A new 8-episode mini-series has been announced, taking us on a retrospective journey through all 8 current Pokémon regions and the stories that shaped them in the games.
Each episode will focus on a particular region and tell a new version of what seems like the games' central stories. From the hints we can see in the key art above and the trailer below, it seems that the most recent versions of those stories will primarily be the main source, based on things such as Green's first in-game appearance in Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, Zinnia's story in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire's Delta Episode and Dawn Wings Necrozma from Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon.
The series is being produced as a collaboration between The Pokémon Company International and OLM Studios, much like the main Pokémon Anime series, although the art styles seem to be very different.
They will be available to watch exclusively on the official Pokémon Youtube Channel or Pokémon TV (which is also now available on Nintendo Switch). The first episode will premiere next Thursday on the 9th September. The dates for all 8 episodes are as follows:
The final episode "The Discovery", based on the original Pokémon Red and Green - albeit with at least a more recent twist - will also mark the effective conclusion of this year's 25th Anniversary celebration.
- Thursday, Sept. 9: “The Champion” featuring the Galar region
- Thursday, Sept. 23: “The Eclipse” featuring the Alola region
- Thursday, Oct. 7: “The Visionary” featuring the Kalos region
- Thursday, Oct. 21: “The Plan” featuring the Unova region
- Thursday, Dec. 2: “The Rival” featuring the Sinnoh region
- Thursday, Dec. 9: “The Wish” featuring the Hoenn region
- Thursday, Dec. 16: “The Show” featuring the Johto region
- Thursday, Dec. 23: “The Discovery” featuring the Kanto region
The full trailer can be viewed below: