• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

‘Finally.’ Kiro watched as Yukimaru finally left the house. If Yukimaru was telling the truth, then he shouldn’t have to worry about anyone else spying on him. That was important for Kiro because he actually wanted to get some more work in on a technique that he was trying to learn. A technique that caused him so much trouble. This technique came with high risk, but the rewards were well worth the danger. Kiro took a quick glance out the window to see he still had some time left in the day. If he wished to advance further on to the next round, Kiro would have to push himself to new limits.

Thankfully the rest of the Leaf Village seemed to know that there would be a multitude of foreign ninja wandering their streets as they did not seemed to care at all. As Kiro walked through streets of the village, it felt as if the villagers regarded him as just another ninja that was part of their village. Maybe in another reality, that could’ve been the case. However, in this reality, Kiro was anything but a common villager.

By the time Kiro reached the training grounds, a forest clearing of sorts, there was a light drizzle as well as some weak wind gusts. It seemed to be pouring over on the other side of the village and it was only a matter of time before the rain reached his location. “Just great.” Kiro mumbled to himself as he activated his sharingan.

The lightning armor wasn’t something that was supposed to be easy to learn. After all, it was a jutsu mainly used by kage level ninja, such as the Raikage for example. However, the third hokage was who Kiro got his inspiration from. At the level he was at now, there was no was he could perform it at such a level. However, his goal was to atleast use a basic version of it. Even that was a struggle in its own. The hard part was not just the immense chakra control needed, but the fact that the cost of chakra outweighed the gain. Kiro had twice been able to perform the technique but could only hold onto it for barely a few seconds before it lost its stability. The toll was great as Kiro would completely run out of chakra afterwards since he had never been able to stabilize his limited chakra yet.

The technique also required him to expel his chakra points and use nature transformation to transform it into lightning. That way, he would be able to wrap his chakra around him or whatever body part he wanted to protect. The difficult part was not just activating each chakra point but also being able to turn the chakra into lightning without hand signs. The more chakra points that are used, make the armor stronger, but it also made it easier to get electrocuted. The first time Kiro had tried to activate all his chakra points, it backfired completely and he was temporarily paralyzed for almost a full day. Ever since then, he had been careful to open his chakra points. If he messed up once, he could possibly lose all the chakra he let out. Even worse, losing control in the rain could potentially kill him.

Kiro took a deep breath as he stood still under the dark clouds above him. The drizzle was annoying but Kiro would have to deal with it. He stayed calm and held his fists up and focused on expelling the chakra points throughout his arms first. With his sharingan, Kiro was able to see chakra form around his arms, seemingly forming a blanket around them. Afterwards, Kiro focused on his legs. He felt a tingly feeling at first before he felt a rush of chakra start to flow out. It was working.

Eventually, Kiro unlocked all the chakra points he needed in order to form the technique. Kiro was doing his best not to shake due to all the chakra flowing around him. However, reaching this point was not the most difficult thing for him. The next part was. At first, Kiro stayed calm as he tried to transform the chakra nature into lightning. A minute passed, then two, then five. Kiro was starting to become increasingly frustrated at himself. “Come on.” Kiro mumbled ever so silently as he started to clench his fists. A few more minutes passed by before the first sparks of blue electricity flew out. However, Kiro needed more. Another three minutes passed before more and more sparks started to sputter out. “Almost there.” Kiro mumbled as he deepened his focus. A few more minutes passed before sparks of electricity began flowing around his body. Kiro could sense it, he knew he was almost there. However, what he didn’t know was that his curse mark was starting to glow...

Lightning was nearly starting to coat his body when he felt it. The same itch that had been haunting him ever since Orochimaru bit him. ‘No, not now. Please don’t.‘ Kiro mentally pleaded with the curse mark. Instead, Kiro could feel the searing burn start to spread. It felt almost as if the curse mark was growing. Indeed it was. Kiro did his best to continue his focus but what was even more worrying was the fact that he could feel the chakra around him increasing. It was starting to become too much. Lightning shot in multiple directions from his body as he started to lose control. “N-no, I won’t let this...” Kiro suddenly froze when he realized what was about to happen. Without hesitating, Kiro took a deep breath and closed his chakra points, retaining as much chakra as he could. Almost immediately afterwards, Kiro felt a surge of electricity before he was suddenly blasted off the ground.

Kiro landed on his back a moment later and he gasped for all the air he could get as he looked up at the dark gray clouds in the sky. The drizzle was starting to become heavier. However, that wasn’t what Kiro was mad at. He was furious at himself. “I’m so pathetic.” Kiro spoke silently to himself as he just let the rain hit him in the face.

The Doki seemed responsive, no screams escaped its lips though Tayuya had been quick to respond as she began to play a tune as the Doki jumped back though not before the kunai had been lodged into the right foot of the Doki as this along with the other strikes to the ankles had caused damage even if the Doku had been far from expressive to say the least.

The Doku pulled the kunai out of its foot, per Tayuya's commanding tune, as blood leaked out though the Doku showed no pain though its long hair had hidden any expression as Tayuya had taken note of the signs of the mark as it progressed though had yet to fully release itself. Tayuya decided to push it a little further.

Tayuya played a new tune again, and this time the Doki remained where it was as it began to swung the club round and around its body to build up momentum. Then the Doki tossed the heavy club like a projectile as its weight would help it fight off an air current should Zaku have made the motion to blast it.

Regardless of what he had done, while Zaku remained focused on the club as it flew at him in high speeds, Tayuya moved above and behind Zaku as she reared her fist back and clearly had an idea of her own; if Zaku blasted the club, she'd move behind him to deliver a powerful punch to his back. If Zaku jumped in any direction to avoid it Tayuya would peruse for a follow-up taijutsu combination. If he used a replacement jutsu, Tayuya would command her Doki to get the club and assume a defensive position while she had kept herself hidden. Tayuya was not quite the strategic mind of the group, as that fit Kidomaru more in spite of his arrogance, but she was no moron and figured this was a decent approach as she hoped to push Zaku all the more.

-----------
Azumi and Takato, after a period of akward silence, continued their conversation. Azumi simply explained she left her headband back at her apartment and Takato seemed to buy that. Wasn't as if Azumi had lied, she just kept certain details of why she left it there to herself. Eventually the topic had shifted to Takato's clan capabilities. Which Takato had to admit not many even within his home showed much interest given that Hidden Jutsu among his clan and others like it tended to get overshadowed by Kekki Genkai particularly of the Uchiha and Hyuga Clans.

"Seem pretty interested in our clan's specialty. Most outsiders tend to view it as a one note gimmick." Takato said to Azumi, which highlighted his curiosity over why Azumi seemed interested over something that even if he had been willing to share had a "limited" use; of course Takato knew there was more to the arts than the basic shadow possession technique but outsiders like Azumi had no way to know that.

"Any ability can be used beyond its most basic function. Besides, I have a vision in mind that just might give me the necessary edge for these finals. Though of course I require your help for that." Azumi explained as Takato folded his arms over his chest.

