• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokémon: Role Play Thread

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​
Interactions: Kurashiki Ki (@Hecotoro)

Nessa clicked her tongue as Honedge took advantage of its thin…edge. That was a rather creative way to use your pokémon’s biology; she couldn’t complain about trainer’s getting clever. While Honedge swept in for another Shadow Sneak, Nessa knew she had to tip the scales in her favor—“Wooper, «Tail Whip» then «Rain Dance»!”

Wooper staggered from the Shadow Sneak and turned itself around to wag its stubble little tail, then it begun to dance around the field and dark clouds began to gather…

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

Taking advantage of her Rain Dance was a good choice and Nessa nodded her approval. Wooper was getting low, but it’d take more than that to drop it. It was time for Wooper to make its final call. Nessa punched forward and called her move.

“Now Wooper, «Water Gun»!”

Wooper released a torrent of water, empowered by the rain, and headed right for Honedge. If they could soften up Honedge a bit more her next pokémon would be able to finish it off with relative ease!

Kurashiki Ki, July 24th, Hulbury Galar.

"Shadow Sneak!"

Honedge took the Water Gun directly, pushing it into the water.

Kura gasped when she didn't see the Pokémon surface. What she didn't know was that her partner had vanished into the shadows. A few seconds passed as it moved around until finally, it jumped out behind the Wooper.

"You can do it!" Shiki yelled with a tone of relief as she saw her Pokémon go for another attack.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

The onslaught proved too much for Wooper and it ultimately fainted. Nessa returned the mudfish pokémon to its pokeball and then pulled out her final pokemon. It was time to end this, “it’s your turn to shine, Chewtle—use «Bite»”

Nessa had carefully aimed her pokéball, release her Chewtle as close to the Honedge as possible. The rock turtle pokémon’s eyes locked on its opponent, it’s 『Strong Jaw』empowered «Bite» and paired with the lowered defenses and the damage put in my Wooper, Nessa was sure a clean hit or two would be the end of this Honedge!

"Shadow Sneak!"

A desperate call from the trainer. But, Honedge had no other option. It lunged at the turtle Pokémon, both attacks colliding and causing a burst of ghost and dark energy to explode. Honedge flew across the air and landed unconsciously into the water, floating around.

"No!" She was hopping not to have to depend on her last Pokemon. "Come back!"

The sword evacuated into his Pokeball while Shiki prepared the next one. "Okay buddy, I know we haven't practiced much, but I know you can do it!"

She threw the Pokeball into the air, the seed like Budew jumped out, landing safely in front of the turtle. With a joyful cry, the grass Pokémon saluted her opponent.

Kura was about to call out her attack, but she stopped when the crowd became too late to ignore.

"Dynamax, Dynamax, Dynamax!"

The trainer stopped to listen and smiled. Was she going to do it? "Your call gym leader!"

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

“Haha! Welll, let’s give the people what they want! Chewtle return!” Nessa returned Chewtle to its pokéball and activated her Dynamax band. Red light erupted from the wristband, drawing Dynamax energy from the power spot beneath the Gym. Chewtle’s pokéball flashed crimson red and slowly began to grow…soon enough Chewtle’s pokéball was the size of a beachball.

“Flood the stadium and make it our ocean! Chewtle, time to Dynamax!”

The Raging Wave released her Dynamax pokémon, the now gigantic Chewtle causing the stadium to shake with its appearance. “I hope you can handle the crunch challenger!”

Nakano Saito​

Date: July 24 (26yo)
Pokemon Team: Silenus the Sceptile, Hattie the Hatterene, Brute Tooth the Barraskewda, Paldean Blaze Breed Tauros, Chikorita, Mienshao

Interactions: Esther (kyuukestu), Johnathan (Red Gallade), Theo and Riolu (Sir Krazz)
Mentions: Reina (Hecotoro)

Thankfully, Johnathan knew what she was talking about. Slightly. She might have accidentally explained too much, but he knew. She gave him a sweet, yet tired smile. "Oh, they will. And thank you for at least trying to understand it. It's... it's a lot, even for me." Naka chuckled, scratching the back of her head. She then realized that Theo was still relatively new and likely had no idea what she was just talking about. She just shook her head as Theo asked his questions, and chuckled at his over-pronunciation of Pokemon names and calling her crazy. The background noise of Esther's oracion seemed to ease her troubled soul further. Her eyes closed briefly, taking in the sweet wonders as did her Sceptile, Chikorita, and Mienshao.

Mienshao looked at the Riolu and sighed. Stubborn, like always, but she'll learn in time. <"This is normal. You are still young. It is easy to get swept away by your emotions at this age. Just don't forget your training. And maybe you can teach that potential human there a thing or two.">

Seeing that his Riolu was wanting to take him somewhere, Naka raised an eyebrow at Theo. Did he noticed because he saw Riolu at the doors, or did he notice because of something else? She just sighed as she spoke to Theo. "You have much to learn, padawan." She then laughed. "Don't worry, I'll text you your answers. But that was essentially the gist of it, yeah. And it's not my champion, it's Ma-champ. It's a four-armed, humanoid muscular Pokemon."

It was when Esther approached and had stopped playing Oracion did Naka turn to her. And likely heard Theo's retelling, which made her sheepish. "Yeah, I noticed. Don't worry, though. I can take it." She wasn't exactly confident, which the Mienshao picked up on, but she was still trying to deflect its major problems. It was cute, not wanting her other human friends to worry too much about her. But that was going to be her downfall.

It was then Naka's phone buzzed and she looked down at the group text. Reina was staying here? Leaving? Huh, interesting. She recalled Reina was at the Cianwood Gym. Hearing what Esther was thinking about, Naka smiled. "Alright. If there's an event in Kalos where we can see each other, I don't mind hitching a ride over there. Oh, and I still owe you." She called after Esther as she began to leave, before going back to her phone to text a rather succinct (if she could even help it) response to Theo's earlier verbal questions.

