• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon mystery dungeon: a town of of hope(reboot)

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James managed to get back into the guild master's room. "God, why does this building have to be a maze?" He mumbled. He quickly left and left the building. He wanted to avoid being scolded by anyone. He noticed a small lake nearby. Oh, I forgot I need to drink water to exist... He was suddenly super thirsty, so he started hopping towards the lake. He noticed Dewova, and the Lurantis that he could barely see when he was barely awake. He walked up to them. "Hey. I'm awake now." He said to them, before hopping into the lake.

Last edited:
Devowa giggled at her comment. "That funny most people say I just look fat." She said having no shame in the fact, she was proud of belly. "But I see what you mean, doctors say i'm the healthiest Serperior they have ever seen... You are a skinny thing." Devowa said looking her up and down. "Maybe a little less sun and a little more food could do you good. If you want you could come with me, I was going to see if I could find a bit to eat before my fist mission in this part of the world?" Devowa said.

Bastet was sprinting along the outside of the town. Startled by loud growling from a corrupted Rattata with beady-red eyes and running almost at the same speed as her. It was close, occasionally trying to get a successful hit on Bastet's back legs.
"CRUD! Will you just give up already!?" She snarled, her cat-reflexes made her resort to climbing up the nearest tree. As the Rattata was climbing at the tree roots, she looked around quickly. With her claw, Bastet retrieved a stick from the nearest branch she sat on then tossed it towards a bush that was a few feet away. The Rattata's ears twitched as it went off in the direction of the sound. "Ugh........" A groan could be heard, as she was finally free from the obnoxious creature.
Great, trying to get to the nearest town... I can't believe a Rattata of all things was the most difficult thing I had to deal with.
Finally relaxed, she sighed as she pulled herself together. I'll have to admit, I did enjoy the adrenaline rush at least. Bastet jumped off the tree, her ears were perked as she eyed most of her surroundings. With a small relieved breath, she continued walking into town.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James went deeper into the water, his eyes were the only thing visible. Being a water type, he did enjoy water as it was kind of rejuvenating. He could breathe underwater, which was nice too. He dug in the sand with his feet and waited for a response from Devowa. So... nice... and... warm...

Devowa watch James go into the water from the corner of her eye. "Hi James." She yelled over to him. Devowa took in a bit of the sun for her leaves that are growing on her and then began to head out for some food. "Hey James i'm heading out for something to eat world you like to come?" Devowa asked.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James got out of the water. "Uhh... sure, I guess." James was kind of hungry, but he was kind of picky. Also, he just couldn't eat large foods which was annoying. He had no teeth, and a small mouth, so he could only eat small berries, and squished up things, but at least he could eat. "Where we going, then." James attempted to dry himself off.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"I was just tired, that's all. I did way, way, way too much running, err hopping, today. Anyway, nice to meet you." James dried himself off successfully. "Yeah, let's go then." James still didn't know where they would go, but he would like it anyways.

Devowa lead the strange group to the restaurant that looked the most popular. "Lets eat here." She said as she slithered that way. The door was a little small for Devowa's liking but other than that the place looked nice. As she sat down Devowa began to look the menu up and down trying to pick.

Mina walked out of the guild and into town square,she was too distracted looking for someone to join her team that she didn't see Bastet, she bumped into her and fell to the ground"ah, sorry I wasn't looking where I was going, are you ok?" She asked trying to be nice

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James and James's family had always lived in the wilderness and had never been to a village before. So, James tried to not seem stupid for not knowing what a restaurant was. He assumed you could get food there, but he didn't know how it worked. When he went to sit down, the chair was far too low down, and James had to stand up to reach the table. So, he took some pillows and stacked them on top of each other. He eyed the table. There was this booklet thingy. Thank god I can read. He sighed and opened it to see what this thing was.

Kit saw the same Mawile that was being carried into the clinical area of the guild now wondering out of the guild building. Nows my chance to ask, it's either now or never after all! Kit walked outside only to be greeted by the Mawile having bumped into what appeared to have been a Purrloin. Honestly, he was skeptical of dark-types in general, but he figured that she was alright as well since she showed no signs of the corruption.

But seeing that the Mawile was apologizing to the Purrloin, he'd figure he'd may as well wait for her to finish. After all, he wouldn't want to be the rude one and interrupt them. He just took out another of his honey glazed oran berries and chomped on it.
I knew I shouldn't have wasted so much money on these berries, but I really can't resist the taste of honey! Kit thought as he munched on the berry. He got out two more, he figured once they were finished, he'd offer them some as well.

"I guess i'm not too hungry now. But this Rawst berry ice cream looks good, I like rawst berry and I never ate ice cream before. I gonna order this." Lara closed her menu book.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James hadn't heard of, or seen most of the dishes on the menu. Hmmmm.... agh... "Uhhh... I'll guess I'll have just... Pecha berries." That was one of the few things he had eaten before. They were easy to break into pieces, so that he could actually eat them. Plus they were sweet too. James hoped that he didn't mess up in every single way again.

