• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Reina Cortez, July 24th, Cianwood, Johto.

"Oh I guess we have something in common then. Sort of." Reina was trying to gather her thoughts, still impressed by Esther's song. "You have a very lovely voice, I'm surprised you're so free despite following Arceus."

Reina leaned back, crossing her arms. "Like the schools, inclination towards men having more power, Sunday church, you know, all those rules that seemed to come out of nowhere." She was starting to frown but washed it away with a smile. "Do you have any more songs?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:35 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha | Pari』​
Interactions: Reina Cortez (@Hecotoro)

“Huh? Why wouldn’t we be free?” Esther threw Reina a strange look. “There are a few other songs, but they’re mostly lullabies or bedtime stories. Thanks for the compliment, by the way, I’ve been practicing for a long time. Enough of that though, why don’t you tell me about your region? You said we had something in common, do you also follow Arceus?”

The Oblivian lay her elbows on the table to listen but then she spotted the waiter returning with their orders.

"Oh! Looks like our food has arrived!"

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)
Water Purifier & Filter
Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)
Lace Set (Clothing)
Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

"Oh good!" Reina was a bit relieved, she didn't feel like bringing the mood down with religious talk.

The waiter set their meals and drinks down. Wished them well and went on his way. Reina took a long drink from her soda, before focusing on her bowl.

" Do you want some?" She pointed at her food. Maybe Esther would be more comfortable if Reina hadn't touched it yet.

Thursday, July 24th – 7:36 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

Esther looked down at her two bowls of Udon and then looked over at Reina’s bowl. Their beef Udons were practically identical!

“Hey, silly! You were supposed to order something different than me!” With her chopsticks pointed rudely at Reina, Esther then pointed between Reina’s Beef Udon and her won. Obviously, there wouldn’t be any point in swapping. However, then she pointed to her second bowl—the lemon-chilli-raw egg Frankenstein of a dish. “But if I don’t like this one then you can have it. Also! You’re not supposed to have hot and cold drinks at the same time, save the soda until after you eat!”

With that, Esther slid her wooden chopsticks out of their paper wrapper and pulled them apart carefully. She hadn’t used these before, but she figured it couldn’t be that much different. Just pinch the noodles and then wrap em up, kind of like a fork, ya?

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

"But I ordered first!" Reina laughed and looked at her bowl and drink. "You're not supposed to mix hot and cold? I don't know, my papa does it all the time. It's pretty normal for me. In the mornings sometimes he drinks hot coffee and eats cold cereal after. Then, he drinks a cold cold cola with menudo. So, naturally, I do too."

Reina looked at her chop sticks and shrugged. "I'm just asking for a fork." She raised her hand, but lowered it quickly when she noticed they had left some already. "Oh, better."

Reina began slurping through her food, although it was hot, it was truly delicious. She stopped after a few spoons to continue her conversation. "Try the yucky one, I'm curious."

Thursday, July 24th – 7:38 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

Esther pulled a sour face. She could already imagine the kind of taste something named lemon chilli would have—sour and spicy and worst of all, filled with fishy, eggy, rawness. Nevertheless, she was the one who ordered, and she did at least want to taste things… Ugh, better bite the bullet while it was hot. It would only get harder to eat once it was cold.

The Oblivian closed her eyes and took deep breaths, counting to five and then back to zero. After her rituation was done she poked the chopsticks into the Udon broth and pinched the noodles, usinig the chopsticks to swirl the noodle and scatter the egg. She had watched a few videos on how to each Udon and these was usually what they did. Once the noodles had been coated in broth and egg, Esther lifted them from her bowl and quickly stuffed them in her mouth.

The flavor was…not as bad as she was expecting. The lemon chiil was sharp, but the sour and spice seemed to mellow each other out; the dish was neither extraordinairily spicy nor was it cringe-inducingly sour. But that was where Esther’s praise for the dish ended as the next thing, she tasted was the sllimy, yolky egg and BOY did her tastebuds not like that. She was certain her fave had twisted into a grimace, but she was more preoccupied with chewing. The noodles were thick and while this would usually be a boon, here they only forced her to relive the horrendous taste with each chew. She wasn’t gonna spit it out, that would be far too rude, but it did take all her will power to chew and swallow her noodles.

Once she’d done that, she promplty pushed the bowl over to Reina. That was enough food tourism for the day.

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Reina couldn't help but burst into laughter as she watched Esther's expressions. She tried to hide it by covering her mouth, but it was pointless.

"Was it that bad?!" The Metztlian couldn't it as Esther pushed the bowl to her. "Okay I have to try it."

Reina grabbed as much as she could before putting the noodles in her mouth. She tatsed it for a few moments until she finally golped it down. "Hey Esther..." Reina gave her the best puppy eyes she could. "If I say I loved it, are we still friends?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:38 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

Thankfully, unlike the lemon whatchamacalit, the beef Udon had a far more palattable flavor. Esther’s slurped the ends off her noodles into her mouth and then turned to stare at Reina as she posed her question. Five seconds passed and then Esther swallowed. “I would judge you heavily but, sure, we could still be friend…I suppose.”

The Oblivian pulled a face to highlight the GREAT sacrifice and compromise to her moral beliefs that she was making in Reina’s behalf. Truly, no other person could get Esther to go to such lengths to preserve their friendship.

“Speaking of, I should order another bowl or two for my pokémon to share. I wonder if the resturaunt has tables that can seat pokémon?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

"What a relief." Reina said, a bit concerned how serious Esther seemed with the question.

She kept enjoying her udon, well both of them. It was a bit much, but Reina wasn't going to back down. "Want me to call the waiter? I don't see why they wouldn't let you let them out." The thought of Pokémon suddenly reminded her of something.

"Oh, will you see Naka again after this?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:40 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

“Yea, but I mean this doesn’t look like the kind of place that was designed with pokémon in mind.” Esther waved to the tabes that surrounded them, some empty and yet others with small groups of customers. “Maybe they’d allow it at the outdoor tables…”

“Oh, Naka?” Esther thought for a moment, popping a slice of beef into her mouth to chew on while she gathered her thoughts. Eventually, she gave a slow nod. “Yea, there’s a few things I wanted to ask her about. I wanted to get Sponsored by some organization so I could earn a stipend. It would go a long way towards caring for my pokémon, but I’m not sure how to go about that. I figured Naka would know about that. Afterward though…I don’t know? I think I’ll head back to Kaos after this. Johto’s been fun, but there’s no way I could collect all eight badges before the season ends. I might as well stick with Kalos and go outside the region for contests. That will cost a lot of money though, so it loops back to needing a sponsor. Sigh!”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

"Wow you have a lot to do. I wish I could go with but I can't let this opportunity slip away." Reina sighed, it had been so great traveling with friends, the idea of doing it alone was bringing her mood down. "Anyways could you deliver this to her?"

She reaches into her bag and brought out the Great Ball with the Blastoise inside. "I can't handle such a strong Pokémon. Naka also seemed interested in it, so I was hopping she could care for it, at least until I have all my badges."

Reina slid the sphere over to Esther. "Maybe bring out your Pokémon and if we get in trouble we can just say we didn't know."

Thursday, July 24th – 7:42 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

“Oh? Is this Blastoise’s pokéball?” Esther took the Great ball of Reina’s hands and marveled at the heft…or lack thereof. Despitte the pokémon within weighing at least a few tons, the Great Ball didn’t feel that much different than a pokéball. Once she was done admiring the pokéball she minified it and set it to lock. While she didn’t usually use the lock feature on pokéballs, Blastoise was just a bit too dangerous; if it wanted to pop out of its pokéball and cause havoc…well, there wouldn’t be anything she could do to stop it. Better safe than sorry.

As for Reina’s suggestion. “That sounds like a terrible idea, and I will do no such thing.” Esther threw her friend a dirty look but eventually, she relaxed.

“You know, we’re supposed to head back to Olivine tomorrow and…I don’t really know when we’ll see each other again. I’m not really one for sappy goodbyes but…we should at least do something. You know…despite being in quite a few tournaments, I don’t think we’ve ever battled each other…Up for a late-night scuffle?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

A big grin came across Reina's face. "Yes I would love to. It's not goodbye, it's just until the next time."

Reina gave Esther a big smile and continued to eat, faster than before, trying to get to the actual battle as soon as possible. She only stopped to drink her soda and to give Esther a smile, but besides that, she was eating. It wasn't until both bowls were empty that she felt satisfied.

"My dear Rayquaza was that delicious." She cleaned her lips with a napkin before drinking from her soda. "Did you enjoy it? We can get dessert if you're still hungry."

