• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU RP: discussion

First Exam:

• Written exam

Votes: 5 41.7%
  • ??? New exam

Votes: 7 58.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yea, but her current personality simply isn't suited for ruling over a clan. Like, I'm meeting this RP with a particularly nitty-gritty approach, so Hinagiku's leading style is somewhat similar to Danzo's. She does believe in a necessary evil and will turn a blind eye to it if the situation is appropriate. This is a world where each and every nation was, and still is, being building on 'A mountain of corpses and rivers of blood.'

Like, especially for an Amazoness village like Sagiso's who's culture is practically 'Might makes right' and 'only the strongest deserve to live' (As shown by the sheer fact that each and every Kunoichi is taught that they need to go out and fight, possibly to the death, with someone purely for the purpose of creating a stronger next generation through genetic breeding.)

Thier's is a strength-based hierarchy and social classing, to a greater degree than the rest of villages.

This kinda proves my point XD. Your characters are definition of true or chaotic neutral.

I get the dilemma, maybe you could portray Furijia as someone who is not so much in...complete agreement with the customs of Sagiso's village and would want to make certain changes or something. Could lead to conflict between her and Sagiso's view on things.

Or just make her jaded and broken, a realist like Hinagiku. IDK.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
If any were interested:

Good and evil chart.

S (purest good)
Hashima

A (hero)
Taiyo
Sakura
Tomiko
Shiho
Mori
Lako
Aisha

B (has good intentions)

Tsuki
Kenji
Raiku
Shura
Madoka
Lily

C (neutral)

Kou(?)
Azumi
Takato
Kanshi
Yasu

D (lightly sinister)

Yukimaru
Reaver
Kai
Yusa

E (chaotic)

Zaku
Kiro(?)
Tayuya
kidomaru
Sakon/ukon
Jirobo

F (pure evil)

Kin
Seiun

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If any were interested:

Good and evil chart.

S (purest good)
Hashima

A (hero)
Taiyo
Sakura
Tomiko
Shiho
Mori
Lako
Aisha

B (has good intentions)

Tsuki
Kenji
Raiku
Shura
Madoka
Lily

C (neutral)

Kou(?)
Azumi
Kai
Takato
Kanshi
Yasu

D (lightly sinister)

Yukimaru
Reaver
Yusa

E (chaotic)

Zaku
Kiro(?)
Tayuya
kidomaru
Sakon/ukon
Jirobo

F (pure evil)

Kin
Seiun
Yukimaru slightly sinister yet Kai neutral?

Press x to doubt

(Also id put Reaver as chaotic)

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
How is Reaver not pure evil? And Kai should not be neutral, sinister works better.

Also I feel Aisha is getting too much purity love, same with Sakura. Sakura is only here cause Konoha nin were made to go on this mission.
She showed compassion for Hashima despite having barely known her

How is Reaver not pure evil? And Kai should not be neutral, sinister works better.

Also I feel Aisha is getting too much purity love, same with Sakura. Sakura is only hear cause Konoha nin were made to go on this mission.

Sinister it is.

She also checked up on random stranger and acquaintances in a hospital and even helped Kou out of the caves. She’s pretty high up there

And reaver at least has an honor code, and doesn’t attack for any evil reason. He and Mori even exchanged some pretty funny and hornoabke banter after their fight, he’s not TOTALLY wrathful

She showed compassion for Hashima despite having barely known her

I mean I think that just makes her human. The rest of you are way too cold hearted and indifferent to the murder despite being 13-15 year olds who didn't grow up in war-torn eras.

And they did hang out at Ino's flower shop before the 3rd exam finals.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
I mean I think that just makes her human. The rest of you are way too cold hearted and indifferent to the murder despite being 13-15 year olds who didn't grow up in war-torn eras.

