• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pika's Sprites

Hello. :)

So, I decided to do some sprites that only require one pose, since their weapons are their fists or are attached to them.
gau.png

Gau from Final Fantasy VI. Bases used were the bicyclist and the guitarist. For the arms I used that trainer with the heavy orange thing (forgot what he's called. xD) and Roark.

barret.png

Barret Wallace, Final Fantasy VII. I used Bruno from Fr/Lg for the upper body, and scratched from the waist down. I may go redo his far leg, because it looks a little too small, considering it isn't that far behind the fore leg.

Recovered from my distraction and redid Terra. Based on the Dissidia: Final Fantasy artwork. I also included the sword/rapier thing in the picture in the weapon sprite.
terra-1.png
terra_swordrapier.png

I originally used one of the frontier brains as a base, but I had to do a LOT of scratching to get it to look like this. So I'll consider it a scratch. All but the head, which belongs to Dahlia. I love this new one, personally. Big improvement from my last one. I might try to darken the cape a little bit more, though.
Forgot Rinoa's zippers and to color Tifa's hairband in their sprites, but since those were minor fixes I won't repost them.

Please do not steal. The Terra sprite alone took me well over three hours to get (almost) exactly right.

Enjoy!​

Hi Pika4pika, I love your Final fantasy sprites, they are so cool. I should of posted earlier (Sorry :( ) I like that guitar sprite, she looks like she is gonna rule all pokemon schools.
If she goes to school? if she dosent... my bad

Thank you, asiankid5 and Amber-Arcanine, for your wonderful compliments. It means a lot to me. :)

In case some of you haven't checked the front post lately, the request shop is semi-closed. Both slots are currently open.

Updating with some new Final Fantasy sprites. Da-da-da-da!

celes.png
celes_sword.png

Celes Chere, Final Fantasy VI. The sword is horrible, I may go and redo it. Also, I thought it looked kind of odd that the top and the boots were different colors. I may go back and make the top white or the boots black.
aeris-1.png
aeris_staff.png

Aeris/Aerith Gainsborough, Final Fantasy VII. This turned out better than the first one, but I think I should go back to do the wrinkles in her dress over.
squall.png
squall_gunblade.png

Squall Leonhart, Final Fantasy VIII. Design based on original, colors based on Dissidia: Final Fantasy. This is okay, but I don't really like where the gunblade is on the second, and his hair seems to be all one color.
I should just fix these things before I post them up and tell you all about it, huh? :D

Anyways, critique and comments always welcome. Please don't steal, these all took a considerable amount of time.

Enjoy!​

Hi again, if you woulden't mind, I would like to make a request of a platinum style mugshot of this person please
Ashley.png
. Also the sword looks fine, though it would better with a silver/ greyish tone in sead of that tone you got now. Any how keep up with the awesome work.

Woahh. Those sprites are nice, dude! If you don't mind me calling you dude. x3 Sorry.
Anyway, I kinda have a request ... could you maybe do a mugshot of my character, Clover? She's kinda one of the elite four in my made-up (or as I like to call it, fakemon xD) region. I hope you don't mind. Here's a pic for reference:
It's a sprite that I made a while ago. ^^ (Sorry if the pic doesn't show up - if it doesn't, I'll describe her)

tunduli, I don't mind if you call me dude, even if I am a girl. I call everyone a dude anyone, regardless of their gender. :D What kind of mugshot did you want me to do? I only do D/P ones, not Pt ones. That goes for Amber-Arcanine, too.

Just because I don't think people really take the time to read the whole front post through, I'll type it now, go read it all the way through. It gives information on what kind of requests I take and why I will ignore your post if I have. There are a lot of comments I ignore in here, just because people don't do what I ask to read the front post. Sorry to those who have read it and know what the rules are of this thread. Thanks.

Anyways, I don't have an update at the moment, but I will later on tonight, if not, definitely tomorrow.​

Nice spriting Pika, I like the Aries sprite - has a lot of detail. If you have the time, be sure to check out mah Spriting page!

Thanks, Toru.
tunduli, I'll take your request, but the picture does not show up. I will need a description or a link to the picture, since I think that posting pictures takes up too much space for my sprites to be shown. :D

Will edit this post with an update if no one comments before then.​

Could you please make me a cydiquil as a chao and some a trainer playing a black guitar. I'm not very picky when it comes to little things. Thanks.

tunduli, I don't mind if you call me dude, even if I am a girl. I call everyone a dude anyone, regardless of their gender. :D What kind of mugshot did you want me to do? I only do D/P ones, not Pt ones. That goes for Amber-Arcanine, too.
She did notice you, Arcanine.

