• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Look Issues

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
If you come across any bugs or issues following the launch of the new design, let us know in this topic. I'll get onto any issues as soon as possible.

Note that currently there is an issue on the Pokedex page that is causing the top menu to not expand, nor the forum information in the header to display. I'm aware of the issue and will work on the problem ASAP.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is mostly just a display issue, but I think the CryptiDex display should be altered slightly so that it once again displays four Pokemon per line. Having that big space on the right side looks a bit off.

Annd, aside from the PokeDex links issue, that's all I've noticed thus far.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Linkachu said:
This is mostly just a display issue, but I think the CryptiDex display should be altered slightly so that it once again displays four Pokemon per line. Having that big space on the right side looks a bit off.

Done. An extra pixel appeared where it ought not to be and threw everything out of whack.

Shiny Eevee said:
I can't seem to find the unread messages/replies and stuff. A little help, please? ^^;

Hover over the Forums button and it opens with different options, like unread posts.

Although I love the new look of the layout, the site seems to be lagging more. And when I hover my cursor over the PokeDex and try to type in a Pokemon, it goes onto the Wiki pages. D':

Last edited by a moderator:

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Louie Forest said:
Although I love the new look of the layout, the site seems to be lagging more.

I would like to second this. The site is really laggy and takes a bit to load =/ Not sure what can be done about it, but otherwise it looks brilliant.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Louie Forest said:
And when I hover my cursor over the PokeDex and try to type in a Pokemon, it goes onto the Wiki pages. D':

Huh. I never get any issues like that. What browser are you using?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Sem said:
Louie Forest said:
Although I love the new look of the layout, the site seems to be lagging more.

I would like to second this. The site is really laggy and takes a bit to load =/ Not sure what can be done about it, but otherwise it looks brilliant.

Google's ads seem to be the cause of it - some are not loading correctly for some reason. I'll try and investigate why later on.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
.:18·57·52:. «~DoctorOak» quick note: if anyone's having any performance issues using 'Charms, can you please post in the feedback topic with whether or not it happens on both the forums and the main page, and then your computer specs and browser
.:18·57·53:. «~DoctorOak» kthx

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Also of note is that there is some issue with the news scroller on Chrome (possibly also Safari? Haven't been able to check). Will make sorting that a high priority.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I use Safari and the news scroller has an issue, I assume the same one as Chrome has. The news files past and then disappears. But yes, also on Safari~

Well, on Mozilla, I can use the PokeDex now, but it doesn't show any stats or anything. This is what happened when I used Kricketots' movepool: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pcharms/public_html/pokedex/pkmnmovesmain.php on line 40. Yeah, I have no idea.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Nick Fury said:
.:18·57·52:. «~DoctorOak» quick note: if anyone's having any performance issues using 'Charms, can you please post in the feedback topic with whether or not it happens on both the forums and the main page, and then your computer specs and browser
.:18·57·53:. «~DoctorOak» kthx

I'm at work now and getting a lot of lag on my PC. It is happening on both the main page and forums.

Browser: IE 8
Computer specs: Intel Core 2 Duo, E7500 @ 2.93GHz, 1.96 GB of RAM

Edit: Just an fyi, but I'm experiencing the lag on the wiki and PokeDex, too. Everytime a page reloads on any part of Pokecharms there's lag, but this computer can handle most other websites just fine.

Louie Forest said:
Well, on Mozilla, I can use the PokeDex now, but it doesn't show any stats or anything. This is what happened when I used Kricketots' movepool: Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/pcharms/public_html/pokedex/pkmnmovesmain.php on line 40. Yeah, I have no idea.

Huh. Just noticed now that the PokeDex is completely borked for me, too. None of the indepth options are working properly.

I've noticed that the Unova background only appears for a few seconds before turning to white in my Firefox. Is this supposed to happen?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Lag has been a little better but sometimes it's worse and other times it's ok.

Browser: Firefox, whatever the latest version is.
Specs: Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 @ 2.20 GHZ. 6 GB of RAM

And I checked the Dex as well, and it's all b0rked for me too. Everything else seems ok site-wise.

Browser: Firefox 3.6
Specs: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.21 GHz, 8GB RAM

I have the same Pokedex issues as Katie and Louie, although I don't see any noticeable lag.

I do have a white screen behind the Pokedex, the main front news page and the forums (above the board section and below them). Also have white behind this posting screen, but not where the previous posts are showing up at the bottom.

Whether the white is supposed to be there or not, I'm not so sure~

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
No idea what the hell is going on with the Pokedex. When it was uploaded on Sunday evening, it was working fine. Nothing's changed since then, and now it's not working... Abluh?

I'm going to switch us over to our more permanent background earlier than planned to see if that alleviates some problems. Let me know if things start running smoother on your set ups as a result.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Bad news. I'm still getting the same lag on my work computer on the front page, forums, and wiki. Really not sure what's causing it, but it's definitely noticable. =/

Also, not sure if this was missed, but I think this news comment by Andrew is worth taking into consideration:

Andrew Harris says:
February 21, 2011 at 1:20 am (Edit)
I’m loving the new layout, Alex! But one little thing I can nitpick at is the scrolling news. A lot of sites do this and I like it a lot, but what bothers me is how the images and text scroll over the news numbers. I can think of a couple ways to remedy this:

1.) Lay it out like so, where | is a x pixels border:
| News/Info | 1234 |
And have the news scroll in its own respective area.

2.)
| ^ news/info v | # |

| is the same as above, but instead have the numbers aligned vertically, and have the news scroll upwards/downwards in its respective area.

3.) You could also just have the numbers always be above the other information.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I notice that when I go onto the Pokedex (which works perfectly fine for me), I can't see that little "Hey, *user*, you have # messages, # are new." thing in the upper righthand corner, and I can't see the "Show unread posts since last visit" or "Show new replies to your posts" choices when I hover over the forums tab. Not a major issue, but it does make going around the site a little less convenient. This has been happening on both my IE 8 and FF 3.6 browsers.

Ah, the problem is mainly on Google Chrome. On Google Chrome, it took ten minutes to upload a page (Lag) and I can't use the PokeDex. Everything except the pokedex info is perfect on Mozilla. I recommend using Mozilla, even if Chrome is faster. And also:
Shiny Eevee said:
I notice that when I go onto the Pokedex (which works perfectly fine for me), I can't see that little "Hey, *user*, you have # messages, # are new." thing in the upper righthand corner, and I can't see the "Show unread posts since last visit" or "Show new replies to your posts" choices when I hover over the forums tab. Not a major issue, but it does make going around the site a little less convenient. This has been happening on both my IE 8 and FF 3.6 browsers.
The same thing happened just now. I used the pokeDex and the hey, dude, you have 3 messages blah blah blah wasn't there. neither was unread and replied thingys on. Meh.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm still not 100% sure what you changed Alex, but the forums is definitely running better on my work computer now. Not noticing any lag whatsoever. :)

The wiki still lags, tho. I'm assuming you didn't shut off the scripting for it too?

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Forums are running nicely on my Droid in case that's helpful, and yeah, like I said yesterday - the lag is pretty much gone now when I'm using my computer.

I have the same problem with Pokedex, the messages aren't there and movesets/Egg moves don't show up. Also, I noticed that when going to the Forums from the Wiki, the links are closer to each other. I don't if it's supposed to be that way or not.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just remembered something I keep forgetting to point out..

I'm not sure if this was a forgotten feature, but the news category icons don't currently lead to anything. They all say this:

"Not Found

Apologies, but the page you requested could not be found. Perhaps searching will help."

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Actually, I think that may be the fault of Wordpress' latest version and its updated taxonomy set up.

I'll have to look into it late next week.