• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join One For Me And You | (Roleplay) |

As Toshi opened the doors, Makura couldn't help but walk in and admire how big the warehouse was. "Wow, this place is huge! Never thought it would be like this." Makura said with absolute shock. Shade followed as well with sense of shock. "Come on Shade! Let's check what's in this building for a little while." Shade nodded with agreement. Makura walked over the left side of the warehouse to see what was in here.

"Thanks. She's adorable and the best friend I've ever had," said Levi as he turned around to see Toshi open the building. He walked in and was surprised by the sheer amount of furniture that was in that building. "Good thing that we don't have to spend a single dime furnishing this place." He walked up the stairs and found the bathrooms, a closet, and a few empty rooms. There weren't any computers or anything but there was a decent amount of stuff there. He looked inside a couple of rooms and even an elevator. "This place is sweet." he sat down in one of the rooms with a couch on it. Levi sent out his Snom still basically asleep. He wrapped Yumi in his hoodie and placed it on the couch and the Snom slept looked much more comfortable. He looked out the window and he looked out onto the city. "I think this might be the start of something amazing."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
While Justin patiently waited for a response, Octoling noticed the little Snom sleeping on the couch, and it got really excited about it. “Grapploct!” She cried, with enthusiasm but quiet enough to not awaken the Snom. Tugging on Justin’s arm quickly, Justin looked down, wondering why she was so riled up. “What is it, Octoling? Your not usually this full of energy unless...” Justin began to say, stopping after he’d seen the little snow bug on the couch sleeping. “Alright, I’ll ask it’s trainer if you can go observe. But it’s sleeping, so no touching or loud noises, ok?” He said. Octoling nodded rapidly in reply. Justin walked over to who he believed he’d seen take the Snom out of it’s ball, a black haired trainer in a hoodie, currently looking out the window. “Hey, uh, are you that Snom’s trainer? I was wondering if you would let my Grapploct... observe it? I know that sounds weird, but she really likes baby and younger Pokémon... I, uh, already told her not to wake it up...” Justin asked awkwardly, not expecting to have to ask such a weird question.

Darcie listened closely to Toshi's speech. Apparently, someone might have left something 'behind'.
"Who even are these people? I wonder who he got it from?" Darcie thought. "Is this sketchy, or am I reading too much into this? I'm probably reading too much into this. Or am I?" She shrugged and watched Toshi swipe a keycard which opened the doors. "Nicer than opening with a key, I guess." She looked down at her Slurpuff. "Ready to enter, girl?" The Meringue Pokémon smiled brightly and nodded. "Okay, let's see how it looks like close up." They walked into the warehouse and looked around. "This is nice. Could use a bit more decorations, but it's nice." Slurpuff looked around the room mesmerized. "I guess you think so too."

He continues to admire the place before talking aloud to everyone. “My parents have connections to some company with buildings like these, but the old owners have left a long time ago. It was pretty cheap, but I’m surprised they left the furniture. I toured here, so this is the stage floor and above us is the lounge with stuff you might normally find in a household, so it’s pretty big up there too.” He jumps off of the stage and walks around some more. He sighed and looked happy. He starts to talk to himself. “Yeah, this might just be something amazing, but only time will tell.” He then looks back at everyone and speaks aloud to them again. “Feel free to walk around the building. As far as I’m concerned, you are all now a part of the group! If any of you don’t feel like being in the group anymore let me know, but I’ll be doing some things to clean up the place, so come and find me if you need me.” He stops and sighs again. He walks to the benches by the stage and sits down, Buizel sat besides him. Buizel knew something was wrong so she leaned her head against him. “I’m okay, just thinking is all..” He looked like he was starring into space.

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
Raven smiled, a little sadly, at the boy with the Corviknight. Once most of the people had filed into the building, she followed, letting the boy’s hand drop off her shoulder. Absol kept close at her heels as they entered.
Everyone seemed very impressed with the setup and the amount of furniture that remained. Raven took a quick glance around, then sat down on a bench, pulling her denim jacket closer around her tight-fitting black turtleneck. Absol leaped neatly onto the bench beside her and sat down. When they were both sitting, Absol was actually taller than her.
No one sat down next to her for a while, and as she looked around the building, she felt more and more comfortable. Soon, she felt just as at home here as she felt when in the tree she actually called home.
The Toshi boy’s speech had moved her. It seemed like he really believed in what he was doing.
These people get me almost as much as Absol, she thought. Maybe this was a good thing. Maybe this will work out.

