• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Life (Romance Allowed)

It's Pokemon Life just like human life. You are able to get a job, get married, go to parties, visit friends, go on date, battle each other, and etc. Just live life, a Pokemon Life!
The "Pokemon Life" RP takes place at a town. This town contains what a town would contain (and some other things): farms, PokeMart, Pokemon Center, office buildings (for jobs), restaurants, houses, school, a lake & beach, and etc. The town's name is Katylei (Town) (in the honor of the previous discussion thread owner.) and a half mile out from the town is a forest. At one side of a forest has an open path to the lake & beach where swimming is allowed.

Now let's get those bios out! You can remove the words in the parentheses when filling our your bio. No shinies.

Name:
Species:
Move set
(must follow Gen 7th move sets):
Level
(must be below 30):
Appearance & Accessories:
Crush
(You can say "N/A" if you want to first find out who your character likes):
Job
(can be unemployed):
Do you live in a house or apartment and do you share it with anyone?:
Any children, yet?:
Interested in a romantic relationship?:

Link to a roleplay you've been in:

Follow the official rules. The RP: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-life-romance-allowed.17049/

(ALL CREDITS GO TO @xXKayleiXx. I have tweaked & changed some things that @xXKayleiXx didn't do. But still, if it wasn't for @xXKayleiXx, this RP wouldn't be possible. I have made a new RP because the last RP died since the owner of that thread stopped being online. This is not my work, it's @xXKayleiXx)

Q&A:
Q: Can you adopt Pokemon?
A: Yes and the limit is 2.

Q: Do I have to make a bio for my Pokemon kids/child/children?
A: Nope. It would be better if not because we don't really need that info.

Q: Can you have kids/children?
A: Yes you can with your mate. Your "Pokemon babies" will start out in an egg and after 1 day (in the RP) it will hatch.

Q: Are fanmade Pokemon allowed?
A: Absolutely ye- no. Just no.

Q: Are we allowed to have shiny Pokemon kids?
A: No. We don't want few RPers to have a special snowflake.

Q: Can we use TMs?
A: Yes but you need to ask me whether privately or in the discussion if you can use a TM. You need to tell me what the TM is and why you want it to apply.

Q: Can we steal TMs?
A: Yep and you can make lots of money out of it if your character is a criminal (you need to sell it after stealing). Although you can't steal TMs from RPers without their perm.

Q: Can we be murderers?
A: Maybe... of course not.

Q: Does Pokemon level determine your characters age?
A: Not really. I ask this so movesets are followed correctly.

Q: Do we have to put an age in our Pokemon bio?
A: No.

Q: Can we feed our children rare candy to age up faster?
A: Yep, I am allowing this method so that couples won't be stuck will super young Pokemon. But before you feed them rare candy, you should tell me first before you do this so I know that your children have moved up an age. Age goes up by 1 per 1 rare candy.

Roleplayers' Bios (these bios may not be updated after posted here if the bio were edited):
@messenger RP Bio

Name: Minty
Species: Pansage
Moveset: Leer, Fury Swipes, Seed Bomb, Vine Whip
Level: 23
Appearance and Accessories: The greener parts of his body are lighter than his species' shiny variant and wears a red bandana over his mouth, sometimes carries a plain brown backpack for stolen items. Has a large burn mark on the right side of his head that he insists is a birthmark, hiding the rest of his burns under gray shorts and an ice-blue t-shirt.
Crush: To be updated
Job: Unemployed, known as a gang member to police and news reporters.
Living Accommodations: Unknown.

@ShiningLight RP Bio

Name: Link
Species: Malamar
Move set: Reflect, Psywave, Hypnosis, Peck
Appearance & Accessories: Doesn't have half closed eyes. his wavy "hair" doesn't stick up, instead, it lays at the back of his head, the beak is shaped to show a smile easily.
Personality: happy, gentle to kids, easily gets aggressive and uses his power reckless, very educated, gives stares to people which looks very creepy and aggressive, body started to glow lightly whenever is tempered or angry, faints when he becomes mad too many times or if he used a lot of his power in one day, he has reflective body which means any attack directly on his body may be reflected.
Crush: N/A
Job: Teacher
Do you live in a house or apartment and do you share it with anyone?: Lives in a house by himself.
Any children, yet?: None
Interested in a romantic relationship?: Yes but doesn't put all his focus into it.

