• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Ready Player One: A new beginning

• Thread starter Deleted member 227971
  • Start date

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis then froze when Shade pointed a gun at her head. Please don’t shoot me... please don’t shoot me... She thought repeatedly before realizing that Shade had already put his gun away. She sighed deeply as her StarDust dragon floated beside her with a confused look on it’s face. “The names’ ThePumpkinPie, but just call me Otis.”

Hugo lowered his blaster. 'Well, that's a weird plottwist.', he said. 'I'm MostDeliciousFruit, but just call me whatever you like.' He looked at Delphi. Luckily, one of his friends would get the artifact. However, chances were high she would take it and then ditch them all, only to leave with Pokeboy. He didn't know what to do. Shoot her? But he needed them. Would they help him, though? By the minute, he grew more uncertain.

Crystal shot an uncertain look at Hugo, "I know what you're thinking, and I don't like it.." She got out her guns, randomly spun around shooting with her stun setting, then ran to grab the artifact. She tried to grab it, not having time to put it in her inventory. She quickly drank a small shield potion and tried to get to the portal, "No shooting! I'm a good guy!" She laughed, forgetting she had only got time to get a small potion. The stun wouldn't last long if they were strong, but if they were weak, it would last as long as the target couldn't overpower it.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She didn’t notice the stun bullet in time, and Otis was hit with one. Falling onto the ground, she dropped her Influx Waver. Her StarDust dragon looked over to Crystal who was running to the portal, and it let out a snarl as it flew after her with it’s mouth open for an attack. Otis tried to overpower the stun, but wasn’t strong enough to do so. She had to lay there, and the only idea Otis could think of was to try to reach for her Influx Waver. (Hopefully I got that idea you had in mind right...)

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi saw 'Meowzerz' get the artifact and snarled. She wanted that! She thought of killing her for a moment, but that would be too extreme. Snatching it wasn't an option either. She saw a player not too far back had dropped a stun bomb, she could try and use that, but deep down she knew that 'Meowzers' had got it fairly, and needed it more than her. Delphi sighed loudly and looked at Oits. She picked up her Influx Waver and handed it to her, before attempting to help her up. It was the least she could do, after planning to abandon them all anyway.

Hugo saw Meowzers head for the portal. 'You go, girl!', he shouted. He was happy. One of his friends got the artifact, and he showed his worth. Now he just had to hope that his new friends recognized his worth, or it would all have been for nothing. He walked up to Delphi and Otis. 'Well, that was fun, but can we please get out of here now? I don't want to stay any longer in this stupid world than we have to.' He looked at the enemy players. 'And besides, staying here is not all that safe, since many people don't seem to have noticed that the artifact is already gone. If we want to survive, we need to leave.'

OOC: Super Sorry. I missed a ton because it wasn’t notifying me.

Wynn knew this was his time to strike. He had been following behind AstrapiDT this whole, time, and he finally went for the artifact, shooting his stasis rifle at Meowzers just before she entered the portal, and freezing her midair. He didn’t care that she had been helping them, because to him she was just another player who he didn’t know in real life, and he really wanted that artifact. Shooting cover fire with his phaser rifle, he ran at Meowzers, grabbed the cube out of her frozen hands, and jumped through the portal himself.
“That went better than I expected,” he thought, “maybe I should betray people more often.”

Hugo watched as Pokeboy betrayed Meowzers. 'YOU SON OF A...', he shouted. 'I'LL END YOU!!!!!' He ran towards Meowzerz. 'You ok?', he asked, helping her to get up. Now one of his friends got the artifact, but it was one who decided to betray them all. Well, not all of them, to be fair. Pokeboy would probably seek out Delphi again, and they would team up to face whatever threat was waiting for them. He looked at Delphi. 'Guess your boyfriend betrayed us.', he said. 'What about you? Are you still with us?'