"This place is great, but it is kinda dusty. Can't complain about that though. This place hasn't been used in years." Levi turned around as he heard a voice behind him. "Oh. Hello. I'm Levi and I suppose your Grapploct can watch Yumi for me. She doesn't do much though. But, one warning, she often spews powder snows in her sleep." said Levi as he felt a perfectly timed chill on his hand. "Kinda like this. Now if you'll excuse me I need to wash my hand before I catch hypothermia. 'Mind watching Yumi for a sec'?" he said as he stepped out of the room and walked into the bathroom where he ran his hand under cool water. "I wonder if the meeting will start soon."

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
“Oh, alright then! I’m, uh, Justin by the way.” He responded to Levi. As Levi went to clean off his hand, Octoling and Justin Wales over towards the couch and the sleeping Snom. “Alright, be careful. Levi said it might spew ice. Although, I don’t think it will be a problem for you, I did find you in a pretty cold climate.” Justin said. The Grapploct nodded its head rapidly and got closer. “Grappleoct...” she said, overwhelmed with how cute the ice bug was, and blushing as well. She observed it sleeping, a bit close, but not enough to make the bug uncomfortable. True to what Levi said, it did spew a little powder, but Octoling didn’t care and continued observing it. “She really likes younger Pokémon, huh? Also, first time I’ve seen a Snom in person.” Justin said to himself. While he would’ve got to know the other trainers, he felt inclined to keep to himself for the time being. He was grateful that Levi had let them watch the Snom, though.

Alex let out a whistle in amazement at the sight of the location they were to do their work in. "Now this is what I call a base of operations!" He said with a big smile. "Of course it'll need a bit of spic'n'span but this looks like it'll be one hell of a clubhouse." He added as his Corviknight waddled inside to observe the interior while Alex turned and nodded his head at the newcomer with a Grapploct.

TheJustinMann

Previously TheJustinMan
As Justin was helping watch the Snom, he noticed another trainer nod in is direction. He hesitated on whether he should go talk to them, but he decided it would be rude if he didn’t. “Don’t harm or wake up the Snom, okay?” Justin said, as Octoling nodded swiftly before he walked away. Approaching the trainer, he got a little nervous and awkward, but held his composure as best he could. “Uh, hi there! My names Justin! I suppose we’ll be seeing a lot more of each other from no on, huh?” He said. Meanwhile, Octoling was having a hard time resisting her urge to pat the bug. “Maybe if I pat really gently...” she thought, before crossing her arms and shaking the thought, respecting her trainers request.

Makura checked out the left side of the warehouse. "Nothing special on this side. Oh well, I'm getting kind of tired. Shade, how about you?" Makura asked. Shade was stretching with a tired look on his face. "Let's find a place to continue our rest." Makura looked around to find a place to relax. He noticed girl with the Absol sitting there. "You know I haven't really interacted with a lot of people ever since my parents left me. Maybe this will a great opportunity to do just that." Makura thought to himself. So he and Shade walked over to the girl with confidence. "Um excuse me...you wouldn't if Shade and I sit with you, do you? I'm kind of trying to make new friends since I didn't have any growing up." Makura said.

=Nightshade=

Another person approached Raven. A black-haired boy with an Umbreon. "No, go ahead." She shifted on her seat. "I... didn't really have friends either. After my parents died, I just... I'm not very social. Before today, the last time I had a conversation with someone was when I was ten. I guess I'm kind of looking for a person who will understand me, something I was too scared to do until now."

"Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your parents. My parents left me alone because of their job so I kind of understand. What I can't understand was why they didn't take me with them." Makura sat down with frustrated look on his face. Shade jumped on Makura's lap to comfort him. "Anyways, my name's Makura, what's your name? He asked.

