• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
Saba nearly fall down when he heard the purrloin let out a squeak. It almost reminded him of a zubat he flinched as he stood in surprise. Luckily he didn't have to give into chase as the feline fell flat on the ground. If anything Saba was kinda feeling pity for the cat. He still didn't trust her cause she was probably there to steal something. Maybe food or a drink. The idea seemed weird because Saba would have likely gave those things had she simply came in like a normal mon.

"I think so" Saba said responding to Daemon. Saba looked at the window unsure what to do with her. This is the first time someone actually tried to break in. Saba didn't really have a plan in order. he could always call the city guards. A bisharp or a machamp might come and see to it that she is sent to a jail cell. Saba didn't really want to do that since he felt kinda bad for the girl. Saba was confused on the interaction between Daemon and the cat burglar, "You know eachother?" Saba asked still confused wondering why he wasn't eating a snack and heading to bed.

He looked at Tux, "What's your name anyways? Also why did you even break into our house? It's kinda odd you broke into the second floor ,but then again breaking into the first floor would be just as bad so that question is kinda irrelevant. You trying to steal stuff or something?" Saba asked.

Helios.

Previously RisingGarchomps
Tux squealed. She was lost for words. She couldn't explain her circumstances even if she tried.

"Let's say, we're old business partners." Daemon chuckled. "We used to work for the same people in the same darn city. Let's er...say she had a tendency to be criminal like there too. Bloody cat burglars are everywhere, Meowth and Glameow also infesting the cities. Back where we came from she went by the name 'Tux' but I suspect that was just a codeword we used for her. She didn't want people to find out her real name."

Tux looked at Daemon. "That's not...entirely true..."

"You know it is." Daemon looked at her with authority. "How can we trust you when you've broken this guy's window? You're probably here to steal all the food, good for nothing child. You're useless!"

"No!!!" She exclaimed. "I came here...to join Team Haisha originally."

"Well you're speaking to the guy who created it." Daemon pointed to Saba. "He's the Sableye on the flyers."

"Yes...I got one."

"So hand it to us as proof then or are you a bloody hooligan trying to break in like the rest?"

"I...don't really have it right now. That's why I broke in. My friend...he had it...he collapsed before he got into the house and...the door was locked..." Tears flowed down her bruised face. "I...was scared...the lights were out...I didn't know what to-"

"Enough of this crap!" Daemon roared. "How do we know you're not lying?"

"Is he here...his name was El Libre!"

"El Libr… El Libray… El what?! Now you're just making things up!"

"He was a Hawlucha...if that helps...He left me...outside...I was lost and confused...He saved me from the monsters..."

Joe & Moe, or JM for short, made their way to the Guild House. It had been some time since they suffered the accident that left Moe deformed. Starving, worn out, and cold, they were happy they would soon have a home. A flier was tucked into the bag strapped around them, a flier for team Haisha. Also in the bag were various herbal remedies and incenses. Moe was the healer of the two and since he is blind, touch and smell became the predominant senses he uses. Moe yawned and spoke in a tired voice.

"Hey Joe, are we almost there?"

"Yes, it shouldn't be much longer." Joe replied in an equally worn out voice. The Guild House came into view, and with it their spirits rose. Practically running full speed, the pair ran to the front door and gave a little tap on the door with their beaks. They stepped back and waited to be greeted.

"There is a hawlucha a couple rooms down. If you wanted to join you probably could have knocked on the door" Saba said. Saba looked at the Purrloin puzzled on whether he should allow her to join. He was reluctant ,but smiled, "Sure! Right now I need to hurry up and get something for tomorrow" Saba said. This was of course a lie as he was only in a hurry to run down stairs to snag a snack before going to bed.

He hurried off down stairs ,and heard a peck at the door. He grumbled to himself a moment before going over to the door. Upon opening it he saw a doduo at the door. One of them seemed off ,but Saba didn't question it, "Welcome to Team Haisha's residence, can I help you?" Saba asked. As he stood there he began thinking about his precious snack ,but managed to focus on the doduo. Whatever they wanted Saba was sure he could hurry off ,and grab his snack before bedtime.

