• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Summer Camp! (Discussion)

Ok! So this is my first roleplay! And I'm not quite sure what I'm doing. Basically this is supposed to be like the ever so popular high school roleplays but instead...it's a summer camp! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to state the rules here or somewhere else so I'll just say this: Follow normal Pokémon roleplay rules! I want my first roleplay to go well! Also here's the (role)player format!

Name:
Age: (Just put it anywhere between 13-17 this is a summer camp for big kids :p)
Appearance: (Eye color, hair color, skin color, stuff like that. Not clothes because you can decide when to change your clothes)
Personality: (This is optional. If you want you can just have others find out as we go along)
Pokemon Partner: (Only one! No Shiny No Legendary)
Region: (Where are you from?)
Friends: (This is in case you know anybody that joins)
Relationships: (This too is here if you know someone and are "dating" them. This IS a camp full of teens there's no way there's gonna be no dating and drama and stuff)
Crush: (This is also in case you know anybody that joins. Just say Yes or No or None Yet)

And that's it! If I did something wrong please let me know so I can fix it! I'm still learning!

Name: Ryan
Appearance: Dark brown hair, green eyes, race=white, tall.
Personality: (Find out through progression)
Pokemon Partner: Rhyhorn
Region: Oblivia Region
Friends: None yet
Relationships: None yet
Crush: None yet

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Moved to RP discussion as this contains eff-all actual RP content. When you have actual in character posts to upload, make an RP forum thread with that. Keep character bios in this thread and remember to read and follow the rules.
Also. Don't double-post. You have an edit button. Use it.

Name: Mikaela Yuki Strange
Appearance: She's slim-built, that can easily fit in as an athlete swimmer or a roller/ice skater, with chin-length copper-like hair that cover the right side of her face, she has a pale complexion and reddish-orange eyes that glows when she's feeling strong emotions. It's a 'Strange' thing.
Personality: It's a Surprise!
Pokemon Partner: (No Shiny?! WHY?! I understand legendaries but shinies! Oh well~) Rowlet (male, Chastiefol)
Region: Alola
Friends: Irenea Strange (sister), the others... still in progress in making them~
Relationships: Ew... no
Crush: No

Last edited:
This looks like a interesting idea, Might as well join~

Name: His full name Lucas Cole Baines
Nickname: He prefers to simply be called "Luke"
Appearance:
The first thing you notice about Luke is that he is quite a tall fellow, being around the height of 6'3 or 190.5 cm. He is also a bit lanky and doesn't weight that much, weighing in at around 145 pounds or around 10.3 stones. Despite his tall height and his small frame, he is quite athletically fit, having some muscle. His skin is slightly tanned with some freckles on his shoulders and around his nose from too many beach trips. His hair is a dirty blonde mix of honey golden blonde, light brown, and normal blonde hair. His eyes are a beautiful chocolate brown with hints of golden yellow around the pupils of his eyes.
Personality:
At first when you meet Luke, you find a soft spoken man who is thoughtful and compassionate. Luke is also a bit on the nerdy side and enjoys learning about different Pokemon. But once you get to truly knowing Luke, He is quite competitive and loves to test his battling skills. Luke becomes more outgoing the more you get to know him, but he still does speak quietly. Inside though, Luke is actually quite self conscious and is easily embarrassed.
Pokemon Partner: His faithful partner from Johto , Flora the Female Meganium.
Region: He was born is Johto, but moved to Sinnoh when he was 8
Friends: He currently has no friends that he knows is going to camp.
Relationships: He does not have any relationships yet.
Crush: He has no known crush yet.

Sorry if the personality seems weird, my mind kind of went blank there.......

Well, I suppose I could have another glass of RPing while I still recover from my illness.

Name: Her name is Mindy Avalon.
Appearance: Mindy has long, blond hair, which is made in the style of a ponytail. She has blue eyes, a small nose, fair skin tone and some freckles on her cheeks. A small, curled, white spherical drone can be seen resting on her right shoulder when it is in sleep mode, as its tiny, but resilient twin rotor blades unfold when it is in flight. Its small, mechanical arms also unfold if any assistance is needed, as the device has an artificial intelligence of its own morals. Its big, one-eyed lens survey the area around her, as its swift processors and other mysterious parts process the information to her on its back, holographic panel like a Pokédex. (Clothes and other accessories not included because of what the info said.)
Personality: [Will be revealed in the RP.]
Pokémon Partner: She has a Noibat. (More info on him will be revealed in the RP.)
Region: She is from the Kalos region.
Friends: None at the moment since she does not really know anyone at the camp.
Relationships: None at the moment, though this is subject to change.
Crush: None at the moment, subject to change depending on the situation.