=Nightshade=

Raven covered her face. "God, where are my manners? I'm Raven; this here is my partner Absol. It's, uh... It's nice to meet you, Makura." She made a face. "That is what I'm supposed to say, right? I am so out of the social graces." Absol set one paw on the girl's knee. "Thanks, Absol," she said gratefully, and resumed stroking its back. "Pokemon are really the only thing that held me back from insanity," she went on. "That's the only reason I stayed here and joined One For Us even after people started showing up. I want other people to know the joy of having a friend that will love you unconditionally, even when their other loved ones pass."
She looked away, afraid she might have said something wrong, or something that sounded dumb. Her gaze dropped to her lap. "Is that weird?"

After Levi washed of the snow and and heated up his hand to a comfortable tenperature he walked back to the room. When he got back there were more people in the room. He walked over back to the room where Yumi was in. When he got back Alex and his Corviknight were in the doorway. "Oh hey." He said as he looked over at Yumi basically woke up and crawled back over to Yumi. "Looks like you're up. Did you enjoy your nap?" "Sno-Sno" she said energetically (for the first time today). "Thanks for watching Yumi." He said to Justin. "You too." He said to the Grapploct.

Last edited:
"N-no it's not weird. You're just getting used to having a conversation with others and I can relate. I'm usually bad at having conversations with people I just meet." Makura said while scratching behind Shade's ears. "I joined because I wanted to make new friends and know what it's like to have them by your side no matter what." Makura looked at Raven and smiled. "You know Raven, I think you and me are going to become great friends!"

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Allie had gotten distracted by Eve's antics, but quickly entered the building along with the others. Dusting off her hands for no particular reason, she beamed.
"This is great! So much space in here!" she cheered.
Eve, on the other hand, looked rather unimpressed. She looked around, turning up her nose.

=Nightshade=

Raven blushed. Unfortunately, it was quite noticeable against her pale skin. “Thank you,” she said quietly. “I think so, too.”
She flashed him a timid smile, then looked away. The smile still remained.

Alex simply looked around before he decided to go and find Toshi, meanwhile, Galahad wandered off and went back to the boy with the Snom, occasionally he darted his head to the Absol. "So, Toshi is it? Sorry if I'm bothering you, but do you have any plans on what to get started with?" He asked out of curiosity while his eyes looked over at his Buizel.

"I couldn't help but noticed that you're blushing. Was it something I said, Rave? Makura with a questioned look on his face. "Oh, and is it okay if I call you Rave? I-if you don't want me to I won't."

=Nightshade=

“N-no, you’re fine,” Raven stuttered, hating the way her blush grew deeper. “I-it’s fine if you call me Rave.”
What was this, that made her stammer and blush? She had never felt anything like it before.
“It’s just... you’re a really nice person, and I guess I’m just not used to that. It’s always nice to have someone to... to talk to...”
Absol teasingly plucked at Raven’s jacket. “Stop it,” Raven whispered to her Pokémon with an elbow. “Makura’s just nice, is all.”
Absol looked at her knowingly, but stopped tapping the buttons on her jacket.
Raven tucked a loose strand of hair behind her ear, at a loss for what to say next. She cast wildly about for a subject that wouldn’t make her feel dumb. “So, um, how did you meet Shade?”

"Well uh, I met Shade when he was just an egg. When I was young, I visited an elderly woman who had a Flareon and an Espeon. She told me she had an egg from the Pokemon, so she asked me if I wanted to take care of it. I said yes, I always wanted to take care of a Pokemon. Over the years of taking care of Shade as an egg, he hatched as an Eevee, I took care of him, played with him, and enjoyed having him as a friend. We went out for midnight stroll, and we gotten so close that he unexpectedly evolved during our walk." Makura explained while scratching Shade's head as he woke up from his nap. "But yeah, that's how I met him."

He noticed someone walking up to him, it looked to be Alex. He looked up and quickly changed from zoning out to cheerful looking. Buizel also looked at Alex. "Oh um.. all I plan for right now is to get everyone acquainted with each other and then we will do some event between all of us, like a Pokemon Battle or a Showcase of some sort. We'll have people vote in case not everyone is up for something." Toshi too thought of what to try to do next in case if people are done soon.

