• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rp

Char, once he felt that nobody had noticed him, began slinking closer to the camp. He was beginning to feel quite curious about the goings-on there. What are they doing?
He felt a rumble in his stomach, and realized he hadn’t had anything to eat for more than a day. This determined his course of action. He would sneak over, see if he could find out what was going on over there and possibly find something to eat. And if he was caught... well, he would pretend he was supposed to be there. Once he he determined his course, he made his way closer to the border of the camp while remaining as inconspicuous as he could.

"Roger captain." Said Hitari. Hitari put down her supplies and walked over to the Lapras. "Now, this may feel a little weird but if you move more, it'll only get worse. Hitari crouched down next to the Lapras and her hands started glowing pink. After that a soft glow traveled from her hands to the fin. A minute or two later she got up. "Whew. That took longer than I thought it would. Try not to use it too much for a while. How did you hurt yourself that badly in the first place? Or do you not want to tell us?"

Daniel deeply panted after an odd sensation went through his left flipper. The little Lapras glanced up at the unfamiliar Pokémon and nodded at the humanoid for a brief moment. The plesiosaur fumbled through his leafy container with his rear pair of flippers, but only felt a somewhat thick quill after a brief inspection.

"Umm... uhh... storm... I- I... umm... think... d- don't t- te... tell," The infant weakly answered with his telepathic response. A bigger wave of static soon filled more than half his relayed message of odd thoughts.

Tate glanced around, patting the ground uncertainly as he looked around at everyone else. He did take care to pin the shiny new badge to the front of his shawl. The positions sounded important, but he wasn't really sure he was cut out for that sort of thing right away. Even the role of chef sounded... difficult. There was probably someone else who could put together more passable meals than what he'd scrounged together while living here. Support sounded the closest to what he could do-- he was pretty sturdy, and despite his low speed he could act as a very stable force. Most of the moves he knew didn't really benefit allies outside of strategic shielding, though. Lost in his thoughts as usual, Tate barely noticed the commotion at the front of the group, but it did further cement the impression he'd already gotten.

"Sol's a really good leader, huh?" he murmured. Being kind to strangers like that set a good precedent. He couldn't help but quickly peek at the mysterious cat Pokémon again. If a Pokémon had ever looked dangerous to him, this one did-- a far cry from the injured baby up by the tent. But appearances really weren't everything. Tate was tempted to go and put himself between the approaching cat and the rest of the guild, but at the same time... was it actually necessary? Even as he edged closer to where the Pokémon's path seemed to be going, he didn't want to make that call. It'd probably turn out fine, and they'd get a new sign-up. Probably.

"Y'know what? It's fine. You can tell me in your own time." said Hitari through telepathy. Hitari got up to her own camping kit. Hitari set it up quute fast with her psychic power. She put her Venturer's bag down and set up her bags. She put up the electric lantern and hung it on a hook in the front. She looked up. It was about 3:00 PM. "Alright. I can try to cook dinner. (OOC: Side Note, She can't cook. Her food is often way to spicy, smells or just taste bad. But she thinks her cooking is good.) Do you have ingredients or should I just go and pick some up?"

Sol was disappointed by the lack of Pokémon who tried to step up and fill a position, but he figured it was the first day and they might just be nervous. Sol perked up at Hitari’s offer, “Thanks, I have a few berries and stuff in a chest back in the tent, otherwise I can reimburse you for whatever you need.” He really appreciated the Kirlia’s offer. “With that settled, let’s go get started!” He turned to head towards the notice board and looked back at the baby lapras “You’re welcome to join us if you would like.” He chimed kindly with a smile.

Sol led the group over to the notice board and took a look. He searched for quests that seemed to be an appropriate level for the budding guild. There were two quests in particular that he felt suited the group well. The first was a rank D outlaw bounty mission in static plains, with a reward of $2000 poké (meaning the team would split a $200 reward) to track down a criminal Zangoose. The next was an E rank item retrieval request in the whistling woods to find and return a lost black belt to a Tyrogue for a $500 poké reward. Sol closed his eyes and thought deeply, thinking about how to optimally split teams. He reached a conclusion and turned to the guild to announce his plan “Hitari you will lead Nora and Eve to retrieve the lost black belt in Whistling Woods.” He handed them the sheet briefing them on the details of their mission and looked at the baby Lapras, “You are welcome to join them if you would like.” He smiled and spoke gently to the shy Pokémon before returning to his leader voice and addressing the guild once more. “Tate, Tiara, and Jay will accompany me to the Static Plains to track down and defeat the outlaw Zangoose.” Sol was about to wrap things up when he decided he should justify his decisions in order to gain more respect as a leader, “The reasoning behind said teams are as follows: Hitari has proved herself to be very knowledgeable and eager to help, both are invaluable traits in a leader. An inherent trait of the Eevee species is the ability to bolster and complement others of their kind, thus making Nora and Eve a great combination. Zangoose is a dangerous normal type outlaw who we must take down, the speed of Jay and Tiara as well as their access to super effective fighting type moves makes them necessary components. Tate, however, has the most important role since he is able to resist Zangoose’s attacks and act as our tank, along with having a natural resistance to the hostile electric types we may encounter on our way.”

Sol took a deep inhale, this leadership stuff was already tiring him out. “I hope all of you are satisfied with my decisions. If you have any concerns I would be happy to hear them! I cannot be a good leader unless I learn from criticism.” Though Sol secretly hoped there would not be too many complaints, “Otherwise everyone may prepare themselves and we will meet at the southeastern village exit in 15 minutes where I will briefly speak before we embark.” On that note Sol sat down, waiting for questions or concerns before he would head off to prepare himself.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Gosh darn it, we're not together...
Tiara mentally cursed to herself. She'd been hoping that she'd be with Eve for her first mission - due to the young Eevee's track record of being less than mature - but it looked like that wouldn't be happening.
However, she wasn't about to object. Some peace and quiet would be nice.
"No questions, sir," Tiara replied.

Eve was not upset that she and Tiara were separated. Finally, I don't have her telling me what to do!
Smiling, she turned to Nora. "So, I guess we're doing this together, huh?"

As Sol began walking, Nora followed him. She was thrilled to start. You could tell, by her stoic and collected face. She listened to his speech with a small smile, but then, she heard this:
- An inherent trait of the Eevee species is the ability to bolster and complement others of their kind, thus making Nora and Eve a great combination.
Her ears flopped down and she looked away in embarassment.
"So I'm just there because there's another Eevee?" She thought sadly. She didn't raise any objections, since she didn't want to question her leader's judgement... just for now. She was snapped out of her thoughts by Eve, who asked her a question. "I guess we are." She responded, without saying anything else.

Last edited:
Char froze in place as the entire group came in his direction, seemingly going back towards the village. He was sure he had been seen... he must have been seen! He was out in the open! He tried to take on a casual air, as if he was merely sunbathing, but his fear-scent was faintly wafting through the air, easy for any creatures with good noses to smell. His half closed eyes were keeping track of the Shieldon especially, although he was keeping an eye on all parties involved.

Jay turned around, spotting the Riolu and Shieldon that he was to be working with. "Hi there! I guess we're working together today." He grinned and fiddled with his scarf. "I don't really have anything that I need to grab, so I'm going to head over to the southeast gate until y'all are ready." A Zangoose on our first mission? Sol must really trust our abilities - those things can be nasty.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Tiara smiled slightly. She was slightly nervous, but still was more than willing.
"Yeah, I'm excited. We can talk strategy, if you guys want. I might be able to sense the Zangoose with my aura, if that helps. It's not powerful but it may be enough."

Eve chuckled. "Don't look so down! I know, we don't get to go on the cool mission and stuff - Tiara got to, go figure - but it's still awesome! And the longer we're on, the more we can show that we're skilled and we'll get to do more complex stuff!"
She was still a bit annoyed that the Emanation Pokemon was selected over her, but she honestly agreed with Sol.

Sol was pleased, it appeared that the Pokémon were, for the most part, satisfied with his leading. Seeing as they had things mostly figured out, Sol decided to go check out that strange scent he had picked up earlier. Sol followed his nose to the black cat Pokémon. “Hello, I’m Sol.” He grinned as he greeted the strange Pokémon. “I picked up on you’re scent back at the base and then again on our way back to the village, but I couldn’t see you so I feel like you must’ve been trying to hide. If that’s the case, there’s no need to be shy, can I help you with anything?”

Char gave a hiss-like sound as Sol approached, and then darted away. He was in no mood to talk to anyone right now, and besides, this person had a small air of authority, and Char hated being around people with authority. So he bolted away towards the village, forgetting that the Growlithe’s allies were also in that direction. It was a risk he would have to take, though, because anywhere else was unfamiliar territory, and he would hide better in civilization than in the wild.

Sol frowned slightly at the Pokémon’s odd reaction, he was hoping it would be another potential recruit. He shrugged off the strange interaction and headed for the southeast exit, where he awaited the rival of his guild. While waiting he ruffled through his satchel, making sure he had all the berries, seeds, and orbs he would need.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve motioned for Nora to follow, eagerly awaiting her first expedition. "C'mon, let's go!"
She bounded towards the gate where Sol stood, excitedly.

Tiara was quick to arrive at the gate, ready for her expedition. She had a few things ready in her small satchel, including a few orbs and wands. Her purple scarf was tied around her neck, symmetrically tied. The Riolu mentally prepared herself for the adventure to come.

Nora nodded to Eve's assumption. She didn't care she couldn't go on an exciting mission, and just wanted her to stop talking so much. She watched their leader, Sol, interacting with another Pokémon, who seemed to be raised by beserk Persian. She raised an eyebrow at the weird behaviour of that rude Pokémon. Then, Sol walked towards the southeast exit, and followed him right after Eve beckoned her to go.

Daniel daydreamed for a lengthy moment and rapidly blinked soon after. He noticed that many of the Pokémon were elsewhere after a quick realization. He limped towards the relative area of the gate after he managed to pick up on his rather awkward pattern of movements. He gave a noiseless yawn and marched towards the distant Pokémon to the best of his ability. He emitted a few quiet coughs every now and then, as some small green bubbles snuck out of his mouth in mere seconds.

Tate gave a firm nod in response to the assigned mission, his attention pulled away from the lurking Pokémon. He'd never been to Static Plains, but with a good team like this it shouldn't be too hard. Pulling his shawl around him once more, he perked up at Jay's warm introduction, before a hiss drew his attention back in his leader's direction.

Oops. It looked like that hadn't worked out. Tate wasn't impulsive enough to want to chase after the strange cat-- a scratch from those claws looked like it would hurt, if he didn't block in time. Peeking into his own tent on the outskirts of the village and grabbing his pack would be enough; given the mission, he had an entirely new hostile Pokémon to worry about. He didn't have very many supplies, but he'd picked up a couple of Cheri Berries that might come in handy, as well as a Stun Seed and a Quick Seed.

Hurrying down to the southeast gate as quick as he could, Tate had to dig into the dirt to avoid accidentally running into the Riolu on his team. He looked up at her sheepishly. "... Sorry."

"I'm paired with Eve and Nora huh. Well at least it'll be fun to be leader." thought Hitari. She pulled out the request notice. "Whispering Woods F5 She walked over to her tent and started packing her bag (If you wanna know what's in her bag, it's in here:

• 5 Oran Berries
  • 2 Heal Seeds
  • 4 Stun Seeds
  • 4 Sleep Seeds
  • 1 Reviver Seed
  • 2 Slumber Wands
  • 20 Geo Pebbles
)
She put on her pack and walked back to the entrance of the cleaning in the forest. As she went up she saw a Torracat running away. "Huh that's weird". "Hey Nora and Eve. I need to tell you a few things. For one thing, I'm a really bad battles. But I can support you by healing and using protective moves like Lucky Chant. Also, since I'm cooking dinner tonight, what would you like?"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Eve nodded lightly. "Sounds good! I'm best with close-up combat, but I can also handle ranged combat with Sparkly Swirl or Swift. I also know Helping Hand, so I can assist you guys. And dinner wise..." She tilted her head. "I dunno. Whatever works. I like sweet things, if that gives you an idea."

Sol watched proudly as the guild gathered around the village exit, he was happy a group this large of capable Pokémon had already assembled on the first day. He cleared his throat and made an announcement to the guild, “Alright it looks like everyone is here so we can head off. If anything too dangerous occurs do not hesitate to use your exploration badge, it will instantly teleport you back to the guild.” On that note Sol beckoned his group over to him and began leading them towards Static Plains. “Good luck!” He called out to Hitari’s team as he looked back over his shoulder.

Upon arriving at the Static Plains Sol decided to give his team a quick briefing. “Alright guys, this Zangoose is pretty dangerous so we have to be on our guard. I’ll take the lead with Tate close behind me, ready to step in for defensive purposes if necessary. Jay, you will follow close behind us and Tiara will bring up the rear using her aura detection as a look out for ambushes. Any questions?”

Hitari and her group ventured off towards Whistling Woods and got there rather quickly. "Alright, here's the place." Hitari closed her eyes and sensed her surroundings. "Alright, the black belt isn't anywhere in the general vicinity. Wait. There might be a few pokemon somewhere close, but their movements seem less focused and random. I don't think they know we're here. We should probably avoid that area. They're about 70 feet East."

Last edited:
Nora gazed at her badge. "So it can bring us back to the guild base... That's so interesting. Unfortunately, I won't be able to use it since I'm going on an E Rank mission. But I can't really complain since it's my first mission." She said, ignoring the chatter of her teammates. Then, all of a sudden, everone started moving. She guessed that it was time to head off to Whistling Woods. She followed Eve and Hitari all the way to it. She listened to Hitari's words and crouched down, listening carefully to her surroundings

Char had hidden himself behind a building. Once he was certain he was not being pursued, he glanced around. Seeing a nearby trash bin, he was able to parkour to the roof of the building which he had been hiding behind, and soon he had a great vantage point. It was a lower building than some of the others, but it did give him a good look at the group below. He was struggling to understand what this group was. Why were they... like... this? For all his life, he had lived solo, hiding near large pockets of population to hide himself from the Malursa guards who were often on his tail. It was easy to hide from them in large crowds... but once or twice he had had very close shaves when Trackers were sent with the guards. He was glad he had escaped; he would have been caught sooner or later.

But these people... they didn’t seem to be ‘normality-lovers’, or guard-ish types either... they didn’t fit into any of the categories that he knew. The more he saw them the more they interested him. He prowled towards the edge of the roof, squatting low and watching the movements of the group. Soon the Growlithe who had approached him earlier made an announcement and then the group moved off, splitting into two groups. At first he wasn’t sure which one he should follow, if any, but eventually he jumped down from the roof and darted after the smaller party consisting of two Eevee and a Kirlia. The other group had two people who had seen him before, so this was the one he would watch for now. However, by the time he had made his decision both groups were out of sight, but he was able to follow the scent of the Eevee pretty easily. Eventually he came within sight of them... inside of the woods. He stealthily crouched at the base of a tree, following their movements and trying to figure out what they were doing.

"I don't have any questions, boss." Jay stepped into position and looked around. There wasn't much to see yet, but the Static Plains seemed to live up to their name, given the faint tingly sensation that was almost making his fur stand on end. No enemies yet, according to Tiara, but it didn't hurt to be on his toes. "So, Sol, what gave you the idea for starting an Exploration Guild in the first place? It's not the easiest job out there."

Sol looked back towards the Chimchar who had spoken to him, he was happy to have some time to bond with the new recruits. He continued leading the group forwards as he talked, “When I was little I attempted to wander into a forest on my own to collect berries, but a criminal Rhydon attacked me and stole all of my belongings. I was badly beaten and giving up when Blaziken from the master ranked team birds ran in, defeated the Rhydon, and returned my valuables. He saw to it that I made it home safety, at the time even giving me this scarf to cover up some of my wounds. Since then I always admired exploration teams and dreamt of opening my own.” Sol’s eyes visibly sparkled upon reminiscing about the amazing Blaziken. “How about you guys? What motivated you to join?” He asked his group.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(Tiara)
Tiara smiled slightly. "Well, Eve motivated me, technically. When she saw the poster, she immediately wanted to join. I obviously had to follow her to make sure she wouldn't get into trouble. I shouldn't worry.. that Eevee's been through a lot. She can very easily handle herself."
The Emanation Pokemon reached out with her aura once again, and this time she flinched. "There's a couple of Pokemon off to the left. They don't seem to know we're here though."

"My story's pretty similar to yours, Sol. When I was growing up, a Noivern attacked and took over the part of the Flaming Forest that I lived in. I tried to fight back, but I was beaten horribly and was barely able to escape. Except for me, there wasn't anyone to step in and help." Jay smiled sadly. "Since then, I've been traveling mostly, looking for ways to get stronger so I don't ever have to feel that helpless again. I saw the notice for a new Exploration Guild and was drawn to the idea of having a group to fit in with again."

Tate trotted close behind Sol, keeping alert in case of enemies as the tall grass crackled and sparked occasionally on either side of the path. He listened to the group's stories in solemn silence. Nothing bad like what happened to Sol and Jay had happened to Tate, but he couldn't help but feel sympathetic. "... I'm glad you two were alright in the end. Starting and joining a new guild is really brave." Tiara's reason for being here pulled at his heart as well-- he'd thought she seemed a bit cold, at first, but she obviously cared about her friend...

He perked up at Tiara's warning. "Should we go strike first?" he asked, keeping his voice low.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Tiara thought for a moment. "...no, I don't think so. I can probably subdue them with a good Force Palm if needed, but there's no need to attack unless they notice us."

(Eve)
Eve was slightly disappointed about going on such an easy mission, but wanted to make a good impression regardless. She crouched down, trying to remain stealthy.
"Let me know if you guys need a Helping Hand," she whispered.

