• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: A Summer's Break

Which of the newer Pokemon listed below is your favorite?

• Total voters
Violet used psychic and lifted the vest up onto the bed, setting it in front of her. Her two Eevee instantly woke up and stared at the chest. Violet used psychic on the chest again, but this time to unlock it. It made a satisfying click and popped open. Freddy and Goldie crawled over to it and peeped in. Freddy reached out to a brown one, but Goldie pulled him back. "There we go, problem solved" Violet said, smiling slightly.

(I almost called Violet Nuri O.O)

Syvery yawned before turning her eyes towards Icarus and Vio. Her eyes were half closed but she still watched quietly with interest. When the chest popped open she opened her eyes all the way.
"What are these?" She said, rubbing her eyes. Her eyes focused and she saw shiny collars. She jumped onto their bed and said,
"Are these the things that you and Icarus were wearing?" Syvery asked. She saw a cute Pink collar inside the chest but refrained herself from touching them, due to the incident that had happened earlier that day. However, she couldn't stop herself from admiring them. There were a huge amount of colors and each one of them seemed to have a special sparkle to it.

"Yea, they are. The ones that we were wearing - well, Vio still is- did stiff. Vio's can do ghost stuff, and my dumb one almost... ya know." Icarus informed Syvery. "Do you want one? Nobody else has touched 'em since Vio and I found 'em. Who knows, maybe you'll have better luck than I did. Just don't choose anything yellow if you want to avoid electricity... I think that's how it works..."

Icarus himself fished around for one, keeping his head tilted up so he couldn't see what he was grabbing. He was hoping for another ghost one, since that collar seemed less volatile than something like electricity. When he pulled his paw out of the box, he looked at his collar and shuddered immediately. "Dark blue... does that mean water? Not taking any chances." He said, shoving it back inside.

Again, he fished around for a collar, and after a solid 5 seconds, he pulled his paw back out. He grinned happily as he looked at Syvery and Violet. "Guys, check this one out! It's pink! Does that mean psychic? Will I be able to use psychic like you, Vio?" He exclaimed, his tail wagging furiously with excitement. He was still hesitant to put it on, because he wanted to know what the others would think. This collar, unlike the other ones that he picked up, appeared to have a button on it that released some sort of lock. That's good. So if I don't like it, I can take it off. Sweet. He thought as he waited for somebody's approval.

"Maybe" She said smiling. "Or maybe its fairy type, who knows?" She looked and found another pink collar, quite similar but the color was a little darker. "Which one do you think is fairy and psychic?" She pushed the collar towards Icarus.
She looked at the chest itself. The chest looked quite old, but at the same time it probably got buried under the sand or something else in that matter. Who would just throw away such strong and dangerous collars? She looked around and sighed before looking back up at Icarus.

Violet's collar started glowing, making her shudder and move back a little bit. Two collars came out of the chest, but they were glowing so nobody could see what they were. The two collars started moving towards Goldie and Freddy. The two Eevee closed their eyes instinctively and let the two collars clipped around the two Eevee's necks. They opened their eyes when the three collars stopped glowing.

Around Freddy's neck, there was a baby blue collar that had some type of navy blue crystal on it. Around Goldie's neck was a bright yellow one, but the pendant was a olden day stop watch that was bright yellow rimmed. The two Eevee looked at each other and smiled, then looked at Violet for approval, who nodded assuringly at them.

They took their bow ties and tied it to their collar, so it was on the side of it, out of their way. Violet smiled at Icarus "It'll make you look like a girl though" She stated, allowing her two Eevee to lay down and rest their heads on her chest.

Icarus watched the spectacle of the glowing collars with wonder. "That was cool! Now everyone get's one."

Syvery brought up the point that it could be Fairy typed, and Violet brought up that it would make him look like a girl. "Okay, first off, people already think I'm a girl, so I don't exactly see how this can hurt me. Unless it is Fairy type. Syv, yours is darker, so maybe that one is psychic. You can have this lighter one, if that's the one that you want." He said, switching the collars and snapping the darker one onto his neck by flinging it into the air and letting it fall onto him.