D

Deleted member 227971

Delphi looked at the Portal, and then at Hugo. "Why would I be?" She snarled "Why should I help someone i've only known for half an hour, over someone I've known all my time in the Oasis? And he's not my boyfriend!" Delphi smirked and jumped through the portal, shouting "SEE YA SUCKERS!" while pulling a fake salute.
"Good one" She said to Pokeboy when she landed on the other side, back in the world hub. "I was thinking of doing it myself, but whelp"

“Yeah, I knew that you wouldn’t have the guts to betray them, even if you did only know them for half an hour, so I did it myself. Do you want the cube?” Replied Wynn to AstrapiDT, then saying, “Also, we should probably go to a different world than this one, because they will follow us. Where are we anyway?”
Looking around, it seemed to Wynn that they were somewhere in the main hub, but he had never been here before, and none of the worlds with portals nearby were worlds he knew or recognized.

Hugo growled, and then jumped through the portal. He saw Pokeboy and Delphi nearby, and approached them. 'Congratulations.', he said. 'The artifact is yours. Just know that betraying people you just know for half an hour might be easy for you, but not for them. Not for me. Luckily for me, I've been betrayed countless times before, so I can handle it. It would seem trust is also gone in the Oasis.' He walked away and jumped through the Star-Wars Portal.' Guess I'm on my own. '

Crystal grunted, smiling at Hugo. She followed him through the portal, walking up to the two betrayers. "I like to think I can trust people." She stared at the artifact, "You weren't worth my time." She turned her back, walking into the Star Wars portal with Hugo. She waved at him, "No need to be alone, I'm with you!" She opened up her inventory, handing him one of her stun and shooting guns to use if he needed, "Take this, you shouldn't get killed so easily with help around!" She laughed, "It was great to meet you, I can easily say I'm not one for betrayal." She looked around, "I've seen a couple Star Wars movies, even played with toy lightsabers, maybe it'd be cool to have a virtual one, huh?"

Hugo turned around and saw that Crystal followed him. He took the gun. 'Thanks.', he said. 'I guess there are still some trustworthy people left.' She went on telling him that she saw a few Star-Wars movies, and that she'd like a lightsaber. 'Well', let me tell you, the ones in the Oasis are exactly as in the movies and games, and they're epic as hell.' He pointed at the ground, which was covered in snow. Then he pointed at some mountains in the distance. 'I believe we're on Illum.' He checked his navigator. 'Yup, Illum. It's an ice world, which you probably already figured out. But it' s also where the Jedi used to collect kyber crystals. Those are the crystals used to power up the lightsabers. If we want a lightsaber, we need to go to the crystalcaves.'

Crystal nodded, “Got it!” She looked around, checking for anything that would want to attack the two, “Looks safe enough, let’s go to the caves!” She started going in the direction towards the crystal caves, thinking she could sea the entrance in the distance. “So, how do we make a lightsaber once we get the crystals?”

'We need to get some other components, which we can probably get at any merchant in a settlement. That won't be an issue. Once we get that, we need to combine the components with the crystal by focussing on the Force.' He looked at Crysyal's face, and saw a big question mark on her face. 'Here in the Oasis, your connection to the Force, which means how powerfull you are with the Force, is based on your player level. I'm level 2 right now, so I'm not so strong with the Force. You, however, are a high level , and thus much stronger with the Force. The stronger you are, the better you can use the Force. Anyone above level 5 can make a lightsaber, so I have to train a bit first. But the higher your level, the easier it is to make a Lightsaber.'

Crystal smiled, "Great! If you use the gun I gave you, you should level up real fast. They make a rainbow explosion when you hit a target!" She chuckled, "That was my own design." When the two reached the crystal caves, Crystal elbowed Hugo's arm, "Crystal caves, my name is Crystal!" She laughed, "Oh, sorry, I never told you my name! I'm Crystal Spark, and you are?"

Hugo smiled. 'I'm Hugo.' Then he noticed movement near the entrance. He pulled Crystal with him a rock. 'Get down!' he whispered. He pointed to two players guarding the entrance. 'Dark Siders.', he said. This is why he needed help. 'The Dark Side recently took over Illum. They occupy this world. I need your help defeating them.'

(@AstrapiDappletail @Pokéboy098 @Killerbunny @Joelkjn @OtisRolePlays Are you guys going to reply to the thread? It's just me and Squirtle XD)
Crystal nodded, "Got it, get out the guns!" She held her own in her hands, then jumped up from the cover of their rock and shot at one of the guards. She ducked down again, and the two dark siders came to investigate, confused. She finished the one she'd shot first one he peered over, "Do you think you can get the second one for me? We'll move fast after this, and quietly." She pointed to the second guard just a bit further back, holding his weapon ready and scanning the cave for Hugo and Crystal.

