• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rp

Sol was ecstatic, he finally had saved enough money to open his very own exploration guild, well.... technically. While Sol was able to pay the fee to open his own guild, a hide tent with a blank white flag and a mailbox for personal requests was not the grand exploration base most would envision. Sol couldn’t believe his entire life’s savings was spent on a handful of exploration badges and a certificate of eligibility, but he was still happy as he figured the rest would come later. Sol strolled over to the Drifblim notice board and posted a large sign next to it “New Exploration Guild. Help Wanted! Just a short walk to the North-East of Rustling Village.” He figured if anyone wanted to join it would be ones looking at the quests anyways. Sol headed back towards the base that was located next to the largest tree he had ever seen. One day he hoped the guild would have the means to build onto the tree. He drifted to sleep dreaming of one day having a guild base located in the branches of the great tree.

A medium-sized tiger-like cat stood on the back of a Mantine. He got a few disbelieving stares as he and his ride drifted into the shallows, since most people didn’t expect to see a Torracat anywhere near water. Once close enough to shore he leapt of the Mantine’s back, thanking it and handing it a few coins which he owed for the ride. He soon found himself strolling along towards Rustling Village, his destination for the time being. At the moment he was just happy to be out of reach of the Malsura.

He finally reached the town. He looked around warily for any authority figures nearby, and then trotted towards a board, thinking it might be a map of some kind. He sat down and front of it and stared for a moment, wondering what it was since it clearly wasn’t a map. And then he realized it looked very similar to the Wanted Persons boards back home. He gave a low growl and darted away from the board.

Tate peered up at the notice board, blinking away the bright sunlight, trying to make sense of what he was seeing. There were the usual requests for help, typically from places he'd never heard of and wasn't eager to go to alone. And then there was the large sign next to all of that. He slowly read it again. A guild? Here? Sitting down on the ground, he thought carefully. Tate had come down to Rustling Village a couple weeks ago, and while he felt like he was now fairly comfortable living here, he still hadn't gotten around to unpacking any of the (admittedly meager) supplies his mountain village had sent him down with. It hadn't seemed important, since he was only exploring alone, and... okay, he'd been lazy about it. Going out to faraway places-- even going back home-- sounded impossible the way he was now.

Looking over the sign once more as if to confirm it really did say what it did, Tate felt the distant sense of excitement he'd felt upon first reading it grow stronger. His parents had wanted him to make friends, but also... he thought back to the exploration team that had inspired him to start this adventure. A guild really would be the best way to get off his tail and start doing things! The Shieldon set off in the direction the sign had indicated, as slow as ever but with a bit of a spring in his step.

Nora was walking along Rustling Village, trying to get used to it. "So that is the shop that is run by... Kecleon brothers, apperantly..." She mumbled to herself.. She moved her gaze in what direction she walking, and realized that she was about to bumb into some kind of... notice board. Her eyes went wide and her voice began trembling. "N-New... Exploration Guild? Help w-wanted... Just a short walk to the North-East of Rustling Village!" Her heart was filling with joy. Her heart started drumming in her chest. She broke into a smile and began running in the direction the poster told her to. "This is it! I can't believe it is happening!" Her thoughts began running through her head. "I need to get there as fast as possible! Can't risk missing my chance!" She used Quick Attack to get there faster.

She finally reached an enormous tree with a tent near it. "This must be the place..." She whispered to herself. "But where is- Aha!" She has just spotted a Growlithe who was asleep next to the tent. "So this is the guy... Wow, already hyped for this Exploration Guild, huh, big guy?" She sighed and walked over to him. She tilted her head to the side and began poking his head with her delicate paw. "Um, hello? I'm here for the New Exploration Guild... Um, you are the one who started it, right?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Staying out of the public eye, a small Eevee bolted through the village. She took a deep breath, knowing that this was where she could have a fresh start.
She'd fled her last village after being caught stealing an Amulet Coin for a client. After that close call, she'd made the decision to leave her life under her alias behind once and for all.
She stopped at what looked like a public message board. No posters caught her eye... except one.
"New Exploration Guild. Help Wanted! Just a short walk to the North-East of Rustling Village..." she read aloud. A smile formed on the Evolution Pokemon's face.

