• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Naruto AU: Roleplay

Unbeknownst to Tomiko, Kiro has been looking in her direction for the past few seconds. It was only for a quick moment, but Kiro did catch her looking at his eyes. ‘Perfect.’ Kiro thought, placing a genjutsu on Tomiko. It wasn’t anything special, all Kiro did was basically put time against Tomiko. Kiro used the same genjutsu he had used on Taiyo during their encounter. Unlike Taiyo, Tomiko did seem to be a bit more defiant on continuing their battle. All Kiro had to do was increase the genjutsu’s effectiveness, which he did by adding a slight bit more chakra into it. Now it was only a matter of time before Tomiko started to expierence the symptoms. Kiro just needed to stall for time.

Kiro couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle when he heard Tomiko’s statement. He also couldn’t keep his mouth shut. “As if I’d waste my full power on a weakling such as you!” Kiro spoke, cockily letting out a grin afterwards. He knew he had her, atleast he thought he did. Kiro readied himself for Tomiko’s incoming assault by pulling out a kunai and standing up wobbly. Kiro’s broken rib prevented him from using his swiftness to move around. Instead, Kiro opted to use his eyes as a way to see through Tomiko’s attacks and counter them.

Kiro predicted that Tomiko would be attacking with kicks, but he did not expect the ferocity in which she attacked with. Even though they was furocious, Kiro could still read each kick and either block them with his arms or simply dodge. Her attacks weren’t as fast and powerful as they used to be due to her fatigue. It did seem like there was something driving her to keep on going and Kiro couldn’t figure out what it was.

He had to admit that Tomiko was a respectable opponent for going this far against him. “You’re good, I’ll give you that.” Kiro stated, as he continued to block the kicks. “But I wonder how long you can keep this up for.”

Although the battlefield had been shrouded in mist, Sagiso didn't even notice it. With eyes like hers the entire field might've well been under a magnifying glass under High definition. As the successive shock waves pushed her backwards, her hands flew to her ninja pouch, "It is over, but not for me!"

Infusing her wind-natured chakra into a pair of shuriken, Sagiso sent them sailing through the air. They were practically little bolts of green lightning as the zipped across the field. Their target? One of the paper bombs that Sagiso had thrown out earlier. She'd initially meant to use them in an attempt to deal with the titan, but Kai's dispersal had come before she could do so. Nevertheless, the paper bombs had found a new use. The shuriken whirred and collided with each other, the sheer speed and mass of chakra infused in them creating a larger and more volatile spark.

As the fastest of the thin ice shards drilled into her skin, and the swiftest of the bulky ice cube left nasty welts on her body, the paper bomb exploded, it set off a chain reaction as all the paper bombs exploded in rapid succession. A massive shock wave blanketed the field, followed by the eruption of an inferno. The remaining frigid debris were either blown off-course by the shock-wave or melted by the resulting inferno. In fact, the mass of ice and moisture in the air had somewhat dampened the explosion, ensuring that Sagiso herself, and most likely her opponent as well, failed to get caught in it. That was to be expected though. Sagiso had initially intended to detonate the bombs from inside the titan, where the moisture would've dampened the explosion to an even greater extent; otherwise there was no way she would've dared to trigger such a quantity of paper bombs. Engaging in a suicide tactic like blowing herself up just to take her opponent down with her was certainly not her style.

She still received quite a few injuries, but that was also to be expected. Although her shuriken were fast, they'd still lagged behind the frosty debris. She had however, been fully certain that the explosion would've been able to save her from the brunt of the damage. Typical detonation velocity for the shock wave of a volatile gas was usually upwards of 1000 m/s. Even if the paper bombs weren't as potent the explosion still would've swept across the arena in the blink of an eye.

She'd target the closest paper bomb and hence was much closer to the epicenter of the explosion than Kai. The good news would be that since the explosions was closer to her, most of the ice would've been blown away from her, the bad news was that she also bore the brunt of the explosion itself. Though, the latter wasn't even a problem thanks to the terrain set up by her opponent. Though, nevertheless, an explosion was still an explosion, and it was nothing to scoff at.

Sagiso was sent rolling across the ground by the resulting shock wave, a few residual ice fragments pelting against her skin. She finally came to a stop when she collided with the wall on the far side of the arena. She propped herself up, and winced at the numerous welts and lacerations that laced her once flawless skin.

"Just a flesh wound..." She muttered. Besides the ends of her hair being a bit charred, the slight deafness in her ears, and the series of cuts, bruises and scrapes she'd accumulated, she was fine.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
As the mist was clearing somewhat, the hunternjn heard a sudden sound, electric in origin. Kai tried to collect the damp mist in the air, as some kind of weapon. What’s going on? Before he knew it, he heard a Mettalic clang as a series of paper bombs were going off his way like Dominos. ...!!!!

Kai tried to improvise a defense the best he could, using the collected mist so far to create an ice barrier that was skin tight on him, but soon as it was built, the explosion was too strong to contain it. It shattered, Kai’s coat shredding apart as severe burns set in on his legs and arms. It was a mess. The barrier managed to damped the explosion, the wounds he had received earlier due to the wind style attack instantly spidered out, becoming burnt messes of wounds.

“Gahhh!!!!”

Kai tumbled to the ground, badly hurt. His face was covered by his now charred mask, so his vital areas were protected. Kai heaved as he managed to sit up, not even stand. That does it!! I only have only trick left I haven’t pulled off.

“I won’t lose to a wretched Xeno! Forbidden jutsu! Organic freeze!”

Kai winced as he made the single handsign, his fingers shaking and badly burnt. One of his arms went completely limp after using the Forbidden jutsu. This jutsu while low costing in Chakra was deadly to use, costing an arm every use. But it was worth it, as it proved deadly to even the deadliest of beasts. Kai hoped his opponet had some exposed wounds so their exposed blood. could get frozen

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Due to the amount of chakra, Hashima had exhausted during that fight, she had to stop and huff, before realizing it was a log. That was the least of her worries now, she had to figure out where Sakura went, and she was very low on chakra. 25 of the clones turned into simple mud, but Hashima was still gasping. Her and the other five clones tried regaining chakra, but it was also hard to maintain them there. Hashima noticed that Sakura couldn't be found, which she thought was a bit hard. She and her clones began searching intensely while regaining chakra, before one shouted "I saw movement!"

Hashima looked in that direction, and if she squinted she could see an outline of a person near the wall.

Must be a type of transformation jutsu...

Either way, Hashima had recovered a decent amount of chakra to make her next move. She split her forces in half, with half of the clones heading towards the "transformed" Sakura with kunai drawn from three different sides while the real Hashima and two clones began retreating to rest.

Even if she beats one, the other two should have enough time to beat her. And if she manages to get through all of them, there's still me and my two clones. And she can't tell which is the real one...

Sagiso shivered, her Byagukan observing all the changes in Kai's chakra. She immediately realized that the Forbidden jutsu he'd just used would be quite a bit of trouble. Her blood slowed as she felt it freezing over, and thin layers of ice seemed to be forming on her eyes. 'If I don't deal with this quick I'll be in trouble...'

"Xeno, Xeno, Xeno!" She mocked, "Did it ever occur to you that while you were in the leaf you'd also be considered a Xeno?" She spat out her retort with utter contempt, "You've been throwing around Forbidden and Secret Jutsu like you think it proves your eliteness or something! Sorry to break it to you but you're not the only one who knows Forbidden Jutsu!"

She wrapped her fingers together in a Tiger hand seal as she fueled chakra into her jutsu. "Forbidden Jutsu: Air Lock!" A bubble of air formed around her and immediately began to distort as the air pressure lessened at a gradual rate. Under normal circumstances, Sagiso would've never dared to use this jutsu. Immediate changes in air pressure were fatal to anything organic. A rapid decrease in pressure could result in what's known as Decompression Sickness, which had a variety of side effects, including paralysis and death. Despite the gradual freezing of her body Sagiso didn't rush to complete her technique, it would've been tantamount to suicide.