"Seems like he went AFK" Isak thought to himself. So he decided to go to Star Wars and maybe get himself another lightsaber. Before he left, he killed the guys he had left for the Harry Potter fan and then he opened up a portal to Star Wars. He went to the place where you could get crystals. He saw that a small battle was up ahead and a smile spread across his face. A battle meant more killing. But it would be a problem if they were higher levelled than him. He went to investigate first and when he saw that there was now just one person searching for something or someone. A Dark-side user. That worked well with him. He jumped out infront of the player and used his 'shout' from Skyrim and they went flying quite a bit.
"Whoever he was searching for, it'll be fine. I'm a Light-side user. You can come out wherever you are. i only bite if you attack" he shouted around himself and took out his lightsaber to throw at the guy. It didn't kill him but it did quite a lot of damage.

Hugo came out from behind the rock. 'Great, thanks.', he said. 'Can you help us take back this cave?' He walked through the entrance. 'Both of you, stay low and follow me.' He went through the entrance.
The tunnel let to a balcony. He looked down, and saw that they were on the second level. The real entrance was below. As he looked down, he saw a giant cave, filled with glowing pillars, lighting up the room. Across the entire cave were Dark Side users. He looked at Isak and Crystal 'Listen to me.', he whispered. 'We need to take those guys down. The entrance to the tunnels is right there. If we can take them out, we can get our Kyber Crystals. I'll explain how we can get the crystals once we pulled this of.' He looked at Isak. 'Can I count on you?'

"Wow. You don't waste time do you? you're wasting so little time that you didn't even realize that that person is still alive. And if they are friends with those people in there, then we should probably kill them before they alerts them about us" Isak said as he shot the person with his gun until the person died. Then he started to follow the guy in.
"We didn't even introduce ourselves to eachother. Eh. You can see my tag and i'm not gonna say my real name so i guess there's no point in introducing ourselves" he said almost to himself. He looked at the guy.
"Of course you can count on me MostDeliciousFruit. And as my tag suggests, i'm good at sneaking so i should go first. I can also use the Force run so if i get caught, i'll be fine. I'm also clearly the highest levelled one of us so there's that too" he said and prepared to go down and kill some players.

(In case you don't want to waste any time, Isak's gamertag is Sneakmaster and his level is 43)

Hugo nodded. 'OK, if you want to do it stealthy, be my guest. But we need to kill them all. No survivors, copy? We need to take back these caves, or no one on the Light Side will be able to obtain another lightsaber.'

D

Deleted member 227971

As Meowzers and MostDeliciousFruit left into Star Wars, Delphi turned and looked at Pokeboy, sighing. “The Planet Doom portal is near here, I think. If not, we could just go to my home planet. Sorry about it being a mess though, I get paid loads of coins for commissions”
Delphi started to walk around the game hub, looking for Planet Doom. It was probably all the way on the other side of the game hub, considering her luck. “Well, I can’t find it. It’s probably on the other side of the game hub. Want to go to my home planet then?”

"Buddy, the biggest reason i play this game, is to kill enemies. Because that's the most fun. You don't have to tell me something like that. I was gonna kill them all anyway. Should i leave some for you to deal with or should i kill everyone myself? That one over there looks to be pretty weak. Might be someone even you could take down, Fruit" Isak said as he looked around the area. He ducked as soon as he saw any guard looking his way so he wouldn't be noticed.

Crystal pointed to Hugo’s gun she’d given him, “He should be able to handle some. I’m over level 20, those guns are powerful enough.” She used her own again to shoot at some more guards in the distance, then ducked back down. “What colour ‘sabers can we get here, Hugo?”

