• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Explorers of Darkness: A New Adventure

Sora noticed Aurax near them and had asked them what they were doing at the pond at this time of night, Harmony had told him that she couldn't get back to sleep so she came here and started chatting with a friend.

"The reason why I'm here is because I woke up from a dream and I couldn't get back to sleep so I went out for a walk to see if I could understand it better. Then while I was trying to think of what my dream meant I got the feeling that someone was starting at me but when I turned around no one was there." Sora told Aurax, "I still felt like I was being watched so I decided to come here to get away from that feeling." the Eevee added.

"A dream?" Aurax asked curiously. He remembered odd dreams that Spencer had, possibly the same ones the Eevee has had. Nevertheless, there was no way to be sure just yet. He would want to try to get some of the dream contents without getting her to spill too much out so soon. "What happened in the dream might I ask?"

(I need to find more ways to expand my text)

"There wasn't much in my dream, all I could see in my dream was a faint figure saying something to me but I couldn't completely make it out because the voice was fading fast." Sora told Aurax, wondering why he was wanting to know what happened in her dream.

Harmony sighed and heaved herself up. Suddenly, she head a rustle in the bushes. She padded over and saw a mismagius. "Maggie?" Harmony asked, peering that the witch-like pokemon.

Maggie whipped around, and then blushed when she saw it was just Harmony. "Hey, Harmony. I was just out for a stroll and..."

"Seems like alot of us can't sleep." Harmony said, raising an eyebrow.

Maggie sighed. "Okay, okay. I was watching this Sora kid. I don't trust her. I haven't seen many Eevees around here, and all of an Eevee I ever see is one wanting to join your group. And she just seems.. Diffrent. Like she was a human in some past life."

Harmony winced. "Maggie, you know that's over. There aren't going to be anymore human/pokemon. It's just... impossible. I've met wierder pokemon."

Maggie nodded. "I'll stop following her. See you later. We're doing lunch on Sunday, right?"

Harmony nodded. "Yup." The Espeon yawned and went back to the base, where Curious was snoring away. She smiled, shook her head, and layed down. She fell asleep in a matter of seconds.

Sora overheard Harmony talking to a Mismagius named Maggie and overheard that Maggie was watching her because she didn't trust Sora, Sora knew something was wrong when she heard Maggie telling Harmony that she may have been a human in a past life. Sora wanted to tell the Mismagius that she is a human but she was afraid that Maggie would freak out and go around telling everyone, since something of the same nature had happened once before. The Eevee wanted to know what was impossible about the human/pokemon thing and figured that maybe Maggie or even Aurax would know about it so she decided to think of a way to bring up the subject and then ask the proper question.

'Since Aurax seems like he knows a lot in the town I'll ask him about what Maggie and Harmony were talking about, I hope he doesn't flip out on me for asking such a thing. Here I go.' Sora was thinking and had prepared her question for Aurax.

"Aurax, I was just curious about something, I overheard Harmony and Maggie talking something about a human turning into a pokemon. Tell me is that really possible, can a human really turn into a pokemon? If so what happened because it seems that those two know that something happened." Sora asked, wanting to know what Aurax's reaction would be and how he would respond.

(gather round kiddies! it's story time!)

Aurax saw Harmony go into the bushes. He then used his aura to see what the commotion was about, he saw Harmony communicating to Maggie the Mismagius. He normally wouldn't be able to hear this, but the close range allowed him to hear whether he was watching them or not. Eventually, the two went off away from the pond Aurax was sitting by.

"Aurax, I was just curious about something, I overheard Harmony and Maggie talking something about a human turning into a pokémon. Tell me is that possible, can a human really turn into a pokémon? If so what happened because it seems that those two know that something happened?" the Eevee said, snapping Aurax back to his surroundings. Aurax paused for a moment; an expressionless look took over his face. Then it was replaced by a feeling of tranquility,

"Metamorphism is the term of something transforming into something else. It is what Ditto is famous for doing. There are stories of it happening under other circumstances. But none for humans to pokémon… except one." Aurax explained, and then paused, "This was a story Whiscash used to tell to pokémon all the time, but he stopped since the continent shift fifty years ago. It was called the 'nine tails of Ninetails'. Care to hear it?" Aurax asked. He knew he might be making a mistake, but he knew a way to relieve any stress that might affect the Eevee; and that was to tell her the expanded story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing what Aurax had to say and the story he was going to tell about the 'nine tails of Ninetails', she would be glad to hear it.

