• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Rp

Sol ran with Tiara and Jay, cloaked in a fire that boosted his speed. He was fast enough to be ahead of Jay, but still behind Tiara. As he neared the attacker he saw it was an Emolga, to the average Pokémon it would’ve made sense. An electric type Emolga in the Static Plains, but luckily Sol had done his research and recognized the Pokémon wasn’t native to the area so it must not be wild, maybe it’s a bandit he thought. Upon a closer look, the Pokémon’s tiny stature made it clear to him that it was only a child, albeit a trouble maker. He watched in horror as Tiara was about to attack the young Pokémon and Jay lunged ahead of him using a fire punch. “Wait guys it’s just a kid!” He shouted, but he suspected it was too late to change their trajectory. Sol quickly shot an intentionally weakened flame burst at the ground in front of the Emolga, hoping to blow all three Pokémon backwards without causing any real damage.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Tiara diverted her Quick Attack upon realizing that the Emolga was not hostile, smashing into a nearby boulder. She used Endure in order to not be knocked out by the blow.
"Ow," she mumbled.

(Eve)
Eve closed her eyes, and began using her most powerful move. A powerful sparkling wind enveloped the area around the Pansage, as she used Sparkly Swirl.

Tate jolted in shock when the Charge Beam appeared out of nowhere. Unable to do anything fast enough, he watched as Tiara jumped in front of the blast. Recovering his bearings, he nodded in response to Sol's quick orders and hurried in the direction of the blast with them. Oof... how can they run so fast? he thought faintly as Sol and Jay's flames shot ahead of him, Tiara now a blur aimed towards the enemy Pokémon. Picking up as much speed as he could, Tate lowered his head and prepared to try to Tackle it-- and was promptly pushed to a standstill half a foot away from the Pokémon by Sol's light Flame Burst. "Wha?"

Tate blinked down at the tiny Emolga. Electric/Flying... no wonder he'd been unable to outspeed it. And it wasn't even fully grown! He glanced in concern over at Tiara where she lay at the base the boulder, and turned a steadfast stare on the Emolga as he loomed. "... What was that Charge Beam for?"

Magic Sparkle

Previously Sparkling Emolga
The small emolga had a little regret. when he saw the two pokemons approaching toward him with their attacks, but on the other side, he was excited to have a battle.
He wanted to use another move at the strangers, but a flame burst came in and hit the ground in front of him.
Surprised, the young emolga stopped his attack as he lost balance and fell backwards.
"Huh?" The emolga said in confusion as he got up, it took him a moment to understand what happened, then his face got cheerful again.
"Well, that was fun!" He giggled cheerfully.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Chikorita finished an oran berry to restore her energy, just before a zangoose came to her.
At the start, the grass pokemon was surprised, but she calmed down quickly, as she didn't seem to be afraid of the pokemon.
She decided to deal with the zangoose first before searching for the emolga,
"umm... There isn't very much in my bag, just a few berries. I would have gladly given you one but I am quite in a hurry, so sorry about that" the Chikorita told the zangoos, not suspecting a thing about him. Though the position of his claws does seem odd to her.

The pansage after being hit by all of the moves tried to run away. "Wait!" said Hitari. "What!?" said the Pansage angrily. "Sorry for attacking you like that, you see we never meant to invade on your territory. We're actually exploration team members." Said Hitari as she showed her badge. "Oh, sorry ma'am. You see so many pokemon invade our berry supply that we have to protect it." Said the pansage. "One question though,n was a pokemon named Tyrouge in the area?" "Yeah he was here about a week ago." "He actually sent us a request to come here. He left an item called a 'Black Belt'. Have you seen it anywhere?" "Yeah we actually have it. Let me go get it. said the Pansage. He returned with the black belt and a pouch of berries. "Sorry again about attacking you like that. Here's a present from the Pansage Crew to you." "Thank you. Wow, this'll be great for dinner. Our first mission was a success guys!" As Hitari said that rhe pansage ran off.

Last edited:
It was not like Sol to get angry, and in truth, he wasn’t. Sol often spent time wandering around the wilderness as a kid, looking for excitement, so he could understand why the young Pokémon might be out there on his own. But he was a leader now and he knew it was his responsibility to help teach the child, even if it meant being a little harsh. “What were you thinking? We could’ve killed you.” He scolded the child as he walked towards him, just as the Blaziken had scolded him when he was young. “Where are your parents? This place isn’t safe for a kid like you, especially since there’s a criminal that’s been hanging out around here.” Sol felt a little guilty, he didn’t like being the bad guy.

———

Zangoose snickered at the Chikorita’s response, clearly this girl didn’t understand who he was. “Let me rephrase that.” He chortled, “Either give me everything you have or you’re in for a world of pain.” Zangoose used hone claws, rubbing his claws together to sharpen them.

Magic Sparkle

Surprisedly, the young emolga froze in place when the growlithe started scolding him along with the other strangers.
"S-sorry, I am always doing it when I am challenging someone to a battle. And like a charm, the others accept it immediately and attack me back. It's always fun!" The emolga explained as he get cheerful again, not taking the scolding too seriously.

He started scratching the back of his head when he was asked about his parents, as he grew a bit nervous.
"W-well... I-i don't exactly have parents, they were gone long before I was born. But I do have Bloom! She is living with me since I was hatched!" The small pokemon explained and looked back, "I wonder what taking her so long... She is usually catching up with me very quickly" he said curiously and turned back to the strangers

"But what are you mean there's a criminal here? Bloom and I have been traveling here more than once, and we never saw a criminal or something out of ordinary" he told the strangers.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Chikorita realized the situation she got into, as she understood that the zangoose is an outlaw. Yet she decided to hide her fear and stress
"Ummm... I-i am not exactly... Sure if I can give you all the berries..." The Chikorita explained as she is starting to sweat slightly. "They are very important for traveling, and I really need to hurry and go search for someone..." She was ready to use protect and escape, as she was totally aware of who she is dealing with and what is going to happen probably.
"S-so ummmm.. u.. i-if you don't mind... I...i will just leave".

Sol switched into emergency mode, if this emolga’s friend was delayed and alone he had a pretty good guess what the hold up was. “Alright get on Tate’s back.” He ordered the electric squirrel as he gestured to the shieldon. “Point us in the direction you last saw bloom. Tiara use your skills to detect nearby Pokémon, especially ones with an especially sinister aura. Jay, you and I will rush Zangoose at the first sign of him. Tate your top priority now is to protect Emolga, our duty as an exploration team is to keep innocent Pokémon safe.”

———

Zangoose lunged at the Chikorita, slashing its claws. “Nice try.” He chortled.

Last edited:
Char watched silently as the Pansage group attacked the group he was following. They seemed to have the battle under control, however, and Char did not interfere. He was impressed by the explorer group’s strength. He continued to watch from a discreet hiding place, wondering why they had stopped fighting and seemed to be friends now. That was not how things worked. If you were enemies, you showed no mercy. Char was curious enough that he stuck his head fully out, plainly visible if any of them were to look in his direction. However, he had a much better view of them.

"We should head back, I need to start on dinner. Thank you again!" She looked through the bag of berries. "Let's see, tomato berries, chople berries, pecha berries Oh! They threw in some heal powder too! That'll make the best stew ever. The more contrasting flavors will make the meal more complex!" thought Hitari. As she was about to head back she sensed a rustling in the bushes. "Wait, someone's here." She said. She paused and scanned the surrounding area. Suddenly about 15 feet away, there was a cat figure. She linked with him telepathically. "Three questions, Who are you, Why are you following us, and Are you the same guy who randomly hissed at my guild leader?"

Char made eye contact with the Kirlia as it spotted him, and was about to sink back into the bushes when he heard the voice in his head. Now that a psychic link was established, he was able to respond mentally.

None of your buisness. Also none of your buisness. And if you are talking about that Growlithe earlier, I was getting some alone time and he came at me out of nowhere.”

Char then walked forward out of his hiding place, deciding running away would be the wrong move. His fur was bristling, but although he looked threatening it was easy to tell he was also slightly nervous.

"None of my business? Can you tell me which part isn't my business? I can tell you which does! The fact that you're following me!" said Hitari as she stepped back a bit. Hitari gave Char a quick scan after making sure to sever the link connection. "He's called a Torracat. Fire type, huh? They're not common around here." "Just tell me why! For someone who hates it when people walk in on them, you sure like doing it to us!"

“Who ever said I was following you? I was here in the forest and I heard a battle, so I came to take a look.”

Char half-lied. What he said was technically true, but he did leave out some details. The black and red Pokémon began circling the border of the cleaning, maintaining his distance from the group and never taking his eyes off them.

Last edited:
Nora smiled as the group of Pansage gave them the Tyrope's lost Black Belt. She turned around and was ready to walk back to the Guild Base when Hitari warned them about another Pokémon in the area. She looked around frantically, trying to spot the potential threat. Then, she saw a Torracat peeking his head to look at the group. She gulped as she heard Hitari talking about the Pokémon following us. She looked at her teammates, then back at the Torracat. "We don't really need to battle it." She whispered to Hitari and Eve. "If we just leave carefully, it might leave us alone. Or, if it will continue to follow us, we can lead it back to town where there will be more Pokémon likely to help us..." She was right... right? She didn't want to attack it at the time being, in case it had a non-violent/non-morbid reason to follow them.

"That liar." Thought Hitari as she linked with Nora. "Alright, I'll try to teleport us out. But I can only do it so far." "Y'know what? Never mind. Just please stop following us! It's weird and creepy and I'm 87% sure it's illegal!" Said Hitari as she readied her teleportation. She turned around and motioned Eve and Nora to follow her. "Here's the plan. We'll put some distance, and just in case he tries to attack us we'll be to far and we'll have enough time to teleport away ."

Char plopped down on his haunches, still looking from one to the other of the adventurers.

“Again, who said I was following you?”

His tail began flicking from side to side. His eyes narrowed slightly as his eyes moved back to the Kirlia. This one was pretty smart. He would have to keep an eye on this one.

Sol ran after Tiara as she led the group towards the auras, in not much time he saw what appeared to be a Zangoose attacking a Chikorita. “Quick Jay, you’re the fastest one of us, we need to stop that Zangoose before that Chikorita gets hurt.” Sol ordered as he cloaked himself in fire to rush the outlaw as well.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
(Eve)
Eve remained quiet through the interaction. She didn't want to make any chaos.
Slightly nervous, she readied to defend herself, if needed. She wouldn't attack, not by any means, but she didn't want anyone to get hurt.

(Tiara)
Rage bubbled up inside the Riolu. This outlaw was attacking an innocent Chikorita, and attacking innocents made her blood boil.
"Stop that right now!" she shouted with rage, preparing a Force Palm.

Zangoose was taken aback by the punch, hurt but determined not to show it. “You’re going to regret that punk.” He shouted as he charged at the Chimchar with a slash attack.

———

Sol dashed over to the Chikorita, “Are you alright?” He asked while putting himself between the Pokémon and Zangoose.

Magic Sparkle

The Chikorita lost balance and fell to the ground when the zangoose attacked her, she never expected the outlaw to be that fast and it caught her off guard.
The grass pokemon was badly damaged, especially in her legs. So she couldn't get up and escape.
But luckily, before the zangoose could do anything he was attacked by two fighting moves that came out of nowhere, as she could see a growlithe coming towards him.

"D-don't worry, I am fine. I just need an Oran berry from the bag and I would be fine" the Chikorita replied, "but I don't have time for that, I really need to find someone before he will do something reckless and get lost or get hurt" she explained in worry.
The grass pokemon tried to stand up on her legs, but she immediately fell down as a huge pain passed through her. She didn't notice the emolga as she was focused on the growlithe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The emolga followed the strangers to see a zangoose attacking Bloom. Filled with anger, the electric pokemon jumped and unleashed an electro ball at the outlaw.
"Stay away from Bloom!" He yelled furiously, though he wasn't loud at all and the criminal probably didn't hear it.

Jay, still off balance from his lunging attack, took the Slash full on, getting knocked to the ground. Ow. That hurt. A lot. He stood up, a little bit shaky, and attacked again with a Fire Punch, aiming right at the Zangoose's face. "The only one who's gonna regret anything is you!"

Zangoose used counter and ducked under the fire punch before swiping upwards with his claws. He turned to the Riolu, “Stay out of this small fry.” He mocked her as he used quick guard to block the attack, unfortunately for him he was not paying attention and was hit full force by the electro ball, though it did not do much damage coming from a much weaker Pokémon. Still, the outlaw was irritated and turned in the direction of the attack and locked eyes with the Emolga. “You’re going to regret that.” Zangoose threatened and charged at him with his strongest move, Crush Claw.

————

That fool thought Sol when the Emolga launched an electro ball towards Zangoose Is he trying to get himself killed? Zangoose was already plenty difficult for the group and he didn’t need a kid making things worse. Unfortunately the Zangoose was now charging at the young Emolga and Sol knew what he needed to do. Before rushing off he looked back at the Chikorita and gave a reassuring smile, completely hiding his fear, “Don’t worry, we’re an exploration team. Everything is going to be alright.” On that note he quickly jumped in front of the Emolga, taking the full force of the attack and was launched near Jay and Tate. Sol fell to the ground with two red slash marks visible on his side. “It up to you guys now.” He weakly stated. “Keep them safe.” Sol’s vision began to blur.

———

The Zangoose was slightly thrown off by the growlithe’s interference. He turned to the group “Who wants it next?” He asked as he cleaned his claws with his tongue.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
With an expression of pure anger on her face, Tiara stepped forward. Her leader was down, and she was not going to let that slide.
"You know what? You really need to be taken down. And I mean way down. Straight to the Reverse World." Her eyes flared blue, as the clanging of swords could be heard. She had used Swords Dance.
With no mercy in her eyes, her fists began to glow. With lightning speed, she began using Bullet Punch.

"Gah!" Jay flew backwards from the Zangoose's attack, landing - once more - on the ground. Note to self: Counter can really screw you over. Everything hurt, and his vision began to blur. Is this really how our first mission will go? With us all beaten on the ground? He felt his anger begin to spark within him, igniting through the pain. No! If we lose here, that Zangoose is gonna go on hurting innocent Pokemon. I... I can't let him win. I won't let him win! Jay struggled to his feet once more, breathing heavily. "I won't..." he spat out, "go down that easily!" The burning anger inside him grew stronger moment by moment, erupting in a pillar of flame around him. When the fire died down, it revealed that Jay had changed. His tail was longer, his fingers more pronounced, and a thick blue band of fur had appeared above his eyes, all showing that he had evolved into Monferno. His fists ignited once more. "Looks like you're gonna have to do a bit better than that."

Magic Sparkle

The emolga stayed in his place when the zangoose dashed toward him, his tail just turned to metal as he was ready to strike him down with iron tail.
But surprisingly, the growlithe took the zangoose's attack instead of him, this time the emolga got serious.

As the riolu distracted him, the emolga's cheek charged electricity, but instead of attacking the zangoose he just nuzzled himself. It was one of the small Pokémon's tricks, every time he is hit by an electric move he gets faster.
Next, after he was fast enough, he charged up an electro ball and unleashed it on the zangoose. This time it would deal more damage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I never knew there's also exploration teams here" the Chikorita replied surprised as she looked at him go. She could see him protecting a very familiar pokemon from the zangoose, there's no doubt it's her little emolga.
Knowing him, she knew he won't listen if she will tell him to stop, so she had to do something else.
If something will happen to her emolga she would immediately attack, but she knew her little emolga can handle for a while with that trick.
Bloom decided to use heal pulse on the growlithe in the meanwhile, she pointed her leaf at the dog pokemon as pink waves came from it. heading straight toward the growlithe in an attempt that he would recover by that.

Tate watched helplessly as the Emolga launched an Electro Ball at the Zangoose, unable to prevent the smaller Pokémon from attacking without making himself vulnerable to the enemy's attacks. He winced as the Crush Claw hit Sol full-on. This teamwork was... not working out! Not at all! Seeing Jay struggle to get up on his feet, Tate realized he was actually shaking a bit himself. He sighed shakily and looked the Zangoose head-on.

I'm not gonna give in here! Putting himself between Sol and the Emolga (though not enough to stop him from firing blasts over his shoulder), and the Zangoose, Tate raised his head and used Iron Defense, ready to hold off any incoming attack. And... he blinked at the burst of fire coming from where Jay had been, and the resonating sound of clanging swords. Looks like they were still well enough to keep going! Reaching into his pack, Tate pulled out his Quick Seed and threw it in Jay's direction. "Use that!"

After a few seconds, the exploration badge glowed. A pink light shined around the team, "Liar" said Hitari the moment before the flash of light enveloped the group. In an instant, they were gone. Back at the base, the group appeared midair. Hitari fell onto the ground right next to her tent. "I need to work on my-" said Hitari as a bag proceeded to land on her head. "Oww. I wonder why the other group isn't back yet."

And with that flash of light, Char was lost. He had no way to get back to the town except possibly following a their scent-trail from the trip to Pansage territory. He recognized their escape as Teleportation, as he had seen Abra do similarly in the past. Char’s tail flicked in minor amusement, as he wondered if he had really scared them that much. They had clearly had the advantage if it came to a fight, so he must have been pretty intimidating to scare them like that. However, he didnt want to get stuck in the woods, or Pansage territory, all night, so he put his nose to the ground and began tracking the trail back to town.

A warm glow surrounded Sol, he began to feel better and the cuts slowly shrunk until they faded away. When he looked up he saw all the commotion going on, and was stunned to see Jay had evolved. “Way to go Jay!” He shouted thinking of what he could possibly do to help. Now reenergized he stood up and used sunny day, boosting his and Jay’s fire power.

————

Zangoose was beginning to get irritated, he had not wanted to put forth real effort. “When will you learn.” He teased the Riolu as she attacked, “Even if you power up, if you can’t finish me off you’re just gonna get hit twice as hard.” Zangoose took the bullet punch to the stomach, wincing in pain as it was harder then he had anticipated, but that only made it more powerful as his claw glowed orange to spike the Riolu to the ground. He was again hit by the electro ball and was now ready to kill the Pokémon that was sending those. “You...” He glared as he turned to face the Emolga “.....are going to pay for that.” With that he lunged towards the tiny Pokémon with glowing white claws, prepared to finish it off.

————

Sol knew there was no way he could make it in time to cover the attack, he had to act fast. “Guys time for a team attack.” He whispered as he spoke quickly to the two Pokémon next to him. “Jay I don’t know what you can do with that new body of yours but I need you to get there quick, get an attack in, then grab Emolga and create distance.” He looked at the now monferno, happy he had a Pokémon that strong to rely on. “Tate, assuming Jay makes it there in time and can get Emolga a safe distance away, I’ll fire a flame burst at Zangoose, he won’t be able to use a counter against that so he’ll be exposed. I want you to charge using the fireball as cover, it should be big enough to conceal you due to the effect of sunny day. Maintain that iron defense and use tackle while he’s vulnerable, he won’t know what hit him.” He smiled at the Shieldon, something about the Pokémon really made Sol happy to have him. “Chikorita please help Tiara.” He shouted.

Jay grabbed the Quick Seed and gulped it down, glad for the surge of adrenaline it provided. "Got it!" He didn't know if he could make it to the Emolga in time, but by Arceus he was going to try his best. He raced forward, with the aim of knocking Zangoose off course again. Not fast enough! He pushed himself even harder. I'm still not gonna make it in time! He gave one last desperate push, when suddenly his fist began to glow and he shot forward twice as quickly as before, getting within range of the Zangoose just in time, and striking. His attack complete, Jay made a grab at the Emolga, attempting to get them both to safety before he got hit by the inevitable Counter.

“Nice work.” Sol muttered to himself, extremely thankful Jay had made it in time. “Alright we’re up.” He told Tate. Sol shot a flame burst towards the Zangoose, more than double the size of his normal attack. “Now Tate!” He shouted as the attack neared the outlaw.

———

Zangoose was taken aback by the speed coming from the Monferno, he had prepared to counter but the monkey was already out of his range by the time he was ready. He caught the image of something out of the corner of his eye and turned to face it. A large fireball was coming directly at him. Zangoose lifted his claws in a quick guard to try to shield himself but was still badly burnt by the flames. He stood there, exposed and vulnerable, trying to regroup himself.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The move hit her hard, really hard. She was tossed to the ground, although she managed to use Endure as the move connected to avoid fainting.
Every cell in her body told her to stop, to let the others handle it. Her mind did too, trying to convince the Riolu to back down.
He’s too strong...
Using a small rock for support, she brought herself up to her feet.
Eve wouldn’t stop.
She growled ferociously, although her voice was a weakened rasp.
Well, if I’m going out, might as well go out with a bang.
Tucking her limbs in, she prepared a Quick Attack, catapulting towards their foe. It likely would not K.O, but it could give Tate an opening. She knew she would faint once this was over, but she refused to fail like that.

Last edited:
Tate nodded in response to the plan, relieved to see that Sol was alright. He wasn't sure if he'd be able to knock out the Zangoose, but he'd do his best. Keeping his unyielding stance going as the others got their hits in (a part of him was still amazed his teammates were so strong), he readied for the Tackle. This shouldn't hurt himself with his defense so high-- but it might be enough, if he could just put his all into it... it had to be enough! His friends were counting on him! As soon as Tiara fell away, he galloped straight at the burned Zangoose, drawing on as much energy as he could.

The impact actually left him a little dazed. Tate clambered off of the Zangoose laying on the ground, and winced. "Ow..." He hadn't run into the Zangoose's claws or anything (or if he had, they'd been deflected), but he'd definitely taken damage. That had been a way more reckless move than he was used to using. Wait-- had he actually done enough to Take it Down? Jumping back to a defensive stance facing the Zangoose, he watched it carefully. No movement... swirly eyes... was this what a fainted Pokémon looked like? He looked to the others. "Did it work?"

Zangoose was hit full force by the quick attack, not having the time or energy to defend. As he slowly rose to his feet he felt the hardest impact of his life crash into him, it was like being hit by a steel rod, that sent him tumbling backwards. Zangoose’s vision began to blur as he looked at the team of Pokémon who had just defeated him. “Drats” he muttered to himself as he passed out.

———

“Way to go guys!” Sol cheered upon seeing the feinted Zangoose. “Is everyone alright?” He asked as he walked over to the outlaw, taking rope out of his bag to tie him up. Sol wanted to just get out quick, he was starting to feel hungry, but he would feel bad if his team all just teleported away with their badges, leaving the two new Pokémon behind. “Would you two like to come back to our guild base with us?” Sol asked the duo they had just protected.

"Let's start on dinner." Said Hitari as she rubbed her head. She went into the main tent and got out a pot. "Now time to make the broth." Hitari put in the Energy Powder and some water into the pot and suddenly the broth had a bitter and pungent aroma. "Wait, I think I put in too much. Well, that just means more flavor". Hitari proceeded to put in uneven chuncks of berries, too much of somethings to little of other things. It was sour, bitter, spicy and somehow sweet all at the same time, but in the worst way possible. When it was done it was chunky, slimy, gritty and a noxious smell to boot. "Alright! Eve, Nora, Dinners ready! I made Stew! Don't eat too much though, it's for everyone!" Said Hitari as she spooned the dark purple mixture into a bowl.

Last edited: