• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Type poll

If you were to train only type of pokemon which type would it be?

• Normal

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Grass

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • Fighting

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • Fire

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • Flying

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Water

Votes: 24 26.7%
  • Poison

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • Electric

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Ground

Votes: 12 13.3%
  • Psychic

Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Rock

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Ice

Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Bug

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Dragon

Votes: 37 41.1%
  • Steel

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Ghost

Votes: 13 14.4%
  • Dark

Votes: 24 26.7%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Heh. I wanted to choose three, but once I had my top two types chosen (Ground and Fire), I realized I couldn't choose between Fighting, Bug, and Flying. I love all three of those types for different reasons, but not quite as much as Ground-types (because of STAB for EQ), or Fire-types (because... I don't really know. I just like the Fire element I guess).

Also, I minorly edited the title of this thread. Hope you don't mind.

What a tough decision but I ended up going with Psychic, Dark, and Dragon. I just love those three types and if a Pokemon and effectively use moves of these types I'll nearly always give it to them. For example, my Ninetales and Stantler both know Extrasensory. Why? Because they can!

i chose dragon, water and fire because those three types are very well balanced together. fire can knock out grass and ice, water can defend against ground and rock, and dragon is nearly invincible.

Ground type is best. :T

And it has enough dual-types to be versatile, too.
Facing a grass-type? Mamoswine or Gliscor.
Flying? Mamoswine again. XD
Ice? Camerupt, or Marowak can have Iron Head as an egg move.
Water? Hello Torterra.

And like Linkachu said, the STAB on EQ doesn't hurt.

Fire and Dark for sure. STAB Flamethrower rules and Critihaxed Night Slash is pure win.

And who doesn't like Bug-types? With one of the best CB moves now in U-Turn, why can't you like it. That and X-Scissor rule. Pure win for Scizor and Heracross. And they've got such a great movepool too.

i say water and ground are best, considering that the're almost unstoppable if used right. Swampert with Avalanche, EarthQuake, and WaterFall is pure win. i also voted for Fighting mainly because at least one Pokemon on my team has Brick Break, just because they can, such as my Sneasel...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Grass all the way! ;D

I actually have a crazy 3rd Gen all-Grass team plan, which mostly relies on Ludicolo to get round the Fire problem, as well as a Grass/Water team plan that I think is balanced enough to play. I must bring that over to 4th Gen sometime. Abomasnow's Grass/Ice and Torterra's Grass/Ground certainly bring something new, as does Empoleon's Water/Steel.

I really love Dark, Ice, and Grass. (Karen's Pokemon from G/S/C were cool.) I like a lot of grass type Pokemon. (Chikorita, Bulbasaur, Bellossom, Sunflora, Venonat, Vileplume, Victreebell, etcetera.) Ice attacks look cool so I chose that, and I like Dark pokemon such as Umbreon and Houndoom. I also like Dragon and Psychic. It was a tough decision. If I had the option of 6, I would choose Dark, Ice, Grass, Dragon, Psychic, and Electric. (Umbreon, Glalie, Meganium, Dragonite, Gardevoir, and Ampharos.)

Dragon for the simple fact of all those resistances. You only need to worry about ice really, which can be stopped with flamethrower, brick break, rock tomb, etc.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Because Psychic is awesome. I cannot live without a Psychic Pokemon. Seriously.

But if there wasn't psychic, I'd go with flying. There's many type-combos for flying. Altaria=flying-dragon, Charizard=flying-fire, Gyarados=water-flying, Tropius=grass-flying... there are loads of combos for flying types, so my second pick would be flying. And I like birds and anything with wings.

Fire's my favorite.
Ground is fun type with a ton of pkmn and lot's of cool moves.
And Dragon is just amazing. They all are awesome!! (except Palkia...)

dragon,ground,water.
dragon can kill almost everything, except steel, so..
ground covers for that, also for poison, rock, and electric's only weakness
water... i just like it... if i can choose 4, the other one would be ice.

Grass, Fighting and Dark for me.

Yes im a fan of Cacturn, Nuzleaf and Breloom :p

PS: I havent played Diamond and pearl yet, might be more to add to my list lol

Fire Will Always Be My Favourite, Like Growlithe & Vulpix.

But Dark Comes Close, Like Murkrow.

But The Best Combination Is... FIRE & DARK... Like Houndour & Houndoom *Drools*

Dragon, Dark, and Ghost.

Ghost is pretty much invulnerable to normal attacks, (Including Hyper Beam, Ugh, I hate Hyper Beam.)

Dragon means Pokemon such as Dialga and Palkia, and the best thing with that is that Dragon attacking Dragon is super effective. I like using Spacial Rend on my friend's best Latias :-)

Dark, well, the only reason for that is that I really think my Darkrai is so cool.

I can't choose. Its between ground and fire type.

Ground because I love ground type. And fire because Blaziken is one of my favorite pokemon and he can learn certain electric moves.

My three were flying, I love their versitility and their advantage against many moves.
Ground type because, well I don't really know why, they just rock my socks!
And finall water, it's easily been my favourite, always picked the water starte, i love their elegance and style, babay
:]

I chose Psychic, Ice, and Ghost. My favorite Pokemon have always been: Jynx, Mr. Mime, Gengar, and Lapras. x)
Go figure, huh? I just adore how they're all quite powerful, generally quite graceful, and just overall adorable. (Mime Jr., anyone?)

I picked Dragon, Ghost, and Dark because they're obviously my favorite types =] The Dragon types have some awesome designs (i.e. Dragonair), ghosts are just awesome, and I love how the Dark types are so sinister (just became a fan of Darkrai ^^).

Tough call. I do love versatility, and to some extent, I think all types have their pros and cons. I voted for Ground, Psychic and Dark type. Ground for its sheer power that wipes out almost anything. Psychic for the same reasons, and Dark for its sheer availability to every Pokemon. Admittedly, Dark Types are limited, so in terms of STAB, it isn't the best choice. But since it can do decent damage to almost any type, it's something worth teaching, even if its only at earlier levels.

i've chosen water becuse a water pokemons almost have all mixture types.

1fbac362ac97def56e0393671825baed.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My choices were:

Ghosts: I've always had trouble with Ghosts, so by becoming a master of them, I could conquer everything!
Dragon: I'm a huge fan of Dragons. All sorts, in game or out.
Electric: All electric types give me just the buzz I need to get me through the day. Some are quite cute too.

Flying, simply because you can cover any weakness and exploit any weakness. Not to mention that Dragons, rock-types, and dozens of other good pokemon have a flying sub-type. Plus, I just think bird pokemon are the greatest thing since sandwiches.

Dragon first, they're the most versatile type and usually the strongest. That, and they only have two weaknesses (but there aren't many pure Dragon types).

Next, probably normal type. They might actually be the most versatile type over Dragon, and they have on weakness, and an immunity too.

And then Fire, 'cause most fire-types look freaking awesome. xD

Water Pokemon mostly, with Dark, Dragon and Fire coming a close second. I really love most of the Water Pokemon, being one of the most graceful (and downright scary sometimes i.e. Gyrados) Pokemon around. And even though they have two (rather big) weaknesses, the majority of them learn a wide variety of moves, including steel and sometimes flying, they can pretty much hold their own.

With the Fire-types, Charizard is the pwn-izer and I love them in general. Dragon because I love dragons, and Dark because they fit in with my personality.

Still, if I were to have a only one type team, I'd choose Water types (i.e. Suicune, Milotic, Lapras, Crawdaunt, Swampert and Emploeon)​