• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon Worlds Academy (Reboot)

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Tempest shifted her weight, eyes narrowing. Now that she thought about it, this was the perfect opportunity. As the Lucario copied the move, Thunder was just finishing it. The Lucario was left vulnerable. “Now, Thunder! Use Fire Blast again!” Since Dark Pulse was rendered useless by the Lucario’s ability and Roost was a health recovery move, that left Fire Blast and Draco Meteor. Fire Blast had the type advantage, so that was what she’d use.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Gah!" Ben freaked "Dodge it!"
Lucario noticed the attack and cut his recovery short, jumping out of the way.
Not fast enough.
Lucario was sent flying, landing on the floor. He got up weakly. Ben was worried, that roost kept lucario from fainting, but now he was weaker than before.
Ben started bouncing on the balls of his feet, nervous. "Aura sphere!"
Lucario charged the ball of aura , and sent it at hydreigon. Ben knew she could easily counter the attack, but he could capitalize on whatever she chooses.

=Nightshade=

Thunder dodged fairly easily; the HP he’d recovered made a visible difference in his fighting ability. But Tempest knew better than to get cocky or expect another opening. She hung back, unsure; there was a high possibility that the Lucario would just use Copycat on whatever move she sent his way. The logical thing to do was to make the battlefield itself a dangerous place.

“Draco Meteor.”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Seeing the meteors fall, Ben already had his plan in motion.
"Use meteor mash to send them back!" he ordered
Lucario nodded and smacked his fists against each other, making a sound not unlike two swords clashing, and punched a meteor, cracking it before sending at his opponent. Lucario was putting his maximum effort, actually placing himself in front of every meteor coming at his general direction and hitting it back.
Ben decided he wasn't done yet, "Now attack the hydreigon!"
Returning the last of the meteors , Lucario followed behind it. Hydreigon could not see him but by sensing it's aura Lucario could basically see it behind the meteor.
He was going to punch the living daylights out of that cursed dragon.

=Nightshade=

“Ack!” Ginormous rocks flew by over Tempest’s head. Her hair was a tangled mess, and the Lucario was on a three-way crash course with Thunder and a meteor. The difference was that the Lucario was prepared. Thunder wasn’t, and neither was Tempest. “Evasive maneuvers, Thunder!” she called, thrown off-guard by this turn of events. “When it gets close, counter with Fire Blast!”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Keep bone rush ready!" Ben commanded. Whoever lands the hit first would change the tide of the battle. And Ben quite liked having the advantage.
Lucario's right hand went limp, losing it's stiff metal texture. His left hand, however, kept it's steel strength. His fingers curled over air, which was then replaced by a glowing bone staff. Ground for that pesky fire move, and steel for any wayward dragon meteors. With the justified boost, these were sure to cause some damage.
He didn't want to sound cocky, but this hydreigon better watch out.

=Nightshade=

A slight smirk tweaked the side of Tempest’s mouth. She had a plan. Not a very good one, but a gutsy one that would pay off if it worked. “Now.” One arm raised upwards as she spoke. The word was barely a whisper, but somehow the Hydreigon caught it, and with the combination of her hand signal, somehow knew what to do.

Fire Blast charged and ready, Thunder hurtled downwards towards the Lucario. But at the last second, he turned and veered away. When he was next to Tempest, he let the constrained power fly out in a torrent... onto the ground under the Lucario. The fire leaped and crackled hungrily upwards, ever upwards, yearning to finish the fight. Thunder kept the Fire Blast steady, and the flickering light set Tempest’s eyes ablaze and turned her red-gold hair to flame. With the wind and the smoke gusting around them, it was quite the spectacle.

“Let’s do this, and do this right!”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Seeing her smile, Ben felt his confidence disappear
Whu-oh
So now there's a fire underneath Lucario which will most likely knock him out, and now he had to figure out what to do.
Well, here goes.
He was grasping at straws "Aura sphere! Full strength now!"
Lucario understood, charging an aura sphere will every ounce on energy he had. With a howl, he sent the gigantic ball of aura homing in to the hydreigon.
This was completely unplanned. Ben hoped that the attack would deter hydreigon from its own attack, cancelling the fire. But if not, it'll get hit by the attack, knocking it out as well.
Is they had to tie, so be it.

=Nightshade=

Tempest’s impeccable last-minute calculations unfortunately didn’t prepare her for a full-strength Aura Sphere heading her way. Her opponent was staking everything on this attack, and she had to admit to herself that his reasoning was solid. Of course, she didn’t have time to go through all these thoughts in the time the Aura Sphere took to reach Thunder, so she let her reflexes have free reign.

