• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Ninjago: Masters Of Spinjitzu RP- Shards Of Destruction

Times are looking pretty dire in Ninjago. The guardians of Ninjago, the ninja, have left the city unprotected, to go into deep space and close an inter-dimensional portal. Well, it's closed now. And there's a giant transparent squid monster in orbit. With the ninja on the wrong side of the portal, and alien scavengers arriving to steal the planets resources, who will step up and save Ninjago?

(Characters will be given their power by the Shards, crystals launched down to Earth from the Rift. The ninja's names will be based off of the powers they have. They will start off using the Original costumes)
Character Bio-
Name:
Ninja:
Appearance:
Personality:
Skills:
Power:

My Character Bio-
Name: Oscar Williams
Ninja: Tech Ninja
Appearance: Short dark brown hair, light brown eyes.
Personality: Tends to not draw attention to himself, prefers to solve problems as fast as possible. Can be snarky when angered. Overthinks things, but surprisingly clumsy.
Skills: Technology, problem-solving, strategy.
Powers: Technopathy

Oscar walked into work. The Airjitsu Temple of Master Yang is a strange workplace for an I.T guy, but his... employers... had a habit of moving to stupid places. He found his way to the small and dark room, and plonked his laptop and some manuals down on his workspace. He checked the security cameras. "All seems fine enough." Why was he even talking? The ninja had been gone for a week now, and some had been questioning if they would even come back. Why did it matter anyway? It's not like he ever talked to them anyway. Of course, he still showed up, just to hold down the fort. Cameras aren't going to watch themselves. Of course, if they didn't come back, he could just bunk off. The moment he had that though, ironically enough, a huge roar shook the foundations of the building. He fell backwards off his swivel chair, bumping his head on the wall. Wasn't even enough space for the chair to fall all the way down. "What was that?" He flipped through all the cameras as fast as he could, only to notice something weird on the outside ones. "What's that in the sky? And why is the sun reflecting off it?" He ran outside as fast as he could, and looked up, following the steady beam of reflected sunlight that lead his eye to a huge creature, some sort of squid monster. Completely transparent, like it was made out of glass. "Hey, at least that odd Rift they were talking about has gone. Crystal Cthulhu is definitely an upgrade from Space Portal."

Last edited:
(I can't belive I found this!!! Tagging @Midnight Princess and @StarBlitz!)

Name: Ari Cloud
Ninja: Pink Ninja
Appearance: Ari has long black hair with a light pink streak in it, kept in a high ponytail, green eyes. For street clothes, I have a link. For the purpose of this Roleplay, please disregard the whole "Morro's daughter" thing. https://pokecharms.com/works/air-ninja-ari-cloud.36604/
Personality: Ari's fiercely loyal personality has been known to get her into some sticky situations when she acts without thinking. She's not organized at all and is also a bit of a klutz.
Skills: Skating, music, unorganized fighting(she doesn't know any formal martial art, but has been in a few fights).
Power: Air

**I edited my post a lot because I felt like it didn't totally make sense.

Ari landed on top of the Airjitsu Temple and facepalmed. "Overshot," she called down to Oscar as she jumped off, tripping and landing herself in a bush. "Oww!" The teenager yelped. It was a thorny bush, and the branches stuck to her clothes. She pulled the branches off, taking care not to accidentally rip off her necklace. It wasn't any normal necklace--this one was her Shard. It was roughly the size of a quarter and had a cloud marking on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oscar didn't really pay much attention to Ari, and instead just kept looking up to the barely visible monster in the sky and back down to the Orange shard he held. Was this really somehow connected to the shards? He always found it suspicious that it showed up the moment the rift opened, and he had kept it on a secret hope it would do something cool. But was this his fault? He was just the handyman for the Ninja, this couldn't have really been his fault. "Just pull yourself together. Maybe it is your fault for keeping the shard, maybe it's not. That doesn't matter now. All that matters is that I figure out if this thing is going to do something crazy like destroy the world or something. Because that very much seems like a possibility."

