• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

PBR and the GC controller

Due to my disability, I can't use the Wiimote, but I'm having a custom controller made.

I'm 99% sure I read somewhere that the GC controller works on PBR. Now the game has been released in the US, I can ask: Does it?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
As far as I can tell from the game instruction booklet, no, it doesn't use the GCN controller as an alternative. What it does do however is allow you to use the Wiimote in any 1 of three button combinations, one being the side-lying style (like Super Paper Mario). I'm assuming that one works more like a usual controller.

Would that sort of control method be alright for you?

Unfortunately, no :( I'm having a custom controller made for me as I have very little hand strength.

I'll still get the game when it comes, it's just a pain giving instructions to my carers.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
You can use the DS (presumably for everything in it, though I wont know till the game comes out here obviously) - so I dunno if that's any more help. At least all you'd have to do is prod the touch screen.