• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokédaycare

"I'm Aoki, if you didn't get my name before," the pachirisu answered, uncurling her tail and standing back up, "It's my first day here. The agency training me said that I need to learn how to make friends with other pokemon, so that I'll get on with my future trainer's team."

Sakura carried the somber Jangmo-o in her vines with a gentle grip. She walked over to the Pachirisu, as the odd coloring of her got her attention rather quickly. She said to the Pachirisu in a serene voice, "So it's your first day too huh? Well, it's my first time here also... I'm working on treating other Pokémon, such as this little guy that I'm holding right now. He doesn't look too well since he's been crying since I first held him gently."

The Jangmo-o crossed his arms at her, as he was embarrassed from her cradling him like a baby. He still stayed slient, as he was too nervous to even say a word in front of the other Pokémon. He continued to sob to himself, while Sakura used one of her other vines to pat his to tiny head. She attempted to calm him from his despondency, as she emitted a trace amount of the sweet fragrance at him.

The pachirisu spun around on her heels, at the sound of another voice. A meganium was there, with a jangmo-o in her thin vines.

"Yeah," Aoki admitted, "My agency are gonna be sending me here until I'm ready to go to a trainer. I'm gonna be their therapy pokemon, as well as their starter..."

Dan noticed Sakura was near of The jangmo-o and Said "Sakura! I'M glad you reached This baby is crying and I don't know why,and you know what my mom is gonna do If I not take Care of The daycare these days right?"

"At least you get a trainer." Nettle whispered. The leaves fell to the ground as she glanced around for somewhere she could avoid the others. She began sneaking over to the bush she was hiding in before Shun scared her.

The Chikorita jumped at the voice, making enough noise to let everyone know where she was. She panicked and sped toward the bush, trying her best to camouflage with the plant.

Cerol also scared a little when he heard Chikorita. This eevee jumped a little, but not screamed. "Sorry. I didn't wanted to scare someone..." And changes his color to normal, but stands at corner.

Sakura replied to Dan, "Well, this baby isn't your ordinary baby here. He's been crying since the last two days here endlessly. He told me that he's been having a rather bad day here, but I feel like that bad day isn't your usual bad one. He's been down and still crying right now. I think maybe I will take him inside so that I can have a private talk with him."

She started to stroll over to the building after she finished talking to Dan. The Jangmo-o blushed when one of her vines stroked his back. He still resisted the pleasant fragrance that came from her petals, as his discontent failed to break off from the calming scent.

The building! Nettle peeked out from the bush, watching the others. She wanted to make it when no one was looking, especially the Meganium. She crept to the edge quietly, awaiting her chance to run for the door.

Aoki talking about her going to be given to a trainer eventually caught Nate's attention. "M-My old trainer abandoned me and my parents couldn't look after me since they still belonged to that trainer, so they put me here. Now I'm stuck here," Nate's face scrumpled up as he opened himself up to Aoki and seemed to get more and more upset as he talked about it. He tried to hold back his tears but he struggled to. A tear started to spawn in his eye and started to drip down his face again. "I miss mummy," He whimpered quietly. As he realized he was crying again he quickly wiped his tear away and tried to remove his upset look. "I-I'm sorry for being a crybaby. I'm probably being annoying."

Nettle overheard Nate, and frowned. She covered her face with the leaf, and shook sadly for a few moments. After this she turned away from the building and left the bush, sitting down by the log pile again.

Cerol was sitting in corner, and looking around. No one noticing him. But he was in his normal color... He didn't hide this time. But, no one notices him still...

"It's fine," Aoki answered, "And to tell you the truth, I'm kind of scared to go to a trainer when I'm older. I mean, I was born into an agency which trains pokemon to help the disabled and mentally ill, so it's not like I've ever had a choice as to what will happen to me when I grow up..."

Aoki had been forced to take an aptitude test when she was little, to determine what use she would be trained for. She was too short to push a wheelchair, couldn't read the auras of epileptic trainers, like the lucario she lived with, couldn't chill or carry medication, like the delibirds and slurpuffs that were trained to help those with diabetes, and she was too small to be used as a seeing-eye pokemon, and thus, she was deemed fit only for therapy purposes. When the agency deemed her training complete and put her up for sale, it would only be a matter of time before she was bought, given to a trainer, and made to function as their therapy pokemon, as well as their starter.

"I wonder what my future trainer will use me for?" Aoki pondered, "Contests? Battles? Showcases? I can't say that I have a preference. I mean, why do that and get my hopes up, when it's not my choice to make?"