"So, asking me to help you train for the exams. Even though we just bumped into each other by chance, seems like a sudden spur of the moment thing to be something you had a "vision" for." Takato countered as Azumi had to admit that was a fair point she needed to respond to quickly.

"My intention was to scout the Nara clan after I visited a friend in the hospital. Given I am a foreigner, I only have certain knowledge of said clans of Konoha though I knew enough of your clan to know it could be of help to me." Azumi admitted enough, which was true as Takato thought over Azumi's reasoning for all this before he spoke up.

"So, you want me to help you. Someone I just bumped into, for exams I am not part of. Seems like a one-sided benefit really, and our clan's secrets are not to be just casually showed off to anyone. Foreigners especially." Takato explained as Azumi seemed to have expected that answer and had been quick to respond to it.

"I understand, and by all means if nothing I say convinces you of that you are free to decline. Though know that if you do help me with this I can teach you what I know to improve your skills as a ninja. Also I will owe you a favor in kind and I am a ninja of my word so whatever it is you want of me I will be prepared to do." Azumi said, as she made her offer to Takato as he thought it over and given it had been a lot to think over that he needed some time which Azumi seemed to be willing to give.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Zaku watched the club come at him, he wasn’t prepared for the Doki to recover so quickly without a sign of pain. C-crap! Zaku June’s and aimed his hands at the club and fired a burst of air at the club, not stopping its movements. Instead, the airborne Zaku was hurled backwards, apparently toward Tayuya was behind him. He was thrown her way, not expecting to be thrown by his own attack. He couldn’t see where he was going because his back was turned. At least it’s some distance between me and that thing....

“We are calling Shinobi forces to answer to your blockade of our hospital, come out and we won’t have to resort to such extreme measures.”

“Any self respecting mist ninja is always prepared to repair their own bodies!”

At this point, Kai had been using the medications in the medical cabinet, and mixed in with several other solvents in Kai’s bag. He had apparently already bandaged himself and did a ton of self medical work. Kai had dressed himself back in his hunter nin uniform. He left the five unconscious medical nin on the ground. Kai waved his hand at the window, crystallizing the water vapor around it, before closing his fist, breaking the window. Ina quick step, he hopped out of the window, quick to leave the foreign hospital care.

A loud crack was heard which caused Kiro to jump. “What the hell?!” Kiro exclaimed as he ran under some trees to cover himself from the pouring rain. “Watch you language Kiro!” A female voice shouted over the rain. Kiro just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms as he watched his mother come under the tree with him. “Why does it have to rain?! I wanted to train!” Kiro pouted, stomping his feet, causing the water to splash in his mother’s direction. “Hey! Watch what you’re doing young man!” His mother shouted once again, grabbing his shoulder. Kiro just grunted as he tried to pull away. “Rain is stupid!” Kiro exclaimed, still mad about not being able to train. “Kiro...” His mother started to speak softly, which caused Kiro to turn to face her. Her voice was so soft and calm in a way which it always was able to gain his attention. Kiro looked at his mother, staring at her with his young black eyes. His mother smiled at him when she saw his face. She just could never get angry at her child. “The rain isn’t stupid stupid silly.” His mother giggled afterwards as she patted his head. “Hmpf.” Kiro managed to say as he tilted the head the other way. He noticed that there was a little puppy running around in the rain, seeming to be having the time of it’s life as it chased what looked like a frog. “Mother look.” Kiro pointed in the direction of the dog. “How come the dog gets to play in the rain and I can’t?” Kiro asked as he watched the frog hide in an open pipe. His mother giggled a little bit more before she spoke. “The rain could give you a cold if you stay to long and also li...” His mother didn’t get to finish her statement as Kiro started to walk in the rain, towards the dog who was trying to reach the frog. “It’s alright mother, I don’t want the dog to get sick.” Kiro said. His mother was about to scold him but instead she smiled at how generous and caring her son was. “If only...” She was cut short once again by an even louder crack than before as a blinding light covered the area. “KIRO!” Shrieked the woman.

Once the light went away, Kiro looked forward to see the frog come out of the pipe and look down. Kiro followed the frog’s eyesight and immediately froze as he saw the remains of the charred dog. That’s when Kiro began to understand what the frog had done. “Kiro, are you alright?!” His mother ran up and wrapped him up in a tight hug as she looked over. Kiro looked fine but she could tell something had changed. “What is it Kiro?” She asked her little son. “The frog hid in the pipe to protect itself from the dog and used the lightning as a weapon.” Kiro stated so calmly, even surprising his mother at how quickly he was able to analyze what happened. “Y-yes. Why does that matter?” She asked, a bit worried for her son. Kiro just looked at his mother with an unreadable expression before looking at the dead dog. “If you were the frog and the dog was coming after you... I would want to be the lightning as well.”

Kiro punched the ground for a third time while the curse mark finally reverted back to its dormant form. “Why?! Why can’t I do it?!” Kiro shouted at the clouds above him, hoping for some sort of answer. All he got was heavier rain that before. “Damn it! I’m always a failure, even now I can’t...”

The lightning from outside lit the otherwise dark room as Kiro looked down at the body in his destroyed room. Rain poured in through the broken windows as the gust blew off a sheet that covered his mother’s bloodied face. Kiro had failed. He was supposed to be there to save her, except he wasn’t... Kiro watched as the lightning lit up the room again and like always, the thunder strike was always a few seconds late.

Kiro stood up in the rain and let the drops wash over him. “No, I have to do this.” Kiro clenched his fists, drawing blood with the pressure he was using. Kiro stopped caring about anything around him, especially the rain drops that still struck his body. The rain was the same as tears and when he suffered the most, he hated both. Kiro closed his eyes as he took a deep, emotional breath. He opened his chakra points at a stable rate, making sure his body was ready for each one. The tension in his body was there, but he didn’t allow it to interfere. Once each chakra point was open, Kiro let his chakra wrap around him again, allowing it to protect him.

Her little boy looked so cute and innocent as he slept peacefully. She felt Kiro’s forehead once more and could feel the coolness in his body. The rain had really gotten to him. Kiro shifted once again in the bed and she could tell something was wrong. “I-I’m cold.” The boy said in such a quiet tone that she could barely hear it. She couldn’t help but smile as she laid down on the bed next to Kiro and wrapped her blanket around him. “Don’t worry, it will be alright.” She said before she kissed him on the forehead and wrapped her arms around him.

Sparks of electricity flew in every direction as Kiro continued to focus his chakra. The lightning was starting flow freely around his body, covering it as well as striking the drops of rain that came near Kiro. He was almost there, he just needed a little bit more chakra to stabilize it. Then it happened again, and this time the pain from the curse mark was even worse than before. “N-no!” Kiro took deep and heavy breaths as he continued on. He wasn’t going to let this curse mark stop him. The curse mark continued grow on the left side of his neck before it started to spread over to his face. Kiro closed his eyes and grit his teeth in pain as he tried his best to hold on. More chakra started to flow around his body as the curse mark fed him more chakra. Though it was extremely painful, Kiro allowed the curse mark to fully cover the left side of his body. Kiro’s chakra started to started to stabilize as the lightning started to coat around his body. As the lightning armor was getting closer to becoming completed, the pain was starting to become unbearable. “Come on! I will do it this time!” Kiro shouted out loud before he let out a war cry of sorts before lightning struck the area around him.

Kiro kneeled over his mother as he wiped the blood stains off her face. Eventually, he came across a more familiar liquid, water. Tears, that’s what they were. ‘No, it’s the rain.’ Kiro stood up and walked over to a broken closet. He threw everything out until he found what he was looking for. A blanket. The same blanket she covered him with when he had a fever. It was old but it didn’t matter. Kiro gently placed the blanket over her before wiping the ‘rain’ off her face. His last memory of his mother wouldn’t have tears in them, no that was the rain.

After an extremely loud crack of thunder, the light around Kiro disappeared, which revealed something spectacular. Kiro stood with his eyes opened, showing his sharingan with a triumphant grin on his face. The blanket of lightning wrapped around him, coating him in a protective way, keeping him safe from the rain. The lightning prevented his nervous system from feeling any of the pain coming from his curse mark. In fact, the curse mark was still fully spread around the left side of Kiro’s body, providing him with the necessary chakra that he always needed.

Kiro looked down at his left hand before he raised his right palm and looked at it. The lightning looked so fluid as it ran through his palm down through out his body. Even more amazing was what Kiro saw. The world around him made him feel like he was going in slow motion. In fact, it was the pure opposite. The lightning chakra made him stronger and faster. But the lightning armor also augmented his nervous system. The lightning stimulated his brain which cause the rest of his nervous system to also speed up. It caused him to see everything in slow motion because he was going to fast. Kiro reached for a slow but steady moving raindrop. Kiro stopped as he took a moment to look at it. He couldn’t but grin when his raised finger let out a stray bolt of lightning, which shattered the water droplet into multiple tiny droplets. He would never have to worry about the rain ever touching him again.

Zaku's relief was short lived, as the club smashed the ground where Zaku would have stood Tayuya soon smirked and jumped forward at high speeds. Tayuya aimed to deliver a powerful knee strike right on Zaku's back. The sudden stop in momentum would only have made the already hard blow all the more effective; and if that blow had connected Tayuya aimed to follow it up with a double ax handle strike that if it connected aimed to slam Zaku down to the ground with violent velocity.

-----------
Takato had taken a long time to think through Azumi's offer, and while he had certain reservations he saw the possible benefits towards this and if she were to keep true to her word this could benefit him down the road. Both for when he took the exam again next year and beyond that. Not to mention Takato lacked much of anything to do for the next couple weeks and who knows maybe it would get his dad off his back and allow him the chance to fit the "be more social" guideline easily enough while being of actual benefit to him. Eventually, he came to a decision.

"Alright, starting tomorrow we'll meet up outside the village. And any questions I have, I'd like honest answers from you. We'll each take turns introducing a technique to teach the other. And you'd better keep your word, I won't accept anything less than a handshake." Takato explained as he held his hand and waited for Azumi to accept it; which the Ame-nin had done not a moment after the hand was offered to her as she felt this conditions were acceptable.

"Deal."

Heh, at least I’m far away from that ugly-

Zaku’s relief WAS short lived, as he felt a sharp pain to his back. He coughed up blood as he was propelled right into Tayuya’s kick. Before long he was suckered into a taijutsu combo, Zaku hitting the ground with a loud *THUD!*. Dirt and dust was thrown up all around, the results seemed sketchy. When the dust cleared, Zaku remained in a crater, unconscious. Blood and dirt was on his face, trickling down from his cheek to the crater under him. Sakon seemed satisfied.

“That looked like a lot of fun.” He said sarcastically. “I see we got our work cut out for us. Let’s do this again first thing tomorrow. Jirobo, get him back to his house in the leaves.”

Ukon smirked at the results. He always loved someone getting pummeled, especially someone like Zaku. The next few weeks would get very enjoyable.

The weeks passed and hours turned to minutes. Eventually, it winded down to the day of the Final exam. Crowds had flocked all over to witness the new batch of genin. Several kage’s would be making their home in the leaf for the next few days, and the arrangements had been made to make a festival out of this event.

The mist and sand were supposed to make a big appearance, their kage’s and representatives being the most numerous of all the other delegates. The ever so mysterious sound had only sent one representative however, their Kage. Which had been heard to be en route, while the mist and sand had flocked their way to parading through the front gates.

The other genin were going to be tried this day, the Chunin Exams would end. But Chunin would be selected, and through all the promisin candidates, there would be no doubt that at least some would be chosen. The hokage had been holding his location at the final exams collossum, where the final exam would be held: a tournament. He would no doubt be waiting for the other villages to make their apperance.

Last edited:
On the third day of Sagisō's hospitalization, her eyes flittered, fluttered, flickered and finally, snapped open. The first thing groggy and confused girl noticed was a tall, wide-eyed woman. The contours of her face, soft yet firm, feeling vaguely familiar to the bedridden kunoichi. The two women stared at each other, as if staring at a reflection, albeit the woman's skin was much paler than Sagisō's and her dark wispy hair was cut short at her waist as opposed to Sagisō's equally inky hair that (having been released when she'd been admitted to the hospital) pooled in ropes on the kunoichi's chest, draped over her shoulders, and curtained off her bed and onto the ground. A thick silence hung between them, the only communication being the exchange of glances between their limpid magenta pupils.

There was an odd familiarity that lingered between them, not something birthed of affection or friendship but a deeper more compelling force that stemmed from the ties within the blood coursing through their veins. The instant Sagisō had laid eyes on the woman she'd known... She was a Hyūga, but more importantly than that they had very close blood-ties.

The revelation left her mind reeling and scrambling to answer each of the myriads of questions stampeding through her head. Her mouth opened and closed, a stream of soundless words escaping her lips as hoarse gasps. It seemed like she hadn't quite recovered full control of her body, the long period of sleep had left her muscles stiff and unresponsive. After a few more failed attempts at voicing her queries, Sagisō simply leaned back onto her bedhead in resignation, frustration apparent on her face. A peal of bell-like laughter filled the room as the older woman finally broke the silence. Her cheeks were flushed, and upon closer inspection, Sagisō could see the tear stains streaking down her cheeks. The woman rushed forward, her arms sweeping outwards, embracing the -at this point rather startled- genin. Sagisō stiffened in her embrace, her throat quivering as she once again struggled to speak her mind- that was until she felt a cool wetness soaking through her fabric of her sarashi and moistening her skin. Then came the trembling- no, the dry heaves as the woman's body was racked with sobs.