Darcie looked around the room. Everyone seemed to be getting on well. She leaned againts a wall and looked down at her Slurpuff.
"So, who do you like the most from here. I mean, I haven't really talked to everyone, so, you could choose appearence wise." Slurpuff thought for a moment, and then pointed at the founder of 'One For Us'. "Toshi, eh? Well, he is the only one we got to know. Hm... Yeah, I choose him too. The others are... chatty." She lowered her voice, so that only her Pokémon could hear her. "I heard a girl saying that her parents died. That's not something you would say to someone you just met." She rubbed her arm. "It's pretty weird, huh? I'll need to get used to this." She sighed and continued her people judging---er, watching.

=Nightshade=

“Absol and I met in a similar way, actually,” Raven replied. “Only her egg was given to me by a local professor. This was when I was younger, before my family moved here for my mother’s job. He said that he had so many things to do that he didn’t have time to look after an egg. So he gave it to me. When Absol hatched, I was so happy.”
A soft smile spread across her face, and Absol nuzzled her cheek.
“We grew up together,” she continued. “I don’t know what I would have done without her.”

Alex simply nodded and went to pat Toshi's shoulder. "Right, not trying yo pressure you or anything." He said before he stepped away to see about anyone else to talk to, Galahad returned to his trainer to nuzzle him, "Hey pal. Thought I'd have a lil' talk with the leader, let's go and socialize, huh?" He asked while the Corviknight let out a little squawk before he turned to a girl with a Slurpuff and immediately walked up to them. "Choosing for me eh?" Alex asked as he put his hands in his pockets and followed them to the pair. "Hey there, you looked like you were on your own--minus the cool Pokemon with you-- so my partner here thought socializing with you would be cool. The name's Alex." Alex said with a small smile.

"What a coincidence that both our Pokemon hatched from egg. Hmm what's another subject we can talk about? Would rather do things on your own or would do things with the friends you make? Me personally, I would rather things with my friends because it can fun!" Makura with a smile on his face.

=Nightshade=

It depends on who the friends are, Raven thought, amused. “I’m not sure,” she said instead. “I think it really depends on what the activity is and which friend exactly I’d refer to.”
She cast a sideways glance at him, half-wanting him to see that she meant him, she wouldn’t mind doing something with him, but she wasn’t too keen on anybody else.
You’re the only one who understands me, other than Absol, she wanted to say. But she didn’t say anything more.

"Hmm, why is she looking at me like that? Is she referring to me?" Makura thought to himself. "I'm glad that you could feel a little more comfortable. It's not everyday that I do this to those I just met." He said to Raven.

Last edited:

=Nightshade=

“Yeah.” Raven rubbed her arm self-consciously. “It... actually feels pretty nice to socialize after a few years of minimal contact. I didn’t realize how much I had missed it. Thank you, Makura,” she said sincerely, meaning every word, “for being my friend in a world where so many people are determined to be alone. Me included,” she added wryly, and Absol let out a chuffing sound that could have been a laugh. “It’s been so long since I opened up to someone. And it feels great to have that burden off my shoulders!”
She laughed aloud as if to illustrate the point. “I feel free.”

Levi looked around the place and realized he was quite bored. "I guess we should do something to be productive huh Yumi?" "Nommy" "Yup. First things first I should go and find some cleaning supplies." Said Levi as he walked around the second floor. He looked into a few of the rooms and found a closet with a bucket, mop, pack of sponges and some soap. "I suppose first things first is to start sweeping" said Levi as he reaches into the back and grabbed a push broom. He started sweeping the floor as he was lost in thought. "This place could use a healing station. Though those are expensive. Maybe in the meantime we could set a small room aside for a pokemon clinic. Heh maybe I could even work there. Ehh I lack the experience." He thought as Yumi was helping by hold the dustpan.

