• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Worlds Academy (Reboot)

"Snag it midair!" Ariana yelled out to her Pokemon.

Houndoom jumped out towards Bones with the intention of biting the Pignite in the leg. At that moment, Houndoom's mouth lit on fire.

-------

Firey was waiting for a challenge, it wasn't easy to find one with his badge count. He waited with his hand on the pokeball.

D

Deleted member 284192

The Houndoom's teeth latched onto the Pignite's leg. Though it was a powerful attack, Boney managed to tank through it as he was also a fire type. Griff's tounge now stuck out as he was fully focused on the battle. He had originally planned for Boney to go for a Magnitude. Griff pushed his glasses up as he considered the attack as still a possible option. The trainer made up his mind and called out to his Pignite, "Bones, keep pushing for the Magnitude!"

Boney looked back to his trainer to confirm the next move. The Pokemon then spiraled in the air to change position as it began heading straight for the ground. The Pignite planned to slam its leg along with the Houndoom into the floor as to trigger it's Magnitude attack. Griff watched their Pokemon fall in front of him, hoping all would go to plan.

"Let go and spin!" Ariana commanded her Pokemon.

Houndoom let go and spun around to right itself as it landed not far off from Ariana.

"Be ready for when it lands, dodge anything and use Foul Play!" Ariana yelled.

D

Deleted member 284192

Once Boney reached the ground it slammed its leg against the ground, causing the Magnitude to begin, and hopefully making it harder for the Houndoom to reach him. Boney bounced from the kick and landed on his feet.

"Work Up Boney!" Griff shouted to his Pokemon. The Pignite had a much more intense look than it had ever showcased so far, as it clenched every muscle in its body. A flame-like energy began surrounding Boney, starting by its feet. Griff was sure that if he took the time to strengthen his Pokemon's moves, he'd be able to start racking up some real damage on the Houndoom.

Alfie let out a deep breath, as he could finally go and... hide away? He looked over at El, and saw her look slightly anxious. It was an expression that he knew all too well. He then immediately froze.
I should go over and talk to her, right...? But what if she doesn't want to-
Alfie slightly slapped himself, before walking over to El.
"S-So, where are you from?" He asked her.

Oh god, she probably thinks I'm some creep or something... where even is Phenac City?
Alfie started to panic, waving his hands in front of himself frantically.
"S-Sorry, no! I just wanted to- where is P-Phenac city?" He stumbled out

"Oh, you never heard of Phenac City? It's in the Orre region." She replied curiously. Eltisie had to calmly remember that Orre was so far away from many of the bigger regions and where she came from was just a little spec in the world in terms of impact on the outside world. "Well, I would say it's across the sea from Johto. I think that is the best way I could put it."

"Leap over the cracks, as you land the Foul Play, immediately use Fire Fang on the Pignite!"

Her Pokemon ran across, jumping over any cracks that they may have encountered, and fired a gold ring at The Fire and Fighting Type, as he lit his mouth on Fire, preparing to chomp down.

D

Deleted member 284192

"Get behind it and then Flamethrower!" Griff commanded. Boney rushed forward, pushing through the Foul Play only taking somewhat minor damage. The Pignite moved swiftly in a curved path around the Houndoom. Still moving, Boney shot a Flamethrower from its mouth at the Houndoom.

"Turn around while your mouth is still in Fire Fang and chomp on the Flamethrower!" Ariana yelled, hoping it would work.

Houndoom turned around with its mouth open and still lit, and chomped on the Flamethrower, making it go off to the sides of him.

"Now Sunny Day into SolarBeam!"

The field suddenly brightened from the Sunny Day, and then a beam of green energy went towards the Pignite.

Oh, ORRE. That's why I haven't heard of it.
Alfie looked slightly more relieved. "Ah, O-Orre! That's nice... w-what's it like?" he tried asking, trying to be friendly. Because if he was going to talk to someone, it better be in a friendly way, dammit!

Eltisie sighed as she seemed to loosen up and tighten at the same time. "The region is a desolate desert for the most part. There are grassy areas but they are few. Phenac City is one of the safest places in Orre thankfully. The amount of crime sadly in the region as a hole hasn't gone down. It's just upsetting..... " She goes silent for a few seconds. "...all gone................" She seemed to loosen up too much as she started to fall over.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff watched as the Houndoom chomped Boney's Flamethrower. It took on that Flamethrower like it didn't even take damage! ...Did it take Damage?

As Ariana called for her Pokemon to send out a Solar Beam Griff got nervous. We still have the type advantage, but I can't afford for Boney to keep tanking all of these attacks. His mind was made up. "Bones, another Flamethrower!" The Pignite stopped in its place and spat out more flames from its mouth. The blazing shot collided against the Solar Beam.

Last edited by a moderator:
El was completely unconscious. Lyli rushed over in a panic and got extremely angry at Alfie, starting to yell at him. Fuso grabbed Lyli and tried to hold her back.

The SolarBeam fought the Flamethrower, but she was already planning her next move.

"Get ready, fire another SolarBeam on this one!"

The Fire and Dark type fired a second SolarBeam a moment before the first one, fighting back towards the Flamethrower.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff knew Boney wouldn't be able to avoid the second Solar Beam. "Magnitude, quick!" The Pignite smashed it's foot to the ground, causing the Magnitude right as the beam blasted him. Boney slid backwards from the impact of the attack.

As second SolarBeam hit its mark, a Magnitude happened, to which Houndoom jumped to the side, causing a piece of the attack to clip the Pokemon.

"Crap, be ready," Ariana yelled, then whispered to her Pokemon, "wait for the next move then use Fire Fang.

D

Deleted member 284192

Though it took damage, Boney still stood after the Solar Beam. "Bones, you all right?" The Pignite faced its trainer and waved silently back. Even in the midst of a battle, the Pokemon was as mellow as ever. "Roger that."

At this moment in time Griff had realized Ben and that Hydreigon girl were watching his battle. He would have given it a second thought if he wasn't knee deep in a very tough and demanding battle.

Griff wiped the sweat off his brow and quickly drew his focus back into battle. "Bones, Focus." Boney stood still and shut it's eyes. soon enough, energy began to form around its clenched fist. The Pignite was preparing for Focus Punch.

Firey had turned to Ariana's battle, and noticed the Pignite's stance. His eyes widened in worry for his girlfriend and her Houndoom.

--------

Ariana looked at Pignite then Firey then back at the Pignite, then yelled, "Sunny Day then SolarBeam, Rapid Fire!"

Houndoom used Sunny Day, then started firing SolarBeam after SolarBeam, in hopes of breaking the Pignite's focus.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff saw Ariana was setting up for another Solar Beam and freaked. "Boney, move in, ASAP!" The energy finished forming around the Pignite's fist and it jolted off heading right for Houndoom. Boney saw the Solar Beam forming in front of him. it sent it's Focus Punch towards the Houndoom as fast as it could, desperate to out-speed it's opponent. Griff had know idea if his Pignite would land the hit. His heart raced as fast as the two Pokemon did.

"Change of Plan, spin around two and three quarters times before firing the second one, turn right before the three quarters turn!" Ariana yelled out.

Her Houndoom did just that, and fired the SolarBeam so that it would hit from the side of the Pignite.

D

Deleted member 284192

Boney swung it's Focus Punch and was then immediately blasted with the Solar Beams. The attacks sent the Pignite rolling across the ground. It layed by Griff's feet. He squatted down to poke his Pokemon. "Well that's game over for us" Griff stated once he confirmed Boney was fainted. He looked over to Ariana and her Houndoom.But what about them?

Houndoom had landed the SolarBeam, but at that moment, was slammed by the Focus Punch, sending him flying to Ariana's feet knocked out.

"Well, it looks like a tie, That Focus Punch got Houndoom here too." Ariana kneeled down to her Pokemon, confirming that he was indeed knocked out.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
"Ooh." Tempest cringed when the Pignite was struck down by the Solar Beams at the same time the Houndoom was hit with the Focus Punch. Thunder seemed to shudder. Well, as much as a gigantic draconic Pokemon with three heads can shudder. "That had to hurt. Hey, Ben, we're not the only tie." A lopsided grin made its way onto her face. "I still think our battle was cooler, though."

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff's confusion faded and a small smirk appeared on his face. He launched into the air with excitement. "Did you hear that Bones? We're not complete failures! We tied!" He looked back down to the Pignite who was out of HP and catching sleep. "Right, you're fainted." The boy dropped a Pokeball which bounced from the Pokemon's back and opened up to engulf Boney.

Griff pushed his glasses back up and pointed at Ariana. "Where did you acquire such strength?! I was struggling so hard over here!!"

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben was extremely focused on the battle, until he saw that both pokemon have been knocked out. He realized he had been holding his breath, exhaled, then whooped "Not bad dude!".
Ben ran over to Griff and slapped him on the back "You tied, but that was great anyway. Guess this means I won't have to pretend I don't know you in public." he joked. He then turned to Tempest "Hell yeah it was. No offense Griff, but that battle was insane." he seemed to consider something. "I wonder how they'll fix the floor though."

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Tempest snorted. "What floor? All I see are splinters. I sure hope they cover expenses; I am quite literally broke. Almost as broke as the floor. Or lack thereof." She turned to Griff. "A-a-a-a-anyways. That was a cool battle. Lots of fire, and explosions, and all that good stuff." She mimed an explosion with her hands, complete with sound effects. "Kablooey. Ours was more rocks falling from the sky, and all that. Yeah." She trailed off into a random series of nods, seemingly lost in thought.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff jumped from Ben's sudden back slap. He whipped around to face his friend. "Shoot! Hey, leave the attacking to the Pokemon. I already have to visit Pokemon Centers enough as it is." He turned to Tempest. "That's what all that noise was."

"I trained my Houndoom with my boyfriend, facing his Blaziken, his Blaziken knew Focus blast, a fighting type similar in power to Focus Punch." Ariana explained, "The SolarBeam technique I used took out his Golurk on a couple occasions."

Ariana returned her Houndoom as Firey walked up to them, "I was impressed with your Pignite, I haven't seen too many Pokemon keep up with Houndoom after my training course."

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben scratched the back of his head, looking apologetic. "Sorry, I guess I'm still a little hyped up from all the...everything that's been happening here. It all so exciting. I'm pretty sure even Lucario is excited." the aura pokemon pointedly shrugged.
"Anyway, I guess if they thought that animals with powers couldn't damage this floor at all, I could pay. Maybe. ....Traveling and battling trainers isn't exactly a well-paid hobby, even if your main pokemon makes anyone with a rattata cry and pay up. True story." he stopped talking as he saw the houndoom trainer walk up. He was about to greet her until he noticed a boy holding up an unconscious girl while some pokemon looked less than pleased.
"Oh geez." he muttered worriedly as he ran over. 'Hey! Is she okay?" he asked in a louder voice.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff looked back at Ariana. "I've never seen a Pokemon like Houndoom use a move like Solar Beam. It caught me off guard. Guess I'm just thankful I chose a fire type." Remembering he hadn't properly thanked the girl for the battle, he awkwardly whipped his hand out for a shake. "Thanks for the battle though."

Ariana returned the Handshake, and said, "You too, and you luckily didn't manage to trigger his ability."

Firey wrapped an arm around her waist, and congratulated her on the tie, and Griff as well.

"I'm impressed with the fact your Pignite knows Focus Punch," Firey explained, "At some point, after we walk to the Pokemon Center, we should battle."

People started looking at the both of them. Alfie started nervously sweating. And on top of that, a suspiciously aggressive Delibird came over and started squawking angrily at him. He really couldn't deal with all this attention. He released Spirit, the Haunter floating around his head cackling gleefully, who could definitely handle the weight of El more than he could.
"Spirit, take her please." Alfie silently said to Spirit. She giggled, and took her body in her hands. Alfie then quickly hurried out of the gymnasium to find the infirmary, the Delibird angrily squawking again and following him.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff looked up towards this other guy who seemed interested in a battle. "Uh, yeah sure" Griff said as he simultaneously thought This must be that boyfriend she mentioned... He wants to battle me? But I hardly survived this battle with Ariana. I'm doomed if I'm expected to take on this guy!

Griff quickly looked over to see where Ben ran off to in hopes of switching the focus over to something else. He saw that there was some situation going on over there with another two trainers. "Hey, what's going on over there? Maybe we should check. We should definitely check. Let's check." Griff spoke in a hyper manner as he began walking over.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben slowed down as the boy hurried away. "Oh..." he considered following but decided against it. He probably had everything under control.
Ben walked back to the group "Wonder what that was all about." he saw Griff following him "Dunno what happened, but I think it's under control." he explained "Oh yeah, now that everyone is done, what do we do now?" he realized.

"It wouldn't be today, Griff," Firey continued, "besides, I actually think Your Pignite might have a Chance against Golurk."

Firey's pokeball in his other hand opened, revealing a very large and powerful looking Volcarona.

"Volcarona, stand down." Firey ordered his Pokemon.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben's eyes flashed at Fiery's comment "You have a golurk too?! Y'know, if Griff isn't up for it, I'd be happy for a battle later."
Lucario stood quietly, staring at the volcarona, sizing it up as it normally did whenever a new face neared his trainer.
To be honest, Ben wasn't sure if he was ready for this. Tempest and her hydreigon were kind of a wake-up call to him that there were genuinely powerful trainers around. Everyone here wasn't here for nothing.
Ah well. There's no way to get better at something other than to face that thing straight into its metaphorical eyes.

Last edited:
After navigating the halls, Alfie finally reached the infirmary. He walked into a clean, egg-white coloured room, with medical stretchers and beds inside. A pink-haired man looked over at him, and saw El in Spirit's hands.
"Set her down here," The man said. Alfie assumed he was the nurse. "Now, what seems to be the matter?" He calmly asked.
Alfie started stuttering "U-uh, I d-don't really know... she just fell over in the gymnasium..." He said to the nurse.
"Can you give me her name?" The nurse said, turning to his table side, where he turned on a computer.
"E-El. Sorry, I don't know her last name." Alfie apologetically said to him.
"That's fine. Luckily she has quite a unique name, so... there. Eltisie Roirlai." The nurse said, before turning to El. "She should be fine, and seems to be recovering now. Let's just wait for her to wake up."