“Keep up the attack, Thunder.” She knew she was setting herself up for a loss, but hopefully as the flames leaped higher, the Lucario would also be knocked out.

When the Aura Sphere collided with the Hydreigon’s flames, a huge plume of smoke was thrown up. Tempest coughed on the smog and peered through the dim, fearing the worst. Thunder had been rendered unable to battle. The only question was, had the Lucario?

Alfie's eyes closed slightly.
"Create a wall of ice using Ice Beam and Surf, then Surf to attack and break the wall!" He commanded, hoping that the command would protect against whatever strange attack that Unown was planning right now. Unusual. He didn't know that Hidden Power could be used like this, though typically he also didn't battle Unown.

The ice wall broke Hidden Power only to have a giant purple and pink arrow flying straight above the Kingdra which slammed straight down.
Nice Wuol! I just have to hope he doesn't have anything else up his sleeve.
Wuol immediately stopped circling around the Kingdra and came out of the floor.
"Your ice beam is nice. The problem is you were too focused around you, not above. That arrow is an amazing feat of Hidden Power, a combination of Kingdra's two weaknesses. Fairy and Dragon." El explained.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As the smoke dissipated, Ben got a better look at the result.
The hydreigon was knocked out....and so was Lucario.
It was a tie.
Ben stood still, completely emotionless for a moment. He chuckled, then started full-on laughing, almost
maniacally.
He calmed himself, "What a rush! That was fun battle there, Dragon queen!"
Returning his Lucario, Ben gave a thumbs-up "I guess we'll let the higher-ups decide our placement after that one, huh?"

"Look again." Alfie smirked. Luckily for her, while she was lecturing him, she didn't notice that behind the splintered
wall of ice, there was nothing there. Drizzle had tried to weather the hit, and did take a large amount of damage. She had also just revealed some of her tricks through her speech. A massive wave of water was suddenly summoned into being, sweeping the ice shards along with them. Drizzle was inside of it, the power of Surf not only increased drastically, but also being in his element, making him even quicker than before. Even Accelgor would have a hard time running away from him, as well as the fact that being underwater would certainly slow the enemy as well.
"When you see it, use the ice to block and Dragon Pulse railgun!" Alfie then shouted.

=Nightshade=

“Haha, good battle,” Tempest said, laughing. “Yep. You’re a lot better than I expected; I haven’t had a rush like that in years! It’s not a typical trainer who can knock out Thunder.” Speaking of Thunder...

She walked over to the felled Hydreigon, pulled a Max Revive from her pocket, and fed it to him. He groggily raised his head, and the two pressed their foreheads together in an after-battle routine. ”I’m going to have to return you now, buddy.” Tempest held out a Pokeball, and Thunder pressed the button with one of his head-hands. As he was sucked back into his ball, Tempest walked over to Ben, holding up a hand for a high-five.

“Good one. Slap me some skin, my dude.”

=Nightshade=

“The kid with the Pignite?” Tempest smothered a laugh at the memory. “Yeah, almost ran over him this morning. Was he in group... well, we’ve got a fifty-fifty shot. Just look for a Pignite, I guess. Wonder who he ended up battling.”

=Nightshade=

Tempest shrugged. “Nothing? I mean, I didn’t really have anything in mind.” She was thick as a brick when it came to reading people, so she had no idea where this was going. Pokémon moves in battle? Predictions come like breathing. People? Most of the time, she keeps her distance. But this kid, Ben, had managed to tie her in battle, so she figured why not go along?

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben smiled "Good, then why don't you and me go meet up with Griff. I'm sure he'd love to battle you. I wonder how many seconds he'll last" he laughed "I'm just kidding, he's tougher than you'd think."
He picked up his pokeball, "I really hope they have a free healing place like a pokecenter. Lucario hates being in a pokeball, he'll get out as soon as he can. And I don't think It'll be very good for my reputation if I have a limping pokemon walk beside me."

Last edited:
"Ugh, Wuol go back under!" El exclaimed as her legs were getting wet from Drizzle's Surf. Wuol barely managed to reenter the floor.
"Now, create a wall using Hidden Power to keep the water contained!" Wuol went in another circle creating a green barrier containing the water as it seemed to absorb most of it. El calmly quieted down as she saw the extremely weakened Kingdra. "Hidden Power" she said softly. The barrier Kingdra was in started to glow Blue and Pink. "Checkmate."

