• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Lost Realm

Name: Frank
*Nickname: Flare
Species: Charmander

*Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze

Personality: Smart
Appearance: Weird
Alignment: ?
*Backstory: Was In A Egg In A Volcano, When A Bit Of Lighting Zapped The Egg Then Flare Was Born.
*Crush: Mae
Starting Location: Orangl Town
*Other: ?
Word: What Do I Do Best? Munch And Lax

I apoligize if I've been a bit quiet; I've been more ill lately and I've been silent in some roleplays since the latest content of some roleplayers has really been so bad to the point where I couldn't really partake in some of the roleplays at all. (Especially from what I'm noticing from ONE of the people right here.......................)

@Pikachuze Accepted, but could you be a bit more descriptive in appearance- is Frank a normal Charmander, shiny, or differently colored? And I assume by alignment being "?" he works for his own purposes/and/or is neutral?

Name: Zani
Nickname: Zani has no nickname, but is known as 'Boss' to the members of her group.
Species: Zani is a Mawile
Type: Like any other Mawile, Zani is [Type]Steel[/Type][Type]Fairy[/Type]
Ability: Zani's ability is Sheer Force.
Personality: Zani is quite manipulative and cruel. She will act scared, frightened, afraid, or anything else to make her seem vulnerable, her second "head" will assist in this as well. Once she has earned the trust of said victim, her second head and herself will pounce and attack the target. Apart from her cunning side, she is very bossy and cruel, letting nothing stop her from getting her way. Her second head seems to have a personality of its own, often attacking others at will. However, it is very obedient to Zani herself.
Appearance: Zani's coloration is that of a normal Mawile. However, she is much smaller than the average height, 2'0"- and stands at 1'5". Her weight is also decreased. Though in battle, it appears her second head grows in size, and Zani manages to balance this out.
Alignment: Thanks to permission from @spookyscary, Zani is an antagonist- a leader of a gang of rogues in The Desert. However, if due to emotional or physical weakness, she may switch sides to neutral (whichever side will benefit her in the end), or perhaps even the heroic side.
Backstory: Zani lived in Tranic City, in a time where it prospered and was the center of attention. Life was perfect for her, she was spoiled and loved by her whole family. In fact, they planned a trip to Rose Valley to have an official family reunion when she was nine, rather, she'd be nine if she lived life as a human. The ship was wrecked and cast away from where it was intended to go. It landed in the Desert. Only Zani and her mother managed to survive the crash. Zani was protected by her mother until a gang of Fire-Types brutally attacked them when they were alone in a Mystery Dungeon. By sacrificing herself, Zani's mother allowed the young Mawile enough time to escape. After days of running, Zani was found by a weak rogue tribe who claimed her to be their savior, and continued to raise her, until she adopted their mindset of cruelty. She soon became a tyrant, ruling over the tribe, yet also saving them, bringing them into the highest ranks of tribes and being feared across The Desert.
Crush: Zani has no love interest at the moment, and is aromatic, as well as antisocial.
Starting Location: Zani and a crew of NPCs will begin on a boat hijacked from a shipwreck in The Desert that was repaired to function normally, heading towards Creek Village.
Other: Nothing.

Name: Pastel
Nickname: Pastel has no current nicknames.
Age: Pastel would be 14 if he grew up as a human, yet he hatched from his egg in less time than 14 years.
Species: Pastel is a Mareep.
Type: Pastel's type is like any other Mareep. [Type]Electric[/Type], however, he knows Disarming Voice and a few Water-Type moves.
Ability: Pastel's ability is Static.
Personality: Pastel is usually carefree and calm, as well as naïve and gullible for his age. Yet, he accepts an offer easily and appears greedy at times. Even though some of his traits come off as rude, he is truly a sheepish and kind Mareep.
Appearance: Pastel's white-yellow fur is actually a light, pastel blue color. It is still tinted the yellow color it is supposed to be. Apart from that, he is completely normal.
Alignment: Pastel's current affiliation is with the heroes, however, he is more neutral than others, and will easily switch to helping those who plot destruction or other horrid deeds if he deems it necessary.
Backstory: Pastel hatched in Creek Forest and wandered until he made it to the Village. There, a family of Eeveelutions raised him, and gave him their house before they disappeared, one of the first cases of the odd disappearances. In a search to look for his adopted family, a force of corrupted scientists took him in for 'research'. In a failed attempt to change his type, his electric wool became the color it is now, and he learned Disarming Voice instantly and a handful of Water-Type moves. The scientists set him free, regarding him as a failure- however, they decided that they'd keep an eye on him, if his abilities ever became useful. Pastel himself doubts that the Poké-scientists are still following him, as the odd feeling of being watched has vanished.
Crush: Pastel has some romantic interest in Lily the Leafeon, however, he'd rather not admit it to her.
Starting Location: Pastel will begin in his home in Creek Village, a blue home that looks as if it is made of wool or cotton candy. It is very small and consists of a kitchen, a table to eat, a very small living room, and a bed, his "bedroom".
Other: Nothing.

Word:
Good Eeveening! Ah, I should've kept my Meowth shut, it's actually about 8- for me. Don't worry, I'll Raichu an... RP application form? It's very Tentacool! My heart will be Regice if I get denied... just kidding! There's no Shaymin trying!
I'm really not sorry

Last edited:
Name:Ken
*Nickname:

Species:Greninja
*Type: Water/Dark
Ability:protean, can use Camoflague
Personality:Quiet, Just
Appearance:Greninja in a black cloak
Alignment: Neutral
*Backstory: He was born with a mysterious dark power.
Starting Location: Creek village
Word: I'd Pikachu in the shower. JK. I'd raichu an apology letter Never gonna give Mew up

Name: Bastet
*Nickname: ??? (Bastet is a thief, she has some bounties despite her age)
Species: Purrloin
*Type: [type]Dark[/type]
Ability: Prankster (Hidden Ability)
Personality: Nonchalant, calm, and sarcastic. If Bastet ever heard the term of "look before you leap", she'd rather just go ahead and leap before looking.
Appearance: The average Purrloin, though she wears a black hooded cape on most occasions. She has white gloves on her front paws, as she is originally a trained thief.
*Backstory: Bastet was raised in Tanzanite Town, in order to survive she stole from the shops. The Purrloin was raised, growing up to learn how to steal from the gullible Tanzanite Town merchants. It is currently unknown how she met Ryari, her closest friend. (More in RolePlay)
*Crush: None; "Who needs to be in love when you can have all the gold and money in the world?"
Starting Location: Tanzanite Town
*Other: Close friend of Ryari. Being wanted to most guilds, she is a Rank D mission on her own. If Ryari happens to show some form of care, Bastet would be a Rank C mission. (As discussed with @spookyscary )

Name:
Ryari
*Nickname: Ree-ree (By Bastet--Ryari hates it)
Species: Absol
*Type: [type]Dark[/type]
Ability:
Super Luck
Personality: Quiet, doesn't seem to understand basic emotions... She is pretty formal compared to Bastet and attempts to keep Bastet in line.
Appearance: An Absol who wears a black cloak that is normally worn by Pokemon like Lucario or Weavile.
*Backstory: Ryari was never a social Beautifly. She grew up around the hostile areas of Tanzanite, focusing on learning survival through combat. As of now, it's unknown how Ryari met Bastet. (More in RolePlay)
*Crush: None; "I've never heard of something like a 'crush'. By 'crush', do you mean the term related to 'destroy'?"
Starting Location: Outside of Tanzanite Town
*Other: Considers Bastet an "acquaintance" and is not use to social customs. She is a tag team with Bastet, although Ryari doesn't have a bounty on her head.

Word: It'd be "Tentacruel" if I just started to fill this with the most "Oddish" of jokes. "Wynaut" start now? I could make you "Screech" for an SOS now. I guess you could say... This was a "Resh"?.... "-iram." .....Nailed it.