Joe looked at Saba. "I'm Joe, and this is Moe." Moe was dozing off when is suddenly awoke. "What, who? Oh...hello, I'm Moe." They both shivered a bit. Joe once again addressed the Sableye. "We are here in response to a flier we saw for a Rescue Team. That and we are also in big need of a place to stay for the night. We have been walking for days, and our feet are close to giving out." Moe smelled the snack that Saba was going to get. "Oh my, did we bother you while you were eating?" Moe turned to Joe. "Maybe we should check back tomorrow?" Joe looked at Saba. "Don't mind him, he doesn't like bothering people. We possess a great skill set that can help your team should you allow us to join. Moe is a healer and I'm the eyes not quite in the sky." Joe laughs and gestures to Moe. "Moe is blind, but don't let that distract you from the help he can give." Moe smiled, ever since the accident he felt like a burden to Joe. However, Joe constantly reassured him that he was just a good as he was before. He spoke quickly to Saba, the cold starting to show in his voice. "Ye-yeah, I-I'm here to h-help. Anyone that needs medical I got them c-c-covered." Joe reached into the bag and took out a big beanie. He threw it over Moe's head, completely covering hit face with only his beak exposed. Joe smiled and turned to Saba. "If we can't join, we will be out by tomorrow. All we ask is for a warm bed."

Saba doubted they knew about the jewels he hid in the kitchen, "Your hungry... uuuggghh... ummm... I guess theres some berries, apples ,and seeds in the fridge. Help yourself to a few if you want ,but please don't be greedy. If you wanna join the guild find an empty room upstairs ,and try make yourself cozy" Saba asked. He decided to make his way to the kitchen ,and carefully waited till he was confident nobody could see him grab a jewel out of a small hidden compartment. A yellow quarts stone he held tightly in the palm of his hand. "The beds are all upstairs. If you need any help feel free to ask. My room is the one with my name written on the door" Saba said. He headed upstairs. He walked back up and headed to Faust's room to see if Daemon ,and Tux were still there, "Is everything alright?" Saba asked.

"Thank you so much." They said together as they walked into the kitchen. They grabbed a few berries and seeds before heading to their new room. Joe hung their bag on a coat rack and curled up into their bed. Even though it was in a Doduo's nature to have one head always alert when the other sleep, tonight was different. Security of a room and bed were thing that eased this, so the both decided to just sleep. Quickly eating their snack that Saba had so graciously offered them, they dozed off quickly.

Faust glanced between the two Pokémon: the Morgrem that had been acting suspiciously buddy-buddy with Saba, and the Purrloin that had broken their window. With a sigh they spoke up, trying to catch the two's attention. "If you're going to have a reunion, mind going somewhere else?" I didn't hear about a Hawlucha being brought in... They thought to themselves. But Saba said it was true, so I'm inclined to believe him. "You can go check on your friend, if he is indeed one," they addressed Tux, trying to placate her as they were a bit uncomfortable with her crying. "And I'm sure Saba would be fine with allowing you a room for the night. Perhaps we should all sleep, and revisit this in the morning. That way we'll be able to discuss your joining the team with minds that are not sleep-addled and panicked."

Helios.

Daemon backed away from Tux. Tux got up and gave a nod as a thank you message to Saba, who had left them briefly then Faust. "Thanks." She muttered.

Daemon's face was a face of pure shock. "So you're just allowing a thug into the house?" At that point he heard a knock at the door and then Saba talking to Joe and Moe. "Another visitor? At the this time? See, Tux. You could have just easily avoided this if you had gone through the door! You didn't need to creep through the window! Unless, you were trying to do something devious. Prehaps you were going to murder someone!"

Daemon edged closer towards Tux and grabbed her by the throat. "You can't get away from me."

Tux squirmed about in his strong hands, let out a cry then produced a set of claws from her hands. Her nails dug into Daemon's chin.

Then they saw Saba come in and the two fell onto the floor.

A voice echoed from another room into the room they were in. "Who's that?! Is that you, Tux?! Are you okay?!" The voice was that of an old Hispanic man. Tux recognised it instantly. It was the voice of El Libre the Hawlucha. He had heard the struggle in one of the other rooms.

"El Libre?! It's me, Tux! I'm here to help you!"

Saba wasn't entirely clueless to Tux breaking in and entry. Not to mention that Saba would also have to pay to have Faust a new window in their room. Saba was too happy to have his 'snackys' to be too concerned. He smiled squeezing the quartz stone tightly in his hand, "I guess we can give her a chance ,and besides. Team Haisha has all sorts of smart people. I'm sure if she tries anything someone will notice" Saba said. As he walked down the hallway ,and headed towards El Libre's room. Without entering he stood just outside the doorway where he'd be unnoticed. He quietly listened to them talk for a few minutes carefully to see if they had anything suspicious to say. After Saba felt like they weren't up to anything bad he walked in, "Is everything alright?" Saba asked.

Helios.