A Riolu walked serenely through the village. She waved lightly at the other Pokemon, who often waved back. She was rather well known within Rustling Village. It seemed that nothing could break her air of serenity.
That is, until she saw a small Eevee looking at the message board.
She rushed towards Eve, both overjoyed and horrified.
"Eve! You made it!" Tiara smiled, hugging her friend.
Eve broke into a grin. "You expected me to get caught... you should believe in me more."
Tiara's expression turned stern. "You cannot do that again. Get rid of that cloak -"
"Already did. I've changed my ways. Particularly once I looked at this sign here." She gestured to the poster.
Tiara read it quickly, her eyes widening. "Oh, nonono-"
"Oh, yes!" Eve squealed. "C'mon, let's go!"
Eve turned tail and headed towards the location specified, while Tiara reluctantly followed.

"Wha- what." Sol mumbled as he woke up. He saw the eevee looking at him, she had the shiniest fur he had ever seen. Sol instantly jumped up, trying to make himself seem more professional. He cleared his throat, "Yes, sorry, it was a big day and I guess I drifted off." Sol tried to hide his excitement, he did not expect to have a visitor so soon, "Do you have a mission request or are you interested in joining?" He smiled while asking the Pokemon.

"...?" Tate, lost in his thoughts, had barely noticed the other pokemon in the area. Now, however, he stood still and watched in mild alarm as a pair of pokemon, an Eevee and a Riolu, hurried up the road past him. He was pretty sure he'd seen some sort of blur shoot by as well, too fast for him to keep track of. How many pokemon in Rustling Village could there be that wanted to join a guild? It was a fairly lively place, from what he'd gathered during his time here. He blinked as a thought came to him. What... what if they were out of spots by the time he got there?

... Okay. It'd work out, probably. Things usually did, regardless of the pace Tate set. He carried on as usual. There looked to be a giant tree at the end of the path, with a decently sized hide tent at the base of it. Not exactly the fancy type of guild he'd heard tales of, but it was brand-new after all. He wondered what the leader was like. Kind to stragglers, hopefully, he thought, reflecting on how slow he'd be in arriving.

Last edited:
"An exploration guild, huh?" muttered Jay to himself as he read the notice. "It could be interesting. I bet I'd get to meet some pretty strong Pokemon too." He looked around, seeing a small crowd gradually coalescing towards a gigantic tree that he supposed must be where the new guild was located. "Let's do this." He grinned and sprinted off in that direction, following the others.

Nora raised an eyebrow at the Growlithe. "I guess this guy isn't much for professionalism..." This thought has passed her mind. "I am actually here to join, if that's alright." She began talking with a teensy tiny smile. "I can tell by how the poster looks impeccable and by the fact that you were sleeping that you did not expect visitors this soon. I could wait until you're ready. I don't mind waiting at all." She dat down on the grass and waited for the Growlithe's answer.

A young Pokémon slowly waddled in the village with a noticeable limp in his awkward movements. The little plesiosaur heavily panted and glanced at his left frontal flipper for a brief moment. A slight wince from the infant soon followed after a small group of crimson droplets fell on the earth. A slight sting emanated from the relative area of the flipper. He could not bear to inspect the large, red-orange area on his chest after the stinging worsened.

"Drat... either something up there got me, or something a bit more down there in the blue or clear stuff. I better find something to treat myself with before someone finds out about this," The baby plesiosaur thought, before he slowly patted his smooth gray shell with his rear pair of flippers. The tiny, blunt knobs on the shell were almost impossible to feel for the first touch of the bright day. A small, leafy bag with some items carefully lied on the shell. Some of the leaves were close to falling off, and the thread weakly held most of the soft fibers together. The little Pokémon carefully made his way towards a board of some sort. The large sign likely placed earlier by another Pokémon towered over the infant. The young Pokémon slowly nodded at the new guild's notice for a split second. He suddenly scampered towards an enormous tree after he noticed a large blue Pokémon that slowly approached him.