(OOC: Are you going to make a Discussion? Also, I thought they'd have their powers when they had the Shard with them.)

Ari walked over to her friend. "What's u--What the HECK is THAT?!" she exclaimed. Oh, God. Is that what the Ninja were trying to STOP?! "I really hope that...THING...doesn't crash-land on the city and start shooting lasers or something."

Isaac looked to Ari. "I don't think it will. It seems more like the eat your world kind of guy. Probably has a lot of O's, X's, Z's and Th's in its name." They had known each other since they had found the shards. Their group had stumbled upon one another by chance, and Isaac was starting to feel lucky he kept the shard instead of just throwing it away. He still hadn't figured out whether his actually did anything yet though. "Well, do you think maybe this has anything to do with the shards or the rift? I mean, correlation doesn't equal causation, but first the rift appears, then the shards directly after, then the rift is gone and this thing appears. I know it sounds stupid, but I think it may for once be a better idea to run TOWARDS the danger instead. If the Ninja aren't here, we have to deal with this."

Ari nodded. "It's weird. Not having the Ninja around, I mean." She was thinking out loud. "I wonder if this might be what they left for in the first place."

"Yeah, they've always sort of been there. Imagine what it would be like if they never existed." He hesistated. "Getting off track. I'm not sure, but it didn't appear until now, so I'm not sure if they even knew about this. If they did, I'm sure they'd actually tell someone or bring along more firepower." Suddenly, he saw something ascend from the sky. A spaceship, above Ninjago City. It was sort of reminiscent of a pirate ship. "Woah..." It wasn't actually that large of a ship, but it was shocking nonetheless. He got out his phone and looked it up, images and videos were already circling around. The front of the ship was sort of like a mouth, brown teeth-like needles blocking the hole, with huge jaws on the left and right with the same needles and brown material. The rest of the submarine-shaped ship was grey, with some red patches. On each side of the ship, evenly spaced above and to the side of the mouth, were glaring yellow searchlights, moving slightly from side to side and focusing on what they choose. Sort of like eyes. On the front and middle, near the top, was a red lump, sort of like a glass semicircle protruding from the top, and it seemed as if there was an opening hatch on the bottom. "Yeah, we got a spaceship now too. I think we might need to get to Ninjago City. The Shards could be connected to this."

Ari nodded. "Let's go check it out." Then she stopped. "...Wait, shouldn't we get weapons or something, just in case?" she asked. Turning on her heel, she opened the door to the temple. It felt a bit like she was intruding, but was it really a problem if she was trying to prevent something or somethings from attacking innocents?

"Uh, I don't know about that. We aren't trained to use weapons, so I'm really not sure. I guess it's a good idea... although I'll probably have to wipe it off the cameras. It'll be like we were never here." As he saw closer news reports on the thing, it seemed as if the ship was modelled on some sort fish.

"Uh huh..." Ari murmured as she kept looking. She stepped on a panel on the floor, and just like in a movie, the wall flipped and took her with it into another room. Inside was a variety of weapons to choose from. This included the obvious choices of swords, nunchucks, shurikens, and scythes, weapons that the Ninja were skilled at using, but also some surprises. Ari noticed a variety of guns and bows among them. "Uhh...Oscar!" she shouted, grabbing a crossbow and hoping that he could hear her through the wall. "I think I found them!"

"Is it sad I'm supposed to be in charge of security and I didn't know about this? That could be pretty dangerous." He picked up the gun. "Although this is probably going to help more than me trying use a katana." He was weighing up their options. The ship's arrival and the squid and the rift were obviously all connected, but if he had to choose he would probably take the the alien ship. "So, I figure we should get down their as fast as we can, and figure out what's going on here."

Ari nodded and slung a quiver full of arrows over her shoulder. "If we can find a way to-" she was cut off as the wall spun around again, bringing both her and Oscar back into the hall. "I think I can get us down there, but it might not exactly end up well." Ari had discovered her powers, though she hadn't exactly mastered them yet.

"I don't know what you could be referring to but it's probably not safe." He continued writing in his notebook, where he had sketched the squid monster. "I need to come up with a good name for this thing. Dave, does Dave sound good? Bob? Jeff?" He had an idea. "Lemme just come up with a catchy acronym real quick." He looked back down to his phone to see ropes extending from the bottom of the alien ship, and hastily put his notepad and pen away. "No time, they seem to be exiting the ship!"

Ari breathed in sharply and grabbed Oscar's wrist. "This is probably the fastest way down there," she told him, then began to use her powers. The two floated off the ground and began approaching the ground fast. Ari menuevered herself and Oscar around buildings successfully, only almost hitting birds a few times. They approached the ship and had a bit of a rocky landing. Ari had faceplanted in a grassy patch and spat some dirt out as she got to her feet. "I've been practicing," she told her friend. "With, y'know, less than amazing results."

Name: Sylvia (Last name: Reviar)
Ninja: Not a ninja
Appearance: Blond hair, blue eyes, and wears a pink zip-up hoodie with a white shirt underneath, blue jeans, and pink and white sneakers.
Personality: Joyful, energetic, and almost as talkative as Jay. She's very bouncy, charming, and innocent to the point of naïvety. However, she knows this and tries to prevent it. Despite that, however, she doesn't do a good job. Like Jay, she's a geek on video games.
Skills: Art (sketching and painting), music (singing and playing various instruments), writing (anything to do with literature or English grammar), and is bilingual (speaks Russian and English, but prefers not to show off for fear of getting cocky).
Power: Life (She can use the essence of living things to attack. This power involves healing and attracting wildlife--be it plant life or animal life--and increasing other elemental masters' powers. She cannot revive someone who has died or affect mechanical or artificial entities (beings or things)).

Sylvia found herself wandering aimlessly through the woods, unsure of what to do. She had gotten herself lost when she was with her family, but they somehow lost her and she ended up completely alone in the woods with no one to help or guide her. She grew scared. "H-hello?" she asked shakily, fear shaking her to her core. She walked around a little bit more. "Hellooo?"

Something caught the corner of her eye. Sylvia glanced to the right. What was that? A glint of light?

It was! It came from the bushes to her right! Sylvia dug through the bushes, wondering what it was. If it was a phone, she could call for help! She could--

A weird silver gem? What? What was this supposed to be?

Sylvia picked it up and examined it. Strange. What did this do?

She gasped as it suddenly began to glow brightly, blinding her, and held it out in front of her with one hand, using the entire other arm to shield her eyes. When the light faded, a lot of animals were by her side, watching her carefully.

Scared, she stuffed the gem in her pocket and stepped back. "W-what're you all staring at?" she asked fearfully.

A deer slowly stood up and walked over to Sylvia. Since deer were harmless, Sylvia watched in awe as the deer walked up to her and actually nuzzled her hand! That never happened!

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Name : Zukelo Sheniru ( Nickname : Zu)
Ninja : Shapeshifting Ninja
Appearance : Dark Brown Hair, Dark Brown Eyes, White Hoodie With Black Markings, Black Jeans and Green Tennis Shoes
Personality : Quiet, Bold, Protective, Hardcore, Risky, Nice, Kind, Charming, Chill and Smart
Skills : Back Flipping, Puzzles, Taking On Challenges, Racing and Video Games
Power : While he IS a Shapeshifting Ninja, he doesn't turn to humans but to animals, mythical creatures, legendary creatures, prehistoric creatures and all that.

RP : Zukelo was taking the form of a wolf, wearing a strange chain necklace with something in the center of the necklace. It was a navy blue glowing shard. Zukelo in wolf form saw a see-through squid, an alien ship and a rift. He wasn't that surprised, he saw much worse things in the past. He saw two people who looked like ninjas which performed Airjitsu, he also knew how to do it, but wasn't the best at it. He turned back to human form and used Airjitsu, which made him catch up to the two, "Ey, there. You going for that weird ship?" He asked curiously, "Mind if I join in? I've been really itching for some action." He said calmly, "By the way, name's Zukelo, but you can call me Zu." Heintroduced himself. He turned into a hawk, in case they agree. He turned his attention back to their response, "So?" He asked curiously.

