• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

*Nintendogs official discussion*

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
If you're in the UK and can get to Lakeside shopping centre this week, that is. He'll be found in that well-known purveyor of video games, Woolworths. Uh...

TBA: Re. Clock trick. How about setting the clock back a couple of days, playing with the dog for, say, 20 min, then setting it forward, and playing with the dog for another 20 min, etc? Doing an hour or a couple of hours all on one real-life day, but fooling the console into thinking it was split over several days?

It's just that, while Nintendogs is cute an' all, I have way too much going on in my life to want to play a game where I HAVE to switch it on every day. And I can't accept the "it's a virtual pet, it doesn't really have feelings" because I am the person who cannot kill sims. A story my friends tell to point out how obsessive I am with video games is that, when we went to the Game On exhibition at the Barbican a few years ago (a massive videogames retrospective, with many old original machines), I walked past a PC running The Sims. I noticed that all the family were really, really miserable - in fact, all three sims had totally red-ded out mood. So I had to fix them. I had to! 45 minutes later the others came back and I was still there playing that family - but now their moods were all maxed out on green. They said "You know as soon as you walk away someone's just going to torment them again", and I replied "I'll leave the game paused!".

OK, so I am weird. What's new?

Quite honestly... I don't know. I haven't tried to do the clock trick. That sounds like it should work, but then again, I'm not a programmer - there could be a safeguard in against that as well.

I've tried changing the date and setting the clock to 11:59PM but nothing seems to work, it would be nice though. The three day limit on competitions is the most annoying thing.

I know there's a way to walk the dog as many times as you like without having to wait half an hour. I'm pretty sure it doesn't actually add anything to the dogs stats, stamina etc. It does allow for mass gift hording however :p All you have to do is take your nintendog on a walk through as many ? boxs as possible while still going to the park and home again. Make sure you go through all the ? boxes BEFORE going to the park. Once you've collected as much gifts as you can or seen as many dogs as you'd like simply go to the park and switch your nintendogs accessory. This saves the game but not fully, meaning, it records all the added gifts but not the fact that you've actually walked the dog. Really good if you want lots of items ^^

I just adopted my third and most likely final dog, a female Shiba Inu named Ivy.

Khan now knows how to spin while begging and also how to breakdance. :D

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
OMG... It's coming to Lakeside?!?! SOMETHING'S ACTUALLY HAPPENING IN MY REGION?! *rushes to Lakeside* I so need Nintendogs now. :p