• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Academy

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
The others had branches off in slightly different directions to catch Pokémon. Aine headed off as well, beating back ferns and branches that pulled at her hair and clothes. “See anything, Spark?” Aine asked the Joltik on her head. Spark zapped her twice. No.

The girl sighed and kept pushing forwards. She leaned against a tree to catch her breath.

Suddenly, the tree moved! Aine backed away, nervous. A deep growl came from within the tree, as a single luminous eye stared down at her.

“Omigod.” Aine’s eyes widened with fear, the pupils dilating until they absorbed the blue irises altogether. Still moving backwards, she tripped on a tree root and went down hard. The girl froze. The Trevanent— because that was what it was—roared.

Aine scrambled to her feet. “Spark, Shockwave!” The Trevenant absorbed the blow easily, then loomed forwards, now enraged.

“Trevenant!” it roared, and gave chase, sending a Leaf Blade her way. Aine let out a soft scream, then turned and ran back towards the schoolyard. She burst through the brush, the Trevenant hot on her heels.

“Look out!” she gasped as she emerged.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Schrift was bored of these Pokemon, he may have loved Pokemon more than anything but god were these ones meek. He decided to break away from the group into the thicker part of the forest. It was a whole new world in there, each Pokemon was playing around like you see in adverts for Poketoys. If he found this much good in one thick part what would happen if he went deeper, he thought. That was a mistake the trees getting larger, and the floor was now a bedding of leaves. Even Nisshoku was finding it hard to get into the forest.

Eventually he found an opening and in the center there was a Pokemon. It was limp in a pool of blood. Schrift saw death take people away but Pokemon? It was a young Jangmo-o. There were tracks around it and the trees were slashed open by a Pokemon. This thing must have been over 30 foot tall. It then dawned on him that what killed the baby Jangmo-o was powerful, daring to stand up to a Kommo-o was a death sentence. But why was it so big and second what was this purple thing on the floor? Then it dawned on him, whatever killed it was now going towards his friends. "They may be good trainers but they are not ready for this." he said under his shaky voice. he wiped the seat off his brow. "Flare I choose you" and as soon as Flare was out, it gave a screech in horror at the dead Pokemon. "Flare go and warn the others tell them to get out of here and if you see a massive Pokemon that's smashing trees going towards them protect them." and with that Flare flew away.

That's his conscience cleared for now. As he thought of his next move, the Jangmo-o gave a weak cry. Well that's the my goal, he said with a smile. He lifted the Pokemon and put him in his bag, god it's heavy he thought. And with that he ran towards his friends, a flame burning in his heart. He won't fail them like he failed his brother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Wait...Winston, do you hear that?" Asked Izuku in confusion, "I hear crys for help---"

As Izuku turned in horror, Aine was there, running from a Trevenant. "Hatterene, sleep powder!" shouted Izuku.
The Trevenant slowly fell drowsy. And eventually, fell asleep. Izuku let out a sigh of relief.

=Nightshade=

“That’s not gonna hold it for long,” Aine warned, gasping for air after her brief run through the forest. “That thing shook off a Shock Wave like it was a spritz of water from a squirt gun. I don’t know if its been weakened enough to catch or— oh, crap.”

True to her word, the Trevenant had shaken off the drowsiness and was slowly rising to its rootlike feet. “Gastro Acid,” Aine said softly. Acidic purple liquid shot from Spark’s mandibles, straight at the Trevenant. It was a hit!

The acid hit the Trevenant right in the eye, causing it to howl in pain and claw at its face. “Sucker Pun- Aah!” Aine rolled to the side to avoid an incoming Shadow Claw. It ripped furrows in the ground where she had been only moments before. And Spark was dislodged from her head.

Aine immediately felt a heaviness in her right leg, and found herself unable to stand. Spark stood in front of her, readying the Sucker Punch she had commanded. He scurried in the opposite direction of Aine and used String Shot. With a pang, Aine realized he was drawing the Trevenant away. Protecting her.

An opening appeared. “Now, Spark! Sucker Punch!” The Trevenant reeled, then loomed overhead, coming back in full force. The sheer size of it was astounding; generally Trevenants were only about five feet tall, but this one had to be at least seven. Aine pushes herself off the ground, trying to gather her weight above her left leg. The girl stood, awkwardly balancing on just one leg while the other dragged in the dust.