That’s the way Of the shinobi. To kill your emotions and protect from the shadows

Hey I have Kou, so I’m not *totally* in charge of evil/bad characters

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The thing is I wanna bring Hashima back to life but having someone do the reincarnation jutsu on her I bet would make for amazing story parts

Kou is neutral by your own admission. Or as I call it "apathetic" in honor of Sagiso XD
I wouldn’t call him apathetic. He’s pretty loud about stuff he believes in lol. I just put him at neutral because of thievery and also technically joining the sound. But his intentions are pure

The thing is I wanna being Hashima back to life but having someone do the reincarnation jutsu on her I bet would make for amazing story parts

Hmmmm I could see a justu that exchanges the life of the caster for someone else type thing. Either that or some type of revival justu like they preformed on Neji in part 1

Killing people to take headbands or "trophies" is like, the definition of evil outside of Reaver's twisted mind XD

Hahahaha okay that’s a pretty good point XD. Slaughtering a lot of genin for sport would do that. Chaotic it is

No because I know deep down inside everyone will feel that character was made as a sacrifice and just that nothing more
Maybe the revival justu then. One that only can be used at Kage level medical justu and can only be used on ninja that had been stuck ‘dead’ for 24 hours with an intact body. And even then it’s a chance to work

More on exactly how I'm viewing this Rp and my characters, because I feel like I really need to justify my apathy as something other than 'my characters just don't care.', which, to a certain extent they don't.

Think back to Naruto's very first mission outside the village. The beginning of the Zabuza arc where they were attacked by those supposedly famous chunin. That, is exactly the type of world I view this as and exactly why my characters aren't eager to involve themselves in fights. It's the type of world where outside the safety of your village, you'll get offed at any moment. When you signed up to be a ninja, you didn't just sign up to get a fancy headband and fling around ninjutsu, you basically signed a death warrant. I find it somewhat unrealistic for characters to not be jaded by that reality. Though none of my characters would be outright jaded they do lean towards that side of the spectrum, because for all intents and purposes, everywhere that isn't your village could be a potential battleground and if you want to live long then jumping into fights to save people who you just met last week(and who will likely be trying to kill you in the future) just isn't the way to go about things.

That being said, I am taking into consideration that it doesn't leave my character much room for interactions and I'm gradually changing the way they go about doing things. Forest of Death Sagiso, spared Kenji on a whim, she simply didn't care that much whether he was actually dead or alive after their battle, but was more focused on 'romance' and hence why she went into talking about the meaning of her name. Since he actually lost that fight, she only explained the last part of her name, Ajisai, symbolizing her pride, and merely blushed at Sagiso, symbolizing love and longing. {lit. My thoughts will follow you into your dreams.}

Present day Sagiso is somewhat more caring about people unrelated to her, something I could justify in her personality after she'd experienced the warmth of familial love. Particularly, you should note what actually happened during Hinagiku's visit with her in the hospital as it is, the only time in the Rp thus far, that has ever caused Sagiso to get emotional.

She started out hesitant to even receive Hinagiku's affection, and she soon flipped from discomfort to outright rage before being pacified. That being said, I would have to somewhat retract my statement about Sagiso not being Jaded. In a sense, she is jaded and has a longing for affection. Naturally, her upbringing as an Amazoness means she'd suppress it as much as she could. Affection with Sagiso gets returned in spades, most notably shown with Azumi, who probably could've walked past Sagiso with the leaf's secrets jutsu scroll in hand, and Sagiso never would've leaked a world. Her affection with Azumi is almost over the top, intruding on Azumi's personal space such as when she practically tackled her upon meeting her in the waiting room. I'd planned something similar with Ryo but Plat wasn't available :v

For reference, if a male character were to confess to Sagiso in the middle of a battle (And it didn't sound like BS) she'd drop the battle on the spot and flee. Her character is supposed to be like that (Or rather so it has developed throughout the RP. My initial conception of her was nothing like this.)

Edit:

It's also why I'm being really picky with exactly how Kiro develops and how Sagiso views him, because if they get into a ship then she will try to cling to him and while she won't be as obsessed as say, Sakura, he'd still end up having major impacts on her character development. E.g. If Kiro jades her then...HA! Let's just say she'd become very bitter over it.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
For reference, if a male character were to confess to Sagiso in the middle of a battle (And it didn't sound like BS) she'd drop the battle on the spot and flee. Her character is supposed to be like that (Or rather so it has developed throughout the RP. My initial conceptio
I’m confused on why this?