Although she knew the woman was in some way related her, the fact remained that Sagisō didn't know who she was, and to have a 'stranger' suddenly start sobbing over her injured body... well, the awkward mix of emotion that swirled in her eyes said it all. She wanted to struggle, to writhe and squirm her way out of this unwanted embrace, but she lacked the strength. That, however, wouldn't stop her from trying. She prepared to push the woman backward when a sharp pain pierced into her from her arms. A cursory glance on her part found them bandaged in white rolls of medical tape, and clearly out of commision. Her mind jumped back to Kai's final desperate attack, and she smoldered with rage...'Even a cornered rabbit will bite back, much less a dog like him...but even then...even a dog knows better than to bite its betters...'

A murderous fury swam through her eyes, and a renewed resolve pumped through her veins. She would get this detestable woman off her and then-

"I'm so glad you're alright Sagisō...Oh, you look just like my sister...she...would've been proud to see her sweetheart in the Chūnin exams..."

Between sobs and sniffles, the woman managed to eek out a single sentence, and Sagisō shuddered. Her eyes glossed over as she realized exactly who this woman was. Her emotions bubbled, tossed and turned, churning like the rolling waves of a storm-battered sea. Amongst all the girl's feelings, one stood out, an intense longing for something she'd never had... and would never receive, the warmth of parental affection. A different warmth rose within her, the simmering heat of rage. It lit a fire under her, goading the kunoichi to lash out; lash out against that insufferable xenophobic freak that'd landed her here, lash out against this woman who acted as if she understood all her pain when in truth she understood nothing, lash out against the world that'd-

"You know...your name had originally been Tsubaki...'longing'...but your current name...Sagisō...it must've been a gift from your mother...'my thoughts will follow you in your dreams'...quite...fitting...much better than 'longing'..."

Another shudder passed through the girl's body, her rising anger caught in her throat, stifling her breath. She felt the arms around her tightening, the embrace firm yet strangely...comforting. The story behind her name brought it new meaning and a sense of reconciliation. The parental affection she'd longed for having been present the whole time...a memoir of her parents carved into her very essence. The walls that she'd erected, the cheerful front that hid her uncertainties...collapsed soundlessly.

Sinking into the bosom of the only family she'd ever known...Sagisō wept.

-----------------------

Exhausted from the upheaval of emotions Sagisō had quickly drifted off to sleep. When she awoke her Aunt, Hinagiku as she'd learned, informed her of Azumi's visit. It was a shame that she'd been soundly asleep during the Ame-nin's visit, but she perked up once she learned Azumi was free to visit her at the Hyūga clan estate.

Days flew by, and with the inability to use her arms Sagisō had come to rely on her aunt- or more precisely her aunt's daughter, Furījia. The bubbly, nonsensical girl had spent the better part of the week nursing her slightly older cousin, all the while engaging in what training the duo could handle. It appeared there were a few jutsu in the Hyūga's repository that didn't require the user's arms or even hand signs.

When Sagisō had finally gotten the bandages on her arms removed they'd really kicked into high gear. Her Aunt was a cruel mistress and the fluid, masterful motions of the Hyūga's gentle fist art would not permit sloppy execution. Although Sagisō had always thought herself to have had excellent chakra control, she soon learned that before the Hyūga, who boasted techniques that required fine control and emission of chakra from all 361 chakra points in the body, she'd been 'displaying petty tricks before an expert', and her prided chakra control was in truth, simple child's play.

The day before the second stage of the Chūnin Exams, in one of the Hyūga clans larger courtyards, Sagisō and her cousin Furījia lay prone on cold wooden floors, looking very much like sacks of potatoes someone had beaten with a mallet and then tossed to the side of the road for the wild animals to devour. Simply put, they'd been battered and broken. The culprit stood in the middle of the courtyard, her appearance ethereal and unsullied, drawing sharp contrast to the girls who seemed to have been rolled in the mud before being left for dead.

"Kids these days...as fragile as soggy paper, all it takes is a poke to down them..."

Hinagiku sighed in lament and deactivated her Byakugan. She'd taken to training her two daughters personally after she'd watched them sparing in the courtyard one fateful morning. They'd laughed jovially doubting her ability to handle both of them at once, they were quite the fighters after all, and the duo had an uncanny sense of synchrony. She'd smiled at them, claiming that if they could defeat her in 2 hours she'd give them a prize.

Forget 2 hours, after a week of sneak attacks, booby traps, schemes and direct combat the duo found themselves handily beaten down time and time again. Eventually, having developed some pity towards her proteges, Hinagiku had lowered the requirement to 'landing a single blow' on her person. Evidently, by the current state of the duo, they were nowhere near closer to that goal than they had been on day 1, their greatest achievement to date being withstanding the older woman's assault for a full 5 minutes.

They clearly had much to learn...

--------

The day of the Chūnin exams Sagisō slinked through the crowd, entering the stadium where the Chūnin exams were to be held. Her excite dulled by the aches and pangs that echoed from her entire body. Although they'd have no effect on her fighting capabilities, they were still a reminder of the crushing defeat at the hands of her aunt. "Even 5 of me couldn't stand up to that demoness..."

"I'm glad to see you're recovering well dearie, maybe we can go for another round after these exams~?" Unbeknownst to the genin her aunt and adoptive mother had somehow managed to sneak up on her and catch her completely unguarded, and she didn't seem too pleased with being bad-mouthed behind her back. An unsettling smile hung on her lips, one that seemed completely at peace amidst the underworld's most vicious demons and Asura.

A shrill screech of 'Hyyyyyiiii~' pierced through the festive of the stadium as Sagisō fled in terror, heading towards the waiting room that'd been prepared for participants. A loving(?) cry of "I'll be watching ~" echoed behind her, sending shivers down her back.

Last edited:

Zaku has fought tooth and nail up to the very day of the exams. The sound four were unrelenting, and each of them took turns beating sense into him. Jirobo’s might, Tayuya’s tactics, Kidomaru’s ferocity, and Sakon’s speed. All of which had been thrown at him several times. He felt ready, he wasn’t about to let all that training go to waste. He flexed his muscles, Kin and Yukimaru in his quarters with him. Kin had revoked in Zaku’s pain for the past long weeks, but had started to see the appeal in why Orochimaru had chosen him for the seal.

His resilience.

Not only had he been surgically altered massively back in the sound, but he made it through most of the exams, several missions, and now a constant every day sparring session with the sound’s elite enforcers, and not once had he backed down. He was like a rubber ball, you can throw it out but it will always bounce right back. Zaku turned to Kin and Yukimaru, nodding his head.

“It’s time.”

Kai was quick to meet up with the mist delegation as they arrived, finding it hard to remain on edge, as he feared mist blood being assasinated by foreign hands. His eyes watched carefully as he saw even the Yuki clan had key representatives, coming in unison along with the Mizukage herself, mei. Could this mean that Kanshi is amongst them somewhere? Kai most down from the building he was spying atop and went to talk with the mist folk.

A bead of sweat trickled down Lakos temple making him long for some water. His stomach rumbled at the thought of food. His fists made dull thudding sounds as he punched the pile of sandbags in front of him. Lakos shoulders ached after the long hours of training, blood dripping from his right fist after scraping it on the hard surface of the bags. He skittered back, wove some hand signs and a beam of energy shot out from his hands. The blue beam crackled as it shot through the air, the beam hit the sandbags and went clean through it, leaving a hole in the middle of the bag. Grains of sand mesmerisingly dropped from the bag.

