• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Planning to buy Emerald?

Will you bite?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This was probably asked awhile ago, but now that Emerald is little over a month away in North America... Will you be buying it? (At all?) I've been hearing from a lot of people that they probably won't get it because they're holding out for D/P... Which I find silly, but whatever.

So... Which are you?

Personally, I plan to get it the day it comes out, and as soon as I finish classes next week I'm going to start breeding Pokemon for it ^^
I'd like to put down a pre-order just incase a promotion pops up but it might not be a great idea. I'm moving home around April 26th, so I won't be nearby when it's actually released. Decisions, decisions...

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
I'm buying it if it's out in America by the time I get there. Hmm? I'm going to Florida in October. So unless it gets delayed over there by some freak accident, I'm getting it in October.

I'll hopefully be meeting him in October in my new house :wink:

I've got a stash of money I've hid from my mom to buy Emerald, but like all moms, she found out anyway. I can still buy Emerald, but i'm waiting for my dad to freakin' preorder it. He owes me 4 dollars :p And I'm sure he won't mind giving me an extra buck.

I think I'm 5 or 6 dollars short for the actual game tho....but that doesn't matter, I have a whole month left to raise more money. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
"QuagsireQing said:
I"]

You... You got in the top 8?! :shock:

NO FAIR! :p

*Ahem*... I pre-ordered my copy of Emerald yesterday. EBGames still didn't have a promotion for it... I really hope they make up something in the next few weeks because the US stuff looks neat :(

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Emerald is the only G3 game I actually want to buy for my GBA. For more than one reason. ^^;

And then the only two PokeMon games I legally own would be Crystal and Emerald. ^^; Heh.

i'm planning to buy Emerald or Rayman DS now because that ultra 6 pack was a fraude.CURSE YOU FRAUDS!!!!!!!! : : : :evil: anyway I found out that mew,lugia and ho-oh are in the game but you need passes to get them. All I know is mew is on far edged island and ho-oh and lugia are on naval rock but you can onlt get one of the birds if you go UP you can get ho-oh and if you go DOWN you can get lugia and there both level 70 to catch mew you have to play hide and seek with it ^_^and when you catch it it'll want to battle its at level 30.Well that concludes my information for today and NO this is not a prank for april fools day.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
"Alex Bock said:
i"]

You're talking to the people who had the best pre-Emerald Coverage and DID play the game when it first came out in Japan. ;). We all know exactly what you can find in Emerald and know that it's no trick. ^^

And :(, QQ. That's both you AND Katie out now.... I was really hoping one of you two would make it.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
If you guys don't have access to the "tickets" then, no, you won't be able to get them. It is really unfair, too. The only unobtainable Legendary I've ever been able to get 100% legit was Jirachi, and that was because of Colosseum's bonus disk offer. I did get the South Island ticket for Latios/Latias, but since I already had both of 'em it didn't mean much...

I really, really want Lugia, but I know that's probably not going to happen :?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Roll on Diamond and Pearl and downloads... Then maybe we might ALL actually get a frickin' chance to play the full game for a change...

*Burns George Harrison* It's all his fault. Always. It's always him. ALWAYS.