Daemon was utterly shocked when Saba walked away. The Mogrem backed off Tux as he realised a voice of authority thought it would be wise to let the Purrloin stay.

Daemon folded his arms.
“So he’s going to tolerate you...then I will make it my duty to expose you every time we meet!”

Daemon cackled and left the room. He stood outside El Libre’s room to snitch on what he might say. Tux breathed a sigh of relief and looked towards the broken glass and then awkwardly at Faust.

Inside the room of El Libre the Hawlucha he was doing much better. But there were still problems. With much enthusiasm he began to talk to Saba as he entered.

“My boy! I have good news! The paralysis on my head and upper back is gone! I can speak properly without a stutter! I don’t know what I would have done if you and that noble Morgem hadn’t volunteered to life me up the stairs and give me medicine! I would probably be dead! Listen boy! I may be old but I used to be a world famous wrestler! That Purloin who came through the window had the pleasure of hearing me tell my tales when I was younger! She was lost in the jungle, and coincidently I was there, so I decided to help her get here.
You need to keep her! Speaking of noble Morgrem though, you might want to keep an eye on him. He doesn’t sound that too noble from all the shouting! I heard it all in here, the terrible racket!”

He paused and took in a great deal of air before continuing. “I’m not fully healthy yet boy. My lower back and legs are still paralysed. I can’t get up. Amigo, if you and your team could find healing herbs to do the trick, I’d be up in seconds and I could help you fight out the baddies! I could keep watch and defend this house from intruders and potent attackers!” He smiled at that idea. “Healing herbs. They can be found in woods or forests or dense fields.
I have no idea what they’re called or what they look like, but I know they were used a lot to heal wounds back in the day with their magical healing powers. Saw a lot of them in my wrestling career, dear amigo.”

"Paralyzed? Wrestler? Jungle? hmmm... I guess I'll keep that stuff in mind" Saba said, "Now what could this old wrestler have against Daemon? Should I tell Daemon?... Eh... Nah... No big deal. I'm sure its nothin'. Its still kinda strange though that Daemon knew the burgerlar... I mean Tux... I wonder If I can trust those two... Guess time will let me know" Saba thought to himself.

Saba was surprised the reviver seed didn't fully heal him. it was a reviver seed after all so it should have done the trick. Saba assumed a plain ol' heal seed would also work off any lingering effects just as easy. Did he really need some special herbs in the woods? "I guess he is kinda old. I can tell by looking at his feathers... Maybe tomorrow we can send some people to the woods or something" Saba thought to himself. "Yeah sure, I guess we can find some of that stuff. You should probably get some rest though. You should probably find you a vacant room too Tux" Saba said.

Helios.

"Thank you, young amigo. If it wasn't for people like you in the world, most of us old people would be dead." El Libre smiled at Saba. "I still haven't introduced myself formally to you have I? You can call me 'El Libre'. It was my stage name."

Meanwhile, Tux had walked over to where Saba was. "Thanks." She warmed to him before heading off in the direction of rooms with vacant beds.

Daemon ran towards his dormitory, infuriated. How could Tux have gotten off so lightly, he thought. He picked up a suitcase he had been using to hold all his stuff and tossed it across the room. "Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!" In a furious rage, Daemon threw it. It hit the wall next to the bed and made a small dent. This was merely one way of him taking out his anger, a problem he had recently developed. He wasn't going to let Tux get away so easily. He'd expose her by the end of this saga. He remembered what he had heard outside the door. He heard of a plan to get healing herbs from El Libre. He'd find a way to sabotage it, one way or another.

Saba headed to his room. It was a long night ,and saba still had his quartz stone in hand, "Finally... snacky time" Saba said excitedly tossing the stone on his bed. He turned the light off before crawling up onto his bed. Saba crawled under the blankets, only sticking his arm out briefly to grab the quartz. "He laid there nibbling on the quartz stone. He thought about all the mon who came to join his guild. Before today Saba was just sort of a goofy, cave dwelling, jewel loving ,and happy go lucky mon. Guess now Saba had to improve the way he acted. Maybe. Saba had no intention in making promises cause change is kinda silly anyways. Saba eventually went to sleep.

~That very next day...~

Saba woke up that morning same as ever. Face under his pillow, blankets kicked at the bottom of the bed ,and not a care in the world. He then fixed his blankets for the that night ,and climbed down his bed. He walked down stairs ,and had the same breakfast he always ate. A ruby and a saphire. He also drank a glass of rowap berry and colbur berry juice. Saba's favorite juice. The taste was extremely sour ,but Saba loved the taste. Luckily Saba had plenty other juice in the fridge if other mon wanted some. He also had seeds, apples ,and berries in case anyone was hungry. Saba knew the others wouldn't be keen on eating a rock like Saba was. No biggy.