"Aura is in all living things. Most people who've traveled for long enough believe in its existence.

From my studies, I found that it's not just the biological abilities of a Pokemon that allow them to do what they do in their attacks and abilities, but also the manipulation of their inner energy.

Fighting-Types have a greater control of their aura naturally, especially Lucario - your Riolu's evolved form. Psychic powers have to deal with the mind, while aura - in our studies - seem to deal with the soul or spiritual energy, which the mind can affect.

While Psychic Pokemon can help affect the aura, they can't teach others to train in it very well. That's a Fighting-Type's job, especially if they gained the use of Aura Sphere, an attack that lets them put their aura in a ball of energy to throw at their opponent, not dissimilar to fighting video games like Tekken.

You can't just borrow aura from another living thing. Borrowing aura is basically borrowing someone's life energy, or blood. If the aura you borrow is too dissimilar from your own or you are not strong enough to handle it, it'll do more harm than good.

By the way, the Tauros you caught is a Fighting-Type, and there are four different variations of one. Paldean Combat is Fighting, Paldean Blaze (the one I caught) is Fighting/Fire, Paldean Aqua is Fighting/Water, and Kantonian is Normal-Type.

Also, here are the names, pictures, and types of the Pokemon I listed:"

She sent pictures of Machamp, Mienshao, Riolu, Lucario, and Chikorita, adding their names and types above them, as well as where they stand in their evolutionary list like so:

Machop -> Machoke -> Machamp (Fighting)
[Machamp Attachment Sent]
Mienfoo -> Mienshao (Fighting)
[Mienshao Attachment Sent]
Riolu (Fighting) -> Lucario
[Riolu Attachment Sent]
Riolu -> Lucario (Fighting/Steel)
[Lucario Attachment Sent]
Chikorita (Grass) -> Bayleef -> Meganium
[Chikorita Attachment Sent]

Once that was done, she sighed. "Alrighty, time to head out." She smiled at Johnathan and the others who were still nearby enough, like Theo and Esther. "Not sure if you're planning to stick around with me, but I'm planning on getting back to Olivine pretty soon. Like, preferably getting on a boat back tomorrow because it'll take a couple days to get back to Olivine. Heard there was a Glitter Lighthouse doubles gauntlet on the news, and I'd like to participate."

With leaving the invitation open for others to join her, she hopped on her Sceptile's back, the seven-foot-plus grass lizard clicking as he then proceeded to leave the Safari Zone's building, the Chikorita hopping onto Naka's lap while her Mienshao walked along beside them, the Sceptile and Mienshao exchanging pleasantries and talking to one another about who they were and what role Sceptile brought to the team, as well as about Naka.

Naka's ears were burning.

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:53 am
Esther Rosana Sophys
Route 7, Riviére Walk, Berry Fields,
Kalos​
『 Pyrrha | Kasriel | Maçiera | L’ Basseau | Pari | Houndour 』​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

Wildly swiping through the haze of rock dust and hoping to hit something wasn’t what Esther would call an ideal strategy, but it was definitely something. Better yet, it would keep the Yanmega distracted long enough for her to get the farmer to safety. That said, the Yanmega didn’t seem too keen on hiding, easily avoiding the Breaking Swipe and staring at the Cyclizar with deep…enchanting…hypnotic…eyes.

Esther almost stumbled over an errant root, but the sudden scare at least snapped her out of that minature fuguee. Had that been «Hypnosis»? That Yamega sure had an interesting repertoire of moves! Also…was it getting faster?

$6,320 | Pokéball x 0 | Practice Ball | PokéToy | PokéFlute

Quilt Set

Hammock Set

First-Aid Kit

Flashlight

Toiletries

Water Bottle (1/2 Gallon)

Water Purifier & Filter

Gothic Lolita Set (Clothing)

Lace Set (Clothing)

Chic Asymmetry Set (Clothing)

Winter Gear

Climbing Gear

Swimwear

"I will never get tired of this!" Kurashiki returned her Budew, allowing the her Dynamax band to activate.

The Pokeball grew in size, almost making the young trainer loose her balance as she stumbled on one foot before gaining it back. "Go, big Budew!"

The Pokeball opened up, revealing the big seed Pokemon as she landed with a loud Thud on the field. She seemed even happier, being the first time she got to Dynamax. "Let's give them our all! Max Overgrowth!"

A giant seed shot from above Budew's head, into the sky and was on its way to crash into Churtle!

Thursday, July 24th – 2:59 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Safari Zone
Johto​
『 Pyrrha | Halay | Maçiera | Kasriel | L’ Basseau | Īstha | Pari』​
Interactions:

Seeing everyone prepare to leave the Safari Zone, Esther took a deep breath and released a heavy sigh. As usual, it fell on her to be the responsible one. She tapped through the holographic screens of her pokétch and found Desmond & Aldon’s numbers. She didn’t much like the duo, especially Desmond since he found her ‘annoying’—what nerve—but she wasn’t just going to watch as they get left behind in the Safari Zone. Ugh, it was such a pain being a goody two shoes. Desmond had better be thankful she wasn't that petty...

Esther kept things short and concise in her text.

Hey, are you guys ready? If not, then hurry it up! The rest of the Group already left you behind! We’re headed back to Olivine. I’ll let you know what Inn we’re staying at.

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

A crafty light flashed through Neass’s eyes as Kurashiki’s Budew Dynamaxed and went for Max Overgrowth. She wasn’t surprised, but in this situation, Dynamax wouldn’t really benefit her any more than it benefitted their opponents. If anything, Dynamax might’ve put her at a disadvantage. But…she knew how to deal with that—“Go Chewtle, «Max Guard» and follow it up with «Max Strike»!”