Sorry if I've been a bit slow, I could've sworn that I replied yesterday. Anyway, here's the link to the pic ...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=30vgm85&s=5

[quote author=Amber-Arcanine link=topic=3177.msg110472#msg110472 date=1246279638]

I would like it to be a platinum mugshot please, if thats okay with you.
sorry if you didn't notice it yet. :D
:D

LoN, i wasn't talking about me she was asking if I wanted a D/P sprite or a Platinum I requested a platinum sprite and she didn't notice that i wrote that.

Oh my this is going to be tough...

Doing critique on such good sprites means that I'll feel like a jerk because I'll only be able to probably offer small bits of advice on nitpicky details. I really wish I'd be able to actually offer some very helpful advice, but I don't think I'll be able to. I hope though even a little bit of this can somehow advance your skills. It was also hard to pick out sprites to critique. I try choosing a couple of different ones from your most recent.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
fakemon7.png

[/quote]

This guy is really cute. The sprite is well don't and I can't really see much in the way of flaws.

One thing is that I think the shading is a tad too light on him. I don't know if that's just your style, but I think some higher contrast might work well for it.

The right ear seems a little oddly shaped and placed, and doesn't exactly match the toher.

Not that this is something I care about, but the style doesn't match the normal Pokemon style. probably mainly because of the lack of contrast. I'm not saying it has to, but if you are aiming for it to be in Gamefreak's style, it needs some work.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
ua_new.png

[/quote]

Another well made sprite. The shading on it in particular is really well done, very detailed.

The main issue I have with it is the face. I can't say exactly anything sprite wise is wrong with it, but her expression is just kind of weird to me. I guess though that is just a personal issue I have with it.

The hair I think could use some work too, Seems flat, and the hair that goes behind the head just is a bit too straight and singular colored. Perhaps on it own it wouldn't be too bad, but with the high detail shading in the clothing, it looks out of place.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
ua_scarlet_weather_rhapsody_trans.png

[/quote]

I'm not familiar with the style, so I went to go look at it a bit to get an idea. Not sure how good the critique will be with me not being knowledgeable in the style, but I'll try.

Another well done sprite. Very little seems to be wrong with it. Like some of your previous sprites, I think the contrast in some areas is a little low. For the style that the game uses, there seems to be greater areas of contrast. The style of shading is different. Your seems smooth and flows well, but there aren't as soft, they are more well defined.

An obvious issue with your take on the style is the character. All of the characters in the game as far as I could see were little chibi girls. Your character though is taller, her skin isn't as pale, and the shading style again.

I still can't really find anything wrong though with the sprite itself, only that it doesn't match the style right. In a practical sense though I suppose it has a flaw. The reason why the game you based it on has a more simpler style of shading and stuff is probably because they have to make a ton of frames. It's just easier to make more and more sprites when you have less shades. Yours would be probably a lot tougher and impractical to turn into a character in a fighting game.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
celes.png
celes_sword.png

[/quote]

I didn't play 6, so I don't know this character at all, so I can't really mention if anything is off based on her. Spriting wise there isn't much to say either.

I don't quite like the things at the side of her hips, be it openings in her pants or little flaps over them. I guess the main problem is I can't tell what they are.

The pants seem overshaded, a tad more complicated then a normal trainer sprite.

The sword seems to really stick out too, doesn't seem like it matches the rest of the style, makes sense though since Pokemon trainers never carry sword :p

The pale white boots seems to stick out due to their very light boarders. If you keep them white, I'd suggest darkening their boarder a bit.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
aeris-1.png
aeris_staff.png

[/quote]

Aeris looks very nice, just how I remember her. Again the shading almost seems a tad too much compared to normal trainer sprites.

The staff seems to have a random blue dot, I don't know if that is on purpose though.

The wrinkles as you said need some work.

[quote author=4pikachu4]
squall.png
squall_gunblade.png

[/quote]

Again you were able to point out your own mistake with this one, his hair needs a better set of colors.

The Gunblade's position isn't too bad, but I don't like how he is holding it.

The pant's shading is off, the contrast too low. This time though I think it's not even just a style issue, the shading is hard to spot it's so little.

The scar doesn't quite work the way you've done it, hard to see and looks more like random pixels.

The metal parts all over him could perhaps use a little more shine to them, but I understand if that's impossible due to the white areas they are on.

Well that ends my C+C that I could. Sorry there wasn't much more depth to it. I tried my best to give you as much as I could. You are a very good spriter, and I can't really seem to find any flaws. I hope though there was something that you could benefit from what I've said. I have enjoyed looking at them, and will be sure to come back and check up on them. Some time in the future I'll be sure to try and critique you again, hopefully my own skill will increase so I can actually find some actual flaws :p

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Regarding Celes: She actually wears a green leotard with shoulder pads, and boots. Nothing on her legs, iirc. That's in-game though, not official artwork.

As for Aerith, I really like it. My only gripe is that the face looks somewhat cocky to me, which doesn't really suit her character.

Squall, as was said, needs different hair... The way he holds the gunblade is similar to how Rinoa grabs hers in Dead Fantasy 2 if I remember right, so it doesn't look unnatural to me. The rest of the sprite is solid, but the hair looks like he's wearing a beanie hat. Maybe make it look a bit messier or a bit more pushed off his face.

Solid sprites as usual :)

Ah, Yoshimitsu, I was wondering when you'd come to see my Final Fantasy sprites.
I agree that Aerith/Aeris's face looks a bit cocky for her nature, and I've been thinking about changing the face. If you think that's what I should do, I'll try. I will fix Squall's hair. For Celes, I based the sprite on the original designs. That is where my Final Fantasy project is currently headed, but I think that a lot of people would rather me do the video game sprites, so I'll go back and redo FFVI sprites to look like in-game sprites. Do any of you know other games that use designs different from originals? That way I can do them all at the same time.

Jappio, thank you so much for the critique. it does help, no matter how much you give me to work with.
For the Pokemon, I agree that the ear is wonky and the shading is too light. When I started doing Fake Pokemon, I used my regular shading style, but I'm now seeing that using the original Pokemon-game-style-shading is much better. I am currently going through all of my Fanmon and trying my hand at the Pokemon style shading, because I'm no good at it.
I agree that the hair just looks like a blob compared to the rest, so I'll give it another shot.
I also agree about Squall's scar, but it's very difficult to give identifying marks such as those on small things like sprites. And yes, the metal objects were hard to make stand out, but i can try to recolor them.
The anime battle sprite was difficult because the style they are made and the way I make my sprites are so different. With that sprite, I did use my own style, and the only thing that really kept from that style was the hair and lineart. The skin color is intentional, as well as the shading.
They are openings on the side of Celes's tights/pants, but there are strings lacing them together, that's why it looks weird. And I will try to fix the outline on her boots. The dot on Aeris's staff is intentional, as depicted on the original artwork, there are gems embedded into the staff, that represents one of them.
Thank you so much for that, not many people comment here to try to help me. Thanks, guys.

Anyway, request time.
For not a stupid username:
eevee_chao.png
espeon_chao.png
umbreon_chao.png

For superlugia1:
cyndaquil_chao.png

The trainer description was waaaaay to vague.
For tunduli:
tunduli.png

I toned the colors down to follow the style, but if you want it that bright green, I'll redo it.
Final Fantasy time.
cloud-1.png
cloud_sword.png

Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII. Garrr, angry.
yuffie-1.png
yuffie_shuriken.png

Yuffie Kisaragi, Final Fantasy VII. In the first pose, I took off her little armgaurd thing, because I wouldn't want to wear something like that all the time.
maria-2.png
maria_bow.png

Maria, Final Fantasy II. Help.

Requests, let me know if you want anything changed. :)
Enjoy!​

Ooh, thanks much. ^^ That's cool ... I'll save it to my computer when I get home, I'm at my Mum's work just now ... Thanks so much. :]

Hey Pika I have a request, can you make a girl trainer sprite. With orange hair, sun glasses on top of her head, a black tank top with a heart shaped pokeball on it. And blue bell bottom pants. Please and thanks. Take you time I am in no rush.

Hey, 4pikachu4.

I would like to request a walking image.

Otufit: med. plum one-piece, full-body dress that goes to my ankles. The sleeves go to my elbows. The sleeves and the bottom of the dress ar rimed with a bright sapphire blue. My hair is a dark brown with a tint of red, and it goes to my knees. My hair is done up in a PARTIAL-BRAID
My eyes are brown, and I have a gold ring with a sapphire gem on it on my left ring finger.

what you can do, and thanks in advance.

Can some one make a person wit short blond hair (boy) blue eyes a red shirt and blue pants black shoes and kinda tan

Pika, do you know that request I asked you before, could it just be a dp Mugshot please. Like I said before you can do it whenever you like and you don't have to do it if you don't want to.

I'd like to make a request if that's alright.
Could I get a trainer sprite with some pokemon?

Here's what I have so far-
skarmorytrainer.png

So I was hoping to get a steampunk chick, with steampunk versions of those pokemon. I haven't done any work on the Charizard or the Skarmory, but I was planning on mechanical wings and a color change. (also need to give her a different hat, an eye-patch and some goggles... somehow. *new to pixel editing*)
Ummm, if you don't wanna do all that, that's cool.
I would really just like a better trainer sprite than the one I have right now, and/or a mugshot of that character.
If you don't want to mess with it that's fine. ^_^

Whoa, sorry, been gone for a while...yikes, haha.
Well now, what happened to the people with manners in the world?
I'd just like to point out some people for their awesomeness thus far right now.
Dylan Corona, you asked nicely, but I don't take walking image requests anymore unless you are on the regular's list. Sorry, haha. But, I will take a different request if you'd still like to make one.
Airship Alice, I am interested in taking your request, but I will need a better description, I guess. What kind of hat? Is there a certain outfit you'd prefer on the trainer sprite? What is steampunk? I will take your requests after further explanation.

The rest of you, for Pete's sake, read the first post. Learn what kind of requests I take and which I don't. Thanks.​

Airship Alice. I think I've fallen in love with the Steampunk Fashion. Totally awesome. Imma make an OC based on that fashion. :)

Anyways, since I was totally loving it, I decided to do a bunch of sprites.
AirshipAlice1a.png
AirshipAlice1b.png

Green hair.
AirshipAlice2a.png
AirshipAlice2b.png

Brown hair.
I couldn't decide how big to make the wings. If you want me to change the size of them, the outfit, or anything at all, just let me know.
Mewtwo1.png
Mewtwo2.png

Mewtwo.
Didn't do much. I like the way you handled the gold much better, but I did it in my style in case you wanted it that way.
Skarmory1.png
Skarmory2.png

Skarmory.
I tried my best. I recolored some of the metal plates. I added gears just below the wings and also I took a chunk of wing out and put gears in it's place. If you had other ideas, I'll be happy to do them.
I'll change anything you want. I can make them transparent if you'd like, as well. Just let me know.
I'll do Charizard and Dragonair if you want, too. Charizard, I'll need a description. I thought the way you had Dragonair already was pretty awesome, so I didn't do anything to it, put I can if you'd like.
I had fun with your sprites. Thank you. It's been a while since I had fun doing a big request like that. :)
Enjoy!​

Omg thank you so much!
So much awesome!

I'm glad I could introduce you to a new style. ^_^
I'm a huge fan. I think I have about $2000 worth of steampunk clothing I want to buy. >.>

Ummm, I'm pretty happy with my Dragonair. If it's okay with you I'm just going to take the eye-patch from your Mewtwo.
The Skarmory is great! .>)

Thank you again!

Hi There... I have followed your thread a finaly found I needed help with this one small thing... Which my turn into a few small things

I have a gym leader who I can not seem to get right... there is no way I could sprite it correctly even though I'm a spriter. So I need a trainer sprite for this

11rpr9u.jpg

He should have the fantina pose with the out stretch arm. With the other arm bent with a fist. He should be bare chested and have a tunic/skirt like thing for pants like in Ancient Egypt Also his face should be fit to look like a guy and not a girl obvipously. And he should have blue metalic shouler pads. I know it's hard so let me know if it is to hard.

Thnkas In Advanced ;)

Hi Pika, say when you have time can you make me a Trainer Sprite of Rod who is one of the Grand Masters from the Pokemon TCG the vidio game, btw he is the one with green hair in the top right...

thanks in advance...

~Charles Legend

Yes! 'Charms is up and running again!
I am so stoked. I missed this site so much.
I am definitely going to try to donate to keep it going.
But until then, welcome back to Pika's Sprites!

OK, I will accept all requests currently posted, which includes Alice's, windsaver's, and Charles Legend's.

I am also adding Heart Gold/Soul Silver mugshots as a request option. Be sure to check the first post!

Anyways, I was wondering if anyone here had an account on Gaya Online, because currently I am becoming very active there. If you do, PM me!

Until next time, see ya!

EDIT: I got Rod done. If you don't like it, I can redo it.
rod.png

Experimenting with the HG/SS sprites I found on serebii.net.
If there are any changes to be made, lemme know!
Enjoy!​

BlackRoseJack

Formerly psy-teen
hi i was wondering if you could make me a HG SS mugshot of this description

girl with long dark brown hair and light green eyes, violet hair band, crimson clothing and gold ring on middle finger.

thanks in advance

bb

buneary, y request list is full. Please request again when it's open.

Here are some examples of the HG/SS mugs I WILL be taking requests for:
ua_HGSSmug1.png
ua_HGSSmug2.png

And this is an example of the ones I will NOT, unless you are a regular.
ua_HGSSfullmug.png

I'm having so much fun with these sprites. I love them. EEK!
It's my birthday soon, and I'm getting HG/SS for it. SO stoked!

Enjoy!

EDIT: Gift mug for Airship Alice!
Airship_Alice_platinum.png

Forgot to add the corset/vest thing, I'll put up a fixed one later.
Enjoy!​

Thank you Pika, I like the way he turned out, he looks like he could be part of the Battle Frontier maybe the Tower Tycoon. ;)

Oddly enough it gave me an Idea for have a Battle Frontier taking place in the Sevii Islands... ;)

~Charles Legend