• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Nintendo overdoing innovation?

I wacthed the E3 09 from my house, and when i saw more than half of the gaming companies saying that they were doing RIDICULOUS games for the DS, I was thinking "Why is Nintendo doing this? Sure, casual games are fun once in a while, but The DS is so chalked up with them, hardcore gamers are barely getting good until 2010!

Sure, were getting Mario Galaxy 2 & LoZ Spirit Tracks, but SMG 2 seems just any "childish" as SMG 1, while Spirit Tracks just looks like a Phantom Hourglass rip-off so Nintendo can milk money from an existing game.

I mean, Personal Trainer: WALKING?! Do you seriously need a $30 game to tell you how much to walk?! And Wii Fit just seems like a self-esteem crusher for obese people. And all these un-fun WiiWare games need to stop.

First of all, I had the chance to attend E3 09 and since you didn't see or actually play the demos of said games your judgment is rather false. The DS is not a "hardcore" gamer handheld console. Having had played the LoZ: Spirit Tracks and I can easily say it's similar to Loz:pH but not the same. Do some research before you make such accusations.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I think the very fact that Nintendo said themselves in the conference they weren't going to say what they were really planning makes any claim that they are "overdoing" anything or not focusing on X and Y completely null and void. No-one can make that claim since no-one except Nintendo themselves knows what they are really up to, and anyone who was paying attention to what was said at their E3 conference should have picked up on that.

After seeing the full story, I have seen what I wrote was wrong, stupid, and un-useful. I am terribly sorry of making these accusations without knowing everything Nintendo was doing.

I'm a huge Nintendo fan, and love what there are doing, just sometimes it feels like they could be doing a better job, but they are doing their best. I have learned that Nintendo is doing all these casual games to turn adults, parents, and young children, into gamers, which is a great thing. I'm am sorry for anyone I ticked off by posting this discussion.

Nintendo kicks arse, and will continue to kick arse as long as we gamers buy their stuff! :)