The collar shone brilliantly with a magenta hue before settling down. Icarus jumped off of the bed and looked at the counter. The rest of his Custap berry sat there, untouched. "Vio, how do you use your psychic? I wanna try it! I really hope this one works." He said, tail still wagging like a happy Lillipup.

Violet tilted her head "How to use psychic? It just happens, hut you should be calm, it all starts with a calm mind" She answered, then used psychic to lift her Sailor Moon comic and out it back in the folder with the others. "Presides, it's really hard, you need a lot of focus and you need to be calm, witch you have neither of them" Violet stated, turning to look at Icarus bluntly.

(Kay, thanks :p)

Icarus made a pouty face at Violet's statement. "Oh yeah? Watch me!" He said, sitting down with closed eyes, head tilted up at the berry.

M'kay, focus... focusing... on the berry... just gotta focus on the berry... oh Arceus I hope this isn't the fairy collar... is it working? Gah! Focus! Violet was right. Icarus was having a bit of difficulty clearing his mind and focusing. But something did happen. The berry shook violently on the plate it was on. Icarus had his eyes closed, but his tail was still wagging, and he was making a semi-angry face at nothing in particular. C'mon! I can't even tell if anything is happening! Wait, wait, gotta... clear my mind and focus... focus... focusing... hocus pocus, gotta focus... ew, that was bad... focusing... Eventually, the berry fell onto the floor. It wasn't very climactic, but Icarus was overjoyed. "Lookit! I made it fall down! Haha, I can do psychic now! Wahoo!" He said, running around and bouncing up and down like he was on a sugar high.

He ran up and jumped onto the bed with everyone again, hitting his head on the chest. "Ow. Whatever. I did it! Did you see that! The berry fell onto the ground! I moved it!... I think. Was that you? Whatever, I'mma go with it being my fault! Yeah!" He said, bouncing around on the bed.

"Alright, I did it just to make you happy" Violet whispered the last part to herself, then smiled at Icarus. "Well done!" She exclaimed, smiling victoriously.

Goldie blinked and watched Icarus, he saw that Violet put the berry back on the plate with her psychic, but it was about to roll off the plate, but then...

Zzzzzwwwiiiinnnggggg

The berry stopped midway, making Violet and even Freddy to gasp. Goldie looked down at the watched and saw that the two sticks were frozen and glowing. He tapped the watch and...

Zzzzzwwwiiiinnnggggg

The same sound rang though the room and the berry fell to the ground. "Woah...manipulation of time..." Violet wowed,Freddy giggled and wagged his tail.

Syvery clipped on the collar before smiling. "I like it!" She giggled and then said, "Good job!" She sneezed and a couple of sparkles came out but she didn't realize that. "I don't even know what I can do.. I'l figure it out eventually." She said as she watched Icarus and the others. Syvery watched as the Freddy and Goldie figured out their powers. Watching the berries stop in mid air, she looked at Goldie's pendent carefully. She felt uncomfortable with these relics of power, but only one accident had happened, that's not going to happen again.. Right?

Icarus was happily bouncing around, stopping for a moment in awe as Goldie froze the berry in mid-air, staying still for Syvery's strange sparkle sneeze, then continuing his bouncing. He felt kind of off knowing that the child who had broken out of the room and hid away from them now possessed the ability to control time, but shrugged it off as he remembered that Violet was there to take care of them. She was quite a good mother. "C'mon, guys! I wanna show the others! I wanna move stuff around with psychic again so everyone else can see! We gotta show Naya, and Helia, and Honolulu's group, and Luna, and-"

Knock knock knock.

Three loud knocks interrupted Icarus' rambling. "Strange, I don't remember anyone wanting to pay a visit." He said, looking at Violet.

"Hey. It's Hannah. I found Syvery, but she looks different, sounds different, and keeps trying to hit on me. Should I be concerned?"

Icarus looked at Violet and Syvery with genuine confusion. "But Vio, she's right here..." He whispered to his Ninetales friend, instinctively shielding the two children with his tail. "Why did she even go looking for Syvery? She wasn't lost."

