• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon mystery dungeon: a town of of hope(reboot)

Link to the discussion:
https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-mystery-dungeon-a-town-of-hope-reboot.18632/#post-571015

Wish Village,a small town near a forest,also known as the town of hope and the home of the scrafty guild,the village was a safe haven for roaming pokemon to escape corruption,a disease turning the kindest of pokemon to heartless monsters,the scrafty guilds main objective is to put a stop to this

Mina was walking around town square buying a few things when the loppuny that ran the item storage called her over"huh,oh loppuny,what's up"she asked "oh Mina dear, the guild is recruiting new members again"the loppuny said kindly"what! That's awesome I can finally join the guild!"the mawile said excited as she waved and ran off toward the guild

"Guildmaster,are you sure we should let children join the guild" a flaffy asked "I don't want to do it but the corruption is taking too big of a toll on the guild,were low on rescue teams,and this is the best way we can gather more pokemon and allow them to help,these children could end up saving lives,now we must prepare for the new recruits"
Said the guildmaster,a scrafty who was famous for starting the guild"r..right away"the flaffy said and walked out of the room to prepare dorms and badges,she approached a Swanna and handed it some flyers"miss swanna,please deliver these throughout town and the ones nearby,they should spread the word to those wishing to join the guild"she asked,the swanna nodded and flew out of the guild dropping flyers out of a bag as she flew

The scrafty guild was located on the edge of Wish village,with several floors leading underground
To the kitchen,the team dorms,and the mission room

Mina entered the guild through it's front gate and quickly climbed down the ladder into the mission room where the guildmaster chamber was located,she burst through the doors and said blankly to the guildmaster
"I want to join the guild!"...

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James kept running, or in his case, hopping really fast. He was going as fast as his little legs could take him. James had both tears in his eyes, and anger in his soul, because the corruption had claimed most of his siblings, and his parents. He was a mixed bag of emotions now, all of them were a blur. He was angry, sad, fearful, and confused all at once. James kept running, not knowing where he was going. He eventually reached the village and collapsed of exhaustion. Am I finally safe now? Please for the love all good things, please do not make me run no more.... Every part of James's body hurt in some form, and he wanted to rest his legs. He then tried to figure out where he was. I'm in village of some sort, good.

James, after ten minutes of lying on the floor, stood up. He noticed some sort of gate. He didn't know if he could enter it, but he was too tired to think about it. He pushed it open, noticing a ladder. What is this place? He wasn't paying attention and tripped down into the mission room of the Scrafty Guild. He was fine, because his Frubbles protected him, as they puffed up really fast. "Ah, uhhh...." He then turned around to see other Pokemon and froze right were he was. OH LORD, I'M PROBABLY IN TROUBLE......

(If you couldn't tell, I use italics to symbol thoughts.)

When James fell from the ladder it made a few pokemon jump or flinch,however after a minute things were back to normal,some of the pokemon assumed that James was one of the new Pokemon that wanted to join the guild so they told him where the guildmaster chamber was and went back to their business

Mina looked determined to join the guild despite what she just did
"Why!! Why did I just do that, I haven't even joined yet!"
Mina's internal argument was interrupted by the guildmaster looking grim"um,g.. guildmaster are you ok?"she said nervously
"Well you did come bursting through my doors and shouted at me, normally I'd be mad but I guess I should've expected this from the children that plan to join,so I'll let it slide this time,now what might your name be"the guildmaster said in a stern tone."Mina,my name's Mina"she said carefully trying to not sound embarrassing or make a mistake"Mina,I would like to welcome you to the scrafty guild".
When Mina heard that her face lit up,she was finally a member of the guild"and Mina,here is your rescue kit and your explorer badge"he said handing a box to Mina,inside of it was an explorer bag,a few items and a badge, Mina smiled as she took the items and held her badge up,it gave off a shiny red gleam.Mina wanted to create a rescue team but she would have to find others to join it" um, guildmaster,I want to start a rescue team"she said"well of course Mina,but you'll have to find members who aren't on a team already to join you,but I'll register it,whats your team name"he asked her"Star,team Star"Mina said I'm a confident voice,Mina went off to search for teammates around the mission room after her team was registered

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"But... I-" James realized that everyone went back to their business. Oh well. I'll go then. Again, James was way too tired to think correctly, so he forgot he could just climb up the ladder and pretend this never happened. So then, he hopped off to the Guildmaster room. He didn't know what that was supposed to be, or what guilds or rescue teams even where, but he kept hopping a long anyways. He reached the door to the Guildmaster's room and proceeded to quietly open the door. "Uh... hello?" He noticed there were still Pokemon even in here. Oh come on.

Guildmaster Belt noticed the froakie enter the room and said to him"oh, another one so soon-"but cut himself off when he saw how exhausted the froakie looks"are you okay, I should take you to the medical room, what happened to you"he said to James worried

Last edited:

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(By the way, adding a space after every punctuation makes it look nicer. Also, it's Froakie, and not Frokie. :) )

"No, I'm fine, I'm... just tired, that's all." James responded, breathing heavily. "You don't need to take me to a 'medical room', I'm fine." James's frubbles deflated, as they were no longer needed. "Thanks for offering though. Also, uhh... who are you, and what is this?"

Belt was relieved he was okay, but was surprised he didn't know what a guild is"well this is my guild, a place where pokemon explore, rescue, and help prevent the corruption, or at least that's the gist of it anyway, now what brings a kid like you to my guild"Belt asked standing next to the torches that lit the room

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
Okay then. Well, if they want to stop the corruption, then I should help in some way. "Uhh... well... I..." James stuttered embarrassedly. "I kinda... tripped into this building." Oh god, I am probably in so much trouble right now... oh god... "I don't really have any reason to be here."

Devowa slithered around town looking for the guild. "I'm guessing it is at the end of town." Devowa said to herself. The entire reason she was here was to help stop the corruption. "Finally someone is willing to try to stop it, I was getting worried that no one would." She thought. After a long time and a lot of slithering, Devowa finally found the guild. "Well, here we go." She thought, as she pushed the doors open. As Devowa entered she was about to yell if anyone was home, but she already saw three people, one Devowa knew to be the guild master the other not so much. "Maybe new recruits." Devowa thought. "Hello there." She said to everyone.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James turned to see the Serperior, and felt kind of threatened by her size, but calmed down because she must just want to join this guild-thingy. "Uhh... hello?" James sat down. Oh god, I hope I'm not in trouble now, now more people will see me get punished...

Mina turned to see a serperior talking to her, she jumped when seeing the size comparison between her and Devowa, she regained herself and spoke
"H..hi Miss" she said nervously to the snake pokemon

"Oh you must be here for the guild"
Belt said to the serperior"I'll see you in my chamber if you would like to join the guild"belt said before returning to his chamber

Devowa looked down at the little Froakie and Mawile, she could barely see the Froakie over her massive stomach, and the Mawile was not much better. As she looked at them she quickly recognized their faces, most people make that face when they first see her, it always made her laugh. Devowa listened to Belt as he offered to see her in his chamber, Devowa just nodded as he walked away. Devowa looked back down over her belly at the Pokemon. "So I'm Devowa what are your names? Oh and don't worry i'm not going to eat you or something." Devowa said with a giggle, she found it is best just to break the ice with the whole giant thing and make a joke.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James nervously chuckled. "Heh. I'm James." James was actually starting to get bored. They were just sitting there, nothing happening. James wanted to leave very badly, but was forced to be here, so he decided he might as well deal with it. Oh well. He turned his mind to think about what was going to happen next...

"hehe,nice to meet you, I'm M..Mina"she answered,she sighed of relief when the serperior said she wouldn't eat them,Mina looked at the serperior again but wasn't afraid of it now that she knew she was nice"are you here to join the guild too?" She said trying to make conversation

Devowa smiled now knowing they where not afraid of her. "Yep, i'm looking for a why to help with the plague." Devowa answered Mina. "Speaking of that I better not keep the guild master waiting." She said and began to slither towards the door to his room. Devowa knocked on the door, just to be polite. "Can I come in?" She asked.

"yes you may"belt said as Devowa knocked on the door

"Hm, finding team members is allot more difficult than I thought"Mina said to herself"maybe if I can complete a mission solo someone will join me"Mina quickly ran to the mission boards for one she could do herself, after a while of searching she found a mission to try, it read:

"Hello, I'm a deerling and I need help, I was exploring a cave near my home,when I was trapped in by a rock slide, please help me explorer"

Mina grabbed the note and grinned as she ran climbed up the ladder and ran out of the guild, the cave was nearby so she wouldn't have to travel far,Mina grabbed a few items and began her walk to the cave

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James saw Mina run out, and didn't come back. Now what? "Uh.... now what?" James said out loud. "Like, what do we do now?" James hoped he didn't have to do anything hard or confusing. "We are just sitting here..." James was still tired. "uh..." James started to doze off, he wasn't quite sleeping yet, but daydreaming. He was really tired.

Ko walked up to the Guild. To head into the guild, he launched himself up one hand at the time. As he made his way inside the main area, the dragon type searched for the guild master. "Hey, Guild Master Belt? Came to join." He said in a loud, booming voice that echoed across the Guild. It came from talking over the loud wind in the mountains.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James would've completely fallen asleep if Ko didn't blast through the door. Ko blasting through the door startle James a lot. "Ah, god, don't do that!" James yelled at the Hakamo-o, before dozing off again, using his Frubbles as a pillow.

Devowa entered the room. "Hello sir, my name is Devowa and..." Right before Devowa could finish she heard a booming yell that came from outside, "I think you have another guest Master." Devowa said with a giggle. She opened the door to see who was there and found a little dragon.

Despite the loud boom the
hakamo-o made Belt didn't flinch,but instead smiled"it's transfer to see a hakamo-o around here you must've traveled from the mountain range, not that it matters,hold on a second"Belt said walking over to a chest and pulling out three smaller chests,he handed one to Ko, one to Devowa, and one to James"I still need to register you all as guild members with that aside welcome to the scrafty guild, if any of you would like to join or lead a team please let me know, and I need you all to return to my chamber tonight,now get to work"Belt said in a calm and prideful tone

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
"Uhh, okay thanks......" James said, half-awake. "I'll... I'll... get.......to.....work....." James collapsed. He was just too tired. As soon as he hit the floor, he fell asleep. Not really moving, or doing anything, except occasionally giggling at a dream he was having.

A lurantis and a simisear were working silently in the guild's kitchen. Until the simisear decided to broke it with a fake cough.

"*cough* *cough* Lara, should you be... you know, somewhere else?"

"Ehh? But didn't you asked for my help in the kitchen?"

"Well, yeah. But I'm only joking about that, really. I don't need an assistant that cut the cutting board all the time. Today you should register officially at the guild." Hearing this, Lara's eyes lit up.

"Ah, I forgot about the registration! Thank you..... I really want to repay the guild's kindness." After wandering for a long time in the wilderness, Lara eventually stumbled upon this place and she spent several days living in the nursery. Now that she had her health back, she really wanted to pay back their kindness. Besides, she had nowhere to go anyway. "I'm going now!!" She dashed off to the guild.

"Looks like she forgot my name again." The simisear let out some tsk tsk sound.

Lara entered Belt's chamber and saw a lot of pokemon had already came. She's late, eh.

"Hello everyone! Hello master Belt!"

"Thank you Belt." Devowa said as she took her stuff. "I am probable going to start my own team, if you don't mind?" Devowa said to the Guild master, then she looked over to meet the two new people. "Hi mine name is Devowa whats your's?" Devowa said hoping their not going to freak out about her size and weight.

"oh Lara,what brings you to my chamber" Belt said happily

Mina approached the cave she was looking for and it was definitely closed off by rocks"this will be easy, I'm a steel type,Iron head!"she grinned and slammed her gigantic maw into the rocks shattering them,she had to repeat this several times to clear the way, however, the cave was empty"the deerling must have went deeper into the cave,no problem"she said as she walked into the cave and out of sight. Unfortunately several dark figures began to follow her into the cave unnoticed

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
(No-one notices James pass out xD)

James kept sleeping. He didn't care that he was just sleeping in the middle of all of these people. He couldn't sleep well on the floor, and woke up, yet he was still groggy and very very tired. "Uhhh.... I...." James passed out again, still dangerously tired from all the hopping he did a while ago.

Devowa at first thought James was just taking a nap, "Maybe he ate a big meal or something, I usually like to take a nap after that." Devowa thought, but after all of this noise and the fact he is mumbling a lot she was getting worried. "Hey guys is James okay?" Devowa ask, trying to get everyone attention more than really asking.

"I'm Lara, everyone. Nice to meet you all!!" She introduced herself to everyone. "Master Belt. Please register me to the guild! I also gonna make my own team! And here," she pointed to the sleeping James, "is my first rescue mission. Don't worry Devowa, I'll rescue our comrade!"

She picked up the sleeping James and dashed off to the nursery. Not even waiting for Belt's reply.

"okay I'll have your badge tonight, your already registered since you've been staying here for a while" belt said as Lara took James to the nursery"please leave the room, I have to file your registrations"belt said to the new recruits

Mina traveled deeper into the cave until it opened up and became a small chasm,the deerling was covering behind a stalagmite" yes!, don't worry miss, i have came to rescue you"Mina said assuring but the deerling stepped back,the dark figures were behind Mina,they were corrupted nuzleaf"ah! Crap I didn't expect to see this,well I can take them...I hope" Mina said as she jumped at them and struck one with an iron head"ha! Take that!" She said when the corrupted nuzleaf turned to dust when defeated"waoh, that's what happens to them!"she said ignoring the other two nuzleaf,one of them shot a razor leaf at Mina"gah!!"she cried as the leaves cut up her arm,she crunched another nuzleaf with her maw,she was becoming weak from her wounds"I can't fight anymore, we have to run"Mina said in pain,she grabbed the deerling and ran next to him out of the cave,she had to keep running.
After what felt like an hour of running she made it back to the guild and passed out in front of the gate,the deerling ran to get help inside the guild...

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
James barely woke up again. He hadn't opened his eyes yet, but he felt as if he was being carried. Or falling. James opened his eyes, and to his surprise, he was being carried by a Lurantis, someone he hadn't met. He freaked out. He was too tired to yell, but he did squirm around and try to break free before passing out again.

Devowa was going to go with Lara to make sure James was alright, but then she saw a Deerling pull an passed out Mina. "People are dropping like flies here." Devowa thought to herself as she came over to help. "I'll take it from here dear." Devowa said as she used her massive tail to carry Mina with her to the nursery. "Looks like she was hit by many sharp cut." She thought as she examine Mina dangling in her tail.

Kit slowly walked to the guild hall while he held what appeared to be an oran berry of sorts with a slight layer of honey that he bought from the items shop. It was the best combination that he ever tasted in his life! But now, he needed to be serious. He quickly gulped the rest of the honey lathered berry and went inside the guild hall.

What he saw was what surprised him, yet at the same time didn't surprise him. There were many others like him that were apart of a team of some sort. Yet here he was...just someone that still had nobody to call a teammate yet. He saw a rather big Serperor carrying what appeared to be a passed out Mawile. Must be someone that attempted a mission that either ended horribly, or just barely escaped if I had to make a guess Kit thought. Honestly, he didn't know why, but he felt that the Mawile had something rather unique about her that set her apart from other Pokemon. Perhaps it was a hidden trait of leadership?

Whatever it was, Kit knew right away what team he wanted to be with. He followed behind the big Serperior and got out two more Oran berries.
"Give one of these to her when she wakes up, I'm certain that she'll be hungry afterwords, and you can have one yourself if you want, otherwise, give them both to her" Kit requested from the Serperior. He just hopes that she heard his request since he stayed behind after putting the berries near the Mawiles body.

Lara entered the guild's clinic and dropped James on one of the bed. A meowstic appeared,

"New recruit?" She asked.

"Yes, looks like he is just tired though."

"I see. Then please leave."

"Ehh? But I want to sleep here too." the Meowstic did a facepalm.

"If you have registered then you should have your own room already. Please sleep there, this clinic need calm atmosphere and I don't want your sleep terror disturb the patients here."

"Uh oh. Okay." Lara walked out of the clinic but she stopped because she saw Devowa carrying an unconscious Mawile.

"What happened?" She asked.

Last edited:
"Thanks." Devowa said surprised by the Beetle Pokemon sudden appearance, she entered the hospital and laid down Mina. "Medic?" Devowa said and then wait for her to come. She saw that James was being dropped off here as well. Devowa grabbed the honey berry and placed it next to Mina for when she wakes up, the other one she ate in one big chop, it was good tasting but Devowa was staving so it did not do much to sate her appetite.

"Allright, I got this." The meowstic appeared and started tending Mina's wounds.

Lara wanted to watch the process but she probably better going elsewhere than stay here and disturb the medic more. Who was her name again? Ah, she should paid more attention to people's name. She walked outside and sat beside a small lake behind the building, doing some synthesis to refresh herself.

FroakiesFrubbles

Previously pokeyman
After a bit of time, James woke up, and properly this time. He didn't get so much sleep, but it was enough for him to function correctly for a while. He noticed he was in a different place, again. Why does this keep happening. He sat up, and looked around. He noticed that his Frubbles haven't puffed up, which means he must've passed out. Agh, what happened. He scanned the room. Nearby, there was a Meowstic tending to Mina. Oh god, what happened to her. Forget about me. He kind of expected someone to come to him, but no-one did, so he got off the bed, and wandered around, trying to find his way.

Ko watched as the pokemon was taken away to be cared for. "Dang, what a start." He said to himself in his kind of whisper, a normal voice. He made a fist pump. "I'm in. What to do now?" Ko asked himself as he wandered the Guild.

Devowa left the room now that the two where safe. She looked over to see the girl named Lara was walking off. "She is quite the hyper one." Devowa said as she thought about the way Lara ran to help James, Devowa followed her to her synthesis spot. "Thanks for helping James back there." Devowa said hoping she was not interrupting.

Mina eventually woke up with a bandage around her arm and in the guild"huh, what happened"she asked in a tired tone"ah, your up, you were unconscious at the front of the guild then a serperior carried you in here"said the meowstic that ran the medical room"I remember now I was injured trying to rescue a deerling" Mina said shaking her head"the deerling took your reward to loppuny storage"the meowstic said happily"oh,well thanks for sending to me "Mina said before leaving the room to continue looking for teammates

"Never mind, never mind." She replied while keeping her gaze to the sun.

"These incident remind me of myself several days ago. When I came here and just collapsed in front of the door." After a brief pause she looked at Devowa, then back to the sun.

"You look healthy, you know? Being big and all that. People said I'm a walking stick when I first came here. I came here several days ago and just collapsed in front of the door. Wait, did I already told you that? Never mind then."