• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: The Lost Realm

The RP is up!: https://pokecharms.com/threads/the-lost-realm-pokemon-mystery-dungeon.16183/
Pokémon have built up their civilization over time, around Mystery Dungeons- odd formations that seem to change every so often. It seems as if all has been peaceful for far too long, though. Until, Pokémon begin to disappear, and some become violent, running away from home and attacking people, then disappearing. And, reports of seeing odd, glowing eyes in the dark, or portals in the sky have spawned and skyrocketed.
Arceus is powerless to stop this, but they know who isn't. Bringing one human from a totally different realm, Arceus hopes that this human will meet the right Pokémon to save the world, and discover what's really going on.
That was my introduction to the RP. My character will be a Pokémon that was once a human, and if you want yours to be too, ask. Not too many though, I'd rather have more normal Pokémon.

Anyway, I decided to make a few towns for the RP. They have dungeons and stuff around them. The main place is Creek Village and all Creek Village areas, so your character must either start at Creek Village or be traveling to Creek Village. (Creek Village Mines/Forest/Lake/Dock count as a starting area too)
To make it easier to navigate I colored all of the different locations. Sorry if that bothers you, though, and tell me if you can't read something, I'll make it darker. You can request more locations, but I thought I actually overdid it XD

Creek Village
Creek Village is a small town, holding a few houses, one large farm, a dock, and a school place. There's a huge hill with a large oak tree on it that encompasses the view of Creek Village. Residents visit this place sometimes. Creek Village is surrounded by a forest, so it's far from other civilizations.
Creek Village Mines
Near the forest, there are mines- Mystery Dungeons with a huge mineshaft at the end. Crystals are located everywhere, the walls are a dark gray, stone color. Not many Pokémon venture down here.
Creek Forest
Around Creek Village, there is a forest. If you pass enough Mystery Dungeons throughout this forest, you will make it to Tanzanite Town.
The Lake
Within Creek Forest, there is a lake, Creek Lake. It seems to sparkle and glow, and is always a bright blue color. Waterfalls splash water back and forth into the lake, it's very beautiful scenery and a reason to why you should walk through the forest.
Creek Village Dock
Supplies and everything else arrives here. If you have enough coins, you can travel to another town via boat.

Tanzanite Town
Tanzanite Town has been affected most by the disappearances and suddenly violent Pokémon. The Town used to be a happy place, but now residents seem to hide at home. There are many homes here, and in the center of the Town, there is a Town Hall. It was a very busy place, with many shops and plazas. To get here, you must pass through the Creek Forest or take a boat trip.

Crescent City
Crescent City is where the top explorers meet, the top battlers, everything. The best Pokémon gathers at a special building on a hill. There's also a tournament for battling here twice a year, choosing one Champion. Apart from that, Crescent City is highly defensive, so the sudden outbreak hasn't affected them much. This place is much more busy than Tanzanite Town, more shops, and everything. Pokémon Mystery Dungeon guilds gather here, too.

Orangi Town
Orangi Town is more of a place for markets and learning about Mystery Dungeons than staying there to live. Of course, a few people live here or stay there in the Orangi Motel. Orangi Town is on a small island, so you must take a boat ride to get there.

Moon Village
Moon Village is famous for their many bakeries. It's very close to Creek Village, there's actually a pathway to it. It's a more rural area than Tanzanite Town, and it seems semi-safe.

Skye Town
Skye Town is made up of tree houses where mostly Flying, Bug, Grass, and sometimes even Fairy types live. The treehouses give these Pokémon a healthy life, and even though it may seem odd, they have a perfectly normal society.

Tranic City
Tranic City is huge, even larger than Crescent City, but it seems abandoned. Trees have fallen and total disaster lies over this city. Nobody goes there anymore unless they're looking for trouble with the vicious Pokémon that seem to guard the rubble of a once famous city.

The Desert
Away from society, only accessible if your boat somehow strays away from its location, is a desert filled with Mystery Dungeons. Tribes and gangs of rogue Pokémon meet here. There are Mystery Dungeons scattered all over the place. If you do get here, it's very dangerous.