After a brief nap up in the room, Helia was feeling chipper as ever, whistling a tune as she made her way down the hall. Maybe there was some food laid out in the buffet room? Only time would tell. She spotted Hannah, one third of the Servine trio, and decided that the whole "lone wolf" complex and idea was no fun anyways. Even better, she was just now knocking on the door to what looked like Vio and Icarus's room. If she wanted to now, she could either wait for them to do their thing and leave, or just swing on by.

So Helia sauntered up. The thought of this ever being a bad or intrusive idea never struck her mind in her cheery attitude.

"Hiya folks. Glad to see you around Hannah."

Helia's voice was heard from the other side of the door, and now Icarus was contemplating granting her entry with Hannah still outside. He decided to wait for a few seconds before actually doing anything.

Hannah held the Eevee behind her back with her vines as Helia appeared beside her. "Oh. Hello Helia. I was just here to give them back thei- hey! You come back here!" The Eevee broke free of the vines and ran away, annoying Hannah a lot. "Get back here, Syvery! The couple needs you back!"

"I! Am not! A Syvery! Nor will I ever be!" The masculine-sounding Eevee responded as he ran away from the Servine, who hastily chased it down the hall and straight into the cafe.

From inside of the room, Icarus heard yelling, and waited for silence. What just happened? Whatever. Icarus walked up to the door, making sure his collar was visible, and opened the door for Helia. "Hiya, Helia. What's up? Come in." He said, messing with his collar so it sat comfortably on top of his fluffy 'mane'.

"Well that was... looks like Hannah's gonna be occupied for a while. Hope I'm not barging in on anything. Just took a nap for about a thousand years, so I was in the mood for a little excitement." She headed on in, and from the trail of sand that stuck to the carpet in the doorway, they'd been up to something.

She glanced to the ancient wooden box in the corner of her eyes, filled up with collars similar to the one around his neck, before waving to Vio and the babies and... Syvery Sylvery? One of the two, or something like that at least. The little Eevee who'd run off before fit right in with their crew.

"Neat little toy you've got around your neck there. Looks like your collection's shaping up real nice, and you've got the whole family in on it too."

Violet laughed nervously "Hehe, that was to get Hannah to leave you alone....tell her that we found Sylvery when she comes back...hehe" Violet sweat-dropped, then watched Icarus and Helia, waving back in union with her two kids.

Freddy licked his lips "Sylvery? That n-no Sylvery!" He exclaimed, disagreeing with Hannah, his Sylvery was next to him. Goldie listened intently, hut didn't dare to try and speak a word.

Syvery was concentrating hard, trying to do something, anything with this new collar. Suddenly, a fog came over the ground, shrouding their feet. Looking at what she had done, she gasped and said, "It's Misty Terrain!" She played with the fog, creating peaks of mist. She went over to the corner of the room and even started attempting to create a little mist city. She then noticed the other Pokemon at the door. She lifted the mist over her, blurring her image so whoever was there couldn't see her.

"Kay. First off, holy cow, Freddy spoke! Second, holy cow, that's a huge cloud of mist, Syv... I think... and finally, holy c- er, yeah these are neat! Want one? They are crazy. Look at this."

Icarus went over to the berry and stared at it intently, but nothing happened. He tried to do that 'clear your mind' thing, and once he did so, he focused even harder on the berry. For a while, nothing happened. Icarus' ears drooped, and he felt sad - until the collar shone a bright magenta light. "What the-" He was about to speak when the aforementioned Custap berry shot off of the plate and dove right in to the cloud of mist in the blink of an eye. After the berry had disappeared, his collar stopped glowing. Filled with more energy and excitement, accompanied by a hint of concern and a dash of worry, he turned back to Helia. "These. Things. Are. Insane. Want one?" He asked, tail wagging wildly once again.

"Woah woah, how about yes! What kinda crazy— where did you get these things? What'dya they all do?" Helia was ecstatic, making her way to the collar pile with hardly a moment to spare. She pulled out the first one that caught her eye. A lovely and simple cerulean blue, just like her showcase costume's corset, and fastened it around her neck excitedly.