Thursday, July 24th – 7:42 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

A grin split Esther’s lips and she shook her head. “The meal was great, especially this beef. I heard Johto has some of the best beef around and it’s so fresh too! I’ll definitely have to come back here sometimes, if only for the food. As for dessert? Nah. It’s already late, it’s not good to eat so late at night. I’ll just get something for my pokémon to enjoy after the battle.”

As another waiter passed by, Esther waved him over and then placed an order for a few more bowls of Udon. Once the waiter had her order, she turned back to Reina.

“I’m sure the food will be ready by the time our battle finishes. There’s a beach about a minute or two down the road if you wanna battle there…or, maybe there’s another battlefield nearby? I’d prefer somewhere with water though, I don’t think Feebas can move that well on land.”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Reina took out her phone, transferring her payment to the restaurant. "The beach? That's where we first met so why not? Besides, you need all the advantage possible, because I'm not going to go easy on you."

Reina, once finished with her soda, stood up and stretched. She wasn't wearing the most appropriate clothes for the beach, but that wasn't going to stop her. "By the way, you look good today, I like your outfit. Ready to go?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:45 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

“Thanks! It’s the last of the outfits I carry around with me, the fanciest one too. Figured I’d wear it since we were going on a date and all.” Esther wasn’t shy about her outfits, she worked hard to coordinate her looks and her aesthetic. The Oblivian paused to give a few showy spins, letting her long dress flutter about a bit so Reina could get a good look. “Heh, don’t get too cocky now. If you’re not careful, I’ll make you eat dirt!”

The only real question was…should she use Pyrrha? Ostensibly the answer should be no, but it didn’t really feel right to have an all-out battle and not include her partner. She still wasn’t sure how close Pyrrha was to evolution, but surely one battle couldn’t push her over the edge, right?

"Let's go!"

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Gwen Tucker - 20th of June - Route 217, Sinnoh
The answer that Naka gave to Gwen wasn't one she expected and it only filled her head with more questions. However, she didn't get to continue just yet when the older woman suddenly looked at her with a sharp gaze. Gwen's slightly red eyes widened as she was taken aback from Naka's sudden reassurance and praise. She felt so awkward, rubbing her eyes and looking away from her. All of today.. Well it had just been a lot and Gwen wasn't even sure if she was hearing Naka correctly. However, when the blonde woman then emphasized that this was her journey, Gwen looked at her again. She wanted to learn from the researcher and Ron, she really did. Both of them knew so many cool things about pokemon, battling and so much more. A tear formed again in the corner of Gwen's eye again, but this time it was for some other reason that she couldn't quite describe. Naka's praise, comforting and reassuring words helped ease her distraught state. Cobalt had evolved during the conflict too.. So she had to be doing something right. Or that's what she hoped it meant at least.

Gwen wiped away the tear and looked at the researcher laying on the medical bed as a spark of determination glinted in her eye and smiled, "Got it. I'll be sure to help you in any way I can," she said leaning forward in her chair, now a burning want to teach those Rocket scoundrels a lesson. Then, the questions about this Leona person popped into her mind again..

"But.. Naka. What changed with Leona to turn to Team Rocket then if she helped you so much and everything?" she asked, unsure what kind of reply she would get. Quietly anticipating, Gwen rubbed Cobalt's pokeball with her thumb.

Gwen Tucker - July 19th - Goldenrod City Underground -> Pichu's Pizza, Johto
Gwen pocketed the two pokeballs into her pocket and followed Ron. She kept close to him so as to not accidentally lose him. The large city sort of reminded her of Jubilife, but in so many ways it was so much different at the same time. Lots of people and pokemon, towering buildings, yet all of them being unfamiliar to her.

Gwen snapped back from her own thoughts to Ron as he was talking about some tickets. Wait, this pizza place also had an arcade?! Oh, that was awesome. She listened intently and pressed the game 'Whack-a-Poliwag' into her mind and to be on the look out for if there were any cool prizes she wanted. Oh, a little keychain could be cute to add to her backpack or a pin. She'll also be on the lookout for other fun games as well. "Got it," Gwen said with a determined nod as her mind started to get busy with thinking about games and seemed more cheerful.

Turning the corner with the punk man, the light blue haired girl looked up at the sign with a Pichu and a chef's hat. She quickly took her phone out to nab a picture of it to show Naka later. Maybe Chu could wear a chef hat too? Gwen looked up from her phone when she walked inside. The hustle and bustle of the place with screaming kids and everyone's talk mixing into one large incoherent noise together with the machines making their own sounds. She looked up at Ron who instructed her to claim table 56 while he went to order the pizza and then go to the toilet, "Alright, I might go check out the arcade while waiting for the pizza then," Gwen replied as she adjusted the cap on her head a little. After spotting the table, she walked over and threw her coat over one of the chairs and put her cap on the other to claim both spots before taking her backpack with her to go see the arcade area.

There were a bunch of different cabinets and games, like Froaker, Close Kombat, Marill Kart and more. There were also some crane games, Air hockey and some sort of basketball game too. There was just a lot, but Gwen first went to try and eye on the ticket prizes. Finding the counter, Gwen eyes at all the various items. There were tons of plushies, toys and other small trinkets on display until she landed her eyes on the keychains. There were little pokemon plushies attached to them and there were only three left. A Psyduck holding its head, Pancham pumping its fist, a Goomy and a Gyarados! It wasn't that big of a selection to pick from, but Gwen had landed her eyes on the Atrocious pokemon trinket. Oh she needed to get her tickets for it now. Where was that Whack-A-Poliwag?!

Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

Monty threw his arms up in a vain effort to protect himself from the Yanmega's attack, but as it turned out he didn't really need to. Azumi's Gardevoir was back on the field, and though her move didn't prevent the ringing in his ears it did keep him uninjured. Oracle and Chauffemagne didn't fair quite as well, but Nana's Life Dew kept them healthy enough to keep fighting.

The farm's gate was 100 or so meters away, in line with Oracle, Chauffe, spider-thing, and Yanmega. Monty's vague notion of a plan solidified, and he shouted, "DON'T ATTACK FROM ALL SIDES! KEEP ITS FOCUS IN ONE DIRECTION—" He pointed toward the farm's exit. "—TOWARD THE GATE!"

Oracle and Chauffemagne heard their trainer's command, and both were furious at the notion of cedeing ground to their opponent. Both Dark Types wanted nothing more than to tear the Yanmega apart and burn it to ash, but Monty wanted to put them on the backpedal? The Absol's limbs CRACKLED! and POPPED! with black sparks. She was a queen, and she wouldn't back down.

Before she shot off, though, Chauffemagne checked the Absol for the first time since he joined the pack. With a sharp growl, he reminded the Absol that some prey had to be lured out, cornered, or convinced that it could challenge one of them only to be torn apart by the pack. She may be the Alpha, but their human's job as the Beta was still to coordinate the pack. If she was too short-sighted to see Monty was putting them in a better position for the kill, then that was her problem.

From behind them, Chauffemagne heard the heavy stomp of their trainer's boots. Just like against the humans keeping Abné, Monty was there to fight alongside them. That was all the reassurement the Houndour needed to follow the next instructions.

"Chauffe, another <<Ember>> volley! Don't burn the trees, but keep it focused this way. Oracle, use <<Double Team>> to keep yourselves covered!"

With a deep breath and three puffs, the Houndour launched his third volley of the battle at the monstrous insect. At the same time, the Absol was stunned. The Houndour, the weak little mutt, dared to lecture her about her place?! Her <Pressure> intensified, suffocating everything within a ten meter radius, and her fur whipped into a frenzy as she was flooded with rage. After they slaughtered the Yanmega, she was coming for Chauffemagne's throat.

Her body glowed white, and her shadows split into eight as her clones materialized. Each one of them dripped with malice, and they all hissed up at the massive flying insect; a second <<Taunt>>.

Last edited:
Jayden Jones, July 24th, Castelia City, WCS rank: 73,875.

"We will, if you beat the gym, that means we're on equal grounds!" Jayden called back waving as he rushed down the street.

He had no idea that the gym leaders adapt to the level of their competition, but if Hubert got ahead in their competition, he would have a drive to improve. The idea of battling someone who already had a badge was interesting to him, it was a true challenge! The idea was getting him so hyped up, he ignored the girl talking to him as he entered the PokeMart.

