• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One For Me And You | (Roleplay) |

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Raven slid smoothly into the booth on the other side of the table. Absol leaped up beside her. Picking up the menu, she scanned the list of entrees. “The Chansey egg omelette sounds good,” she said to Absol. Absol nodded her approval, licking her lips in anticipation.
Raven looked up at Makura, suddenly self-conscious. “I’m a vegetarian,” she confessed. “I don’t feel comfortable eating Pokémon. My parents were very explicit on the matter.”
Absol shook her head, as if to say, Better you than me.
“Um, so, what do you do when you’re not...” Raven gestured awkwardly to disguise her inability to express what she was thinking. “When you’re off school?”
@LightNexus

Last edited:
"I guess that Pokémon Battles are exciting, unless they're too intense. But I think that--- Why is the room a so much emptier?" Darcie looked around, her eyes wide. "Where did everyone run off to?" She looked back at Alex and his Corviknight. "Should have we went somewhere, or....?" She was confused. A second ago, everyone was there watching the battle and socializing, but now it was empty. "Strange... Um, should we leave?" Sge asked him, rubbing her arm.

Alex simply blinked at the realization on how empty the place was. "I think I heard some people say they were gonna go and get something to eat in separate groups. Since we're the only few left, do you wanna come with and maybe grab some food? I'll even be nice and let you choose where we eat." Alex offered with a smile while he turned when he heard a strange rumble... only for Galahad to look down in embarrassment which caused Alex to let out a light chuckle.

"Hm, so... I can choose where we eat. Hm, oh, I got it! Follow me!" Darcie grabbed Alex by the wrist and with the other She scooped up her Slurpuff. She smiled sweetly at Alex before dargging him out of the building and into the city. She didn't let go of him for a single moment, while she was searching for the place. In about two minutes, they finally arrived. "We're here! My favourite bakery!" It was a small building with glass doors and it had a big cupcake on top of it. In front of the cupcake, there were some giant letters that spelled out: 'Le Chen Bakery'. Inside, there could be seen a man behind a counter and a few tables. It looked like the owner just got there. She finally let go of Alex's wrist and looked at him. "So, what do you think?"

Alex blinked when Darcie grabbed his wrist while Galahad adopted a cautious persona and squawked as he followed his trainer. "There is a thing known as not dragging, you should try it sometime." Alex said with a clear sense of sarcasm before he looked up at the place she dragged him to. "A bakery huh? Not a bad choice. What do you think, Galahad?" He asked as he looked at his Corviknight who nodded before he gave an intimidating glace at Darcie... unlike with her Slurpuff, this look was intentional.

Darcie patted Slurpuff on the head.
"They make delicious bread and pastries," she told Alex, still admiring the giant cupcake. "I mainly come here when I don't have time to bake or when I'm just not in the mood for it." She smiled at the boy, and also noticed how his Corviknight was looking at her. "O...kay? I'm going to go in. And this time, I'll let you walk by yourself, in hopes that your bird will stop looking at me like I'm your enemy." She laughed awkwardly and entered the building.
"Well, well. If it isn't Darcie Simenera," a boyish voice could be heard. There was the owner's son, who was about the same age as her.
"Hi, Arthur," Darcie said, rolling her eyes. "Where's your dad?" The boy from behind the counter pointed a finger to the door at the back of the room.
"He had something to do in the back.... So, who's that?" He nodded in the direction of Alex.
"Oh, he's someone I met."
"Hm... No bruises, no black eyes, no casts... Huh, you must be getting along well." Darcie rolled her eyes, while Slurpuff giggled. She loved her trainer, but that was too true. Darcie sighed. She looked at Alex and gestured for him to come in.

Last edited:
"It's okay I understand. Though I can't say I exactly relate since Yumi hates battles." he looked down at his pokeball. The pokeball did a small wobble as if she was nodding. "But still, I hope your Buizel gets stronger". He looked around and noticed there were very few people left inside the warehouse. "Well, looks like a lot of other people had the same idea about getting something to eat. Should we go to eat now too, or should we go to the Pokemon Center for Buizel? I'm fine whichever and it's up to you. I have snacks. I'll live." he said as he pulled out a bag of steak strips and started chewing on one.