Name: Zen
Appearance: green eyes, medium-long brown hair with a few cowlicks here and there (or just bedhead), fair skin tone, roughly 5'8
Personality: [To be revealed]
Pokemon Partner: Riolu (Ryu, sports a red bandanna around his neck)
Region: Unova
Friends: No one (forever alone ;^; )
Relationships: N/A
Crush: Possibly Mikaela (when the time comes), if not, then Mindy

Last edited:

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
Name: Matthew Lincoln
Nickname: Matt (I guess xD)
Appearance: Brown messy hair, Green eyes,
Personality: Matthew is a fun loving trainer who likes to spend time with the people around him. He loves Pokemon but he doesn't particularly like outdoor activities. Matthew came to the summer camp to meet people rather than spending time outdoors and all that stuff.
Pokemon Partner: Treeko
Region: Sinnoh
Friends: Nope
Relationships: Nope
Crush: None Yet

Last edited:
Hmm... two questions I would like to Axew right now. I know it's all of a sudden, but I'd like to get them out of the way before it's too late to ask. (One of which is rather urgent.)

• May I make another character for the RP?
  • And... would we be allowed to use Fakemon for the RP? (I am urgently asking this because I would like to use one of my Fakemon for the RP and also because there are no rules on the discussion mentioning about their usage.)

Good qeustions and good pun.

1. Sure you can make a second charachter if you want but make sure to say which character you are using at the time by saying in paranthesis before you write (Example's P.O.V) just use whatever name the charachter is but the most you can have is two because I don't want it to be seriously confusing

2. I apologize but no fakemon in this particular roleplay. I'm still figuring things out myself so I'm gonna have to say no.

Well, I have decided to make another character for the RP. (Some references are included to my previous characters from prior RPs they have been in, as others will be revealed quite soon.)

Name: Her name is Alisa Kyoto.
Appearance: Alisa stands at a short height of 4'11", as she has fair skin tone and a modest build. She has blond hair, brown eyes, a small nose and some freckles near her nose.
Personality: [This will be revealed in the RP.]
Pokémon Partner: She has an Oshawott. (More info on him will be revealed in the RP, as there is a lot behind the Oshawott.)
Region: Her native region is currently unknown.
Friends: None at the moment since she does not really know anyone at the camp.
Relationships: She has a faternal twin brother, who is Soma Kyoto. (More information on him will be revealed very soon when she introduces herself and him.)
Crush: None at the moment, subject to change depending on the situation.

Parentheses will make it seem like it's OOC to most so that'll be even more confusing here...

I'd rather just keep it as is in novel format since there will be times where they'll be simultaneously interacting with each other and it'll be awkward for said person to have to read it if it was like that.

Also, this forces the user to actually read my post so that they'll know what is going on instead of having them reading a FEW parts and ASSUMING what my characters do. (Which does tend to happen a lot if I try to do the task of what you requested, leading to the bunnying of my characters.)

Last edited:
*Jigacho rolls his eyes a little at you*

It's going to be a bit hard to make it blatantly obvious when I am switching POVs if said reader is not completely reading my posts, as this happens about 85% of the time when I have an issue like this.

(If there's no mentioning of said characters in their POVs, then that would be understandable and I would need to find a solution to that as soon as possible.)

IMG_2199.PNG IMG_2194.PNG IMG_2195.PNG IMG_2198.PNG IMG_2197.PNG Alright, I understand. Also I have no clue who Jigacho is. Anyways I have an announcement to make! I made some trainer cards for the leaders of the camp and the generic counselors (Y'know, like how every youngster looks the same). Here they are!

Also I would like to take this time to explain how NPC battles will work. At appropriate times and challenges I will use a randomizer to choose one of you to battle in which will take place in a private conversation. Please remember sometimes you win and sometimes... you don't.

Last edited:
*Jigacho rolls his eyes again while solving his rubik's cube in 2.98 seconds and with using 27 moves now instead of 29*

Jigacho is one of my Fakemon that I've made, and well he's quite the little puzzle lizard when it comes to things like those...

Also, I'm assuming the clinic is basically like the Pokémon Center/infirmary where's some staffed nurses and treatment areas and supplies and such.

Well... guess that's one more place the Noibat and possibly the Oshawott are going to avoid for their time spent in the nice camp.

I'll be having Alisa go over to the clinic while Mindy goes over to the cabin to explore it.

By the way, are the cabins prenamed or do we have to come up with the names ourselves?

Clinic...infirmary...Pokémon center you name it.

Cabins just have the names of Pokémon so you would just say you are in Butterfree cabin or Wooper Cabin or something.

I guess Jigacho was the fakemon you wanted to bring in...?

Oh okay, I see what you mean for the cabins.

And well, maybe I wanted to bring in Jigacho... but now I thought he could use a little break in RPing since he's overused right next to my other Fakemon here...

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
alright then I guess it's no problem then. Though I might come to your cabin since we're not allowed to be by ourselves.

MegaloX

Previously Blake Star
I'm not entirely sure but it could be for a reason. Maybe he just intends to make the other cabins npc's for some camp tourney/games/competition who knows?

Blake Star you are partially correct. You're not allowed to be by yourself in the sense that you chose a cabin and say there's no NPCs (which there are plenty) and NPCs will take place in friendly competitions as well.

So being by yourself with no other player but having NPCs in your cabin is fine.

@Zen and Winter I applaud your use of my examples :D

So, what I did in my post... I made it so that it's open for somebody (a person) to join the cabin, but if they don't then we can just say an NPC joined the cabin, so that would mean that it's okay that I be alone in the cabin because we can assume that there are NPCs in the cabin not during any special events, right? *inhales*