A truly gargantuan shield appeared and stopped Max Overgrowth in its tracks, then Chewtle stomped on the ground, Dynamax energy surging through cracks in the ground and headed straight towards Budew!

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

This was the moment! “Hang in there Chewtle!” Chewtle staggered as the Max Overgrowth slammed into its body. Luckily, unlike its evolved from, Chewtle was only a water type. Chewtle managed to regain its footing after a moment, its feet sinking into the lush grass terrain that had just been activated. This was going as well as one could hope. Stall out Dynamax and then let Grassy Terrain recover Chewtle's health while they took advantage of Budew’s hindered mobility to finish it off!

“You’re almost there Chewtle! Let’s show them what we’ve got!”

Reginald Valerias​

Date: June 2
Pokemon Team: Emeric the Shiny Haunter, Elvira the Munna, Bob the Shedinja, Large Marge the Drifloon, Missy the Misdreavus, Jones the Frillish, Legion the White-Striped Basculin, Gordon the Mankey
WCS Rank: 80,906

Interactions: Briar Hightower (ThAtGuY101), Adrianne Silvers (Godjacob)

Adrianne and Briar had faces full of smiles before he arrived, he noticed it. He didn't want to hurt them with his problems or make them shoulder his burdens for him. He was a grown man, he was sure Adrianne wasn't even an adult yet and Briar didn't seem to care all that much. Why should he tell them?

Reggie paused, staring at Adrianne as he felt conflicted. He wanted to tell her, she was being too sweet to withhold anything from her. He looked at Baba drawing in the sand to distract himself from tearing up at her sweetness. Briar wanted him to share, of course.

Uncharacteristically silent, he sighed and scratched the back of his head, then ran his hands through his hair so it was slicked back, a couple short bangs popping forward stubbornly. "Uh... Yeah, just had another loss. N-no biggie." He cleared his throat, then mustered up a smile to the two girls, then went to pat Adrianne on the head. No matter what reaction she had, he smiled wider. "Thanks, though. I, uh, usually get bummed when I lose. I let my emotions get to me and didn't choose my battles wisely. That's all." He was very vague about the harassment, but it wasn't like this Mason would let himself be found if he wanted to press charges. Besides, Interpol was here and he didn't want to bother the local police again. Only for Briar's sake. "Besides, if you're still interested later, I'll let you know in detail, but for now we're trying to have fun and leave Tangelo Island with good memories, right?"

He looked towards the direction of the Pokemon Park and smiled. "C'mon, let's go see some sights, yeah? Wonder what they do for the tourists here." He then began his walk there, his Mankey popping out of his Pokeball and resting himself on his backpack and Reggie groaned. "Or... I guess this is my training now..." Reggie humored the idea with a tired sigh, getting a happy chitter from the Mankey as he stretched his arms and laid on top of the backpack, hands behind his head.

Last edited:

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

Sure enough, JJ had followed through on the opportunity Hubert had thrown his way, as Ele decided the double battle with a fierce Thunder Punch that swiftly incapacitated the Grass and Spray Pokemon simultaneously. With a muted fist pump, Hubert smiled as he received his share of the prize money and relished the taste of victory, but at the same time, JJ was right. He was happy, but not satisfied. No, his big debut to make his name known throughout the Unova region would be in his battle against Burgh, the Bug-Type Gym Leader here in Castelia.

After petting Reaper and congratulating him on a job well done, Hubert recalled him back into his Pokeball and turned to face JJ, who'd proposed they find and challenged stronger opponents around the city. He nodded with a confident grin, more than happy to accept his companion's offer. As long as Hubert knew his destination, he didn't much care about where the journey took him.

"Sounds good to me! Once we're satisfied with our spoils, though, I'll be heading to the gym to challenge Burgh and officially start my League Challenge. I assume you'll be doing the same?"

Elsie Titanlia
June 2nd; Tangelo Island, Orange Islands

Elsie looked up at her mother's Togekiss as he flew up to the roof of the Pokemon Center on Tangelo. He was probably going up there to rest after their long flight. She didn't blame him, she would want a long rest too if she carried someone to a far away region. They had stopped multiple times, yes, but she was certain he was still exhausted. Perhaps she could carry him for a bit, though she knew it was impossible as he weighed around eighty pounds. Yeah, no way she could carry that reliably. Supposedly he'll be fine on the roof, however.

She shifted her attention to the door of the Pokemon Center. Seeing as she had just arrived, it was probably a good idea to hand in her Pokemon for a quick heal. Elsie didn't battle on her way here, sure, but she also didn't want her Pokemon to be in poor shape. It was always good practice in her mind to heal once you made it to a new Pokemon Center. She made her way inside and checked her duo of Pokemon in before reapplying some sunscreen. She was going to need a lot out here, but the tropical vibes were worth it!

It didn't take long for her Pokemon to be fully healed up. After thanking Nurse Joy, she let Alvin out of his Pokeball, the fluffy Sentret being let out of his Luxury Ball for the first time in a good long while. He swiftly made it up her shoulder as she checked if they needed any supplies. Nope! All good and ready to go! Elsie felt excitement flutter in her heart. She turned to the pink Pokemon on her shoulder. "Are you ready, little guy?" Alvin gave a happy chirp. First stop, Pokemon Park! She made her way out of the Center and followed a map on her phone to the park.

When researching for a good region to start in, she was drawn to the Orange Islands due to the unique pink Pokemon on one of the islands. While the Pokemon Park didn't have these beautiful pink Pokemon, she was interested in an Amusement Park centered around Pokemon. At least, that's what the brochures and websites said.

When she entered, she noticed a group of three. Ash she brushed down her pink skirt, she noticed they seemed to be talking about something. Something she (wasn't) ashamed to say she overheard. Something about a lost battle and being a sore loser then forgetting about it and just enjoying the sights. She stored the sore loser away for later, it was something to keep in mind. Don't use her Tervolan Pokemon against him unless he knows their typing. She approached the trio. "Do you three mind if I tag along? I personally think these kinds of places are more enjoyable when there are more people!" She gave them a smile.