He then headed outside shielding his eyes from the bright sunlight that morning. He then turned to the mailbox. The mailbox was fairly high up. Saba needed to jump to reach the mail box. He jumped three times before finally opening it. Inside was a bag tightly jammed in. It was so tight that Saba wondered how it even fit in the mailbox. He then jumped and began tugging at the bag. However he dangled from the mailbox for a few moments before slowly lowering to the ground as the package slowly slid out. The package smacked him across the face causing him to fall. He laid there motionless for a few moments before almost having a tantrum ,but he simply placed the package to the side ,and cut the tape.

He looked inside to see a nicely written letter. It was a Team Letter from the rescue team association congratulating Saba for forming a team. Underneath the lid were tons of badges. Saba could give all his members a badge. This was amazing. As he looked at the box there was two more letters in the mail which blew out of the mailbox with a gust of wind. One letter hit him in the head and the other hit him in the mouth. He grabbed then ,and looked at them for a moment before putting them besides the box. He opened it ,and to his surprise is was a mission, "Mission? For real?" Saba said. He dragged the box into the house. A box of badges was heavier than he thought. He looked at the letter which was a mission to a neighboring City. Apparently it was from an anonymous mon(a smeargle named Garl). The other letter was from an Officer magnezone named Magnus discussing some bandits down the road.

~The letters...~

Dear Team Haisha,

It has come to my attention your a newly formed Team, yes? I'd be all the grateful to acquire your services as my beautiful town, Rinjin City(隣人/Rinjin/neighbor) has been ravaged by a plague that is 'The Night Slashers' A vicious gang of alolan meowth lead by a cruel demanding alolan persian. Please help us! The persian's name is Roxie. She's a mean vile witch of a pokémon! She threatens anyone who owns a shop to pay monthly dues. With recent events she's been becoming even crankier. The dues were crazy ,but at least everyone could manage. Now these days she's charging too much! It's insane. I can barely afford to feed my wife and daughter as it is! With these increase in dues fees I fear the worst for Our humble city. Please find it in yourselves to stop them! I fear most townsfolk including myself will not outright help you ,but if you can stop them somehow I'd be willing to pay you. I managed to convince some of the fellow shop owners to pitch in and pay you a handsome pay if you can stop them.

- G

Dear Team Haisha!

ZZZT! Dear Team Haisha! We have received notice of your Team's formation! We seek the apprehending of the leader of the vicious gang known at the Crushers! ZZZT! Team Crushers is a group of mankey lead by their leader a primape named Crusher! Please apprehend these delinquents if possible! Please be warned thaat these criminals have been shown to display hostile intentions towards any who travel through their terrirory! ZZZT! The road they attack is south of your location! You will be rewarded for your assistance in the arrest of their leader! That is all. Thankyou for your assistance!

- Officer Magnus

~end of letters...~

Saba sat the letters on the table for anyone to read. Saba remembered the medicine for El Libre, "I guess if we split into two groups we can get both missions finished right guys? I mean. We can get El Libre's medicine ,and stop this Night Slashers? I'll go to Rinjin City. I'm going to need some of you guys to come with me ,and some of you guys to get El Libre's medicine" Saba said.

Last edited:

Helios.

Daemon woke up fresh with last night's events in his mind and thought I'm going to beat that Purloin to the first mission I can find.

He rushed downstairs, only to be disrupted with a door opening. There stood a fairly dazed Tux. She looked at him. He gave her a hard stare, then ran down the stairs. He read the letter. "Oh how interesting. I've never heard of these guys before, maybe we should make an alliance with- I mean defeat their leader and liberate Rinjin City?" He suggested this to Saba as he wandered up to him. He looked outside and saw the packed letterbox. He saw the new badges. "Congratulations on forming the team. I see it's only officially considered a team now..."

He considered the letter again. "I'm in. I can help get the medicine for that old geezer too."

Louis slowly awoke from his sleep, partially annoyed as he didn't get enough thanks to all the commotion last night... hopefully he could get a mission where he could fight and 'vent.' As he went downstairs, he gave the other people who woke up before him a simple. "Hey." While he went to go and grab himself an apple to eat before he went to find Saba. "Anything interesting turn up while we were asleep, boss?" The Mawile asked, still a little bit tired.

Sunlight streamed in through the broken window as Faust twitched and stirred from their sleep, wings a bit crumpled. They stretched them out, un-creasing the thin membrane, before hearing a door down the hall slam and someone thumping down the stairs. Seems like everyone else is starting to get up...

