he threw the grenade over his shoulder, it landed near the artifact and exploded destroying the ramp, and most of the surrounding area, Shade shoved Hugo out of the way and threw up a shield he had stolen from a player earlier, would take most of the damage but still leave him weakened.

Hugo stood up again and grabbed his blaster. 'Get away from there or I'll shoot!', he shouted. If anyone was gonna get the artifact, it would be him or any of his friends, but not this dude. He was willing to die for it, as long as he would reach his goal.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis looked towards Delphi, “One of your little friends told me I should follow you all, so I did.” Then she jumped off the Salamence, and summoned her UFO Mount. Otis rode it all the way to where Hugo and this other player were. I might as well help them out, the artifact would be very useful in the Terraria Planet... She hopped out of her UFO Mount, and then her Mount disappeared. She took out her Laser Machinegun, aiming it towards the shielded player. Her StarDust dragon was right behind her, growling deeply.

'Don't turn around, or you're dead!', he shouted to Shade. He had to make sure that guy didn't notice Otis. If Otis could kill the guy, at least on of his friends would get the artifact. Of course there was a chance Otis would gun him down as well, but he was willing to take the risk. He needed to have faith in his new friends, since he knew he was gonna need them to get a lightsaber. 'Put the shield away, and back it up slowly. As long as you listen to me, I won't kill you.' , he told Shade.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade knew this kind of player well, he was most likely distracting him while his friend came from behind, he lowered his shield then using he Hellfire Shotgun's ability he did an attack similar to Reaper's ultimate in overwatch, he ducked and shouted out "Die! Die! Die!" as he span round shooting in every possible direction, he cursed under his breath, he had waisted his Holy Hand Grenade, so this artifact would be a suitable replacement.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis quickly dodged a few bullets, and then went undercover. She only went out a few times to shoot him with her Laser Machinegun, so there were blue lasers flying everywhere. Then Otis ran out of Mana, so she put her Laser Machinegun away. She then pulled out her Influx Waver, and swung it. Blue projectiles were sent towards Shade, while her StarDust dragon then charged at Shade, and attempted to bite him.

Hugo got hit a few times, but not enough to kill him. He quickly hit behind a rock. 'I warned you!', he shouted. He filled with rage. He grabbed his blaster, jumped up from behind the rock and fired at Shade.

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi looked at the artifact and shook her head. “No more nice guy” she snarled “That thing is MINE!” Delphi jumped off the ramp, not bothering to deploy a parachute. She landed on the ground and started shooting everyone in her way until she got to the artifact. She needed that thing. With it, she and Pokeboy would be unstoppable on planet Doom! Blaze started delivering several flame punches to everyone in his way, growling menacingly.

Void_Nugget

Previously Shadow_Pup
Shade smiled slightly, he Shadow stepped (reapers teleport) behind Otis, he pulled out his ray gun and held it to her head, he called out to the other guy "now, now, neither I nor either of you will win our little fight here, you two are strong and so am I, but we need not fight anyway" he pointed to Delphi near the artifact, "I'm pretty sure she's gonna get it anyway" he put the gun away and put his hands up, he walked over to Hugo and held his hand out, "the names Shade_Reaper, and you two are?".