Wow a recruit already! Sol thought excitedly. His tail began to wag, evidence of his excitement that there were others who shared his passion to explore. “No, it’s no problem at all!” Sol smiled at the Eevee. “I’m Sol welcome to... erm, well I haven’t actually named the guild yet, but welcome to my Exploration guild base!” Sol chuckled trying to hide his embarrassment that he had forgotten to come up with a guild name. “What’s you’re name, and why would you like to join?” He asked politely.

Last edited:
Char slunk around town, staying as inconspicuous as a Red and Black cat could be in a place like that. Hiding had been a lot easier in the big city... but this place smelled a lot nicer. His attention was attracted by streams of people glancing at the board and then heading north-ish, towards a large tree. He felt a prickle of curiousity as to what they were doing, so he slunk after them, creeping along as low to the ground as he could manage. Luckily the Shieldon, who was a ways ahead of him, probably didn’t have a very strong sense of smell, otherwise he would probably have been seen by now, as he was downwind from the Shieldon. His fur was slightly on end, as the ever-wary Char stole along. Growing up in the Malursa’s domain has honed his instincts, and all his instincts were shouting CAUTION in this new place.

A lone Pelliper glided down to Rustling Village. "Hope you enjoyed you flight ma'am. Your price is 50 P$." Said the Pelliper. Hitari climbed out of the Pelliper's mouth. "Worst...Flight...Ever!" thought Hitari. Hitari wordlessly dropped some coins into the Pelliper's Bag. "Have a good day. Hope you fly again with us soon." said the Pelliper. "Get some mouthwash!" shouted Hitari to the Pelipper. Hitari grumbled and walked away. Not too long after, a peculiar flyer hit her in the face. "Jeez, can anyone throw away their garbage?" she said. She peeled the flyer stuck to her face off and examined it. "Hmm. A Guild Hall!? That's just what I'm looking for. Let's see if I can locate it." "Focus, Focus, Focus." Hitari visualized the location of the tent. "Well, that isn't the most luxurious guild hall, but it'll do." Hitari teleported midair right to the clearing in the forest and she fell to the ground. "Oww. I need to work on my accuracy of my teleportation." Said Hitari. "Hey! Is this the new guild!?" Shouted Hitari.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The girls proceeded down the path, eventually coming to what looked like the place. Eve got there first.
"HA!" she shouted triumphantly at Tiara. "I WIN!"
Tiara bit back a chuckle. "You cheated and used Quick Attack, Eve."
Eve narrowed her eyes, before becoming slightly more sheepish. "Sorry."
The two Pokemon bounded up to who seemed like the Guild Leader. "Hi! We're looking to join your guild!" Eve declared.
Tiara made a "let-me-handle-this" gesture towards Eve, before turning. "Pardon Eve's eagerness. My name is Tiara, and this is Eve. We noticed your message in town, and thought we'd come and take a look." She gave a slight curtsy.

"Well, my name is N-WOAH!" She quickly jumped to the side to avoid colliding with the other Pokémon. "...ora...." Her ears flopped down and she looked away, embarassed. "I guess I can let them finish first..." She took two steps back and sat down. "Huh, so it looks like I'm not the only one who wants to join this Exploration Guild... Ugh, I should've talked faster... Anyway, I can wait, a few minutes, maybe hours..." She quietly sighed and waited for the others to finish speaking.

(I wasn’t 100% sure that hitari was meant to be at the guild but I’m going to assume she is, I can edit it out if not).
“Hello Eve and Tiara I’m Sol, and this is Nora.” He chimed happily while signaling to the other eevee, “She was interested in joining as well.” A normal leader might’ve been annoyed by the sudden barging in, but Sol was just thrilled there were Pokémon this excited to join. “I’d be happy to have you join! We’re just starting out so it’s like I can be picky.” He joked, “But even still I have a 100% acceptance rate. The way I see it if you’re willing to help there’s always a way to be useful.” As Sol was finishing up the introductions a Kirlia appeared out of thin air and asked if this was the guild. “Yep!” He said with pride, happy he could call the guild his own. “Are you interested in joining or do you have a request?”

The young plesiosaur arrived near the towering tree and hid behind a brown mammalian Pokémon soon after. Upon a brief inspection, the stranger's fur appeared as groomed as the amount of effort and love likely placed on their appearance. The aquatic infant nodded for a split second and curled up slightly. He attempted to launch a small blast of ice at his left frontal flipper, though only a tiny cube rushed out with his faint breath. The light block of frozen matter softly collided with the ground and harmlessly shattered into many particles. The little Pokémon gulped and slowly scooted away from the group.

(She is. Sorry if I didn't make that clear.) Hitari sliwly got up (in pain) only to be nearly trampled by a Riolu and an Eevee. "Well those two seemed excited." Said Hitari as she walked over to the tent with Sol in. "Yeah, I would like to join." Said Hitari she walked over. "My name's Hitari." "I believe your name is Sol." Said Hitari pointed at the poorly drawn flyer. Hitari looked over at a box next to Sol. "That's not a lot of exploration badges. But, I guess less people means more work".

Jay followed the crowd to the tree, watching as the group of Pokemon crowded around what looked like a Growlithe. Might as well jump into the chaos before it gets worse. With that though, he leapt the remaining few feet in one bound, landing in the midst of the group. He stood up properly and waved, saying "Hey all! I'd like to join this guild if you'll have me!" He grinned. "My name's Jay, by the way."

Wow things are getting kind of crazy Sol thought, he had not predicted so many Pokémon rushing in to join so quickly. “Everyone!” He shouted, “I am very thrilled you all have taken an interest in joining my guild but if you all could just gather around and sit, it would make things a lot easier.” He led the group outside the tent, right now it would probably be too crowded in there for all of the Pokémon. Sol began speaking to the large group that was forming, “As some of you may already know my name is Sol. As of today I have founded this exploration guild that I still need to name.” He winced upon remembering that he still probably didn’t appear as a great leader, but continued his speech nonetheless. “I’m flattered and honored that so many of you have taken an interest in joining. I have established a 100% acceptance rate, I see know sense in rejecting anyone who desires to help, so all of you are, of course, accepted as long as you agree to the following terms. One: you will only keep 10% of your money rewards, the rest will be given to the guild to pay for guild expenses - for example we will be needing to renovate our guild. Two: you will be exposed to dangerous, if not life threatening conditions on a regular basis. Three: you will move into the guild house and not have a job outside of exploration. Also you should note that this is not an exploration team guild, while other exploration guilds may have individual teams residing in it and working for commission, none of you will be assigned personal teams. Instead, we will form different teams ,generally four but possible more or less, for every quest. We do this so we can create the most effective team for any situation.” Sol took a large inhale, “Now if any of you have lost interest I understand, this is not for the faint of heart. Those of you still interested please line up outside the tent, I will be waiting inside and will register you one at a time.” Sol walked into the tent next to the chest with the explorer badges and waited for the first Pokémon to walk in.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve bit back a chuckle at the risks mentioned. "Like I haven't dealt with all that before," she whispered to Tiara. The Emanation Pokemon couldn't help but grin.
Tiara was first to line up, with Eve hanging behind to make sure that Tiara wouldn't bail. The Riolu stepped into the tent.
She smiled lightly. "I'd like to sign up, please."

“Alright, Tiara right? Well here is your exploration badge, you can wait in here or outside until I’m finished with this.” He smiled at the Riolu as he handed her the badge. She seemed pretty strong and he would be happy to have her in the guild. “Next!” He announced for the following Pokémon to come in.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The Emanation Pokemon did a slight curtsy, taking the badge gratefully.
"Thank you, it is much appreciated. I look forward to working with you." With that, she turned to leave.
When she exited the tent, Eve was waiting eagerly outside for Tiara.
"Sooooo?" Eve asked.
Tiara simply flashed her badge, causing Eve to squeal with excitement.
"Make sure you act somewhat professional, you want to make a good impression," Tiara advised.
Eve took a couple of deep breaths, calming herself. "Okay. I'll let some other people go first."

"Only 10%? Jeez, there goes my hopes of making money with this." Hitari walked into the tent past the very excited pair of Eevee and Riolu and into the tent. "As a said before, my name's Hitari but you can call me Ari. I would like to join. I can heal and I can be a pretty good navigator. I hope to be of service to the guild." said Hitari. "But I do have one question though. You said that we would have to stay in the guild house. Where exactly is that? I hope you mean you aren't talking about this tent. Not to be rude but this can barely hold you."

“I suppose that’s true for now.” Sol shrugged, “But I am planning on building an expansion as soon as we have money.” He handed her the exploration badge, “If you’re willing to bear with me threw this starting state I guarantee we will be very prosperous someday, we could use someone with your skill set.”

Tate held back a sneeze when the Growlithe began his speech, having barely arrived in time to hear it. The rules were about what he'd expected-- exploration teams didn't have it easy, but the achievements they made were worth it. No personal teams, huh? It made sense when so few of them even knew each other... having a bunch of unfamiliar Pokémon be assigned to each other as permanent partners would be an awkward start, probably. With so many members, though, they'd definitely have an easier time forming groups for each mission. Tate blinked, realizing he'd never actually teamed up with another Pokémon before. The Shieldon adjusted his shawl a bit self-consciously as he went up to receive his badge.

"I'm Tate. ...I don't mind sleeping outside, if there's not room." He still felt a little hung-up on the teamwork thing. Looking around at the other Pokémon, he noticed an intimidating black and red cat Pokémon stealthily keeping low to the ground a ways back. "... Huh?"

Sol looked at the shieldon, he couldn’t explain it but Sol really liked the Pokémon just to start with. He seemed... well... genuine. “No worries, if anyone has to sleep outside, it’ll be me. After all I am the leader so it’s my responsibility to watch out for you all.” He then handed the shield Pokémon his badge and smiled “Happy to have you!”

Jay stepped forward to receive his badge. "Dangerous conditions? Sounds like my cup of tea!" Only being able to keep 10% of his earnings would be a drag, but then again, it wasn't as if he'd been spending much of anything recently anyway. "As I said before, my name's Jay. I'll take on anything that the world throws at us!" He moved the scarf around his neck into a slightly more comfortable position. "It'll be nice to have a group of friends again."

Char's fur bristled and his muscles stiffened when he saw the Shieldon looking in his general direction. Had he been seen? He kept his tail still, and made no motion. He had forgotten that he was black and red against a green background, when he was used to hiding in darkened streets. However, nothing moved but his eyes, which searched ahead to see what the group was doing.

“I’m glad your excited, if you’re as fearless as you claim you’ll be a very valuable asset.” Sol handed the monkey his badge and paused for a moment to sniff the air. The wind had brought in a strange scent that he didn’t recognize from this area, perhaps some sort of fox or cat? He thought before quickly regrouping himself. “Next please!” He announced.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve walked into the tent, barely keeping her excitement contained.
"My name is Eve. I have prowess in battle and leadership. I would like to join the guild, if you accept." Normally, she'd be quite a bit more brash with the situation, but she knew her place.

"Alright, time to set up my living conditions." said Hitari. "Alright, this time really focus Hitari." thought Hitari. She located the Kecleon Shop and visualized it in her mind. "Location locked. 3...2...1..Teleport!" A short flash of pink light envoloped her and reappeared quickly right in front of the Kecleon shop. "Hey, do you guys have any tents?" "I believe we do." said the Kecleon. "Okay, here's a whole camping kit. It has a 3 person tent, Lantern and 3 sleeping bags worth 600 P$" "Do you have anything smaller and cheaper? That's over half of my 950 P$." "Sorry, that's all we have left." "Alright I'll take it." Hitari dropped he 600 P$ onto the table. Hitari teleported back and shouted "I have a tent. Anyone wanna bunk with me?"

