• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Origin of your screen name(s)?

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
My username is a pun that involves my middle name 'Mhairi' and the word 'good'. 'Mhairi' is a Scottish Gaelic name pronounced as "varry" and as a kid, whenever my gran got good news or wanted to voice a positive comment to a discussion, she would smile and say, "Mhairi good then". My gran is no longer with us and hasn't been for a while now. I miss her every day and I wanted something to honour her memory, but still be something that I could use for my own identity. Thus, mhairigood was born! I suppose it isn't very creative nor is it all that clever of a pun; but it doesn't have to be. It's still a name that I'm fond of and will be sticking with for the foreseeable future.

My username is a mix of my 3 fave female characters in the Pokémon anime. Cerluan is for Misty, performer is for Serena and Dawn is for well, Dawn! The “Da” is there because it sounds better with that

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
@Hotshot14380 A lot of people outside of Scotland read it the same way! On a separate website, many of my acquaintances mistakenly believed it to read as "hairy good" for some time. It just goes to show you that the teachers were lying to us as children that you should always spell/write a word how you say it.

Last edited:
My username is a pun that involves my middle name 'Mhairi' and the word 'good'. 'Mhairi' is a Scottish Gaelic name pronounced as "varry" and as a kid, whenever my gran got good news or wanted to voice a positive comment to a discussion, she would smile and say, "Mhairi good then". My gran is no longer with us and hasn't been for a while now. I miss her every day and I wanted something to honour her memory, but still be something that I could use for my own identity. Thus, mhairigood was born! I suppose it isn't very creative nor is it all that clever of a pun; but it doesn't have to be. It's still a name that I'm fond of and will be sticking with for the foreseeable future.
That's "Mhairi" cute :\=|:.

Jokes aside, it is really cute, and I wish you luck.

Bluetail was at first the name of my warrior cat oc for a fanfiction i was planning on making.Soon i grew to love the name."Blue"could also mean water-types,since i love vaporeon and swimming.

my user name all started on ROBLOX that is my username so i all ways used that it is also my 3 letters of my first and last name and the 18 is my fav number XD

My username is pretty simple. Cobras are some of my favorite animals, while 5 is my favorite number, and i think the word “Storming” would sound better at the start of my name than if it was just “Cobra55”, so i added “Storming” to the beginning, and thus, “StormingCobra55” is my username.

When I was younger, I played Minecraft X-Box 360 often. I used the Gecko skin, from the Battle & Beasts 2 skinpack. I wanted my online nickname to be "Gecko", but I knew that most websites wouldn't accept it, as it'd probably be taken. So, I added the Galactic on, I liked space, and it was a good aliteration. Because I played Minecraft, and had dreams of being a successful Youtuber (I was young and wanted a standout name), I decided to add "MC" on the end.

BUT, as you know, my name isn't "GalacticGeckoMC" anymore. I changed my name to Deguraio (Degu + Darkrai + o) on Minecraft, for reasons I don't want to explain (wasn't that bad, just awkward). But by then, my friends I'd met recently online had started calling me "Deg" for short. I did change back to GalacticGeckoMC for a while, but thinking about my Youtube dream, and that if my friends were in a video or something, and I possibly did (not got my hopes up anymore) become famous, I thought it'd be awkward for them calling me Deg with my name on everything else as Gecko. So, I decided to mash the names together, and GalacticDeg was created.

I got Pretty Pichu from my boyfriend incessantly calling me pretty, and my favorite Pokemon is a Pichu :3 I'm thinking about changing it to Merciless Medic, which I got from not owning Overwatch, and me liking Medic in Team Fortress 2 more than Mercy in Overwatch. It could also be attributed to my merciless attitude when it comes to being competitive in a game, where I won't let the other person win (especially if it's my brother), and I love playing as the person who heals. I love the challenges it brings :3 Let's see if I'll undergo a name change ;) XD

Also, I have another screen name here somewhere, called Shadara Lyria-Mitne Darastrix. This name is also an old OC name I had for one of the OCs I RP as on here, but I have since crawled away from my pre-teen and teenager years of being Mary Sue XD So I don't think I have that anymore and have just changed it to either Pretty Pichu or Merciless Medic :3

Welp this is wierd but Im a feisty little snugger like an actual Riolu xD small, sneaky and stealthy and also trouble making and cute, thats when the stealthy part comes in xD my name is basically an Assasin Riolu but since he has a name I changed it to Luke the Riolu

I just made mine late at night, ha.

I was young and obsessed with dragons. That's where Draco came from. However the Lizzy part is actually a shortened version of my middle name with a bit of a change. I took the liza out of Elizabeth and somehow ended up at Lizzy. I've been using this for as long as I can remember, but my usernames change often from things like ScreamingAtLightningBugs or DarkLordKitten. Maybe even StripeyBandit if open.

Rinoa Heartilly

Mother of Meltans
My username originates from my late grandmother. My middle name is Mhairi (Scottish Gaelic, pronounced "varry") and whenever there was good news or she wanted to comment on something in a positive manner, she would grin and say "Mhairi good then". I miss her every day; she was a huge part of my life. So I wanted a username that fitted me, but brought me happiness too. Hence, mhairigood was created.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
On some sights I use my actual name(Justin Hardin) but I use screen names for Steam and other things. My original screen name which I still use is Lerryt6754, which is one I created as a kid(for Minecraft) After getting into TF2, I changed my screen name on Steam to ThatJustinsASpy! Which is one of my favorite new ones. I have also been under joke screen names before, such as MEEEDDDIIIIIICCCC! And Persona5Pro(as if)

Anomaletix

Previously Keet
I actually have no clue how I got my name. I think I got some inspiration from something from Fire Emblem, but otherwise, I have literally no clue. The current username I have will probably change.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
I've had quite a few usernames, so I'll explain em all. Ejthenoob64 is my Roblox name and first name on this site, it stemmed from the fact that at the time, I was a noob at Roblox, so the name was fitting. Second is LegendtheEj6427, which is the mashup of the Legend 27 and Ejthenoob64 also at the time, I felt legendary. Next, and one of my personal favorites is CosmicSouls, which came from the user's CosmicDreams, which is now known as @Nebulix and Wandering Soul which is now known as @Shiny Blue Gardevoir as a tribute to both. And now, I am SoulDemon, which stemmed from the fact that "Soul" is my nickname on this site and I liked it and the fact that someone called me a useless demon and decided as a middle finger to them, to wear the title as demon proudly.

I really like jazz and Jitter my hands alot, So 'Jazz hands' came to mind. And I really like to read Myth's and thought of Cofrigigus. So Cofrigigus is a Ghost and very 'Creepy'. So I just came up with 'Ghostly'. Then just swapped it around to make 'Ghostly Jazz Hands'. Originally, however, I had a Name called CanHaunterBeHaunted? So I Used a Stupid Question about a Pokemon, and The First three that Came into mind was 'is Budew a bud', 'Can a Haunter be haunted', and 'Is Fearow often Feared'. I decided on door Number Dos (Two in Spanish) because it sounded VERY, VERY stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an online alias that's inspired from my mascot, Huggy B. aka this chick.
^

41080576_103605910599656_4599593946027393024_n.jpg

I just thought that the -Mo would make it sound cool was all.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
I have an account on another site and my username is inspired by my name from that site, if you find who made the picture I have now, that is my other account.

I say I have permission from them becouse I don't want people to call me a liar, and I am using an old version of that account's profile picture and only a bit of the name to make me look less like a theif.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Oh since I changed my name, this one has meaning too, in case you can't tell, it's a combination of Universal and Soul for UniverSoul.

Cheribe

Previously +BlueSalty
When I was still named TheAmazingScizor, I still really liked Pokémon, I don’t like Pokémon much anymore, and I really like Sonic the Hedgehog, so I changed my name from TheAmazingScizor to S0n1cTh3H3dg3h0g. The 0s represent Os, 1s mean Is, and 3s are Es. I’ve made lots of memories with this site, so I will not leave anytime soon!

My friends called me sly like a snake sometimes (still don't know why)
I found the tale of Orpheus interesting, nothing could resist his music and melody, neither friends nor enemies or beasts. Even trees and rocks were entranced with his music.
So I combined the 2 and wella you get Ophious

I have a weird thing that im always becoming dizzy when i stand up, so my friends always called me Dizzy. And i had a cat named Wizzy which i loved alot, so i call myself DizzyWizzy, but that sounds kinda childish so i just call myself DizzyW.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
Okay, due to me loosing my account I made a new one and wrote somthing random becouse I thought I would have just used it to contact the admins becouse my email didn't work, then they merged the accounts I lost stuff and recovered stuff

Skyst

Previously Luma_Star
My first user, Doctor_Hoo, was a play off one of my favourite TV show, Doctor Who. My current username, Luma_Star, is also a reference. When I was younger, I used to love to play second player with my brother on Super Mario Galaxy, because I could be this adorable orange star luma. Now I'm a luma star.

Yoshi Star Shine

Previously Moo Moo
Becouse I hate Pokémon, I named my account
Yoshi (fave Mario character)
Star
Shine

I was going to name Yoshi Star but it was taken by some person who has not been on since 2014 and only posted one thing ever -_- I looked it up.

It's a hybrid mesh of Kirkland-Jones. I actually just went by Kirkland-Jones, and then back in late 2017, my friend just started calling me KirkJo, our friends picked it up, and I loved it so much I pretty much just go by KirkJo these days.

Cheribe

Previously +BlueSalty
I changed my name recently to ThatOneSonicFan, cause well I think I'm really the only sonic fan here on Pokécharms. In Discord, @Killerbunny started calling me Sonic. So people just call me Sonic now. :p