@Fluffy Zorua 123 RP Bio

Name: Illusive
Species: Zoroark
Level: 30
Move set: fury swipes, nasty plot, night daze, fake tears
Appearance: He wears a set of fake ninetales tails. He has much thicker and softer fur then a normal Zoroark.
Personality: He is very timid most of the time. He however is very gentle and caring towards children. He would also open up to someone his children liked. He like his children has a love for warm soft things. So a fluffy fire type would be a preference for a romantic partner.
Crush: NA
Job: He owns a small costume shop that is open year round.
Do you live in a house or apartment and do you share it with anyone?: He lives in an apartment.
Any children, yet?: His two adopted children

Children:

Name: Anna
Species: fennekin
Level: 9
Move set: ember
Appearance: She loves to wear costumes to make him look like different Pokemon. When she isn't wearing a costume she wears a jade masquerade mask. She sometimes wears a spring deerling costume. When she wears that costume she wears a necklace with a emerald deerling carving in the center of it.
Personality: She loves wearing costumes. She is very playful. She also loves warm and soft things. However she has a problem with holding grudges.

Name: Khione
Species: Alohan vulpix
Move set: powder snow
Appearance: She wears a never melt ice crown.
Personality: She often calls others her servants. She expects to be treated like a princess and might get upset if someone doesn't treat her with the respect she thinks she deserves. However when someone is soft enough they get treated as an equal. She will just hug soft Pokemon and won't let go. She will only obey Illusive and not any other adult.

@-- RP Bio
?

@-- RP Bio
?

@-- RP Bio
?

Last edited:
Name: Minty
Species: Pansage
Moveset: Leer, Fury Swipes, Seed Bomb, Vine Whip
Appearance and Accessories: The greener parts of his body are lighter than his species' shiny variant and wears a red bandana over his mouth, sometimes carries a plain brown backpack for stolen items. Has a large burn mark on the right side of his head, hiding the rest of his burns under gray shorts and an ice-blue t-shirt.
Personality: Usually secretive and defensive, especially about his burn marks, but loyal to the point of being naive towards pokemon with friendly intent. Does whatever he can to preserve relationships with allies, partly as a way for others to help him, but also an instinctive habit.
Crush: To be updated
Job: Unemployed, known as a gang member to police and news reporters.
Living Accommodations: Unknown for now.
Link to previous RP: found below

I have a question; do TMs exist in this world? Also, since my character is part of a gang, I'd like to have control over the members (unless another RPer decides for some reason they want to be part of my character's gang).

Last edited:
I have a question; do TMs exist in this world? Also, since my character is part of a gang, I'd like to have control over the members (unless another RPer decides for some reason they want to be part of my character's gang).
I'll answer your question in the first post in a minute. You are fine with linking an RP. I'll decide soon if you're accepted.

Last edited:
( can my Pokemon own two adopted children)
Yes, you can have 2 adopted Pokemon. You are able to control those 2 adopted Pokemon since they are you characters but you don't need a bio for your childen. Also, you don't need to write your message in parentheses () because this is a discussion thread. So, this is not the actually RP, just a behind-the-scenes and sign-up thread.

Give me as many questions you have in your head. I'll be happy to answer them.

Hm... what about Pokémon with different types than most of their species? Like a psychic Shinx, or a ghost Sandile? I'm asking on behalf of people with way too many adoptables on their hands.

Okay. Um, hold on, here's the link to a previous RP. What if somebody wanted to use a fanmade pokemon, or a pokemon with a different type than most? Would you allow that?

Ah, no. I meant something more like "could I have a Sandile that is ghost type and has a reasonable moveset with that in mind, despite Sandile commonly being a ground type, if there is a good reason for this?" Just as an example.