"I would love to hear it, could you please tell

"It went something like this," Aurax started then told the story

"There once was a Ninetails that had each of her tails blessed by an unknown power. These tails were blessed with the nine elements that make up an individual. Courage... Power... Fear... Rage... Envy... Friendship... Love... Wishes... and Hope. Each of these tails was coated in a cursed fur that brought darkness upon the world through the eyes of the person that touches it. They say that one was foolish enough to touch one of these tails, and that individual was a human. However, the human was shielded from the curse by a friend of his; a Gardevoir. That Gardevoir was forever cursed and became almost nothing. Ninetails pitied the Gardevoir and asked the human if that human wanted to save Gardevoir. The human, however, was long gone into the winds. Ninetails was disappointed with this human and made a prediction. That the human shall one day wake up as a pokémon. Moreover, the balance of the world will shift out of place. Thus causing disasters to become more and more frequent, up until the point when the world shifts in a last-ditch effort to try and rebalance the scale."

"That's how the story goes; most believe that it was a folklore story, passed on from generation to generation. That is up until the point almost immediately before the continent shift fifty years ago. That is a slightly different story; do you want to hear that one tonight as well? Or do you have any questions about the first one?" Aurax concluded, knowing that if his theory were correct, the Eevee would be a little alarmed at this point, and would need some comfort to prevent anything dangerous from occuring.

After hearing the story Aurax told Sora was scared to death having tons of thought flooding her head, but the thought that always came to her was 'what if I really am the human in the story' then following that thought was 'If I am then I'm that horrible person for abondoning Gardevoir'. Aside from the flooding thoughts Sora was shaking uncontrollably obviously showing her fear of the 'tail of the Ninetails' story, she then tried to get the thoughts out of her head but it was no use because when her thoughts got back on the story Sora would just go back to thinking of those thoughts. Then Sora just remembered that there was another story the Lucario had mentioned, Sora tried to convince herself to say that she wanted to hear the other story but she had the most powerful urge to ask questions about the first story.

"I would like to hear the other story but first I would like to ask questions about the 'tale of Ninetails', who was the human that was transformed into a pokemon the first time? And another thing I want to know is that once the human is transformed into a pokemon can they ever turn back to the way they were or do they remain a pokemon forever?" Sora fearfully asked, hoping that Aurax would give her the answer she wants but wanted him to be truthful when giving her the answers.

"Well, to answer your second question, I don't really know the answer. However, it is likely that the same force that transformed a human into a pokémon should have the power to reverse the effects as well. Although there might be other ways hidden across the lands." Aurax explained. "And to answer the first, I don't know for sure. But the next story is about a human from fifty years ago, almost an instant before the continent shift." Aurax paused before starting the story… his story…

When Aurax was a Riolu, he was always full of himself and enjoyed taunting others. This however, led to him being chased into the forests by those that he annoyed. In that forest, Aurax ran into an unconscious Ralts that awakened as he arrived. The Ralts behaved rather oddly to Aurax and confused him to no end, up until the revealing that he was a human. Aurax explained that the Ralts was, well, a Ralts. As the elf-pokémon realized the truth. A certain Kangaskhan stomped in crying for help with saving her child. The Ralts acted quickly and tried to run, well shuffle, to the rescue. Aurax helped this Ralts and ventured through a fissure filled with berserk pokémon to save the child. After the success, Aurax learnt that the Ralts was called Spencer and that there have been numerous disasters happening over the last few days. Spencer wanted to form a rescue team with Aurax due to this, and Aurax agreed to. Thus, Team Aura was formed and some time later, it became one of the most famous teams around. Others later joined team Aura, including a Treeko, a Magnemite, and a Squirtle. However, a certain team grew jealous of Team Aura. Moreover, by chance, their leader found out about Spencer's secret. And by connecting it to the 'tails of ninetails' legend, he spread rumors that eventually, led to an ultimatum. One that got Team Aura driven out of town and forced on a perilous journey across the continent. They traveled with a mob pursuing, through mountains, plains, desert, and jungle. Up until a gigantic mountain loomed above them. This frozen mountain was to be the last hurdle before they would be safe. Most of the team was split up however and only Spencer was successful in getting through the endless blizzard. He, however, was never seen again. The continent shift occurred several days later and thus brought our current world to be.

"And that's the story. Did you find it interesting?" Aurax concluded, "Also, I don't think I got your name, did I?"

"That story was very interesting, I really liked it," Sora told Aurax then added, "No I don't think you got my name, my name is Sora." Sora finally introduced herself to the Lucario.

After Sora introduced herself to Aurax, she started to think about what Aurax had told her about the pokemon who was originally a human, Sora tried her best to remember something about herself being human but no luck. Sora tried to understand the one important thing to her which was that she was a pokemon now and there's nothing she could do about it for now. Then all of a sudden a thought struck Sora.

'Ninetails! If I am the unfortunate human in that tale then I could go find Ninetails and ask her how I can change back to a human, why on earth didn't I think of this before!' Sora thought, but then realized that she didn't know where Ninetails lived or how to get to her.

"Umm Aurax, I was wondering say someone was wanting to see Ninetails from the story but didn't know how to find her, where could this pokemon start looking?" Sora asked, eagerly wanting to know how to find Ninetails.

"I really don't know much about Ninetails herself" Aurax answered, "But some explorers claim to have seen her on missions all across the continent over centuries. I would say that she moves occasionally to keep herself solitary. However, these sightings used to happen at least once every three years. Now they just don't happen anymore. Some have questioned the power within Ninetails. Does it really make her immortal? And are there other beings like her?" Aurax explained, "If she walks to this very day, she would probably be waiting in one of the toughest places, the desert lands to the north or the mountains across the seas to the west." Aurax then looked up at the sky; it was probably three hours before daylight, time for him to rest before he returns to training Tails and Chimmy. "Well, it was good to see you Sora, but I have to catch up on some rest. I hope you excel in rescuing with Eli" Aurax said, he stood up and began to walk back to his academy base.

"Thank you Aurax and good luck training Chimmy and Tails!" Sora said to Aurax seeing him leaving to go back to the training base.

Sora for some reason stayed at the pond thinking of any possible placed Ninetails would be but all she could think of was in desert lands where it would be nice and hot for fire types, since that was all Sora could think of she saw that the sun was about to rise and decided to go back to the base before Eli woke up. As the Eevee was heading back to the base she noticed the mail Pelipper flying over her and going to the base she and Eli are staying in, by the time Sora got back to the base the Pelipper had dropped off mail for them and flew off into the morning sun. Hearing nothing stir in the base Sora assumed that Eli was still asleep, when Sora was going to check the mail she seen a pokemon get to the mail box before her and start checking the mail.

"Hey!! That's mine and Eli's mail, get your own!" Sora yelled as she used tackle attack against the pokemon who happened to be Marcus of Team Darkness.

"Watch it you nuisence, I was just seeing what kind of jobs my brother is getting. Besides what are you doing up this early in the morning?" Marcus asked, not bothering to look at Sora, still going through the mail.

"I couldn't sleep so I went out for a walk, but what are you doing up this early?" Sora asked Eli's older brother, and saw the Banette slip a few envelopes in the pile while taking out the same amount that he put in.

"I was just wanting to check on the progress of Team Shadow, I kind of heard that you two have completed a mission in Drenched Bluff." Marcus told Sora, now looking at her and thought something was amiss. "Hey, why aren't you in any of the Eevee evolution forms, the reason why I'm asking is because most Eevee I've seen had already evolved and joined Team Eclipse."

"I don't know I just woke up here as an Eevee, and when one of the members of Team Eclipse asked me if I wanted to evolve into a Glaceon, I told them that it would be too early for me to evolve and Eli all of a sudden gotten mad and told them that I couldn't be apart of their team." Sora said to the Banette who looked pretty intersested.

"I'm guessing why Eli got mad is because if you had joined Team Eclipse, Eli's chance of showing me up would be shattered and be forced to find another pokemon to form a rescue team with." Marcus said to the Eevee, putting the mail back in the box. "You should head inside before Eli wakes up, around this time he gets up to check the mail for anything interesting."

Sora nodded in agreement with Marcus and ran inside, hopping on her bed pretending to get some sleep until Eli came down telling Sora to get up, Sora had told Eli to just go check the mail and tell her if anything interesting had came in. Doing exactly what Sora told him to do Eli zoomed out of the base and right back in exclaiming that they got excellent jobs to do and somehow the wanted notice for the capture of Skorupi that Sora had ended up in the pile.

"This seems like our lucky day, some of these missions are advanced for our rank!" Eli exclaimed once more, not knowing Sora was only half awake.

"ohh...yeah...we're lucky." was all Sora could say before she fell back to sleep.

"Sora!!! How long did you stay up?!" Eli asked, not knowing that Sora was awake for almost half the night.

"I don't know I think I stayed up until the sun rose." Sora said in her sleep.

Eli fell to the ground not believing that his partner had stayed up all night for an unknown reason, the Shuppet left the base to get some extra supplies for their second or third mission for the day.

Curious woke up at sunrise, and snorted as he looked over at Harmony. She was still asleep. Well, she was going to get her wish.

Curious sprinted towards the Friend area and found Surf sunbathing near the lake. He walked over. "Hey, Surf... I'd like a favor..."

A little while later...

"Ready, Go!" Was all Harmony heard before she was hit with a powerful spray of water and knocked off her bed. "Gurgle... CURIOUS!" She exclaimed, tackling the umbreon.

"You told me to get Surf to wake you up." He smiled, sending a small dark pulse at Harmony, wich she dodged.

"I didn't mean it literally!" Harmony said, flopping back onto her bed with an audiable squish.

Surf giggled and headed back to the friend area, trying to catch her breath.

While Eli left the base to get supplies he almost flew past Kangaskan's Storage and began to think about that Icy Rock he and Sora recieved from the Marill, as he thought about that Eli asked Kangaskan for the Icy Rock. Once the rock was handed to him Eli unwrapped it from the bandana and started to go towards Team Eclipse's base, obviously he was planning to get rid of the rock so that Sora wouldn't evolve into a Glaceon and join Team Eclipse. As soon he was at their team base he wrote a note placed it on the Icy Rock and left it infront of the mailbox of the team base and left without alerting the members about his arrival or desent. Right after he dropped off the rock he quickly headed into the town square to pick up more items before Sora woke up from her nap but unknown to him Sora had already woken up and was looking around the square.

'Hmm, I wonder where Eli went to? I wish he could've told me before he left but I guess he was just wanting to leave my sleep undisturbed. Sora was thinking as she looked all around her.

While Sora was walking through the square she began thinking about the stories Aurax had told her last night, she was more interested in the 'tale of Ninetails' than the second story, but the unfortunate thought that came to her was that she feared she was the human that abandoned Gardevoir. Sora then shook her head vigoously back and forth as if to get that thought out of her head and began thinking positive thought. Remembering that she and Eli have good missions to go on they'd have to get ready for them so she tried to look for Eli in the square but couldn't find him anywhere and continued to walk further into the town and eventually gotten lost.

Maggie was at the Kecleon brother's shop buying some berries for lunch when she saw Sora walk by. Maggie could tell that Sora had no idea whatsoever where she was going, so Maggie floated behind her and eventually caught up.

"Hi, Sora. I'm Maggie. I'm friends with Harmony. Do you need some help getting around?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

Meanwhile, Harmony and Curious were looking at the job board. "Look at this!" Harmony said, taking down a letter. "There's an Eevee in trouble! Let's go!"

Curious nodded. "Maybe now Eli can keep Sora."

Sora looked at Maggie with almost tear-filled eyes and nodded "yes" to answer Maggie's question, Sora was thankful that Maggie had found her and asked if she needed help getting around because she was way beyond lost.

"Thank you helping me out Maggie, I really appreciate it!" Sora happily exclaimed, wiping the tears from her face.

Meanwhile Eli was looking for Sora but he knew that the town square wasn't that all big so he thought that finding a Eevee wouldn't be too hard but it ended up being difficult when he accidentally kept going in circles. At one point he was going to give up until he took a glance over at the Kecleon Brother's market and saw Sora with a Mismagius he wasn't familiar with.

"Sora!!! Thank goodness I found you, how long have you been here?" Eli asked Sora.

"For quite some time but thank Maggie, she noticed that I didn't know where I was going and stopped me before I became more lost than I already was." Sora replied to Eli.

"Thanks for noticing Sora Maggie, she's new and doesn't know her way around here so it would be no surprise that she would get lost in such a small town." Eli told Maggie.

"Eli!! I can't help it that I got lost, if you knew that I didn't know my way then you should've taken some time to show me around the place." Sora huffed in annoyance.

After Eli and Sora gotten over their arguement, Eli told Sora that they should get started on their mission to arrest an outlaw, Sora agree with Eli and left Maggie after exchanging their farewells.

"So Eli where is out mission taking place and who's the outlaw?" Sora asked.

"The place is at Mt. Bristle and the outlaw is Skorupi," Eli said to Sora while holding out the notice that Sora had kept for a few days.

"Alright then, let's head to Mt. Bristle!" Sora happily shouted, following Eli to Mt. Bristle.

Sheer cold. That was what Aurax felt just before he shot to his feet panting. Eventually, he became more adjusted to his true surroundings. He appeared to have had a nightmare, but he could not recall what it was. The night before, Aurax fell asleep in a couple of minutes after arriving at the base. It was already rather bright at this time; the rescue base was abandoned except from him. The mysterious disappearance was answered from a note tagged on the mailbox outside.

"We will be taking the student training to a new level today. There has been a mass request for numerous pokémon to be rescued after a tornado hit the islands on the west coast. Many pokémon are stranded and require help, Manetric and I decided this would be a good opportunity to train the students. Try to catch up if you can. Togetic."

Beneath the message, there were copies of rescue requests sent from clients and who was being offered a reward for safe return. Mostly water pokémon, maybe a few birds, and the occasional appearance of other types. Aurax decided to pick up some extra supplies before heading out and went to pokémon square, he needed to find some transport there anyway.