Last edited:
Sylvia noticed a hawk in the distance. What was that? With two other people? Maybe she should check it out.

But then again, she wasn't much of a fighter... And she was surrounded by animals! She didn't know what they wanted with her! "U-um... C-can you please let me through?" she asked uncertainly. To her surprise, the animals moved aside to create a path for her. She spotted a wolf nearby. Testing her luck, she pulled her hands out of her pockets. "H-hey, wolf..." She winced. She hadn't thought of a name for it. That would have to wait, however. "C-can you help me get up there?" she asked, pointing to where the hawk and two people were.

The wolf nodded and waited for her to climb onto it. Sylvia carefully swung her leg over the wolf's body and sat herself on the wolf's spine, hoping that she wasn't too heavy for it. Miraculously, the wolf held itself and waited for Sylvia to get a good grip around its neck before taking off like a comet. She didn't think it was possible! But it happened! A wolf was helping Sylvia get where she needed to go!

When she arrived, some other animals followed her. Some wolves, two bears, three eagles, and a falcon.

Sylvia steeled herself and zipped up her jacket, hoping her little gem-thing didn't fall out of her pocket. She stuffed it in her jeans pocket just to be safe. "What's going on?" she asked the other people... and the hawk. "Is everything okay? Where are we?"

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Oh, hello there. We're just gonna take on this spaceship, and I hope a talking hawk isn't weird in your opinion." He said with a wide grin, "Not only can I turn into a hawk, but any other creature, except humans of course. Well, I can still turn into my normal human form." He said calmly, "But I prefer being an animal." He said calmly, "Name's Zukelo. You can call me Zu." He said calmly. Zukelo was in hawk form and his silver chain necklace with the navy blue shard in the center shined brightly.

Sylvia gasped. "Hey, that shard..." she said, pulling out her own silver one. "I have one just like it! Since I picked it up, these animals have been following me around! And I only picked it up a moment ago!" After realizing she didn't introduce herself, her cheeks reddened. "O-oh, and um... I'm Sylvia. It's nice to meet you, er... Zu..." she said, still uncertain.

A bear pat her head sympathetically. She still felt weird, but it was nice being loved by animals. She'd always dreamed of something like this, but never thought it would actually happen. She giggled slightly.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Zukelo gasped, "You must have the power of Life! And by that I mean, controlling animals and plants." He said calmly, "You're power is kinda related to mine, since I can turn to any creature and you can control plants and animals." He said calmly "Are you willing to take on this weird alien ship thingy?" He asked curiously. He then turned into a Griffin. A mythical creature, half lion and half eagle. The chain necklace with the navy blue shard was still there, "I don't only turn into modern animals but any creature!" He exclaimed, while trying not to sound cocky. But he was really proud that he had been chosen to find this power, he was happy for anyone who had gotten a shard. Anyone's power was extraordinary in his opinion. His eyes became determined and fierce, "Let's kick some butt." He said quietly to himself and the others.

Sylvia let out a slight squeak of surprise. "B-but I'm not fighter! I don't like to fight!" She thought for a moment. The power of Life...? Hm. "I-I guess I can try..." She stepped closer to Zu, the animals behind her following. She didn't know what to do, so she tried to will some plant life to create a bridge for her. Somehow, a wooden branch (about as thick as small, modern home) began inching its way toward the alien ship. Sylvia stepped on it and as soon as she did, the branch grew faster. She found a courage she hadn't seen before. "Okay, I-I think I can do this," she said to herself. "Zu, see if you can get high enough!"

As she ran across the branch, four wolves( two on each side of her) were by her side, while the other six were in front. The bears were behind her and the falcon led both eagles above her. Sylvia began to glow bright silver, as did Zu. Suddenly, Zu felt incredible power inside of him.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Woohoo! Haha!" He had never felt more thrilled in his life. While he was flying as a Griffin, he turned into a blue dragon. Zukelo as a dragon fired blue fire at the mysterious ship, he was flying as fast as a jet. He then clawed the ship with his wings. It didn't break easily though. Zukelo got on the ship and turned into a Rattlesnake as soon as he got on the ship. He bit some people on the ship, making them poisoned. He then jumped off the ship and turned into a Big Bat as soon as he jumped off. He held some people by his claws and dropped them from the sky, "Now's your turn!" He said to Sylvia.

