• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon Hoenn Junior High

"Oh." Alvero said, with an intrigued tone. He looked over at the blonde girl, who had a Mudkip and some sort of cat-like Pokemon. "A Mudkip, and... Do you know what Pokemon that cat-looking one is?" He asked Dan.

"Oh, that's Litten. It was my first Pokemon. Hala, back in Alola, gave it to me." She said, smiling. "Mudkip was given to me by Principal Birch as a gift for saving his Poochyena from a group called Team Volcano." He said, frowning.
((This story takes place after the events of ORAS.))

"A Litten," Andrew said slowly, making sure to memorize the name and appearance of the Pokemon, "I'm judging from its appearance that it's a Fire type Pokemon?"
(I know. It's just Alvero and Andrew aren't familiar with the Alola region.)

"Yep." She Said, smiling. "It evolves into Incineroar, a Fire and Dark type." She said. Then, she finished her drawing. It was a well drawn picture of a Mudkip. "Hehehe. It's good!" She said, smiling. Mudkip looked at it. It smiled, and squealed.

Dan kept her distance and observed the people. Good at art, huh. She thought to herself. Drake walked forward and started strutting. "Drake!" Dan called, annoyed that he did that again. "What did I say about doing that?"

"Not professional? That's a spitting image of your Mudkip! It's a... It's a..." Andrew said. He began rubbing his chin as he tried to think of a word to describe the sketch.
"Portrait?" Alvero said.
"Yeah! A portait!"

"Ehehe." She said quietly, blushing a lot. "I only started drawing in Kindergarten. It's really not that great." She said. Litten and Mudkip patted her in the back. She was really unsure about herself when she was drawing and showing them to people. She was smiling a bit, but otherwise she was completely embarrassed.

"Okay everyone, settle down. Those of you not in your seats, go there immediately." Said the teacher, a man with a big brown sweatshirt, tan pants, and a big white beard. "Just kidding! Sit on the beanbags!" He siad, as the desks retracted and left Jane on the ground. Then, beanbags appeared from the ground. "I am Mr.Wattson! I'm the leader of the Mauville gym, Just north of here." He said, laughing. Jane dropped out if the conversation and fled to a blue beanbag on the left side of the room.

The sudden retraction of the seats caused Alvero to fall on his butt too, but he was soon elevated by the sudden rising of the bean bag chair under him. He placed his hand on his chest, breathing fast as a result of being frightened by the drop. Andrew placed his hands on Alvero's shoulders and started shaking him rapidly. "We have a Gym Leader for our teacher! Isn't this so cool, Alvero?" Andrew said with a huge grin on his face.
"What exactly is a 'Gym Leader?'" Alvero asked in a low tone.

"Well, gym leaders are a challenge. In order to enter the Hoenn Leauge, you need to collect our prizes, gym badges, from all 8 of us." He said, smiling. "Well, this is Pokemon categories! Do you know what those are?" He asked. Jane shrugged.

Dan lifted her hand up. "Typings, right?" She said. They were one of the main categories of pokemon. "That's why each gym leader uses one typing. Your electric." She put her hand down and sat in a bean bag next to Drake.

"Pokemon Categories?" Andrew said, squinting his eyes. "Do you have any idea of what Pokemon Categories are, Alvero?"
"Not really." Alvero said in a low tone once again.

Aqua looked very confused. The idea of a "gym leader" was a completely foreign concept to her. She wanted to ask what a gym leader was, but that was probably a dumb question. She was more apparent than ever of how flat the ground felt beneath her, how unmoving and rigid it was, and once again longed to go home. But she raised her hand and tentatively asked "Are Pokémon categories the science of classifying Pokémon?"

"Well, yes. In fact, we have Typings, evolution lines, and most importantly:classifications." He siad, laughing. "For example. Venasaur: The Seed Pokemon." He said. "Now, we learn to classify them by everything from Dex Color to Type." He siad. Jane nodded. "Ohhhh." He siad. Her Pokemon listened well.

Connor was riding on his Rhyhorn, who was charging towards the school. "Dammit why am I always late?" he asked himself as Rhyhorn suddenly stopped, sending Connor flying towards the gates and crashing into the guards, making a lot of noise. "Ow...that hurt. Sorry guys.." he said while rubbing his head. He presented his ID, returned his Rhyhorn and headed for class. Once he got to class, he noticed that class had, naturally, started. "Sorry I'm late" he said as he took a seat in the back of the class.

"Oh. I could do that in my sleep!" Andrew said, leaning back into his bean bag.
"Don't say that, Andrew. You didn't know what a Litten was until today." Alvero said.
"Yeah. I guess you may be right."

"Anyway, take these textbooks." He said, as textbooks popped out of the ground in front of everyone. "Go to pages 21-33: Abilities. The first one to raise their hand will tell all Pokemon that have Levitate as one of their regular abilities, but not as a hidden one." He said. Jane scrolled through the book.

Dan sighed at the question. An easy one. Raising her hand, "Rotom. Rotom has Levitate." Drake gave her a thumbs up with the answer. "Is this class suppoed to be easy?"

"That's one Pokemon. Others include Gastly." He said. "And, it will get harder as we start going into the 2nd marking period, without any textbook advice." He said, smiling. Jane looked up from her book, secretly drawing a picture of a Gastly.

"Good work. You are correct. Oh, look at the time. It's time for your dismissal. I'll see you tomorrow." He said, waving goodbye. Jane walked out, and sat on a bench outside the next class which was in the south wing of the school. She doodled a Litten, which her own Litten modeled.

Alvero and Andrew left the classroom and began heading towards the next class too. "Oh! A Pokemon Breeding class!" Alvero said with a burst of energy as he held his schedule close to his chest.
"Aw man. It's probably going to be all about how to doll up your Pokemon and making them soft. Let me see the schedule." Andrew said as he took it. He stopped walking for a second and Alvero looked back at him.
"Andrew? What's wrong?"
"There's a Pokemon battling class after lunch! Now I'll be able to show this school why they made an excellent choice picking a Pokemon battling prodigy like me!"

"Well, you're quite wrong." Said a younger looking girl in the classroom. "Pokemon Breeding has many factors to including the most famous, Raising Eggs." She said. "My name is Mrs.May." She said, smiling. That's a REALLY young teacher.

Dan raised a hand in question. "Breeding? Sounds easy." Drake smiled. Another easy class, granted every class was easy for Dan. "Mrs. May? Are we going to be handling real eggs?"

"Yes. In fact, you're getting a Pokemon egg today." She said, smiling. "Okay, so here's how it is." She said. "We have enough eggs for all of you. We have the Dark Blue egg, the Orange and Black egg, the Green, blue, and red egg, the Silver Egg, the Pink and purple speckled egg, and the Brown Egg. We have multiple of each, so pick the one you'd like." She said. Jane picked the dark blue one, because she thought it would be cool.

Aqua tensed up. She didn't even know Pokémon came from eggs - none had ever washed up that she'd seen. She was nervous about this, but it shouldn't be too far off taking care of an actual Pokémon, right? She picked the deep blue egg. It reminded her of the Sea.

"That Silver egg looks nice so I guess I'll take that one." Alvero said, picking the Silver Egg. He looked over at Andrew to see which egg he would pick.
"I can't make up my mind between the black egg and the red egg. I guess since my shirt is mostly black, I'll take the black one!" Andrew said, taking the black one.
"I wonder what Pokemon will hatch from them."
"Mine will probably be something cool like a ghost or dark type Pokemon! It might even be a legendary like Darkrai!"

Connor looked at the eggs curiously. He had learned a lot about them but never actually saw one. After a lot of thinking, he decided to take the orange and black egg. "Hmm I wonder if this will hatch into a fire type?" He asked himself as he examined the egg.

Dan waved her hand and Drake walked up to the eggs. He picked the mainly brown one, due to it's basicity. The dragon walked back to Dan and handed it to her. "Thank you Drake." She said to her pokemon.

"Okay. Now, we'll take these egg cases." May said, passing out them. They had a small lamp, a cushion and protective glass. "Cool." Jane said, putting her Drak Blue egg into it. You could see Pokeballs stacked up and commemorative photos on walls. Most of the pictures had photos of Pokemon like Altaria, Blaziken, and Glaceon.

Alph wandered the corridors of the school trying to find the classroom he was supposed to be in. After a few minutes he found it. He knocked on the door before entering
"Sorry im late miss. Our tauros got startled and began charging all over the place" Alph said as he glanced around the room.

After Connor put his egg in a case, he put it down to admire it. He kept wondering what Pokemon will emerge from the egg. Will it be powerful? Will it be a new Pokemon he hasn't met before? These questions and more filled his head as he looked at his egg, almost like he was in a trance. He soon fell asleep, dreaming about the egg hatching and him winning every battle he and the Pokemon came across. "Thank you....Thank you......No autographs...." he mumbled in his sleep.

"OH, it's fine. It often happens on the first day of school!" She said, laughing a bit. Then, she saw that Connor was sleeping and having a strange dream. "Connor, I know I'm a nice teacher, but I still want you to stay awake!" She said, smiling and rolling her eyes. Jane giggled. "What a goof." She said, still giggling.

Alvero and Andrew put their eggs inside of their egg cases. "I bet Alvero's Pokemon will be a Steel type; I bet mine will be a Dark or Ghost type; I bet Dan's will be a Rock type; I bet Jane's will be a Water type!" Andrew said with a big grin.
"You changed your mind about this class being boring?" Alvero asked his friend.
"It might not be as boring as I thought. Especially since mine is going to be something cool! Probably a Legendary Pokemon!"
"The chances of this school obtaining a Legendary Pokemon egg is pretty low, Andrew."
"Well even if my Pokemon isn't a Legendary. I'm a Pokemon battling prodigy so mine will be just as strong as any Legendary Pokemon! What do you think guys?"

Alvero smiled at his friend, admiring his confidence, wishing his was as high as his.

Dan kinda crooked a grin in Andrew's direction. "A rock type? You entirely sure?" She asked as a kind of joke. She looked up at the clock. "I like eggs as much as the next person, but who knows when this class is over?" She asked her classmates and teacher.

"I mean the color is brown like the Earth so it could be a Ground type for all I know." Andrew said, eyeing her egg. He looked over at Alvero.
"Oh! According to the schedule," Alvero said, uncomfortably putting his egg case in one arm and reaching into his pocket for his schedule with the other, "This class ends at 1:55! Next class is Homeroom!"

Connor woke up from hearing the teacher call his name. "Oh....sorry teach. I didn't mean to doze off." he said while yawning and scratching his head. Just then, Connor's stomach started growling. "Aw man, when's lunch? I'm starving!" he whined while holding his stomach. "Man, that egg is starting to look tasty." he said as he hungrily eyed the egg in his case.