As time trickled onward, she'd managed to decrease the air pressure in her bubble enough to counteract Kai's Organic Freeze Jutsu. With a decrease in pressure, the boiling point of liquids also decreased. For example, in the vacuum of space, the water in one's skin would start to vaporize, and the moisture on your tongue would begin to boil.

By decreasing the air pressure immediately around her she was able to counteract the freezing of her bodily fluids by making them easier to boil. In fact, Kai's jutsu was actually helping her cope with the pressure change as the decreased temperatures assist in keeping the water in the muscles and tissues liquid, instead of allowing them to boil and vaporize. Had she been exposed to a much greater pressure change she would lose consciousness within 15 seconds and death would likely follow within the minute.

Azumi's eyes flashed as Ryo prepared his jutsu, as the Ame-nin seemingly had no way out of this as she had not time to dodge and with an umbrella in one hand she had not time to bring her hands together for a hand sign.

"Ninja Art, Mind Trans..."

However, before Ryo had a chance to complete the technique. Azumi did something in response that surprised the Konoha-nin. Something that he had not expected due to how rare it was to pull off among ninja; even those with greater experience.

Azumi used one hands and quickly flashed together some hand signs.

"Water Style, Aqua Spike Jutsu!"

Within a moment, a large spike-made out of water rocked from the ground just below Ryo as it seemed Azumi had the intent to strike the Yamanaka from below. Ryo cursed as he halted his own jutsu as he jumped back and just avoided being impaled by the surprise attack. However, his fortunate dodge had been followed up by Azumi's charge; as she dashed forward the very moment the water spike evaporated as she aimed the end of her umbrella with the intent to deliver a stab to his gut. Ryo had not time to dodge as he pulled out two kunai and aimed to strike the blow; which worked, but the force of it pushed Ryo back and had sent him crashing into the wall.

-----------
"Don't patronize me!" Tomiko yelled out, as she had failed to consider that Kiro actually meant that bit of praise as she continued to try and kick those injured ribs. But Kiro seemed to be one step ahead of her; almost as if he could read her moves.

That's when it hit her, those damned eyes! Tomiko hopped back, and let out a pant as she gazed at Kiro though avoided direct eye contact. Unaware the damage had been done as Tomiko took a moment to catch her breath.

M-man, no way I should be that tired just from some kicks. Screw it Tomiko focus. If this guy can read my moves, then I'll just use so many he can't react to them all!

Tomiko glanced down at the debris around her as, much like soccer balls, she began to kick various small rocks towards Kiro. In spite of everything, she still had some strength to kick those rocks with some velocity to them. Though as Tomiko felt greater fatigue, some of her rocks began to fly way off course as Tomiko cursed.

D-darn it, why am I so tired all of the sudden. Have...have I reached my limit?

Tomiko slowly stopped kicking the rocks as the fatigue of the genjutsu began to take a toll on the Iwa-nin. Her body rocked back and forth as she teetered on the edge of falling on her back. Maybe she had done enough, pushing it now seemed futile as no matter what she did this guy had an answer to it. Maybe...

Why do you keep getting back up?

However, Tomiko stopped swaying as she grit her teeth, no. She had not been ready to throw in the towel.

I can't give up. I won't give up!

If she was fatigued then she simply needed to give herself an adrenaline boost. In spite of her arms being sore and inflamed, they had just enough to open her weapon's pouch and quickly pulled out a kunai. Tomiko then placed said kunai into her mouth...before she swung the kunai and gave her own left arm a cut that drew blood. Tomiko bite against the handle of the kunai as the pain from the self-inflicted wound; though her desire to give herself an adrenaline shot she unknowingly gave herself a stab of pain that snapped her out of the Genjutsu.

With renewed vigor, as blood dripped from her left arm, Tomiko charged forward with the kunai in her mouth. Her glare told the entire story of her determination and focus as she kicked a trio of rocks at Kiro. One aimed for his knee, one aimed for his head and another aimed at his shoulder. During this Tomiko charged as she aimed to use that kunai with the intent to slash the weak spot known as his ribs as she moved as quickly as her fatigued body could move as she aimed to give Kiro no time for recovery.