=Nightshade=

Tempest nodded, then snickered at his joke. “I have that problem all the time,” she agreed. “Thunder also hates confinement, but what’re you gonna do when people think your partner’s the size of Kalos?” A thohug struck her, and she rummaged in her pockets for another Max Revive. “I’ve got a few left. I’ll probably restock tomorrow. You need one?”

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
"Oh yes please!" Ben sounded relieved "Thanks" he said as he took the medicine with one hand and Lucario's pokeball in the other.
He sent out the aura pokemon, who was conscious but was unable to move. Ben pointed at the max revive.
"Eat this."
Lucario shook his head stubbornly. Ben sighed "Come on dude, swallow your pride. You can't defend me if you're unable to battle."
Lucario sighed, but took the medicine, albeit sullenly. In a couple seconds he had risen, completely energized.
Ben rose the pokeball "Now back to your ball"
Lucario snarled.
Ben laughed "I kid man. Anyway, we got to get a move on." he said to tempest, completely forgetting she hasn't responded to his question. He started walking to group C. Lucario sighed as he also completely forgot his original plan.

=Nightshade=

“Cool.” Tempest broke into a trot and followed Ben. She stored Thunder’s Pokeball safely on her belt as she walked. She ran a hand through her rat’s nest of hair. That’s gonna be a problem later. Note to self: meteors don’t mix well with hair. She grinned; it wasn’t like she cared.

"Blaze?" Burny asked as a Mawile ran towards this area.

"Your that Mawile that Ariana's Mudkip," Firey blushed slightly, "followed."

He then

-------

Ariana noticed the Mawile that Mudkip tried to follow before, but it was too late, it left. Houndoom was still on edge, because of the unfamiliar place. She then noticed Griff, and prepared to battle.

"Notify a teacher, Okay Griff?" Ariana asked.

D

Deleted member 284192

Griff pushed his glasses up still considering what would be the best strategy to take down that Houndoom. All of a sudden his arm which he had raised with a Pokeball in grasp dropped into a limp sway. "Notify a teacher? But aren't we battling?" Boney stood idly by his trainer unfazed, as if it wasn't even paying attention to what was going on. The Pignite was looking off at Ben and the Hydreigon girl who seemed to have finished quite the battle.

"Float upwards and use Ice Beam to freeze the water, then Bullet Hell!" Alfie said.
Time to start getting really serious. He thought to himself.
Drizzle quickly floated upwards, escaping the barrier, and conjured up a maelstrom of heavy rain drops, freezing them while hurling them at Unown at a rapid-fire pace using his hydrokinesis. Drizzle then started rapid-firing thin but accurate beams of draconic blue energy at the Unown.

Wuol got blasted out of the floor at extreme speeds flying straight toward El as she dived to catch them. "Wuol, are you ok?!" Wuol gave El a blank look as Unown can't move their eyes. "That's a yes." she said gently as she gave a slight smile. El took out Wuol's Pokeball as he went back in.
"Ok then, you win." El said as she picked herself up off the floor. "You're good, I haven't had many people beat Wuol before." She offered him her hand.

Last edited:
"Y-yeah, thanks! It was my P-Pokémon who won though," Alfie said, looking at the other girl. "I forgot to ask, what's your name?"
Phew, Drizzle was almost on the verge of fainting. Geez, that Unown had so many techniques! He thought to himself, slightly sweating.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
As he got closer, Ben realized that Grif was indeed in group C, fighting a houndoom it seems.
He waved "Hey Griff! You should have seen our battle, it was sick! You mind if we watch yours?"
He reached the group and faced Griff's opponent. "Hi there!" he greeted.

"Before we battle, we're supposed to notify a teacher before battling." Ariana explained, "but we can battle, Houndoom be ready!"

The Dark and Fire type prepared for battle, growling at The Pignite.

-----

Firey was waiting for someone to battle him, His Blaziken looked around. He had his hand on a Red Pokeball with a Blue star.

D

Deleted member 284192

The Houndoom's battle stance caused Griff's heart to skip a beat, realizing he was about to start his battle. He looked over to his Pignite who carries an advantage over Houndoom's dark type. "What do you say, Bones?" he asked his Pokemon.

Boney turned to it's trainer, then looking forward at the rather intimidating Houndoom that stood in front of it. The Pignite turned back to Griff and shrugged. "I'll take that as an enthusiastic 'yes'. Now go on and start with a jump." Griff pointed ahead, and Boney rushed forward. As the Pignite approached its opponent it sprang into the air.

"Oh, my name's El. Nice to meet you." She looked around the gym which was almost destroyed due to all of the Pokemon battles going on at once. "Anyway, may I ask what's your name?"

"I-I'm Alfie. Nice to meet you too... u-uh, how did you do all that with your Unown?" Alfie asked hesitantly. He started slightly melting down inside of his head. Of course he did. He slightly cringed at his own question.

El chuckled at his awkwardness and gave a smile. "Well, I used to visit Johto and one of my favorite places was the Ruins of Alph. I loved to look around and discover new things there. Me and Wuol soon learned new tricks with our knowledge." El replied as she relaxed and put her hands behind her head. "Anyway, I don't think we'll be here for much longer. Many people seem to be finished." She looked around and saw a girl with her hair messed up completely. "She looks like she just came out of a tornado." El stated as she chuckled at how funny it looked.

=Nightshade=

Tempest’s head snapped around to another group, and she grinned. “I heard that!” she yelled, not at all frustrated. It was true. “If you’d seen the number of Draco Meteors I had to avoid, you’d understand why!” She tried (and failed) again to run a hand through the tangled red mess on top of her head, then shrugged. It’ll be fine. She turned back to watch Griff’s battle against a fierce-looking Houndoom.

Gamingfan

Previously Gamingfan2
Ben grinned, he did notice that her hair looked pretty messed up. "Hey, we match." he chuckled as he pointed at his own messy hair. "Although I guess my case it's a little different, since I never tried to fix it. My pidgey tried to make a nest in my hair y'know."
He then turned to the battle "Get'em Griff and B.C! Show them what I taught you!" he cheered loudly. "Don't ruin my legacy!"

The battles did seem to be finishing up, which meant that Alfie would finally get to go back to the dorm and... meet his dorm mate.
Oh no... Alfie winced. He was not looking forward to more social interaction. All he wanted to do was play with his Pokémon and maybe train some more. He was already emotionally exhausted from just this. The teacher by the side monitoring the battles nodded towards them.

"If you've finished your battle, you can head back to your dorm or explore the campus. Your battle grades will be emailed to you by tomorrow morning, from S, the highest, to D, the lowest. Don't worry, they'll most likely improve over the term." She said to them.

"Swoobat, dive bomb lets go, Flash [ninjask], cover slash 1-2-1!" Sasha commanded in his code. He knew this trick would work on the Breloom and Bisharp his opponent had. Swoobat flew up in the air(fly), while Flash dug under the ground.
"I see you're trying to sneak up on me, that won't work, Breloom seed bomb on the Swoobat, Bisharp get ready for a night slash on Ninjask." His opponent said.
"Not quite." Sasha said.
Swoobat then dove for the Breloom, who was getting ready for a seed bomb. Ninjask then suddenly popped up next to Breloom using aerial ace, then dug back down. That put Breloom on edge while Swootbat came down, shooting a spear of air(air slash), and then slamming into Bisharp setting him off balance. Ninjask then popped up again but next to Bisharp hitting it, knocking it over in a faint. The Breloom was on its last leg. Ninjask put the final step into place, digging down and popping up using aerial ace, finishing the job and winning the battle.
"Good game!" His opponent shouted to him.
"Yes it was, but it was too easy." Sasha replied as he walked off. His battle portion was done for the exams. And he headed off back to his dorm, to wait for the room mate he would be stuck with.
(OOC: The character isn't a character made by a person, I had him just for this.)

Battle grades? We were actually being fully graded? I failed so badly, oh no oh no. Eltisie got increasingly anxious. Sorn slid up to El and gave her a hug. "Thanks Sorn, I needed that" El replied gratefully. "Now you need to go back into your Pokeball so people don't wonder what the smell is. I'm so sorry buddy" El took out his Pokeball and had him go back in. "Ok, we should be heading back now. I'll see you Alfie!" She waved him goodbye as she started to head back to her room.

=Nightshade=

Tempest eyed Ben’s hair. “I don’t blame it,” she said. “I don’t have a Pokémon small enough to nest in my hair, but if I did, they probably would.” A bump against her hip made her jump, but it was really just a twitch. She’d trained herself not to show weakness. Another bump. Thunder was bouncing his ball against her hip, tired of being contained. Tempest bopped the button with one finger, letting the Hydreigon out. “Fine, buddy. Hopefully my roommate isn’t a pissant. Sucks for them if they can’t deal with a gigantic dragon.”