"The most common colours you can get is blue and green. The most rare is black and purple. Yellow exists too but they're pretty rare too. Red lightsaber's are a little harder to make because you need to use the dark side of the force to convert the crystals. That's one of two reasons why you shouldn't get a red lightsaber. The other one is because the crystals are called 'the living crystal'. Which means they might have a mind of it's own. And converting them with the dark side would in that case hurt them quite much" Isak said. Then he looked at the two.
"Sorry. I'm a big Star Wars nerd. And those are the only crystal colours i've heard of. They might've added more of them in this game. But hey, now they know we're here. Nice going Meowzers. Not like i was going to sneak up on them and kill them one by one silently" he said. He peaked out from the rock to see if they knew where they were. They seemed to search for the source of the shots. Which meant they hadn't seen them shoot.
"Lucky you. They don't know where the shots came from" he said and then he began sneaking over to another rock. And then another. He sneaked his way over to a guard that he could kill with just one hit and killed him silently with a knife. And then continued. After a few minutes, the remainig guards were getting nervous and Isak figured they would definitely be able to take down all of them together now. And so he took out his lightsaber and prepared himself. He made a signal to the other two that meant they should attack with him. Then he ignited the lightsaber and attacked the closest one. An easy kill but the next one had a lightsaber too and was close to Isak in level. But with the magic of Skyrim, that guy was also defeated.

Last edited:

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
(Sorry, I’m just figuring out what to do with my character but I think I know what to do now.)

Soon the stun wore off, and Otis was able to get up. She nodded to Delphi and grabbed her own Influx Waver. Then Delphi ran off with Pokeboy who had the artifact. Otis watched them go, feeling a bit sad. “That was my attempt to connect with people...” She then saw the StarWars Portal that the others went in. “Or maybe I have another chance...” Otis then hopped into the portal with her StarDust dragon right behind her. She landed on the ground with a quiet thud, but she quickly got up. Otis looked around, and soon noticed a player. “Hello there!” She called out to them while waving, but the player only looked at her.

Then the player pulled out a blaster and started to shoot Otis. She instantly panicked and dodged a few, but then the player started to shoot at her in a much faster pace. All those shots hit this time, and Otis quickly ran behind a rock saying, “Nope, nope, nope, nope!” She took a deep breath, still hearing the player shooting at her. But her StarDust dragon was charging at them, and soon it had bit the player’s arm. Otis then jumped from behind the rock, repeatedly shooting them with her Laser Machinegun. Then the player disappeared, only leaving coins along with their weapon behind. Otis picked up all the coins, then she picked the blaster up with a look of confusion on her face. Otis aimed it at the rock she had hid behind before, and shot a red laser at it. “Hmm, not as strong as my Laser Machinegun... but it will do.”

Crystal gasped, "I want purple!" She loudly whispered, smiling at Isak's comment. She heard a shout in the distance, and sneaked off to the entrance to take a look, "I'll be right back, I think I heard something, I'll be okay to check it out." Down on the first level, she slowly walked out, guns held in front of her. She saw a dragon in the distance and knew who she'd heard. It was the girl who was with them for the artifact, she slowly approached her after she killed the player. "Hey, again!" She put her guns back and held her hands up so she wouldn't shoot, "It's me from earlier, name's Crystal, by the way." She nodded towards the cave, "We're getting lightsabers in there, you can see who the 'we' I'm talking about is if you want to come with me?"

“Sure, I’ll go to your home planet. I don’t think I’ve ever been there the whole time I’ve known you. What do you have there? Mine is a Minecraft-like planet.” Replied Wynn cheerfully after just betraying four people. He had stuffed his new artifact inside the bag of holding.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis then heard someone walking toward her. She quickly turned around to see one of the people who was searching for the artifact. “Well, my name is Otis and I would like to come!” She then followed Crystal without haste, and her StarDust dragon lingered for awhile before following as well.

Crystal jumped, "Great!" She gestured for Otis to come and started leading the way. She ducked down at the entrance of the Crystal Caves and signalled for Otis to do so with her until they reached the second floor again. She pulled her friend behind a rock with Hugo, "This is Hugo, that guy over there just appeared, but he's friendly, I promise." (I mean Killerbunny, a.k.a Isak) "Guys! New recruit!" She whispered, still seeing a few guards lingering around.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis quickly ran after her, and ducked when Crystal signaled for her to do so. Her StarDust dragon simply phased through the blocks, until ending up where the other players were. Otis was on the second floor with Crystal, and then she was suddenly pulled behind a rock. She reconized Hugo, but not the other player. “Hmm, okay then!” Her StarDust dragon saw the other guards, and then it flew behind to rock to attack. But Otis was able to grab it’s tail and pull it back from behind the rock in time. “Shh! We don’t want to get caught!” She whispered to it and her StarDust dragon finally calmed down.