Sylvia nodded, forcing herself to be brave. "Alright, everyone," she told the animals. "I want the falcon and eagles to see if there's a way to deactivate the ship. The rest of you, climb on some plant life and attack the people on the ship, but DON'T kill anyone! Just make them immobile somehow!" The animals all nodded. Sylvia breathed heavily, moving her hands and willing more branches. The big trunk she was standing on currently began to grow more and more branches, leaves, vines, and more wood intertwining to separate pathways, all leading to the alien ship. The wolves and bears all dispersed among the branches, climbing them all the way to the ship. Sylvia began using her branches to try and jam into the ship, making it immobile. (I don't want to say exactly whether it worked on the ship or not, that's not up to me to decide.)

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Good job!" He said as he landed as rabbit. He then jumped up as a Kangaroo and turned into a hydra, a blue dragon with three heads. Zuleko breathed blue fire on the ship. He then landed as a white tiger, "Did they get enough of that?" He said in tiger form, his chain necklace and the navy blue shard started shining brighter than before.

Sylvia gasped. "The animals!" Quickly, she pulled some roots, accidentally moving the ship, and signaling her animals to retreat. "Come back, my friends!" she exclaimed. "The ship's going down!" Hurriedly, eight wolves (as opposed to ten) and two bears escaped the ship. Sylvia gasped. "What happened to one of the bears? And two of the wolves?!"

The bears and wolves sighed, looking down. Sylvia felt guilt riddling her whole being. She had led two wolves and a bear to their demises.

They'll always be remembered.

As for the ship, Sylvia was unsure. "I don't know if the ship will last or not. But for now, I suggest we get the heck off of this branch before the ship falls." Under her breath, she added, "Or recovers..."

With that, she ran off of the branch, pulling it ahead of her, hoping to keep the ship away from any other people or wildlife. She tried to keep it a good distance away. While she did so, she kept attacking the ship with her vines. Soon, she reached land. She waited for Zu to make it back as well, trapping the ship in a wooden, thorned, viny cage, blocking any weapons or entrances, overgrowing the alien machine.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Zu as a gigantic three headed dragon landed, "If the branch seems like it would break, then you and your animals ride on!" He said as he let them go upon his back, "Hold on tight! I'm speeding up!" He exclaimed as he sped up and breathed blue fire on the ship, "Are you OK, there on my back?" He asked curiously.

Sylvia held on for dear life. When Zu asked if she was alright, she nodded. "I-I think so. But even so, my branch was thick enough and strong enough to hold everyone." Still, she thought. At least this way, she could move faster. "But thank you," she added, feeling discourteous. "Can you land the animals? I don't want to put any more in harm's way." As they flew, Sylvia continued strangling the ship with vines with her mind, despite not moving her hands, which were too busy trying not to fall off the giant hydra they were flying on named Zu.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Okay, I'll try." He said as he laded all the animals. None were harmed. Zu flew up and his three heads breathed fire upon the ship, making it immobile, "ROOOOOAAAAARRRRR!!!!" Zu roared loudly, his blue shard glowed brightly. His eyes became red and he one head breathed rd fire, the other breathed green fire and the other breathed blue fire. Th ship had some parts burnt here and there, but it wasn't completely destroyed. Zu had roared loudly again.

Sylvia squeezed her eyes shut, yelping in surprise. She didn't like the loud noise, but she had no choice. Scared for her life, she buried her face in Zu's scales, holding on even tighter and hoping not to fall. The loud noise distracted her, so her vines started unraveling from the ship and she couldn't seem to concentrate enough to keep them steady.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
Zu felt Sylvia hiding under one of his scales. He decided to keep quiet, so Sylvia could concentrate, "There. There, it's OK." He said calmly. He began flying in circles around the ship,. Eventually, there was tornado, it didn't harm anyone. When the tornado disappeared, the ship only had some materials broken here and there, "That's one tough ship." Said one of his heads.