------------
"I see, well perhaps this battle will reveal that answer." Madoka pointed out before she focused on the battle. Tomiko had pushed herself further and further, though it appeared at one point she started to become sluggish which confused Madoka.

Which ended when Madoka cut her own arm, which surprised and alarmed Madoka before Tomiko made her charge. A rather...bold tactic to further damage one's own body for what appeared to be no clear reason but Madoka continued to watch to see how this played out.

-----------
Okay Haruno you need to do something and do it now!

I know that!

Sakura saw as Hashima began to split up. With several of them charging Sakura while others fled back likely to regain their stamina. Sakura figured that the real Hashima had to be among them as she tossed the kunai with her paper bomb at the clones as the area around them exploded. Sakura had little time to worry over whether it had blown them up or not as she pulled out her kunai and dashed over to the other Hashimas. Sakura tossed a pair more at some of them while she kept one kunai on her person as she aimed to slash any of the ones she had missed while still having the obscuring effect of her camouflage genjutsu as an ally.

Don't have much time to maintain the illusion. I've got to end this soon!

Ngh but how? This one is crafty...!

As he watched disheartened his jutsu get nullified, his only operable fists tightened as it grabbed a senbon from his kit. No one insults my village and lives!!!!

Kai brought the senbon out as he charges the girl, devolving it into a hand to hand brawl. He tossed the senbon toward the forbidden jutsu user, knowing it must have a drawback at some kind, Kai was determined to figure out exactly what it was. As he tossed the senbon toward the genin’s Neck, he had brought out another pair and charge headlong into melee range, hoping to strike the opponet’s neck at another angle as the senbon he tossed was hurtling quickly at her

Sagiso watched on impassively, bending a knee slightly and tilting her body as the Senbon flew past her neck harmlessly, the projectile naturally failing to escape her vision. If Kai was paying attention, he would've noticed that although she'd avoided the senbon, she hadn't moved from her position. It wasn't that she didn't want to move, but that she was unable to. She would have to stick to her air bubble until the pressure had been returned to normal, else she'd risk some nasty side-effects manifesting in her body. More noticeable was the fact that her hand maintained in the Tiger sign, as she needed to keep her jutsu running until the air had been re-pressurized.

As Kai charged towards her she withdrew two kunai from her ninja pouch. The first she flicked into the air, and the second she gripped tightly, preparing to engage her opponent.

Kai, about to engage in to hand to hand combat with the female ninja, made a few handsigns with his only working hand, using up very little chakra to spawn two water clones out of the dusting water nearby. The clones crystallizes and grew icy barbs all over their body. They were humanoid pilled of icy spears.

“You know nothing! You and your Vile Xeno kind don’t deserve to live!”

Kai barged in, in unison with his clones, one of them spun, rushing toward her body like a spinning spike fan. The other clone, rushed in with two spiked axes and swing erratically. Meanwhile Kai tosses several senbon like a sniper, aiming with hunter nin accuracy toward her vital spots while she would be no doubt in trouble by the clones

Sagiso snorted, deigning not to answer. She spun around so her back was facing the clones and lept into a backflip. She ignored the incoming clones and threw the kunai in hand straight towards Kai. Simultaneously she gathered chakra into the sole of her right foot, which was now above her and in close proximity to the kunai she'd thrown earlier. As she whisked her leg outwards in a kick the kunai stuck the sole of her foot like metal to a magnet, as her leg arced throw the air the kunai followed and when her leg completed its path, the chakra gathered on her sole dispersed, flicking the kunai towards Kai as well.

Still airborne, and with her hand now free she struck out with a chakra clad palm, "Wind Release: Gale Palm!" Her wind from her palm collided with the spinning clone, knocking it towards its axe-wielding comrade. She, however, couldn't deal with the Senbon and could only grit her teeth as they pierced her body. Her movement, though still within the bubble, ensured the senbon hit her in places other than where they'd been aimed. The hits were no longer fatal but still resulted in quite a bit of damage.

