1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pokerus

Discussion in 'Pokémon Games Discussion' started by InTheForest, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Have you ever gotten Pokerus? So far I got it once from a wild Pokemon and now from a WonderTraded Swablu. I'm just kinda curious to see if this has happened to others: The Pokerus had spread to the Pokemon Egg given by the Hot-Springs lady. This is in Alpha Sapphire.

2. AzureEdge

AzureEdge ✧luzrov rulay✧

Well, tons of my Pokemon got Pokerus from a Wondertraded shiny Swablu, and it spread with all of my Pokemon like wildfire in X and Y. I feel like Pokerus makes a Pokemon a bit special, and useful stat-wise.
    I haven't gotten to the Hot-Springs yet, but I'll edit this post later, If I get Pokerus or not.

3. Weird coincide that we both got Pokerus from a WonderTraded Swablu. Thanks for your feed back.

4. My entire team somehow contracted it in Alpha Sapphire while I was training a Lunatone at Jagged Pass for the Lavaridge Gym (which ended up not being needed because my Seaking did the whole job with one move per Pokemon haha).

5. Rio1ink

Rio1ink Formerly Derpy Lucario

I got a pokerus charizard from a trade...

6. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant
    Staff Member Administrator

Last time I encountered the Pokérus was in Gen IV, specifically Diamond. I'm pretty sure it started with my Rotom - which I kept in PC stasis as some form of feedstock. Made EV training far less of a pain in the arse than it could have been, for sure.

I'm pretty sure that's the last time I ever got it in a game, though.

7. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

Someone here, i don't remember who, gave me my first Pokemon with Pokerus sometime last year. It has since spread to several Pokemon that I gladly keep in my PC for "just in case" stuff.

The first time I got it on accident happened in an Emerald ROM I was playing on. I don't remember who got it first, mostly because by the time I realized what happened everyone in the party was already infected. Heh ^^;

8. I remember first getting it here in Gen VI. I remember my Xerneas contracting it from a Weepinbell, and I've been spreading it amongst my boxes ever since. :)

[​IMG]

9. Green Dragon

Green Dragon Formerly supertrainer300

I wonder traded off a Slakoth I got earlier in OR,and got a Pokerus Eeevee. It didn't give Pokerus to anything though, so I wondertraded it off for an HA Poochyena.

10. @CreeperNinjaGamer You have to actually battle with the infected 'mon in your party in order for it to spread. Leaving it in the box or in your party won't spread it in the least, I'm afraid.

11. Green Dragon

Green Dragon Formerly supertrainer300

12. FalChromiforme

FalChromiforme Formerly Aurora Beam

got it off of a GTS Steelix, totally forgot until I realized all of my pokemon had pokerus. Naturally, I keep it inside of my "Infection" box, which is how all my pokemon were massively leveled up/overtrained at the E4

13. NocturnalNetwork

NocturnalNetwork Formerly LatiasMusic

Well, I just got a Pokérus Zangoose via Wonder Trade. I'm now infecting the Pokémon I'm training with it.

14. I got it by chance in Pokemon HeartGold... I was so happy. By the way, I'm new here.

15. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

My first encounter with Pokerus was in Silver. I freaked out because I thought it was some kind of virus so I turned off. Then I got it again at a later point in the game. Must have been fate. Come to think of it I got Pokerus in Crystal too. Didn't get it once in Gen III except by Action Replay because I wanted EV training for the Battle Frontier to go faster. Gen IV I only got it in SoulSilver via trade with a friend. Gen V I got it naturally in White and by trade in W2. Haven't seen it yet in Gen VI but I can always get it once I send a Sapphire native up through the generations to AS.

FalChromiforme likes this.
  16. i have many pokemon with pokerus but my first was in either b2 or y i cant remember really. the latest encounter with pokerus was in emerald and for some reason the time is stuck so the pokemon that originally got it gave it to a majority of my other pokemon

17. Psycho Monkey

Psycho Monkey Member of the Literary Elite Four

Most likely that's because your internal battery is dead. Pokerus naturally disappears after 2-3 days but since Gen III's internal battery was responsible for the flow of time, Pokerus can never fade once obtained since the 2-3 days will never pass.

theclownfish and FalChromiforme like this.
  18. I don`t remember very well but, i think i got a mareep or a cute pokemon with Pokerus in my pokemon X Y by wonder trade

19. To be honest, I don't even know which Pokemon I got it from, wasn't even aware that one of my Pokemon had gotten it (I think it was my Luxray or Purrbeauty or Liepard in my Cat Team) - it was until I got to the Pokemon Center that I learned that one of my felines had PokeRus.

20. I got it in Pearl version but don't remember how.

21. I've gotton Pokerus 3 times-- twice in Emerald from random encounters (they both coincidentally happened on Route 121, and were contracted by wild Glooms), and once in Diamond (it could've been Platinum, I don't remember) inside of Stark Mountain from a wild Magcargo