• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Worlds Academy (Reboot)

"Thank you," Ariana responded, picking up her Pokemon.

They walked towards the gym, and found a teacher and an Alakazam, finishing up with a boy and a Pignite.

"Name?" The teacher asked monotonously.

"Firey Argentston." Firey responded.

"Go to the upper right hand corner of the Gym, in Group A." The teacher responded.

"See you later." Firey whispered, giving Ariana a peck on her lips before he went to where group A was assigned.

Ariana blushed, and then waited for the teacher.

"My name is Ariana Montgomery, and one thing, please don't reveal his badge count, it will scare the other students."

"Understood, you will be in group C, head over with the boy and the Pignite."

Ariana went towards the group C area, Mudkip was on her shoulder.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben nooced the bored looking teacher and walked up.
"Excuse me. Do you-" he started
"Name." interrupted the teacher.
"O-Oh. Um, Ben" Ben stuttered
The teacher sighed "FULL name" putting emphasis on the "full"
Ben stood silently for a bit before responding "Just....Ben"
The teacher sighed "Listen kid, you need to tell me your full name or-" the teacher paused "Wait, you're the no last name kid. Whatever, you go to group A"
Ben bowed apologetically "Thank you, and I'm sorry of the inconvenience." he walked over to the group.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Tempest, a bit wary of the students and the mess they were making of fairly simple instructions, hung back while everyone crowded through the funnel that was the school hall’s doors. Once the hubbub had somewhat died down, she steered Thunder to the doors and shot through with inches to spare, both above and below. Traffic was not an issue, due to Thunder’s Levitate ability.

Upon reaching the gymnasium, she dismounted in front of the teacher. Before the teacher could ask, Tempest spoke. “Tempest Garcia,” she said shortly.

“Garcia, Garcia... ah, there you are. Group A.” Tempest rolled her eyes and remounted Thunder before hurtling towards Group A and dismounting smoothly. She took a quick glance at her belt; hopefully her six badges would serve her well.

Of course, the badges weren’t an accurate measure of her strength; her Hydreigon was.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Turns out he didn't have to wait long.
A girl was flying on a hydreigon before dismounting and landing.
Lucario was, as usual, tense and on guard. Especially now that a vicious pokemon like hydreigon was around.
Ben ignored his rigidness went over to greet the girl.
"Hi, my name is Ben. I guess we'll be in this group A huh? Who might you be?" he said with a friendly grin

Sasha finaly got to the school after a rough trip in the skies. Sasha already had 19 badges from both kalos and unova but he still needed more training to help out his dojo. He was loosing his suprise inbattle and needed some better tactics and more ideas.
I'll pick up some things from these students, and then I'll be even better! Sasha thought.
He landed infront of the grandeur of the school and looked in amazement at all of the archetecture. It looked amazing!!!
"Alright swoobat come on back." Sasha commanded.
Sasha was special, one reason was that he kept 12 pokemon on him at all times, a main team, and a backup team. "Always prepare for all typing combos" Sasha always said.
Ofcoure though he never cared to study the school map so he had no idea where to go.
"Well I guess I should go inside to register...wherever that is." Sasha decided.
He opened the front doors and walked inside.

=Nightshade=

“Tempest.” She shook his outstretched hand. “This is Thunder.” Noticing the stiff wariness of the boy’s Lucario, she smiled sardonically. It didn’t look sincere, but that was as close as she could get to a sincere smile; the mocking simpers she occasionally gave out were not even close. “Don’t worry, he only bites on days that end in ‘Y’.” The Hydreigon made a chuffing sound that could have been laughter; Tempest knew her Pokémon well enough to tell that was what it was.

Last edited:

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben laughed weakly at the joke, it was good, but the way she said it and her odd smile made it seem like a joke and a threat at once.
Ben removed the thought from his mind, it wasn't a threat.
Probably.