The young trainer went wild with his money, buying an incredible amount of two super potions, 1 full heal and 3 Great Balls. In fact, he felt so positive, he even bought one Dive Ball for his new water Pokemon, once he found it of course. After a quick and successful shopping spree, JJ and Ele went outside to enjoy a famous Castelian Cone.

"Date?!" Reina's cheeks blushed red as the inappropriate thoughts flooded her memory. Followed by the showing of Esther's dress, Reina could only nod quickly trying to look as normal as possible, until she couldn't take it anymore. "Race you to the beach!"

Reina should've wore more comfortable shoes for running, her boots were a bit heavy. Still, despite the moment where she most likely embarrassed herself, she was having fun! Why didn't they do more nights like that one while traveling? Why did it have to be one they were about to split up!

Reina reached the beach and noticing how her boots were a bad choice, she sat down at a nearby boulder to try and take em off. "I should've figured we would battle, terrible shoes option!"

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

Azumi shot Monty a smile, he seemed to have some decent people skills. After helping her teammates tank the hit, Nana was on the move again. She was preparing to start blasting the bug, until she felt Azumi's desire to protect the farm reach her. It seemed for now, she would have to he-..he-helll- Nana took a big breath, help Orrrrrr-ugh, help Oraccll-bleh! She had to help her worst enemy! With a determined look, she followed the Houndour's pattern, using her Fiery Dance to try and push the Yanmega away.

Anakin on the other hand was on the same boat as Oracle, they could simple beat him up right there and then! But if they were to follow the scrawny human's idea, which as Azumi's but he seemed to have taken as his own, then he would help to keep everyone safe. The fighting Pokemon hid behind a tree, waiting and watching, ready to spring into action if the bug decided to attack the humans, except for Monty, once more.

"Follow Monty's plan!" Azumi called out, waving and moving her hands trying to signal the instructions.

~Aldon Charlton...~
~Skol the king of gods, Bran the bronzor, Zippy the magnemite, Huck the golett, Wunder the Sigilyph and Bolly the Baltoy...~
~Safari Zone...~
~interactions: Desmond...~

Like a nosey neighbor, Aldon peered over Desmond's shoulder to see what he was reading and writing.

"Spooked is right! You look like you seen a ghost! Speaking of mysteries supernatural forces of nature, our pokémon probably miss us! Politoad and kricketune having a new buddy and all" Aldon said giving a friendly elbow jab before turning tail and walking back to the entrance. Briefly turning around. He put his hands to his mouth.

"Don't die!!!" He yelled believing there was a slight chance the others could hear that. Skol was certainly one of Aldon's top priorities. Eventually Aldon made his way to the Safari entrance once more. He held the door open for a few moments for Dessie-kun before making his way inside.

"Poooke...~ (Thankyooou)" Skol cheered. With telepathy he lifted a slice. Skol only desired one slice. Dropping it into his mouth and swallowing it whole.

"Slo!(It's that nurse lady's face isn't it? She healed me up real good!)" Skol looked excitedly only to realize it was just Aldon. He poked his head out from under the table and walked to his side.

"Poke poke(Kay, I'm ready to go nyow)" Skol tugged on Aldon's pants with his paw suggesting he was indeed ready to continue the adventure, and he was motivated to lead the way for once. In a bit more of an attentive mood than usual.

"Olivine, here we come...!" Aldon said.

~Briar Hightower...~
~Briar Pokémon: Grafaiai/Baba(F), galarian wheezing/Puff Puff(M), tentecruel/Maggie(F), Revavroom/Hemi(M), clodsire/Claudia(F), smeargle/Frida(F)...~
Tangelo Island, June 2nd...~
~Rank: 48,420...~
~Reactions: Adrianne, Reggie...~

"Losses always hurt. Me and Baba here know that too well" Briar couldn't help but to think about her former dance club when she spoke of loss. She bit her lip, she was not going to make this about herself. Reggie mentioned talking about it more later, to which Briar lifted her sunglasses to her forehead revealing her bright orange eyes.

"Sure thing, hun. No pressure" Briar said. Despite her usual behavior, Briar genuinely cared about those she considered friends. She turned to look at Adrianne and Elsie. She chuckled at Adrianne's kid comment.

"You're only young once. Might as well enjoy it while you can" Briar replied. She didn't know who this sentret trainer was, but Adrianne was pretty welcoming of the to them. They didn't look like a terrorist or dying so Briar decided to give them the benefit of a doubt.

"Whatever you day, Sugar. Ah-Heheh!"

~Buck Gamble...~
~Rank: 99,987...~
~Buck Pokémon: Braviary/Marshal(M), Mudbray/Tony(M)...~
~Location: Route 19...~
~Interactions: N/A...~

Marshal sat atop Buck's shoulders, and with a now healed up Tony by his side, he walked down the road alongside the tall grass. Marshal held his head up high. Occasionally stretching his large wings out and flapping up gusts of wind . Tony's ears flopped around each time. Tony was too busy nervously looking through the grass.

Buck was hoping to get some experience from fighting wild pokémon or possibly finding some more trainers. Maybe battle someone else at the trainer school before taking on the gym leader. At some point Buck found himself face to face with a wild purrloin. It showed its claws as a sign it was ready for a fight. Though after Tony hit it with mud slap the altercation ended with purrloin fleeing. Seeing it run made Tony curious and must have helped with his confidence. Not enough to make him act any braver, but he definitely felt good in the moment. He hopped up and down excitedly stomping his hooves in the ground.

Buck even went on to fight two additional trainers. One whom had a pidove and the other had a ratatta and a pidgey. After a quick trip to the pokécenter, Buck would be back out on route 19 again for maybe one or two more battles. He'd camp the night in the woods and challenge the gym leader just to get a good feel of adventuring life. It was going well so far. Little steps now, but they were going places.

Celia Besnard
July 6th; Route 7, Riviere Walk, Berry Fields Kalos

It was thanks to Azumi's quick thinking and reaction that Celia wasn't even more injured. Of course, she noticed Luan using Endure once again, and she braced herself. Covering one's ears was very difficult when you were holding a Metapod. Even after the Bug Buzz faded, she felt herself a bit weaker and her head pounded from the noise. Luan, despite getting some energy back from the Gardevior, was not in good shape. Psy wasn't doing too good either. The Life Dew helped keep them up, but if either one of them was to be attacked again, well let's just say she hoped that the Yanmega wouldn't be able to grab them before she could return them. Despite Dawn not really being helpful fighting-wise when it came to flying opponents, she could easily help them out of this situation. Celia recalled both of her Pokemon, moved closer to Monty and the gate, and then sent out Dawn. "Wish, Dawn. Luan needs your help." Dawn gave off a white glow and an image of a shooting star appeared over her head. Celia recalled Dawn and switched back to Luan. "Don't attack just yet, use Work Up. And keep your distance for now. Wait for the Wish to help us out here."

Last edited:

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

"If you beat the gym, that means we're on equal grounds!"

HUH?

"Wait, that's... that's not—"

And JJ was gone. Off to the PokeMart. Hubert stared blankly, not exactly sure what to say as he watched the trainer disappear. What kind of logic... oh well. The mention of buying some items prompted him to check his own inventory, and he sifted through his backpack to find a decent amount of Pokeballs and Potions amidst his general necessities. Fairly confident in his current stock of supplies, he opted to immediately hit the grind, still feeling fresh after his win in the recent Double Battle. Of course, with a little exploring of the city along the way.

- - -

Castelia really was massive. Navigating the long, bustling streets and squeezing past crowds of salarymen and pedestrians from various ways of life had proven no easy feat, but Hubert pressed on, using his newly earned prize money to procure some souvenirs and tasty treats. Still not much sign of trainers willing to battle, but he was sure he'd encounter them when the time called for it; in the meantime, why not enjoy the metropolitan life? Maybe if he started making his way to the gym, Hubert would increase his chances of finding like-minded trainers who could help him warm up. Currently standing in the central area near the fountain, he checked the map of Castelia City on his Xtranceiver and made for what should be the road leading to the gym, when...

"Hey, you're a trainer, aren't ya?"

Suddenly, a voice cut in, not JJ's, interrupting his train of thought. Turning to find the source, Hubert found himself locking eyes with a man, visibly older than him, dressed in business formal attire. A smug glint shone in his eyes, and the Luxury Ball in his hand reflected the light of the streetlamps, catching Hubert's eye.

"Heard about two trainers who beat the Dancing Monkey Duo pretty handily not too long ago; I'm guessing one of them might be you. I'll hazard a guess and assume you're also planning to challenge Burgh while you're here?"

What was this guy, a stalker? Hubert maintained an innocent but faltering smile as he listened to the stranger until he was done before answering.