Floating Isle
Every Town has a warp pad to this place. There are message boards listing problems Pokémon have, new Mystery Dungeons and everything else that's useful. There is an oracle here as well as a few shops. There's a huge portal guarded by two Hitmonlees and the Key-Keeper, a young little Starly. This portal will lead you to any Dungeon you can imagine.

Rose Valley
A beautiful valley, located past Moon Village. It is covered in roses and oddly, cherry blossom trees. The ground is a lush green color, and it seems that this place is an island. It has the weirdest geography ever. Some legends say you will find 'the one' here, but that's only because it's so beautiful.

Volcaniar
Volcaniar is the nickname for the tallest volcano in all the land. Many Mystery Dungeon explorers climb up here. It's obviously very dangerous and it's recommended only Fire-Types go here. At the top of Volcaniar there is a bridge, a very old one, leading to a floating island with a shrine. Nobody knows what the shrine does or why it is near a mildly active volcano.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rules are important... so here are the rules.
1. No legendary, mythical, or fully evolved pseudo-legendary Pokémon.
2. No Z-Moves or Mega Stones.
3. No Fakémon. Your Pokémon OC can be type-swapped or something if you have a reason why.
4. Your OC may start off in a different city or town, but you must get to Creek Village.
5. Only 2 characters maximum, and only one can be shiny. But try not to have too many shinies.
6. You can offer more places to explore if you want. Suggestions are okay.
7. No cussing.
8. Canon places aren't in the rp so don't find them
9. Romance is allowed, but keep it PG-13.
10. No gore, keep everything not-too-violent
11. If you're going to be battling another RPer, have your battles make sense. Discuss who will lose and win privately or here, in the discussion chat.
12. You can have an antagonist character but ask first.
13. NO TRAINERS.
14. Don't quit the RP randomly.
15. No one-liners, and not too many OOC posts.
If you read the rules, put ANY Pokémon pun in your 'Word:' slot in the rp form.
Here is the RP Form. Anything that has an asterisk next to it is optional.

Name:
*Nickname:
Age: (Age is gonna be a bit weird... but just put the age they'd be if they were a human. Or if they were a human and became a Pokémon, what their age was.)
Species:
*Type: (Not optional if you type swapped)
Ability:
Personality:
Appearance:
Alignment: (If you got permission you can be an antagonist) Heroes/Neutral/Antagonist/Other?
*Backstory: (Must be revealed in RP)
*Crush:
Starting Location:
*Other:
Word:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here are my OCs~
Name: Charlotte
*Nickname: Charlie

Species: Fennekin

*Type: [Type]Fire[/Type]
Ability: Magician
Personality: Curious and a bit shy. Even though she is shy, she loves to be around other people but hates introducing herself. Asks way too many questions and wishes she could become friends with people more easily.
Appearance: She looks like a normal Fennekin, except her eyes, which are darker than a normal Fennekin. She has an orange bow on her front right paw.
Alignment: Heroes
*Backstory: Before being turned into a Pokémon, Charlie was a Trainer, trying to become the Champion. (More will be revealed in RP)

*Crush: N/A
Starting Location: Creek Village (The lake area)
*Other: Lost most memories about being a human.

Name: Mae

*Nickname: N/A
Species: Mienfoo
*Type: [Type]Fighting[/Type]
Ability: Regenerator
Personality: Determined and battle-ready, loves to be with other people. Can be very serious, too, and when she's serious she becomes colder and focused. Apart from that, she's very kind and hates the dark, even though she's a fighting type.
Appearance: Normal Meinfoo. Usually, she wears a bandana or gloves on her paws.
*Backstory: Mae was left to be an orphan at a young age, and moved away from Creek Village. Now, she's going back to her home in Creek Village. (Rest of backstory will be revealed in RP)
Starting Location: Orangi Town
*Other: N/A

NPCS:
Mr. Dwel, mayor of Creek Village. He is a Toucannon, a respectable, kind man.
Currently being controlled by:
@spookyscary (me)
- You can ask to control this character.
Zani's gang of evil-doers.
Can only be controlled by @Celsci