"Now how exactly does it... hm..." Helia had just then realized that she had no idea how this thing worked. She didn't feel any different. Deciding to experiment, she pulled her favorite stick from its place in her tail, making it alight on and off with flame, and causing a few berries levitate weakly in her psychic hold. So far, nothing about her usual powers had changed. A slight shiver struck her spine, and she realized that the room felt a little colder than it had before. It wasn't cold in a bad way, just suddenly different, and she reflexively rubbed her hands together, breathing some of her fiery breath to warm herself back up to standard.

Except... her breath wasn't fiery like normal. Helia's eye's widened. Her hands were now covered with a light frost, though when she tried to replicate the icy chill again, the surprise of the event had caused her to break focus, and a small flame shot from her mouth instead.

"These thing's are the best. Did you have to sell your soul for these collars? Where do you just get this kinda thing?" She was asking the questions out loud, hardly noticing as she did so. Rubbing her frosty hands together, she focused long and hard, thinking of the cold as she tried again. This time, the breath started as a chill, but quickly turned into a bout of steam, followed by straight fire yet again. Like a kid on Christmas, Helia kept doing it again and again, usually ending up with the steam, but still getting a little bit of frost in there each time.

Eventually exhausted, she panted as her vision darkened for just a bit as a wave of dizziness hit. Cackling joyously, she slumped to the floor, completely out of breath.

"These... things... are... great!" She managed to sputter out through delirious laughter.

"Soul? No, Vio and I found the box washed up on the beach. Nobody else touched it. We were the first and only ones to even know about it." Icarus said, still wagging his tail, now at the excitement of his collar's power and Helia's new collar, apparently and ice one.

Helia slumped down to the floor, laughing and swaying like a mad man. "I know, these things are awesome! Vio has one too, and so does Syv. Freddy and Goldie even have their own ones." He told the loopy Braixen, pointing to each Pokemon as he mentioned their names. "This is quite possibly the coolest thing ever! Wahoo!"

He jumped up, and as he did, his collar shone once more, and the berry shot up from within the mist and splattered against the ceiling above Syvery's mini-mist empire. Icarus calmed down after watching that happen, and the collar stopped once again. "Okay, that's cool and all, but control is something I need to figure out fast." He said, his face now expressing worry, but the rest of him still overjoyed. "Vio. Did you see that? That was insanity! Helia's got ice now, Syv's got fairy, I got psychic, you still have ghost, Goldie had freakin' time, and Freddy has - what does Freddy have?"

He took a closer look at Freddy's collar before backing off, tilting his head. "I dunno. But still! This is the coolest, right guys!?" He said, excitement once again building up inside of him as he bounced around like a rubber ball.

From a woozy Helia's perspective, there was something truly celestial about the berry splattering into the ceiling, and there was no stopping her now. She was rolling on the floor, roaring with laughter. A stream of fairly-consistent frost was falling from her mouth, and she covered it with both hands to prevent from coating their floors with snow. Breathing deep in and out, she eventually calmed down a bit, controlling her fit of laughter until the lightheaded feeling went away.

"H-hey Vio, check this out, I-I'm my own sauna!" She stuttered out through a couple of resisted giggles, taking in a deep breath as she blew a blast of heated steam up and around her. It did turn briefly into flames at the very end, but thanks to the fire-proofed carpeting, all was well.

Syvery backed up into her corner of mist and dropped into a crouch, dissapering from sight due to the cool mist.
"It's really cool but it seems a little.. weird." She said crawling on the ground. "Where did these come from and why were they on the beach?" She said, playing with the fog. "Maybe they were supposed to stay in the chest.." She said, disappointing herself. "But then again, something so dangerous wouldn't just be put in the wide open, would it?" She shook her head, causing waves in the fog. "I don't know, but it is pretty nice..."

Violet chuckled "Hehe, that's pretty cool!" She exclaimed, preventing herself from roaring with laughter. "By the way- when are we having the contest? Is it canceled?" She asked, then frowned.

Freddy wanted to sit by Sylvery, so be jumped off the bed and ran over to the mist and stopped in front of it. "Sylvery?" Freddy asked, pawing the mist.

Goldie watched Helia, but he watched her curiously, not like his normal timid flee-and-hide events.

Icarus' mood dropped again. "The Showcase. I forgot! When are we doing that?!"

He was hesitant to ramble about his worrying, for the last time he did that was with his electric collar, and he didn't want anything back happening with this psychic one. "I gotta learn dancing, and I still have to practice with my sparkle explosion moves! And I need to find someone who has done Showcases before to he- Naya."

A wave of realization hit Icarus. Naya had done Showcases before, she was a performer. If anyone was going to help, it was either her or Miss Meow, but he felt kind of awkward about bugging Miss Meow, and Arceus only knows where she went. "We can ask Naya for help on what to do, right guys? Unless you guys have done Showcases before and I wasn't aware. I mean, Syv, you seemed to be good at that PR Video stuff, and I know you aren't participating in the Showcase... I think... but maybe you can help us as well. Just spittin' out ideas." He said to everyone.

Icarus watched Freddy approach the mist. He walked closer to Freddy and bent down to his level. "There's no need to fear the mist. Syvery is in there, you'll find her." He whispered before getting back up to converse with Violet and the dazed Helia. Is that what I looked like after getting hit with a Sweet Scent? Huh. Noted. Icarus thought, carefully observing Helia so she didn't hurt herself.

"Sure, I can help," Syvery said popping up from the mist. She poked Freddy and giggled. "Hellloo!" She then dove back into the mist but instead she left her tail visible. She then sat down and thought. She had to have a partner to go into the next round. Looking around, she thought of some ideas. She used a lone swift through the mist. This time when she hit it again, the swift had turned white and exploded sparkles which pushed the mist away in a circle like way. She then moved back behind her Mist shroud to think, as she started noticing the Mist getting thinner.

Back at the beach, after a long moment of silence, Spectre turned to Luna. "So what do we do now?" he asked. 'I wonder what time it is?' the Mismagius thought.

Luna shrugged. "I don't know...Is there anything else that we can do that we missed?" she asked. The Gardevoir tried to recall what else there was at the hotel but now she was having a hard time remembering.

Luna thought for a moment before sighing with a smile. "The pool sounds nice. Where's that at?" she asked. A swim was something she'd already done so maybe it would just be an afternoon, lounging at poolside and relaxing...IF no other Pokemon would be there to bother her.

Icarus was happy to hear that Syvery could help with Showcase training. After watching her PR Video, he was astonished at her skills. Speaking of... "Hey, Syv, can we show Helia your PR Video? If you say no, then I don't mind, but it's just something I felt like I should ask you before I do something you don't like." He called to her through the slowly fading mist.

He walked back over to Helia, who was less loopy than previously, and sat in front of her. Patiently, he waited for Syvery's decision, while staring up at the splattered Custap berry on the ceiling. "I gotta find a way to clean that up... ugh." He muttered to himself, his face going from a happy one to an unpleasantly annoyed one.

(OOC: In case you haven't read this in the discussion thread, I've gotta leave Pokecharms in a few days as my parents are sending me off irl for health reasons. I don't want anyone to worry about me or any of that, but I am putting together a few final posts to conclude Helia's time in the resort)

Signaling a time out, Helia was once more needing to catch her breath after the little sauna stunt. Inevitably, she had given herself a massive headache.

"Uh, we might have to wait on that." She panted, suddenly on the floor again. "I'm just gonna stop by Honolulu's and my room real quick and then we can VR it up all day, aight?"

Hobbling to the door, Helia let herself out. Her walking was all well and good, though with a smile on her face, she realized how much working with the collar had worn her out. A short walk down the hallway to the shared room later, she headed on inside, initially planning to crash on the bed, but stopped when a blur of brown feathers caught her eye on the resort room balcony. Was that...

"Virgil?" She exclaimed, throwing open the sliding glass door to allow entry to the Pidgeotto. "What are you doing here? How'd you get in? Also, how'd you even know this was my room?"

Gruffly, he replied. "I have wings. I used them—HEY! Put me down already." He thrashed wildly in Helia's grip, and she noogied his head endearingly with her fist. Finally free, he answered again. "I just knew I would find you bunking with a pretty girl somewhere. Took some searching, got yelled at a few times, yet here you are."

"Oh you know me so well, you great big Combusken." She smiled doofily, preparing a stance to tackle him just for the sake of scaring him. "How's Dune, and the rest of the crew?"

At the mention of his trainer, Virgil visibly tensed, speaking solemnly as he broke the news. "The falling out between them has gotten worse. The crew's splitting up into factions Helia, some of us are getting sent off and... Marcel needs you to come home."

Ears drooping, Helia saddened. "Oh I—I understand. It was bound to happen right? Only had a few days left anyways." Despite what all she was saying, the tears in her eyes begged to differ. "Oh come on now, I'm not meaning to cry Virg, I swear. It'd only been a short while but... I've got some friends I need to say goodbye to."

The Pigeotto wasn't the best at empathizing, but he had a soul. "I get it, it's fine, but don't take too long. From what I hear, Michionne might be getting released. I'm your ride home, so I have to come with you for this."

"Sure Virg, it's fine. I'll be quick."

With that, the two took to the hallways yet again, stopping by Icarus and Vio's door one last time.

Syvery wore a worried look. "U-um.. Do you have too?" She said. She sat down and said, "I think it's already public and on the internet, but she can watch it if she wants." She shyed away onto her bed as the Mist disappeared and layed down. When Freddy jumped up next to her, she gave a smile before noticing a Frost slowly coating the blankets, starting from where Freddy sat. "Um.. Vio I think I found his power" She said before she herself looked at the door and heard something outside. She quickly dove into the blankets and watched from the darkness.

Icarus was semi-distracted by Syvery and Freddy when he heard a noise outside of the door. He walked back to the door and opened it to see Helia and a Pidgeotto standing there. "H-Helia? Who's this? What's goin' on, is there something the matter?" He asked, his previously over-excited attitude replaced with one of confusion.

Who was this Pidgeotto? He hadn't seen any Pidgeottos there before, and from the looks of things, Helia knew the bird well. "I'm Icarus, a friend of Helia's. N-nice to meet you...?" He said, sounding like more of a question thanks to him not being well acquainted with Helia's 'friend', thus forcing his shy attitude out from the shadows once more.

Two minutes ago Honolulu had had a "Future Flash" (as she called it) of a Pidgeotto in her in Helia's room she rushed over as fast as she could and arrived seconds after Icarus. Sure enough, the "Future Flash" was right and there was a Pidgeotto in the room. She had a feeling that 1. Helia and the Pidgeotto knew each other and 2. There was going to be bad news involving Helia.

"Hiya Icarus." Helia mustered a smile, still a bit somber, while Honolulu had just turned the corner and rushed up to join them. "Hiya Honolulu, you're just in time. So, this guy here is my pal Virgil—"

"A pleasure." He stopped her to say.

"—and he's with the trainer that mine is now on sorta bad terms with and... I gotta go home. Some of my other crewmate buddies might be getting released, and I don't know what I'm supposed to do once I get there, but I still gotta be there for them, you know? I'm sorry, I just—wish I coulda gotten to stay longer. It was bound to happen, but hey, you guys were the most fun I've had in years, y'know that? I just stopped by a few quick buh-byes. I don't even think I have time to go find wherever Missy went off to, and I gotta apologize to Hannah and Bella and Olivia for making me a costume I won't get to use, and then there's Naya, and Luna, and you Honolulu, and all of your crew, and Vio and Syvery and all the babies too, and—Virgil, there's no time for all of that, is there?"

"You've got some time, but I'm afraid not all of that." He said, feeling a little guilty for coming to whisk her away in the middle of her prime.

"Fine, I'll just say that it's been an adventure guys. I've sailed oceans for days at a time, but for real, this was all so great, and I'm so grateful for that. I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, you guys would be willing to see me off outside?"

"Sure thing. And Helia, I hope everything turns out alright in the end for you." Honolulu said. She understood the circumstances. And she was going to miss Helia being her roommate, even if it had been for a short time and she had barely known the Braixen. "It's been a pleasure having you for a roommate Helia. Safe travels."

Helia was leaving. She was really leaving. It felt like Icarus took a Close Combat to his heart. He had barely known her for a while, but easily warmed up to her. "Yeah, I-I can go with ya..." He said, trying to keep a smile on his face and not show any negative emotions. He didn't want this to become a feelings-fest.

He waved Violet, Syvery, and the children over, signalling for them to follow, and made his way to where Helia requested him to be. "It really has been fun, Helia. Maybe we'll meet again someday." He said, trying to fight back his emotions, but letting a single tear slip by.

They had headed to just outside of the resort, and Virgil circled around just above to give everyone some space. Helia had already thrown together the few things she had brought in a large makeshift bindle, and she carried the cloth sack easily over her shoulder. She hesitated with the showcase costume, pondering whether or not she was supposed to keep it, before donning the corset and flowing blue tunic with certainty.

She wasn't supposed to be sad right now. Well, bittersweet maybe, but she was supposed to be celebrating these last few moments with her friends. Heart rising a bit from the pit of her stomach, she let the tears bead up in her eyes as she looked over everyone one more time.

"Honolulu, like you said, it was short, but it was fantastic being your roommate. You and your pals were always there in times of trouble, and sometimes even helped to stew up even more. Give a them some solid goodbyes for me in my place, you hear? Vio, Icarus, Syvery, and double-trouble, you've got your work cut out for you together, but in your heart of hearts, you'll always be a family. Icarus, good luck being a dad, not that you're gonna need it. Vio, take a load off every now and again, you deserve one. Syv, it's too bad I didn't get to know you better. Good luck surviving these guys and their shenanigans, still looking to see that VR video someday. And finally, you two." She hesitantly patted Goldie and Freddy on the head. Chuckling despite the lack of humor. "You've got quite the shoes to fill with parents like these, but truth be told, you're already halfway there. I'm not sure if there's some kinda etiquette for someone giving goodbyes for someone else who's already gone, but if you could, tell Naya that she's letting guilt weigh her down, and that she's the last person who deserves to feel guilty for anything. Oh, and I was loving the flower crown." She joked. "And the Servine sisters, make sure they know that they really spiced things up, in a good way, and thanks for the costume, assuming I'm supposed to keep it, which I am."

She went in for a final hug with everyone who would allow her, and unwrapped her purple bandanna from her head as an offering. "I don't really know how or who to give this to. Maybe you guys could divvy it up or something, just as something to remember me by? Tell Missy that her bodyguard's due for retirement, but not to worry. Maybe, just maybe, one day good ol' Helia will be looking out for her from the skies." She thumped her hand against her chest proudly, hefting the bindle in her left, and raising her right up above her, looking up at Virgil expectantly. "Literally." She smirked, and the sizable Pidgeotto neared the ground in a dive.

"Tally-ho, gang! Here's to a not-so final goodbye!"

And with that, he swooped down and whisked her right off of the ground. Holding tight to his talons, she waved enthusiastically with a free hand. Inspired by the dramatic moment, she let instinct take over, as she shot a blast of frost and fire together, side by side. The opposites swirled around one another, sending small amounts of steam to fill the air, until the ice and flame triggered one another in an explosion of sparkles. They were blown wildly about by the beats of Virgil's wings as the two flew away, leaving swirling trails of icy blue and flaming orange to set the sky ablaze. Helia had forgotten that she even had the thing on, and hoped to Arceus that they had another one, because there was no stopping Virgil now.

Finally, the intensity of the sparkles had faded, leaving the faint glow of purple that remained to settle on the ground, and on one final, absolutely final note, she shouted over the wisp of the wind as they approached the horizon.

"And don't forget! This isn't goodbye!"

And though tears fell freely from her eyes as she called out, she couldn't help but crack the biggest smile yet.