• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rayn's Thread of Stuffs

Nikki: Still working on your request. That'll get done soon.
Cody: Thanks for the tip! I'll try to get physically closer to the tree that they live in, a lot of those pictures were taken from my kitchen window (the hawk ones). It'll probably look better if they aren't at 40x digital zoom XD.
Amethyst: I'll get working on that. I'm glad that I've had experience drawing dragons...

While I should have been finishing Nikki's request, I felt like I needed to draw Rayn again.
rayniews.png

So I did. And I even shaded her. Yup... She got into some snacks or something so people got mad at her. I love that expression.​

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Rayn, that new drawing of Rayn is so epically adorable and beautiful is just squishy cute. :3 The pose is just so cute, it looks like she just did something she shouldn't and knows that all too well. I want to push aside whoever is yelling at Rayn and just hug and spoil her. >>

The shading is terrific and adds nice depth to the picture. It also adds a nice little bit of texture to everything. Just a very nice job. Keep it up Rayn. -^^-

That newest picture of Rayn is super cute ♥
I also love her expression, and your shading is awesome. I always find Rayn's little bandana to be adorable.

Your photos are looovely. I can't believe you got that close to all those animals, whenever I try to get near a squirrel or something they just run up a tree :v
The second picture of the squirrel is the cutest thing in the world. It looks like a little doll :'}

Thanks guys. :'D I feel good.
Virgil: The squirrels lived in my backyard and I bet they were pretty used to humans. I did get pretty close though... Walking slowly helps.

Nikki: Got chur Leafeon done!
leafy.png

Jump! Based on the Brawl trophy that Leafeon and Glaceon are on.​

Nikki: No prob. :D

And now for something that isn't Pokemon!
esiface.png

Esais. He's Rotak's boyfriend basically. I actually had a reference by a boy in math class. I like this pic lots.​

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
:V That is terrific, Rayn. The shading, and colors, and just everything is amazing. :3 I love, love, love the hair. It just really seems to have an amazing texture to it, and the hair just seems so real looking. I love the shading on the face and around the eyes, it just looks like the eyes are glowing and casting light across the face. The colors just look terrific as well. It's just so awesome, Rayn. -^^-

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Trainer Soul - that is classed as SPAM. Why is it cool? I'm going to give you a warning, because looking at your posts throughout the artworks/spriting boards you've done this in multiple topics. Either take the time to say why you like something, or don't comment at all.

Made a siggy for leh siggy contest. Not gonna say which one yet, you guys could probably figure out though :X.
BUT ALSO.
I made myself a wallpaper. Beatles style! Linked due to hugeness. Listened to their songs the entire time. And stuff. If ya really want to use, go ahead, but don't post it other places plz.​

Who has an underscore in her name and a new piccu!
This chick!
...I only recently figured out that taking a picture of a drawing would suffice if my scanner did not work for me...
ugtkyjfrthd.png

Isshu clothes fur my Trainer-person. Yus. I want that hoodie. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee shading.​

No isshus with those clothes, right? Lol. That was a horrible joke.

I'm quite fond of the netty-sort shirt. It must have taken forever to shade all those lines in.

Secad: Actually, it didn't really take all that long to do the mesh. Just quick scratchy movements.

I was watching Pride and Prejudice (the awesome 2005 version) and drawing peoples faces/noses. Cuz a lot of those extras have really cool faces. And so does Matthew Macfadyen.
IRIJRG.png

There was a nice shot of him at this angle and I drew it. Only in my style it ends up looking youngerish... yah.
SHADING LIKE THIS IS FUN.​

Rayn, if smoosh his eyes a bit you might get the look you're going for. Or make him Asian. But, essentially, youngess is generally signified by eye size, and the raised eyebrows might be a factor as well.

Nice work though, drawing from piccus is a good idea, if a little frustating at times (or so I found, when I used to draw).

I have to agree with Tatile. The eyes just look too round to be realistic. Another comment would be about the hair. That hair looks a tad too blocky. Unless it's held with lots of product, it should have some sort of movement, if you get what I mean.

Now the nose is what I really like. I usually have a ton of trouble iwth noses.

Thanks for the comments guys. I made his eyes Asian.
IRIJRsG.png

...I'm not going to do anything else. Even though his eyebrows should be lower...
And I suck at drawing realistic short hair >>;.

And I drew The Lorax Squid Monkey Form!
uieui.png

He looks better on paper.​

A

Anonymous

OMG! I love all your drawings could you draw me a clumsy looking riolu holding a crown for my avy please

Your art style is really unique and I like the sort of pillow quality of it (: Really nice effect.

Now for a request:
A Shiny Mightyena with a black bandana on? The pointy part being on the back of his neck. Also, he's more like a dark brown/light brown shiny than a gold/yellow shiny (think rust).

Thank you in advance(:

lucarioqueen: Well... Riolu's holding the crown on it's head...
rioquess.png

Fullsize
rioquesses.png

Avvie size.

Lycaeus: Thanks! Also, you mean the tie part in front right?​

A

Anonymous

Omg! that is awesome but I wont be able to use it because my laptop is broken and my wii wont let me save pictures.
Could I trouble you to post the web address?

Wow these look fantastic, the dogs on the first page look really nice, must've taken some time am I right? The pokemon and other drawings have been looking great too, that last one might be my favorite at the moment ;D

I'd like to give a try at doing this but it looks like to much work for me to try :-[

Could I possibly get a quilava eating a muffin?

Last edited by a moderator:
Lycaeus: Hope you like it, let me know if you want anything changed.
lycus.png

lucarioqueen:
Code:
[img]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/rioquesses.png[/img]
Avvie sized one.

Silent Angel: Thanks, and it does take some work and figuring to find out what your good at, keep trying. I'd love to draw you a Quilava.​

Awesome I'll be anxiously awaiting it :)
I think I've gotten okay at drawing it (pokemon) by hand but on a laptop it's pretty hard. I tried doing that chinchilla pokemon a couple hours ago and well, I could tell who it was but it was pretty horrible haha. Think I need to get a mouse for the laptop before I try again.

Silent Angel: I will get your picture done soon, hopefully today, but I haven't had access to my compy cuz my brother's a jerk.Done!
quiklikie.png

New Arts:
colondee.png

A color wheel of Pikachus and Pichus, made in Adobe Illustrator for GA II. I made sure I was nerdier than my boyfriend who had previously made one of the Triforce.
I like the lightning :D.​

Bump.
Might as well post some of the sigs I made for siggy contest here, cuz some y'alls might not want to scroll trough that.
zebracorm.png

kingydid.png

fungus.png

heor.png

Yar.​

Rayn! I LOVE the color wheel! It's fantastic :D It makes me happy looking at it ^^
I'm also quite the fan of your siggies. I like the Zebra guy the best :D (Yeah...haven't learned the Japanese names too well ;_;) You did great choosing the colors ^^

Great work :D

A

Anonymous

Ok I actually didn't notice your sigs (silly me!) so i'd like to request one!
Character: Keroro Gunsou
Colour: Green (no particular shade but a darkish green)
Text: De Arimasu
(i think I spelt de arimasu right) Oh I also need the web address sorry!

luarioqueen: Meh, it's fine. I hadn't posted one in a while so I guess you could get confused...
Here's your sig!
kero.png

Code:
[img]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/Sigs/kero.png[/img]

A

Anonymous

Wow that is awesome de arimasu! (gets a paper to write down the web address and kill my wii while im at it!)

Rayn_Shyu said:
Silent Angel: I will get your picture done soon, hopefully today, but I haven't had access to my compy cuz my brother's a jerk.Done!
quiklikie.png
Alright, came out pretty cool, forgot to ask if he could be sitting upright while eating but I guess it's okay like this :D

Last edited by a moderator:
lucarioqueen: Glad you like it.
SA: I was gonna do him upright, but then I couldn't find a good reference for his arms so yeah...

Art:
I'm not going back into spriting, but when ever new sprites come out I usually end up doing me again so yeah.
slala.png

I think I did the best on the hair. I should fix the Pokeball on the left but I ain't gonna.​

A

Anonymous

That is awesomesauce thanks in fact, its near perfect :3 ill put riolu in my sig so none of your talent goes to waste!
lucarioqueenxxx

LQ: Glad you like it. C:

Artz:
So when ever I get comfortable doing something, I make myself try something new. I was starting to miss lines so I did this.
clahke.png

It's just colored lines on a black background. I have a chalkboard (that I need to use more often :F) so I think I'll call these chalkies. I'm planning to do these for all my charas so I have a nice BG for my compy.
If you want one, just say "Chalkie" somewhere in yer post ;).​