• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ozzy's Sprites! NEW: Taking Trainer requests! Let's exchange, spriters!

Cool! I know, doing hair is really hard. I mean, it can be many different styles, like long and cruly, or unique like Fantina's! Dx

But you did it better than I could've! (:

It can also be in devil-horns, like your dorky lil' Rival. Is he Palmer's son or something? I hope not. That makes Palmer's badassness go down by like seven stages.

So you like the sprite? Phew. ^_^ That's good.

the work thus far is nice, i don't think it's hard to have a horrible time with hair. i...remember when i tried scratch spriting linkachu, it went horribly. i sat there for 30 minutes, deciding on if i wanted the 'chu's stomach to be anorexic or obese >_

NOOOOOOO!!! Palmer was SO COOL! Just look at him! He's badass! And he's damn strong! But your rival...Is so...LAME...And...And...Nooooo...

Anyway, I've sprited some of my RPG's Rocket Revival.

WIPRockets.png

The cool electro-guy is the leader, Volt. Those grunts are the level 1 Grunts. They use the weak Pokemon like the Zubats, Golbats, Grimers, and the Koffings. Then you have the yet-to-be-sprited Rocket Trainers (level 2 Grunts), who use Arboks, Muks, Sevipers, Cubones, Sandslashes, and Murkrows. Then you have the Rocket Admins, who use Sevipers, Cubones, Weezings, Honchkrows, and Weavile, and then I'll make a second-in-command who uses a Honchkrow, Arbok, Marowak, and Umbreon. Volt himself uses Weavile, Electrode (discarded), Electivire (discarded), Luxray, Toxicroak, and a replacement Electivire.

The girl is a throwback to the original Rocket grunt, who (like a bunch of other trainers in the original game) had a whip. I figured it was more appropriate for the girl. I also couldn't edit the Galactic uniform very well, so I made the collar a studded collar.

...Huh. That's suggestive.

So, my list of Rockets to do:

Volt (done)
Second-in-Command
Rocket Admin, male
Rocket Admin, female
Rocket Trainer, male
Rocket Trainer, female
Rocket Grunt, male (done)
Rocket Grunt, female (done)

C

Curtis

Those Rocket Rivival sprites look awesome, and don't forget to put them in our RP: Sinnoh of our Fathers, anyway, can't wait for level 2 grunts :)

C

Curtis

Wow, these are good, I assume these are Rocket Revivals, right? Could you find out there names, I'd really like to know them, but hurry up and make the next batch of Rocket Revival sprites!

Bon, Ian, and Clyde. I figured, if one famous criminal can make two Rockets, then two famous criminals (Bonnie and Clyde) can make three Rockets. Or something like that.

The sprites are good, but Bon's supposed to have gloves. And sleeves. It's a jacket, you know, and I kinda pictured it not really hugging the body, particularly around the legs. It's like... when a woman wears a man's shirt without pants or anything, except there's also a belt around her waist.

Interestingly, when I first created Bon, Ian, and Clyde, their original descriptions were based on in-game Pokemon trainers. Bon was a Beauty (I think), Ian was a Supernerd, and Clyde was a Rocker. Not that I'm saying you should use those sprites here.

Oh. Well that's easy to fix.

...Were they really? I honestly thought the sprites I used were like MADE for these characters. That Bonnie and Clyde pun is a STITCH, by the way.

Well, I can't remember how exactly Bon is supposed to look. I looked over the sprites, and I think a good base for her would be either Mars or Cynthia (if you can shorten her coat more).

WIPRockets-2.png

So wait, who's the girl I used? Jupiter?

I edited Bon's outfit and added the Rocket Trainers! The Rocket Trainers use better Pokemon than the Grunts. And they look like Batman, too! X3

I have yet to sprite the Rocket CEOs and the Second-In-Command. I'll get on those today.

EDIT: Oh, and I changed Clyde's guitar to a bass. Four strings, donchya know.

WOOT! Those Rockets are awesome! Those "Trainer" Rockets are sweet, Ozzy.
OOOOOOH, I can't WAIT until you sprite the second-in-command! Did I describe him? I can't remember.... Dang it, I made his name a wierd one...Haha.

C

Curtis

Wow, this will help us in our RP, Sinnoh of our Fathers, thank-you Ozzybeans and I can't wait to see the Rocket CEO's and Second Incomands. Maybe you can add in some Rocket Revival Scientists' too :)

I sprited my character's Blaziken, who will be featured later. He went through a Normal Rank Cool Contest in Hoenn and it went to his head.

BadassBlaziken-1.png

That is one nifty Blaziken. It does however make me want to see a Probopass with the same attitude, since that would be beyond hilarity.

I said I was sorry!! Come on, how upset can you get over a name! Unless that's your name, of course. Haha. Dude, I seriously can't remember if I described him, and I'm WAY too lazy too look over that post. OH, I remember. That post was before I started getting descriptive.

I have a much better idea for a second-in-command, anyway. Leslie can be a CEO for all I care; my second-in-command will be much better.

Dude that blaziken you posted is hilarious. ;D besides,artiste and xanthier arent your only fans.im a big fan myself now ;D

All the Rockets are done! And the Second-In-Command (hereby referred to as Admin) is a familiar face.

RocketAdminSilver.png

HOLY SHIT! IT'S SILVER! :O

Silver is referred to twice as Giovanni's son. He's confirmed to be his son in the manga, and the games hint at it in FR/LG ("No...Giovanni's kid has red hair."). I figure he could be one of the heads of the Rocket Revival. Being young, though, he's more of a fighter than a planner. Volt comes up with the missions and Silver helps carry them out.

And for comparison:

Silver.png

I based Silver heavily off of his G/S sprite, going so far as to give a spriting makeover to his head and using that. I edited Saturn's pose to make it more reminiscent of his old pose, using an upside-down-and-backwards hand from those male Juniortrainers or whatever they're called. The legs are from a Cameraman, with some fancy lines added. The only real change is how his legs are apart (which I don't really like; I like them better together) and the big ol' "R" on his sweatshirt.

And I also have the Female Rocket CEO.

FemaleRocketAdmin.png

I used G/S sprites here, too. She's a heavily edited Rocket CEO from the G/S games. Her shirt is an edited Mars, but her face and dress are elongated versions of her G/S version. Not the best, but acceptable.

I WOULD APPRECIATE IT IF SOMEONE MADE SILVER AND THE CEO TRANSPARENT SO I MAY SUBMIT THEM, THANK YOU.

And the completed Rocket sheet:

Rockets.png

:D

YIPPEE!! I saw Leslie! IF Leslie is the red-head CEO. Dang, Ozzy. Those are AWESOME, btw! I'm loving that pose for Silver. I always knew he was destined for Rocket-dom. There's really nothing I can critique.. Except the female CEO's shirt... S'all, well, wierd...

I can make 'Em transie, btw.

'Ere;
RocketAdminSilver.png
FemaleRocketAdmin.png

...ILVER IS TEH AWESOME....One problem that could be fixed is his arm.....There seems to be something wrong with it.....idk.

All right, as the title says, I'll sprite Trainers for you. I hate Fakemon with a passion, so don't even try asking. I'll TRY cosplayers, but if you request too many I'll stop doing them. I want a detailed description of your Trainer in a paragraph so I know what to work with here.

And I'd love to do an exchange with a good spriter. Exchanges are fun, and I like to see other spriters work!

...Speaking of which, Xela Otoku never did those badges for me.

OOH, Xela's in trouble! Haha, I wouldn't be able to do an exchange with you, I'm just not good enough. :p

"I'M WORKING ON IT!!" Sound familiar, Ozzy?

weeeeeeee!!!!!!! If you do overworlds, can you do one for
a sprite I'll post later(on me mobile. One disadvantige of the iPhone:no imigage posting support) if you want an exchange, I'd be more than happy to do a town of of a sketch for you.