The Purrloin appeared to be surprised as she encountered Mina. It fell on the ground as well. Her fur was now covered with a more noticeable amount of dirt on her hind legs, "It's fine. To be fair, I just got into town anyway." Bastet wiped her fur clean of dirt with her paws, her attempt was unsuccessful. A shrug then she offered a paw to the Mawile.
"I'm sorry about that, um... Are you alright?" She asked, uncertain of what to say since she wasn't looking at her surroundings either.

"the..thanks"Mina grabbed the purrloin's hand as she helped her up"so, what brings you to wish village"she asked wiping dirt off of herself

Belt was in his chamber resting when Viola entered the room"oh, Viola, perfect timing I need you to tell cycle to alert the new members to come to my chamber so I can give them there rooms"Belt said calmly"right away guildmaster" the Flaffy said as she left the room and went to the lower floor to alert the Rotom that ran the communication at the guild

Later all of the badges given to the new recruits began to act like a speaker when a voice could be heard coming from them

Zzt Attention all new guild recruitzzz, please report to the guildmaster chamber for an announcement over and out Zzt said the voice from the badges

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James didn't have anywhere to put his badge when he got it, so he stuffed it in his Frubbles. He definitely needed to get some sort of bag. he heard the badge, all though it was muffled by his Frubbles. "What?! We just got here..." James sighed. "Oh well, we'll have to come back later, then." James then got off the pile of pillows he was on. "Don't wait up for me." The one thing James could be good at, was running, err hopping, really fast. All though he did get tired quickly. He quickly hopped back to the guild building and went inside to the chamber. Breathing heavily, he said, "What... is... it...." He said to Belt.

"'Wish Village'? That's the name of this pla--" She paused, the sudden announcement seemed to freak her out. What was that about?
"What's with that sound I just heard? And a 'Guild'?" Bastet asked. Suddenly, a curious thought came to her. 'A Guild'...
With the recent issue of the corruption and the idea that she can't really do anything for her own survival. It's possible for her to be a 'Guild member' and use that as a way to live out this plague. Bastet isn't going to struggle with the fact that she may no longer have to rely on just pickpocketing others for her own needs. This could be a great opportunity... For her, at least. The Purrloin looked at Mina, "...I'm assuming you're a Guildmember?"

Devowa order a few things, Some different types of berries, some type of pie she had never heard of, a few small things and some ice cream for dessert. Devowa had a lot more plates then anyone else to say the least. Once her food arrived she dug into it fast, the entire way her stomach growled and she was starving, she just hope no one would mind her pigging out. Devowa heard ringing and she knew from past Guilds that she was a part of, what that meant. Devowa quickly ate the rest of her food in two big chops and then let out a small burp. "Excuse me. Come on lets go the Guild needs." Devowa said as she got up. She was heading strait for the Guild. "Maybe it was finally time to do something about the Plague." Devowa thought.

"yes, I am and it looks like I need to go back to the guild, if your interested into joining just follow me"Mina said as she ran back to the guild and waved to the purrloin,Mina made it back and quickly entered the guildmaster chamber"phew, I'm here"she said catching her breath

"you got here quick"Belt said to James and Mina"I'll tell you when the others get here"he said in his assuring voice

Kit heard the announcement for guild members to report to the guildmasters room. He'd assumed that the Mawile was part of the guild. This was a perfect opportunity to see what the guild was all about. After all, he still needed to repay the guild for them rescuing him all those years ago. Not to mention, he wanted to find some way to end the corruption once and for all!

He decided to follow the Mawile back to the guildmasters chamber. He stood beside the Mawile, but remained silent. He was still nervous about asking, but if he wanted to help put a stop to the corruption, he needed to be brave. To start, he needed to ask to become someones teammate. For now though, he just stood, waiting to see what the announcement is about.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Heh, I can go fast." James responded to Belt. "Now we wait." James sat down, and sat against the wall, his Frubbles acting as a neck pillow. "Why can't you just tell us the announcement through the badge?"

As more recruits piled into the room Belt answered James's question"well I should give it to you personally,I am your guildmaster, and I need to keep the line open in case of an emergency"Belt said sounding stern

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Totally doesn't even make a difference..." James sarcastically mumbled. "Anyways, I can't even carry my badge I don't have anything to keep it in." James took the badge out of his Frubbles, and scrubbed the Frubbles off. "I'm gonna lose this..." He mumbled.

Ko heard his announcement, but unknowing that the badges spoke, the Hakamo-o yelled, "Holy Halfbread Hamburger Buns!" (?????) Jumping from the startle. Calming down, he started his way to the Guildmasters chambers. He made it there soon. "What's up Mr. Belt?"

Devowa entered the room and waited for Belt to tell them whats up. Devowa took a seat to wait, she was still a little hungry, she did not have time for a second course. Her belly grumbled. "It will be worth going hungry for this." She thought as she waited hoping that it would be some good news about the corruption.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
While James was waiting for the announcement, he started to have flashbacks of the family he had lost to Corruption. A lonely small tear rolled down his cheek, but he tried to hid it. Not this again... why does this always happen.... He hoped it would be good news, because if it was another bad story, James was sure that he would burst into tears.

Bastet smirked as the Mawile left. Heeding the Pokemon's advice, she soon trailed after her. She walked in, noticing others -- most likely they were recent recruits. While walking past, she decided to sit in the back of the room with a slight curiosity.

"well, I'll tell the others when they arrive, but I called you here to assign you your rooms, now that your working with the guild you'll need to stay close to the rest of the guild so we provide all new teams with a room of their own, now for those of you that are leading a team I need you to tell me those in your team, Mina, as leader of team Star tell me who else has joined your team"Belt said calmly. Mina jerked upon hearing this"w...well I haven't gotten anyone to join my team yet"she said blushing from embarrassment

Kit looked ahead when the guildmaster called the Mawile, whom was called Mina, what her team was. To be honest, he wasn't surprised that she didn't have anyone as a part of her team. But he may as well come clean and spit it out right away.

"If I may, I believe that she does have someone that is part of her team...or rather, someone that is if she wants me that is" Kit said. Honestly, he really wanted to be a part of a team, but he'd figure that now was the best time to ask. Sure, it may not be the best time, but he didn't want to see her alone.

Devowa looked up at the word of teams. "I was going to make my own team if that is alright Belt." She said. "Team Moon I plan on calling it." Devowa looked around the room wondering if anyone would like to join. The news was not what she wanted to here, but it was not bad news either.

"r... really, thank you!" Mina said cheerfully"thank you kit, I'm sure you two will make a great team, now are there any other pokemon who would like to join Team Star"Belt asked the groups "and of course Devowa now who would be on Team moon"belt asked while waiting for an answer to the other question

Bastet mumbled to herself. There are other team leaders in the room right now it seems, most likely they're all recruits as well. She couldn't take a chance with them. The Mawile -- Mina would seem the most logical choice seeing as she's the only team leader she has actually met. The issue is I'm not officially registered, I literally just stepped in here because of the opportunity.
The Purrloin looked at the guild master, then sighed. She raised a paw trying to get their attention, "Excuse me, sorry to interrupt. I just heard about your recruitments and I just arrived in town... But maybe, I could join and be assigned to Team Star as well?"

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(Agh, school made me miss a lot. Also, poor James ;_;)

James sat in the corner, not really saying anything, as more and more Pokemon joined team Star. He didn't know what being in a team meant, so he didn't announce that he wanted to join. He knew the Mawile the least out of the Pokemon he knew here. He did kind of wanted to join Devowa's team, but once again, he didn't know what joining a team meant. He started getting flash backs again, he hated this. You let your family get corrupted.... You did nothing to help... You are afraid of what happened, something YOU could've stopped. He had never had voices in his head slander him before, but it really took a toll. He felt sad and angry at himself. More tears started to fall down his cheek, but he wiped them off. Maybe if I join a team, I can prove that I'm not useless... James thought about it.

After thinking about it, he decided to join Devowa's team, because James new Devowa the best, and the other team was filling up already. Nervously, he said, "Uhh... if it's okay with Devowa, I'll join her team." James wasn't even sure if anyone could even hear what he said, but at least he tried joining.

"Excellent, now James you are now a member of team moon,and welcome to the guild miss purrloin,though I will need your name"Belt said grabbing a small chest similar to the ones he gave the others to and giving it to Bastet,now that is your badge,bag and map"Belt added"Awsome! Thanks guys"Mina said happily as she grabbed kit and bastest and hugged them both"this means allot to me, thank you"she said with a small tear in her eye"now,Team Star,your room will be the last room on the left,please go downstairs to the dorms, now Devowa is anyone else joining Team Moon"belt asked again

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
I wish I got hugged, oh well. James stood up. "Hey, where would the room be for Team Moon, I know people haven't joined yet, but I need to know." James wanted a little bit of privacy. He didn't want to be in a group of Pokemon for a while. He was just feeling sad, but he knew he would get over it. He didn't want to embarrass himself by crying. He kept getting flash backs which just made him angry and sad.

"oh,well team moon's room should be the one across from Star's room"Belt answered, he could tell something was wrong with James"James, is something troubling you"he asked in a more sympathetic voice than usual

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"No, I'm fine. I'll be back soon." James got up and hopped towards Team Moon's room, entered it, and closed the door. He picked the best bed, and hopped on it. He didn't have to worry about someone taking it, because the bed would be all sticky from his Frubbles. He sighed. I don't deserve a hug. I don't deserve anything... The voices came back to him. He hated this, even more than the flashbacks he had been having. He started to cry. "I am useful! I do deserve things!" He yelled at himself, but the voices overpowered him. He stuffed his face in his pillow.

Devowa was happy James joined her group, but she was worried about him and went to check on him. She went into the team Moon room and found him crying. "Oh dear." She thought to herself and slithered over to him, "James whats wrong?" Devowa asked as she sat on the end of his bed making it creak from her weight. She knew James had something other than the Guild on his mind but now she could see it was more of a problem.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James was startled from Devowa's sudden entrance. He took his face off of his pillow. "It's... it's a long story." James spoke softly. "The corruption... it it..." James couldn't manage to say that the corruption took his family. He just couldn't do it. He tried once more, only to get another flashback, making him more angry. "I... I.... I lost my family because of it..."