• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Rayn's Thread of Stuffs

Eighth time I've tried to do this thread...

Hi, I'm Rayn_Shyu, but everyone calls me Rayn. Go ahead and call me that, or you could call me Shyu or R_S.
I make sigs in GIMP as well as draw and color said drawings in GIMP. So here goes, I'll show you my siggies first.

Sigs:
murlock.png

Murloc sig.

flygon.png

Sparkles!

flygo.png

Bubbly.

storm.png

Trippy.

luc.png

I love the aura effect type thing.

link.png

He come to town~.

sora.png

This one ended up with weird colors...

raynsig.png

Rayn! ♥

luxray.png

I think this one is one of my best.

delib.png

Delibird.

refia.png

Reifia.

karascard2.png

Card I made for my friend.

blazey.png

Blaziken.

hitmon-1.png

Hitmon!

kiff.gif

Three sigs that melt into each other, I like them all.

cook.png

COOKIE!

kenshins.png

Ruroni Kenshin. Nice soft whites on this one.

beats.png

BATMAN!

shieds.png

Sig for Shadow, she used avvie of it though.

simaba.png

Simba Christmas card.

meiale.png

Megara Christmas/B-day card.

toakal.png

Old WoW charrie Rotak.

Untitled-1.png

Balto ♥.

black.png

B/W sig. I honestly don't know which is which -_-;.

ffewa.png

Fleet Foxes ♥.

inidida.png

Duhdadadaaaah!

croco.png

I want one of these on my team :F.

Arts:
OCs:
eiasesl.png

Esais. Long story short, he's the Grim Reaper of the world I'm writing about.

loveeeee.png

Tharros, one main character of the story I'm writing about.

elro.png

Rotak and Darkmoon, two other main charries. They have a dragon-rider mind bond telepathy thingy.

darekko.png

Darkmoon full body.

squid.png

Squid, he does have a mustache and he has other forms I should draw.

kume-1.png

Kumé, a fox daemon thingy that I have no story for yet :p.
Pokemon:
Oddly, this is all pretty much giftart.
linky.png

Linky ♥.

lefey.png

Arflarenine. Just a plain ol' Flareon at first, but well, yeah.

blazy.png

Blazikid requested this before forums asploded. I like this one.

zacky.png

A Marill for Blisk. I gave him a bow tie for cuteness.

espoke.png

Solrock for LoN. I've never liked Solrock, but I think that was cuz of the eye-lid thingies. But those are gone so it's cuter.

Other:
wolf.png

A wolfie for Blisk.

puppina.png

A puppy for Dark Soul.

spog.png

Puppy for Tun.

wawww-1.png

Meeeeeeeeeee.

daniaiwl.png

Mah boy.

AND I TAKE REQUESTS TOO!
Forms:
Sigs:​
Picture: (I'd rather not have to search for one for you...)
Colors: (Important!)
Words: (What you want and location, if you care.)
Size: (If you want a different size than 350 x 150, or an avvie instead.)
Arts: Not really a form...
What you want, ref pic if necessary. Describe a lot of details. If you want something chibi, say so and such.
Done ~.​

Pffft I used it as a sig on another site. Then one day it stopped showing up. *flails*\

The effects on your sigs are nice, I could never quite achieve the shinyness X3

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
hi rayn can you draw me an avatar (kinda like linkachu's) of my girafarig,passion, of whom's sprite picture is here--->
dyxjxl.jpg

(P.S passions firnge is actually brown)

thanks in advance
~Psy~

Raynnnn! When did you do this awesomesauce Solrock and how did I miss seeing it until now? Its amazing <333

I'd put it as my avatar right now if I could except I'm on my phone and it'd be all fiddly and its also late and I'm tired and I think its beginning to show... xP I'll give you a more awake comment soon xD

Shado/Vibration: That's cuz I moved my sigs in another account thingo. I didn't know you were actually using it!
Code:
[img]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/Sigs/shieds.png[/img]
Here's the code if you haven't already scrambled through my Photobucket account already.

Psy: I'll be assuming that the fringe is the pink spikes on the neck. I'll work on that tomorrow/in the morning.

LoN: Baw thanks! I actually did it just today/yesterday. I drew a lot of things during school and haven't really sat down to color them, this was one of them.

Also, I just learned that I probably shouldn't post at midnight (at least were I am), because somehow I end up saying a lot of today/tomorrow/yesterday and it confuzzles me to no end as to what I should really say.

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
Hi... no te fringe, if you look under the beret you'll see hair going over her eye.
and thanks :)

~Psy~

Last edited by a moderator:
Eeee, *can has avatar*

Thankies again Rayn ^.^ Its such a surprise :D Glad you made it recently, I'd feel terrible if it was old and I missed it XD

Psy: Ahh, good thing. I really couldn't see the fringe last night under the beret. Good thing I didn't start coloring her yet.

LoN: I'm glad you love it so much! Makes me feel fuzzy inside. ♥

*Probably going to edit*

Psy: Here you go, I think she looks great!
passon.png

Code:
[img]http://i356.photobucket.com/albums/oo8/Rayn_Shyu/passon.png[/img]
Used this for a reference [link]. The hardest part was trying to think of how to do the beret, but then I just made a square brush. :D

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
you have made my little passion so happy she loves her picture (shows imaginary girafarig the pic) you've done her complete justice thank you so much rayn.

~Psy~

Hey Rayn, I like all your work, you are very talented. I was also wondering if you could draw me an avatar ^^. Can it be a Megnezone? thanks if you can. I will be coming back soon to see what other things you have drawn. Keep up the good work ;)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Hey, Rayn. Your sigs are very nicely done. I love the array of varying techniques that you've used throughout the sample you've shown, they showcase your talents very nicely. Now, on to more specific gushing~!

I beyond love that second Flygon sig you made. The effects on it fit so nicely, and the background really compliments the render beautifully. I also like the font (it reminds me of the Harry Potter bookcover text :p).

The Storm Trooper sig is very sweet looking. I just adore the background on it, it really works so well with the render and seems to draw the colors out from it oh so nicely.

I love that Disney-style font on the Delibird one. :3 (Curse you and your superior ability of finding cool fonts :p)

That Balto one is just ♥. I can't even find a proper word for how much I just love how that one flows and fits together so nicely. It just seems like everything was done for a reason for the grand picture of the sig, and I love that. Also, the render is just awesome looking.

I still adore that B/W sig of yours now as much as I did when you entered it in the Sig contest. It's just so beautifully simple, yet powerful. Especially at the time, it really captured what Gen V was to us: vague, mysterious and full of so much wonder. The background effects are just sick, by the way.

On to the artworks~!

I very much so like your style of drawing. It's very clean and oh so adorable. The detail is astounding in some of them, and I commend you for having the patience to draw them. Now, onto the specific woks~!

That picture you drew for Katie of the little Linkachu is so frelling cute. :3 I just wanna steal it and hug it to death. ♥

Speaking of adorable~, that Marill... X_X The tuft of hair and bowtie are just too much cuteness for one picture to have.

Keep up the terrific work, Rayn. Now to set about stalking your thread so as to gush over each and every work you make from here on out. :3

Psy: You're welcome :D.

Nim: Thanks, and I'll get to that Magnezone ASAP. It's fun doing requests, cuz otherwise I wouldn't draw some stuff that people want :D.

Red: Thanks for gushing, it gave me a big boost in my self-esteem! I got a lot of fonts here. Find the ones you like!
Art:
roror.png

Rotak. I like this pose, all casual and ready to beat you up, yet somehow flirty. :3​

Psy: I'll get working on that.

Nim: Here it is!
nimm.png

Vroooom. I can say that that's my first time ever drawing a Magnezone. Here's the ref. I love the little eyes.

Psy: Got your's done too!
mahwa.png

To keep her from looking like a muppet, I made her wink. Ref. And yeah.​

Oh my God. Possibly the coolest thing ever Rayn. *Applaud* I shall put it my Avatar right now. I looove it's eyes too and the fact that it looks like it's laughting ^^

Aww no comments on Shyu? Well, here's another Purple 'mon.
veno.png

Venomoth! This poor guy doesn't get enough love. LOVE ITTTTTTTTT!
Ref.
I messed up the face :X.​

Venomoth never really did get enough love D: But we love it! So thats not so bad :D

And thats a pretty epicly done Venomoth right there too, Rayn. I like it an awful lot ^^ Same goes for Shyu :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
[gush]Rayn looks oh so cool, I love the colors on it, they compliment each other very nicely. It looks like some form of a cross between Haunter (the hands mainly, and partly the ears) and Espeon (the tail and forehead stone), but in bipedal form. Very cool, and I'd like to know its typing. :3

Also~, *loves Venomoth* It's very cute, especially in the little face. I really like the wings, they're nicely done with the intricate little markings and veins. Nicely done, Rayn.

I can't wait to see more of your works. -^^- [/gush]

Shyu is an epic FakeMon- Mewto + Espeon + Haunter = [WIN]

Also, you did a great job on the Venomoth. One of the bug types I actually like. The PokeMon with clothes rock, too!

Could you do a request from me? I'd like the head of the person in my signature, Model P, lineless of course. That would look awesome!

Model P: Alright, I'll try to get working on it! Got it done!
mpoe.png

You can probably tell what I used for a reference :p. I hope you don't mind that he doesn't have his shirken/kunei/whateverthecrap but I got lazy.

I think I like Purple Pokes a lot... Hmmm... ANYWAYS. I should probably explain Shyu a bit (RR, Rayn is an Espeon that I should draw for you guys, Shyu is the purple creature there).

Shyu is a "Fakemon" I made when I was little at the advice of my brother saying that fusing Pokemon would count. So I did. Using Haunter's ears and hands, Mew's body and head, and Espeon's gem, back legs and tail, I created the little creature that is now one of my favorite things to draw. The name comes from as follows:​

S from Espeon
H from Haunter
Yu from the pronunciation of Mew (we had an official guide book that said that...)

Shyu has a Psychic/Ghost typing and has a move called Flack, a signature Ghost type move. During drawing the 'mon a lot, I decided that switching up the colors would be cool so I did. That's why there's Pink Haunter parts and stuff. So yeah.​

Nice! The pic looks ten tims better in lineless. And don't worry about the Laser Shuriken, that was just a minor detail. I'll get it as my avatar!

And since nobody's requesting now, why not draw Rayn?

OH WAIT xD that was a request.

Model P: Sneaky request! I was gonna draw Rayn lineless anyhow, but meh, you got me off my but to go do her.
rtete.png

Meeeeeeeh. I should find a different pic to trace over, the pic I did was kinda old and her tail is short. In fact, she's more Espeon sized lol. But yeah, she looks nice lineless.​

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Aww~ Rayn looks so cute, Rayn. :3 The tuft of hair is quite adorable (as they always seem to be :p), and I adore that little bandanna tied around his neck. The colors are also quite terrific, but then again green is the best color in the whole wide world. :p (Is Rayn also a fusion of various Pokemon body parts? :3)

Also~ I have a taste for a new avy, I was wondering if you'd be so kind as to draw a Wartortle for me. I'd love you forever if you did. ♥

Oh, and if you need to know anything about the little guy, just ask away. Otherwise, go nuts. :3

Red, you seem to have a problem with my charas and what not lol. Rayn is a girl. She's not a fusion or anything, she's just from a Mystery Dungeon future thingy and her daddy was a Lucario.

Crazy Explanation:
In my crazy idea of a trilogy thingy of my Pokemon OC's, the Pokemon in the Mystery Dungeon time are starting to be more melded when they breed with different species. So Espeon x Lucario = Rayn. She also has some Mary Sue-like Aura Powers because of this. They're not Mary Sueish in that time (ie, you could have a Pikachu with Fire moves because of a Fire type father) but due to Celebi, Rayn is transported to the time when humans are still on PokeEarth. So she would totally be a cheater if she used Aura Sphere, because in that time, they still have certain moves that don't breed from Father to Child then, like in the games.