The Trevenant was loading up a Wood Hammar, and Aine called out to the others in warning. “Here it comes!”

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku helped Aine stand by letting her lean on his shoulder. Then commanded "Scorbunny, Use Flame charge!". Scorbunny ran quickly and was slowly catching fire, which would do a little amount of damage to himself. The Trevenant came to use it's Wood Hammer, only for Scorbunny to jump onto its arm to deliver the firey tackle.

Izuku saw that the Pokemon was getting up, with much damage done

"Umm...Hattena....Use confusion!" Said Izuku slowly losing hope.

The confusion was nothing. The Trevenant had swung a Shadow claw at Hattena.
slowly fainted.

Last edited:
Winston's Sobble started having a full panic attack, blowing bubbles erratically. It circled Winston's feet and climbed over his shoulders. Suddenly, a blue shroud of energy covered it.

Evolution.

"S...sobble? What's h-happening to you...?" Winston worriedly asked the water lizard.
Quite soon after, the blue shroud lightened up, and Wisnton saw a Pokémon unlike his sobble. He had... a drizzile. Checking his Pokedex for Drizzile's new moves. He had one that seemed quite useful. He had learned sucker punch.

"Drizzile, wait for its attack, then hit it with a sucker punch!" Winston commanded the water lizard.

The Trevenant charged up another wood hammer and, when the creature swung back its arm, the Drizzile struck it straight in its red eye, blinding the creature.
"There! Th-that should keep it subdued for a while..." Winston nervously said.

Last edited:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Nice, Now we need to get Schrift and get back to the class!" Izuku said while sending Hatterene back into it's Pokeball. But Scorbunny was in a fit of rage, perhaps. It takes slow yet dense steps towards it, running towards the Trevenant while glowing in blue.
A pokemon who is different from the cute rabbit that Izuku knew, A raboot. Who came with a firey and powerful kick. Which at last, knocked down the ghastly tree pokemon.

Izuku's jaw dropped, never had it seen a pokemon who knock out a pokemon that was on such a high level.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Flare landed on top of the trevanent, it was in panic. Speaking and pointing its beak at the direction were it saw the beast's trail would lead it to. It let out a flamethrower attack at the trees and incinerated them. And behind it came out a Kommo-o. But this thing must have been the largest pokemon here. It was in some sort of frenzy its sliver a deep purple and its eyes gone black. Flare let out a fire blast in the air igniting the sky.

"Oh no it's near them." Schrifts voice was now pure anger. Why did I leave their group at least I would be able to help them, he thought. He realised he was next to a stream. It wasn't deep nor fast moving. It was exactly like a puddle." Perfect" he said. He ran down it. It was so much more different than when he was in the forest. He cant slow down tho wild pokemon dont care about turns or rules, for them it's all about if they can go away from that trainer.

Flare started the fight launching a flamethrower at it, no damage. He tried using fire blast, no damage.what could he do?

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku looked over towards Schrift, signaling that people and pokemon are hurt and that the group needs to head back before the bell goes. "Schrift we need to get the teacher to help us! we're in no shape to fight a large pokemon right now!"

=Nightshade=

Aine was in bad shape. Fantastic—the perfect time for her cerebral palsy to reach an all-time low. Spark couldn’t fight if he was on her, but she couldn’t stand if he wasn’t. It was crunch time, and she had a decision to make.

“Let me go,” Aine said softly to Izuku, who was helping her stand. She gently pushed off him and immediately fell. She managed to get herself into a sitting position; she would be vulnerable, but Spark could still fight. “I can’t exactly go anywhere, and Spark’s still uninjured. I don’t know how long we can hold it off, but—“ She looked around at the others’ faces. There was no way they’d leave her there. She called instead to the Fletchinder.

“Flare! Can— can you get help?” The Kommo-o was fast approaching. They were running out of time. “Spark, Electroweb!”

The Electroweb slowed down the Kommo-o for barely a second, then it slashed through the electrified silk and kept coming. “Crap.”

Major understatement.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Nisshoku use dark pulse, and with that a stream of shadows hit the kommo-o in the head. This angered it more." Guys get out I'll just try to hold it back from you. Don't worry about me." He called. Was that gonna be the last words he would say to his friends, he thought.