"Uh, yeah. Taking the first step in my League Challenge and all. Is there something I can help you with?"

The businessman laughed, still carrying a haughty demeanor as he amped up his condescending attitude, as if attempting to intimidate Hubert with his age.

"You even have to ask? I've beaten Burgh already; since you seem so confident that the League Challenge'll be such a cakewalk, I suppose I'll have to step up as your upperclassman and keep you humble. Give you a taste of the strength of a WCS trainer ranked in the 80,000s."

WCS? Hubert's confusion melted into a smirk of his own, a plan hatching before his eyes. Suddenly, he turned back to the Xtranceiver on his wrist, swiping and tapping at the screen to check a particular number and put it on display. When he found what he'd been looking for, a flash of light burst from his device, as a holographic image sprouted from the screen and projected a big, bold 99,999. Returning his attention to the businessman, he smiled once again, though his mostly innocent gesture held just a twinge of underlying mischief. If only JJ were also here to see this.

"Well, I can't exactly say 'no' to that offer now, can I? I do hope you'll take it a little easy on me, being my upperclassman and all, but why not up the stakes a little higher? Let's make this a battle for rank. I'm only ranked in the 90,000s, so I could use the practice."

The salaryman's grin grew wider, thoroughly enticed by the prospect of advancing higher in the WCS ranking.

"You got it, kid. I could never say no to an extra bonus like that. Don't be too down when I take this home!"

On cue, a Rotom descended from the evening sky, chirping excitedly as it declared the battle official. One-on-one, one Pokemon each.

"Let the battle between Trainer Hubert and Trainer Atticus... begin!"

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Seda was knocked back by the Yanmega's move, the Feints added into the Bug Buzz caught the bug type off guard as the attack bypassed her Silk Trap and hit their target. Fortunately, she was able to avoid a full knock out thanks to Nana's Life Dew. Getting back up, the Spidops walked off the damage and continued to follow the Absol.

As the vicious Bug Buzz ended, Beatrice stumbled back on her feet. Vallace had guided her away from the centerpoint of the attacks, but she still didn't escape the experience without some bruises. Luckily, the Life Dew given out by a Gardevoir helped mitigate the discomfort. "Keep moving, we're nearing the gate." The girl said out loud, her pokemon rallying behind her as they continued their path to lure the Yanmega off of the farmlands. "Let's keep drawing its attention this way. Seda, use String Shot!" Hearing the command through her earpiece, the Spidops shot a silky string at the opposing Bug pokemon, aiming for its eyes to cause the most irritation.

Last edited:
“Sometimes working overtime is okay! Let’s get this promotion, Growlithe!

With an arrogant grin and delighted giggle, Atticus eagerly flung his Luxury Ball onto the field, summoning his chosen partner. A flash of lustrous golden light burst forth from the overpriced capsule, morphing into the silhouette of a canine figure, and as it dispersed, the Puppy Pokemon was revealed, letting out a confident bark. Hubert’s smile, originally carrying feigned innocence, now revealed his true emotions, instead laced with eager determination. He retrieved Comet’s Pokeball from his bag, tapped and held it to his forehead, and sent his own partner onto the field as well.

“Let’s roll, Comet! Show ‘em what we got!”

As the Automaton Pokemon emerged from the capsule, it let out a mechanized, warbling roar, and its stone-like feet kicked up dust as they landed onto the ground with a heavy crash. Matching the spirit of its trainer, its emerald eyes radiated confidence and leered intensely at the Growlithe before it. The standoff lasted for a brief but tense few seconds before Atticus made the first move.

“Everyone knows that being a successful corporate employee takes initiative! Growlithe, use [Bite]!”

The Growlithe barked in response and dashed forward, baring his fangs as he lunged towards the Golett with jaws open wide. Hubert let out a dry chuckle under his breath as he watched Growlithe approach. Aiming for super effective damage off the rip, huh? Not to mention, Comet wasn’t exactly the fastest, so avoiding this would prove difficult. In that case…

“We’ll meet him head on, Comet! Use [Iron Defense] and stop him in his tracks!”

Comet grunted and readied itself, assuming a low, defensive stance. Its chassis began to glow with the luster of refined steel, and as Growlithe sank his fangs into its body, the Golett withstood what should have been a great deal of damage, but was now substantially reduced. Only letting out a slight groan of pain, Comet pushed through the attack and reached out with a hand in an attempt to grab Growlithe for a counterattack. Atticus, noticing the effort, gritted his teeth and called out urgently.

“Growlithe, get out of there with [Agility]!”

Growlithe yelped and relaxed his body, increasing his speed in order to run away to safety. Comet had nearly grabbed the scruff of the Puppy Pokemon’s neck, but the sudden speed boost caused its target to slip away by just a hair. Atticus heaved a sigh of relief, while Hubert clicked his tongue with amused irritation.

“Way to go, Growlithe! Let’s whittle it down with your high speed, now—keep pelting it with [Bite]!”

Now able to dart around at breakneck pace, the gap in speed between Growlithe and Comet had widened. The Puppy Pokemon now dashed in and out to repeatedly inflict super effective hit after super effective hit, then retreat safely before the Golett could attempt to counter. Atticus grinned with satisfaction, looking up to fire a smug smirk at Hubert as he seemed to gain the upper hand. However, Hubert’s smile didn’t fade, as unbeknownst to Atticus, an idea began to take form and flow through his mind.

“Hang in there, Comet! Use [Iron Defense] again and keep taking those hits, and wait for the opportune moment.”

Comet nodded and let out a determined grunt, steeling itself once again and sharply raising its defenses as it withstood bite after bite. The Growlithe had no need to change his plan, simply attacking and retreating without a care, but with all the dust his feet kicked up as he ran, no one would be able to notice the ominous aura beginning to emanate around the Automaton Pokemon in thin but dense wisps. No one except Hubert. Who’d been watching intently, tracing the Growlithe’s movements with the eye of a Staraptor, waiting for the opportune moment just as he’d instructed Comet to. And finally, when it seemed his partner couldn’t withstand another attack…

“NOW! Use [Shadow Punch]!”

With a ferocious roar, the Golett abruptly turned to face Growlithe, who’d been fast approaching to attack once again, and brought an arm back. The Puppy Pokemon let out a startled yelp, surprised at how suddenly his target had reacted to his speed. Screeching to a halt, he tried as best as he could to dart to the side and change his path, but no creature could pull off such a maneuver with such high speed and momentum.

Not to mention, this attack was unavoidable anyway.

Comet’s fist was cloaked in a deep black and indigo energy, its sinister haze almost tangible to its target. Growlithe whimpered with fear as it continued to struggle, but his momentum could only carry him forward, straight into the approaching fist. With a heavy THUD!, Growlithe was effectively clotheslined by Comet’s arm, crashing into the ground conscious but visibly dazed. Hubert’s grin grew wider, and he gave instruction for the finishing move.

“That’s it! Now, let’s finish this with [Stomping Tantrum]!”

The Growlithe, still weakened and stunned from the sudden counterattack from Comet, was now helpless to defend against the Golett, who had now leapt into the air and began its fast descent feet-first directly into its opponent. The 92 kilo automaton landed onto Growlithe with a super effective CRASH!, and when the resultant cloud of dust settled, the battle was decided.

“Trainer Atticus’ Growlithe is no longer able to battle. Victory goes to Trainer Hubert!”

Hubert smiled brightly as the results were announced, running over to congratulate Comet as Atticus swore under his breath and recalled Growlithe with a frown.

“Way to go, Comet! You took that beating like a champ!”

Turning to glance at the pouting businessman, he grinned once again, his eyes sparkling with fake innocence once again.

“Thanks for taking it easy on me, sir. Good fight!”

Continuing to mutter to himself, Atticus waved a hand in dismissal and trudged off defeatedly. Hubert chuckled softly before recalling Comet and clipping the Pokeball to his backpack.

“Alright, time to get you healed up after that battle, eh?”

However, as he began heading for the Pokemon Center, he felt a shaking sensation coming from his backpack and traveling through his body. Hubert turned to glance back at the Pokeballs hanging from it, only to notice that two of them were trembling with what seemed like excited urgency. Quickly understanding what it meant, Hubert smiled and held the two capsules in his hand, speaking to both Reaper and Phantasm within them.

“You both got fired up from that, didn’t you? Don’t worry, you’ll get your chance before we challenge Burgh. Let’s get that done once Comet’s all good to go.”