"Make sure of it and things won't end up worse." Alex said before he cleared his throat to get Galahad's attention, the Corviknight immediately went back to his normal demeanor as he followed Alex who followed Darcie into the bakery, he raised an eyebrow at the boy's response. "Really? What's she usually like?" Alex asked, his curiosity got the better of him before he browsed the selection of baked goods. "Decisions decisions... I may most likely choose a doughnut and as for Galahad." He said as he turned his eyes to the Corviknight who glared hungrily at the gingerbread Pokemon.

"I uhh, I usually play video games. You could say I'm kind of a nerd." Makura said with embarrassment. "Or I take care of Shade if needed. I just had more Pokemon with me. But sometimes you can't always get what you want." Makura felt a little down so he changed the subject. "So what looks good on the menu?!" he asked.

=Nightshade=

“Mm.” Raven nodded in acknowledgment. “I think more Pokémon might be a bit too much responsibility for me. I mean, I can barely take care of myself and Absol. But I think the Chansey egg omelette sounds good. And the berry bowl. Ooh, and the pancakes. It’s been so long since I had pancakes. I might actually get that, even though it’s lunchtime.” She laughed.

Arthur smiled cheekily at Darcie and then looked at Alex.
"Well, she's..." He stopped talking as he saw Darcie do the throat slit gesture. "...Um, she's nice. When she wants to be, at least..." He looked at Darcie, who simply nodded.
"Good," she said, his response being adequate. "And I will have two cupcakes. One for me and one for Slurpuff."
"Flavour?"
"One chocolate and one strawberry." Arthur nodded and went to fetch their orders. In a minute, he was back with a doughnut, some gingerbread men and two cupcakes. The two girls stared at the delicious spirally frosting on top of the cupcakes.
"That'll be seven, fifty." Darcie quickly looked through her bag and pulled out seven bucks and fifty cents, and handed them to Arthur. "Paying for everything, are you? Want to make a good impression?" Darcie gritted her teeth.
"I want to be nice. Now go annoy your dad, or whatever." The boy rolled his eyes.
"You're lucky that is something I enjoy. Enjoy the baked goods." He turned on his heel and went to the back room. Darcie sighed with relief.
"Phew, finally." She took her cupcake, while Slurpuff took hers and walked to a table, where and set down. She looked at Alex and gestured for him to come sit down.

Last edited:
Alex raised an eyebrow at Arthur's response mixed with Darcie's gesture, but decided to shrug it off and smiled when he saw her pay for the stuff, he and Galahad joined her at the table and took their food, while Alex took a bite of his doughnut, Galahad immediately ate one of his gingerbread men in one bite. "I think I've walked past this bakery a few times, never thought of going inside or even trying their goods. All I can say now is I've been missing out." Alex said before he took another bite of his doughnut... in his mind he was still curious as to the event at the counter, but he remained quiet. Darcie said she wanted to be nice, so Alex remained quiet on the subject so she could be just that.

Darcie smiled at Alex's words.
"This place is really special to me. The Le Chens are familly friends, you know? My mom and his mom have known each other since childhood. And me and Arthur, that boy just now, have known each other since childhood, as well. Not the best experience, but not the worst, I guess. And so, I come here a lot, to either try out their new recipes or just enjoy some sugar. This place is actually what got me into baking. Well, the bakery and this fella." She patted her Slurpuff, but then noticed that ger side of the table was empty. "Wait, where's your cupcake?" The Fairy Type giggled, and Darcie rolled her eyes. "Of course." And sighed and grabbed her cupcake. She delicately licked the tip of the chocolate frosting, trying to enjoy every second.

"Yeah same. I haven't had the pancakes in a while." Makura said with interest. "I might get the pancakes. Just for because I want to feel what's it like wake up in the morning, come down stairs, and have breakfast with my parents. But with a friend this time." Shade nudged Makura's leg, telling him that he wants something. "Don't worry Shade. I didn't forget about you. I'll get you a berry bowl." He said. Shade lighted up and jumped on Makura lap. "I know you like berries so..."

=Nightshade=

Raven let out a light laugh at Shade’s antics. She waved down a waiter. “Hey, um,” she began, old insecurities building up. She pushed them aside. “We’re, uh, ready to order.”
The waiter whipped out his notepad, and the Aipom on his shoulder gave a wave. “What can I get started for y’all?”
“I’ll, uh, have the pancakes?” Raven replied hesitantly. Absol lay a paw on the menu by the berry bowl. “And I think Absol wants—“
“A berry bowl?” the waiter interrupted. “Good choices, both of you. And for you?” The waiter turned to Makura.