He smiled, more genuine this time "Good one. I'm sorry about Lucario, he can be pretty protective of me and our last encounter with a hydreigon wasn't exactly pleasant."
He turned to face Lucario, making a motion to stand down. The aura pokemon relaxed slightly, walked to Ben's side, and looked at the Hydreigon, mumbling a small greeting in his species language as a weak attempt to make friends.

=Nightshade=

Tempest nodded thoughtfully at Ben’s reasoning for why the Lucario was so uptight. Thunder, being the strange Pokémon he was, responded to the Lucario’s greeting by simultaneously roaring, smiling, and ignoring it with each of its different heads.

Well, Lightning is always grumpy and Cloud always gives the cold shoulder, so if Thunder likes them, that’s good enough for me. Tempest’s smile softened slightly at Thunder’s display of what would be considered affection. “Wonder what we’re gonna be doing.”

(OOC: Lightning and Cloud are the other two heads of Thunder.)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 284192

Griff placed himself in a squat as he scratched at the ground, waiting for his opponent. Boney stood over him staring straight towards the wall of the gymnasium. Griff looked over to group A to see Ben who must have been paired with the girl and her Hydreigon who nearly rammed into them earlier in the halls. Griff considered waving at the two but figured they probably wouldn't see him. Boney nudged Griff to get his attention. He looked where his Pignite was looking and saw a girl with a Mudkip on her shoulder, heading over to where he was. Griff stood up to greet who he assumed was his opponent.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Hearing the question, Ben started to rewind the old man's orders in his head.
He snapped his fingers as he remembered.
"That's right! We're here to battle to determine our..." the realization started to sink in "...placements."
He glanced at the big dragon "Does that mean you and me battle?" he asked the girl, a little cowed.

El sat in the corner with her four Pokemon waiting for whatever is happening to begin. Sorn casually was laying down while Fuso was trying to talk to him. Lyli stood very close to El on constant guard, staring everyone down.
"You don't have to be so tense Lyli, it's fine" El calmly said as she pet her head. The tension in the room though she could see was building as more and more people wanted to battle. She saw in Group A a Hydreigon who was ready to attack at a moments notice and in Group D two people yelling at each other. The receptionist lady still has a massive line of people at her desk and her Alakazam almost falling asleep.

Last edited:
Firey walked up to Group A, and waved at them.

"Hi, I'm Firey Argentston," Firey had a hand on a red pokeball with a blue star.

He prepared for anything. One of his pokeballs opened revealing his Blaziken.

-------

Ariana noticed a boy and Pignite.

"Hi, I'm Ariana Montgomery," Ariana was really trying to hide behind Mudkip, when a pokeball opened. Her Houndoom had popped out and was growling at the boy.

"Cut it out." Ariana called to her Pokemon, "Sorry about him, he's my first Pokemon, highly protective of me."

D

Deleted member 284192

"Nice meeting you. I'm Griff." He put out his hand to shake. When the Houndoom appeared in front of them, both Griff and his Pignite put there hands up as if they were being held at gunpoint. "It's fine. I've dealt with a Pokemon or two who can act quite the same." Griff immediately thought to his Herdier who was in it's Pokeball right then. That Houndoom does look seriously scary. Fingers crossed I don't have to battle it.

Fuso sees the Houndoom being extremely aggressive and runs over there as fast as possible. He stares straight at the Houndoom with as fierce eyes as you can get with a Mawile. "MAW MAW!" yelled Fuso trying to get the Houndoom to back off.
El soon realizes Fuso ran away again only to see him at group A causing more trouble. "....I swear Fuso.." She gets up and slowly walks over to Group A with Sorn and Lyli following.

Last edited:
Alfie stood at the back awkwardly staring into space, listening to other people talk. He always could know so much more if he just stayed quiet, as people forgot he was there.
"...I hear we're going to be battling against other groups..." A flicker of conversation darted into Alfie's ear.
"...maybe Battle Royale style.." Another.

