• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

My mom wanted to name me Ashley, but she was considering, "Ashleigh" as a spelling, but my grandma told her not to. So she named me Ashley. Then my mom gave me the middle name Rose. :) (My grandma's name is Rose.) :)

So I've realized that my other post in this thread contains only a broken image, so I'll explain in more detail.

The name The Blue Avenger comes from a series of books that really spoke to me when I was growing up - the series being called 'The Adventures of Blue Avenger'. In it, the main character, a teenager named David, decides to change his name to Blue Avenger (after briefly flirting with the idea of changing it to The Blue Avenger; he decides against that on the grounds that having the first name 'The' would be too weird). Upon changing his name, he finds new-found confidence and starts to take charge of his life. The books also delve into the realms of psychology and the question of free will, as well as recipes for lemon meringue pie and codebreaking.

When I read the books, the idea of someone redefining themself and presenting a different image to the world really appealed to me (and still does). Plus, the books are funny and some of the sharpest YA novels I've read. Definitely worth a read. Contrary to the main character from the book, though, I liked the cadence of The Blue Avenger better than just Blue Avenger, so I rolled with it for my username.

The Blue Avenger has been my username online for the longest amount of time - none of the other ones I've used have spoken to me as much. It's not my username everywhere - lots of social media already had a The Blue Avenger taken, so I had to use other names here and there - but I try to use it wherever I can.

Nothing super special or anything. The 'Too' as in 'too much' because I like the color blue too much. The 'Blue' part because blue is my favorite color of all time. The '12' part is just because I like the number and it goes quite well with the rest of the name.

Well, I know I could name myself The AnimeOtaku, but I came across freak when my cousin described herself. She described herself as an anime freak, and I thought that would be better than using otaku and Weeaboo. As for anime, it's because I love anime. I was gonna name myself Mr. AnimeFreak, but I wanted something new. Other than my name on YouTube (Mr. AnimeFreak), I decided to use THE AnimeFreak, since I think it is more fitting than Mr.

My name means... nothing. I wish it meant something, but nope. For anyone wondering, it's pronounced no-ven-tsha, not no-vent-ee-a. I often go by Nove to shorten it, (eg: That's what I name my trainer in pokemon) pronounced Nov-ay.

Mine? Oh well.

I was playing Black and White 2, and I was thinking "My character's name will be my name I will use like a pen name or something"

Yes, I was pretty much an idiot. Oh, and it was White 2. Anyway, I had to name my character, but then I though of the best way to name myself. I closed my eyes, and just typed random stuff.

After about 6 letters, it didn't look right. It was Rovfnz or something, but close enough, or Rohenz, I don't know. I decided to fix it up with vowels. The name must've been Rovfnz at first. Rohenz? Leave that aside.

I have to fix it around. I was thing a vowel to replace f, and I just thought e would be could, so I used it. Boom! My name is born. My name's origin was revealed.

Mewtwo's my favorite Pokémon, this is a Pokémon site, so I did that. But 259? Let me tell you a story.

Does anybody remember an old game called Pet Pet Park? It closed down 2 years ago, but before then, I used to play it all the time. But I was playing offline, and when I was finally able to get an account, I went through a bunch of names that I wanted. "Sorry, that name is taken. Would you like Bolts739 or Bolts2252 instead?" After a while, I just decided to pick one of those names, so I typed in "Godzilla." And of course it was taken, so it gave me the option of 2 names, like always. And one of them, was Godzilla259. Now, the number 259 is in every single one of my accounts.

Well, the first part of mine's Italian for princess, and I wanted to come up with another word that started with P. I looked some up, and eventually thought of the phantom animatronics from FNaF 3, so I used that. That's how I created my name. I'm pretty proud of it, actually.

Does anybody remember an old game called Pet Pet Park?
Why does that game sound so familiar? I think I used to play it, too! xD

Update: Just looked up the game and HOLY WHAT I REMEMBER IT I USED TO LOVE IT WHY DID IT HAVE TO CLOSEEE!?!?!?

Well, the first part of mine's Italian for princess, and I wanted to come up with another word that started with P. I looked some up, and eventually thought of the phantom animatronics from FNaF 3, so I used that. That's how I created my name. I'm pretty proud of it, actually.

Why does that game sound so familiar? I think I used to play it, too! xD

Update: Just looked up the game and HOLY WHAT I REMEMBER IT I USED TO LOVE IT WHY DID IT HAVE TO CLOSEEE!?!?!?
It got less popular until nobody played it anymore, I actually only remembered it because of this thread, but it got me my username which is known around Pokecharms, so I'm thankful for that.

http://www.petpetpark.com/ (Petpet Park) ;_;

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine's quite interesting. Well, atleast I think so.

So, if anyone has ever played the first Dark Souls (one of my favourite games of all time) and has played the Artorias of the Abyss DLC (hands down best dlc ever made) there was quite an awesome optional boss. His name was Black Dragon Kalameet. The name Kalameet was a spin on the word "Calamity" and when you successfully defeated Kalameet you got the Calamity Ring. Basically a ring for real hardcore people that made you take DOUBLE DAMAGE from every single enemy. And since I'm so hardcore, I decided to play the game in ng+ with the Calamity Ring on and it was hell. I died so much, even though I knew basically the whole game. But 1 week later....I finally finished the run with something like 150 deaths.

But I also had a YouTube channel at the time. I even have a account on this site under that name. It's a name I don't use anymore so I won't tell you what it is though ;)

But the name I used there didn't really resonate with me. It was quite lame and my content was lame so I decided to start over, with a new name and new content. When thinking about a new name the first thing that came to mind was the Calamity Ring run. So Calamity.....Kalameet.....Kalamity.....That's it!

And I've used the name Kalamity ever since.

Pretty simple here - my nickname is actual nickname which was given to me in the Middle School. It is related to my last name like the cuter and shorter version of it. Nothing special, huh? Well I like it to much not to use it now.

Can you believe I actually got my username off of a random generator? It's actually funny. I was actually looking for a new url for my Tumblr and it came up and I just started using it everywhere since.

It sounds like a Steven Universe sort of thing, I know, but even though I do like that show, the name doesn't really have anything to do with it. I happen to also genuinely like gemstones and space. <.>

Rather straight forward: Nateriety is the combination of my first name and the word notoriety. I came up with it about two years ago, but I can't remember what thought process I was following at the time that lead me to come up with this alias. I've stuck with it ever since, though, and it still find it rather clever myself (but y'all are free to disagree).

Before that, however, I used to go by either "Toast" (or some spin on it), or "TKhaos" (something I came up with when I was like 13, and back then I thought it was like the coolest thing ever...even though it really wasn't).

For some reason, when I signed up for Minecraft a few years ago, I chose the name Sciencewars. I guess it was because I love science or something. That name just stuck.

My username is based off of renesis, the engine in the Mazda RX8 (my favorite car) and I just put a two for one of the s and I thought that was cool and lot better than bloodking11, which was my old username I had sense I was 11.

My username is old, but kinda sorta not deep. It literally means chicken lover, except with shortened, chatspeaky words. Hence, "Chiknluvr". I love chickens. And Torchic. Remember that. XD

I first joined 'Charms as a potater spud. So maybe a year ago. Anyhow, my screen name was "lolsky123" because i'm a memelord.
I then changed it to Kompaktt, which was my Roblox username. I chose Kompaktt because it just sounded cool to me at the time. I changed my username AGAIN to Doctor Rubix.
My screen names have almost no origin at all, just little things that popped into me head.

There's an ancient thread on here where I explain, but as I enjoy talking about myself...

They're my initials. I've used them on a lot of forums and websites over the years, I like the fact people think it means "Right Left Right Left" but I absolutely hate it when people respond to me and they just put RL, take note, anyone ever gives me a smidgen of power on here, mis-naming me will result in torrents of abuse, for now, it just irks me...

Was tempted a while ago to just change it to "Roo" as that's pretty much all anyone calls me IRL, but I'm just so used to being RLRL I don't even change it to roo when i'm on chat lol

"Andrewski" or "Drewski" is a nickname that my family came up with (my real name is Andrew). Not because I like skiing, just because shouting "Andreeeeeeeeewskiiiiii" at the top of your lungs is apparently catchy. And then 2000 was the year I was born.

People online usually call me 2K, Ski, &rew, or just Andrew. Feel free to call me any. Or come up with something new <.>