Hugo nodded. 'Welcome back.' He then jumped away from the rock and shot the remaining guards. He then turned back to his friends. 'All right, listen up. In these caves, we will be able to find our own crystal. There are many here, but you will know when you' ve found the one that is right for you. We will most likely be seperated, but don't let that stop you. In here, you have to overcome your fears. Only then can you prove yourself worthy. ' He stood up and headed to the tunnel.' Let's go.', he said, and headed in.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She finally stood up when Huge killed the remaining guards and explained what they had to do. “Whoa, this sounds intense!” This made her more excited, her life was starting to get boring on the Terraria Planet since she fought bosses and monsters alone. Otis then followed Hugo into the tunnels, and her StarDust dragon floated beside her.

Crystal smiled, “Sounds great! Come on, Sneakmaster!” She quickly ran down the tunnel, seeing different colours and sizes of the glowing crystals. It was a hard choice, and she pondered the, for a while. “Who thinks I can find a purple one?” She said, quite confident as she scanned the tunnel for the rare colours. “I think I can!” She shouted, heading further and further down.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
She saw Crystal run past her, and Otis managed to smile. She ran after her new friend, Otis’ Frostspark boots making her run much faster. Her StarDust dragon lingered behind a bit, looking at blue crystals as they reminded it of StarDust Fragments. It then looked away from the blue crystals and followed Otis with incredible speed.

Hugo ran after them. 'Guys, not so fast! If you're impatient, you will never have time to notice which Crystal belongs to you!' They reached an intersection, where Hugo finnaly managed to stop them. 'You need to be patient. The Crystal will stand out from the others. You will know it when you see it.' He looked around. 'You each need to go the way you feel the best with.' He focused. 'For me, it's the left path. Let's rendevous here when you find your Crystal. Good luck.' He turned around and went into the left tunnel.

BoredSnowglobe

Previously OtisRolePlays
Otis came to a sudden stop when Hugo called out to them, and she nodded with enthusiasm to signal that she understood. Her StarDust dragon was looking at the middle tunnel, but Otis was looking towards the right tunnel. “I have a good feeling about the right path!” She then bolted to the tunnel opposite of the one Hugo had chosen. Her StarDust dragon sighed and followed after Otis.

Crystal shrugged, “I’ll go middle, then!” She started heading down again, seeing a lot of blue and green. That wasn’t what she wanted, however, and she kept searching. A blue one glowed particularly bright as she passed, but she kept going, anyway. She made sure to leave a marker at the crystal. She let out her Meowth, “Stay here, I’ll be back soon, buddy.” The Pokèmon nodded in response and let its trainer head down some more. “Purple.. purple.. purple.. where are you..”

Hugo followed the tunnel, which went down, deeper into the ground. He kept going, making sure not to fall. He saw many crystals, but nothing told him one of those was meant to be his. After some minutes, be became impatient. 'So many crystals, but none for me! It's unfair!', he shouted. Suddenly, a red light filled the room. He looked through the tunnel, and saw someone coming up to him. 'So much darkness...', a voice said. 'You will be a fine addition to the Dark Side.' He looked better, and saw that it was Pokeboy. No, not Pokeboy. It was a Force Projection, showing him a vision of Pokeboy. 'You're not real.', Hugo said to him. 'I won't be tempted to join the Dark Side.' Pokeboy smiled. 'You're wrong.', he said. 'You already embraced it.' He ignited a red bladed Lightsaber. 'Join or die.', he said. Hugo nodded. 'Death it is.' Pokeboy charged at him with a roar. 'Betraying me won't bring me to the Dark Side.', Hugo said before Pokeboy hit him with the Lightsaber. Hugo felt no pain, however. He opened his eyes, and saw that the red light was gone, and so was Pokeboy. He took a breath, and kept going. 'I guess I passed the first test.'