(Mind if I join?)

There was a recently-evolved female Staraptor named Starfall sitting in town square, talking to her partner, Briar, the Roserade. They were Team Rush, one of the newer rescue teams. They had just decided to become partners a week ago.

"We're not getting many rescue missions." Starfall sighed, flopping onto the grass.

"Cheer up. I'm sure we'll get some soon." Briar replied, trying to soud cheerful.

"I just wish we could be like Team Eclipse. They're so much better than we are. We're hardly past normal rank. They're even higher than gold rank, I'd bet." Starfall said, closing her eyes against the bright mid-afternoon sun.

"Stop being so negative!" Briar exclaimed, getting agitated. "We've just started. Surely we'll get more requests the better we get!"

Starfall smiled a bit. "I hope so, Briar. I hope so."

(Welcomt to the RP, Twiggy)

Drenched Bluff, B4F

"We've reached our destination floor." Curious commented, looking around.

"Yup." Harmony replied. She shot a Psybeam at a Shellos that was about to attack Curious from behind. "Thanks." The Umbreon said.

'Welcome." Harmony replied.

"HELP!" The call echoed from a chamber near by. "No! Stop! Please!"

Harmony and Curious raced towards the sound. When the found the source, they were met by a horrible sight. There was an Eevee, cowering in a corner, and two Staravias taking turns Drill-pecking her.

"Get away!" Curious yelled, launching Dark pulses at the Staravias, while Harmony was getting to the Eevee.

When Harmony reached the Eevee, she used Protect. Then, she used Heal Bell, and fed the Eevee an oran berry and helped her swallow a max exlir. (Sp?) She tied some gauze around her bleeding leg, and helped her stand up. When the protect faded, both of the Staravias had fled. Curious was bruised a bit, but otherwise, he looked fine.

"Hi sweetie. We're Team Eclipse. We're here to save you." Harmony said, smiling. "What's your name?"

"My name... It's Peachy." The Eevee said, her voice weak and cracking.

"Let's get her back to the base and have Chansey look her up." Curious said, taking out the rescue badge.

All three pokemon were transported from the dungeon.

Aurax stopped off at the Kangaskhan storage center to pick up some Oran berries, max elixirs, and the works. Then began to comb the square for some means of transport. The best way would be to find some sort of flying or water pokémon to carry him across, one good idea would be a rescue team that was heading there anyway. Sure enough, he spotted a Staraptor and a Roserade. He suspected that they were part of a new team like Eli and Sora. One that might be desperate for a mission to gain popularity, the crisis at Aurax's destination might sound like a great place to start.

"Um. Might you be up to anything important at the moment, I would like to ask you a favor," Aurax asked as he approached the two.

When Starfall saw the Lucario approaching, she knew it was Aurax, a rescue team legend. Starfall jumped to her feet, and brushed herself off.

"Hi, Aurax." Starfall said, bringing her wings down to her side.

Briar elbowed her partner in the ribs. "What sort of favor?" She asked.

"Well, I need to catch up with the rest of my students at the Western Isles, but I need to find some sort of transport. I was hoping you might be willing to give me a lift. I believe you could also come and help." Aurax explained, it was clear that he was well known in the community, because he truthfully did not really know this team himself.

Meanwhile, at the Western Isles. The rest of the academy team had arrived and were warming up in front of a cavern that would take them down to where numerous pokémon were washed in.

"So, what are we waiting for? If we wait any longer, I'm going to fall asleep," Tails complained.

"We just need to wait for Aurax. There was no way we could wake him up this morning, who knows what he was doing last night," Togetic explained,

"We just have to wait a little longer; I bet Aurax could be here before you know it. It's the way he was tossing and turning earlier that worries me" Manetric assured.

"Easy for you to say, you were born to lounge around like this. I was born for action." Tails remarked, Manetric ignored the comment.

"I hope you're asking about me, cause Briar isn't strong at all." Starfall chuckled. Briar turned red.

"We're Team Rush." Briar Explained. "This is Starfall, and I'm Briar. We're new to the Rescue team scene."

"We'd be happy to give you a lift. Climb on. Briar can hold my feet." Starfall said, lowering herself to the ground.

Briar wrinkled up her nose and grabbed one of Starfall's feet.

---At Team Eclipse's base---

Peachy was laying on Harmony's bed, holding out her leg for Chansey to inspect.

"Hmm.. Yes, yes... oh... I see.." Chansey muttered, rubbing the leg up and down. "Her leg's broken." The Chansey reported once she was done.

"What should we do?" Curious asked.

"Keep her in bed. I'll get a cast on the leg. I'll come back in about 3 weeks to take it off." Chansey said, starting to bandage the broken leg. Once she was done, she left.

"Peachy, Hun, do you have any family or friends we can take you to?" Curious asked, sitting down by the bed.

"Uh... No... I don't think so. I really can't remember much, actually." Peachy said, blinking.

"Wierd." Harmony muttered.

"I'm here!" Maggie's voice rang out. She floated in. "I brought some... Oh, what happpened?" She exclaimed, rushing over.

"We found Peachy being attacked by Staravias in The Drenched Bluff. Her leg's broken." Harmony explained.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I'll wait. Do you want any lunch?" Maggie asked.

Everyone nodded hungrily.

Maggie passed around some berries and bread, and everyone ate. talked, and laughed.

Mt. Bristle, 6F

Team Shadow had a rough time getting up Mt. Bristle for sometime now, the two were dangerously low on Oran Berries and low on Elixers. Eli was searching through his pack for Pecha Berries because Sora had gotten poisoned by Nidorina after she attacked the pokemon not knowing about the Poison Point ability that Nidorina had possessed. Sora was looking all around the floor to see if anyone had dropped a Pecha Berry nearby but for her sudden streak of bad luck in the dungeon, nothing was around her that she can use. Eli exclaimed excitedly as he found a Pecha Berry at the bottom of his bag, upon finding it he quickly gave it to Sora to eat to cure her poisoning. After eating the berry Sora was cured and they moved onward to the next floor and when they got to the seventh floor the outlaw Skorupi ambushed them.

"You'll never arrest me, Poison Fang!" Skorupi yelled, using his attack on Eli who dodged.

"Faint Attack," Eli called out aiming his attack at the outlaw.

"Bite!" Sora shouted lunging at the Skorupi and biting him.

But then all of a sudden Skorupi used Cross Poison on Sora since she was in close range and then right as the attack hit Sora was poisoned once more and she was getting tired of it because it had been the third time she was poisoned in the dungeon. While Eli was attacking Skorupi nonstop Sora was looking for a Pecha Berry but when she couldn't find one she realized that she had eaten the last one, while the two weren't looking Skorupi used Cross Poison again and hit Team Shadow causing them to faint and be sent back to their base. After being sent back Eli was disappointed at himself and Sora was stressed because she felt that she was holding Eli back because of her poisoning in the dungeon but it wasn't all their faults they should've realized that Skorupi is strong so it would be a challenge for them. As Sora and Eli walked or in Eli's case floated to the town square there was talk of a Eevee being rescued by Team Esclipse, hearing that made Eli wonder where the other Eevee came from while Sora was thinking nothing of it because she thought it was common for pokemon to show up in the town.

"Thank you, I believe you also can aid us in this mission, something as major as what is going on there would help your reputation greatly" Aurax commented, he then got on and balanced on the small of Starfall's back with his two feet. Starfall took off immediately and the three were flying over the shores in no time.

In maybe seven minutes, a group of isles appeared in the distance, Starfall was soon circling one where Tails, Chimmy, Togetic, and the rest of the academy were gathered. As the bird landed, Aurax got off and got a status report on what occurred so far. He looked into the hole that leads to the caves where the pokémon were trapped; he then turned to Team Gust. "If you want, you can come in and help us with this crisis. Are you willing to?" He offered.

Starfall was still exausted from carrying two pokemon at the same time, so Briar spoke up.

"We'd be honored to." She said, "Once I get Starfall ready."

"You.. are.. not.. my.. mom." Starfall said between gasps.

Briar rolled her eyes and dug in her bag for some oran berries.

After eating about five oran berries, Starfall felt better. She jumped to her feet. "Let's go!"

(Twiggy, I apoligize for any autoing that you do not approve of, and will adjust according to what you prefer if it doesn't suit you)

As soon as the two made their answers, Tails ran into the cave with everybody else following behind. The flat tunnel quickly slanted down and began to spiral round and around. Everybody walked/flew through the silent tunnel as it brought them deeper and deeper into the cave. Water dripped occasionally and the tunnel began to grow uneven, Starfall and Togetic had to help some of the pokémon up a ledge every now and then. Eventually, the tunnel widened into a large cavern. A pit half filled with water stood in the center like the gaping mouth of a Garchomp directly behind its prey. A stone bridge ran across it and provided access to the deeper areas of the cave. A Staryu and Quilfish floating on the surface of the 'lake' unconscious.

"It looks like we found a few," Aurax commented, Togetic automatically flew down and scooped up the Staryu while Starfall rescued the Quilfish. With the help of a pair of Oran berries, the two made a good recovery.

"Well, the fishies have awakened, this means sushi isn't on the menu tonight," Tails joked. Manetric tried to muffle him up before he cracked another one.

"Were there any others with you? Do you think you will be able to make it out yourself?" Corphish asked, as a worrywart for other water types.

"We should be able to, it's whoever is deeper in the caves that we're worried about" Staryu answered

"Good luck down there, I can assure you there is something dangerous down there" Quilfish commented, he and Staryu then began to hop up the tunnel. The team then advanced across the bridge up until a fork that split the start of one tunnel into three. Aurax used his senses to try to see what was in each of them. After a minute, he was able to give a statistic report on the contents of the tunnels.

"All of them seem to have pokémon trapped inside; the far left one has the most. I suggest we split up here and work onwards. Togetic, take Caterpie and Turtwig and go down the right one. Manetric, take your students and check out the center one." Aurax instructed his fellow teachers. The teachers and students began to go down their assigned tunnels, leaving Aurax, Tails, Chimmy, Briar, and Starfall in front of the right one. "I suggest we be cautious, I know there is going to be quite a handful down there, and possibly more waiting in ambush. Shall we give it our best shots?" Aurax reminded. The tunnel however appeared as silent as ever, waiting for the group to advance into its mouth to face whatever awaited them inside.

"I'm ready. What about you, Starfall?" Briar asked, a reluctant twinge in her voice.

Starfall gulped. "I'm ready." She said, sounding not as brave as Briar had hoped.

"Wait a moment." Briar said, digging in the bag. She brought out some Max Exlirs (sp?) and handed them to everyone. "Gotta keep our strength up." She said.

"Well, here we go." Starfall squeaked, taking the lead into the dark tunnel.

As Starfall took the lead of the group, Aurax and Chimmy followed closely behind so Chimmy could provide a light source for the darkening tunnel. The group crept through the tunnel, looking at every nook and cranny for any possible hiding place for an ambush to take place.

"Hey, sir, I was just wondering; what are these caves exactly" Chimmy asked his teacher.

"These caves are among the few places that have remained mostly unchanged from the continent shift. They used to be on the seafloor until the shift brought them up as islands. People say that there used to be a reef that served as a hub for many sea pokémon to rest after many days of travelling down there, some stories even says this was one of Kyogre's many dens scattered across the oceans. But that was before the continent shift, whether this rest-station reef exists to this day is something nobody really knows." Aurax explained

"But if it was to still exist, then the pokémon that are trapped down here should easily be able to recover and exit whenever they feel like it." Chimmy pointed out,

"Then that would be fair proof that the reef died out, or never even existed." Aurax said,

"Or the victims of the storm found that their stay at this ocean hotel is a bit less pleasurable than they hoped for." Tails commented, nobody replied to his comment.

Soon, a very narrow ledge overlooking a second pit faced the group; this one was not as filled up with water as the last one and stretched down for quite a distance. The ledge continued for maybe fifteen meters, then returned to tunnel that disappeared into the darkness.

"Well, it looks like most of us will have to sidle along this ledge to get across. It shouldn't be too difficult doing this without interference. However, if anything attacks us here, then we're sitting ducks." Aurax explained, then began to slowly edge across the ledge

While Harmony was taking care of Peachy, Curious went out for a walk.

When he crossed the bridge into town, he gasped. There were no pokemon in sight, the ground had been split many diffrent ways, leaving gaping holes where the Kecleon shop, and bank used to be. Moans of pokemon came from the holes and cracks in the ground. Some of the shops and houses had been entirely split in half, others lay in a mass of mangled metal on the ground. The Wishcash pond now held no water, and Wishcash was no where in sight. Curious ran to a gap where the moaning was the loudest. "Hello?" He called, his voice echoeing.

"Curious?" A small male voice squeaked.

"ZaggyWaggy! What happened? Where's everyone else?" Curious yelled, shaking.

"There... was an earthquake. It.. was huge. Everyone fell in or was crushed. Ettiyo and his family were killed, their home collapsed." ZaggyWaggy called, coughing.

"NO!" Curious yelled, and ran towards Ettiyo's home. He expected to see the young Zubat out playing with Ryan, his Crobat father, but, alas, Ettiyo's house was one of the mangled metal messes littering the town. "No," Curious's voice choked, and he fell to the ground.

Starfall gasped, as she felt the ground begin to shake. They were going to be thrown off the edge! "Everyone on!" She yelled, Lowering herself to the ground. Once everyone was on, she flew off.
----Back in town----

Rali and Marsh, the two Marstomp sisters, were lying in a hole in the ground. Rali heaved herself up, and helped Marsh tp her feet. "What happened?" Rali moaned, trying to stop her bleeding arm.