Also, there will be a totally different realm to explore, hence the name 'Lost Realm'... okay that's all I have to spoil

Sorry for the long post! :( if your application gets rejected, you can reread the rules and edit your post, then you'll probably be accepted. Tell me if I made any mistakes or errors, or if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

I feel like this RP is gonna die out/be ignored but it's worth a shot :p

Last edited:
Name : Marona
Nickname( or what she wants to be nicknamed): the white butterfly
Species :Zorua
Type : dark
Ability: illusion
Personality : extremely timid in most cases however she loves butterfly Pokemon like beautifly ,and she also loves really warm and soft Pokemon. She is very friendly and familiar toward s such Pokemon even if she hasn't met them yet. This means that if the enemy if a Pokemon that she thinks looks fluffy she will run up and give it a hug unless she is already hugging someone just as fluffy. She also really hates getting wet.
Appearance: She has dyed her fur white except for the red parts which she dyed pink. She is also wearing costume beautifly wings and a golden ribbon like a collar.
Alignment: good she would never intentionally do anything bad though she believes all fluffy Pokemon and butterfly Pokemon are good so if a evil Beautifly tells her to do something she will think that would be something that would be good for the world.
Backstory: her parents didn't feel they would be good Pokemon so they left her egg with a bunch of beautifly in creek forest. She has learned to survive off only what she finds there, so she has a keen eye for what is safe to eat in the forest and what isn't.
Starting location :creek forest

Name : Alex ( but he tells no one this )
Nickname: Anubis
Species:Fennekin
Type: fire
Ability: blaze
Personality: always trying to make a friend He would do anything for a friend that wouldn't betray him good neutral or evil as long as they don't betray him he would do anything for whoever he is befriended by. He is very loyal to his friends. He is more loyal to one friend if they befriended him before the other. He would do anything to make his friends happy wether they are good or evil. If befriended by an evil Pokemon as long as they don't do anything to hurt him he is practically a personal servant, assassin, or whatever else is requested of him.
Appearance: He wears a golden mask. He heard they help you befriend other Pokemon so he stole one from a kecleon in a mystery dungeon and managed to get away with it. Other then that is a normal fennekin.
Alignment: whatever the alignment of his first friend is
Backstory: his parents left him to die then he was kept in an orphanage he was bullied so he ran from there he once saved another fennekin from drowning that Fennekin was one of the aggressive Pokemon and they tried to hurt him.
Starting point: moon village
Word: why am I here. Wynaut.

Last edited:
This is good, but you forgot one thing in the 'Word' section that I didn't put, I put it at the bottom of the rules section. Edit that somewhere in your post and you're accepted :D

Name: Tracer
Nickname: Ace
Species: Riolu
Type: [TYPE]fighting[/TYPE]
Ability: Inner Focus
Personality: Ace is very laid back and optimistic, but is very very lazy, which he makes up in Smarts, having an IQ of 300.
Appearance: He looks completely diffrent from any regular Riolu. He has Red Fur instead of regular cobalt fur. He also carried over A brown coat, and a pouch full of random cards.
Alignment: Neutral
Backstory: Before he was turned into a Pokemon, he lived a basic life as a 9th grader, with good grades and nice family, of course, until he was turned into a Pokemon.
Crush: N/A
Starting Location: Creek Village (Lake Area)
Other: N/A

Name: Blu
Nickname: N/A
Species: Meowstic
Type: [TYPE]psychic[/TYPE]
Ability: Infiltrator
Personality: Blu is pretty paranoid and powerfull aswell. While some of his attacks are stat based, he has 2 powerful attack moves.
Appearance: Blu looks like any other Meowstic, and that he is, except with a bowtie, which is a Joy Ribbon.
Backstory: Blu is known as the Village crazy person, which he technically is, even due to his age. He doesn't seem to mind it though and is taken a custom to it.
Crush: N/A
Starting Location: Creek Village
Other: N/A

Word: All of these puns are 'Onix'ceptable

Name: Beatrice
*Nickname:
Bea
Species: Litten
*Type:
[Type]Fire[/Type][Type]Ghost[/Type]
Ability:
Cursed Body
Personality:
Pessimistic and quiet, prefers to be alone. Ever since she 'died' she has become paranoid, and will side with whoever has the upper hand. It's hard to become her friend and even if you do, you won't get many benefits unless she feels she must risk her life for you.
Appearance: Eyes are a dark purple color instead of what they usually are, but the outside is still yellow. Her fur is tinted slightly purple, and the stripes Litten has are tinted pink.
*Backstory: She began as a normal Litten, living her life normally in the big Tranic City. However, when it was invaded, she was abandoned and fled to the ocean. There, she 'perished', but oddly, she got a second chance and became a ghost type.
Starting Location: Creek Village (Forest area)
*Other: N/A
Word:
I'm ABSOLutely sure I'll be accepted!

Name: Lily
*Nickname:
N/A
Species:
Leafeon
*Type:
[Type]Grass[/Type]
Ability:
Leaf Guard
Personality:
Quiet and kind, a listener who enjoys being with others. She is a bit shy though and doesn't like introducing herself. She is humble and true, barely lying.
Appearance:
Normal Leafeon, but she always seems to have a pink flower on her leg.
Alignment:
Heroes
*Backstory: She has always lived a basic life in Creek Village.
*Crush:
N/A
Starting Location:
Creek Village
*Other:
N/A
Eh?
@Fluffy Zorua 123
What they meant by 'word:' is the thing in the rp form where in the rules it says "If you read the rules, put ___ in your Word: section"
it says to put something there you can use mine as an example if you want X3

Name: Riley
Nickname: Ry
Species: Totodile
Type: Water
Ability: Torrent
Personality: Riley is a goofy, fun loving guy, who loves food, games, and tinkering with machines. He's a bit of a geek and often makes jokes. He's pretty laid back, but in a gam or fight, he kinda stops thinking and just charges in.
Appearance: Average looking Totodile, but wears a black Rambo style bandana, and has a brown satchel over his shoulder.
Backstory: He was an average kid, with an unhealthily obsession with ninjas and video games before he got transformed.
Word: In the words of the immortal Rick Astley, "I'm never gonna give Mew up,"

I had to change the ability for the Ditto for it to make more sense, as the roleplay is in the Mystery Dungeon series after all. Anyway, character sheet's down below!

Name:
His name is Daniel.
Species: He is a Ditto.
*Type: [type]Normal[/type] [type]Psychic[/type] (If it is transforming, only the FIRST type will change!)
Ability:
Imposter [Revamped] (When in battle, the Pokémon has the option to instantly transform into its target it is facing. The Pokémon will transform into a copy of the target right down to even having the same move set that is separate from its Psyonic moves. When the Pokémon is transformed, its appearance and voice will also mimic the Pokémon it transformed into. However, if the Pokémon takes significant damage or laughs in its transformed state, the Pokémon will instantly revert back into its original form. This is the signature ability of Ditto.)
Personality: Daniel tends to be mischievous towards others, as he uses deception and guile to get his way. He tends to be the outcast when faced with groups and conversations, as he rarely talks to others. He can be a bit silly at times, since he has an obsession with putting his hand in his mouth when no one is around.
Appearance: He is your normal, everyday Shiny Ditto. When he is in his transformed state, he can often be seen as either a starter Pokémon or other small Pokémon.
Alignment: He is going to be an Antagonist.
*Backstory: Although most of his past is currently unknown, he spends most of his time in Creek Lake within the Village of Creek. He is going over to the Village to see what the shops have for sale. (More information will be revealed in the roleplay!)
*Crush: He has no crushes at the moment.
*Other: He has the ability to use Psyionic moves (Often abbreviated as PSI for reference purposes.), as they are Psychic-based moves that have variants of power depending on the move's power level and the type of move used. (If anyone gets the reference of where this is from, you will get a nice cookie! More will be explained on this later!)
Word: I was gonna Axew a question, but you already answered it to my Onixpected surprise, which caused me to Exploud with TM 20. (I think I might have accidentally went a bit all out with my puns...)

