• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Normal 3DS

I am thinking of buying a 3DS and selling my DSi, but there is one thing I am not so sure about. Can you play normal DS games on the 3DS? Because I have loads of DS games and I don't want to just get rid of them. So, can you play basic DS games on the 3DS? Thank you.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Sir Alexander Onyx said:
I am thinking of buying a 3DS and selling my DSi, but there is one thing I am not so sure about. Can you play normal DS games on the 3DS? Because I have loads of DS games and I don't want to just get rid of them. So, can you play basic DS games on the 3DS? Thank you.

Yep, you can. The resolution of the DS games looks slightly off on the 3DS at first, but you can fix that quite easily.

Since you already have a DSi you're not missing out on the GBA slot anyways, so you really have nothing to lose with upgrading. The only thing you'd miss, for now, is the DSiWare access. You can't buy/download games onto the 3DS yet, but the function will be coming later this year.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
And by "later this year", Katie means in a few weeks. The update that brings that, along with the web browser and the GB Virtual Console is due in May.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
And by "later this year", Katie means in a few weeks. The update that brings that, along with the web browser and the GB Virtual Console is due in May.

Seriously? I thought it was end of summer. That's awesome. :D

And yes, what Mr. Nick Fury said.

Thanks guys. But one more thing that I really need to know; Do 3DSs make you feel sick? I mean, there has been reports over the world that they cause dizziness and sickness. Is it true?

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
As someone who is usually quite sensitive to 3D effects, the 3D is utterly fine for me. It's adjustable anyway, so if it's a bit excessive in certain games or apps, you can just move the slider and fix it.