Makura was too busy staring at the Aipom on the waiter's shoulder. "Huh! Oh sorry, I was too busy acknowledging your Aipom." Makura said feeling embarrassed. "It's alright sir. Please tell me what would you like to order?" The waiter asked. "I would like pancakes and..." before Makura could finish, the waiter jumped in. "Let me guess. You would like a berry bowl for your Umbreon?" The waiter asked. "Yeah, that's it." Makura said. "Alright, that's 2 pancakes and 2 berry bowls. Your orders will be out in just a little while." The waiter as he walked away from the table.

=Nightshade=

Raven kept a tight, uncomfortable smile pasted on her face as the waiter walked away, the Aipom swinging its tail. When he was out of sight, she let out her breath and relaxed. “Sheesh,” she sighed. “I need to get out more.”
Absol nuzzled her cheek in a rare show of affection, and Raven smiled again, this time genuinely. She diverted her flickering silver gaze to Makura.
“Hey, so, do you play any sports? Or battle?” she asked curiously.

Alex was halfway done with his doughnut while Galahad had one gingerbread left. "A baker huh? You should show me how well you do it sometimes and see if you're stuff is more delicious than this." He said with a smile. "And I hear Pokemon tend to inspire a lot of people with their goals, but around this city it just seems like nobody even has a dream... unlike us of course." He said before he took another bite.

"Yeah, I'll help you with getting out more." Makura while smiling. "Anyways, I'm not much a person for sports. I am a decent battler. But some reason whenever I'm backed in some corner during battle, I just change. I feel stronger than I was ever and I just come back and win. And I'm hoping this feeling can help when it's needed the most in One for Us." He said with worry. Shade slapped Makura cheek telling him to get it together. "Alright bud, I'm alright. How about you? Are you into sports? Or battle?"

=Nightshade=

Well, that was quite the question. Raven thought that one over for a bit before replying. “Um. I don’t really play sports, but I like to run, and before... before, I used to do martial arts. I was good at it too, but then...” She trailed off into a sigh as thoughts of her dead parents roared back in full force of grief. “Absol and I have been training to get better at battling. We have some tricks up our sleeves that will hopefully give us an edge if we need it.”
The teen broke Makura’s gaze as she turned to look out the window. “You miss them too, don’t you, Absol?” she whispered to her partner. Absol made a soft sound in the back of her throat. “Yeah. But we have to move on. It’s... it’s what they would have wanted us to do.”
She turned back to Makura and smiled tiredly. “I think One For Us is just what I... we... need.”

"Well I'm glad to hear that!" Makura said. "Maybe sometime we can train together. You know so we be ready for anything. Maybe even double battles." Makura smiled at while blushing just a little bit. Shade watched Makura as he was blushing at Raven. He pointed his paw at Makura's cheek possibly telling him that he's blushing. "W-what?? I-I'm not blushing Shade. You're seeing things..." Makura said with embarrassment as he looked out the window.

=Nightshade=

A slight grin played on Raven’s lips. Makura was blushing, a slight pinkish tinge in his cheeks, as Shade jabbed a paw in the direction of his face.
“Double battles sound like fun,” she said. “Um. Do you want my number, so, uh, we could find a time for a training session?” Great. Now she was blushing too. “I just thought—“ Raven was saved from the slight awkwardness of the moment as the waiter had returned with their food. She chewed her lower lip nervously as he approached.
“Two pancakes and two berry bowls?” the waiter asked. Raven nodded mutely. The waiter set down the food in front of them and left, the Aipom grinning back at them until the pair disappeared around a corner.
The heat had still not dissipated from her cheeks. Absol, as if to highlight the fact, discreetly motioned with her tail to Raven’s face.
“Stop it,” Raven muttered, lightly smacking Absol’s tail away. “I know, I know, but do you have to rub it in?”
Absol grinned smugly at Shade, as if to say, Look, she’s doing it too!

"Oh, no, no, no. I could not do such a thing. You see, everything I know was thaught to me by Arthur's father," Darcie began her monologue. "These goods were baked by Arthur. And, while I certainly could surpass him, I don't think I could exceed his dad, you know?" Right next to her, there could be heard soft snoring, which was coming from her Slurpuff, who got extremely bored from all of her trainer's talking. Darcie quickly glanced at her and sighed. She took a bite out of her cupcake and continued. "Anyway, I would've joined this bakery a loooong time ago, but the Le Chens don't accept Pokémon to be part of their staff. It's not that they don't like them, they just think that they can do it on they're own. And they certainly can." Meanwhile, while she was rambling on about the bakery, Slurpuff woke up from her sleep and noticed how much her trainer was talking. When she was finished, the Meringue Pokémon tapped her hand and whispered something in her ear. "What? I didn't talk that much. Wait..." She looked at Alex. "Did I?"

Shade grins back at Absol telling her, I know those two are so cute together. "Uh, yeah sure...I'll give you my number." Makura while he was still blushing. "I don't have a piece of paper so I'll just write it down on a napkin." So he grabbed a napkin and wrote down his number. "Alright, here's my number. Now let's eat before our pancakes get cold." Makura grabbed a bottle of syrup and poured some on his pancakes.

=Nightshade=

Raven stared down at the napkin with Makura’s number on it for a second before whipping out her phone and adding him to contacts. She stowed the device back in her jeans pocket.
“These smell so good!” She breathed in deeply and inhaled the sweet, homey scent of the fresh pancakes. Once Makura was done with the syrup, she poured some on her own. Raven cut into the fluffy cakes and put a bite in her mouth. “Omigod. They taste even better.”
Absol let out a groan of ecstasy as she dig into her own dish.
“Remind me to leave a good tip,” Raven said. “This place is awesome.”
@LightNexus

Last edited:
Alex simply rested his head on the arms that supported it as he listened to what Darcy said, his facial expression looked as if he began to zone out while his Corviknight seemed to have his eyes closed and swayed lightly from side to side as if it tried to sleep standing up. "I think I understand." Alex replied as he lightly backhanded his Corviknight to wake him up, the gentle slap caused Galahad to wake up spontaneously and dart his head from side to side before he saw where he was. "I mean, I bet the food might also be bad if a Trubbish or Grimer was found in the kitchen... or any Poison type Pokemon." He added.

Darcie frowned at the boy. She couldn't stop thinking that she was boring him, and that is definitely not the way to start a friendship. She awkwardly rubbed her arm and avoided eye contact.
"Um, I guess you're right..." She let out a shaky sigh. Slurpuff gave her trainer a worried look and then went to whisper something in her ear. "Oh... yeah, of course." Darcie looked at Alex with a more serious look than usual. "Okay, so... Tell me a little bit about yourself. I don't want to bore you by talking only about myself, so I want to know just... who are you." She smiled weakly, hoping that she saved the situation a little bit.

Last edited:
"Yeah no kidding. These pancakes are do smell good. And taste even better." Makura replied with smile that was brighter than the sun. Shade took one bite of one of the fruits and he was delighted from how good it was. He purred, then dug his face in the bowl and kept eating the fruits. "Calm down Shade. I know the fruit is really good, but you need to slow down. I don't want you to choke." Shade slowed down just a little bit as he was eating. The waiter walked up to Makura and Raven. "Is everything all right over here?" He said with a smile. "Yes, everything is just wonderful. The food is really delicious. Even our Pokemon our enjoying it!' Makura said.

=Nightshade=

Raven smiled at the waiter in agreement with Makura, but kept her silence. She may have opened up to Makura and somewhat Levi, but everyone else was pretty much foreign. Luckily, or unluckily depending on how she looked at it, the silence was filled with Absol and Shade chomping berries.
The waiter smiled, his Aipom sitting on his head. “Well, just let me know if you need anything. It’s a nice change to see a couple Pokémon trainers around.”
As the waiter left, Raven took another delicate bite of pancake. She couldn’t think of anything to talk about. Or think of anything, really. She drummed her fingers on the table in a rhythmic pattern.
“You want to play a game?” she asked suddenly. “We can take turns asking questions to get to know each other better. Like, I’ll start. What’s your favorite color?”

"Uhh my favorite color...It has to be either cyan or black." Makura said. "Lets see...what is a good question that I can ask you." Makura had to think of question but he seem to look like he's having a hard time trying to think of one. "Hmm...I can't seem to think of one. Hmm...Oh! I have one! Out of all the Pokemon types, which one of the types are your favorite? Mine is the Dark if you haven't already noticed." Makura said as he took a bite out of his pancakes.

=Nightshade=

“Dark,” Raven agreed, and Absol paused in her food-fest just long enough to nuzzle her. The girl put another forkful of pancakes into her mouth. She chewed slowly to buy time to think of a question. “Er... favorite book genre?”

"Favorite book genre...I don't really read books that often." Makura replied. Hmm...if I were to pick a book genre, I would probably to go with either Science fiction or fantasy. I do like those from time to time." He said. "Alright next question for you. Your favorite video game genre? I love good fighting, puzzle, or racing game."

=Nightshade=

Raven pondered that question for a bit. “Hm. Skill and strategy,” she finally decided. “I like things like platformers, but I also like things like sudoku and minefield.” She chewed more syrup-ridden pancakes as she thought of a question. “Umm... let’s see...” Raven thought the question she was about to ask was rather personal, but she couldn’t seem to think of anything else. “Biggest fear?”

"My biggest fear...hmm" Makura thought of his time that he was left behind by his parents. He closed his eyes and let out a huge sigh while thinking about his parents. "My uhh...biggest fear has to be losing the ones that I love and care about probably. I usually have that sense of fear when it comes to those type of things." Makura said while looking down at Shade then looking back at Raven while blushing again. He took another bite of his pancakes and looked out the window trying to cover his blush covered cheeks.

=Nightshade=

“Yeah.” Raven looked down at her plate, desperately fighting back the flush that threatened to creep up her cheeks. “I think that would be mine, too.”

Her left hand found Absol and tightened in the Pokémon’s thick ruff of fur. Absol kept eating, heedless of the intense emotions all but radiating off her trainer. The silence stretched out, nothing but the clinking of forks and knives on plates to fill it, but Raven couldn’t figure out how to break it. She didn’t know what to say.

Anyway...moving on to the next question. "Makura said as he tried to brighten up the room. "Let's see... have you ever traveled anywhere. Like a different region of some sort. Me, I'm not much of a traveler. I like staying at place. It makes me feel like this is where I belong." Makura said as he puts his hands on his cheeks to cover his blush.

=Nightshade=

Raven smiled slightly, a melancholy smile laden with untold secrets and memories locked away. “As long as Absol’s by my side, I don’t care where I am. As long...” Her voice shook, and she forced herself to finish the sentence. Her eyes raised to Makura, emotions rawly displayed on her face. “As long as I have a friend,” she finished quietly.

Raven’s appetite had evaporated. She realized then that there were no longer passionate eating sounds coming from beside her. She looked down to see Absol eyeing what was left of her pancakes hungrily, and moved the plate closer to the Disaster Pokémon with a laugh.

“Go ahead, Absol.” As Raven gave her permission, Absol wasted no time in beginning to devour what remained.

"Hmm...Man I'm pretty full myself." Makura while patting his stomach. As soon as he finished his sentence, Shade finished his last bite of fruits. He looked up at Makura's plate then back at him. "Fine, Shade you can have the rest of mine. Shade lighted up then jumped on Makura's lap dug into whatever was left on his plate. "Geez Shade you take no time to eat my plate. You just finished it off." Makura said shockingly.

=Nightshade=

“Sometimes I think they’ll eat the coating right off the plate,” Raven agreed, laughing. “Absol always has had a ravenous appetite. You put some food in front of her, and it’ll be gone before you can say “dinner before dessert”!”

Absol, licking her lips, cast an annoyed glance up at Raven. Apparently, she disliked that analogy. “Well, you know it’s true,” the girl said defensively.

"I don't know about Shade." Makura said questionably. "He probably wouldn't eat like that. I taught him how to be a proper gentle Pokemon." Shade, licking his lips, took a glance at Makura and stuck his tongue out at him. "Shade, you got syrup on your face bud. Here let me get it for you." Makura reached in his bag and took out some wet wipes. He wiped down Shade's face and then said, "There, now your face won't be sticky." Shade glared at him then turned back to look at Absol, possibly telling her, Why did he have to do this?