Nate listened to Aoi's story with deep interest. After, hearing about Aoki's life, it really made Nate think. Perhaps having somewhere to go can be a bad thing at times and having freedom is just another way of looking at not having a parent, guardian or trainer. "I-I'm sure it won't be that b-bad. Whatever it is, you'll be the b-best at it," Nate said to Aoki, calming down dramatically but still having a stutter left over. Nate felt really comfortable around this Aoki, perhaps what Nate said will come true. "So...What happens here? I don't really know about this place." Nate asked.

Nettle stared at the ground, laughing quietly a little bit. After that she climbed up the wood pile and looked down at the others. This is the only time I'll be able to see what it's like to be tall... she thought, and drifted off into her thoughts.

"Well... I don't know, to be honest," Aoki sighed, "I mean, we don't have to do anything here. Or at least, I don't, until I go home for the day."

She looked around at the facilities that the daycare had to offer. There was a playground, with various novelty pokemon-shaped things inside, like boat swings shaped like pidgeys, a merry-go-round with ponyta shaped seats, and even a slide shaped like a huge aurorus. There was a small training ground, too, and a place where pokemon could sit and eat their snacks and lunches. What to do, what to do...?

Nate looked around as well. As it turns out there everything here was for Pokemon to play with. His eyes seem to draw towards the Aurorus slide. Nate then excitedly ran to the slide and ran up the stairs to reach the top. However, when he looked down the slide, he came to a stop as he got kind of scared with how up he was. He then contemplated if he even wanted to do this or not.

Name: Sorrow
Personality: Sorrow loves to make jokes and is very very talkative. It loves teaching Pokemon things and can be quite depressing at times. It's a bit of a smart aleck.
Species: Haunter
Shiny: Nope
Extra: Was a Magneton before it became a ghost.
Abilities: Can scare almost any Pokemon, can phase through walls and all that other ghost stuff

Sorrow floated into the Pokedaycare hoping for a job. After lots of talk, it finally got an application for a caretaker. It was very confused about all this, because when it was a little Magnemite back in the day, the Pokedaycare was a lot different. It now had teeter-totters and swings rather then a lone blue slide. It saw lots of young Pokemon and tried to sneak around without being seen. It enjoyed sneaking around as it could easily scare any Pokemon by sneaking up to them.

Aoki bounded over, deciding that she too wanted to have a go on the aurorus slide. The aurorus had a goofy, cartoonish smile, and its neck functioned as the slide itself, and its tail functioned as the steps up to it.

She reached the top, along with Nate, only to notice that he seemed afraid to go down. She pushed past him, deciding that she should demonstrate that it was not scary.

"C'mon! Slides are the best!" she squealed, "Here goes!"

And she pushed herself down it, squealing in delight as the wind went through her fur.

Nate watched as Aoki playfully and safely go down the slide. Aoki's joy as she flew down the slide without hesitation seemed convincing enough for him to finally try it out. Nate gulped before he carefully pla ed his paws on the slide. Nate misanticipated how slippy the slide was, causing his paws to fly forward and fall down the slide. Nate barked and whimpered in fear as he flew down the slide. The speed he gained was too much for him to land gracefully at the floor causing him to fly off the slide and skid along the floor, rolling for a couple of meters. Nate placed his head on the floor and sighed in relief as he was glad that it was over. He felt his heart rapidly beating in his chest.

Nate stood up and turned back to Aoki with his tongue sticking out as he started to feel a little buzz from the adrenaline he got from it. "Hey...that wasn't as bad as I thought," Nate said finally smiling.

Nettle pondered which ride to choose, favoring the slide over the other choices. Her hesitation disappeared when she saw the others playing on it, and she began climbing up the stairs, pausing only to look down at them.

Last edited:
Sorrow became bored with sneaking around and decided to appear and watch the Pokemon play around. It reminded him of it's childhood as a Magnemite.

"Y'see? Slides aren't scary at all!" the pachirisu giggled, pausing to groom her pointy little ears, "Now, what say we go do something else? Like... The boat swings!"

The pidgey-shaped boat swings were on a pendulum, with two lengths of rope either side of the seats. In order to make the swings move, two pokemon had to pull on the ropes, one at a time.

Name:
jake
Personality: calm and quiet always the on who try's to keep the peace but if he is ticked of enough the will become extremely aggressive
Species: emolga
Shiny: no
Extra: nothing special
Abilities: he love to write and draw about anything and everything he can
--------

Max walked with his dad he dropped him off and max was all alone in the place he saw a few Pokemon playing and he walked over to them "h-hi" he said shyly to pachirisu

Last edited:
Nate looked at the swings and he couldn't help but have a large smile, ranging from cheek to cheek. This was probably the first time in his life that he was having fun and possibly have a friend. Nate then happily ran to the swings. He jumped on to the swing but wasn't sure how to work the swing. He pawed the rope, confused and clueless as to what to do.

"H-How does this work?" Nate asked Aoki. Nate then gripped the rope in his mouth and waved his head around doing quiet growls as he recklessly waved the rope around in his teeth.

Name: Blitz
Personality: Shy at first, kind, and friendly
Species: Pichu
Shiny: No
Extra: He is a spiky-eared Pichu
Abilities: None

Blitz walked in the daycare and was feeling really scared. He only came here because he was abandoned and had nowhere to go. He went to the playground outside and felt intimidated by the amount of Pokemon he didn't know. He just went to the corner and hoped that no one will notice him.

"You do it like this," Aoki explained as she took the other length of rope in her tiny paws, pulling down on it firmly. The swing dipped on Aoki's side, leaving her near the ground, while Nate was sent up into the air.

"Now, it's your turn," she continued, as the swing returned to its starting position, "Pull down on the rope, and we'll swing in my direction!"

Sakura had gotten inside the building later, as she had to keep a tighter grip on the fussy Jangmo-o. She walked towards a room that had colorful walls that glimmered along the fluorescent lighting. She walked inside the room, as she placed the Jangmo-o down on a small bed that was suited for his infantile size. She sat down on a goodly couch cushion, as she gently stroked his soft body with her vines. She said to him in a calm tone, "So buddy, what seems to be the matter here? You've been looking rather sad for the past few days. I think that we should stay here for a little since you need to calm down first okay?"

The Jangmo-o babbled angrily, "N- noth- nothin.. wr... ong.... wi... th... m- m- me......"

Sakura patted his head gently with her vines, as she replied in a tranquil voice, "Now now baby, let's relax here. I think that you could use a little time off here." She emitted a minuscule spore at him, as the spore calmly released some particles of sweet, phlegmatic matter.

Name: Foey
Personality: Kind, Very Smart
Species: Dunsparce
Shiny: No
Extra: wears Glasses, and His Shell Is Partially green
Abilities: Can Make A Lot Of Things, Can Use His Drill/Tail Efficiently, Braniac

Foey Got Up, He Had fallen Asleep While Working out his Future Job, He Smirked
"Ops, I Fell Asleep, Didn't Ai?" Despite Being Smart, Sometimes He Messed up his words.

"Ahh!" Nate whined as he got shot upwards by Aoki. Nate seemed to be lifted off his feet but he was still grabbing onto the rope with his teeth and so he instinctively pulled down the rope. He dropped back onto the swing as the swing swung back downwards again. Nate barked and whined as he felt like he was trapped on a swaying boat. "Help! *Bark*" They constant change in angle of the swing was too much for Nate to handle with and lost his footing and slipping over.

Sakura's antennae rose up when she heard the cries of a Pokémon from the window! She said to the Jangmo-o, "Alright buddy, just stay there alri- Oh umm... you're already asleep? Oh right, I kinda forgot that this was the sleep spore... my bad buddy, just relax now. I'll be back here, I'm going to go outside and see what's going on with the screaming." She silently got up from the soft cushion that her relaxed body was on, as she quickly made her way out of the building.

She walked outside towards the playground, as she noticed a Rockruff on the swing! She noticed him slipping over from the loss of his footing; she realized that the constant changes of the swing's trajectory was making him lose his grip. She charged towards him at a swift speed, as she quickly dived down towards him; hoping that her big body would soak up the impact of the Rockruff.

Blitz got spooked when heard someone screaming. He turned to see that it was a Rockruff that was falling from a swing. He then sees a Meganium save the Rockruff. Blitz continues to sit in his corner.

Nate flipped as he slipped off the swing, he let out a loud whining bark as he flipped off. Fortunately, his fall was cushioned by a Meganium that came to his aid as he pleaded. He bounced off Meganium's body and rolled off it. He rolled up in a ball with his eyes shut, after a moment, he realized that he felt no pain and he was fine. He opened his eyes and noticed a large, green Pokemon on the floor beside him. He put two and two together with what happened. "Th-Thank you," Nate said nervously.