• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon Coliseum RP

Welcome everyone to the XXth annual Pokémon Tournament! You all know the rules! Each competitor may use 6 Pokemon for this tournament, but during battle, they may only use 3 of the 6! No Mega Evolving and no Z-Moves! Well, those are all the rules, let the tournament begin!!
---------------------------------
Thread: https://pokecharms.com/threads/pokemon-coliseum-rp-discussion.17097/

You all know the normal rules, if you don't, go look. We will officially begin this when at least 5 other people join. Here is the creation for character:

Name:
Personality:
Pokemon:
Origin:

Here's mine:
--------------------------------
Name: Carter
Appearance: Short Black, Shaggy Hair. Sweater that looks like a Snorlax belly and arms. Also wears blue jeans.
Personality: Charismatic, doesn't plan much for anything. Carefree. Likes to battle and raise Pokémon.
Pokemon: Snorlax, Jigglypuff, Hawlucha, Drifblim, Skunktank, Tangrowth.
Origin: Ainstar City(Kalos)

Carter was listening to the announcer, getting psyched up and very happy to be there. He had always come to watch the tournament, but this is the first time he actually participated in it. He knew his parents were out there waiting to see him battle. "Alright guys," he said to his party, "let's go win this tournament!" They all cheered.

Last edited:
(You already got my attention)
Name:Jagged Spike
Appearance: Tall, black hair, black hoodie, Hazel eyes, sneakers.
Personality: Protective, Brave, Startegical, Intelligent
Pokemon: Gallade, Greninja, Jolteon, Noivern, Gengar, Snorlax.
Origin: Kalos

"Alright guys, you ready?" Jagged asked his pokemon. "We've been through a lot together and I'm pretty sure we can win this tournament. No pressure guys just do your best." He said as he walked inot the lobby.

Name: Johnny
Appearance: relatively short and slim, golden-brown hair, typically seen in jeans and a punny t-shirt
Personality: lighthearted, often makes light of life, loyal to those deserving
Pokémon: Sceptile (Styx), Chatot (Cathy), Salazzle (Razzles), Shedinja (Ghost), Dragonair (Grace), Crawdaunt (Crusher)
Origin: Sinnoh

"Anything that sticks out to you Cathy?" Johnny asked of his newly returned Chatot.

The response came, in a perfect imitation of his own voice, "A couple of Snorlaxes, Gallade, etcerera. Nothing you would' expect, really."

Although it wouldn't much help him now that he was already registered, Johnny did appreciate the greater assurance provided by his abnormally sharp bird Pokémon.

"Thanks," he responded. "Now all that remains is for us to wait..."

Last edited:
Carter walked around with his Hawlucha out, trying to scope out the competition. He was actually just going for a snack, then it turned into that. He gave up quickly though, he would rather eat, and that's what he did.

Name: Angelia "Angel" Shayton
Ethnicity: French
Appearance: Has pitch-black, mid-back hair with a white streak she bleached on her bangs. She has pitch-black eyes, and her skin is a little pale. She has dark circles from not sleeping very well. She wears a black, poofy dress, with poofy shoulders and white frills at the end of the shoulder-length cuffs and the bottom of the dress. Her dress has a bit of a high collar She wears transparent, black tights and has a purse with little crystals all over the seams and the ends of the zippers. Her shoes are black and look like they hurt a little, but she doesn't show that it hurts her or anything. Her skin has a rare pigment disorder, which causes her cells/proteins/whatever in charge of the color of her skin to die, making her seem paler than what she really is. If her pigments didn't have this disorder, she'll be as dark as the natives from Alola.
Personality: Even though she is 35 years old, her mental age is closer aligned with the people who are about to graduate from high schools (18-19 year olds) and sometimes even younger. She is very immature and very naive, but becomes a savage during battle. She is very kind, selfless and caring to all who meet her, which can become quite bad for her when they begin to use her sweetness for their own selfish needs. She is always tired, but tries not to show this, but her body language shows. She slouches when sitting, and yawns a lot. Those dark circles under her eyes are from a lack of sleep, but there is more to it. She has chronic insomnia, which causes her to hallucinate slightly when awake, have trouble staying awake, be delirious at times throughout the day and not be able to remember what happens sometimes, and her Pokemon have begun training themselves because she always sleeps when she is trying to train them herself. Since her Pokemon are already very able in battle, they can battle when Angel is too busy sleeping standing up. Because of this, she can be quite clumsy.
Pokemon: Zoroark (Zorro, Male), Togekiss (Togetoge, Female), Mimikyu (Mimi, Female), Greninja (Quaju, Male), Primarina (Oratora, Female), Incineroar (Félin, Male)
Origin: Raised on Melemele Island in Alola, but was actually born in Laverre City in Kalos