Sylvia nodded in agreement, sighing a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. She closed her eyes, imagining the vines regaining their grasp on the ship and jamming the controls. Just as she imagined, her plants and vines did just that. The ship looked like it was getting strangled (which, essentially, was what was happening, except that a ship is a vehicle, thus it isn't exactly possible for a vehicle to get strangled). Sylvia loosened her grip slightly, but she still had a firm grip on Zu's scales, tightening it with her hands. Her knuckles even turned white.

She was worried. Not just that, she was also afraid. This was her first fight.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"..." He saw Sylvia trembling like crazy. He sighed, "Look. I know it's really scary to do this for the first time, I personally know how it feels." He said as he landed. He turned back to a human. His dark brown eyes, dark brown hair appeared. His grey hoodie and black jeans also appeared. He looked at her with heart warming eyes, "Don't worry, it'll be okay. I know how it is to be scared but we all have that brave person inside us all, right?" He said with charming eyes, "So, just get out there, and give it all you got!" He exclaimed as he turned back into a Hydra. His navy blue shard shined, "Are you ready?" Asked all three of his heads curiously.

Sylvia blushed and realized her eyes were wet and threatening to cry. She wiped her eyes and sniffled, nodding. "I-I'll try. I think I could get used to this..." She made sure that her hands had a good grip on some secure scales and sat herself in a comfortable position, growing another branch out of the cliffside. "I think I can help us." She began to glow silver, increasing Zu's strength and power, replenishing his energy.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
His eyes became green, "Okay. Here we go." He said as he took off quickly. One of his heads fired plasma balls, the middle fired blue fire and the other fired gas, "Try not to breathe in the combination." He said as all the things his heads fired combined together to do a good chunk of damage to the ship, "Awesome! We actually did some damage, your turn, Sylvia!" He exclaimed as his scales hardened, making Sylvia's grip easier to hold onto Zu. He took a safe distance from the ship, not to protect himself but to protect Sylvia.

Sylvia felt a smile grow on her face. She felt that she could make a good combination with Zu. She shifted herself a little bit, glowing silver once more. This time, however, she didn't support Zu or grow plants from cliffsides. This time, she began collecting the energy into her hands. Sensing to see if there was any more life left on the ship, she found (and she counted) 27 survivors, four of which were still able to retaliate. "There's four people able to retaliate," she reported. "Everyone else's too injured to move." She powered Zu up once more. "Go for it! Give it all you've got!"

It took her a while after she powered Zu up to realize that she might've actually been responsible for someone dying on that ship. She tried to keep that guilt pushed down, but it still nagged at her.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Alright! This all I have!" He exclaimed as he made the same combnation mentioned earlier on those 4 people. 2 were paralysed and injured, so they were unable to move. 2 more, "How about you take care of those two, eh, Sylvia?" He asked her curiously.

Sylvia shook her head. "I don't want to kill anyone," she told him. "And I don't know how to make them immobilized. I don't want to risk taking anyone' so life, even if they are invaders."

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"Okay, fine." He said calmly as he pushed the last two off with his tail into the sea. Luckily, they didn't die but instead left the place by swimming, "So...now what?" He looked at the survivors on the ship, "Should I...?" He asked curiously.

flint-n-steel

Previously hollowhead_
"So, what should we do with them? Throw them out to space?" He asked curiously as he landed and turned to his human form, "That...that's actually kind of a good idea. What do you think?" He turned to Sylvia. Suddenly, a ferret who looked hungry jumped on Zu's shoulder, "Oh, you hungry, little fella?" He asked curiously as he gave it some seeds. The ferret nuzzled Zu, "Looks like he wants to stay with me. How about I name you....Xynn?" He asked curiously. Xynn was a boy. Xynn seemed to like his new name. He nuzzled Zu again as Zu gave him some more seeds.