• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pyroar Officially Revealed

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Early this morning we reported that gaming website IGN had accidentally leaked a new Pokémon known as Pyroar, who was thought to be the evolved form of Litleo, on their site. Well, this afternoon the Pokémon has now been officially revealed through IGN and thus we finally know a bit more about it and can take a look at some official artwork.
Pyroar official artwork.jpg
As suspected Pyroar does indeed evolve from Litleo and keeps the Pokémon's Fire and Normal typing. Pyroar is known as the Royal Pokémon with a great mane of burning flames, and can have the ability Rivalry or Unnerve. The Pokémon can also learn the move Echoed Voice, quite fitting considering Litleo can learn Noble Roar.

IGN have a trailer showing off Pyroar in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y which you can see below. Check it out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I think this is the first time that I've really liked one of the Gen VI Pokemon's artwork over their in-game model. Pyroar looks pretty good drawn. That being said, it also looks better to me in motion verses static battle screenshots. The more I see this critter, the more I'm liking it. ^^

I actually really like his design and I love the fire kanji in his mane. It looks really awesome. I can't wait to have him in my team of fire pokemon.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
I agree with, Katie. The artwork for it is really cool, but the standing battle sprite is...odd. The mane looks too big and flat, in my opinion. I really like Pyroar, though. I assume it will be a Fire type, now I just have to hope that it is good. :)

Oh wow, it went from derpy to epic in a single bound! That's awesome, but I hate that they didn't put ears on him ;A; it bothers me a little, but I may have my fire type picked for the team. Even if it doesn't have a Mega form, I'll be happy~ But I really hope that it doesn't pull a Luxray and specialize in one stat that its movepool doesn't have many available (when introduced anyway, or without breeding) in. Personally, it looks to me like it has stable defenses and has good special attack.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
What gets me, is that I've spent the last three generations really wanting a great Fire-Type for my team and there have been so few available to choose from. And now, all these AMAZING Fire-Types come along at once and I'm spoilt for choice! Charmander, Talonflame, Litleo...

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
What gets me, is that I've spent the last three generations really wanting a great Fire-Type for my team and there have been so few available to choose from. And now, all these AMAZING Fire-Types come along at once and I'm spoilt for choice! Charmander, Talonflame, Litleo...

Yeaaaaah. This is my issue too, especially now I'm warming to Fennekin more than the Chespin line and now I realise I really like Pyroar...

As I've said elsewhere, Pyroar looks a heck of a lot better in the official artwork than it did in the screenshots. It also looks better in-game when it's actually moving, so I get the impressing it's one of those Pokémon you're not going to really like until you've gotten the chance to see it for yourself.

I already like it a great deal now though. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Don't forget the event Torchic! Torchic itself may not be as fan-favourite as Charmander but Mega Blaziken is a mighty tempting choice. :D

*I'm going to be overlapping types so much this first playthrough. I hate doing that. But the choices! So many great choices for certain types! And to think that we haven't even seen the entire Kalos 'dex yet... </3 ;_;*

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Don't forget the event Torchic!
And Torchic! So many! I really, really want Talonflame but I'm pretty sure I'll be getting Charmander as well so that'll be TWO Fire/Flying members of my team xD I hate that already but I think it's the way it'll have to be xD

I love Pyroar. I like the idea of Pokemon who look different depending on their gender. It helps you tell them apart and Pyroar's gender difference is really detailed and cool.