Last edited:
Sol was a little taken aback by this little eevee’s confidence, but he was in no position to be picky. “Alright.” He laughed a little, “Here’s your badge.” He said cheerfully as he handed it to her. From the looks of it there was only one Pokémon left, the shy eevee who had actually been there first. “Nora you’re up.” He announced to the shy eevee who was waiting outside.

Nora listened to Sol's really carefully. It did not bother her that she would get only ten precent of the money, she would have actually done this for free. She didn't care that she would be in grave danger when she would be out on a mission, as long as it meant doing it for the good of others. The only think that she didn't fancy was the fact that she needed to live here. "So that means that I won't be living with my family anymore..." She thought, a sad expression on her face. "Ugh, that means that I'll have to avoid them even more... Well, at least I--" She was snapped out of her thoughts by Sol, who called her in the tent. "Right." She said as she walked in. "So as you already now, I'm Nora, and I'd like to sign up." She said with an emotionless face.

Sol was a little bit off put by her lack of enthusiasm, everyone else had seemed excited. Nevertheless, Sol put on a cheerful front, greeted her and handed her the badge. Well I guess thats everyone for now he thought to himself and headed over to speak to the group. "Hello everyone, first I'd like to thank you all for you're interest in joining, I'm sure whatever you hope to gain from this experience will be more than delivered." He then saw Hitari with the tent, he was a little embarrassed that as the leader he was unable to provide for everyone, but he was still thankful nobody would have to sleep outside. "The first order of business is establishing basic roles so we may function as a team, obviously I am guild leader but there are a couple key roles we need to fill as soon as possible, such as support, medic, and most importantly- chef. Later one we can worry about other roles like second in command, scout, and so on. But these are the positions I feel are necessary to fill immediately. So does anybody have an interest in one of those roles?" He asked the rather large group.

Daniel hesitantly approached the Pokémon that resembled an orange dog of some sort. He took a silent breath and covered part of his chest with his left frontal flipper. He glanced at the group of other Pokémon and decided to focus on the canine creature instead. He lightly babbled to the dog that towered over his tiny size. A small cube of ice was formed behind his rear right flipper, likely as a signal of a move being primed for potential use later.

"Umm hello." He said a little off put by the tiny Lapras who had interrupted his speech and was now blabbering unintelligibly. "Can I help you?" Sol asked somewhat awkwardly, he really just wanted to start exploring as soon as possible and this interruption certainly put a pause on things. He then saw the Pokemon's flipper, it looked injured. That paired with that fact that it was a Lapras this far inshore and seemed to be in hysterics led Sol to believe that this Pokemon had a rescue request. Sol gestured to the injured Pokemon's fin "Are you hurt? Is there anything we can do to help?"

Daniel shook his head at the orange dog, and attempted to fire off a burst of ice at his injured flipper. Another weak pellet of ice came out of his mouth after a few seconds. The small bit fell on the ground and harmlessly shattered into a multitude of microscopic pieces. The little Pokémon placed his right flipper on his head and slowly glanced up at the canine Pokémon.

"Umm... uhh... well... uhh... erm... umm... n- no," The infant responded to the dog's question with a faint telepathic message. There was a noticeable wave of static in the odd form of communication the baby Lapras employed.

“Hitari, you said you were capable with healing, do you think you could take care of this guy for me?” She asked the Kirlia, Sol was desperate to keep things moving along, he wanted to get exploring as soon as possible. “Anyways, are any of you interested in one of the previously mentioned roles?” He asked the crowd.

Daniel slowly nodded at the orange dog, before he attempted to cast a healing orb on himself. It was apparent that he had not realized the move was far from his reach at the moment. He gave a slight sigh and ceased the odd movement of his frontal flippers. He slowly scooted away from the canine Pokémon and attempted to find any sort of object within close vicinity he could hide behind.