With a borrowed scrap of paper and pencil, they penned out a short letter to Duskull asking him to mail some of their possessions to Saba's address. They'll leave the letter in the mailbox for Pelipper to pick up later. When that was done, they peered outside. Louis was just heading down the stairs. With the rolled up note clutched in their claw, they followed the Mawile downstairs.

In the kitchen, Faust poked around until they found an old berry brewer, abandoned in the back corner of one of the cupboards. They took a Chesto Berry and brewed a hot drink, desperately needing the caffeine to brush off their lingering drowsiness. After taking their mug of steaming hot juice they floated over to the main room, overhearing Louis ask Saba if he had any news. They noticed a few letters on the table and tapped Louis on the shoulder to get his attention, then perched on the edge of the table as they read. "These sound like pretty high-level missions already," Faust commented to Saba, impressed at how fast the word had spread. "I will defer to your judgement on which team I should join. On one hand, fighting-types are much easier for me to deal with than dark-types, but on the other hand my skills are more suited to sneaking around rather than combat."

As Saba began moving the box of badges in the room, he pushed the box against the wall next to the door. Before Saba could finish his rowap and colbur berry juice he heard Daemon, "Mornin' Daemon. Uuuuhh... uh huh! That's where I plan to go! We also have a job about some bandits attacking the road just south east of here. With all of our members we could probably send some of our squad mates down there to take on the job. Also this job about Rinjin City Seems important too" Saba said. "Mornin' Louis, "I don't know if anything turned up while you were asleep. Some pokémon came for a visit, we got our badges in. I should probably give those out when people come downstairs ,and we got two jobs available" Saba said. He then turned towards Faust, "Mornin' Faust, I guess they are kinda tough aren't they? It's a good thing we're explorers! I'm sure everything will be oookay!" Saba said. He then grabbed his drink off the table ,and began drinking it as he waited for the others.

Joe and Moe awoke peacefully and walked down to the kitchen. "Morning all," they said in unison as they picked a few berries to make a juice with. Joe looked around and spoke to Saba. "We would like to help out with these bandits. What kind of bandits are we talking about thought?" By this he meant the species of the Pokemon, rather than the type of bandit they were. Moe finished his juice and smiled. "MMM, that was great!" Joe chuckled, "I'm glad you enjoyed that." He helped Moe put his beanie on his head before turned back to Saba again. "Like I said, we would like to help. Just say the word and we'll be ready." He stood at some form of attention and attempted a salute with his right wing, but as it was too small it looked rather silly.

"Mornin'" Saba said as to Joe and Moe. He began looking at the missions wondering how this should go down. On one hand there was Rinjin City just north east ,and on the other there was the road south west. There was still the problem of getting El LIbre's medicine to the far east. Saba wasn't sure how to split the mission. Before Saba could decide who goes where Saba heard Joe talk about dealing with the bandits, "Sounds good" Saba said. He then took a few more minutes to look at the Jobs available, "Alright... I think we should be getting ready to head to the jobs available. I'll need some of you guys to head to Rinjin City with me and the rest of you to head to the road south east. When we finish our missions we can meet up and figure out how we are going to handle these situations. I'm going to be heading to Rinjin CIty soon. Take your time getting there guys. Same thing to the rest of you heading south east. Try not to make any risky decisions okay?" Saba said. He hopped down ,and looked outside for a moment.

Louis was still a bit too tired to listen to what Saba has to say and felt like the words just went right past him, he decided to go in to the kitchen and help himself to a Chesto berry in order to help himself wake up. Chesto berries were okay in his opinion, but he always had a Pecha berry afterwards to get a good taste in his mouth, some Pokemon tended to believe he could eat with his second mouth, but he always told them that while they look like jaws, they're 'mutated horns' that he could freely control. "So, you gonna decide who's gonna be in what team and do what quest or somethin'?" Louis asked as he looked at the Sableye.

Saba saw Louis walk in looking tired. Saba knew the importance of breakfast ,and didn't bother to interrupt. When Louis began talking to him, Saba looked over, "Mornin'. Uuughh. Correct! Kinda. I'm gonna let everyone pick and choose where they wanna go. I'm kinda hoping we can get mon to go to both destinations thus no mon is forced to go to a specific mission. Your free to pick whichever you want" Saba said. Saba understood that if he wanted to get members to want to do quests he had to allow some freedom to make decisions. Saba didn't mind whom went where as long as no one team was low on monpower.