"I don't know." Marsh said, crying. Her tears rolled off her cheeks onto the dry ground, painting a depressing picture.

"Why are you crying?" Rali asked, hugging her sister.

"I want mommy!" Marsh screamed, running away.

"No! Marsh! No! We have to stay together!" Rali exclaimed, sprinting after her sister.

Sora felt the ground shaking, trying to stay on her feet Sora tried to run to Team Eclipse's base to see if any of them were okay. Since Eli was floating he didn't notice the earthquake but he saw almost everything become a mangled mess, he had hoped that his family was alright and desperately wanted to check on them. Sora knew that Eli had a family so she told her friend to go to his family to see if they're alright, hearing that Eli rushed off to find his home, right when Eli found his house he saw that it was almost torn in half by the earthquake. Eli flew into the house in a blink of an eye and seen his father underneath a bookshelf, his mother protecting his second oldest sister Tanya, as fast as he could Eli tried to lift the bookshelf off his father. Since Tanya was the second oldest in the family, she gotten herself out of her mother's grasp and went to help Eli get their father out from under the bookshelf.

By the time Eli and Tanya got the bookshelf off their father, the house was about to cave in so in that moment their mother, Tia, helped her children out and managed to get out of the house. Once the family was out of the house, Eli told his parents and sister that he has to get back to Sora to see if she was alright, his family understood what Eli had to do and it reminded them soo much of Marcus. As soon as Eli gotten back to Sora, he seen that she had found the Team Eclipse base and went inside then found Harmony and the Eevee that was rescued.

"Harmony, you okay, there was an earthquake and I wanted to see if you and the Eevee were okay. Who is this Eevee?" Sora asked the Espeon, looking at the injured Eevee whose leg was wrapped obviously looked like it was broken.

"An earthquake??!!" Harmony exclaimed, jumping up. "Curious just went outside!" she ran out.

"Hi!" Peachy squeaked. "You're an Eevee, like me! I'm Peachy! What's your name??"

---Outside---

Harmony raced and found Curious collapsed infront of Ettiyo's home. "Curious! Are you okay?" She exclaimed, helping him up.

"I'm fine." Curious said, trying to regain his posture. "Ettiyo's not. He and his family--" He choked again, "Died."

Harmony gasped. "Oh no! Not-- not Ettiyo! The kid-- he had talent.." She trailed off, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Wait- Isn't Aurax in a dungeon? They could've been killed too!" Curious yelled, taking off, but was stopped by the cliff.

"We'll just have to hope they survive."

"My name's Sora, it's nice to meet you Peachy!" Sora introduced herself to the Eevee.

"Hey Peachy, where did you come from? There aren't many Eevees that come into this town without evolving first, how'd you get here?" Eli asked Peachy, thinking that where ever Peachy was from was where Sora had came from.

"Cool name, Sora. It sounds familiar..." Peachy mumbled. "Oh yeah. I don't really remember much about where I came from, jut that my name's Peachy... and... well, that's pretty much all." She said in answer to Eli's question.

After a while, Peachy stood up and limped around the base to get a drink. She layed down infront of a crescent-shaped pool and lapped up some water. She looked back at Eli and Sora. "Ahre yuu tirstee?" She mumbled around the water.

'That's just what Sora said when we first met, could Peachy be like Sora? No way that couldn't be possible, Sora said that all she could remember was her name and that she was a human so there's no way it's remotely possible for those two to be the same.' Eli was thinking, while looking at both Eevees.

"You bet, I'm parched," Sora said, going to the cresent-shaped pool and lapped up a mouthful of water and swallowed it. "You thirst too Eli?" Sora asked her friend.

"No I'm good," Eli replied, still inspecting the two Eevees.

"Peachy, I don't know if I had heard right but did you say that my name sounded familiar to you?" Sora had asked Peachy, thinking that she heard her say something about her name sounding familiar.

"Yup. I can't explain it, but your name rings a bell." Peachy smiled, swallowing her water. She limped back over to her bed and layed down. "So, you guys a rescue team? Team Eclipse says I can join them when my leg gets better. I've been thinking about it, but, I'm also willing to join a team in need of members." She licked a patch of hair on her leg. "I'm not sure what I'll do at the moment.. So, you guys said there was an earthquake?" She asked, lifting her large ears up.

"Yes we're a rescue team, Team Eclipse has been desperate for a Glaceon to join their team, if they get a Glaceon then Team Eclipse would have the whole Eevee-evolutions as one team." Eli said to Peachy.

"And yes there was an earthquake and from what I seen heading over here it seemed like a really bad one." Sora told Peachy for some reason lifter her ears up to listen for sudden noises.