• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokemon: A Journey Across the Land RP

Gabriel was about to take the bait when he finally came to his senses.
"Well then Touko Poppyfrost, we should discuss this later" Gabriel said with his voice still low enough for only Touko to hear. He still had no intention to start anything up right here and now. So instead he started to walk back towards Viridian City. Blaze was relieved and followed quickly. Blaze was now unsure if he actually wanted the Snivy and her trainer to come along. He wanted someone to play with but if the human made Gabriel act like that, he didn't want either of them anywhere near his trainer

"What's stopping us discussing it now?" Touko hissed, following after him. They were both out of earshot now, therefore able to talk at a slightly higher volume. Serpentine was getting increasingly agitated with her trainer's cockiness, and jumped on her shoulder, squeaking furiously and attempting to get her to back dowm. But, Touko unfortunately had fallen victim to her occasional one-track-mind, meaning that she was trying all she could to bait the boy. She didn't even know what she was baiting him into doing, she just... missed the roughness of home, hated how everyone except him was so outwardly polite. Maybe that was what made her follow him. "I can tell you're not a numskull, Gabriel," she continued, "So... what are you gonna do? Just let me go when you have no idea 'who I am'?"

"I'm not discussing it over there! The kids would just get in the way. And what is this 'numskull'-crap!? No, i'm not gonna let you leave. I want answers. What i'm gonna ask you'll see when we've come to a place where we can talk undisturbed" Gabriel said. His behaviour right now shocked himself. Why did he want these answers so bad? Touko could do whatever she wanted. It wasn't his problem. But he still found himself wanting to know all about her. No particular reason, he just wanted to know. Blaze was getting more worried by the second. He didn't like what was happening. He shot a glance of uncertainty and fear up at Serpentine. He hoped she would understand.

"A regional dialect," Touko replied to his 'numskull' question, grinning a devious grin. They walked in silence for a few moments before they entered Viridian, and Touko looked over to the other with a look of both mischeif and annoyance in her eyes. She questioned even herself at this very moment, wondering why she hadn't just bolted yet. Guzma was the only one who ever told her what to do. Yet, she foud herself compliant, almost as if she wanted himto know who she was. She turned into an alleyway, beckoning Gabriel in- it was a narrow alley, filled with skips and graffiti. No-one would want to go in there, that was for sure. Serpentine, meanwhile, understood Blaze's worried glance, and jumped down from her trainer's shoulder to join the Charmander. The Snivy offered the Charmander a look that said, I'm so sorry! and subsequently squeaked in second-hand remorse.

Gabriel nodded at Touko's reply. When they entered the alleyway, he thought it would be safe to finally begin questioning Touko. He turned towards her with a very angry expression.
"Alright, i want to know everything. Don't lie to me. Tell me everything. Why you're here, and who you work for" Gabriel said. He was unsure if she actually did work for someone but that didn't matter now. All that mattered was what she wasn't trustworthy. Why did that matter though? He didn't care about other people. He only cared about Blaze. No one else. He shrugged off the thought and kept glaring at Touko.
"Char" Blaze let out as if to say that it wasn't Serpentine's fault. Because it wasn't. This was about the humans. Blaze had never seen Gabriel act this way and it scared him a lot

She knew that now was the time to finally say the words she would have said days ago if she were back home in Alola. Her gaze lingered on his face, steely and almost hostile. Serpentine stepped back, attempting to grab Blaze’s hand and bring him back with her to ensure that neither of them got hurt. “I’m Touko Poppyfrost, but you already knew that,” she began. “I work for Team Skull and I am here to get as many rare Pokémon as I possibly can, by any means necessary. What I said last night wasn’t a lie, though- it doesn’t pay much and I’m here on work provisions. Satisfied?”

Of course, Guzma would have killed her if he heard her right now, explaining away her entire mission. She was here undercover. Why was she even telling him? She could have run away a long time ago, she knew how to get away from people. Enough of her life had been spent winding around alleyways and hiding in uncomfortable but effective hiding spots. So why had she not run away, knowing she had this experience??

Gabriel was shocked by this information. He had been suspiscious of her but he had no idea this was what she did for a living. In fact, he hadn't had any thought on what she actually were doing here. On the other hand, he now knew where he recognized that pendant. After he had gotten past the initial chock he started talking.
"Team skull? So you're a thief?" He said, rather calm yet with an angry tone. His hands moved up to the pocket on the hoodie where his knife was. Blaze saw that Serpentine tried getting a grip on his hand and met her part way. It made him a bit more comfortable but he was still really scared of what would happen. And worried about Gabriel. He could see the human boy pulling out the metallic thing that resembled a claw, only a lot sharper

“Yes, I am.” she nodded, approving his suspicions. It felt strangely nice to reveal this information; even though the whole point of her mission was to stay undercover, finally saying what her real intentions were was... refreshing, to say the least. Her eyes flickered across to where he was reaching, and followed the knife as it glinted in the sallow morning sun. A smile spread across her lips, though there was a certain sadness in her eyes that hadn’t been there before. “Dude, I’ve had enough knives pulled on me to be prepared for that,” she murmured, referencing her rough life in Po Town- there, you always had to be on high alert. Swiftly, she took her own knife out of her hoodie pocket, and held it inches away from Gabriel’s knife, looking at him with eyes that said, I dare you.

Gabriel was a little surprised that Touko also had a knife. But it made sense as she was a part of Team Skull. Even if he didn't like it, he started to feel respect for the girl. She obviously knew how it was to live on the streets. And she knew how to take care of herself. But she's also balanced a job on top of that. Not a good job but still a job. That's not very easy to handle. Certainly not something he would be able to. But he wasn't about to back down because he respected her.
"I expect as much. But let me tell you a secret, i've had too" Gabriel said and hurriedly removed his glove that he kept to hide his scar. The glove would only get in the way right now. And he'd be lying if he said he didn't want to show the scar off a bit. He met Touko's challenging look with his own. Now, everything was about who would make the first move.

Clement walked up to the duo, spinning his poke ball in his hand, clearly flustered from not finding anything. As always, Richter followed close behind him, though not completely at his heels. "What's going on here? You clearly know something you don't want the others to. Why is that?" He then glanced over to Touko, giving her a glare of intense suspicion, before shifting his gaze. "I don't know if I trust ANY of you, alright? I just spontaneously joined this group - I won't hesitate, if you're trying to jeopardize any of us." He stopped, waiting for an answer to his last question, thinking of the Pokemon he's going to catch once this has been dealt with.

(Sorry for the crappy post I just woke up)

"I don't want to go personal on you Kadabra-guy but, let me handle this. You would only get in the way. Blaze, go over to him while i handle this" Gabriel said, still with his eyes fixated on Touko. He flashed his knife for the guy to show that he was serious.
"And don't even think about involving the Pokémon. This is a human matter. Blaze pulled in Serpentine's arm and pointed at the Kadabra as if to say that they should go over there.
"Char!" He said, still with the scared tone in his voice. Himself just went over to the Kadabra and hugged it's leg to feel safer. He didn't even care that he didn't know the Pokémon

Clement gave Gabriel the glare of a thousand suns. "Are you shitting me? Was that a threat, you piece of garbage? Listen. My family back in Kalos, are Millionaires. If you kill me, or anybody else, I can make your life miserable. You understand me, big balls?" He chuckled, before walking back towards Richter - once again searching for Pokemon.

As he did this, he spotted a Bellsprout crawling through the bushes. He grinned, pressing the release on the poke ball, and lobbing it over. It bonked the Pokemon straight on the head, before it turned into red light - disappearing into the ball. Several moments passed, before the ball jumped up, a sign of a job well done. Clement grinned. "Logan. I'll call you Logan." Again, this showed Clements remarkable ability to transition from different situations with general ease and lack of social jet lag, if you will.

He let out the Bellsprout, as it made a jovial: "Sprout, Sprout!" and immediately ran over to Richter.

Last edited:
Touko had stayed very quiet, abnormally do, throughout the ordeal, and stood against the wall, her dark maroon eyes staring down the boys as they shouted at eachother. She felt as if she were on a pedestal- she felt dangerous, and she relished that. A smile spread across her lips as the boy with the Kadabra stormed away from the scene, and once he disappeared out of earshot, she suddenly began to giggle to herself. "Cocky bastard," she breathed, her smile growing wider. "Millionaire... what's he doin', tryin' to rub our faces in it? Pfft."

Serpentine in the meantime was backing away even from her own trainer, and the fear in her eyes caught Touko's gaze. The Alolan girl frowned, her tunnel-vision dispersing; she was scaring her life-partner. What the hell was she doing? "We... need to stop this. Look at Blaze and Serpentine," Touko said, nodding her head toward the anxious pair.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"So Kiera,are we gonna go without him?"asked Luke when Nurses took away Max.
"I mean I want him to come with us but it seems he will be sick for a really long time. Yeah and by the way I texted to his parents that he got sick so they dont worry"said Luke

Gabriel had shrugged at the boy's so called insults. 'Big balls' he took as a compliment but all the other stuff he didn't give a crap about. His life was already miserable so there was no reason to care. He heard what Touko said and looked down at the two Pokémon. He saw fear in both of them. Even if he hated to admit it, the girl was right. But he was still gonna have a talk with her about this.
"Fine. But this isn't over. We will talk more about this" he said. The angry tone lingered in his voice as he said that. He had no idea what more there was to say about it but he still didn't want to let it go. Why he didn't want to let it go was, of course, still a mystery to him. He put his knife back into his pocket and backed away from Touko with a few deep breaths. Then he looked down at Blaze again.
"I'm sorry. It's fine now. There's nothing to be afraid of" he said to the little lizard. Blaze heard that Gabriel was sincere about that and slowly approached him again.

"What excactly more is there to talk about?" Touko shrugged, her tone no longer condescending but actually sincere for once- a truly rare occurence. She'd told him her intentions, and he probably didn't want to have any more association with her anymore; something she shouldn't care about. She was a member of a Team, she shouldn't give a single crap about anyone. And she didn't, except herself and Serpentine... and now Henry, she supposed. Those were her worries, and all the worries she wanted to have. Her eyes met with Serpentine's yet again, and she pursed her lips, cautiously picking up the Snivy. "Sorry, Serpentine." she murmured. "Didn't mean to scare ya. You know me, right?" She spoke to soothe Serpentine- she always liked it when Touko reassured her. "Always gettin' into trouble. I wish I listened to ya more, gal." She heard Gabriel apologise to his own partner, and a strange respect emerged from the depths of her closed-off heart. After seeing the scar on his hand, presumable from some sort of knife attack, she felt as if he were a kindred spirit, having gone through similar things as herself.

A_Normal_Snivy

Previously Team Rainbow Hope
Alex was too scared to move. Everyone was fighting! "No no no no no!", she thought, "Why can't we all be friends like yesterday?" But things calmed down a bit. For now. And then, of course, so did she. For now. She looked towards Touko. Trying to be happy again, she said, "Can I get an Eevee too? Just like yours?", she said, and for extra measure, she did a happy dance. Nido continued to stare at her. He definetly wasn't impressed.

Her joy had to wait, for a Ponyta then hopped out of the bushes, seeming to be searching for the one caught earlier. "Perfect!", Alex whispered, "Touko will love it! And once evolves, she can ride it! Then everyone will be happy!" She threw a pokeball at it, giving the element of surprise. 1...2...3...click! "That....", she thought, "was quick." She turned towards Touko, aukwardly shoving the pokeball into her hands. "HERE.", she exclaimed, "IT'S A PONYTA."

Touko offered Alex a strange glance as she did the happy dance, wondering what exactly was going on inside her head. Perhaps it was just something she enjoyed doing- Touko could definitely respect that. “I dunno, you’d have to find one. Since mine was given to me on work provisions.” she said, continuing the lie from earlier. No one had to know she’d stolen the Eevee, that was something not even Gabriel knew- though she didn’t doubt that he’d question her about that, too. She could just run away, hoping that the others would never catch her up, but.... there was something stopping her from doing so. And as if her thoughts couldn’t get any more muddled, Alex offered her a Pokéball, that apparently contained a Ponyta. “Arceus, seriously?? You’re just gonna give it to me? I don’t even have to... catch it?” She hesitated before the word ‘catch’. I all honesty, Touko has never caught a Pokémon for herself, not even Serpentine. She gratefully took the Ponyta, smiling at Alex, her eyes still strangely dark but it was clear she felt some form of happiness. “Hey, thanks!! I’ll have to think of a name.”

Gabriel didn't have an answer to the question Touko had given him earlier. He wished he had. But he didn't. Hopefully she forgot the question as the Purrloin-girl gave her a Ponyta. That was a weird thing to do in his opinion but she could do whatever she wanted. It didn't matter to him in the slightest. Blaze walked up to Gabriel again and gave him a hug as tears of relief fell to the ground.
"Char..." he said happily. He bit Gabriel in the leg as if to say that he shouldn't do that ever again.
"I know i'm sorry, Blaze" Gabriel said as he picked the little Charmander up in his arms. He shot a glance of disbelief at Touko when she said that she got the Eevee on work provisions. She was a part of Team Skull. They steal. Even Pokémon. He didn't believe she had gotten that Eevee from her work at all. But he wasn't gonna act on that. For now atleast. Now he knew what else there was to talk about but he couldn't say it out loud. At this point he had given up on listening on himself about how this wasn't like him because he would just continue to do the opposite of what he usually did anyway.

A_Normal_Snivy

Previously Team Rainbow Hope
Alex smiled, but internally she was freaking out. "Crap!", she thought, "Nobody gives pokemon to others without a trade or something! What will they think of you now?" But Touko seemed pleased, so that was good. Very good. "Well then maybe I can find a Eevee on my own, and then they'll be best friends!", she chirped, replying to Touko's comment. But Gabriel...what was his deal? She caught a glimpse of him, staring at Touko in disbelief. "Is he jealous or something?", she thought. But that, like most doubts at the moment, was brushed aside. She didn't have any friends in Kanto, and she felt like she almost lost them yesterday. "Even if they're acting strange", she thought, "I can't let myself lose them" She jolted back to reality after being lost in thought and smiled again. "Yaay!", she blurted, dancing again.
(Sorry for all the dialogue I'm trying to write longer posts)

Of course, Touko had not forgotten her question- though, she figured she’d have to see whether Gabriel further pursued any suspicions he had. She caught his eye for a moment, holding his gaze for a few seconds, seeming to say that she knew it wasn’t over. The way he treated Blaze, though, was admirable to her- the relationship the Charmander had with the boy somewhat reminded her of herself and Serpentine; supportive, open and trusting, unlike any bond she had with a human. Serpentine, now comforted that her trained had calmed down, scaled Touko’s form in her usual fashion to perch on her shoulder. “You get a free taxi service, you pesky lil’ snake.” Touko teased, gently tickling the Snivy under her chin, causing Serpentine to squeak in laughter. Her thoughts then snapped back to Alex as she seemed to celebrate Touko’s liking of the gift of the Ponyta. Her eyes drifted down to the Nidoran, who didn’t look very impressed- this amused her to an extent she couldn’t articulate. “Well, thanks again Alex. I’m sure they’ll come in handy.”

"I think it would be best not to bring him along on the journey. He might just get worse." The nurse nodded in agreement and told them that she would take care of him and try to make him better. Kiera and Luke walk outside and she looks at Luke. "I am a little worried about him but there was nothing we could do."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Yes,dont feelbad. We done what we could." said Luke kinda disapointed.
"So are we gonna go to Pewter. I would really want to earn my first badge." said Luke changing theme as fast as he could

Kiera decided to try to cheer up too. She noticed the quick change in the current topic but ignored it. "Yeah, sure. Again, I don't know the way that well so can you guide me?" She walked behind Luke to get in a line.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"I am not from Kanto but I understand in maps. Now follow me to Viridian forest and there we will find way for Pewter." said Luke. He was glad to see that she wanted to cheer up. That put smile on his face

(This post is probably bad but i felt like i had to make it so we wouldn't stand still)

Gabriel saw in Touko's eyes that she knew this wasn't over and nodded in confirmation. He could see that she loved her Snivy though. He had no idea Touko thought the same thing, but their relationship reminded him of himself and Blaze. He respected that. But now they were all done here so they should leave.
"We should go now. You coming?" He said. He asked both girls so he wouldn't leave anyone out. One thing surprised him though, this time, Blaze didn't have to wave for them himself. Gabriel actually asked if they wanted to come. For some reason he wanted Touko near him. He failed to convince himself it was just to keep an eye on her. But there was no other reason for him to stay with her, except for Blaze of course, so he shook off the thought. He turned away to start to walk towards Pewter City and Blaze, even if Gabriel asked them to join, waved for everyone to follow out of habit

Levi waved, hopping onto his bike and riding towards Gabriel. Levi's Charmander hopped onto his back and kept biting his nape, and Levi tried to ignore before it started to get actually painful, he then just retrieved it to its PokéBall, putting the PokéBall back into the bag. Levi got off his bike, standing next to Gabriel. "So, what is up with that girl? I heard some conversation but I wasn't paying attention because of that Pokémon I was catching," Levi said, turning his head to Gabriel and smirking. "You like her, no? I know you do!" Levi said, giggling before turning back forwards.

(Sorry, I know that it is short, I just wanted to interact)

Gabriel felt busted when the bike-guy said that he knew that Gabriel liked Touko and blushed. His blush was so small that it was very easy to miss, but it was there.
"No i don't like her. Why would i?" Gabriel said and hoped that Touko wouldn't hear. Why didn't he want her to hear though? He shook away those thoughts because they would just confuse him. He focused on the other thing the boy had said.
"You're gonna have to ask her if you want to know what's up with her. I only answer for myself" he said. He turned back towards Touko and Alex to ask if they were coming again.
"Are you coming or not?" He asked again and waited patiently for a reply

“Yeah, sure, I’ll come. I have nothing better to do.” That was of course what she said out loud, but inside she felt like there was some other reason. Despite his obvious suspicions and frustrations with her, for some reason Touko felt genuinely as if she wanted to explore more of Kanto alongside him. Perhaps she felt a sort of kindred spirit- she’d spent her life holed up in a walled town with all the people inside it being thugs like herself, so it was a sort of... familiarity, one could say, that made her want to stay with the other. She would keep telling that to herself, since that was what she wanted to think- she didn’t have time for friends or any sort of relationship really, be it platonic or romantic. “So are we heading to Pewter Cuty?” She asked, tilting her head- the question might have been asked before but the grunt had temporarily zoned out in shock after having received the surprise Ponyta from Alex.

Gabriel nodded but on the inside there was a small celebration that she decided to join. He saw Touko tilt her head and found it to be... odd. But it still caused a warm feeling inside of him and the blush he had earlier grew slightly bigger, though it was still hard to notice. He wondered why he felt like that. And what the feeling was.
"Yeah we're going towards Pewter City. Anyone's free to join really" he said though he preffered that they would decline. He didn't actually want anyone to join. Besides Touko for some weird reason. What he told himself was that he wanted to keep an eye on her, though he deep down knew that wasn't true. He turned in the direction of Route 2 and began to walk, with Blaze walking beside him

A smile couldn’t help but grace her lips as he nodded, glad she was permitted to come along. Why did she even care, though? She would have gone to Pewter anyway, she didn’t need his approval. Serpentine frowned, sensing her trainer’s inner confusion, and bared her fangs trying to work out what was wrong with her. Touko started to walk toward Route 2 as well, looking at the unfamiliar path with a steely maroon gaze. Everything was so alien to her, here- she didn’t know where to go, what to do, how she felt, and the fresh air of the Route as she walked toward it beckoned her like a cruel reminder of home, of blazing through the trees and undergrowth into the night-lit Maile City, swiping jewellery and Heart Scales to her hearts content. She missed Alola, after only two days away from it- of course, Po Town was rough and plenty of things happened there that weren’t particularly nice, to say the least; just the week before she had departed from Alola, a friend of hers named Gershwin Adams had been struck by a Poison Fang that was meant for herself, leaving him seizing and foaming. She hadn’t seen him since. As she was thinking about this, it could be noted that the girl had a certain area of melancholy around her.

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"So Kiera (@KieraTheKirlia ),where are you from? I dont think nothing bad,I was just wondering because it seems you dont know this place much. And we are traveling alone so I dont have anyone to talk to except you." said Luke while Kiera and him were entering Viridian Forest

"Oh, well I came from Johto and moved here a couple months ago. Never got the time to explore past Route 1 because I didn't have a Pokemon that could protect me. Vee is a good Pokemom but I needed somebody else to protect me in case something went wrong." She kicked a stone on the path they were walking. "I want to make sure Vee gets stronger."

Levi followed them, carrying his bike with him, he then slowly turned his head to Touko, smirking. "Well, I've been seeing that you two were talking a lot, and I have a question that isn't really a question because I surely know the answer; do you like Gabriel?" Levi said, giggling, and looking at Touko. "I'm sure you do! Awww, I wish I had my friend with me, he'd make this so fun, even tho he is a bit nerdy," Levi said, frowning and rolling his eye away, thinking of his friend, who is blonde and has green eyes. "Ahhh, good times, but he sadly won't come to Kanto so soon, but I hope he comes!" Levi said, smiling.

Gabriel thought the bike-guy was getting annoying. Couldn't he just mind his own business?
"Mind your own business. Why does it matter to you anyway?" He said a little annoyed. It felt a little good, to tell him off for Touko. Especially since she looked sad. But why did it feel good? It confused him. Blaze heard the annoyance in Gabriel's voice and grew cautious. It sounded familliar to when they were in that alley and both Touko and Gabriel pulled out their knives. Not exactly the same but similar. He was scared that the same thing would happen again. This time with that boy. Gabriel seemed confused though. Blaze wanted to help his trainer with whatever was confusing him but somehow he knew that was impossible

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Maybe I can help you. Here is the deal. I will let your Vee to win against my Ziggy. Then it have to get stronger. Or if you want real fight I can send Dino too." said Luke

Touko had opened her mouth to respond scathingly and with an edge of irritation the the boy's question, but it seemed Gabriel had yet again beaten her to the punch with that one. She tried to banish the thought out of her mind that she was in fact quite happy to be defended- because Touko Poppyfrost fights her own battles; she's a thug, a thief and a liar; she's a tough cookie and she doesn't need someone to defend her. Yet she didn't voice these gripes, though she usually would- it was a well-known fact that the girl seemingly had no filter, yet now such a filter suddenly existed. "Yeah, what he said," murmured the girl somewhat reluctantly. "What we've been talking about is probably something your tiny mind can't comprehend, so I recommend you stay out." She felt redundant making such a statement, but... she felt as if she needed to contribute something, even if it was absulutely useless.

// i had to speed type this because i'm leaving in like 10 minutes for a holiday, i'll still be able to post though
alSO-
THIS IS MY 1000th POST!

Vee shook her head because she was scared. "Aw come on! You won't get hurt, but you need to get stronger in some what, rare candy are too expensive." She shook her head at Luke. "I don't want to rush it. I think in a while she will be able to but she is young right now."

MihajloJedi

Previously m1h4jl0
"Well,do you want to catch Pokemon than. Someone that is atcualy able to fight?"asked Mickey while they were walking throught Viridian forest
"It is kinda cold here"said Mickey and looked up where it wasnt able to see sky

Gabriel sighed and shifted his gaze to look forward.
"Let's just continue. We should get pretty close to the entrance of Viridian Forest now. After that it'll probably take a few days to get to Pewter City" he said. Blaze ran ahead a bit and begged for Serpentine to play. Gabriel then let his new Mankey out to play too.
"Alright uh... Key. I'll call you Key. Sorry. I'm not very good with names. But anyway, Key. Do you want to play with Blaze?" Gabriel asked his new Pokémon with a friendly voice. The monkey, with the usual angry face, agreed and ran off to play with Blaze