Sol was deeply troubled upon hearing Jays story. His face took a determined expression as he suppressed the rage burning inside him after hearing his recruit’s misfortune. “You didn’t have a team to save you back then, but you do now. Once we get stronger the first thing we will do is take defeat that Noivern.” He stated in an almost sinister tone, he couldn’t stand Pokémon who abused their strength. Sol continued leading the group forwards. “That’s not a bad idea Tate.” He replied, less serious now, “But Tiara’s right, they haven’t done anything to us yet and we need to save our strength for Zangoose.” Sol was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn’t even notice the charge beam attack shooting towards him.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
“No!” Tiara cried, dashing into the way of the Charge Beam. She was hit, and thrown backwards. She tumbled as she hit the ground, and was now covered in dirt.
“Don’t worry about me.. I’m fine..” she rasped, getting to her feet. She was determined to move forward.
“Alright, SHOW YOURSELF!” she shouted angrily. Her desire to protect was kicking in.

Jay jolted forwards, caught off guard. "Well, it looks like the plan of leaving them alone and hoping they leave us alone isn't working," he said, regaining his balance, "so here we go." He dropped into a fighting stance and concentrated briefly, before the flame on his tail jumped in size. "Work Up raises my offensive capabilities, allowing me to strike harder."

Hitari kept walking. "Jeez, you think we would find it by now." Hitari then stopped suddenly. "Wait, I'm sensing about 4 Pokemon right next to me." She opened her eyes and looked around. "I don't see the pokemon anywhere. " Hitari looked up and saw 4 green pokemon. Hitari was about to warn the others a large green vine appeared right next to her and whipped her. "Thank goodness that's not very accurate." Hitari jumped back behind Eve and Nora. Just then a swarm of seed bombs flew torwards the group. "I'll protect you! Lucky Chant!" Said Hitari as a barrier blocked the seeds. "We walked into Pansage's territory!" Said Hitari. 4 Pansage jumped from out of the trees and weren't too happy to be disturbed."Can you guys take care of them for me? I'll back you up." Said Hitari as a purple light glowed beneath Eve and Nora. "I know helping hand too by the way."

Last edited:

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
A small emolga flew in the plains, as a chikorita chased him.
"Slow down Sparky! You might get lost if you will keep up like that, you can hurt yourself too!" The Chikorita yelled in worry, but the flying squirrel didn't hear, so he just kept gliding joyfully.
At some point the Chikorita stopped when the emolga wasn't in sight anymore, she heavily huffing as she was exhausted from chasing the emolga for a while.

Meanwhile, the young emolga noticed a group of pokemons from a distance, and he immediately landed on the ground.
A mischievous look appeared on the emolga's face as a strange idea came to his mind, he wanted to do a little fun and mess a with the strangers. Maybe he could even battle them.
The young emolga charged up an attack before unleashing it toward the Growlithe, apparently, it was a charge beam. He started chuckling to himself cheerfully when Tiara was hit by that move.

Sol snapped out of his momentary daze when he saw Tiara get blasted by an electrical attack aimed at him. While he was concerned for her safety, he was overwhelmed with pride. This Pokémon he had known for less than a day took an attack for him, clearly this guild had attracted some of the finest Pokémon in the area. Sol quickly jumped into leadership mode. “Tate get in front and set up a defensive wall. Tiara use your aura to sense where that attack came from. Jay you and I will rush and attack as soon as Tiara locates the aggressor.” He barked to the squad.

———

Meanwhile a devious looking Zangoose wandered upon a lone Chikorita. He slowly walked up to her, standing tall, hoping to intimidate her. “Hello girl.” He slyly greeted the Pokémon. “What do you have in that bag there?” He asked as he pointed to her bag with one of his dangerous long claws, making sure to show it off in order to scare her.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Weakened by the electric attack, the Emanation Pokemon reached out with her aura once again. She sensed the presences of her allies, along with one more. Focusing in on the new Pokemon, she was able to discern that it was an Electric type.
Electric type.... Charge Beam...
Not wasting another second, she whipped in the direction of the aura that she'd sensed. She saw a mischievous looking Emolga, chuckling to herself.
Growling, she launched forward with Quick Attack, at an incredible speed. She was cloaked in a white aura, turning her into a white, blue, and black blur.

Jay nodded in acknowledgement of Sol and dashed off after Tiara. As he approached the Emolga, trailing somewhat behind the Riolu - there was no way he could keep up with Quick Attack - he began to channel energy into his fists, igniting them in a Fire Punch. He gave one last spurt of speed and lunged at the Emolga. "You do NOT get to hurt my new friends!"

Nora was surprised by the ambush of the four Pansage, who apperantly surprised Hitari too. "On it!" She responded to her leader's command. She took a step forward and attacked the four enemies with Echoed Voice. Then, she started acting bad and attakced her target, also putting a wondorous wall of light in front of them, weaking the Pansage's physical moves. She had used Baddy Bad. She waited for her companion, Eve, to attack the foes too.