The loudspeakers turned back on again with a loud crackle. Many people winced at the sound. Acacia's voice boomed through the speakers again.
"Welcome to the battling test. This is a chance to really let loose with your Pokemon and have some fun! But do remember to go all out. First of all, there will be a Single-Battle format. However, you may only use one of your Pokemon. Both Trainers must release at the same time. Find someone in your group, and please inform a teacher before you start battling." He said.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben sighed "Yep, it's a battle"
He turned to the girl "I guess you and me are going to battle, uh..." he couldn't remember her name " I'm sorry, could I just call you Dragon Queen? I'm horrible with names."
Lucario tapped him on the shoulder, causing Ben to laugh and turn "I know, I know, I'll let you battle, don't worry. Geez, it's not even the end of the first day and you want to fight. I thought you were a just pokemon." the pokemon's previously excited face soured.
"I kid, I kid." he said softly "You don't have to be so serious all the time y'know"
He faced the girl again "I hope you don't hold back, Lucario hates people going easy on him."
Despite his initial fear of Hydreigon, Lucario's excitement seemed to reassure him, now he sounded pumped.

@Night's Shadow

Last edited:
Sasha walked inside and was instantly flooded with noise. Almost everyone was talking and there was a massive line infront of the registering desk. The clerk looked flustered for all of the people she had to see. Sasha didn't know where to start so he jumped in line and waited as the line slowly inched forward.

When it was finally his turn, Sasha walked up to the clerk and turned in his question sheet. It was a bit challenging, and he actually learned something for once. But it was still obnoxtiously easy over all. He recieved his papers, a map and a key for his dorm.
"Room 84 on Giratina Hall, that's to the right hall when you walk into the main court." The clerk said in a rush.
"Thank you" Sasha replied.
He went through the doors into the main court and was flooded with the people bustling around. He saw all types of pokemon and even a Hydreigon that he saw in one of the halls.
Ok so to the right is where I need to go
Sasha saw the hallway and started walking down, looking at the map and glancing at the dorm numbers as he dodged the people and pokemon congesting the path. "Ok, here is room 84" Sasha said as he opened the door. He noticed the size and didn't quite appreciate how small it was. He was used to his big room at home, but still it was a decent size. His eyes landed on the bed and saw that there was a bunk bed.
I HAVE A ROOM MATE!!! NO ONE TOLD ME THAT!!!!
Many people looked over at Sasha like he was crazy. He must have done that thing he always does when he has strong thoughs: Talk out loud.
He closed the door and started decided to start unpacking. But there was nothing to unpack. He forgot his stuff.
"OF COURSE I FORGOT!" Sasha shouted.
He ran back out shouting to the clerk, "I'll be right back I need to get my stuff."
He busted though the crowds, burst though the double doors at the entrance, threw out his pokeball to let swoobat out, grabbed the pokeball while jumping on swoobat and commanded. "FLY ME HOME we need to get our stuff that we forgot, full speed!!!!"
With one motion, Swoobat lifted off into the air and was flying at a startling speed as they hurtled into the clouds, watching as the crowd of people watching him grew smaller and smaller until they dissapeared when he went into the clouds.

Alfie looked around somewhat panickedly.
What? I have to find someone to... battle with?!
He was incredibly anxious about it all. What if the other person was so strong that they almost instantly defeated him? What would happen then? Would he get kicked out?
Of course, everyone here probably got into the school for real because they're amazing. I'm just a cheat. I'm going to be found out and mocked because I only have three badges...
He continued rapidly fretting, biting his fingernails as he looked around for someone who wasn't very intimidating. His gaze landed on another girl in his group, who had green hair, and was... tall.
Well, here goes...
Alfie gulped down a mouthful of saliva before heading in her direction.

El managed to grab Fuso and pull him back before she got hurt by the super aggressive Houndoom.
"Please don't do that again Fuso." El said seriously.
She then realized someone was heading her way. Sorn and Lyli stopped behind her as she turned around. Oh no...please don't tell me we have to battle. Ok El, focus.
"Um, hello?" She said nervously.

Oh god, she's looking my way!
Alfie suddenly felt sweat beads form, as she greeted him.
"U-uh, hi!" he smiled awkwardly, "I...I guess we should battle, huh?"
He put his hands on his waist.