Name: Illusive
Species: Zoroark
Level: 30
Move set: fury swipes, nasty plot, night daze, fake tears
Appearance: He wears a set of fake ninetales tails. He has much thicker and softer fur then a normal Zoroark.
Personally: He is very timid most of the time. He however is very gentle and caring towards children. He would also open up to someone his children liked. He like his children has a love for warm soft things. So a fluffy fire type would be a preference for a romantic partner.
Crush: NA
Job: He owns a small costume shop that is open year round.
He lives in an apartment.
His two adopted children
Name: Anna
Species: fennekin
Move set: ember
Appearance: She loves to wear costumes to make him look like different Pokemon. When she isn't wearing a costume she wears a jade masquerade mask. She sometimes wears a spring deerling costume. When she wears that costume she wears a necklace with a emerald deerling carving in the center of it.
Personality: She loves wearing costumes. She is very playful. She also loves warm and soft things. However she has a problem with holding grudges.
Name: Khione
Species: Alohan vulpix
Move set: powder snow
Appearance: She wears a never melt ice crown.
Personality: She often calls others her servants. She expects to be treated like a princess and might get upset if someone doesn't treat her with the respect she thinks she deserves. However when someone is soft enough they get treated as an equal. She will just hug soft Pokemon and won't let go. She will only obey Illusive and not any other adult.

Last edited:
Also, you cannot have a Zoroark since in under leveled. You can fix this if you want to. Once fixed or if you decide to go down an evolution, then will I start going through your bio.

Last edited:
Alright, I'll go over your bio again. Just when we start the RP, reread your post for any mistakes. This will help other RPers understand what your post is trying to say.

Possibly. I didn't plan on doing one earlier, but now I guess I could if Zorua is agreeable. And Assassin, your character is in a different egg group than everyone else.

Ok then, let me try to rephrase the question for @messenger. Does your character want to thrive in a romantic relationship? Does he try to find love? Is he in the between? This will help other RPers decide if they want their character to fall in love with you.

Illusive would love to be in a relationship, but the Pokemon would have to be a good mother for his kids. Where as some people have to get parental approval he needs his kids to approve. His kids love soft and fluffy things, so the Pokemon would have to have fur.

Oh geez, I have not been paying attention these last couple hours. Forgive me for that. Anyway, it doesn't look like any of our characters are going to be doing that (at least during the beginning), since when we start Minty's priority will be making sure him and his allies have enough food to eat, a comfortable place to sleep, et cetera. We'll just let plot happen and see where it goes from there.

Hey, wait a second. Something's wrong with this picture; where is ShiningLight's character?! Have I lost my sense of sight?!

@messenger
The reason why I am asking this question is that to help other RPers to decide whether they will fall in love with your character. I don't want to be pushy but I need this info to add on to your bios. 3 choices. So, let me ask the question again: is your character your character interested in a romantic relationship? You should be able to have a feeling how your character feels. You should have a mindset of what your character like. Is your character the one to find love? The choices: Yes, No, Maybe. Does Minty seem the Pokemon to focus on getting a relationship? Minty is pretty much a criminal and so, would this criminal put time into a relationship since he always being tracked? And yes, I really do need this information. Put as much thought as you want into your choice. I'll repeat it again, I don't want to be pushy but if you understand, thank you.

Oh my! I forgot a big part of the bio. I must ask all you guys again.

What are your character's personalities? I don't care if it's a list or a paragraph but don't go full on the personality. Also, if you can, please update your post that had your bio on it and add: "Personality:" and then you're responding to the question. This is needed before joining the RP. Thank you and sorry for any inconvenience as this was my fault and mistake.

Hey, wait a second. Something's wrong with this picture; where is ShiningLight's character?! Have I lost my sense of sight?!
Nope. I am still deciding! :?

I already answered that above. I said he was interested, but his children would need to approve of the partner. Also they have to be warm and soft, so a furry fire type would be preferred.