Yep, you already got the reference, ding ding!
I'll probably start with the Ditto being in his transformed state since he doesn't like to be in his original form. (Not only is it detrimental to his movements, but he is also afraid that others will start to despise him if they find out who he really is.)

Wow... so you're both in the Eastern time zone I see? Well, I'm all the way back at 8:31 here...

I suppose that I'm three hours into your pasts then.

Is still too late for joining?

Name:
Malphas.
Species: Honchkrow.
Type: Dark-Flying
Ability: Moxie.
Personality: He is kind with the rest of Pokemon, but he can be truly cruel and ruthless with the ones that are under his commands. Amoral; he only cares for himself and the ones that truly appreciate. He is curious and is determined to achieve his goals. He likes shiny things, especially money, and going on adventures.
Appearance: a Normal Honchrow. He carries a long dark blue feathered in his hat, held by a card (The Ace of Diamonds), a silver necklace symbolizing the Moon, and a big, dark handbag.
Alignment: Neutral. He will take the option that can cause him to get more profit, and he won't mind negotiate with evil or good Pokemons as longs as they offer him a good deal.
Backstory: He grew up in Tanzanite Town. When he was still a Murkrow, the other Pokemon used to mess up with him. Growing up all alone and with no friends at all, he promised himself that he won't suffer anymore, always looking for the best option that could improve his life. He grew up and evolve, and since that moment, he decided to have a store, in order to get money. He commanded a group of Murkrows for getting some supplies and other interesting items for the shop. The shop was a complete success, but lately, with the disappearance of a lot of Pokemon, including the Murkrows, his store is a completely ruin.
Crush: Maybe he will talk about a certain Pokemon (a Staraptor), but ignore it.
Starting Location: Tanzanite Town
Other: He is planning to go out of Tanzanite Town and open a new store somewhere else.
Word: I have the feeling that our new "Empolium" is going to be a complete success.

Name: Aepora.
Species: Noctowl.
Type: Flying-Psychic
Ability: Keen eye.
Personality: Aepora is a very loyal Noctowl. He is always opened to help the others. He is kinda calm, and peaceful. On the other hand, he is kinda naive and easy to fool. He's very religious.
Appearance: a normal Noctowl, but he has a necklace with a clock. The back part of his clock shows a drawing about the Myth of Creation.
Alignment: Neutral, though he will have a predisposition with Heroes or any other Pokemon whose intentions. are good and pure.
Backstory: He was raised up by a Xatu, that taught him how to use Psychic Powers, so he likes to be considered as a Psychic Type instead of a Normal Type. He met Malphas when he was still a Murkrow. Thanks to him, Malphas could found a Night Stone and evolve. Since that moment, they were friends. He has been working with Malphas in his shop since the very first moment it was opened.
Crush: None at this moment.
Starting Location: Tanzanite Town.
Other: He is kinda skilled with his Psychic Powers.
Word: Could we take Azelf-ie with his Psychic Powers?

I know y'all already got a lot of people, but I was hoping I could maybe join. I wanted to have two characters, a Pichu and a Phantump, but if you'd rather only one join in.

Name: Pichu
Species: Pichu
Type: Electric
Ability: Static
Personality: He's a bit pushy and argumentative. He doesn't back down very easily and doesn't understand that he doesn't need to correct everything. He is pretty weak, he is a pichu after all, but can win a few fights if he dodges enough and uses nasty plot. Despite his brashness and general rudeness he dearly values the friends he does make.
Appearance: A lighter colored pichu. The black marking look fairly faded.
Alignment: Hero
Starting Location: Creek village
Other: Really doesn't like humans
Word: I can't bayleef it's not butter!! Haha, kill me

Name: Tap
Species: Phantump
Type: Ghost and Grass
Ability: Natural cure
Personality: Tap is pretty standoffish and quiet. She doesn't get ruffled by much and seems to know a lot about the world around her and is always willing to share that knowledge, but she doesn't like repeating it.
Appearance: A normal phantump, but her bark is just a tiny bit darker than normal
Starting Location: Creek forest (it can be wherever though, whatever's most convenient)
Other: She doesn't get lost very easily
Word: I can't bayleef it's not butter!! Haha, kill me

Last edited:
Well, here's my other character!

