• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokerus

Have you ever gotten Pokerus? So far I got it once from a wild Pokemon and now from a WonderTraded Swablu. I'm just kinda curious to see if this has happened to others: The Pokerus had spread to the Pokemon Egg given by the Hot-Springs lady. This is in Alpha Sapphire.

AzureEdge

✧luzrov rulay✧
Well, tons of my Pokemon got Pokerus from a Wondertraded shiny Swablu, and it spread with all of my Pokemon like wildfire in X and Y. I feel like Pokerus makes a Pokemon a bit special, and useful stat-wise.
I haven't gotten to the Hot-Springs yet, but I'll edit this post later, If I get Pokerus or not.

My entire team somehow contracted it in Alpha Sapphire while I was training a Lunatone at Jagged Pass for the Lavaridge Gym (which ended up not being needed because my Seaking did the whole job with one move per Pokemon haha).

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Last time I encountered the Pokérus was in Gen IV, specifically Diamond. I'm pretty sure it started with my Rotom - which I kept in PC stasis as some form of feedstock. Made EV training far less of a pain in the arse than it could have been, for sure.

I'm pretty sure that's the last time I ever got it in a game, though.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Someone here, i don't remember who, gave me my first Pokemon with Pokerus sometime last year. It has since spread to several Pokemon that I gladly keep in my PC for "just in case" stuff.

The first time I got it on accident happened in an Emerald ROM I was playing on. I don't remember who got it first, mostly because by the time I realized what happened everyone in the party was already infected. Heh ^^;

I remember first getting it here in Gen VI. I remember my Xerneas contracting it from a Weepinbell, and I've been spreading it amongst my boxes ever since. :)

230px-Pok%C3%A9rus_Adventures.png

Green Dragon

Formerly supertrainer300
I wonder traded off a Slakoth I got earlier in OR,and got a Pokerus Eeevee. It didn't give Pokerus to anything though, so I wondertraded it off for an HA Poochyena.

FalChromiforme

Formerly Aurora Beam
got it off of a GTS Steelix, totally forgot until I realized all of my pokemon had pokerus. Naturally, I keep it inside of my "Infection" box, which is how all my pokemon were massively leveled up/overtrained at the E4

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
My first encounter with Pokerus was in Silver. I freaked out because I thought it was some kind of virus so I turned off. Then I got it again at a later point in the game. Must have been fate. Come to think of it I got Pokerus in Crystal too. Didn't get it once in Gen III except by Action Replay because I wanted EV training for the Battle Frontier to go faster. Gen IV I only got it in SoulSilver via trade with a friend. Gen V I got it naturally in White and by trade in W2. Haven't seen it yet in Gen VI but I can always get it once I send a Sapphire native up through the generations to AS.

i have many pokemon with pokerus but my first was in either b2 or y i cant remember really. the latest encounter with pokerus was in emerald and for some reason the time is stuck so the pokemon that originally got it gave it to a majority of my other pokemon

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
i have many pokemon with pokerus but my first was in either b2 or y i cant remember really. the latest encounter with pokerus was in emerald and for some reason the time is stuck so the pokemon that originally got it gave it to a majority of my other pokemon

Most likely that's because your internal battery is dead. Pokerus naturally disappears after 2-3 days but since Gen III's internal battery was responsible for the flow of time, Pokerus can never fade once obtained since the 2-3 days will never pass.

To be honest, I don't even know which Pokemon I got it from, wasn't even aware that one of my Pokemon had gotten it (I think it was my Luxray or Purrbeauty or Liepard in my Cat Team) - it was until I got to the Pokemon Center that I learned that one of my felines had PokeRus.

I've gotton Pokerus 3 times-- twice in Emerald from random encounters (they both coincidentally happened on Route 121, and were contracted by wild Glooms), and once in Diamond (it could've been Platinum, I don't remember) inside of Stark Mountain from a wild Magcargo