Celia Besnard
July 6th; Route 7, Riviere Walk, Berry Fields Kalos

Celia gulped when she saw the Yanmega. From Luan's reaction, she could tell it was very strong even before that deafening Bug Buzz. She needed to get Dawn out of there. Going straight to Luan wouldn't be the smartest move, though that seemed to be an option now as the drone that prevented a Luan switch was now gone. She recalled her Eevee as she heard the woman that Luan liked say something about luring the Yanmega away. Perhaps she could send out Psy and carry him away from the berry fields? She supposed it was worth a shot. She wouldn't be able to fight with him too much, however. Luan could give her some firepower, literally. With her mind made up, she sent out both the Metapod and the Riolu. Luan tilted his head to her and gave her a reassuring nod. She just hoped she didn't make a mistake in using him in front of strangers like this. "Luan, get in there quickly with a Quick attack then switch to Blaze Kick. Try to get its attention." She picked up Psy, who wanted to bite her for daring to touch him, much less pick him up, without his permission. How inconsiderate. Celia then had a funny feeling, as if the Yanmega was going faster now as she watched Luan try to kick the dragonfly-like Pokemon with flames surrounding his legs. "Hey, Psy, could you use String Shot on the Yanmega? He thought for a second before shooting out a sticky string made of silk at the Yanmega. She asked nicely and this was not really the time to ignore her.

"Max Overgrowth again!" Kura shouted, throwing her arms into the air as the giant seed blasted off into the sky.

Even the Budew was amazing by her own power, her eyes following the projectile go up and then down towards her opponent. As expected though, the energy from the Dynamax faded away. The giant Pokemon shrunk once, twice and third times back to her normal tiny self. If it weren't for the water platform she was standing on, the crowd wouldn't see her in the grass.

Jayden Jones, July 24th, Castelia City, WCS rank: 73,875.

"The gym? Hm. We're not ready." Jayden began walking towards the Pokemon center, while Ele picked up his jaw from the ground at the response from his trainer. "We've lost like ten times to him. Our moves haven't changed much, so we have to train."

The energy from Jayden faded away, a loud yawn evidence to his mood. "We're going to the Pokemon Center, buy some items and look for trainers to improve our skills. Don't worry though, we'll go cheer you on that gym battle! Just shoot me a, oh wait." Jayden pulled out his phone, "Send me your number."

After exchanging contact info, the group was finally at the Pokemon Center. "I'm heading off to the mart, let me know if you take off!"

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

“«Max Guard«!” It was a bit lame, but Nessa knew she couldn’t let her opponent run away with the battle after a few Max Overgrowths. The scene of Overgrowth slamming in Guard appeared once more as both pokémon exhausted their dynamax forms and were cut down to size. Although the kaiju-battle was over, the final battle had just begun!

“Now Chewtle, use «Water Gun»!” Nessa called for a boosted water move, since thankfully the rain Wooper had set up hadn’t finished just yet. It likely wouldn’t last much longer, but the Gym Leader wanted to squeeze out its final usages.

"Growth!"

Budew took in a deep breath, feeling the water push her back while at the same time absorbing nutrients. She had become a bit bigger! The damage had been done, it wasn't much but it wasn't none either. The seed Pokemon jumped forward, being only centimeters from falling into the water.

"Now, Stun Spore!"

The Budew shot a cloud of yellow pollen from the top of her head, covering the area with it.

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:55 am
Yanmega
Kalos​
Interactions: Azumi Towers (@Hecotoro) | Montagne Khastil (@~Patriot~) | Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo (@Grand Master Koop) | Celia Besnard (@ThePlayfulFox)

A small blue pokémon flashed into its airspace, its legs igniting with flames as it attempted to land a Blaze Kick on Yanmega’s side. The newly evolved mega dragonfly seemed to laugh at this, laugh at the foolishness of this pokémon to be so reckless in its domain. Did it really think a fire move was enough to let it do whatever it wanted? Yanmega would show it just how wrong it was!

Instead of dodging, Yanmega’s wings sped to a flurry; violent winds whipped up as it tore the air apart with a powerful «Air Slash». It would just tear apart this foolish blue pokémon as well.

Before Yanmega could return its attention to more delectable prey, a sticky thread of String Shot stuck to its carapace. Yanmega hovered for a moment. Then its gaze slowly traced the string shot back to Celia and the Metapod in her hand. Truthfully, Metapod would be a sizeable meal and wouldn’t pose much difficulty. Even the human carrying it wasn’t too large, it could probably swoop off with both the girl and the metapad. That would be a hearty meal indeed!

Yanmega’s wings flashed—engulfed by the light of its own «Quick Attack» as it raced towards Celia and began spitting a «String Shot» of its own! It seemed intent on wrapping the girl in a web cacoon and then carrying both her and her pokémon off to feast!

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

“Close in and show them what you’re made of—«Bite»!” Nessa called her Chewtle to action as Budew boosted up and began spreading its spores. Chewtle charged through the paralyzing spores, slowed by not stopped by their presence. Its jaws opened wide and it prepared to take a big chunk out of Budew’s bud.

Montagne Khastil and Queen Oracle the Honored One
July 6 Rivière Walk (Route 7), Berry Fields, Kalos

For all the sense Azumi was finally speaking, the blonde woman didn't make any sense! Monty rubbed his face when her hands dropped, and took in the chaos around the newly-evolved insect in all its glory. How were they supposed to lure that thing away? While one of the new girls kept the monster distracted, the criminal's brain kicked into overdrive.

What did the Yanmega want in the first place? Food? That would make sense, but the only one whose Pokémon could capitalize on that was already rushing to the farmer's aid. What option did that leave, then?

Monty's sights fell on Oracle, and he could practically see the smoke pouring off her as she burned with fury at being stuck in the black-haired girl's move. Wait...he had something!

"ORACLE!" He cupped his hands around his mouth as he ran towards the chaotic battle. "USE TAUNT ON THE YANMEGA!"

The Absol could hardly hear her trainer through the thoughts of cold-blooded insect murder, but she could still tell that her advisor had finally come up with some advice. Despite her own overwhelming strength, the newly-evolved Yanmega would be a bigger challenge than she cared to admit. Especially with all these nuisances getting in the way.

Oracle tore herself free of the Sticky Trap, and channeled her malice into the gaze she set on the Yanmega. Her fur stood on end, and she let out a shrieking hiss; <<TAUNT>>.

At the same time, one of her subjects materialized at her side. With a snort of smoke and a hearty growl, Chauffemagne took to the battlefield with flames already spewing from his maw. The threats were lower in number, but greater in strength; how had the Alpha let the situation deteriorate so far?!

FWOO-FWOO-FWOOSH!

An <<Ember>> volley shot at the Yanmega, with one shot aimed to intercept the monstrous insect's <<String Shot>> and the others hurtling to impact the monster itself.

"PLAN A!" Monty barked at the two new girls, hoping they'd be able to coordinate. "COVER THE ABSOL WHILE SHE DRAWS ITS ATTENTION!" To his own Pokémon he added, "LURE IT OFF THE FARM! WE'LL GET IT WIDE OPEN!"

Last edited:

"Absorb!"

Budew braced herself for impact, she was going to take her opponent straight on! She closed her eyes and as soon as she felt the jaws lock on her, she activated her Absorb. The damage that the turtle was causing was being drained from the Chewtle. Was he going to stay there and keep getting his energy drained? Budew was willing to hold out until either one couldn't fight anymore!

Azumi Towers- July 6 - Route 7, Kalos

Azumi smiled as she watched the plan unfold, even Oracle was participating. "Anakin, help drive it away!"

Sadly, Anakin had already went off on his own. A fellow fighter was in trouble, trying to Blaze Kick the giant buy. No matter, using Detect, the Lucario grabbed the Riolu, tossing him like a football to safety. It seemed his job wasn't done yet, the bug was going after a new target!

Bullet Punch!

Lucario landed between the Metapod and Yanmega. If the bug was going to start picking them off, then have it pick on someone its own size! If it was any smarter though, it would target the one taunting him, instead of trying to get pass Anakin. But, bugs aren't really that bright.

Sunday, July 24th
The Raging Wave – Nessa
Hulbery Stadium, Hulbery
Galar​

“Let’s go for broke! Thrash it Chewtle!”

Nessa knew that between Growth, Absorb, and Grassy Terrain the Budew would only get stronger while Chewtle got weaker. They had to go for broke right here and right now. She clenched her fist tightly as Chewtle began to shake its head violently, trying to ragdoll the Budew back and forth and attempt to outdamage its Absorb and potentially take it out before the last of its energy could be drained. It was all or nothing!

"Hold on Budew!"

While the seed Pokemon screamed in panic, being shaken around like a chew toy, the rain cleared up, allowing what was left of the morning sun rays to reach the field. As the warm sunlight hit the arena, Budew began to glow, her size increase, her two vines developing to her sides and two roses blooming in the process. The absorb ended, Chewtle unconscious and a Roselia standing proudly over her win.

"Oh wow, Budew look at you!" The trainer shouted excitedly, her voice not being heard do to the cheering while she was declared the winner. Kurashiki ran over and picked up the grass Pokemon, holding her up for the world to see. "You're amazing! Our little Budew grew up!"

With that, Shiki had won her second gym badge. The team left with pride in their hearts and a nice picture of their victory all over social media. Maybe battling wasn't so bad, it was the opposite! Despite barely hitting mid day, Kurashiki and team headed to the nearest Pokemon Center to get a well deserved rest.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Wilford Pine
Hammerlocke, Galar Region
August 2nd
WCS Rank: 70,203
Team: Monferno, Thwackey, Panpour, Togepi
Interactions: Cole Forrest(@Merciless Medic)

Wilford's eyebrow hiked upward while watching Cole's smile. Did he say something funny? Was he remembering something funny? Regardless of the reason, the eyebrow lowered as Cole responded. Nodding in agreement, Wilford moved to reply but held his tongue as his travelling companion placed his order. Stuffed Tranquil was an acceptable choice, a balanced meal with good presentation. Despite this, Wilford would never order the dish as long as red meat was on the table. While white meat was easier to prepare correctly, there was little that could top the rich young man's palate beyond red meat, especially if it were from a Tauros or Miltank. By the time he finished, a new topic had arisen: the appearance of Cole's next opponents. Eyeing them up revealed a group of Spikemuth trainers. Knowing them, they were packing a whole team of Dark Types, perfect food for Monferno.

"Have fun," Wilford returned his gaze to Cole, offering a coy wink with his following words, "Let's hope they're within your paygrade."

Celia Luan Besnard
July 6th; Route 7, Riviere Walk, Berry Fields Kalos

Luan's eyes widened as he was about to take an Air Slash point-blank. He supposed it was always going to be a risk, taking a flying-type attack while in the air. His eyes narrowed, trying to Endure the hit. Sure, Celia didn't tell him to yet, but she was preparing for phase two of her plan. He could sense it. Before the attack could hit, however, he was tossed away from the attack. He didn't get a good look at his savior, but he did know they were blue. After recovering from the toss, Luan got up, a bit scuffed. Scuffed was better than barely hanging on though. His red eyes searched for Celia, trying to ensure her safety. The foul Yanmega was nearly right in front of her, bits of silk on and around her. A Lucario was standing between them. That's who saved him. His eyes filled with admiration a moment before refocusing on the battle. He could look up to the Lucario later. Right now the Yanmega was far too close to his trainer for comfort, and all he could feel from her now was fear. Luan growled as he let himself get Worked Up, then he used Quick Attack to quickly make it back to his trainer. With a growl, he sent another fiery kick the Yanmega's way, his body briefly glowing red due to his earlier Work Up. "Luan!" The Riolu noticed that she sounded quite worried. Well, he was worried too! That Yanmega was quite the aggressive Pokemon and would probably have no issues attacking someone who couldn't defend themselves. If he needed to, he could Endure, but she and Psy couldn't.

Thursday, July 24th – 7:30 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
Interactions: Reina Cortez (@Hecotoro)

“Yamagoe Udon…” According to a few popular rankings, Yamagoe Udon was the best Udon restaurant in all of Cianwood. While Ramen was the more popular noodle dish across the Johto region and Its cultural sibliings, Cianwood was famed for its Udon—a dish with thicker noodles and a lighter, more subdued broth. Having never had authentic Udon of any kind, Esther was eager. So eager that she’d arrived half an hour early, but part of that was also just polite behavior. She couldn’t very well be late, now—could she?

With half an hour to kill before the agreed-upon time, Esther found a seat within the restaurant’s outdoor garden and pulled up their website. She didn’t want to enter the building until Reina arrived, but that didn’t mean she couldn’t look through the menu ahead of time. Ohhh~ The pictures they had looked great~! So many of them were topped with…raw egg and yams!? Uhhh… Yams were still within an acceptable range, she wasn’t the biggest fan but she’d eat ‘em, but…raw eggs? Guess this is what it was like to experience another culture…

$??? | Pokéball x??? | PokéToy | Practice Ball | Pokéflute | Unidentified Fossil
Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

Feeling his tail hit nothing but air, the Cyclizar growled as he turned his head to face the opposing Yanmega, only to be met with a pair of glowing eyes. The psychic energy radiated by said said quickly reached the Dragon Normal type, sending him into a deep slumber. While this happened, Beatrice's attention was locked onto the Yanmega, trying her best to follow its hastening movements. "It appears it has Speed Boost, the situation will only get worse if we delay any more." She said to herself as she tried to think of what to do next.

Luckily, she wasn't alone on the battlefield. Amidst the sudden chaos that erupted as many moves were thrown simultaneously, the Absol's trainer shouted out a plan. "Lure it off the farm. Of course, that'll leave less obstacles in the way." She rationalized. After the Absol had gotten untangled from Seda's Silk Trap, they proceeded to Taunt the Yanmega into focusing on them. Seeing this, Beatrice began speaking. "Seda, cover that Absol, make sure they don't get taken out." She spoke into her earpiece. The girl then turned to her Rotom. "Wattz, I'll need you in your normal form, leave the drone with me." Following its orders, Wattz left the drone it was possessing, returning to its lightbulb form.

"That Yanmega is strong so we'll need to coordinate. Alright guys, let's move." Beatrice spoke out loud as her and her partner pokemon began traversing across the field, circling closer to where the Absol would be luring the Yanmega to.

Wednesday, July 6th – 9:55 am
Yanmega
Kalos​

Yanmega’s fury knew no bounds, provoked again and again as dark energy wormed its way into its mind and pushed just the right buttons. All these pokémon had repeatedly thwarted it and worse evaded its punishments with repeated usage of Detect. Well, it would show them. Yanmega’s wings sped to a blur, scratching against each other to create another terrifying «Bug Buzz». This time, however, Yanmega stagged it’s attack with «Feint» determined to outmaneuver any attempt at detect and slam all its foes with the full brunt of its power. Especially, the little blue one who had learned nothing from its previous failures and had attempted the exact same maneuver. This time, no one would be able to save it!

Yanmega screeched as the Bug Buzz rang out, sweeping across the farm to engulf all the nearby pokémon and even those trainers unfortunate enough to be too close. Lucario, Absol, Metapod, Riolu…none would be spared its wrath!

Reina Cortez, July 24th, Cianwood, Johto.

"Um. more water please." Reina said, ordering her second glass after having arrived a bit too early. She had been nervous though, so going to do any other activity risked being late and her parents had raised her better than that. Just sitting there thinking made her worry, made her believe Esther and company would eventually forget about her. It made sense, they might never run into each other again, it was a big world after all. She shook hear head, trying to remove the negative thoughts from her head, looking around to distract herself.

The restaurant was really pretty, especially the trees outside, she could stare at them all evening... Esther?! Reina recognized the girl right away. She waved at the waiter, signaling she was stepping outside, who replied with a nod and smile. The Metztlian quickly got up, got her bag and headed outside.

"Esther!" She called out once she was within sight of her friend. "Hi." Reina said, followed by a short laugh. "I was waiting inside and you were waiting outside, funny." She joined the Oblivian native at her table, setting her bag down next to the chair. "Wait was I late or were we both early? I was a bit nervous, so I might have read the time wrong."

Azumi Towers

"Nana! We need your help!"

The Gardevoir emerged from her Pokeball, ready to fight once more, her eyes focused on the giant bug. She spread her arms open, a blue aura spread from her and across the field, touching everyone on the ground, Life Dew. She couldn't stop the Bug Buzz from hurting them, but she could keep their energy up. This resulted in her taking the hit, but she was more than ready for that.

Azumi covered her ears once more, but besides the loud noise, she didn't feel weaker. "Monty! Hurry!" She needed the Yanmega to leave, the more they battled in the area, the more damage they risked.

Last edited:
July 6th, Wednesday - Rivière Walk, Route 7, Berry Fields, Kalos Region
Beatrice Esperanza Lazlo

The Yanmega has acted, sending a massive area of effect Bug Buzz towards everyone on the battlefield. Seda was quick to move, her trainer asked her to cover for this Absol so that's what she intended to do. Jumping in between the wave of buzzing and the Dark type, the Bug type spun a web between her many arms, doing her best to shield the Absol from the would be super effective attack with her Silk Trap.

Over where Beatrice was, Wattz and Vallace were quick to move in to defend their trainer. Waving its arms around, the Plasma pokemon began blowing a gust of purple wind which collided with the waves of buzzing. Countering the Bug Buzz with its Ominous Wind. Vallace, for his part, remained close to Beatrice. His eyes began glowing a light blue as he guided his trainer to avoid getting hit by the Bug move. He wasn't able to save himself from all the damage as the Feints the Yanmega had mixed into the Bug Buzz still reached the Water type pokemon.

Thursday, July 24th – 7:31 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
Interactions:

Just as she was debating the merits of eating a whole-ass raw egg steeped in broth, she was spooked by the sudden call of her name. Esther whipped around to find Reina: all smiles and a bundle of nerves. The Oblivian checked her pokétch and then glanced back at Reina before giggling.

“Well, I’m half an hour early so how early were you? We weren’t supposed to meet till 8, it’s barely past 7:30! Whatever though, did you save us seats inside?”

Esther peered past her friend to look inside the restaurant It didn’t look too full, but she didn’t have a perfect visual. Either way, she’d also read that part of the main appeal of this restaurant was their outdoor garden—beautiful scenery to match a delicious meal. Speaking of meals—

“Also, also—I’ve been looking through their menu and…I’m for trying new dishes as much as the next gal but look at this! They just…just put a raw egg in it—I, like, is that just normal? I can’t imagine it tastes good but…what do you think? Should I get the raw egg with my noodles or just try for something a bit more…normal?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Reina leaned closer to look at the image. She laughed and shrugged her shoulders. "My abuelita used to give me raw eggs in the morning, I had to drink them in one gulp. So, I don't mind a little raw egg." She leaned back, a confident look in her face as an idea came up.

"Why don't we order two different things, if you don't like yours, we can trade. If you don't mind of course. I don't know what your culture is on sharing food, so if you don't like the idea we can just not risk the egg." She sighed, playing with her fingers as she set them on the table.

Desmond Andrews (Unranked)
Safari Zone, Johto (July 24th)

Interactions: @ThAtGuY101 (Aldon & Skol the Slowpoke) @kyuukestu (Esther)​

"Yeah, I think we have a different idea of what is funny..." Desmond muttered back, but as they walked and he took some photos he pondered the path to take, however, a sudden buzz on his Pokesketch as he looked at it and seemed to get a message from Esther and he seemed to just have a deadpan look before he worked to respond.

Sorry, we got spooked and separated with a wild Aggron; tried to find you in the Safari. We'll meet you there.

Desmond sent the reply and turned to Aldon. "Rest of the group has left the Safari. We gotta head back to Olivine as they look for an inn to stay at. Earliest ship I believe is out tomorrow so staying at Cianwood till then." Desmond explained as he turned around taking a last shot of the path they were on as he began to truck back to the gate & main building where their Pokemon had been waiting.

During this...

"Krick~!" ("Here have some~") Kricketune offered a piece of apple to Skol as the latter's eyes seemed to shine and Politoed took its own piece and seemed to thank its companion Pokemon though the frog noticed a pair of familiar faces that approached the building.

"Politoed!" ("I think I see them!") Politoed called out happily.

Adrianne Silvers (Normal Class: 95,044)
Tangelo Island, Orange Archipelago (June 2nd)
Interactions:
@ThAtGuY101 (Briar) @Merciless Medic (Reggie) @ThePlayfulFox (Elsie)​

Briar also seemed to notice that Reggie seemed off, so she was least encouraged that it had not been just a ME thing but that it seemed to be a problem. Reggie seemed to speak about having a bad loss, and it seemed that it ate him up enough that he acted in a way that Adrianne guessed Reggie regretted over. However, there was more tot his story...something Reggie seemed to hold back. Sure enough as he patted her head a bit in assurance he even mentioned telling her more details later if it seemed right.

Adrianne wanted to press, but she figured this was a sore subject and decided she'd bring it up later.

"You know I am not a little kid..." Adrianne said with a slight pout at the head pat before she nodded. "...alright, a trip to the Poke Park can always lift one's spirits. And besides, a loss is just another lesson to learn from. Leas that is what my dad says." Adrianne said as she tried to encourage Reggie and even patted him on the back a bit to show she had support. "Just know if anything is bothering you you can always share with me, and I am sure Briar feels the same." Adrianne said but before she had a chance to lead them inside a new face seemed to appear.

The individual seemed to be a girl who had this oddly colored Sentret of sorts which made her wonder if she was a shiny, impulse took over as she opened her Pokedex to scan its data.

"Tervolan Sentret, the Captive Pokemon. Tervolan Sentret is calmer than its wilder counterpart, no longer using its tail to look for danger. They flee towards humans for protection when scared."

So this wasn't a shiny, it was a regional variant! Adrianne had not been a stranger to that as the Orange Islands was known to have them but seeing one of another only recently discovered region had been amazing! "So cool..." Adrianne mused before she glanced back tot he girl, before she turned to Reggie & Briar. "Uh, you guys have any issue with a tag along?" Adrianne asked the pair as she seemed to not mind. But she had a more pressing question. "Suppose first what's your name? I am Adrianne, Adrianne Silvers." Adrianne said as she introduced herself.

Last edited:

Hubert Lee​

Castelia City - July 24​

Though rather surprised, Hubert simply nodded in understanding upon hearing why JJ wouldn't join him in challenging the Castelia City Gym as the two made their way to the Pokemon Center. Though the mention of his record against Burgh was rather alarming, Hubert couldn't exactly say his confidence had much wavered; both Reaper and Phantasm sported movesets that gave them an advantage against Bug-Type Pokemon. Regardless, after exchanging contact information, Hubert watched as JJ continued on his way with astounding speed, too quick for him to keep up as usual. However, as he watched his newfound friend run off, he called out, hopefully loudly enough to get his attention.

"Wait, didn't you also want that sparring session after we arrived?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:32 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
Interactions:

The look of raw disgust that Esther gave Reina would suggest the Metzilian had not said something relatively innocuous like ‘I drink raw eggs’ but had instead said something fiendish and heinous like ‘the best way to cook human children is with salt & pepper over an open-air grill’. Esther began to reconsider the nature of her friendship with Reina and whether she could even stand to be friends with someone who guzzled down cups of raw eggs. Frankly, it was horrifying in more ways than one. Needless to say, any interest the Oblivian might’ve had in native Metzilian food vanished immediately. She might be a bit of a glutton, but Esther was not about that raw lifestyle. It was a bit…too organic, y’know?

“I guess that works, they use chopsticks to eat these noodles, right? I don’t think there’s anything wrong as long as we have our own sticks.”

Noe convinced that Reina would eat anything put before her like some kind of starving scavenger, Esther decided to order the most exotic thing on the menu: a lemon chili dish with thin broth and thick noodles, topped with raw egg, mashed yams, and some sliced greens. Then for something she could actually eat, she ordered a beef udon: savory broth, season tender sliced beef, caramelized scallions, thick, chewy noodles that could soak in the flavor—mmm! Her mouth was watering already!

“Alright, let’s go order, ya?”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Reina felt a bit ashamed as she saw Esther's reaction. She explained the sharing was okay, so had it been the egg thing. Either way, she nodded to the suggestion of ordering. Reina raised her hand and with the other, she put her fingers up to her lips and let out a quick but loud whistle.

The waiter, and a few others, quickly turned around, noticing the girl raising her hand. The waiter quickly made his way towards them, notepad in hand.

"Yes? Are you ready to order?"

Reina nodded and looked at menu. "I'll take a beef udon and lime soda."

The young trainer waited until the waiter took Esther's order and left. She then nervously decided to fix things. "Hey just so you know, I don't eat raw eggs anymore."

Thursday, July 24th – 7:33 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
Interactions:

Esther placed her order and then focused on Reina. Her lips pressed into a thin line at the girl’s admission and while she did approve of Reina’s dietary changes—she shook her head. “It’s…fine. I don’t think it sounds tasty…or even edible really, but that’s just my bias. I don’t like the taste of egg yolk; it’s a bit too strong. Who knows though, maybe I’ll like it raw?”

The Oblivian shrugged, she didn’t put much faith in the notion that she might like the taste of raw eggs, but as they say—there was a non-zero chance.

“Guess it's just how I was raised. In Oblivia we don’t have a lot of food variety. There isn’t much land for pastures or raising animals that aren’t pokémon, so we mostly subsist on fruits and vegetables. We don’t even use sugar really, we don’t grow sugar cane or beets, or anything that could be processed into sugar—and even if we did, well wouldn’t have any manufacturing plants that could process them. We usually substitute with honey, so…long story short, a lot of the foods I’ve encountered are…very new. I’m excited to try them but…I tend to judge on first impressions.”

Esther blinked as she realized she was blabbing.

"Oh, sorry about that, I started rambling."

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)
Climbing Gear
Swimwear
Detachable Rollerblades

Reina rested her head on her hands as she listened attentively to her friend. All she could do was imagine a world without sugar or food varieties. Her region was the complete opposite, they ate everything!

"Oh no, please continue! I'm traveling the world to learn more. So, this is interesting for me. I'm used to eating everything, we don't let any part go to waste. So, I guess my appetite is more tolerant in that way." She cleared her throat. "So besides food, what kind of culture do you have? Like religion, government, any traditions?"

Thursday, July 24th – 7:34 pm
Esther Rosana Sophys
Cianwood City
Johto​
Interactions: Reina Cortez (@Hecotoro)

“We follow Arceus, of course! Oblivia has a lot of temples and ruins dedicated to the worship of Arceus, they date back decades—maybe even centuries!” Now that she’d been given the go-ahead, Esther all but lit up. She waved her hands animated to draw strange runes and diagrams in through the air. “A lot of the ruins have marks and diagrams that, honestly—we’re not sure what they mean. Some of them relate to pokémon but others…well, they’re so old that most of them are in complete ruins, swallowed up by nature.”

“Supposedly, nearly a decade ago the Great Hero—a pokémon Ranger—could use these signs to summon legendary pokémon to their aid! Like the Great Raikou. We have a lot of festivals surrounding these pokémon, some of which we still celebrate to this day. That’s how I learned how to dance, I usually dance during our festivals and celebrations. Do you want to hear one of our songs?”

Esther didn’t even wait, clearing her throat to hum.

“A deep, deep valley blocks the way ~♪
“If you can cross, go ahead, I say ~♪
“The scary valley likes to brag~♪
“No one can cross my rocky crags!
“What nonsense speaks the silly valley?
“For Great Raikou, it’s one bound.
“Hero on its back, just one bound~♪ “

The tune was noticeably strange, especially towards the end where the rhyming scheme disappeared. Still, the story coherently told the story of a great Hero who rode Raikou.

“Truthfully,” Esther bit her lips. “we—or at least I—don’t think that song is complete. Modern Oblivia isn’t what it used to be, there are steles and obelisks and ruins written in a language no one can read. Our region is filled with history but…sigh, even we don’t know what it is.”

Quilt Set
Hammock Set
First-Aid Kit
Flashlight
Toiletries
Water Purifier & Filter
Lace Set (Clothing)
Kilt & Ballet Flats
Winter Gear (Clothing)