WCS RANK: 99,999 -> 92,133

- - -

Finally, Hubert stood at the door of the Castelia City Gym, eyes wide awake despite the later hour of the evening. He and his team had gotten ample practice from multiple trainers, though none of them had been JJ. Had to fulfill the terms of their match, after all. Speaking of his companion, he'd already sent a message announcing his arrival at the gym, so JJ would be meeting him soon enough.

Finally ready for my Gym Battle; come cheer me on if you got the time!

Taking a deep breath, Hubert exhaled heavily to clear his mind, and with a confident smile, he opened the double doors and stepped inside.

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin, Gordon the Mankey
WCS Rank: 80,906

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob), Elsie Titanlia (ThePlayfulFox)

Reggie chuckled at Adrianne's comment about her not being a little kid. Given she felt like a sister he never had, that was debatable. He ignored the comment about loss, knowing that it was indeed something to learn from but he simply didn't want to be reminded of it. At least Briar, as strong as she looked, had her own losses which had Reggie feeling a bit better. But still, Briar was so strong and Adrianne was just getting better and better, while he was either stagnating or getting worse...

It was definitely not a good feeling.

Just as they were heading out, a girl approached them and he blinked a bit in surprise. Not from her, but from the pink, spotted Sentret on her shoulder. "Uh... What's that?" He asked, then sheepishly chuckled. "Uh, sorry, didn't mean to be rude there. But I've never seen a pink Sentret before. Is it a new regional variant or because it ate those pink berries on one of these islands?" He wasn't so sure, but it looked adorable.

"Anyway, I don't mind if you tag along. We're just going into the Pokemon Park to have fun before we leave for Mikan Island tomorrow. Or tonight, if we're so eager to go." He smiled at Adrianne and Briar before turning on his heel to walk towards the park. "Come on, we can talk and walk as we go. Only so much daylight is left. I'm Reginald, but you can just call me Reggie. And that's Briar and Baba." He pointed to Briar and the Grafaiai, and then he pointed to the Mankey resting on his backpack. "That's Gordon the Mankey, OH, yeah, Adrianne, found a name for him. Huh..." He then thought why the Mankey wanted to be out of his Pokeball now. Was it the Pokemon Park?

Reggie wondered if the Mankey had a home here...

Last edited:

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:59 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

A furious screech grated against Esther’s ears. She risked another glance over her shoulder, spotting Oracle’s doppels as they kited Yanmega away from the battlefield. Was it really that good of an idea to provoke the bug that much? A volley of ember, a wave of flames, spools of thread—the Yanmega seemed beset on all sides by attacks, but it only had eyes for Oracle. The Yanmega shot forward, leaving behind a white streak as it wove around the wave of flames and rushed down Oracle!

It seemed to Esther that the Yanmega didn’t care to avoid the volley of embers or other hindering attacks. Were they too weak? Did Monty have any way to boost the firepower of his Houndour? And could they do anything to make those stringshots more durable? The threads from Beatrice’s arachnid pokémon were all but shredded as they neared the high-frequency waves released by Yanmega’s wings. Was that «Air Slash»?

Whatever that attack was, it was scything down trees and carving up the land as Yanmega tried to deal a vicious blow to the Oracle clones. For Monty’s sake, Esther hoped he’d thought through how he was going to escape Yanmega…since it was faster than Oracle and all.

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Winter Gear
Climbing Gear
Swimwear

Thursday, July 24th – 7:45 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha 』​

Reina might’ve had a head start, but Esther had her rollerskates. It only took her a few moments to clip them onto her shoes and then she was off to the races! Wheels had never felt so good as she skated past Reina, blowing a raspberry as she passed her. Truly, the Metzilian never stood a chance—Esther was a rollerblader, she was built for speed.

Naturally, Esther won with room to spare. By the time Reina arrived, the Oblivian had already chosen her first mon and was lazily tossing the pokéball up and down. She snickered as Reina complained. “Just take your shoes off, the sand is still warm, it’ll be pleasant.” The Oblivian let her voice fall as she stalked over to the far side of the beach; she wet her lips.

“Let’s do this! You’re up first, Çiera!” Her first choice was Bounsweet! Çiera had already warmed up from today’s battle against that kid and his Yanma but Esther owed her a better showing than that.

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Beatrice eyes the Yanmega disappear into a blur, heading straight for the Absol that had invoked its wrath. The girl pressed down on her ear piece. "Seda, Sucker Punch." In an instant, the Spidops seemingly vanished. In the next, the Trap pokemon suddenly reappeared next to the Yanmega in flight. With the Ogre Darner pokemon’s sole focus being on its target, Seda used this opening and threw a right hook aimed at the opposing pokemon's head. Swinging with her entire body.

July 24th, Cianwood City, Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez, Rank 29,574.

"I am taking, them, off!" She fell backwards as the last boot finally came off.

Reina got up and dusted herself, tossing her boot next to the other. "Okay, let's do this!" The excitement in her voice couldn't be more obvious. "I've been wanting to fight with Maya, so let's show them our power, go!"

The ball opened up in the air as Reina tried to get as much distance between her and Esther as possible. The Dragonair came out, jumping into the ocean right away before slithering out. She gave Esther and her Pokemon a mean look, before rushing over to Reina, circling around her and setting her chin on Reina's head.

"Okay Maya, let's show Esther what we can do! Twister!"

The dragon slid forward, whipping her tail towards the Bounsweet, creating a small gust of whirling wind that caught sand up in the process, creating a small tornado like effect, heading directly towards the grass type.

Look inside bud! We're already here, let me know if the girl next to me is cute.

Jayden replied to the text message, a grin on his face as he took a sit on the bleachers. He made sure to sit next to a girl, hopping she would notice how cool he was and his Electrivire. After they had eating a delicious Castelia Cone, they had gone to check out the wcs battle website, only to see Hubert's battle live. Therefore, as soon as he saw him claim victory, JJ had made a run for the gym.

"Pay attention Ele, this guy is going to be our rival!"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:46 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

Dragonair—Esther wet her lips, as she watched the serpentine dragon shoot off into the pitch-black waters. Reina really wasn’t pulling her punches, but that was well and good, Esther would have it no other way.

While Maya enjoyed her dip in the water, the Oblivian hastily pulled up her music playlist and set her battle music to play. The speakers on her pokétch crackled to life as Reina called for Twister, the singer started—‘No time to question my moves! I stick to the path that I choose—’

Perfect! Esther punched forward, letting the music flow through her, embracing the lyrics and zeroing in on the fight. Her eyes narrowed.

“Watch that sand Çiera!” Twister tore across the beach, but neither Esther nor Çiera were perturbed. As the maelstrom of draconic energy neared, it was possible to see the way sand particles shifted as they were flung about by the winds. That’s what Esther was waiting on!

“«Rapid Spin» in the direction of Twister!”

The Twister swept over Çiera but instead of resisting, the Bounsweet spun with the Twister. Her petals were spread as far as they could go, gathering the twister's winds to provide extra lift. Soon enough the sweet fruit pokémon was being lifted into the air, riding the powerful air currents created by Twister and, with her added spin, rising fast!

Çiera weathered some damage, she would still be buffeted by the violent draconic energies of the twister as well as whatever debris it might've picked up, but that was unavoidable. Esther's goal here wasn't to avoid damage but to mitigate it. The less time Çiera spent inside the twister, the better!

Eventually, Çiera was thrown out to the top of the Twister, flying sky-high! The Grass type’s rotund body overlapped with the moon, surrounding her with a white glow as Esther called for— “«Magical Leaf»!”

The pair of spinning leaves on Çiera’s head glowed multi-colored and she whipped downward, sending the empowered leaves straight at Dragonair!

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Last edited:
Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

Shit, shit, shit! Plan A was working, but as the Yanmega surged forward Monty lamented the fact it might be working too well. They were almost off the farm, but everything they were throwing at the insect was doing nothing to slow it down. The only thing that was working in their favor was the Yanmega keeping to a straight course—

A move Monty would recognize anywhere caught his eye, and he watched in horror as the spider-thing nigh-teleported for a physical attack on the Yanmega. <<Sucker Punch>> was a solid move, but couldn't the new girl see that wasn't what they needed right now?! The monstrous insect was unphased by the arachnid's strike, and Monty gritted his teeth as it vibrated its massive wings for a point blank <<Air Slash>>.

Damn it, that would be one less 'mon on the board for them. He had to retake control— "Oracle! Hit and run! Keep its focus on you! Chauffe, <<Howl>> then stay on me!" To his two human teammates, the Kalosian barked, "Get to the gate! We'll lock it down just outside the farm!"