"Oh yeah... sure. I just gotta make sure everyone is here......"
El immediately notices Wuol is missing. Oh no... um... Wuol will show up...I hope.
She gets into a battle ready stance. She pulls out her Pokeballs and has everyone go back into them except for Wuol as they're too far away.
"Yeah, I'm ready when you are. Are you?"

"Y-Yeah! Definitely!" Alfie put on a confident expression as he almost died internally.
Be confident. You've got this! He told himself over and over inside his head. He put his hands on his Pokémon for this battle.
"Go, Drizzle!" yelled Alfie as he hurled out one of his Pokéballs. In a flash of light, his mighty Kingdra appeared, tossing his head back royally, awaiting instructions.

El looked at the mighty Kingdra nervously. I got this, breathe El. She took out her first Pokeball only for Wuol to move from the ceiling all the way down the wall and into the floor coming up right behind the Kingdra. Well at least I know where Wuol is now.
"Wuol, do you want to do this?" El asked Wuol cautiously.
The Unown looked at her and looked back at the Kingdra. She then smiled calmly and took a very natural but loose breath.
"Wuol! Hidden Power!"

=Nightshade=

Tempest scoffed. “Me? Go easy? As if.” She sprang backwards into a battle crouch. “Let’s get this show on the road. Start things off with a bang, Thunder! Use Draco Meteor!” The Hydreigon shot upwards, and huge boulders began to fall from the sky. Tempest laughed maniacally. “Haha! Sure hope the school pays for damage expenses!”

D

Deleted member 284192

When all was settled Griff drew his attention back to Ariana. He suddenly pulled a Pokeball out from his pocket. "Alright, You up for a battle?" he asked the girl. Griff really couldn't tell the skill level of the Ariana. Her Houndoom looked pretty fierce and yet he didn't see the Mudkip to be much of a threat. Of course, Griff knew better than to judge a Pokemon based on whether they're fully evolved or not.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben was both exhilarated and terrified.
She's serious, he thought, Lucario may be able to have some fun
She also might be insane
said the logical part of his mind.
Anyway.."Alright Lucario, use Bone pogo!"
Despite the silly name, Lucario stoically took out a blue glowing bone the size of itself, and jumped straight onto the meteors, pogoing with the bone off the meteors to avoid touching them directly. At the maximum height Ben yelled another order "Aura sphere, the, meteor mash!"
The aura pokemon charged, then sent a large ball of aura homing on the opponent, and followed it with a steel-hard fist.

=Nightshade=

Tempest’s forearm came up to protect her face from the hail of boulders the size of her whole body, leaping from side to side to avoid the falling rocks. A slightly insane grin found its way onto her face as her hair whipped around her. She squinted into the light of where the two Pokémon were clashing. “Counter with Fire Blast!” she commanded, ever the tactician. The trajectory of the Lucario’s Aura Sphere should take it directly into the line of fire... hopefully. The fierce heat and light of the roaring flames blinded Tempest for a second, and she squinted harder, trying to make out the shadowy figures of the battling Pokémon.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben heard the Fire blast order and grinned. The aura sphere should cancel out the aura sphere and let Lucario have a free hit....hopefully.
He clearly underestimated her power.
The fire blast certainly did cancel out the attack...and more.
The explosion from the two moves took Lucario completely off course, causing him to crash into the floor with his arm halfway through, right beside hydreigon
Oh crap.
Quickly, Ben tried to resolve his mistake. "Aura sphere!"
Lucario's buried arm began to glow, he was going to blast himself out. It will hurt him, but hopefully the blast radius would damage the hydreigon as well.

=Nightshade=

Tempest narrowed her eyes. She wasn’t going to underestimate her opponent. He evidently knew what he was doing; it was merely the brute force of Thunder’s Fire Blast that had set him back a notch. She frowned, hearing the Aura Sphere command, but not seeing any visible light. She shrugged.

“Thunder, hit him while he’s down! Dark Pulse!” The Dark Pulse struck the ground where the Lucario had been a moment before; Tempest stumbled back a half-step as the Lucario propelled himself into the air with an Aura Sphere. The shock wave threw her over, and she caught herself on her hands and flipped back to her feet. Thunder had taken damage as well, but hopefully not enough to be detrimental.

So that’s where the Aura Sphere was,
she thought wryly. She couldn’t stop an adrenaline-soaked grin from spreading across her face. This kid’s good! But she was determined to win. “Now! Dark Pulse again!” Dark energy gathered around the Hydreigon’s mouth and fired in quick, even increments down at the Lucario.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
The blast from the aura sphere nearly toppled Ben over, but his opponent just did a handstand like it was nothing
Damn, I'm gonna have to ask here how to move like that-
"Dark pulse?!" Ben sounded surprised. Was there a bigger plan here? Was she underestimating him? Anyway, he wasn't going a chance like this pass.
"Bust through and use meteor mash!" he ordered.
Lucario ran toward the hydreigon- no- the dark pulse. He crashed through the move, his 4x resistance allowing him to power on. He used his left arm to protect him from the attack, and the other hardening into steel. What's more, he seemed to be absorbing the energy from the move.
Justified
"Hit'em hard and hit'em fast!" Ben yelled, eyes flashing with excitement. Lucario had a smirk on his usually focused face as he sent sidestepped out of the attack and launched his max-strength fist to hydreigon.

"D-Drizzle, take the hit and use Rain Dance!" Alfie commanded, his nerves starting to settle, and becoming more confident when he was battling.
Right, this should help us determine the type of the hidden power.
Drizzle spurted out a ball of water into the air, which suddenly started spraying loads and loads of water droplets all over the field. Alfie could see that Drizzle also glowed slightly red due to his Swift Swim ability activating, doubling his speed.

El had a little smug smirk on her face. The power of Hidden Power seemed to drop to almost none right before Drizzle got hit.
I got you now. Hopefully Wuol can take whatever he is scheming though.
Wuol reentered the floor as a hieroglyph and ran circles around the Kingdra with bursts of energy going surrounding the thing. El closed her eyes calmly as the power of the ring of Hidden Power seemed to increase in a Blue and Pink aura. The pink being monstrous and mighty and the pink being petite but deadly.
"Now" El calmly said as the ring quickly started to collapse on Drizzle.

Sasha spent the rest of the day in his room. Both his Swoobat and himself were exhausted from the trips too, and back from home again.
He layed on his bed looking up to the celing, he took the top bunk becasue well...who doesn't like top bunk. He heard a knock on the door, got up and opened it up. A clerk was outside. "Sasha Yamoto is it? You still have to do your battle test."
"There's a battle test? Well I never knew that." Sasha replied suprised.
"Just head to the main hall and all of the noise should give you the ability to find the battlegrounds." The clerk replied.
She then left, going down the hall to check if anyone else wasn't at the fields. Sasha headed out to the battlefields where many pokemon were battling and someone would battle him for the first time at this school.

=Nightshade=

Tempest grinned, flipping her hair out of her face. She had nothing to be happy about, of course; she had forgotten that some Lucario have the ability Justified. Stupid. But the rush of battle set her adrenaline pumping and the serotonin rushing to her brain. Now she had to think of a way to counter the Meteor Mash coming her way... and think of it fast. She shouted the first move that came to mind. “Fire Blast, let’s go!”

Despite the raw power of the move, it was last-second, and did not have time to charge up. As a result, Thunder still took significant damage, and was thrown backwards through the air, whereas the Lucario was unharmed.

Of course, significant damage led only to significant rage. Undeterred in the least by its lowered HP, Thunder screeched in fury and headed in for another Draco Meteor. Tempest braced herself against the wind and held firm, infusing all her thoughts with belief in her Pokémon.

You... can... do it!

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben felt a little nervous over how they both looked completely unfazed by the hit. He needed to take them down before they try something.
It was time to show them what their made of. "Dodge, and retaliate with copycat"

Lucario nodded and as he danced away from as many meteors and he could. Due to the sheer number, Lucario could not dodge all of them, but Ben hoped his steel typing would allow him to at least tank some hits.
I've got the type advantage, but that doesn't mean anything. Sometimes it's better to take advantage of what someone else has.
Once the meteors stopped, a bruised but serious Lucario shot a ball into the sky, which exploded into more meteors toward hydreigon. The powerful attack tired Lucario, but Ben had to keep the pressure up. "Make sure it doesn't dodge, use aura sphere."
Lucario took a deep breath, sending a expertly shot ball of light toward the hydreigon.
With the meteors above and the aura sphere below, Hydreigon would have to focus on one. He couldn't eliminate them both unharmed.
....Right?

=Nightshade=

Time seemed to slow for Tempest. Meteors fell slowly from the sky, and the Aura Sphere advanced sluggishly from below. Thunder’s six wings beat in tandem slow motion. Her mind raced. Solution, solution... Hydreigon wasn’t the fastest Pokémon, but its brute strength and large size made it a formidable opponent. She would just have to utilize that. She took a deep breath and closed her eyes.

Feel the wind currents... feel the connection, the movements... Tempest was being buffeted on all sides from the wind, and the ground trembled with the impacts of a few dozen boulders. But still she stood, eyes closed, still as a Stanler struck with headlights. Eyes flew open, twin blazes of silver and blue.

The Aura Sphere would do more damage; Lucario was the target. Better to be hit with a Draco Meteor than the Aura Sphere. Thunder could dodge most of the boulders. “Fire Blast, one more time!” she called, voice cracking slightly. The Hydreigon shot downwards, pursued by relentless falling rocks, opened his mouth, and powered through the Aura Sphere behind a shield of flame. Boulders pummeled the air around Thunder, making contact on his head and body, but he pushed through even with severely reduced HP. Tempest felt a pang of pride.

Thunder was nothing if not tenacious.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben had to give it to her, she's got guts. And strategy. And skill....
Yeesh, I might be in trouble...
Ben pointed at the hydreigon, hurtling toward Lucario. He would have to have no mercy toward anyone at this point. Jumping in the air would allow for the hydreigon to show it's aerial prowess, and dodging could very well be predicted. He needed to jump straight in.
" Bone rush!" He commanded, pleading that the attack would at lease be weakened
Lucario summoned his bone and prepared. As the hydreigon neared, Lucario held it like a baseball bat, rearing up and swinging it toward the fire-coated dragon. Lucario grunted as their attacks collided, and kept clashing. Ben knew that his attack would not have lasted a second if it wasn't for justified. Thanks to it, Lucario was holding fast. He doubted it, but he hoped it would be enough to keep the hydreigon at bay.
"A justified a day keeps the dark types away" he muttered under his breath.

=Nightshade=

Tempest’s gaze was hard and unwavering, the light of battle dancing in the different-colored irises as she observed the clash. Lightning and Cloud were snapping at the Lucario over the bone, and Thunder strained against the energy. The Lucario was also having a hard time. It seemed they were evenly matched. If Thunder kept pressing the attack, there was a high probability that the Fire Blast would get through, but it was an impossibility that it would end the match. And with such low HP, no matter Thunder’s tenacity, there was a very low likelihood of success.

So Tempest did the unexpected.

“Keeps a Dark-type away, sure,” Tempest said, grinning. She whistled sharply, sounding like a hawk’s cry, and Thunder pulled away abruptly, landing on the ground in a Roost. “How does it do with Flying?”

The HP regained would hopefully give Thunder the edge he needed to win this battle.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben smirked "Oh, well, I suppose...." he laughed "If you can't beat'em, join'em."
"Copycaaaat" he said in a sing-song voice
I think her insanity is rubbing off on me he lamented mentally.
Lucario got down on one knee to rest, regaining HP along with hydreigon.
Ben briefly wondered how a non flying/levitating pokemon could use the move, copycat or no, but he shrugged it off.
Leave it to the pokebiologists.