Name: Josh
Nickname: Yellow
Species: Pikachu
Type: [type]electric[/type]
Ability: Static
Personality: Shy, Very brave during dangerous situations, very friendly, helpful, kinda depressed
Appearance: Backwards Hat with extra hair sticking out in the front, red and blue bandana
Alignment: Hero
Backstory: Was abused by parents and grabbed all his favorite belongings and got his siblings and they all ran away. But got separated due to a kidnapping. Yellow is depressed and tried to cut himself but stopped by his crush...
Crush: Glaceon
Starting Location: (Walking towards Creek Village)
Other: Gets tired quickly...

Name: Glaceon
Nickname: Glacia
Species: Glaceon
Type: [type]ice[/type]
Ability: Snow Cloak
Personality: Generous, Cares for everyone, very social
Appearance: Pink Bow on Left Ear
Backstory: Was Yellow's neighbor until they all ran away. Glacia went to find them but had no success until she found Yellow at the park. She stopped him from cutting himself and calmed him down.
Crush: Mixed Feelings on Yellow
Starting Location: (Walking With Yellow To Creek Village)
Other: Takes medicine for her heart.

Word: I was told that we say Adios in Spanish. But I looked it up and it said that you say "Latios" to say goodbye.

S(sorry if that was bad.... I couldn't think of anything so I just chose the first thing that popped into my head)

Last edited:
The RP is up!: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-lost-realm-pokemon-mystery-dungeon.16183/
Pokémon have built up their civilization over time, around Mystery Dungeons- odd formations that seem to change every so often. It seems as if all has been peaceful for far too long, though. Until, Pokémon begin to disappear, and some become violent, running away from home and attacking people, then disappearing. And, reports of seeing odd, glowing eyes in the dark, or portals in the sky have spawned and skyrocketed.
Arceus is powerless to stop this, but they know who isn't. Bringing one human from a totally different realm, Arceus hopes that this human will meet the right Pokémon to save the world, and discover what's really going on.
That was my introduction to the RP. My character will be a Pokémon that was once a human, and if you want yours to be too, ask. Not too many though, I'd rather have more normal Pokémon.

Anyway, I decided to make a few towns for the RP. They have dungeons and stuff around them. The main place is Creek Village and all Creek Village areas, so your character must either start at Creek Village or be traveling to Creek Village. (Creek Village Mines/Forest/Lake/Dock count as a starting area too)
To make it easier to navigate I colored all of the different locations. Sorry if that bothers you, though, and tell me if you can't read something, I'll make it darker. You can request more locations, but I thought I actually overdid it XD

Creek Village
Creek Village is a small town, holding a few houses, one large farm, a dock, and a school place. There's a huge hill with a large oak tree on it that encompasses the view of Creek Village. Residents visit this place sometimes. Creek Village is surrounded by a forest, so it's far from other civilizations.
Creek Village Mines
Near the forest, there are mines- Mystery Dungeons with a huge mineshaft at the end. Crystals are located everywhere, the walls are a dark gray, stone color. Not many Pokémon venture down here.
Creek Forest
Around Creek Village, there is a forest. If you pass enough Mystery Dungeons throughout this forest, you will make it to Tanzanite Town.
The Lake
Within Creek Forest, there is a lake, Creek Lake. It seems to sparkle and glow, and is always a bright blue color. Waterfalls splash water back and forth into the lake, it's very beautiful scenery and a reason to why you should walk through the forest.
Creek Village Dock
Supplies and everything else arrives here. If you have enough coins, you can travel to another town via boat.

Tanzanite Town
Tanzanite Town has been affected most by the disappearances and suddenly violent Pokémon. The Town used to be a happy place, but now residents seem to hide at home. There are many homes here, and in the center of the Town, there is a Town Hall. It was a very busy place, with many shops and plazas. To get here, you must pass through the Creek Forest or take a boat trip.

Crescent City
Crescent City is where the top explorers meet, the top battlers, everything. The best Pokémon gathers at a special building on a hill. There's also a tournament for battling here twice a year, choosing one Champion. Apart from that, Crescent City is highly defensive, so the sudden outbreak hasn't affected them much. This place is much more busy than Tanzanite Town, more shops, and everything. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon guilds gather here, too.

Orangi Town
Orangi Town is more of a place for markets and learning about Mystery Dungeons than staying there to live. Of course, a few people live here or stay there in the Orangi Motel. Orangi Town is on a small island, so you must take a boat ride to get there.

Moon Village
Moon Village is famous for their many bakeries. It's very close to Creek Village, there's actually a pathway to it. It's a more rural area than Tanzanite Town, and it seems semi-safe.

Skye Town
Skye Town is made up of tree houses where mostly Flying, Bug, Grass, and sometimes even Fairy types live. The treehouses give these Pokémon a healthy life, and even though it may seem odd, they have a perfectly normal society.

Tranic City
Tranic City is huge, even larger than Crescent City, but it seems abandoned. Trees have fallen and total disaster lies over this city. Nobody goes there anymore unless they're looking for trouble with the vicious Pokémon that seem to guard the rubble of a once famous city.

The Desert
Away from society, only accessible if your boat somehow strays away from its location, is a desert filled with Mystery Dungeons. Tribes and gangs of rogue Pokémon meet here. There are Mystery Dungeons scattered all over the place. If you do get here, it's very dangerous.

Floating Isle
Every Town has a warp pad to this place. There are message boards listing problems Pokémon have, new Mystery Dungeons and everything else that's useful. There is an oracle here as well as a few shops. There's a huge portal guarded by two Hitmonlees and the Key-Keeper, a young little Starly. This portal will lead you to any Dungeon you can imagine.

Rose Valley
A beautiful valley, located past Moon Village. It is covered in roses and oddly, cherry blossom trees. The ground is a lush green color, and it seems that this place is an island. It has the weirdest geography ever. Some legends say you will find 'the one' here, but that's only because it's so beautiful.

Volcaniar
Volcaniar is the nickname for the tallest volcano in all the land. Many Mystery Dungeon explorers climb up here. It's obviously very dangerous and it's recommended only Fire-Types go here. At the top of Volcaniar there is a bridge, a very old one, leading to a floating island with a shrine. Nobody knows what the shrine does or why it is near a mildly active volcano.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules are important... so here are the rules.
1. No legendary, mythical, or fully evolved pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
2. No Z-Moves or Mega Stones.
3. No Fakémon. Your Pokémon OC can be type-swapped or something if you have a reason why.
4. Your OC may start off in a different city or town, but you must get to Creek Village.

Name:
*Nickname:
Age: (Age is gonna be a bit weird... but just put the age they'd be if they were a human. Or if they were a human and became a Pokémon, what their age was.)
Species:
*Type: (Not optional if you type swapped)
Ability:
Personality:
Appearance:
Alignment: (If you got permission you can be an antagonist) Heroes/Neutral/Antagonist/Other?
*Backstory: (Must be revealed in RP)
*Crush:
Starting Location:
*Other:
Word:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my OCs~
Name: Charlotte
*Nickname: Charlie

Species: Fennekin

*Type: [Type]Fire[/Type]
Ability: Magician
Personality: Curious and a bit shy. Even though she is shy, she loves to be around other people but hates introducing herself. Asks way too many questions and wishes she could become friends with people more easily.
Appearance: She looks like a normal Fennekin, except her eyes, which are darker than a normal Fennekin. She has an orange bow on her front right paw.
Alignment: Heroes
*Backstory: Before being turned into a Pokémon, Charlie was a Trainer, trying to become the Champion. (More will be revealed in RP)

*Crush: N/A
Starting Location: Creek Village (The lake area)
*Other: Lost most memories about being a human.

Name: Mae

*Nickname: N/A
Species: Mienfoo
*Type: [Type]Fighting[/Type]
Ability: Regenerator
Personality: Determined and battle-ready, loves to be with other people. Can be very serious, too, and when she's serious she becomes colder and focused. Apart from that, she's very kind and hates the dark, even though she's a fighting type.
Appearance: Normal Meinfoo. Usually, she wears a bandana or gloves on her paws.
*Backstory: Mae was left to be an orphan at a young age, and moved away from Creek Village. Now, she's going back to her home in Creek Village. (Rest of backstory will be revealed in RP)
*Crush: N/A
Starting Location: Orangi Town
*Other: N/A

Also, there will be a totally different realm to explore, hence the name 'Lost Realm'... okay that's all I have to spoil

Sorry for the long post! :( if your application gets rejected, you can reread the rules and edit your post, then you'll probably be accepted. Tell me if I made any mistakes or errors, or if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I feel like this RP is gonna die out/be ignored but it's worth a shot :p

Name: Psy
Nickname: None, but sometimes refers to himself as "The Awakened"
Age: Doesn't know his own age, but is estimated to be 15 or so
Species: Abra
Type: Psychic
Ability: Magic Guard(Yes, the HA! If that's not allowed, then Synchronize)
Personality: Isn't very sleepy for an Abra, or at all. He is very trustworthy, although he might not always follow through with promises if he made them.
Backstory: Psy doesn't remember where he was born, or anything about his past. He became a wanderer after waking up in the Forest with no memory. Rest of backstory will be revealed(no, he's not a human)
Crush: N/A
Starting Area: Just outside Creek Village
Other: Nothing!
Word: Audino what this is for
Edit: Appearance: A Normal Abra, but if you look closely, you can see his eyes.
Move set: Teleport, plus the egg move Ice Punch

Last edited:
Sorry, I've just come back from some days out of my city. I'm happy that this Roleplay is getting more and more people involved.

Anyways, I'll wait until the daytime for my next post... I don't think that my characters can do a lot more for now.

@kenwiz01 Charlie and Marona are inside a house right now. You'd need to open the door to get in.
@CoolWeegee123 RP posts should be in a story-format, past tense, according to PRP rules. I don't want this thread to get shut down because of stuff like that.
Apart from that, you're doing fine- anyways, I'm gonna time skip to day so that more can be done in the rp :D

@kenwiz01 Charlie and Marona are inside a house right now. You'd need to open the door to get in.
@CoolWeegee123 RP posts should be in a story-format, past tense, according to PRP rules. I don't want this thread to get shut down because of stuff like that.
Apart from that, you're doing fine- anyways, I'm gonna time skip to day so that more can be done in the rp :D
Oh okay. Sorry. I'm not used to doing that.

It's alright! Just try looking at what others are doing, and try to incorporate their dialogue and scenery into one post

Is this correct?

Attachments

• IMG_4253.PNG
    IMG_4253.PNG
    133.3 KB · Views: 32
I would post, but my character is in critical condition.
You can actually trace Psy's family tree due to Egg Moves.
His parents are an Alakazam and Machamp, and his grandparents are Alakazam, an unknown Pokémon, Machamp, and either Hitmonchan or Medicham.

I have a few questions:
1. Are there TMs, like in the real Mystery Dungeon?
2. Does evolution require a special location, like in the real Mystery Dungeon?

I am lost in the story. Idk what's happening and what to do. Like, what is going on? I just arrived in town. But I don't know what to do. I don't feel included because I haven't been greeted yet.

Name:Ariel
Nickname:Ari
Species:popplio
Type:Water
Personality:Shy and awkward, but will protect those she has grown close to. She really likes swimming.
Alignment :Heroes
Backstory:Formerly a human,she was once a Contest Perfomer.
Crush:Currently none
Starting Area:Creek Forest
Other:None
Word:If your dog Growlithes,it's not a good sign.

Name:Tommy
Nickname:Zero
Species:Mudkip
Type: Water , Ground
Personality:Fun, Social, likes to have a lot of fun with friends, hates bullies and tries to help people who are being bullied.
Alignment:Heroes
Backstory:Formerly a human, he was an amazing trainer from Hoenn.
Crush:Currently Single, but will have one... Eventually.
Starting area:Creek Village Dock
Other:He started on the bottom of the dock.
Word:My Ma will Chocke you unless you take back what you said about her.