Name: His name is currently unknown.
Age: His age is unknown, though he does look awfully young.
Species: He is an Axew.
*Type: [type]Dragon[/type] [type]Dark[/type]
Ability: Rivalry [Revamped] (Increases the damage dealt against other Pokémon of the same gender and also reduces damage taken. However, also decreases damage dealt against other Pokémon of the opposite gender and also increases damage taken.)
Personality: Since he appears like an infant to most untrained eyes, he is often not taken seriously, as others will often pick on him for his small size. He tends to be rather aggressive towards bullies, as he will often times take things to the extreme. He has been known to pick fights with others, as he allegedly fought against several gangs of Pokémon within The Dessert. He is unruly when it comes to dealing with the authorities, as he tends to talk back a lot more than usual.
Appearance: His body is in a shade of modest purple, which includes his tapered tail. The horn on his head and the ovals around his eyes are now gray, as his tusks are yellow. The collar-like marking around his neck is dark purple, which gives off the representation of the bandanna of malevolence when seen from a distance.
Alignment: It is unknown whether he is an Antagonist, Hero, or even just Netural.
*Backstory: Ever since he went back from The Dessert, he had decided to go over to Creek Forest to get his retribution on a Pokémon that harassed him back in the Village of Creek.
*Crush: He has no crushes at the moment, and it is not as likely that he will have one.
Starting Location: Creek Forest
*Other: He carries around a rattle that his mother made for him that controls his power to a certain degree. The rattle has a white handle, as the white ball has a bright, yellow, modest star on the center. There is a purple stripe that encircles the center of the ball and the star, as the rattle is often used in battle and for comforting the Axew.
Word: Don't make Wooper mad, 'cause he'll sure give you one heck of a Woopin!
Special Notes:
  • Employs Physical and Special combination attacks.
  • Often uses Draconic and Darkness-Based moves.
  • Attacks quickly and relentlessly especially towards weaker targets.
  • Impotent against Fairy-based moves and oppositely gendered Pokémon.

I like Mystery Dungeon, and this seems nice. I wanna be a villain, if that's possible. Also, mind if I take a few NPCs which are part of a team named Team Thugs?

Name: Usain
*Nickname: N/A
Species: Weavile
*Type: Dark/Ice
Ability: Pickpocket [Hidden Ability]
Personality: Usain takes his powers not so seriously. He likes causing mischief, and, thanks to being the leader of Team Thugs, he is feared by some people.
Appearance: Just like a Weavile, and why do you ask?
Alignment: If I'm allowed to be an antagonist, then, I'm an antagonist.
*Backstory: Usain was just a baby Sneasel once he was hatched. He was the troublemaker of a small village, but was quickly rejected after he got in love with a female Sneasel, and the female Sneasel said he was a freak. Sneasel ran away from his village, and he didn't seem to mind. He then led a team named Team Thugs, who would be feared by many people.
*Crush: The female Sneasel from the backstory.
Starting Location: I guess, Creek Village.
*Other: "Other"? Uhhh... Beats me, I don't know.
Word: "Pff. Your not much of an opponent, ya weakling."

Name: Gooey
Species: Goomy
*Type: Dragon
Ability: Hydration
Personality: Gooey is very upbeat and playful. He is curious and always wants to be in the know, even if he has to pressure over and over to get it. He doesn't know the limit to his pressuring, however. He doesn't really have a handle on the severe damage moves can cause, but his main focus in powers are how to use them and how to get more moves. He wants to learn more to be like his peers. All and all, he isn't that mature though. I mean, he's four.
*Backstory: Gooey was an egg who slowly tumbled to the village. There, he roamed around by himself and took care of himself. He bathed in water when he was dry and drank when he was thirsty. Each night he'd try and find leaves out There wasn't much necessity for this baby Pokemon After he grew older, he started interacting with other Pokemon. As other Pokemon showed off their moves, he realized the only one he knew was tackle, something he used on trees to get leaves down. He realized that he had to try and learn new moves, but how?
Starting Location: Creek Village
*Other: He needs water every few hours or else he'll dry up.

Last edited: