• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Years Resolution

New Years is just over a week away. So what are your resolutions for 2013?

For me the main thing is coming out the closet, as the only Josh and internet people know. I'm hopefully gonna start working out.

I'm the only Josh o-O but seriously I'm proud of you that you are finally coming out :)

My New Years resolutions is to get back into shape after the Christmas period and be a little healthier like detox every so often and keep hydrated.

I never do these. They're a total waste of time and effort, and anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves.

If you want to make a "life changing decision" just do it NOW. As soon as you think of it. Don't use the new year as a lame excuse to try and make a difference, you will NOT follow through with it "just because its a new year!".

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I haven't really got any resolutions, but I do have plans for 2013. Got a sixteen day camping safari booked and paid for in May. If I survive that I'll hopefully be jetting off again in August to Canada for VGC13. I've always wanted to go to Canada, so it's a good excuse to go. So pretty much any resolution I have, if you can call it that, is to save up for those trips and have an epic time. I feel 2013 shall be a good year, since 2012 has ended on a very high note :)

StellarWind Elsydeon said:
1280x800 on the laptop screen, 1280x1024 on the desktop screen.

... same as last year, actually.

Damnit Stel why do I have to steal all the cool ideas from you. *Saves for next year*

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
My new year's resolution is not to make any new year's resolutions.

Which might actually be a paradox, while I think about it.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
The future is too unpredictable to really resolve to do anything in particular. Things and people change, new experiences happen all the time and there's no stopping the reality you live in. It is because of this that my resolution is to just be myself, because the moments that matter may change my perspective on life and give me a new way to appreciate the world.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
LoN said:
I never do these. They're a total waste of time and effort, and anyone saying otherwise is fooling themselves.

If you want to make a "life changing decision" just do it NOW. As soon as you think of it. Don't use the new year as a lame excuse to try and make a difference, you will NOT follow through with it "just because its a new year!".

The funny part is, you'd be surprised how many people actually do follow through with life changes at the beginning of a new year. Sometimes a person needs to be faced with the fact that yet another year has come and gone (another year wasted sitting around thinking, planning, worrying) before getting their ass into gear and doing something about it. Humans are silly that way, but hey, whatever helps get someone motivated~

I personally don't have "new year's resolutions" per se but my immediate goal for the future is to get back into creative writing and, to a smaller extent, Astronomy. Ultimately I just hope that 2013 is a better year than 2012, for reasons uncontrollable by myself.

ShinyZekrom009 said:
I'm already good with everything else.

So once your writing becomes top notch, we have a perfect human being on our hands? :o I think I am missing something!

Psycho Monkey said:
My resolution is the same it was last year, get five or more items crossed off my ever growing To Do List.

This is an awfully good idea.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
Rileyixx said:
New Years is just over a week away. So what are your resolutions for 2013?

For me the main thing is coming out the closet, as the only Josh and internet people know. I'm hopefully gonna start working out.

Pro-tip: wait until halloween, go out as a gay guy and just never stop.