--------------------------------

Angel slowly made her way towards the big building, where the tournament was going to be staged. Well.... She's not really walking, her Incineroar was letting her rest on his back from how tired she was. The stress of the upcoming tournament didn't help her already terrible sleep schedule, if she had any. To wake her up a bit, Incineroar decided to jog all the way to the tournament. It only took a few short minutes, until he arrived at their destination. As soon as he entered, he lets her down and helped her to the registration, where she then entered her trainer card sleepily as she was about to doze off again.

Zoroark popped out of his Luxury Ball to help wake her up with his fur, letting it brush up against her legs, tickling her. She giggled and finally regained a bit of her composure. She signed in completely and went to the snack bar. From down the hall, she saw someone with a Chatot perched on a young boy's shoulder, and another young boy eating snacks in the snack room with his Hawlucha. She sighed, as she tried to maintain Incineroar from wanting to swipe at their soon-to-be contestant.

"Félin..... Stop, I don't need to be disqualified just because you see some tasty morsel to eat. I don't think Chatots are very tasty, either. How about you settle for something in here..." She yawned as her and Zoroark practically drag the Heel Pokemon away from Johnny and his Pokemon, into the snack room. Zoroark practically forced Félin to sit next to Carter and his Pokemon, while they find snacks for everyone in the party.

"Zorro, how about we-...." She began to fall asleep, when Zoroark tickled her again and set herself upright. "I'm sorry that I'm so tired..." She yawned and tried to pick out food for her team, to no avail as she kept falling asleep where she stood, and nearly fell into the hot water tank on the table.

Last edited:
Carter looked to his side, where a Incineroar sat next to him. He took one of the berries out of his pouch, and handed it to the Pokemon. "Here. I think Hawlucha is going to have a fun time battling you."

Félin looked at him and smiled gratefully, but eyed Carter when he took the berries. He smelled the berries, then popped one into his mouth, testing it. After being satisfied that it wasn't poisoned, he ate the rest of the berries messily, and growled happily, basically saying thank you to Carter.

Angel looked back at the man who had given her big feline some food. She smiled and, with great sincerity, said, "Thank you, so much. I am Angelia Shayton, but you can just call me Angel." She giggled at the end and you can get the impression that she seemed younger than what she actually looked like. "What's your name?"

Zorro, with his paws filled with snacks, passed out the snacks to Félin and offered one to Hawlucha and Carter. He smiled as he was giving the snacks out, like he was grateful for making them happy.

Last edited:
Hawlucha takes one but Carter declines. "No these are for you guys." The woman said her name was Angel and she sounded younger than she looked. "Hello Angel." He smiled happily. "My names Carter. I assume you are part of the Tournament?"

Angel nodded and smiled wide, but then yawned instantly. She looked on at Zorro and smiled, "Thank you, Zorro, for being so sweet." She went over and gave him a little kiss on his forehead, which he made a little happy chirp and nuzzled her for the given affection. She lets all of her Pokemon out of her Luxury Balls, so they can rest outside and to, secretly, show off her team.

A Togekiss, Mimikyu, Primarina, and Greninja joined the resting Incineroar. Mimikyu was on Togekiss's head, and Togekiss softly floated towards Hawlucha, which then, in their own language, introduced herself and the rest of the party to them.

Primarina rested on Incineroar's shoulder from training her voice really hard the night prior, and Greninja went to the far corner of the room and leaned against the wall, like an emo/bad boy who doesn't care about the world.

Angel noticed Greninja's solitude and offered him to come over and introduce himself. He shook his head and stayed where he was.

Angel sighed and apologized, "I'm so sorry for his actions. He is the loner out of the party. His name is Quaju. Togekiss is called Togetoge, Mimikyu is called Mimi, Primarina is called Oratora, and you've heard Félin and Zorro already. All of them are quite mistrustful of others, with Greninja being on the extreme side, and Togekiss being the most forgiving one." She looked inquiringly at Carter. "What are your Pokemon, Carter? Do they want to relax outside of their confinements for a while?"

Last edited:
Carter looked oddly at this woman. Why was she showing off her Pokemon? Was she trying to gain an advantage off of... Carter stopped caring. He smiled. "Well, these are mine." He tossed out his Pokeballs. "Here we have Snorlax, Jigglypuff, you already know Hawlucha, Drifblim, Skunktank, and Tangrowth."

Angel looked up at Snorlax, a little frightened, but didn't want to show that off. Her Félin, however, noticed this and immediately stood up and began sizing the Sleeping Pokemon. Angel looked at him, and sighed.

"Excuse me..." She walked towards her cat and began scratching and massaging his neck. He shivered slightly and then immediately laid down on the ground, curled up, and purring... Well, as close as a big cat can purr, anyway (they are only able to purr when they breathe out, and that's because their vocal cords are too big and not as flexible, like their pre-evolutions. Also, it sounds kind of like a growl XD).

"He can be quite rambunctious and aggressive, and will end up hurting others, or at least, showing off his skills we try to hide until the very battle starts. I don't need your Pokemon to get hurt. Sorry about that. At least I know his weakness," she giggled at the end.

When she had noticed his Skuntank, she began smelling the stench from the Skunk Pokemon and her nose curled as she covered it with her silky, white napkin. Félin seemed to be too content to even notice the stench. Her Primarina, Togekiss, and Mimikyu hide behind Zorro.

Angel sighed, once again. "I have a feeling that there will be a problem when we battle you." As soon as she said that, her Greninja and Zorro looked uneasily at the Jigglypuff. "Then again, I probably should've trained more Pokemon besides Dark and Fairy-Types.... I uh... I specialize in those types, you see. I used to be a Fairy Tale Girl when I was ten years old because I was born in Laverre City, and I wanted to be a fairy. Of course, when I had found such a mischievous fox tricking me on Melemele Island, I fell in love with Dark-Types. So there you go. You know a bit about me." She smiled and when she mentioned the "mischievous fox", she looked directly at Zorro. "The only reason why Zorro was there was because his past trainer abandoned him, and he was left to trick people and Pokemon."

Last edited:
Snorlax watched the Inceneroar lay down. Snorlax yawned, and lays down himself, immediately falling asleep. Jigglypuff jumped up on top of it. "Puff!!" She screamed. Snorlax didn't move. "Jeez, get off of him, let him sleep before the fights begin." Jigglypuff jumped off of Snorlax. Tangrowth was sparring a little with Hawlucha. "I uhh... guess I know your weaknesses too." He looked over her Pokemon. "Your Zoroark, their kind can shapeshift right?"

Angel chuckled. "No, they can't. They just have the power to fool people with their illusions, making them look like they can shapeshift, but really can't. They just copy what the foe looks like to fool them, either to get away or for fun. They can also change the whole scenery around them if they really wanted to. The older they get, the more powerful their illusion powers become. Show them, Zorro."

Zorro, who smirked, howled a screeching, deafening howl, and the spacious snack room became a forest filled with, what looked like Bug Pokemon, then became the deserts surrounding a long-lost city. The sand felt so surreal. Then Zorro let out a chirp and the scenery faded away, as the snack room replaced the awe-strucking background. Zorro smiled after his display of power.

"He would do more to impress you," Angel giggled incessantly, "but he doesn't want to tire himself out. Of course, he is still quite young. He doesn't have the hang of his powers, yet. They fluctuate constantly if he were to battle, changing the scenery so much as to either confuse our opponent more, or to know that everything is fake. Of course, it all ends when he gets hit. He tries his best not to, though."

Last edited:
name: Stevie
appearance:long,black/purple hair,always wears the same leggings with his black or sometimes orange jacket
personality: funny,sometimes serious,determinated and always ready for battle
pokemon:feraligatr,magneton,pikipek,krokorok,farfetch'd,mimikyu
origin:alola

Carter watched as the scenery changed around him. He found it beautiful. Then it turned back to the snack room. "Oh, that might be difficult to deal with. Maybe ill have Jigglypuff battle him."

OOC: (only one more person and we can start. @pokettrainer you can add 3 more Pokemon, and please add a little startup story for yourself.)

"Finally i have made it that was a long trip feraligatr huh?" asked stevie at his feraligatr "GATR! GATR!" said feraligator.
"now we watch" stevie and feraligatr were watching all the time

Angel giggled nervously, "Uhm.... Oh dear, Zorro, be careful."

Zorro, acting tough, smacked his fluffy pectorals with his red clawed paw and growled menacingly at the puffball. Angel sighed with an anime sweat drop....

Last edited:
Stevie is an friendly but serious alolan he heard about the colloseum and wanted to go there now he is here.
"sooo what now feraligatr... feraligatr? oh no you havent been searching for snacks again!" "GATR GATR!!!!!"
stevie heard feraligatr somewhere else at the stadium feraligatr is in trouble again

Angel saw the Feraligatr and gave it bunches of snacks from her outstretched hands.

"Here you go, buddy. You must be starving."

Zorro smiled at Feraligatr and waved, as it devy-ups the snacks between Angel's party.

Last edited:
Name: Karpman, aka Shiori Fujimoto
Appearance: Karpman wears a red track suit and a large Magikarp mask which he never takes off. Under the mask, he has shaggy black hair and blue eyes.
Personality: Dramatic. Very dramatic, almost bordering on ridiculous. He's pretty much the equivalent of Mumen rider from One Punch Man.
Pokemon: Zoroark, Magikarp (level equivalent 89) Feebas (89), Feebas (93), Gyrados, Milotic
Origin: Kanto

Karpman registered like a man on a mission. Striding confidently across the lobby, he mentally went through his battle strategy when his stomach growled.
"Hmf. To the snack bar!" If his costume didn't cause people to stare, then Karpman's yell sure did. On the way there, he heard the screech of a Pokemon.
"Someone must be in danger!" He yelled. Karpman ran towards the snack bar and jumped in, striking a pose.
"For all those who love justice, never fear! For I, Karpman, am here!" Shiori announced.

Angel chuckled, "There is no one in danger- uh.... Magikarp-man. It was just my Zoroark howling. Sounds like someone got tortured, didn't it?" She chuckled even louder, bordering on slight craziness. She cut it out and gave off an innocent smile.

Zorro sighed and shook his head at her. He then began to daintily eat his snack.

Last edited:
"Ah there you are ferqligatr oh hey how are you doing has my feraligatr bothering you? My name is stevie" said stevie as he lifted his hand "whats yours?" He asked

Angel took his hand and shook it gingerly as she introduced herself, "My name is Angel, and all of my Pokemon are right behind me. All the Fairy and Dark-Type ones though. And no, your Pokemon hasn't, he was just hungry, so I fed him." She explained with a smile.

Last edited:
The announcer blasts on the intercom. "Hello again everyone! We have an exciting first battle for you all! First up is... what... oh, Karpman versus Stevie! You all know the rules, only 3 Pokemon in this battle, choose wisely! Now, make your way too the arena, where we can watch this spectacular first battle!"

Stevie enterd the arena
And said"feraligatr i choose you!"
"Gatr Gatr" ferligatr stepped in front of him "hehe im gonna win" did he tought by himself

Karpman jumped into the arena, brimming with confidence. He observed the Pokemon his opponent sent out.
"Hm. A noble choice. But water is my domain! Go, Magikarp!" Karpman said, sending out his fish Pokemon. The Magikarp flopped out onto the ground and began flopping about, looking pathetic.
"Karp karp!" The Magikarp said, looking determinly at the Feraligator.

"Pffft is that all you got hahaha!!!" Stevie laughed at the magikarp and said "feraligatr use bite" feraligatr ran off to the magikarp and bit him super hard​

Mimikyu looked on at the fight from the stadium's bleachers, amongst Angel's entire team and Angel herself. Mimikyu looked at that Magikarp and then wondered what kind of power this Pokemon had within it. It couldn't learn any technical machines, or any attacks that are Water-Type, so how could it win against a quick crocodile?

Angel patted Mimi's head and looked on, as well. She knew there was some hidden potential within that Magikarp, but she doesn't see it outright, yet.

Last edited:
"Hmf. Such a basic move. I'm disappointed." Karpman said, ignoring the laughter. Right before the Feraligatr chomped on the Magikarp, it flopped just hard enough to avoid the gator-like Pokemon's attack. Beneath the Magikarp mask, Karpman smirked.
"Magikarp, Foul Play!" Karpman commanded. The Magikarp flopped towards the Feraligatr and powerfully launched itself between the Feraligatr's legs.

Zorro, who had been watching Magikarp's every move ever since it was pulled out, started growling with glee. That is no Magikarp. His smirk became a wide grin as he realized that he wasn't the only illusionary master in this tournament.

Last edited:
Stevie saw the magikarp hitting his feraligatr
He then knew it is not a normal magikarp
"Feraligatr jump in the air spinning and use water gun!" Feraligatr did what Stevie said an the whole arena turn into water "blub bulb gasp"

Stevie swam and waited for his opponents
Next move

As the arena filled with water, Karpman realized what he must do. Zoroark's illusion wore off from the water gun, but that wasn't the problem. The problem was the water. On land, Zoroark stood a chance against Feraligatr. But the water was a whole nother story, and Feraligatr's home turf. Karpman needed someone that could take them on, and he knew just the Pokemon.
"Zoroark, return!" Karpman said, returning his Pokemon. "Go, Gyarados!"
With a roar, the Gyarados appeared from it's Pokeball and flew above the water. Karpman grabbed onto it's tail, and was pulled out of the water and onto Gyarados' back.
"Now Gyarados! Use Thund-" Karpman cut himself off, realizing what he was about to do. If he had his Gyarados use Thunderbolt, there was a definite chance that he would end up frying Stevie as well! The thought made Karpman hesitate.

Stevie saw what karpman did and said "feraligatr come back now go magneton" magneton could fly and is electric so
stevie said "use zap cannon on the water now" and magneton fired a zap cannon at the water
so gyrados was electrocuted and all the water was electricity that was his plan he said "pick me up magneton now!" so magneton picked him up and they floated above te water "pick up karpman too magneton" "MAGNET MAGNETON" said magneton and he did

Last edited:
"GAAAH!" Karpman yelled as the Magneton picked him up. Enraged that his trainer was stolen, Gyarados launched itself out of the water towards the Magneton, dodging the Zap Cannon attack and launching a powerful Dragon Tail attack at the Magneton. Before the Gyarados reached the Magneton, Karpman wriggle free and dove back into the water.