• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Nursery

(https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-nursery-discussion.17678/#post-515906 discussion)
Racki woke up in a good mood knowing that new hatchlings were coming today! He rushed of to his farther's room and jumped on the bed,
"Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! It today!" He told his farther with bad English.
"The new hatchlings, yes!" Racki's farther Liam the garchomp replied rubbing his eyes, he owned the nursery and was ready to accept some hatchlings.
"Let's do this!" Liam said to him self opening the door for the hatchlings and perhaps their parents.

Candy wandered in through the door of the nursery, with nothing but a white vest, which marked her as a trainee service Pokemon. In the facility she was bred in, she was the lowest of the low; a hatchling, whose only talents were knowing how to carry medication, and spot the warning signs of an epileptic fit.

But here, she was special. Here, in this day nursery, she was probably the best educated Pokemon in the building. And here, she would complete her assignment, and befriend other Pokemon.

"Good day," she said cordially, to an excitable gible.

Joel seemed to not be where the hatchlings were since he seemed to hatch some time before them. He hid in the almost dark closet while keeping his breaths quiet and his movement as inert as a gargoyle statue one would see in the movies. He heard a familiar, nearby voice calling, "Joel, you better come out right now... I've got come cookies for you!"

He scratched his chin, gave a silent sigh and thought, "Really... I'm not falling for that again! Come on, do you really think I'd be dumb to fall for that trick the fourth time?" He refused to come out of the closet, as he sat in a nice, empty cardboard box that marked his inner seclusion.

Racki gave a silent confused face not understanding what good day mean,
"She means hello son..." his dad said nodding
"Oh...uh h-hhh-HELLO!" He shouted greeting the new Pokémon with a voice of a Loudred.
"Calm your self Racki." Liam said.

The buneary cringed at the volume of the gible's voice, hiding her exposed ear, before continuing.

"My name is Candy, and I am a therapy Pokemon-in training, hence the vest," she began, "My assignment is to, erm...Make friends..."

Racki and Liam's mouth dropped.
"BIG WORDS, SO SMART!" Racki roared turning to his farther who was also in shock.
"Uh...this is a nursery not a school the lessons we learn are basic like tackle or tail whip or 1+1...are you sure you want to go through with this?" Liam said noticing her education level was 1000x above expectation.

Candy nodded. "My education level may be stellar, in terms of speech, but I was assigned here so that I would learn battle techniques, and make friends."

She hid her tiny body, shamefully mumbling, "And I'm ashamed to say that I can't even perform a successful pound attack..."

"Ah I see, that Vocabulary will get you far! Anyway an we have a lot to learn once the whole class get here!" Liam told them putting his board up in front of them.
"Uh...sorry for loud, I Racki, you....?" Racki asked turning to candy ashamed of his volume.

"Candy," the buneary answered, bowing, "Erm...Me, buneary. Me come here to learn how to battle. Me trainee service pokemon."

She pointed to her vest, "Me help a sick trainer, when I big..."

"I understand other speak!" He said disappointed, "I will help teach or be caught when old!" He told her putting his hand out to shake, it was sweaty, very sweaty. "Me Gible!"
"Two first students..." Liam whispered to himself.

Candy shook it firmly, having seen worse before. A delibird had been showing her how to help diabetic trainers test their blood glucose levels, and she'd cringed when the needle had gone in. She hated needles...

"I look forward to learning with you," she said cordially, bowing.

Joel was startled from the amplified sound that seemingly came from a Gible not too far from his location. His body staggered and landed face first on the box, as he got back on his feet and took a curled seat on the indifferent surface. He heard the closet door opening, as he gave a loud squeal towards the incoming, glaring light. His body shook in a noticable, quick motion, as his heart pounded the moment his watery eyes slowly glanced up at the Nurse. She seemed rather sweet to any first glance eyes, but she was most certainly the bane of Joel. She would often be seen caring for the other Pokémon or perhaps sometimes in her office doing other tasks such as paperwork if it was necessary. She went up to Joel and kneeled closer to his height level, as she softly said, "Come on Joel, you need some light... it's not healthy for a baby like you to be sitting alone in the dark while you quote on quote, talk to yourself and with that teddy of your's."

Joel crossed his arms while grasping his teddy bear after placing his notebook and pencil securely in its zipper pouch. He squirmed when the Nurse got a grip on him, as her feelers detected the masked panic within his tiny body. She tightly held him near her chest while slowly lifting him away from the box in the closet, as she carried him over towards a Gible and a Buneary that seemed to be discussing about a matter taken as significant from her.

She gently placed Joel down near the two while standing close by, as she quietly said, "Go on Joel... you should really get out there and try to talk to someone. I can't have you talking to your teddy all the time now can I?"

Joel gave a noticable mewl while he attempted to hide his teary eyes in front of everyone. He got out his notebook and pencil from his teddy bear, opened the notebook to a blank page and hastily wrote some swift text. He showed the page to the Buneary, not realizing that the previous page could be seen while he was writing on his current one; the prior page was a hurried depiction of him going over to a Pokémon that he seemed to despise by the exponential degree. The sketch showed him wanting to sabotage the Pokémon's success at any chance of life by vandalizing, looting and terminating anything bearing any relations to that particular Pokémon. The current page that was shown to the Buneary read, "Help me... I don't wanna go to the Nurse today. I'm Joel by the way... and you'll get to know me real fast..."

Racki walked up to Joel and greeted him,
"Hi, I Racki, you?" He asked Joel with a toothy grin, Liam stood up and turned to his register
"Sign off your names if you can write!" Liam told them putting the book down, Racki wondered over and wrote in scruffy handwriting,
'Racki' "I am your teacher. Mr. Drahon" Liam told them with a firm smile

In barely legible handwriting, Candy managed to write her name on the sheet. She'd make a note to learn better handwriting later, after mastering battle technique, and everything she had to learn at the facility she lived in. Her purpose in the future was yet to be decided, so she had to learn it all to the best of her ability.

"Candy," she said to the jangmo-o, "That's my name. I'm a service pokemon in training."

Joel took careful noting of the other Pokémons' names after they introduced themselves, as he signed his name in his book with decent penmanship. Knowing that nobody would be able to comprehend his oral communication, he wrote in his notebook on the same page still. The seemingly contentious picture on the previous page could still be seen while he was writing on his current page. The newly written passage which seemed to be his response read after he showed Candy, "Service Pokémon... so, are you still learning or do you have a job already?"

"I'm in training," Candy answered, unsure if he understood what she meant, "So no. Do you need my answer in another form, like morse, or braille?"

The buneary was starting to wonder if the jangmo-o was capable of understanding her. It didn't seem able to comprehend basic speech...

Joel shook his head after hearing Candy's question, as he heard some footsteps coming back, which could only mean one thing: The dreaded Nurse was back. He wrote some text on the bottom half of the current page in his notebook in a rather rushed manner; almost as if he had no tommorow to even do such a thing. He showed her the page after he was finished writing in a matter of a half minute, as the message read, "I'm fine with speech, though I can't exactly communicate back like everyone can... By the way, I can't afford to go to the Nurse... she's gonna stab me with that pointy thing full of that green stuff that's probably poison since it makes me so sleepy! Not to mention that it hurts so bloody much!"

"You mean, a sedative?" Candy enquired, "Those are harmless! Well, when administered properly, they are. And I'm sure that your nurse has a good reason for sedating you..."

Candy was well aware of how patients sometimes resisted treatment, especially those with eating disorders. She'd seen the senior slurpuffs sniff out diet coke in anorexic patients' rooms, which they'd drink to fill themselves up, so that they couldn't eat, and she'd seen honchkrows fish out coins, which they'd sew into their pockets, to convince the nurses that they weighed more. Those same patients often ended up sectioned, which meant that they lost the ability to say no, and the staff treating them could do whatever they pleased, to make them comply with their treatment...

"You must understand that...Unless you've been sectioned," Candy finished, unaware that sectioning was only used for mental health.

Joel made some anxious, whining sounds towards Candy to signal his disagreement towards the mentioned fact that the medicine of his was harmless. He could not seem to think of even a single, minuscule reason that would be considered plausible in accordance with his standards. It seemed as though he was certainly not having it with his recent flashbacks, as his vision swiftly returned back to reality after he had enough of seeing himself bawling in front of the Nurse. He saw the Nurse hiding something behind her back; though he already knew what the object was since it was nothing out of ordinary.

However, before he could even make his first move, his body almost fell from the sudden increase of adrenaline within his tiny body. His glaring, baby blue eyes and unrelenting growls towards the Nurse were surely a clear sign of his imminent outrage. A flow of draconic energy came to his paws after he stood back on all fours, as he emitted yet another shout towards the Nurse; almost as if he had no control of himself at this point. His right paw glimmered in a purplish aura, as he raised it towards his head level and was about to make his next move.

Candy was rather alarmed by the jangmo-o's impending outrage, but knew not how to restrain him. Or at least, she didn't know yet. She'd seen the bigger pokemon restrain humans in the midst of meltdown, and sometimes other pokemon, but she didn't know how...

Still, she had to do something. She leapt atop the creature, attempting to pin him with her paws.

An Absol hopped toward the nursery, a baby Pichu gently confined in his jaws. His white, soft fur flowed in the wind as he rushed forward, wanting to get there quickly before the little baby Pokemon started to cry from being held for too long. When he reached the area, he bowed and smiled toward the Garchomp. He gently set the baby Pokemon on the ground, before talking to him, his voice deep and comforting.

"Hello, Liam. Long time, no see. I've brought a newborn. Well, she's 4 months old, but her parents disappeared. I saved her from the dangers of the forest nearby. May she be a part of this nursery? Her name is Chu," he said, and he looked to all the other Pokemon. He smiled at each and every one of them, introducing himself as Sol.

Chu looked around in awe, and especially at the big dragon dinosaur thing in front of her. She saw a smaller version of the big dragon dinosaur thing and crawled over to Racki, wanting to poke his fin.

There were two eggs in the nursery closet, left there for safekeeping. The eggs felt a slight surge of heat, and there it was.
It was time.
The shell was cracking rapidly, and soon enough, half of the egg popped open. A tiny dog walked out of the egg. "Eev?" she asked quietly. "Eev-wee?" She looked around in the dark, soon wailing. She was afraid of this. "EEEEEEEEEEEE!" it cried. Meanwhile, the other egg was cracking open. As the egg popped off, a tiny owl tried flying out of its home and flopped on its face, beginning to cry softly from the injury. Eevee saw this Pokémon and walked to it, sniffing its bowtie and face. "Eev!" it said, declaring friendship by licking its face.
"Row!" the owl Pokémon exclaimed, jumping back. "Ow-let!"
Then, a nurse walked in and took them in her arms. She carried them to a room where they could see much better, and fed and milked them. Then, they were nurtured to health. The owl began pecking at the woman and the dog licked her hand. "You two stay here," she said. "I'll be right back."

The egg in the glass wobbled a bit, dust flowing out of a little crack of the egg. The Sandshrew inside, peered out, quickly laying her back to the eggshell, curling up.

She actually had been the first to hatch, but refused to come out, only letting out dust when Pokemon or trainers came near.

Last edited:
Sol rest his head on Liam's shoulder, as a quadruped can't exactly hug, especially when he's been running for awhile. Chu stopped trying to poke Racki's fin and stood up, wobbling a little. She turned around and her tail twitched upwards. Chu squeaked, wanting to have a show of bravery by touching tails with the Gible. Her cheeks sparked with life and her tail wiggled, wanting him to touch tails with her.

Racki only had a small tail, more of a finn attached to his lower body, he understood and put his tail out to touch Chu's.
"...What are they trying to do?" Liam asked concerned for them, if Chu all of a sudden zapped Racki no problem would be involved considering he's a ground type.

Chu's tail reacted with Racki's and there were a shower of sparks erupting from both. Chu tried to stay still as much as she could, but the electricity coming back to her because of Racki's immunity caused her to jump around and squeal with energy. She ran circles around Racki, held his hands and began hopping and dancing in a circle with him. Or at least attempted to. Her arms were quite stubby and the boundless energy she possessed would've either looked like she was gonna give him a hug or a high-five.

Sol chuckled as he saw the young ones play, smiling happily and laying down, watching them to make sure they don't hurt themselves.

Racki grinned and danced around with his new friend,
"Why not hurt?" Racki asked his father while still jumping around enjoying himself. Liam stood their watching before his reply.
"Your a ground type!" Liam laughed patting Chu with his fins. "So Sol, we have a lot to catch up on." Liam said pulling out his dusk stone. "Remeber this Sol." Liam asked pointing to it, "The Elder gave it to us!"

Last edited:
Chu liked the pat that Liam had given her and hugged his fin before jumping around with Racki once again. Sol looked at the Dusk Stone and smiled happily, slightly bouncing on his hind feet from the excitement on meeting his friend. He replied with a "yes", unable to keep in his excitement. I guess reunions does make you feel nice, thought Sol. Chu looked around at all the other Pokemon. She looked at the Buneary with a vest. The only words she knew were adjectives and a state of being, so when she saw the Buneary she exclaimed: "Fluffy!"

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
There was an egg. A crackling noise was heard from it. It was hatching. A little Eevee came out. The darkness and loneliness made her cry loudly, "Veeeeeeee!" She cried and cried. She needed a hug, "Vee! Veeee!" She cried some more. She hoped somebody could hug or cuddle her. She was also really hungry, "Veeeeeee!" She cried as she fell from her egg shell, and face planted, which made her cry even more, "Eevee! Veee!" She cried loudly for affection, as she sat down, with her little arm touching her little muzzle.

Sol and Chu, hearing the crying of a hatchling looked toward the noise. Chu wobbled on over to the hatchling, eager to make friends. She then exclaimed "Fluffy!" and proceeded to hug the crying Eevee. She then whispered "Soft...", burying her head into the soft collar. Static electricity began to form from her rubbing the fur with her cheeks, and a slight crackling could be heard from Chu's cheeks. Her tail goes limp as she holds the crying baby, wanting to help make her feel better but also loving the softness of her fur.

Last edited:

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
The little hatchling felt better while hugging the Pichu, "Vee!" She said as she hugged back Chu. She waddled ove to Sol, "Dad!" She exclaimed as she pointed to Sol, "Sister!" She pointed at Chu. She seemed confident about this, she got up on Sol's back, and wanted to Chu to come over, too, "Come! Come!" She exclaimed to Chu.

Last edited:
Sol chuckled and muttered under his breath: "I don't think I did any kind of birds and bees..." He knelt down so the Eevee can hop on to his back, his fur soft and warm. Chu cocked her head at the word of sister, as it was foreign to her. She looked to Sol questionably, who then explained what sister meant. "It means that you are siblings. You were both born from the same parent."

Chu looked up at Eevee and shrugged her shoulders, believing it for the time being and hopped on to Sol's back. Sol stood up and Chu exclaimed: "Ride! Ride!"

Sol looked at Chu and saw her with her hands up and seated at the scruff of his neck. He sighed and shook his head, looking over to Liam for help.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Ride! Pwease?" She looked at Sol with Baby-Doll-Eyes. She began hopping on Sol's back, "Ride! Ride!" She exclaimed. She began poking Sol's sword-like thing coming from his head. She was really curious, as she continued poking it, before she got bored, and began talking with Chu, "Sister!" She pointed at Chu again, not knowing Chu wasn't actually her sister.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ahem.
I don't recall authorizing a Mega Stone to appear in this RP. Mega Evolution catalysts require staff approval before they appear in RPs. Admittedly, this RP does not appear to involve humans (and therefore, Mega Evolution cannot take place to begin with) - but that is beside the point.

Remove references to that, please.

Chu exclaimed the same thing, but having trouble trying to say it, since it was a new word for her: "Sischtah!" was what came out and she hugged the Eevee. Sol sighed, letting them torment him as a metaphorical sweatdrop appeared and he decided to walk around for a bit. "We can talk later, Liam. I have kids to entertain..." he chuckled and hopped away, trotting around the building. Chu squealed with delight and held on to Eevee and Sol's fur for dear life, but Sol was being gentle, until he began trotting. The trotting actually made Chu bounce around, and she tried her best to hold on.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Eevee was holding Chu, and hugged her, attempting to make her feel better. Eevee was holding on to Chu,hugging her big 'sister' "Stawhp!" She said calmly, as she helped Chu get off. She found a small orange ball with a star drawn on it. She began biting it, but nothing was happening, the ball rolled away, and Eevee began chasing it.

Sol stopped and let the kids get off. As soon as Chu got off, she watched Eevee play with the orange ball. She decided to run after it, tripping a little here and there, but finally caught up to Eevee. She hopped on the ball, and it bounced, then she found herself upside down, hugging the ball. As soon as it landed, the ball tilted so Chu didn't land on the ground to harshly. The weight and drag caused the ball to bounce no more, and it simply rolled until Chu bonked her head on the ground. She let go, startled by the sudden stop and put her hands to her head. She felt nothing out of the ordinary and looked at the ball with wonder. She then headbutted the ball to Eevee, wanting to play some variant of catch.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
The ball was bounced to Eevee, she bonked the ball lightly, but still enough for the ball to go back to Chu. She smiled, and had already took a liking to the game, "Bauwhl!" She said attempting to say 'Ball' She was learning quite quickly, not quicker than Chu, though. Chu seemed like her 'big sister' Eevee didn't have a name, yet. She would've liked to choose her name.

Sol watched as the two Pokemon played, but also kept an acute awareness to the other children nearby. He basked in the sun, letting the sun's rays warm up his fur and skin as he watched. Chu, loving the game, smacked the ball with her tail. It seemed like Chu was already getting used to using her tail, but that was because this baby has hatched a week ago. If she were any younger, her eyelids wouldn't be open, so she wouldn't have been able to play as effectively. Plus, her hand-eye coordination would've been... Sup-par at best. She squeaked happily as she played, wanting to keep playing with her new-found friend.