Yeah... Anyhow, if you want anything special on that Wartortle, speak now cuz I'll do him tomorrow!​

Bump.
Sir Red: Gots your Wartortle done!
wartor.png

Original size.
wartorly.png

Happy fun times! It was pretty fun making this, Wartortle makes a great subject in my lineless style. Ref. Go go break dancing :D.​

The picture of Rayn is really good. I have to say I like Shyu a bit more but they are both really well designed and drawn. Keep it up Rayn :)

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
[me=Sir Red]tackle-glomps Rayn[/me]

Wow, I totally did not see your bump with the Wartortle picture till right now. >>

I really must say though, it's just so amazing, and adorable, and wicked, and so terrific. :3 *dies a little from how much I love it*

The colors are terrific and really capture Wartortle's brilliance. And I love the little swirlies in the fluffy tail. :3 The pose is insanely wicked as well. I just love everything about it, Rayn. Thank you so much. -^^- *scurries off to put as avatar*

Red: I'm glad you like it! It was pretty fun as I already said.

Omygoshimadeasiggy.
discharge.png

I think I got a little rusty. That and Gimp on my compy doesn't want to install GreyC or GMic. D;. I kinda like it, free for use!​

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Ohhh~ I love that render. It looks so polygon-ish and cool. The back ground colors are very sweet, and the texture and feel of it are just wicked looking. The blurs on the Jolteon are very nice as well. I love that font too. :3

Also, I have the same issue with GreyC as you do. Stupid thing won't install on my file of GIMP. T_T

Red: Thanks for the comments. The Jolteon is actually a papercraft thing I found on google image. I really suck at render separation stuff, so I just took a piccy that had good colors and C&P'd it all over my canvas. And it's good to know that my case isn't just randomly occurring.

So while I'm nowhere as good as Cody in photography or anything, I do have a lot of piccus I've taken that I'd like to show you.

FUZZY ANIMAL ATTACK!
DSCN0887.jpg

DSCN0889.jpg

I can haz cheezburger?
DSCN0894.jpg

DSCN0902.jpg

DSCN0906.jpg

DSCN0910.jpg

DSCN0915.jpg

DSCN0922.jpg

Squirrel wave over... Now for cute fawn!
DSCN1044.jpg

DSCN1045.jpg

DSCN1049.jpg

DSCN1051.jpg

It was so cute! She's being taken care of by my aunt's neighbors cuz her mommy died. She nommed on my finger too cuz she was hungry. And she was making the most pathetic "Quew" sound, I wanted to pick her up and take her home and take care of her and...

Hawk wave!
IMG_0416.jpg

IMG_0419.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

We have hawks in our backyard, and they had babies! We also have less squirrels about... Also, this has to be on a really high zoom cuz they're way high up. I have more pics of random birds, but I don't know where that SD card went...​

So while I'm nowhere as good as Cody in photography or anything

Nonsense! Some of those photos are awesome, Rayn! I really like the third and fifth squirrel ones, great timing on both!The lighting of the third one creates a cool, dramatic kind of effect, too. The last one of the fawn is really good, too :)

Also these are all pretty dang good xD. I can't really pick a favorite...but maybe the sixth one, actually. It's just....I dunno. It's great though!

(Also all your other art is great, too :D )

And just a small piece of advice for the Hawk ones: instead of zooming in with digital zoom, you could take it to the farthest zoom without it going into digital zoom mode, take the picture, and then crop it. While it might not produce the best results, it might look pretty good ^^

Heya, Rayn. I would like to request a bit of art. Could you do some based off this pic?

Amethyst_Dragon_by_PutridusCor.jpg

Big, I know, but it was the best I could find. Make it just like that, but with all four feet on the ground, and a little thing at the end of his tail, shaped like an arrowhead. Thank you!