Monty had an idea for a big takedown, but how could they keep the Yanmega in place long enough for it to work? <<String Shot>> was overall uneffective, or at least the single strands were, but if they could be woven together they'd be stronger. Maybe if they were shot side-by-side?

Resigned to trust in his partner's capabilities, Monty spun back around and sprinted through the final stretch to the gate with Chauffemagne hot on his heels. The Houndour threw his head back and unleashed a hearty AWOOO! while he ran, and in a few moments they passed through the tall wooden structure.

While her teammates high-tailed it, Oracle and her clones spun and faced the Yanmega. She felt invigorated by Chauffemagne's <<Howl>>, and she was more than ready to rend the insect's wings from its carapace. Even so, the Queen was aware that even one more direct hit could take her down and the spider's failure was all the proof she needed—a head on strike wasn't her best move.

Very well, useless Monty. She'd go with his plan. The Absol CRACKLED! and POPPED! as she channeled her desire to rip into her opponent, and she and four clones FLASHED! up into the air; <<Sucker Punch>>. The true Oracle caught the Yanmega in the head just after it fired its <<Air Slash>> at the spider, thudding off of it with little effect, while the rest either missed or halted just before they reached it.

She watched the Yanmega's eyes shift to her upon impact, but Oracle was close and her <Pressure> could slow it down just enough that she could still get another hit in. Energy flowed into her horn and it glowed a deep black, and she WRENCHED! it down onto the Yanmega's neck; <<Night Slash>>!

Her luck would run out before long, though, and the Queen wasn't going to stay and find out when. Her legs CRACKLED! again as she pushed off of the Yanmega and FLASHED! down to the ground. The gate was close, and her flash step could carry her far; useless Monty and the other humans had better be ready!

July 24th, Cianwood City, Reina Amaranta Esmeralda de la Santa Cruz Caballero Cortez, Rank 29,574.

"Whoa!" Reina called out as the short grass Pokemon shot into the sky, the moonlight making her look extra special. "Here it comes!"

Reina covered her eyes as the Magical Leaf hit Maya and the sand around her, causing dust and bits to fly everywhere. Despite the sand shower, Reina had a smile on her face. "You want to move fast, we can move fast!" Reina removed her forearm from her view, her eyes igniting as she pointed at the water. "Extreme Speed, Aqua Tail, go!"

Maya's orb glowed she basically disappeared from view. Once second she was rushing through the ocean and the second she was behind Çiera, her tail swung back, covered in a veil of water and ready to smack down on the Bounsweet!

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

Azumi looked at Nana, "Life Dew again!"

While the Gardevoir poured blue energy into the are around her, Azumi recalled the Lucario. It seemed the plan was working. Her blue eyes focused on the enemy as she reached for a Pokeball in her bag. "Almost there..." She told herself as the sphere grew in size. "Now!"

As soon as the Yanmega went after Monty and his team, Azumi took a step back, Pokeball in hand, swung her back as far as possible and threw it. The Yanmega had left the farm and Azumi's Pokeball opened right in front of the front gate.

Boom!

The earth shook as the giant fossil Pokemon landed, positioning himself between the big bug and the berry farm. The blue Tyrantrum roared loudly, smashing his tail on the ground and setting his eyes on the opponent. "Edward! Just make sure it doesn't cross over!"

The was the plan all along, Monty and the rest didn't have to hold back anymore, nothing was going to get past the dinosaur wall. "Nana, keep using Life Dew, I want those trees nice and healthy!"

While the Life Dew couldn't make the trees grow its branches back, it could save them from any serious damage, at least that was Azumi's logic. "Edward, whatever you do, do not fight it! I don't want you destroying what you're protecting!"

The T-Rex groaned in annoyance, but obeyed. The last thing he wanted was to be scolded by Nana. She was a monster amongst monsters.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym - July 24​

Like I could see that far! Tell me whether or not she's cute yourself LMAO

Hubert typed back his response with a snicker, though as he emerged onto the battlefield and looked over at the spectator stands, it indeed happened to be rather easy to spot his friend... or more so, the hulking Electivire beside him. Hubert shot a subtle but humored smirk at JJ before returning his eyes to the field, waiting intently for his opponent to make his grand entrance.

"You ready, team? This is where we officially get started. Time to make a name for ourselves."

Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

“Meet it head on, «Rapid Spin» into «Play Rough»!”

Extreme Speed was fast, extremely fast. Faster even than other priority moves like Quick Attack & Aqua Jet. Çiera barely had time for one turn before Aqua Tail was bearing down on her! Her body glowed, the twinkle fairy dust appearing just as she collided with Aqua Tail.

Esther watched the collision keenly but wasn’t surprised when Çiera was sent cratering into the sand and into unconsciousness. It was a shame, but that was the tyranny of strength. Alright, then who was next? “Return, good work Çiera.”

Twister, Aqua Tail, Extreme Speed… in that case— “Alright Susu «Aqua Jet» into «Hydro Pump»!”

The beach lit up as Susu’s pokéball popped open, a burst of water engulfing its body as it sped towards Dragonair—Susu’s expression was uncharacteristically series as it whirled its antennae around and released a powerful…trickle of water. Fudge, still no go on Hydro Pump? Esther bit her lip as Susu deflated.

“Don’t worry, we’ll master it—switch to «Special Bubblebeam» and aim at the water!”

Quickly regaining her wits, Susu blasted a flurry of bubbles at the ocean below her. The patented special bouncy bubbles they had created for the Whirl Cup returned as they were able to rest on the ocean's surface to create a floating minefield.

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

July 24
Burgh
Castelia Gym,
Unova​
Interactions: Hubert Lee (@OmnipotentOnion)

The light cut and the gym plunged into darkness! With a trio of loud clicks, three spotlights flared to life; the high-power beams scoured the gym, were they searching for something? Suddenly, one of the spotlights focused on the center of the battlefield and revealed a referee! When had he arrived? How had he gotten onto the field with nary a sound? That was a mystery indeed!

“Ladies & Gentlemen, boys & girls, welcome to the Castelia City Gym! Today, we’ve gathered to witness the first steps of an aspiring trainer. Give it up for our challenger, HUBERT…LEE!”

The spotlight swiveled to illuminate Hubert and soft cheers filled the air. The Castelia crowd seemed to be a more subdued sort; guess that was part of the whole part-Gym-part-Art-Exhibit-part-Insect-Terrerium set-up.

“And defending the honor of Castelia Gym we have Castelia's top artist, the buggy bachelor—BURGH!”

Once more the spotlight swiveled, illuminating the Gym Leader’s box and—WHAT? The Gym Leader’s box…it was still empty! The spotlight searched once more before a call came from the crowd—“Up there!”

The light soared and landed on a large silken cacoon descending from the ceiling! As the cacoon touched down in the gym leader’s box it burst open to reveal the Gym leader himself.

Burgh swished his cacoon like a buggy cape and threw it off— “Lights, please! It’s time to show the people what Bug-types are all about!”

The Gym’s lights flashed back on, illuminating the battlefield as Burgh tossed out his first pokémon—Dwebble!

"I love that trick!" Reina called out while Maya landed on the sand. "But this isn't the Whirl Cup, Maya let's use Twister to gather those up!"

The Dragonair's orb began to glow once more as she created a vortex in front of her. She slapped it away with her tail and watched as the Twister began sucking the bubbles into it, not all of them that is.

"Extreme Speed once more!"

Just like that, Maya was gone from sight, ready to pounce the spider Pokémon.

"Let's go Hubert!" JJ cupped his hands and yelled his lungs out, followed by a loud Booo for the gym leader. "You're going down Burgh! My bud is going to clean the floor with your face!"

Ele pumped his fists together, eager to watch the battle unfold. The electric type wanted to see what the bug artist would use this time, to learn his tactics so he could defeat him.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym - July 24​

Startled for but a moment when the lights were shut off abruptly, Hubert couldn't help but grin as Burgh pulled out all the stops to make his entrance as theatrical as possible with all of his artistic flair. As the Gym Leader flung off his cape and summoned his first Pokemon, Hubert wasted no time in bringing out his own, once again touching the Pokeball of his chosen ally to his forehead before throwing it onto the field.

"Let's give 'em a fight to remember—go, Comet!"

With a flash of azure light, the Automaton Pokemon emerged from his capsule, roaring in its digitized, warbled voice and staring down the Dwebble before it with emerald eyes that burned with determination.

"The battle will be conducted in one-versus-one format. Both battlers have three Pokemon each, and victory will be given to the trainer with at least one ally still standing. Now, let the battle begin!"