Lakos legs gave out from beneath him and he collapsed onto the ground. He looked around the training room eyes drifting from every detail. Sand littered the ground in patches everywhere. Lako sighed pulled himself up and grabbed a sweeping brush.
"This is gonna take a while to clean."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo walked down from the mountainside, with an aura of confidence and security around him. He felt as if he travelled to hell and back, but in the end, it was all worth it. Weeks spent tourturing himself, pushing his body to its physical limits and even inflicting minor mental tourture. Now, he had an ace up his sleeve, that would surely improve his chances of becoming a Chunin.
Even if I didn't get involved with Orochimaru, even if I don't have any sort of special power, that won't stop me from securing the win. Taiyo noticed how the harsh mountains he forced himself to climb just to reach his training grounds weren't as grueling now that he finished training. Now he travelled back to Kohana, to show the genin who looked down on him just what he was capable of.

Katsuo had been frantically running in circles through a large field with several water shuriken chasing after him. The lethal blades were mere inches away from catching his back, when Ichiko appeared in the middle of it all, an amused look on her face.

"Katsuo!' She yelled, the water shuriken disappearing with a loud puff, causing the boy to stumble over his own feet and fall face first into the dirt.

"Yes Sensei?" He spoke unsteadily, scrambling to his feet without a moments notice.

"Your next opponent, shes a member of the Hyuga Clan, is she not?"

"Yeah, proficient user of the byakugan and rather skilled kunoichi, her chakra control is on a level similar to my own, its troubling."

THUD!~ Ichiko slammed her palm into the center Katsuo's head faster than his eyes could even begin to perceive for seemingly no reason, her mouth only forming words once the young water ninja had snapped out of his dazed and confused state.

"Your a member of the Ikeda Clan, dont you dare show worry or fear, you are not permitted to lose~" The last few words emphasized enough to send chills down Katsuo's spine, but compelling enough to draw him in.

"What do you think I should do?" He questioned, slowly leaning forward as he awaited a response.

"Katsuo my boy.....you already know the perfect techniques to counter a Hyuga Clan member, you just need a little more.....practice......"

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
The final day of training was torture on Yasu's body. He had pushed himself nearly to death every single day since the last round of the exam. Every day he could go a little farther, and little by little had had turned himself into a machine. A machine who's only purpose was to win the exams, for Tomiko.

I will emerge victorious tomorrow, but first I must rest... Zaku...

Yasu awoke to light filtering into his cave. The sun shone perfectly into his eyes, forcing him awake and out into the open. He took a deep breath of the clean air filtering into the rocks, he might actually miss this place. There wasn't time to think about that though, he was going somewhere else, somewhere more important, somewhere he needed to be.

Unlike most villages, Amegakure had not sent their kage to oversee the finals of the exams. In its place, a delegate had been sent as a representative. The official explanation was that the leader of Amegakure had been busy with domestic concerns that unfortunately could not have been put on hold even for the Chunin Exam Finals. Which had not been a total lie, and there would have been no reason for the higher ups at Konoha or anywhere else to suspect anything of it.

In regards to those higher ups, a cloaked figure had made his way to one of the assigned seats he and the other leaders of the five great nations were. Other leaders and members had also been given their seats around that area, but the five reserved seats on top highlighted the superpowers of the ninja world. And in the center of them was Konoha's own leader. Minato Namikaze who seemed to have an eager grin on his face as he seemed excited for the Genin to show their stuff in these finals. From what he had been told, this year's crop was rather exceptional though whether that had been the same year to year hype-fluff he had heard before or if it was true Minato was eager to find out for himself.

-----------
Azumi had already been in the waiting room where all the competitors had been told to arrive in. Given her personal anticipation for day's events, she had made a point to arrive as early as she could have. Azumi knew this was the most significant day of her life and desired to make the most of her chance especially given...

Hyyyyyiiii~

Azumi had taken note of Sagiso's arrival, along with the faint sounds of something through the air before it had been cut off by Sagiso shutting the door. Azumi had an eyebrow raised at this, though quickly shifted focus as she greeted Sagiso with a neutral expression.

"Sagiso, a pleasure." Azumi said with her usual formality around Sagiso. Of everyone she had met in this village during the exams, Sagiso had been the closest she had come to calling anyone a friend. The fact Sagiso came from such a small village but still made it to the finals only amplified the respect she clearly had for Sagiso. Though respect or not, should they be forced to come to blows Azumi had no intention of giving Sagiso anything. Azumi had worked far too hard for far too long to allow anyone to deny her path to ascension...

The sun shinned bright as sweat dripped from Azumi's forehead. High noon had been the ideal time to experiment with shadows, as Takato had advised himself. Though naturally the later had been disgruntled over this training in the heat as Azumi had a sphere of water as it hung over the air though her focus had been on the shadow itself.

Takato had to admit, what Azumi had tried to to puzzled him. Takato had demonstrated the shadow possession technique to the girl and explained how it worked. Latching onto the shadow of its target to immobilize them. And while Azumi had developed her own mock variation of the technique, it seemed the girl wanted to stretch it further.

Azumi had wondered if this could be used to latch onto the shadows of her own techniques, which Takato admitted was possibly but it was not as if one could control inanimate objects. Typically you just masked your shadow through the shadow of objects to get to the target. So Takato failed to see the point in what Azumi desired to try with that idea.

Regardless of Takato's skepticism, Azumi pressed on as she just manipulated her shadow enough to lock onto the shadow of her own water sphere as it suspended in the air. Much as Takato had explained, Azumi lacked the ability to manipulate the object. Though that had not been what Azumi desired. If linking her own chakra of the shadow allowed her the ability to move it, would it not also have been possible to "mix" the chakra of her own water sphere with the shadow? When Azumi asked Takato of this he had to admit he had never tried anything like that so it was a mystery as to whether it was possible or not.

So Azumi began to try and "link" the chakra of her water sphere to the shadow. Getting perfect sync for the mixture was key to this hypothetical idea, and at first it yielded little success. The shadow sometimes drifted up from the ground, like a centimeter at most, before it fell back down. Azumi had naturally been frustrated with this, but she kept at it for 48 hours straight which even Takato had to admit was frightening dedication without pause or rest. Though her dedication if not obsession over perfecting this hypothetical concept finally seemed to yield results. Soon enough, her shadow had drifted up from the ground to the air and entered the water sphere. Within moments, and much effort on the "chakra mixture" as possible, the water sphere had been altered. Its appearance became pitch black as it had been transformed from a water sphere to a liquid shadow sphere. Something that had amazed Takato, and opened the door for Azumi as she used the remaining time to experiment with this concept now that she had made it a possibility. With only the need for sleep and visits to Sagiso in the hospital having acted as any delay.

Mei, the Mizukage, stood outside near the back entrance of the stadium. It was only her and two bodyguards out there. It seemed suspicious but she had planned to meet someone here before the second exam started. As the bright sunlight shined above them, Mei was visibly agitated. “How shameful. What man keeps a woman waiting like this?” Mei complained as she wiped the first beads of sweat off her forehead. “Lady Kage, he is still yet a child. I seriously doubt he has learnt to regard woman as the way you see fit.” One of the body guards stated. Mei turned to the bodyguard with a glare that nearly dropped the guard to his knees before smiling. “Yes, I see your point.” She said as she started to think of the boy.

Even in his Academy days, Kiro seemed to enjoy messing with the girls who were always fawning over him. One time, Kiro had managed to trick a girl into standing outside all night by saying he would give her some special training. He never showed up. When Kiro saw her the next day, he told her that the training was to teach patience and that he couldn’t make it because he was doing something else. He took a quick glance at another girl to insinuate that something happened between them, even though nothing did. Needless to say, Mei remembered seeing the two girls with scratches all over each other during a parent meeting. Mei could see why the girls fell for his charms. Kiro was an Uchiha after all and that came with the perks of having the looks any woman wished their man had. However, it seemed like the handsome men always carried a curse with them...

“Well after this, I’m going to teach him some manners on how to properly treat a lady.” Mei spoke as he she looked up. “Ma’am.” Her bodyguard started to speak. “How odd, lightning in this weather?” Mei interrupted, a bit confused. Her question was answered a moment later when a blue bolt of lightning struck the ground right in front her. Once the lightning cleared, Kiro stood there with arcs of electricity streaking through his body and a confident grin his face. “Sorry to keep you waiting Lady Kage.” Kiro bowed before her, his tone much more serious as the electricity started to dissipate.

The Mizukage instead looked at his clothes in horror. “How disgraceful!” Mei exclaimed at the sight of Kiro’s battered and bruised body, with the rest of his clothing torn up. “Go get this boy a change of clothes.” Mei ordered, the bodyguard quickly scurrying off. Kiro just looked back up at the Mizukage with a serious look. Mei just shook her head as she saw this. “You know you don’t have to hide your emotions in front of me. That look on your face earlier was the first time in awhile where I’ve seen you look pleased. Well congrats on learning how to use that technique.” Mei spoke, referring to the lightning armor. “Thanks I guess.” Kiro spoke softly, not used to recieving such compliments. “Well, I kind of...” Kiro’s body suddenly started to lock up and he suddenly felt a sudden drop in his chakra. ‘So this is the after effect of using it without the curse mark.’ Kiro figures before everything went completely black.

Mei watched as the boy’s body froze before he completely fell unconscious. She immediately turned to her second bodyguard, who went straight for Kiro as her hands started to glow...

As Sagisō closed the door, squeaking out a sigh of relief, a stiff, formal quip of 'Sagisō, a pleasure...' echoed in her ears. The kunoichi, noticeable more cheerful than she'd been during the first section of the exams, threw herself at the Amegakure ninja.

"Azumiiiiii~"

She zipped across the room, her arms spread in preparation for a bear hug. When she'd been but a few feet away from her friend, a mischievous grin spread across her lips and her hands shifted from a bear hug into a swift palm strike.

Azumi blinked in confusion as Sagiso charged at her seemingly with the intent to give her a big hug. Something the Ame-nin had not been prepared for, though even with that shock she just barley caught that sudden shift into a palm strike from Sagiso as Azumi quickly pulled her umbrella and blocked the blow with her umbrella. Azumi's expression of shock showed that Sagiso's "welcome" had caught her off guard as she greeted the kunoichi with a dumbfounded expression.

"Is...is this how your people exchange greetings?" Azumi asked, as one had to wonder if the motion for the hug or the sucker-punk blow had been more unexpected. Azumi had been thankful of her peak senses or perhaps paranoia that allowed her to just respond in time to the "attack" though she remained quite confused.

Last edited:
Her hand struck against the umbrella and the ring of metals colliding resounded. Her sly grin brightened into a full on smile as she performed a queer series of steps that allowed her to slip right past Azumi's umbrella and deliver that hug she'd baited.

"It's a greeting," Sagisō chirped, "but only among friends. I don't want you dying because you got caught off guard during the exams or something~"

She hummed with pleasure, releasing the confused kunoichi from her grasp. "Besides, you're one if the people I want to fight the most~ along with ... what's his name..? Oh well, I'll remember later..."

Her eyes narrowed into slits, her smile seeming wider than her face could contain. With a fair degree of stealth she scanned the room and her conclusion was... 'the Uchiha hasn't arrived yet...'

Being a member of one the Four Noble Clans really had its perks; one of them being the great wealth of information made available to her. Although she hadn't access to any detailed reports she'd been given a brief description of all the candidates from this round based on what they'd displayed in the previous rounds and the Hyuga's own investigations. Keeping tabs on the most promising young ninja from enemy villages was a given after all; any chance to eliminate a future threat would be taken with glee.

Well, all that had nothing to do with Sagisō. She merely wanted to get a feel for the Sharingan... and the famed wielders, the Uchiha. Just a friendly competition between wielders of one of the Three Great Dojutsu.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima sighed as she finished her last day of training. She had been working on her Mud Style and Wind Style and had improved over the last two weeks, getting better at her jutsu and telling when she is in a Genjutsu, since she realized she was poor on that during her fight with Sakura. The next day she got ready for her next match and began heading towards the waiting room, as she noticed the other Kage entering the village and even recognized her own. The Sand had now fully entered the village and he brought his two body guards with him as he made his way towards the Kazekage's seat during the tournament.

-----------

A mist ninja from the Yuki clan could be seen looking around the village, paying close attention to the people in particular. He looked up and saw a familiar face, a clan mate. "Well, well... if it isn't Kai. Come down so we can talk..." he said coolly.

---------

Raiku's training with Shisui had been... interesting to say the least. He had grown even more fond of his idol and current sensei, and had even learned quite a bit about summoning. Now he was making his way with some close relatives towards the stadium to watch the Final Exams. Although he was a bit sad to not be able to participate, he figured it would be a good chance to learn more about his current fellow Genin, apart from the time he spent watching them at the Preliminaries.

Azumi's cool expression, which she had prided herself on, had completly shattered when Sagiso managed to get inside her guard and give her a hug which as highlighted by Azumi's sudden but noticeable blush she had not been prepared for.

"I-I can understand that..." Azumi stuttered, as she focused on trying to regain her composure which was thankfully aided by Sagiso releasing the hug from her. Seems there was a side to Sagiso Azumi had not known as well as she should have, which was something she'd make a point to remember before she overheard Sagiso's desire to meet Azumi during the finals. Azumi had to admit, she shared that desire as she had great respect for Sagiso and always wanted to test what she could do against one of the great Dojutsu.

Speaking of Dojutsu, Sagiso mentioned someone else she desired to fight and Azumi had a fair guess of who she could have referred to. Kiro, who along with the Oto-nin who Azumi observed as part of some ceremony. Given what Orochimaru had hinted at concerning what Azumi's clone had seen, perhaps Kiro had perished due to the effects of...whatever that bite ended up doing. Though Azumi doubted that and knew it was best not to jump to conclusions.

"I believe you are referencing that Mist-nin." Azumi said to Sagiso, as she had to admit she also had a desire to fight that guy. For Azumi, Hyuga had been one of the pillars of Konoha even if Sagiso was an outsider. Azumi had a desire to know how she measured up to that Dojutsu. Her desire to face that Kiro guy extended to knowing what he was capable of; given she had only seen the tail end of his battle with that Tomiko girl that destroyed their arena. He was quite powerful, and Orochimaru had an eye on him for whatever reason so there had to be something special about him.

Though with Hashima's arrival, she had noticed the Uchiha had not arrived yet. Though again Azumi would hold off on judgement until later as there was still time for the other competitors to arrive in the waiting room.

Last edited:

Kai looked down to see his cousin from his homeland, meeting the face that the voice belonged too.

“Kanshi! By the gods!” Kai exclaimed, coming down from his high place. “It’s been some time! How are things back in the homeland?”

Kai was pleased to finally converse with real people for once instead of the uncultured apes he had been forced to deal with. Especially with one he had much respect for such as his Cousin. He could actually be off his edge for once, for he knew he couldn’t doubt the word of a Mist Ninja.

Zaku, escorting five cloaked figures, was making his way to the exam arena. Four of them had the kanji for ‘East’, ‘West’, ‘South’, and ‘North’ on them. The center one however remained unlabeled. Kin and Yukimaru where nowhere to be seen however, off to who knows where, along with Orochimaru. The figures had hoods on them, covering their faces. Zaku smirked as they strided last the mist and sand delegations, without even a look to their direction

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu arrived at the sight of the final exams a little later than he would have liked to. It seemed a majority of the remaining Genin had already arrived. He looked around the room, making note of the faces he saw.

The girl with the umbrella is a strong swordsman right? That could be interesting. I don't remember anything about the girl she's talking to though, better keep an eye on her from now on. The girl with the mud style is here too, she might be a problem for me if I have to fight her down the line...

He looked closer at the others, attempting to locate a couple specific people.

Neither the rat nor the guy who beat the shit out of Tomiko are here yet...

He took a deep breath, trying not to let the anger get to him. After taking a second to calm down, he walked farther into the room and took a seat against one of the far walls.

Guess I just wait now.

Zaku walked with the sound delegation past the sand and mist ones, smirking as he knew what were to unfold that day. They delegates separates from him, as he went into the lobby area where the other fighters were to meet. He saw Sagiso, Hashima, and a few other competitors. What stood out the most was Yasu, dressed In His black ragged cloak. Zaku couldn’t help but smirk and walk over to the genin.

“Heh, so you actually showed up?” Zaku sneered. “I’m surprised, after you left with your tail between your legs last time, and lost the time before that!”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo took a deep breath before entering his village once again. He looked around for anyone who he could talk to, Lako or Kilka were his top hopes. Sadly, it seemed that he couldn't find them yet, so he was forced to go to the arena and find test subjects for his new technique.
"Can't wait to show Lako my new move! Wonder where Kilka is," He conversed with himself, as he often did when he was alone. Once he finally arrived, he noticed Zaku, the traitorous punk who took his scroll back in the Forest of Death. Taiyo's blood began to boil as he reminisced over how Zaku made an "alliance" only to betray him later on.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu released a long, heavy sigh when Zaku addressed him. As much as he wanted to blow up and yell at him, he knew he needed to keep his composure. Besides, his anger could be released soon enough.

"You talk too much, talk is cheap. We'll see if you can hold yourself to those words, I can almost guarantee that you'll be eating them instead."

He stood up from the wall he was sitting against, bowing to Zaku as he did.

"If you would excuse me, being around you puts a foul taste in my mouth."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo smirked when he heard Yasu putting Zaku back in his place, amongst the trash. He decided to make another ally, in case he needed one.
"Hey, you also think Zaku is trash, cause I do," Taiyo asked Yasu. Now that he was doing it, this idea seemed worse than he initially thought it out to be. What if Yasu turned around and stuck it to him for being annoying or something?
Well, no turning back now.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu stopped in place as Taiyo addressed him. To be honest, he didn't even really remember this guy. He turned slowly to face him.

"I would say he's among the lowest pieces of human garbage on the planet. I'm sure there are much worse people, but that doesn't make me hate him any less."

He bowed to Taiyo before continuing to the other side of the room.

"Now if you too would excuse me, I would be grateful."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Taiyo politely moved out of the way so Yasu could pass, all while sighing a breath of relief. He was glad he didn't get insulted, so now Yasu was on his list of neutral people, along with Kiro, sure he neat the crap out of him and Kilka back in the Forest of Death, but he had some shred of respect for him.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Jenna stared out the window, feeling as if she was the only person on earth. She traveled to the Hidden Leaf Village as a representative of the Yuki clan not to long ago. She has yet to see a member of her clan or even another resident of the Hidden Mist village. She was wary about the Xenos, she had heard about how Xenos were essentially the worst sort of people on earth, but she never met one, so it was hard to tell.

“Heh, touch a soft spot did I? Last time I checked you couldn’t even touch me.”

As Yasu walked away, he noticed Taiyo approach him. He heard his name mentioned in their conversation. So the weak join together, both having lost to me. What do they hope to accomplish? Losing together?

Kai had been conversing with Kanshi for a while, an open book to his fellow clan member. Suddenly, he noticed a familiar sense. What’s this? Water? Not standard water...perhaps humidity, dampness? Perhaps on clothing...this type of water only comes from one place...

“Your from the mist aren’t you?” Kai said, to a female figure behind him, without turning around. “Don’t be shy, you are amongst friends, f your from the mist like I suspect.”

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
“So when are you supposed to fi-“ Kanshi stopped once hearing that there was another mist ninja that Kai had noticed. “Ahh, that is Jenna from our clan. She’s actually skilled in Genjutsu, Ninjutsu, and Taijutsu,” he explained.

(I’ll edit this post later)

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jenna noticed someone from the mist talk to her, which brought her comfort, finally, someone who she could trust.
"Yes, I am from the mist, the Yuki clan to be specific, I am relieved to find a trustworthy person amongst the crowd of Xenos," The Kiri-nin told Kai, smiling, knowing that she was safe.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Taiyo watched as Yasu left, somewhat curious of what he was capable of. He noticed a bunch of Mist-nin conversing, but he decided to keep his distance, in case if any of them happen to be Xenophobic.

“Ah, you share my ideology.” Kai said with a warm smile, taking off his mask. “I am Kai, of the Yuki. And this is Kanshi, my cousin. Let us hope kiro passes, as so we can prove our village’s natural superiority over the lessers.”

The Yuki and mist caravans of delegates and visitors were slowly making their way to the colloseum, along with that of the sand as well. Kai could say he was in the best of company

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I hope he passes as well, Kiro has shown talent, as for myself, I lack a desire to become a Chunin, I personally prefer the study of gathering information for my clan. I only learned the Jutsus to defend myself, and I completed missions to help further my studies," Jenna explained to her friends, looking amongst the crowd of Genin to see if anyone could provide her with satisfactory information.

".....over the lessers?" An agitated Katsuo repeated Kai's words with disgust, appearing from seemingly nowhere whilst the others had been talking, completely healed and ready for the battles ahead.

"If someone were to think they were a superior ninja simply because there from a certain village, they clearly need a reality check.....and, in my opinion, that person would be a disgrace to there village for having such a foolish perspective on the world....but that's just one guys opinion I guess." Katsuo words were emphasized at certain points to sting, only for him to end it in with a rather carefree statement, as if he'd simply said hello to the rival ninja.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Jenna gulped, whoever this person was, he had challenged Kai's ideals, and usually, that doesn't end well. She also doesn't prefer confrontations, so she needed to stop it before the conflict started.
"Maybe we got off on the wrong foot, um, maybe we should change the subject before we waste any energy," Jenna suggested, hoping that at least Kanshi woukd agree with her and attempt to stop Kai from hurting the newcomer.

Kai twitched, quickly putting on his hunter nin mask, flipping around to face the foreign ninja. He seemed to ignore Jenna’s idea as he glared daggers at the ninja before him. He had been dissapointed to see Katsuo pass. He quickly got several senbon on each hand, aimed toward Katsuo.

“If you say another word Xeno swine, I can guarantee you will not be in any shape to carry on this exam today. A shame, because I’d rather you apes beat each other to death for my amusement, but I can end your pathetic babbling here and now!”

He had to restrain himself slightly, as he had not wanted to make a mess in front of the Mizukage. But he could not allow his village’s name be attacked in such a fashion. He was just under a thread from going into maximum murder mode

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Kanshi raised a hand in front of Jenna as he looked as Katsuo and Kai bickered. “Enough, I’ll let your disgusting words slide this time, and why I normally don’t hate xenos, you just insulted my village and cousin. Continue if you dare, or leave at once!” he said, nearly shouting the last sentence.

Azumi listened to all the exchange between Zaku and Yasu and had to admit it seemed a bit much to get worked up even before the battle had been bit schoolyard for her taste though she lacked the context of why Zaku and Yasu seemed to have bad beef.

"I'd avoid talking too big a game. The more one builds themselves up the more the more they can be torn down." Azumi advised to Zaku with an indifferent expression and cool tone.

-----------
Kenji, Sakura and Ino had all arrived to the arena early. There were still seats being filled up so they had a chance to get some premier seats. Kenji had mostly recovered from the wounds of the exams, though he had to take pain killers which had been annoying but something he swallowed.

Kenji, Sakura and Ino had sat together. Given the fact they had grown closer over the two week period. While Kenji and Sakura had been bummed that they were watching and had not advanced, thanks to Ino and the passage of time they had been able to get over it.

The same could not have been said about another arrival. Tomiko, whose body remained bandaged and her arms in a cast. Though Tomiko had improved enough in her condition to walk around on her own power. Though it was advised she'd travel with an aid which Madoka had volunteered to do. Though the physical blows Tomiko endured had only scratched the surface.

Tomiko's spirits had been shot. Her usual pep and energy had been gone as it seemed she had been unable to get over the fact she had lost to Kiro in the fashion she did. Her pride and self-confidence had been even more damaged than her body, which said a lot, as she had a newfound sullen look on her face rather than her borderline hyperactive grin she had throughout the exams. Her eyes, once filled with life and passion, appeared drained and dead. Madoka had been troubled by this, and tried to be supportive of her though Tomiko seemed unwilling to talk about this.

Tomiko merely was here to see Yasu and support him. Though the idea that she had become a mere bystander and cheerleader for someone else had again been a shot through her heart. Still, Tomiko owed it to Yasu to be there for him after their experience together throughout the exams.

-----------
Minato grinned when he saw a few of his fellow Kage arrive. Onoki of Iwagakure, Ay of Kumogakure along with Rasa of Sunagakure. Mei seemed absent from the group, as Minato was unaware of her current exchange with certain Kiri-nin, but thought little of it as he was prepared for the exams to come. That soon changed with Mei's arrival as the five Kage of the five great nations had gathered and taken their seats.

Last edited:
Katsuo casually walked forward, his guard down and his demeanor calm and collected, he knew exactly how this would play out, he wasnt scared of Kai, but he didnt need any of the bastard flaky's jumping in, this was unsafe......but that didnt mean he couldnt push the envelope a little more.

"....so, did you see? Ill be fighting the girl who beat you down, although, im gonna concentrate on not ending up in same position as you....would be a shame to look so broken in front of this many people." He finished, now only a few feet away from Kai and his group.

"If I may ask, what is it exactly that makes you just so much better than everyone else? Is it a unique past? Do you have some kind of special jutsu? Were you spawned from the gods themselves? Its all the same, people always overestimating one simple characteristic they have that might make them stand out from the herd. Your overconfidence in your power hasnt stricken you yet but once youve been beaten down, and no one is looking at you anymore, your gonna fall harder than anyone else in the place. Its not an insult, its just the truth~" He finished, his gazed drifting past Kai, to the large stadium where the Kazekage would be watching from, what a show it must be.

“Or, I could not fall, and just beat everyone to a pulp. Sounds better don’t you think?” Zaku smirked in response. “I’m confident in winning against him. He lost once, he’ll lose again!”

Zaku was feeling pretty good about himself. All that bone breaking training and multiplied healings From Kabuto along the way cemented his thought that head was a notch above the rest.

“Say, I don’t Remember seein’ you, who are you up against?”

Kai. Was. Pissed. He didn’t hesitate to throw a flurry of snebin toward his direction while yelling all sort of profanity in multiple different languages. The senbon was thrown with Hunter nin level accuracy in mind, given he was rage stricken.

“The mist is the strongest of all the village’s! She may have won but she nearly died as a consequence! You will not survive long enough to even get to the semifinals or even the stadium itself! Xenos like you are those who shall be purged from society once the great reckoning is upon you!!!!!!!!”

Kai shot out several ice type attacks as well, thrown all sorts of things his way, ice needles, ice blocks, and a multitude of random iced objects and shapes, all meant to kill one target.

Last edited:
Katsuo smiled...."predictable"

Being only a few feet away from Kai, the senbon hit there make almost instantly, but before the ice attacks had a chance to hit him, the water nin was enveloped in a large puff of smoke that quickly faded, revealing a log in his place that was in covered in no less that six explosive tags.

Katsuo watched from a discrete location above, his smile never fading as he spoke the final word.
"Boom." The tags erupted in with a forceful wave of heat, causing the ice attacks to shatter and be sent back towards Kai as shrapnel.

"Oof, was meant to set him off, hope I didnt hurt him to bad." Katsuo noted, realizing the log was a few feet closer than intended when he set off the explosive tags. Well....it would definitely get his attention.