• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

News Round-Up 7/12/12

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
We may be quickly headed towards the end of the year, but that doesn't mean the news is slowing down. This week we've seen the release of the first trailer for the up-coming arc which features N in Pokémon Best Wishes: 2, and the latest Pokémon Global Link Wi-Fi tournament has also been revealed with sign-ups now open. Fair warning that the N news does include spoilers for the anime, but read on if you wish to know more!

news_top_pgl_2012_winter_battle_reg_en.jpg

The latest Wi-Fi tournament hosted by the Pokémon Global Link was revealed a couple of days ago, going by the name of 2012 VGCS Winter Battle the tournament will be using the VGC13 rules (which pretty much match the rules used for VGC12), but it does have some interesting prizes at stake for the best players. This tournament is the first of five to be held over Wi-Fi which will be giving players the chance to earn Championship Points which go towards players earning an invite to the Pokémon Video Game World Championships 2013 if they earn enough of them. However, that isn't all that is at stake for players; for the top 16 players from North America they will be given a first round bye for an up-coming Regional Championship event.

To make the tournament somewhat fairer for the younger players, the tournament is being split into two different age divisions, Juniors and Masters. For those of you who would normally be in the Seniors divisions don't worry, as you'll still be able to earn points. For everyone who signs-up and take part in 10 battles and make it onto the tournament leaderboards, you will receive a special berry called the Custap Berry,which is an in-game item that makes it more likely that the holder will strike first on the next turn when its HP becomes low.

If you wish to know more about the Championship Points and suchlike, competitive Pokémon site Nuggetbridge have done a very good job of explaining things right here. Sign-ups for the tournament are open until the 13th of December. Best of luck to all those who take part!

First Trailer For N Arc Of Pokémon Best Wishes: 2 Revealed

best-wishes-season-2-episode-n.jpg

Many suspected that once Ash finished off his adventures in the Unova League that he'd be leaving the region for adventures anew, but fear not. His time in Unova isn't over just yet as his biggest adventure is yet to begin.

This recently revealed arc will see Ash and friends met N for the first time, as well Ghetsis and Colress and the new Team Plasma seen throughout the latest main series Pokémon games, Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2. This arc will also be seeing the return of a fan favourite in the form of Ash's Charizard, which should be a real treat for Pokémon fans who have been following the anime since Ash's adventures in Kanto and Johto.

The first episode of the arc will be aired in Japan on the 17th of January 2013, and for those of you interested in viewing the trailer, you can do so here.

Last edited:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

Linking the short trailer for N's arc here as well. I'm definitely stoked for what they could do with this. I hope it's good. :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Charizard is coming back AGAIN? Why do they keep bringing back the same Pokemon over and over instead of Ash's other older Pokemon? Didn't we just see Charizard at the end of Battle Frontier?

I'd much rather see some of Ash's rarely used Pokemon, like Glalie, Muk, or even Bayleef. Seriously.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
We already saw several of Ash's old Pokemon during the Sinnoh League. That's enough screen time for them, eh? :'D

Can't lie. I love that Charizard. ♥

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Linkachu said:
We already saw several of Ash's old Pokemon during the Sinnoh League. That's enough screen time for them, eh? :'D

Can't lie. I love that Charizard. ♥

^ This. Plus, a lot of fans only got into Pokémon with the release of Black/White and the whole 'reboot' of everything, so some fans might have no clue Ash had a Charizard. And most fans who grow up during that era of the Pokémon anime loved Charizard and are always happy to see him.

My view might be somewhat tinted by the fact some of my favourite battles from the anime have included Charizard though, so I have high hopes for his return.

Charizard originally left Ash's roster all the way back in 2001, which means most kids watching the anime today weren't even born when it was part of Ash's team.

Its just a shame that some of Ash's older Pokemon, most notable Kingler, Muk, Glalie and the Johto starters basically never get to do anything and get ignored at Oak's lab. I understand Ash's Johto team was probably his least popular team in the series, but I did like Bayleef.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw most of Ash's Sinnoh Pokemon return, as well as some of Ash's Hoenn Pokemon later on.