As soon as the referee officially signaled the start of the battle with a blow of his whistle, Hubert's smile grew wider as he immediately made the first move.

"We'll start slow and ramp things up, if you don't mind! Comet, fortify yourself with [Iron Defense]!"

Similarly to its bout with Atticus' Growlithe, the Golett warbled as its chassis was bolstered with the hardness of steel, sharply raising its defense to begin the battle. However, in this case, Comet had no super effective attack that could quickly incapacitate the Rock Inn Pokemon, who sported strong moves of their own which would deal wicked damage to both Reaper and Phantasm. So with [Iron Defense], the ancient golem was now more prepared for what would ultimately be a clash of raw power.

Last edited:

Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

In hindsight, she should’ve seen that twister coming from a mile away. Whatever, one twister wouldn’t be enough to cripple her strategy! “Full speed Susu, «Aqua Jet» into that Twister then «Bubblebeam»—flood it!”

Jets of water surged around Susu as she sped towards the twister, a race against whether she could reach the twister first or if Extreme speed would reach her. Esther’s plan was simple. Twisters were renowned for their destructive potential in not only picking things up with their powerful wind force but also throwing them around. Once Dragonair’s twister hit the water it wouldn’t only be picking up bubbles, it would also pick up seawater as well. Once the Twister became a waterspout, it would become the perfect hiding place for Susu. Sure, she would take continuous damage, but with all the water she would at least resist the damage somewhat and it still leagues better than getting one shot by Dragonair.

From within the twister, she could add more bubbles until the Twister started throwing out the bubbles at random!

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

July 24
Burgh
Castelia Gym,
Unova​

Burgh chuckled but said nothing more. “Follow suit Dwebble, «Withdraw»!”

If the challlenger wanted to turn this into a match of attrition, then Burgh would happily oblige. Dwebble tucked into its shell and hunkered down, using water type energy to fortify itself against future attacks. Golett might be able to raise its defense faster as Iron Defense provided more defensive benefit than Withdraw, but Dwebble’s higher natural defense meant it wasn’t too far behinid when it came to raw bulk. If things really continued down this path then Dwebble would eventually become even more fortified than Golett!

"If we can create it, we can unmake it, er or something like that..." Reina struggled to remember the saying but decided to focus back on the fight. "Maya, Dragon Tail!"

The dragon appeared finally above the vortex, her tail gaining a bright glow as she slammed down the Tiwster, splitting it in half and bursting the water and bubbles away. Of course, some of the bubbles exploded upon contact, causing some damage to the Dragonair.

The blue serpent dove into the water, disappearing under the waves.

"Get ready Esther! Maya coming in with a big one!" As Reina spoke, the water began to whirl.

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City Gym​

"Tch, should've known he'd just do the same. Don't let it keep up, Comet! [Mega Punch]!"

Immediately heeding its trainer's instruction, Comet immediately dashed forward, tightening its fist and encasing it in pure, bright energy. Golett wasn't particularly fast, nor was this attack as accurate as most, but hopefully unbeknownst to Burgh, Hubert was counting on exactly that. Surely a Gym Leader like Burgh would also be aware of a potential ability for Golett known as Iron Fist, which would further strengthen the incoming attack, and at least take some caution.

With a fierce roar, Comet reached back before lunging forward with its glowing fist, its attempt to land a direct hit on Dwebble more than transparent. Hit or miss, Hubert's smile didn't waver, preparing for either outcome.

Thursday, July 24th – 7:47 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​

Time for a tactical switch! “Susu, return for now; Īstha, you’re up next!”

Esther moved quickly as she returned Surskit and replaced it with her Feebas. This would be Feebas’ first official battle since joining Esther’s team and what better time than now? And even more importantly, what better choice for an underwater battle? Feebas dove into the water and disappeared from sight. Esther briefly wondered how they were supposed to continue their battle if both pokémon were out of sight, but she quickly tossed that thought to the side and pressed forward.

“Use «Tackle»!”

Esther obviously couldn’t see what was happening beneath the pitch darkness of the water, but she imagined Feebas had rushed forward to batter the dragon type with a scaly tackle!

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

July 24
Burgh
Castelia Gym,
Unova​

“Once more Dwebble, «Withdraw»!” Burgh folded his arms and watched as Golett charged over to Dwebble who once more retreated into its shell and began to fortify its defenses. Mega Punch hadn’t been a move he’d expected from Golett, but neither was the move particularly concerning. Between Dwebble’s heightened defenses and its rock typing…well…the results spoke for themselves.

Golett’s fist slammed into Dwebble’s rocky shell which shook slightly, but otherwise didn’t seem to cause much in the way of damage. Hubert was going to have to come up with something stronger if he wanted to shake up the rock crab pokémon. And then, to add insult to injury… “Counterattack Dwebble, «Feint Attack»!”

Dark Energy surrounded Dwebble’s claws as it peeked out of its shell and began to stagger about with drunken steps. Feint Attack allowed it to obscure its movements to deliver an unpredictable attack that zeroed in on its target!

Firey Argentston, Rank 26, On Flight to Petalburg Woods, Hoenn, July 24th.
Milliana Barlowe, Unranked (Will eventually be 106,929), Snowpoint City, Sinnoh, June 20th. Interactions: @Clite of Dragonbow (Shiro)

Milliana had been following her Klefki, keeping an eye on her Pokémon when the Fairy and Steel Type flew into the Trainer's Face, but stopping short, more in front of the trainer, as the Cubchoo jumped off the boy's shoulder. She then stopped in her path, and then went around the trainer and the Cubchoo. She then returned her Klefki.

"S-sorry about m-my K-klefki, it t-tends to t-try and p-prank p-people b-by t-trying t-to s-steal t-their k-keys. M-Milliana B-Barlowe, S-steel T-type S-specialist." Milliana responded, "T-typically, D-Duraludon s-stops K-klefki before I-it can g-get this f-far."

A Pokéball on her belt Shook as Milliana grabbed a hold of that Pokéball, knowing which one would do that. She then felt the ball calm down, placing it back on her belt.

"I-I'm l-looking f-for t-the p-professor's l-lab, a-am I-I a-anywhere n-near t-there?"

Emmaline Marissa "Emma" Argentston, Rank 48,679, Cianwood City, Johto, July 24th. Interactions: Reina (@Hecotoro )

Emma looked at the young woman, noting that she still seemed down. Her Volcarona watched her and Reina, as Sliggoo let themselves out again, this time closer to the water.

"Some time in the water would be perfect for Sliggoo here." Emma responded, "I came out here to relax myself, seems like a good idea."

As Emma sat down, Volcarona watched, making sure that nothing happened.

Firey Argentston, Rank 26, The Battle Maze, Hoenn, July 24th.

As Firey arrived at the House, he looked at his wife and her Dragapult, who was getting used to patrol rounds. Can't have any Poachers trying to take the Pokémon Here, as a couple were in rehabilitation. His wife answered the door as a staff member came with a message.

"Maze Guardian, a Pokémon was sighted in the Petalburg Woods that had people concerned due to the pattern of its wings, and its confused behavior, they want you to check it out."

"Thank you, I'm heading out, I'm leaving most of the team here so nothing happens to them, I'll take Burny, Drapion, Kommo-o, Mudsdale, Carbink, and Metagross." Firey told the staff member, "Tell them the Maze Guardian is on his way."

Firey grabbed the Pokéballs of each of those Pokémon, plus Salamence's so he could get from the Island to Petalburg Woods as fast as possible. As such, he got Salamence out.

"Honey, I'm heading out, should be back tomorrow."

Ariana gave him a hug, worry on her face.

"Please, be careful, I love you."

"Love you too, Honey."

The two let go, then Firey boarded his Salamence, a saddle was seen this time as he had to fly to Mainland Hoenn, with camping gear in the saddlebags.

"Alright, Salamence, Petalburg Woods."

The Dragon and Flying Type flew off with her trainer on board, heading off towards the Petalburg Woods.

Wild Vivillon, Petalburg Woods, July 24th.

The Forest near Route 104 had Pokémon running away from a butterfly like creature, who looked sad. Her wings were blue and white, as she flew along, some sort of purple powder was falling over the Pokémon. From what Inexperienced trainers in the forest were seeing, Pokémon were getting poisoned. Several had tried to catch her, but she was Defensive about herself, and had quickly knocked out two trainers Pokémon due to other Moves she knew.

A trainer ran as fast as they could to the Pokémon Center in Petalburg City. When they arrived, they talked to the Pokémon Center and the Pokémon Center contacted the Maze Guardian.

"He is on the way to investigate what happened."

Back in the forest, The strange Pokémon had stopped the purple powder, and due to being spotted, had released a Gold Powder as she fled further into the forest. Wurmple and Tailow were very confused about this Pokémon and curious about her. When they approached, they suddenly fell to the ground, having difficulties Moving. She then retreated further into the Forest.

As Firey was flying on his Salamence, he spotted the Petalburg Woods, aiming to land just outside of the Woods on Route 104 to prepare his team of Metagross, Drapion, Burny, alongside, Kommo-o, Mudsdale, and Carbink. Pokémon Rangers had been blocking the Entrance.

"Mr. Maze Guardian, you made it."

"I got a call about a concerning Pokémon after my Island had to be put on Lockdown due to Gabite doing his usual, which is running off towards the top of the mountain, but that had been ending in various Attacks thrown at him. My Blaziken had to stop the Hydreigon that is up there this time. We've found a Release location for her, in the Isle of Armor, nice spot, sending my staff to look at it on the twenty-seventh in advance of her arrival on August ninth."

"That's good to hear. The concerning Pokémon had retreated further into the forest about two hours before you got here, judging from what happened to the wild Pokémon, they seemed to be hit with various spores and powders, such as Stun Spore, Poison Powder, and Sleep Powder. It last Threw Sleep Powder, and has affected approximately twenty-five Pokémon ranging from Wurmple to even a Trainer's Hitmonlee. Mostly wild Wurmple and the likes of Pokémon that live natively to the Forest." The ranger responded.

"You said it took out a Hitmonlee?" Firey asked the Ranger.

"Didn't take out, however did paralyze the Hitmonlee, which caused the trainer to retreat and have the Pokémon Center call you."

"Understood, Ranger, I'm heading in, Carbink, take lookout, I need you to see if anything moves, normally, I'd have Sharp to detect this, but I'm training you today."

"Bink!"

As Firey walked into the Forest, he saw the injured Pokémon, approximately twenty-five Pokémon, ranging from Wurmple to Poochyena. He saw five that were in the middle, and had a hand on one of his Pokéballs. He knew this Pokémon would pop out if he found this Concerning Pokémon. As he and Carbink went through the forest, The flapping of wings could be heard. When Firey saw the form of the Pokémon, he had a surprised look on his face. He got called about a wild Vivillon. Did all of the Rangers have only Brelooms, Strange Lilligants, Strange Decidueyes, or Chesnaughts? Or was this Vivillon more that meets than the eye? As The Vivillon turned around, she started up with a Purple Powder, however the Pokéball in his hand opened up, revealing his Drapion. The Shiny Ogre Scorp Pokémon was not amused, as Vivillon started dancing. Red Sparkles appeared around Vivillon.

"Quiver Dance," Firey called out, "Drapion, Thunder Fang!"

The Vivillon moved past the Drapion, giving off the best giggle a Vivillon could give.

The Wild Vivillon immediately started producing some very loud sounds. Firey covered his ears,

"She knows Bug Buzz, this will be interesting" Firey responded, "Drapion, Wait until she gets close, then Fire Fang."

Vivillon approached the Drapion cautiously, and prepared a Poison Powder. Drapion snatched Vivillon out of the air, his mouth on fire. Vivillon then started flapping her wings to produce air to try and make Drapion let go. When Drapion did, the Vivillon then flew back, preparing to use another move, a Shield appeared around it, but it was a light pink.

"This is one Strange Vivillon." Firey responded, "She knows Light Screen, who knows what else it could have. Drapion, Let's see if a Fell Stinger does anything."

Vivillon was surprised that a Stinger was coming right towards her. She tried to dodge, but the Fire Fang was a lot for her to take. As she faltered, she looked at The Drapion, and how strong the Pokémon was. She realized that this human may be able to help her. She then flew over towards him, landing on his head. He then looked at her, and pulled out a Luxury Ball, it looked like he was hitting his own head with the ball, but hit the Vivillon. The ball shook on his head, and then pinged, falling into his hands.

"I'll let the Rangers know what happened and head off to the Pokémon Center for the night."

He then realized it had taken him three hours to find this Vivillon, and hopefully it wouldn't take three hours to get out of the Forest.

Milliana Barlowe, Unranked, Snowpoint City, Sinnoh, June 20th.
Shiro Skyscale
Snowpoint City, June 20th
Interactions:
@Cmeriwether
(o)^^(o)^^(o)^ ^(o)

"I dont think you need to worry too much about Cubchoo. He is far tougher than his cute exterior makes him to be" Shiro said with a smile and calm deamor, Glacier could be clumsy at times but was more than capable to handle himself. His trainer simply trusted that everything would be well and so he wanted to show Milliana there is nothing to worry.

Cubchoo in a meantime simply enjoyed the view as one would expect, also trying to climb on Alpha Pokemon head.
---
June 22th
Shiro was ready now, his previous lost was a wake up call to him. Did he lose becouse He was too weak to fight Candice when she performed at a level above what he was expected to take? No.. He basically lead a 3v2 and almost won.. His only mistake was bringing Dhelmise into a fight. It wasnt a mistake becouse it was weak.. Far from it. It was a mistake to send a pokemon that didnt care to listen and actively sabotaged his Trainer. Candice got to set up on him before he changed pokemons with her Cloyster. And even after a valiant fight which Cubchoo lost, although he heavily demaged her Ace... It wouldnt matter.

Glacier took down one pokemon and faced two at their full strenght.. He put this much work but when Shiro could send only Titan.. It didnt matter anymore. Dhelmise would stay stubborn.
Candice wanted to reward him, he saw it in her eyes and so he had to refuse getting badge and whatever reward his father prepared from her. It wouldnt be fair, becouse Shiro didnt win. He failed as a trainer becouse He cant even get his pokemon to listen.

It was about to be his second try now, he knew one thing that Candice is definitly stronger now than she was earlier. However...

He was stronger too.

Milliana was surprised about what Shiro said about his Cubchoo. As she put the directions down, she placed them on a notebook back in her stuff, and had them ready. As she looked to Duraludon, her Pokémon was content. She then looked at her Pokéballs. As she looked at them, she realized that the blizzard had returned to its apparent normality. As she made sure her Pokémon were alright, she was thinking about how she was going to get going.

"T-thank y-you Shiro," As Milliana wrote down a number, she prepared to hand over the piece of paper, "I-I l-left s-something as t-thanks, a-and i-if I-I n-need m-more h-help."

Milliana then handed the piece of paper to Shiro.

June 22nd, Lake Acuity, Sinnoh

Milliana woke up from what was a half decent sleep, her Duraludon had been watching the camp. As she looked over her campsite, she saw her hungry team, which she started prepping food for. As she prepared her team and her own food, Sandshrew sat next to her, very content with life. All of a sudden, a Roar ran through the camp.

"Sandshrew, watch the camp, I'm going to find out what pissed off Duraludon."

Duraludon had been locked in battle with a Gyarados. Milliana returned her Duraludon to prevent him getting more hurt than he probably already was, and alerted Sandshrew to disassemble the camp. The Sandshrew started working as best as he could, when Milliana got back, she started packing. The Gyarados was very confused at the sudden Disappearance of the building it had been fighting. Just as they finished packing, the Gyarados suddenly realized what happened. The Gyarados was Outraged, and headed straight for Milliana, who had already started running, her Sandshrew was in his Pokéball to make sure no one else got hurt or worse, killed, due to this Gyarados. As she Ran, the Gyarados Fired a Hyper Beam, which started destroying everything to her left. As she ran for it, she eventually found a way onto Route 217.

Later that day, Route 217, Sinnoh

As Milliana got onto Route 217, she managed to lose track of the Gyarados, and avoid any more Hyper Beams that the Pokémon Fired off. As she finally found a spot to eat, she brought out all of her Pokémon, and went to check over Duraludon to make sure he wasn't injured or worse. She saw some minor injuries, as it seemed that she caught the battle Early, and was looking through her bag. She got the food ready to feed the Pokémon as she pulled out a Sitrus Berry that was bought recently, and sliced it to apply sections to where Duraludon's injuries were. As she applied the Sitrus Berry, Duraludon had bent down to make sure she could reach all of the areas. As Milliana finished the applications, she called out the rest of the team, having their food ready as well as Duraludon's, and her own.

"Finally, peace and quiet, we can eat."

Milliana had a small bag of food on her, ready for herself as the Pokémon got to their food.

Last edited: