• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon mystery dungeon: a town of of hope(reboot)

"Oh... Oh i'm so sorry." Devowa with sadness in her voice, she was nearly on the verge of tears for James, she could not imagine what he was going through. She began wrapping her giant tail around him in some sort of snakelike hug, trying to make him feel better. "Do you want to talk about it? I would be willing." Devowa said still trying to make him fell better.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yeah. I would do anything to stop feeling this way. If only it worked out like that." James felt reassured by Devowa hugging him with her tail. James's Frubbles puffed up. "Thanks..." James added. He felt a lot better knowing someone care about him, but he still felt sad on the inside. It was harder to tell now, as he stopped crying.

Devowa smiled now the James was no crying. "No problem, just know i'm willing to listen if you want to talk." Devowa said. After that she picked him up with her tail and placed him on her belly. "My mommy always did this when I was your age, it always made me fell better." She said smiling at Jame, she was determined to make James smile at least a little bit.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Hey!" James said. "You said at my age. I'm thirteen!" James giggled a bit. "Anyway, my mom did too. It always made me feel at least a little bit better. She even did it when we were hiding from the corruption..." James started to feel sadder again as he started talking about the depressing stuff. "This all started about a week ago... We were doing fine, and suddenly a corrupted Pangoro attacked us. We were huddled in our little den, while my dad and my oldest brother tried to fight him off... it was horrible to see..."

Mina climbed down the ladder to the guild dorms,she walked past several door until she found the one her team was assigned"so this is where I'll be living now, awesome!"she said as she opened the door"this will be great,I'm finally a real guild member, tommorow I'm going on a mission with my team!"she said excited for her new life

Belt sighed"I hope James is ok, and Team Sun already has a room,Ko aren't you with Lara?"Belt asked"and starting tommorow you will refer to me as guildmaster I'll make sure the other recruits get that message as well"belt said back in his normal tone

Devowa was a little shock to hear James say he was thirteen, he was so small, but she guess it was different for everyone. "Really thirteen, that makes you not much younger than me, i'm nineteen." Devowa giggled but then he told her about what happened to his family "I see, i'm sorry...." Devowa said and then passed for a second not sure what to say, then continued. "How did to escape if your Father and Brother where your strongest?" She asked while trying hard not to jiggle poor James around on her soft stomach. Devowa could not take much more of the corruption, but that fueled her passion to help fix this.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I can't quite understand, I think you meant 'why did you have to escape." James responded. "My dad and my oldest brother were able to fight off the Pangoro, but the morning after, we were woken up to find that both of them had been corrupted. We tried to hide, but to no avail..." James's tone got a lot sadder as he continued to speak. "After a while, my mother told us to run as far as we could. That was only yesterday... I was nearby for a while, but feared that I would be corrupted, so I hopped as fast as my little legs could take me. That's why I collapsed of exhaustion earlier."

Devowa was silent for awhile but finally spoke. "Well believe it or not we could still save them. The entire reason for me being here is to find a cure to the plague and if they just got infected and not kill they could still be alive." Devowa said with some new found happiness in her voice, unfortunately she nearly got up in her excitement that she could help fix this made her stomach jiggle which nearly made James fall of of her. "Oh sorry about that." She giggled. "But i'm not joking, they could still be saved, if i'm right then this is a disease which means that there most be some way of countering it."

Bastet, now wearing the bag given by the guild, was fumbling with her new badge as she walked through the corridors to the team's room as directed. "This is really intriguing, my hometown didn't really have much of a guild or anything close to it. The closest were the territorial Pokemon that controlled parts of the town," the Purrloin commented, somewhat fading into a mumble. She looked up, walking through the door. Guess I have to stay with my "Team" since I don't really have a place to stay.
She watched Mina, noticing her enthusiasm. It seemed like too much in her opinion. Is she seriously my team leader? She seems a bit too... I have no comments.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(I was just eating dinner :p, I'm back. Also, when is it gonna be the next day?)

"Really? You think so?" James's eyes lit up. He never thought that they could save his family. "I really do hope that is the case!" This was somehow the happiest James had been since he escaped, and all because Devowa said one thing. It lifted him out of his sadness. "Well, I will surely help in whatever way I can!" James had flashbacks again, but this time they were kinda good. They made him determined. He wanted to start right away, but he knew he couldn't as it was getting late, and he was tired. He was so tired, and it was a bit too late. He started to doze off lying on Devowa. He fell asleep cutely.

Last edited:
Devowa was happy that she finally won out on trying to make him feel better. "Well then first thing tomorrow lets get looking for a cure, and maybe help some people along the way." Devowa said, she heard creaking again from the bed and realized that she better get off this thing soon or it is going to give way. "Alright James as much as I think that I would make a good bed you better get in your own." She said as her tail wrapped around him and placed him in his bed. Devowa got off the bed, and just in time to look about ready to give and found her own much bigger bed and got in it for a nap.

"Well, um... I'll just go to sleep," Bastet said as she laid down on a bed in the corner. She curled up into a ball, still feeling fatigue from running out of the forest. Ugh... Tomorrow is going to bite with this "Team" and the fact that I sort of ran too much today, the Purrloin looked at Mina.
"Night..." The feline was already out cold.

Kit followed Mina back to where they were going to stay for the night. Honestly, he was exhausted from all the excitement and the fact that tomorrow will bring even more new things. Without a word, Kit just found himself a bed and laid in it. It sounded like the Purrloin that joined the team the same time he did also feel asleep.

No use in staying up any further. He munched one last time on another of his honey glazed Oran berries and fell asleep to rest for another day.

Once the guild recruits were asleep the guild slowed down and left only a few pokemon awake in the guild

*The next morning*

*Yawn*"good morning guys"Mina said wiping her eyes,she saw that kit or Bastet wasn't awake yet so she left the room and went up to the kitchen,the guild is supposed to provide breakfast lunch and dinner to guild members that live at the guild,Mina looked and realized she was the only one in the kitchen,other than the chef who looked like he'd been awake for hours"good morning,is nobody up yet"she asked as she sat down on a soft cushion next to a large dinner table"no, not yet anyways"the Simisear replied,him being the head chef for the guild he was always cooking and baking,he handed Mina a plate of cooked berries and an apple"I can't wait for the others to get up, then we can go on a mission!!"she yelled happily while she ate her meal"hey, kid keep it down"the Simisear whispered

"Yawn!" Devowa released a massive yawn as she slithered out of bed, James was still asleep. "*Growl*" Devowa's belly made. She was staving and went to the kitchen, she found Mina was already there munching. "Hello dear." She said to Mina as a thought came into her head. "Does she feed both heads or just the one?" Devowa got her food from the Simisear but ask for second and the thirds, forths was next but she could tell she was angering him and stopped.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Edit: You ninja'd me!

Despite being underground, James could tell it was morning. He yawned, and sat up. Morning, already? Oh well. Time for me to get up. James rubbed his eyes, and yawned again. He noticed Devowa was gone. Huh. He hopped out of bed anyways, and walked down the hall. He made his way outdoors, and surely enough, the sun was rising. He hopped over to the lake that was nearby, and splashed water on his face. He was used to cold water, so it didn't do too much to wake him up, but it made him get ready. He looked at the sun rising, yawning again. "Amazing view..." He mumbled.

The view was nice and all, but he was feeling both bored, and lonely. So he dried himself off from all the water he splashed on his face and hopped back to the entrance of the Guildhall and climbed down the ladder. James was getting kinda hungry and decided to head to the kitchen. He saw Mina, Devowa, and a Semisear. "Morning fellows." James suddenly not hiding away from anyone who wasn't Devowa.

Last edited:
Kit yawned and stretched his limbs as he got out of his bed. He had what he thought was the best night of sleep he ever had in awhile. He was normally restless during nights thinking that the corruption or any pokemon that had the corruption could approach any day. He knew now that everyone in the guild can fight back and find the cure to end this threat.

Kit quietly walked out of the room so not to wake his Purrloin teammate whom was still asleep. He arrived at the kitchen to see what breakfast held. He waved a quick good morning wave to the Serperior and Froakie that was already there and said a quick "Good morning" to them as well. He spotted Mina already getting her breakfast. Kit decided to sit next to her with his honey glazed Oran Berry that was cooked up by the cook. "Good morning Team Leader Mina, what shall we do first this fine morning?" He asked her with a smile. He could barely contain his excitement, it has been his goal for a long time to become part of a team to return the favor that he received long ago.

Devowa smiled at James when he entered. "Morning James *mmmh*, you seem, *gulp* to be in better spirits." She said through a mouth full, she convinced the cook to give her more, mostly because her stomach would not stop growling. "When we are done want to head out for a mission?" Devowa said and then plopped in another pancake with berry sauce in her mouth.

Mina was surprised when kit addressed her like that"oh,well after breakfast and when Bastet wakes up I was thinking we go on a mission,we should be able to back each other up"Mina said as she finished her food"what do you think we should do in the meantime, maybe prepare in town"she said uncertain about what to do

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Yeah, more determined now." James responded. "Yeah, I'll come, let me eat first." James then asked the Semisear, who James assumed was the cook, for just one singular pancake. Hey, James was small, he could barely eat just one pancake. He did eat it quickly, and was filled up. "Yeah, I'm ready when you are." James was rearing to go on a mission, and was happy to start solving the Corruption problem.

(Unfortunately, I have to go to sleep, so... yeah... good night everyone!)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Titus ran and ran through the forest until he saw something that resembled the Scrafty Guild Hall. He got out of the forest and burst through the door. He almost yelled, but calmed down enough to ask in a normal voice, "Is this the Scrafty Guild?" He looked around, all these Pokemon seemed normal, which calmed the scared Pokemon even more, if this truly was the Scrafty Guild, he had finally found a safe haven.

Baster finally awoke, though due to the sound of the main Guild door being forcefully opened. Cranky and regretting her decision from last evening, she went to the kitchen. "M... Morning..." She yawned, trying to wake up. After a while, she turned her attention to Titus then looked at her team and the other guild members.
"Did I... Miss something?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Good morning." James said, wiping the syrup off the of his mountain. "The only thing you missed was breakfast, go get yourself something to eat." James started nibbling on small berries. He was now just waiting for Devowa to be ready, and then they could explore on a mission! He turned to Devowa. "Hey, what are going to do, exactly?"

Last edited:
"Oh hello dear." Devowa said to the strange Pokemon that burst through the door. She saw the James was finishing up so she picked up the rest of her meal and ate it all in one gulp. "I don't really know, guess i'll check the board." Devowa said to James when he asked what they are doing. She slithered over to it to see what was on the board today. "Hey James lets go on this one." Devowa said. It read. "Strange happenings in the woods." and under it. "There has been many sightings of ghost like things in the wood could someone help me investigate. signed Squirtle."

Last edited:
"Bastet, your awake, you should eat your breakfast so we can go on a mission"she said as Bastet walked into the room"I'll go find a mission while you eat"she said getting up and walking out of the kitchen,once she was at the mission boards she tried to find a more difficult mission than the one she did herself"how about this one"she said tearing a note off the wall,it read something about a house getting attacked by corrupted pokemon, but the house had many items of setimetal value"this should be perfect"she said to herself as she twirld around in excitement

Bastet nodded, walking by Simisear for Pecha and Cheri berries. She sat next to Kit, mainly because she knew he was also a member of her team. The Pokemon started to eat her spicy-sweet meal as she waited for Mina to return. Out of curiosity, she turned to James after Devowa left. The Purrloin looked at the Froakie for a few seconds until suddenly asking, "Aren't you a little too young to be on a team?" She flinched after realizing her statement.
"Don't take that the wrong way, just curious."

Mina returned to the kitchen where her team was eating"I found a mission we could do together after breakfast"she smiled, she then noticed Bastet who was looking at James strangely"um, I'd something happen while I was out"she asked still holding the note in her hands

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Titus was okay that no one really acknowledged his presence and nervously asked no one in particular, "Is there any spots on a team open? I have heard about a team called Team Sun and I would like to join that team." The Bulbaaur hoped that he would be noticed and addessed soon, but until then, he would wait patiently until assigned a team.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"13, almost 14, isn't that young..." James quickly said before catching up with Devowa. I was really hoping that it would have something to do with my family, but okay. Training I guess. "Sounds good, Devowa. Ghosts don't scare me." James tried to seem confident, but he was easy to scare, and ghosts freaked him out. James didn't care too much. "Let's go."

(Sooooo sorry. I had school, and thankfully I didn't miss much.)

"Sounds good lets go." Devowa said and then ripped off the note. She opened the door and motioned James to follow as they headed out to find this Squirtle. "This brings back memories." She thought as they walked or in their case slithered and jumped. Devowa has had many adventure before this one but it has been awhile since she had one with a guild, mostly she soloed it or made some part time friend to help her with it. She look around and after a little while found the Squirtle. "Hey we got you message." Devowa said to him.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Let's just share control of Squirtle.)

"Hey, where exactly should we be-" James responded before noticing the Squirtle. "Never mind." He also noticed how despite the fact that Squirtle was considered the tiny turtle Pokemon, he was still taller than James. James hated being so small. He could go faster and eat less, but he certainly wasn't intimidating. He figured that he would let Devowa do the talking.

"Thank you so much for coming!" Squirtle responded. "I just wanted to make sure that no-one could be hurt by these ghosts I saw..."

Devowa looked down at the little guy. "That is very noble of you, come on let go see if we can find them." Devowa said happily like there is nothing creepy about going in to a forest looking for the dead. "Hopefully there just here for some fun." She said. "I'v meet a lot of ghost types and mostly all they want is a good time." Devowa continued as she slithered down the path with the two water types.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Well, I haven't encountered many ghosts before." James responded. "But, I don't think they mean any trouble." Squirtle nodded. All of a sudden, James heard a very loud, and familiar scream. "What was that?" Squirtle started. "Doesn't sound good, someone's in trouble!" James nodded, and the two started running off in the direction they heard the scream come from.

Devowa looked up at the scream trying to find where it came from, unfortunately James was already going after it. "James wait up!" She yelled as she slithered after him. "What was that, he sure seem to know." She thought to herself. She was moving at the same speed as James but he had to much of a head start and she lost him, but she still knew which way he was heading by the scream.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
As they got closer, James could start hearing actual words.

"AH! HELP! ANYONE!"

James knew that feminine voice. After a minute passed, it clicked. It was his sister. How could I forget? It hasn't been that long... "EMILY!" He called out. Just as he said that, James and Squirtle had reached her. Squirtle figured that this was someone important to James, and thus stayed back a bit. James collapsed onto her, with tears in his eyes, but this time, joyous tears. Emily, James's younger sister, was also crying of joy.

After a bit, the two Froakies stopped hugging and crying. "What was wrong anyways?" James asks.

"I-I-I saw a ghost!" Emily responded. "I didn't even know they were real. It just scared me a bit. Anyways, who are the two Pokemon behind you?" James sighed, and explained what a guild was. Emily of course, really wanted to meet them, and James blushed in embarrassment.

Last edited:
Devowa caught up and found James crying again, at first she was worried but then she realized they where happy tears. She over heard a girls name and guess she was James sister. Devowa was happy to see them reunited, then she heard Emily wanted to meet them and of course Devowa came over to say hello. "Hello there dear, my names Devowa." She said with the usual amount of joy in her voice when she meet someone new.

Ko stepped up to the job board at the guild. The other new recruits already left for their missions, but the new daylight schedule around here kinda messed with him. Ko overslept quite the bit. As he scanned the board, nothing about the corruption got his attention. "How can I help about something if theirs no problems I can work with?" He said aloud, kinda in a loud voice. (@CosmicSouls )

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"How are you just as annoying and embarrassing, even after all this..." James mumbled.

"Hello!" Emily responded enthusiastically. "You better take care of my older brother! He'll die out there! Wait, I know, you'll be per-" James instantly cut her off.

"Will you be quiet?" James told her, before turning back to Devowa. "I'm sorry. She gets carried away all the time. Hey, I'll take her back to the Guildhall, you can keep going." James started dragging Emily back towards the guildhall.

"You're such a nuisance." James told her as they walked.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Titus noticed the Hakamo-o saying his issues aloud and it grabbed his attention. He went over to the Pokemon near the board, "Hey, do you happen to be a part of an exploration team?" He was tired of not being noticed, to the point when he figured out that he had to make other Pokemon recognise him, or be another face in the crowd, never really mattering. After what happened to Serigo, there is no way that he will let him stay back and let others solve this issue, especially since it was directly effecting him.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James and Emily finally arrived at the Guild building. "Now, DO NOT do anything EMBARRASING." James strictly told Emily. Emily giggled. "Follow me." James dragged Emily through the guild building, trying not to gain any attention.

"But James!" James could already tell what was going on, and continued dragging her to the Team Moon room. "I don't want to live here! I wanna go home!" James sighed.

"You know we can't yet. The corruption is still there, and I'm in this guild. I can't leave. And I can't certainly leave you alone." James sighed again. "Maybe we could go home, but it is also so far away from here. Just pick your bed already, I'll be right back, don't move." James left the room.

James took a deep breath. He was finally free from his sister for a while. He head back to the kitchen to grab a bit to eat. Everyone was still here. "Hey guys, I'm back. How 'come none of you have even left yet?" He asked the Semisear cook for a bite to eat.