Noticing the impending danger Aine was in, Winston immediately commanded his drizzile to cease the attack on the Trevenant.
"Drizzile, focus on that Kommo-o!" Winston commanded, adrenaline coursing through his veins.
Firing off a powerful water pulse straight between the dragon and Aine, The drizzile stood beside Winston, who was busy unhooking a pokeball from his belt. He knew what he had to do.
"Go! Sizzlipede!" Winston called out.
It seemed as though the sizzlipede already knew what to do, as it let off a powerful flame wheel straight across the water tracks, turning into a wall of thick steam, which he knew would be hard for the Kommo-o to see through.
"That's all I've got. I can try to h-hold it off more, but I-I can't guarantee it'll help." Winston called to the group

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Nisshoku use shadow ball". Instantly a ball if pure darkness was shot at the steam. Out of the steam came a rampaging out of it its eyes set on Nisshoku. " NO!!" Schrft shouted as he jumped in front of the Kommo-o. He felt a pain as this 'pokemon' hit him. His body was sent barreling in the sky. Up in the sky time felt slow to him, the wind twisted around his body and the bridge pokemon chipped happily. Then reality hit back, the nice whistle of the wind became harsh screams and the bird pokemon squeaked in fear. He hit his head against a tree, chipping it instantly. His vision became fuzzy and his ears filled with blood. He coughed up whatever blood was in his throat and looked at his friends, then to Nisshoku who was running to his aid. " Hey buddy" he mustered the strength to speak." I know you don't like this but I'm gonna put you in your poke ball" and with that he touched the confused pokemon with the poke ball and it disappeared. The kommo-o was either planning something or was waiting, either way it was still.
As he rolled the poke ball towards Anne he spluttered" Aine promise me you will look after Nisshoku" And with that schrift passed out.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Rabbot looked over to Schrift and then was filled up with rage. Kicking and punching at Kommo-o. And eventually weakened Kommo-o to the point where it could've been caught. It looked at the group as if it wouldn't be the last time that it was going to be seen and then ran off into the forest.

Great...Now we have 2 people who are injured...

Izuku used a revive on his Hattena. Giving her the strength to use a healing pulse on any injured people and pokemon.

Last edited:
Shaking his head in anguish and disbelief, Winston furiously rummaged through his pockets for any potions or revives lying around. When none were to be found, Winston started having what could only be called a panic attack. Soon after the panic, Winston found himself collapsed on the floor, breathing erratically and clutching the pokeballs on his belt.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku looked around, knowing that he should be the one to have a good idea. And there he was, all his friends on the floor, either hurt or upset. With what little strength he had. Izuku carried his friends and slowly walked to the schoolyard. When he finally made it out, his group members were sent to the nurse's office to be treated for their injuries.

"S...sorry about that Izuku…" Winston said anxiously to Izuku, attempting to apologise for collapsing.
As Winston spoke, he unclipped a Pokeball from his belt and sent out his Drizzile, who seemed desperate to be released.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"It's fine. To be honest, I felt like doing the same" Izuku said, as if he was responsible for all his friends getting hurt. Izuku's rabbot walked over to Winston and comforted him.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Waking up Schrift felt a sharp pain in his arm, he saw a bandage over it as he opened his eyes. He also felt something on his head. He put up the only good arm he had and felt a bandage over his head. His memories hit him hard, like that kommo-o. " Nissoku!! Nisshoku!!" he cried waving his arms frantically. Finally his fingers brushed against some fur, but it wasn't soft like Nisshoku's. He turned his head just a bit to see a Luxio over his bed. What was that doing here, he thought. Then the nurse came storming to him. All the noise he made must have brought attention, Schrift braced for a lecture on how not to yell. But he was pleasantly surprised to see that she was relieved. "Thank goodness you woke up, if you didn't we would have to send you out to a hospital". She talked about how lucky he was to live and that he should be more careful in the wild, but he wasn't interested in that. The Luxio disappeared when he went to look at it again.
" please could you get my friends, they're the people who were with me when I was knocked out." he asked, trying to act as sympathetic as he could. "I'm not supposed to leave you but fine, I'll get your friends" and with that she went to get his friends.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
Izuku came running in

"Schrift!". Izuku let out a sigh of relief that Schrift was fine. And then sat down at the end of the bed. "Sorry for yelling, Aine is getting treatment, and Winston is fine. So at least everybody is ok"

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"did we win" Schrift asked with a smile on his face , he gave out a laugh. but then his face fell. "God I was dumb, like if I didn't go into the deeper into woods we would've been fine. But no I had to go there now look what happened." He hit the side of his bed. "The pokemon that was in my bag, is it ok?" he asked a small glimmer of hope on his face.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Oh, yeah. It's doing fine, right now it's in a poke-centre getting healed. But yeah, we sorta won, Raboot just scared it off." Said Izuku, while clutching his Pokeball. "Hatenna healing pulse couldn't help you out, I just felt useless in that situation, as if there was nothing I could've done to help..."

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

Aine stared down at Schrift. Spark was back with her, and she was able to stand again. She smiled a little, then gave Nisshoku’s Pokeball back to him.

“You good?” she asked him. “That looked like it hurt.”

The girl turned her head and nodded gratefully to Izuku. “Thank you,” she said, rather curtly; her pride had been wounded, for she was not used to being rescued, and wasn’t exactly sure if she enjoyed it.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Guys you wanna make a team name? Like we are the strongest trainers in the school. Also I'm gonna be here for a week so we might as well kill some time as I'm here." he said, laughing. He liked this group of friends, they were strong enough to hold themselves against a pokemon like that, so they might as well have a team name.

Winston slowly knocked on the door and entered the room, drizzile in tow. Knowing his friends were inside, he almost instantaneously became more calm.
"Oh, hey guys, not interrupting am I? B-because I can leave if I am..." He asked, not wanting to intrude.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Nah Winston you can stay. We were going to decide on a tam name because we are the strongest trainers in the school, after that incident. And obviously that includes you too, like how you stood up to the Kommo-o when we were scared. Your own bravery is what makes you one of the strong ones." said Schrift. He liked Winston, mainly due to the fact that he could surprise you with his bravery in a battle.

=Nightshade=

“Hey, Winston.” Aine chewed her lip, a nervous habit. “I suppose I should thank you, too,” she added, rather grudgingly. “For, you know, saving my butt.” Aine grinned unexpectedly. “But hey, we’re all alive and well, and like Schrift said, we’re a stronger team than anyone else! Honestly, I couldn’t imagine a better group of friends.”

"Oh, h-heh, that's....n-nice to hear, you guys. You don't m-mind if I pull up a seat do you?" Winston inquired, noticeably more confident with himself, after the thanks he received. Suddenly, the drizzile bounded forward towards the other 3, water balloon in hand.

"Umm, D-drizzile, what are you-?" Winston was cut off by the water lizard suddenly performing some sort of trick with the balloon. Winston was just impressed, more than anything.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"Hey Winston, can you reach my bed I think there is a pokeball under it" Schrift said. If he was right then that would mean he would have to tell her and Winston the truth.

"Um... s-sure thing." Winston said, reaching under the bed for the mysterious ball Schrift mentioned. When he found it, only after minutes of searching, he passed to Schrift.
"Here you go!" He said after doing so.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
"So you do care" he said to his pokeball. "so guys I can't hide this from you any longer but let me explain." A tremble in his voice was quite clear by this. " Do you guys remember Lumos before it was bad? Well before then it was my-" He paused ."My brother used to own it before the new boss, Jason Sharp. Well my brother loved pokemon he built that company from bottom to top. I loved my brother and he loved me, but he also loved Jason sharp, they were best friends.He trusted him" he said, as a tear rolled down his face

"Well that jack-ass killed my brother after he found out about the PRZ-12, that thing was meant to boost the power of pokemon too weak to evolve. My brother wanted to use it to help weaker pokemon, were as Jason wanted to use it to help the gangs he was working for. This ended up with Jason planting a Voltorb, that had PRZ-12, in the company building. Well me and my brother were on the top floor and when it went off we were stuck.The building was collapsing and fast. He did what he could to get out but it was impossible, the building was collapsing too quick for him to do anything. He then well did the only thing he could which was inject me with the PRZ-12.
This kinda made me part Pokemon, but only mentally. He did this to put me in a pokeball. They found us 3 days later in the rubble They didn't know I was in the pokeball till in the pokecentre. Jason took over the company and I was known as the guy who's brother makes trainerballs. In his will he gave me the only pokemon jason didn't take from him. Luxio or as I call it Hikari, but he doesn't like me because he blames me for his brother's death." By the end of this Schrift was a fountain of tears. The pokebll he was holding was now completely wet.

=Nightshade=

Aine was brought up short. Ooookay. Not what she was expecting, to say the least. She sat down on the edge of Schrift’s bed. “I’m... I’m sorry for your loss. Your brother sounds like he was a great person, and... it must have hurt you immensely. His death.”

The girl blinked away tears of her own. Spark raced down the side of her head and settled on her shoulder, expressing his approval of what she was going to do. She heaved a sigh.

“I...” she began, hesitating. “I don’t know what it feels like to lose a loved one. But I do know what it feels like to be alone.” Aine’s arm shook with apprehension as she lifted it to her head, stopped, then pushed her bangs away from her face to reveal the puckered red birthmark that marred her skin. “I’ve... always been... alone. Until now. And trust me, Schrift, you’re not alone either. We’re a team now, right? The four of us.”

Last edited:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
(Deleted the post where Izuku left)
Izuku nodded. "That's right, we're a team. And let's do our best to become the greatest trainer's we could be"

The next day

Izuku walked through the gates of the school, looking around to find the group. And then he saw Aine up ahead. "Hey, Aine!" shouted Izuku as we ran towards him while waving his had in the air. "I heard that we'd be put in dorm rooms today."

=Nightshade=

Aine looked at her reflection in the mirror. For the first time, she was not disgusted by what she saw. The birthmark was a part of who she was. It was high time she accepted it. She picked up a hair clip and pinned her bangs back, revealing the redness for the first time since she was six. Spark leaped onto her shoulder and she walked to the academy, waving to her mother and munching a granola bar on her way out.

The girl spotted Izuku near the academy. He waved to her and said something about dorms. Aine made a face. “Gross. If it’s separated by gender, I swear to Arceus I’m gonna puke.” Spark opened his tiny mouth and pointed a leg at it, the universal sign of, barf!

“Girls are so dull,” she continued. “And if you beat them in a battle, they’ll hold the biggest grudge. It’s terrible.” Aine changed the subject. “I wonder if Schrift and Winston are here yet.”

Last edited:

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"Well, we should wait for them. And don't worry, it's just random" said Izuku. While his raboot came and sat next to Spark. "But who knows, if luck is on our side. We might be with Winston and Schrift...Let's pray to Arceus that we are", Izuku suddenly got a call. He picked up

"Hello, mom?...wait..." Tears began to well up in Izuku's eyes, but quickly wiped them off...."What happened to dad...Oh...Ok..."

Izuku hung up and turned towards Aine, with tears filling his eyes.

=Nightshade=

Izuku was crying. Whatever that call had been about could not have been good. Aine didn’t want to pry, but she couldn’t help what she couldn’t relate to. Apprehension dominant in the tone of her voice, she asked, “What... what is it?” She never reacted well to seeing people cry, and felt tears pricking at her own eyes. She refused to let them fall. “Is it...” She couldn’t finish the sentence.

Tackywacky

Previously Nutraln00b
"...You know who team plasma is...right? well, they...they...Nevermind" Izuku didn't feel as if talking about it. Despite what he heard, he tried his best to remain calm. And quickly changed the subject, "So...anyway's, we should wait for the others". Rabbot looked over at Izuku and stood by his side, holding his hand. Izuku picked up raboot and sent out his hatenna. It seemed as if they were the ones to cheer him up whenever he's down, and he couldn't be more grateful for them.

=Nightshade=

“Mmm.” Aine lapsed into silence. Izuku obviously didn’t want to say more, so she didn’t press him. Awkwardly, she patted his shoulder, then turned to look back up the path as more students started to arrive. Her sharp eyes searched for the familiar heads of Winston and Schrift, the piercing blue gaze sweeping over each student individually, then moving on to continue her search. Spark nestled deep within the mess that was her hair, and she smiled slightly. Hopefully today would not be as screwed up as the day before.

Schrift

Previously Schrift007
Schrift walked into the school. He pushed past the crowd, that kept asking him about his arm. "Nothing much" he would always answer. He waddled across to Izuku and Aine. "Well, I was let out early" schrift laughed. He looked at Izuku's solemn face. "Sorry didn't mean to joke. Are you okay?" Stupid he thought to himself, if he had tears on his face it probably ment he wasn't ok. "So what did I miss?" He asked trying to move away from whatever was happening to Izuku.

Wandering nervously into the academy gates, Winston nervously scanned the crowd for the other 3. When he saw them, he ran over to them. Noticing the solemn expression on Izuku's face, Winston became all the more anxious. Slowly, he rummaged through his pockets, but couldn't find anything.