Steps could be heard, and they were coming her way. Darcie looked up and saw a big metal crow coming her way. She wanted to take a step back, but she couldn't penetrate the wall. She looked at the boy that accompanied the Raven Pokémon. Apparently, his name was Alex. And he also said that Slurpuff was a cool Pokémon, which made the Fairy Type giggle. Darcie looked the boy up and down before answering.
"Oh, um, hello there. My name is Darcie, and this is my partner, Slurpuff." Slurpuff waved excitedly at them.

"Your welcome. If tou feel like ever talking to me about anything, you can come to me. And I'll try my best to help you any way I can." Makura said. Shade nudged at Makura. "What is it Shade?" He pointed outside the tree ha and Makura were sitting under before the meeting started. "Okay Shade, when this meeting is over we'll relax under the tree again." Makura said while petting him.

Buizel sat on Toshi's lap looking up at him. She only pinched his leg a bit to try to get a reaction out of him. Toshi snapped out of his long thinking session as he jumped up with Buizel flying out of his lap. He got shocked not realizing Buizel was there and he quickly grabbed her upside down. "Buizel, I got an idea! Why don't we try setting up a Pokemon battle here?" Buizel quickly looked at her trainer with a weary look. "Oh don't worry, we can make it down to half health or something, it won't be that bad."

Buizel looked reassured as she nodded and jumped out of his arms onto his shoulders. "Alrighty then!" He jumped off the benches and onto the stage again. Buizel jumped off his shoulder onto the stage in front of him. The stage looked like an old fashioned, color worn field. It's blue and red-colored halves were faded a bit with the trainer standing areas in a black box where he stood. "Hey everyone! If anyone wants to have a battle with me, come on in!" He looked pumped and ready, and so was Buizel.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
At the mention of a battle, the blue-haired girl jumped. She bolted to the field, Eve almost falling off her shoulder.
"I'd love to battle! If it's okay with Eve, of course..." She glanced at the Evolution Pokemon on her shoulder.
Eve gave an affirmative yip, before leaping down, doing a flip in the air, and getting into a battle stance. She was clearly offering the first move to the Water-type.

Toshi smirked at the sudden eagerness of the girl. Buizel looked at the Eevee with a smirk with a little playful look as well. "Oh, well I'm glad you took the offer. I at least have some manners, so how about ladies first?" Buizel looked to him with a nod as Toshi too nodded back. He smiled at the girl but also inspected her in all ways. His battles were not meant for just fun, but also as a test of sorts.

Alex nodded. "Darcie, nice name. What exactly made you wanna come to this club, Darcie?" He asked while the Corviknight curiously glared at the Slurpuff with an unintentionally intimidating look on his face, something the steel raven seemed unable to control ever since he evolved. Alex' eyes curiously turned over in curiosity and noticed potential signs of a battle, but his gaze remained focused on Darcie as to not be rude and immediately leave her after a recent greeting.

=Nightshade=

Raven blushed again and was about to reply, when Toshi called out that he would have a battle with anyone who wanted to. The Eevee girl practically fell over with excitement as she accepted. The two ducked into another room.

Raven, feeling lighter than ever, laughed. “Let’s watch them!” she said, eyes dancing, as she tugged Makura’s sleeve. “It’ll be fun!”

Her flush got deeper as she became aware of her fingers brushing his wrist, but she didn’t care. It was the first day since ten years old she had felt comfortable with who she was. She was not going to deny her emotions.

This is who I am, Raven thought. I know who I am. The realization thrilled her. And it’s beautiful.

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
The young trainer laughed. "Normally I'd object, but if you insist... Quick Attack!"
Eve's body was cloaked in a white light, as she zigzagged around the field, then lunged at the Buizel from the left. A trail of white energy blazed behind her, her movement speed greatly heightened by the attack.

Toshi pointed his finger towards the fast approaching Eevee. "Quick! Use Aqua Jet!" Buizel quickly activated Aqua Jet and flew past the Eevee with a fast enough speed to come close to matching the Eevee's Quick Attack. She missed. Buizel stopped and looked at Toshi with a concerned look. Toshi smiled and nodded at Buizel. "Don't worry about it, just stay focused. Just prepare a Water Gun, kay?" Buizel nodded back and generated water in her mouth in preparation.