Why she’d react like that
She's set to be the aggressive seeming lover who'd go after what she wants, which stems from the Nadeshiko Village customs, but think about it. Her village is entirely female, Kai, Zaku, Kiro, and Kenji are the only boys she actually knows. If any of them actually advanced on her she'd be completely lost.(not Kai, she'd never believe a word out of his mouth about loving her unless Shen just wrote a godly post)
She'd lose all her cool immediately and simply do whatever she could to get out of that situation.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
She's set to be the aggressive seeming lover who'd go after what she wants, which stems from the Nadeshiko Village customs, but think about it. Her village is entirely female, Kai, Zaku, Kiro, and Kenji are the only boys she actually knows. If any of them actually advanced on her she'd be completely lost.(not Kai, she'd never believe a word out of his mouth about loving her unless Shen just wrote a godly post)
She'd lose all her cool immediately and simply do whatever she could to get out of that situation.
Yea but overall I don’t see many ships opportunities in this RP with anyone

Yea but overall I don’t see many ships opportunities in this RP with anyone
If it really comes to it I'll either ship her with Oniyuri, or leave her shipless.
?
Personally, if Kiro doesn't work out, I'm shipping Kenji. Like, if godjacob was more...aggressive(?) with Kenji then he'd actually be my pick.

Though that does depend on how Shen develops Zaku, Kenji is more to my personal liking, while Zaku is simply the most likely to actually make a move on Sagiso. By the way, my fav ship is Azumi x Sagiso x Zaku. Though I mean, we could drop Zaku and it'd still be a beautiful thing xD, no offense Shen.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
If it really comes to it I'll either ship her with Oniyuri, or leave her shipless.
?
Personally, if Kiro doesn't work out, I'm shipping Kenji. Like, if godjacob was more...aggressive(?) with Kenji then he'd actually be my pick.

Though that does depend on how Shen develops Zaku, Kenji is more to my personal liking, while Zaku is simply the most likely to actually make a move on Sagiso. By the way, my fav ship is Azumi x Sagiso x Zaku. Though I mean, we could drop Zaku and it'd still be a beautiful thing xD, no offense Shen.
No I didn’t mean with Sagiso but overall love relationships in this RP I think are gonna be rare

Problem is EVERY time I tried to get Kenji with Sagiso, circumstances force them to not have any interaction (Shen randomly deciding who got split up with who in the tunnels after I worked Kenji close to Sagiso).

More on exactly how I'm viewing this Rp and my characters, because I feel like I really need to justify my apathy as something other than 'my characters just don't care.', which, to a certain extent they don't.

Think back to Naruto's very first mission outside the village. The beginning of the Zabuza arc where they were attacked by those supposedly famous chunin. That, is exactly the type of world I view this as and exactly why my characters aren't eager to involve themselves in fights. It's the type of world where outside the safety of your village, you'll get offed at any moment. When you signed up to be a ninja, you didn't just sign up to get a fancy headband and fling around ninjutsu, you basically signed a death warrant. I find it somewhat unrealistic for characters to not be jaded by that reality. Though none of my characters would be outright jaded they do lean towards that side of the spectrum, because for all intents and purposes, everywhere that isn't your village could be a potential battleground and if you want to live long then jumping into fights to save people who you just met last week(and who will likely be trying to kill you in the future) just isn't the way to go about things.

That being said, I am taking into consideration that it doesn't leave my character much room for interactions and I'm gradually changing the way they go about doing things. Forest of Death Sagiso, spared Kenji on a whim, she simply didn't care that much whether he was actually dead or alive after their battle, but was more focused on 'romance' and hence why she went into talking about the meaning of her name. Since he actually lost that fight, she only explained the last part of her name, Ajisai, symbolizing her pride, and merely blushed at Sagiso, symbolizing love and longing. {lit. My thoughts will follow you into your dreams.}

Present day Sagiso is somewhat more caring about people unrelated to her, something I could justify in her personality after she'd experienced the warmth of familial love. Particularly, you should note what actually happened during Hinagiku's visit with her in the hospital as it is, the only time in the Rp thus far, that has ever caused Sagiso to get emotional.

She started out hesitant to even receive Hinagiku's affection, and she soon flipped from discomfort to outright rage before being pacified. That being said, I would have to somewhat retract my statement about Sagiso not being Jaded. In a sense, she is jaded and has a longing for affection. Naturally, her upbringing as an Amazoness means she'd suppress it as much as she could. Affection with Sagiso gets returned in spades, most notably shown with Azumi, who probably could've walked past Sagiso with the leaf's secrets jutsu scroll in hand, and Sagiso never would've leaked a world. Her affection with Azumi is almost over the top, intruding on Azumi's personal space such as when she practically tackled her upon meeting her in the waiting room. I'd planned something similar with Ryo but Plat wasn't available :v

For reference, if a male character were to confess to Sagiso in the middle of a battle (And it didn't sound like BS) she'd drop the battle on the spot and flee. Her character is supposed to be like that (Or rather so it has developed throughout the RP. My initial conception of her was nothing like this.)

Edit:

It's also why I'm being really picky with exactly how Kiro develops and how Sagiso views him, because if they get into a ship then she will try to cling to him and while she won't be as obsessed as say, Sakura, he'd still end up having major impacts on her character development. E.g. If Kiro jades her then...HA! Let's just say she'd become very bitter over it.

I can respect this view, though as you said being neutral or "apathetic" doesn't leave much wake for motivation for characters to do things or really get involved. I would love to expand on Azumi & Sagiso's relationship more. As I do want to show a side of Azumi that isn't the monster she will become as time goes on.

I guess my concern is I want there to be a nice diversity with our morality. Not just have everything be morally bleak. The world is a cruel place in the Naruto setting, but there should be those who see a light in the darkness and try to do something about this. Every good story needs heroes, villains and those splash of grey characters to make it better. Having too much darkness and little light is a detriment.

Problem is EVERY time I tried to get Kenji with Sagiso, circumstances force them to not have any interaction (Shen randomly deciding who got split up with who in the tunnels after I worked Kenji close to Sagiso).

I can respect this view, though as you said being neutral or "apathetic" doesn't leave much wake for motivation for characters to do things or really get involved. I would love to expand on Azumi & Sagiso's relationship more. As I do want to show a side of Azumi that isn't the monster she will become as time goes on.

I guess my concern is I want there to be a nice diversity with our morality. Not just have everything be morally bleak. The world is a cruel place in the Naruto setting, but there should be those who see a light in the darkness and try to do something about this. Every good story needs heroes, villains and those splash of grey characters to make it better. Having too much darkness and little light is a detriment.
Well, Sagiso is leaving the leaf after the next arc, and she'll probably head Azumi's way. They'll have plenty of time for interaction, and since Sagiso will be traveling around, she'll have plenty of time to form bonds with other characters as well.

Like, I do understand the complaints about her being apathetic, but at the same time, the RP looks poofy. Despite our 50 pages of RP, it's barely been a month.

First test - 1 day
Forest of death + 1st tournament - 3 days (?)
Time skip - 2 weeks
Final round of the exams to the current day - 2 days, and we're still on that second day.

that actually scratches 3 weeks ish.

Like, I do understand the complaints about her being apathetic, but at the same time, the RP looks poofy. Despite our 50 pages of RP, it's barely been a month.

First test - 1 day
Forest of death + 1st tournament - 3 days (?)
Time skip - 2 weeks
Final round of the exams to the current day - 2 days, and we're still on that second day.

that actually scratches 3 weeks ish.

Really the only pacing issue is the fact that this arc happened right after the Invasion of Konoha. It's the main reason so much happened in (relative) such a short amount of time.

Though Sagiso being in a coma during the two week time skip did not help much for character interaction with her. But I can see this complaint, it would be a giant rush for her to have a complete 180 within 3 weeks.

It's not so much a complaint, as Sagiso's personality does make sense. I just have the worry that if a character doesn't care what happens in the arcs that their inclusion in said arcs will feel forced more than anything.

Really the only pacing issue is the fact that this arc happened right after the Invasion of Konoha. It's the main reason so much happened in (relative) such a short amount of time.

Though Sagiso being in a coma during the two week time skip did not help much for character interaction with her. But I can see this complaint, it would be a giant rush for her to have a complete 180 within 3 weeks.

It's not so much a complaint, as Sagiso's personality does make sense. I just have the worry that if a character doesn't care what happens in the arcs that their inclusion in said arcs will feel forced more than anything.
I'll resolve that soon enough, she's a work in progress and I don't really plan to be stuck on commentary because my character wouldn't involve herself.