Her flurry of movements came to an end as she landed back on the ground, in the same position that she'd started in. She stared at Kai coldly, pulling a blood-coated senbon from her body and flicking it towards him.

The kunai she has thrown towards Kai struck directly at his face, or rather his mask, cracking it in two. His mask fell, split down the middle as it shattered on the chunin exams floor. Kai Glared at the opposing genin as she revealed his face as she seemed to destroy his clones. The senbon she has plucked from her body landed at Kai’s feet, he picked it up and analyzed it.

“So it struck you? Interesting. The thing about this particular senbon...is that it is used to capture targets on away missions, bringing them back to face their justice.”

Kai snapped the senbon in two, showing a odd, blue fluid spurt like ink from the middle of the senbon. Kai gave a unyielding look toward her, even though an arm was limp.

“Through contact directly to the blood of an opponet, it was created to sedate them. If I had planned ahead, I would have put poison in them. No matter...”

Kai took out a fistful more of these senbon, coating them in the water that was on the floor, crystallizing around them. He then hurtled them around him, orbiting him. There were at least 30 senbon orbiting him, coated in ice. The sedative that she had given to her opponet wasn’t enough to bring an opponet down immediately, not in the brief period and single ammount. Perhaps in time...or if more were injected.

The ice covered senbon whirred around him like a blade, similar to one of the clones she had destroyed. The rows of senbon almost masked Kai’s advance, as he sprinted toward her direction with the senbon orbiting him

Last edited:
Sagiso released a breath of relief as the pressure around her finally returned to normal levels. She had now regained use of her arm and the ability to move from her position. She, however, chose to keep up the act and pretend as though her jutsu was still active. Her expression remained stoic as pulled the remaining senbon from her body. She lightly threw them into the air and then thrust her palm outwards, Wind Release: Gale Palm!!, using the force from her technique to send the senbon flying towards the incoming Kai.

Kai’s eyes quickly identified what she was about to do as she said those words. His needles were ready to intercept his own senbon, which he knew exactly how wide and long they were. As the senbon were thrown toward him, the fan blade like movements of his senbon barrier managed to inner the senbon within the ice casing of them. Kai kept trucking through.

Kai at kept right up close to Sagiso, the field of senbon blades now within the tearing radius as the many dozens of swinging senbon blades made a beeline right toward her tender skin. Kai roared as he did this movement, ready to mutilste her opponet or sedate them

This girl was crazy! There was nothing else to describe her. Whatever Kiro threw at her, Tomiko seemed to eat it and spit it back out. Her will to never give up was really starting to irritate him. It was almost to the point where he wanted to unleash his full power and kill her. Kiro ignored the doubt in his head that said she would also survive that. Either way, Kiro was done with her. “Why can’t you just give up?!” Kiro shouted, finally losing his composure.

He really did not care anymore. Kiro wanted to end this and he wanted to end it now. “Fuck it.” Kiro muttered to himself, his rage fueling him. Kiro raised his arm and deflected two of the rocks with his chakra enhanced kunai. His hand moved at an almost an unreal speed to keep pace with his sharingan. By the time Tomiko was upon him, anger and motivation overcame the pain Kiro felt in his broken rib as he used the rock aimed at his knee as a stepping stone to jump over Tomiko, performing a front flip to avoid the slash. Then Kiro did the unimaginable. While upside down midair, Kiro flung his kunai at her before forming the fastest handsigns in his life. “Lightning Style...” Kiro grit his teeth in pain as he suddenly felt the resurging pain of his rib. ‘No, not yet.’ Kiro let out a battle cry, fighting through the pain, as his chakra flared to life, electricity forming around him. It was reminiscent of the chain lightning technique, except much faster and more powerful. “And die!” Kiro shouted as a bolt of lightning went for not only Tomiko, but also the chakra enhanced kunai, adding a charge to it.

Kiro wasn’t going to hold back anymore. He was going for the kill now and he would be damned if he let a rib injury slow him down! He had broken bones before and this was just another one. Instead, his resolve told him that if she wasn’t willing to give up, he had to respond in a similar fashion. Kiro would give Tomiko the respect she craved for. Even if he knocked her out cold, she would still get up. That’s just who she was and he respected that. Kiro had to aim to kill her, as it was the only way to win.

However, a small part of him seemed to enjoy this. He hadn’t had this much fun in a while...

Although Sagiso could clearly see each and every senbon, she wouldn't be able to deal with all of them at once. She sighed, the Hyuga clan's gentle-fist techniques would've been a blessing to have. But unfortunately, she didn't know the technique. She mentally noted to find some way of learning the techniques between now and the next section of the exams.

Unlike her opponent, who'd used several secret and forbidden style jutsu, Sagiso had used very few jutsu with such large expenditure. She stomped her foot against the ground, and retreated, pulling off her Yukata and whisking it in front of her like a cape. Although it would be quickly torn to shreds, the garb would at least block Kai's vision momentarily and hinder the senbon.

As she retreated she giggle, "Hey, which do you think is faster? Water or Wind? Let's test it shall we ~?" Her fingers danced, a tango of hand seals forming fluidly. "Wind Release: Verdant Mountain Gale!" Her kunai and shuriken which had littered the floor began to quiver and buzz. Sharp azure-green glows encased them as the began levitating and shot through the air towards Kai.

Zaku whistled as he saw Kiro get serious in the battlefield. He had a bloodthirsty vibe around him, one he could respect, as it was needed in a true ninja.

“Yeah, that’s what I’m talking about!” Zaku rooted. “End this match!”

“Physics will win! I won’t play your childish games!”

He quickly stopped his foot on the water filled ground, trying to use as little chakra that he had left as possible and rely on his bloodline bending. The water he flung up crystalized, acting as a thin and momentary barrier for the oncoming projectiles. As soon as the attacks hit, they pierced most of the way through before stopping, shattering the barrier.

That sedative inside her bloodstream must be doing something by now...I just need to keep the pressure on!

Focusing purely on the task at hand, Kai swept in toward her, the senbon around him acted like a chainsaw, and chewed the clothing to ribbons.

“You may be able to see me coming, but what will you do about it?!?”

Kai flung himself at her, twirling through the air, the blades around him spinning around him as he did so, like an entire human drill was rushing directly at Sagiso.

Last edited:
Although the sedative ran through her body, it only slowed her movements. As she moved backward, she struck herself in five different places and her body stiffened, her blood-flow stagnated, and the spread of the drug through her body slowed along with it.

She'd had just about enough of her opponent. Her remaining chakra quickly surged through her body, as her hand clench and she took a nimble, floating stance. A soft, sharp, azure glow covered her body as the faint sound of violent winds could be heard. She'd clad her body in a thin chakra cloak. Taking it a step further she began to channel all the chakra remaining in her body, burning it to utilize her final jutsu "Secret Jutsu: Deadly Flower Dance, First Step! Second Step! Third Step!"

She punched out three cannon-like blows, each blow stronger than the last, the gales that accompanied her fists slamming into the wall of senbon before her. Although her fists were coated with chakra, from the tips of her fingers up to her elbows were still turned into a bloody, mangled mess. As she forcefully blew a hole through her opponent's attack, at the cost of both her arms, she lept through the opening, heading straight towards the airborne Kai. "Fourth Step! Fifth Step! Sixth Step!" Her legs whipped towards him piercing through the air, a series of three ferocious kicks launched outwards. Wind nature was the sharpest of all the chakra natures, and at this point Sagiso's body was one wind-clad blade, cleaving through everything in its path in dogged pursuit of her opponent. The Deadly flower dance was an attack of Seven steps, each continuing regardless of the outcome of the previous ones. Even if the opponent dodged or blocked, the user would relentlessly pursue until all Seven Steps had been completed.

Having run through the first 6 steps Sagiso condensed her remaining chakra in her dominant leg. The azure sheen around her body condensing until it was a blinding light engulfing her limb. "Seventh Step!" Pivoting on her toes Sagiso launched a roundhouse kick with all her remaining strength. She bore down on her opponent like an unrelenting storm. It was all or nothing.

The opposing genin, Sagiso seemed to stop and hit herself ina few areas, in an apparent attempt to stop the spread of he drug, albeit successfully. Even so, her movements would be more predictable. Kai didn’t take any other observation, as suddenly, he was hit by a wall of air, sending him flying back. His shoes, which were drilling I. First, were completely blown off, nearly in splinters. Kai decided to discard them as he landed down.

What? Impossible! Defense! Defensive!

“Second Step! Third Step!”

He managed to dodge the second step due to predicting her slowed movements, but the third step seemed to just barley hit him, seeming to twist and sprain his limp arm.

“Gahhhh! Wretched Xeno!!!”

It was painful to be sure. Pain was just a temporary condition. He had to move forward or else suffer even further pain, being flung airborne. She seemed to continue her attack, rushing forward. More steps?! Wait...that means I can predict what she can do next!

Kai flung the remainder of his entire defensive senbon drugs and showered her as she approached. He couldn’t quite see the result of that as she closed the distance.

“Fourth step! Fifth step! Sixth Step!”

He took a kick to the gut from the fourth step, coughing up blood, his vision getting hazy. The fifth step and sixth step struck while the oxygen had been kicked out of him. He couldn’t say jutsu! His mind went blank and he was hopelessly carried by the power that the Hyuga possessed.

I....i cannot lose this way! Not to this wretched Xeno!!! I must...live!!

As the final step approached, and as he made her way for the ultimate roundhouse kick, as the power swung he did the unthinkable.

He met it head on.

With a fist full of senbon, and miscellaneous drugs of countless kinds loaded up in each senbon, he hurtled toward the kick, ready to sink his senbon in it. He would get hit, but he didn’t care.

“If I’m going out, you won’t survive!!!!!!!”

He was hit by the kick, but with a price. The senbon were slammed into first, almost the entire senbon of nearly each one Kai had in his hand were burrowed deep into her,. Kai was cut down. His body was thrown against the wall, dust blowing up as he did so, as the dust cleared, Kai was seen, unconscious, but with a twisted, sadistic grin plastered on his face.

“Kai of the mist in unable to continue!” Guy announced. “Sagiso will go on to the final exam!”

Last edited:
Sagiso stood there, riddled with senbon, but standing nonetheless. She'd faced the brunt of the last ditch efforts of her opponent head on and had taken serious damage because of it. Her arms lay limp and her sides and blood soaked the Sarashi she'd been wearing. Her breathing was shallow, as she took a quick moment to assess the damage done to her body, in particular, the last few senbon that had almost run her through. She grimaced, and her fingers twitched as she considered finishing her opponent off...permanently. However, a quick glance at the proctor eliminated those thoughts from her mind.

"You're name was Kai, wasn't it? Kai of the mist?" She muttered quietly, "Good, I'll remember you..." bitterness seeped through her voice, as a thick killing intent welled in her eyes. She turned to the proctor, Guy, and opened her mouth to request medical attention. Instead of words, she vomited, a deep crimson blossom of blood staining the arena floor. Her vision grew blurry and she took two strained steps before immediately fainting.

“Ms?” Guy’s smile quickly turned to a worried expression. “Sagiso?! We need a medical team here stat!”

No quicker than he said that, a team of medical nin appeared in a thick cloud of smoke. They rushed toward her, checking her pulse and her injuries. One of the medical nin took out a senbon she had been injected with.

“....! She has been injected with several vaccines and drugs...the competitor was trying to overdose her! We need to get her to the emergency hospital stat!”

Another medical nin prepared a stretcher and grabbed the needle ridden Sagiso, and hoisted her on it. Another medical nin grabbed Kai on the way, as the entire medical team disappeared to the infirmary within the cloud of smoke.

“An eeiry end to an exam stage...” guy muttered shaking his head. “I hope she is alright.”

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
The mud clones attacking Sakura had been blown up by the paper bomb, and the kunai hit one of the retreating mud clones, causing it to turn into regular mud. Hashima and the mud clone stopped and turned around, and it took a while for them to focus on the "transformed" Sakura. The kunai in her hand helped, quite a lot. The mud clone did hand seals.

"Mud Style: Bottomless Mud Hole!" Hashima then gave her clone bomb tags, to plant around the the hole. The clone began rushing towards Sakura, the jutsu now taking affect, so she can help sink her after planting the bombs. Meanwhile the real Hashima was recharging her chakra while waiting for her plan to take affect, if it did.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Tomiko!"

Before Yasu was even thinking about it his body was moving. He believed in Tomiko's ability to keep going, but this was obviously too much for her. He lept over the railing, pulling a smoke bomb from his tool pouch and slamming it against the ground of the arena. As quickly as he could, he made the handsigns for a mud wall and pushed his hands down. The chakra from his arms flowed into the dirt, rising as a barricade to block the attack. He scooped Tomiko into his arms just as the wall crumbled and moved her away just in time.

“Eh...?”

What’s he doing?

Zaku watched as the teen sprung into action, Yasu coming to Tomiko’s aid. Tsk, looks like the show is over.

“Foul!” Guy extended his hand, calling out to the action on Yasu’s part. “Due to the action, and outside interference, Tomiko is given the option to walk out and be disqualified, or attempt to re enter the round in her current state. What will it be?”

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu could feel Tomiko struggling in his arms, she clearly was not happy with what he did.

I'm sorry for this...

"She's not gonna keep fighting. There's no way I'm letting that happen, not with the way she is now. She can barely even keep conscious! You should have stopped this match long ago!"

Yasu glared at Guy, it felt like he was gonna burn a hole through him with his eyes.

Ryo clutched his back in pain, as the wall behind him had cracked from the impact of his body crashing into it. Ryo had been slow to get up, though it appeared Azumi had been generous enough to allow him the chance. Which puzzled Ryo as he got to his feet.

"You know, probably would have been smarter to follow that up with another attack. Not that I don't appreciate the gesture." Ryo said as Azumi kept that cold, cool stare as she paced back and forth to avoid staying still in the event Ryo attempted the mind transfer.

"I need to repay your services for the forest in some fashion. Besides, this battle will come to a close soon enough anyway. We both know you cannot win. I've seen your clan's secrets first hand and that knowledge is something you cannot overcome at this point." Azumi explained, which caused Ryo to chuckle.

Already decided that huh? Well I still have one trick up my sleeve...

-----------
Tomiko's eyes widened as she saw the incoming lightning attack along with the kunia that zoomed past her. Tomiko's arms were too battered to be able to make a hand sign and she had no time to dodge, so Tomiko braced herself as she closed her eyes and prepared to try and endure the attack to come.

But that attack never connected, as Tomiko felt something grab her as she seemed to zoom through the air. Tomiko had been confused, which only added on to that feeling when she opened her eyes and saw that Yasu had appeared and carried her away from the attack which clashed with a barrier she presumed Yasu had made.

Yasu!?

Tomiko began to wiggle and squirm in Yasu's arms which showeed she was quite annoyed with him. Which only increased when she listened to Yasu's interjection on her "behalf" she was horrified as clearly she still had that competitive fire. Tomiko forced her way off as she glared at Yasu.

"I-I can still compete! You have no right to speak for me! He does not speak for me!" Tomiko urged, as she yelled first at Yasu then made her plea to Guy though she took a moment to cough as some blood dripped from her lips. Madoka decided to intervene as she jumped down and landed in front of Tomiko and Yasu.

"No Tomiko, you've done enough. If you keep going you'll kill yourself. You cannot continue and you should just walk away." Madoka said which caused the Iwa-nin to glare at her puppet-nin ally.

"You don't get to decide that! This is my fight, I didn't ask you guys to step in. I can still fight!" Tomiko insisted as if her body had not been long beaten beyond its breaking point as her arms twitched while blood dripped to the floor below. Her words and what her body language said told wildly different stories.

-----------
Sakura's momentum came to a sudden halt as she felt sticky mud hold her sandals in place before a large mud hole appeared as it began to pull her down. Sakura tried to jump out of it, but several dozen mud hands appeared and began pulling the kunoichi down. Sakura struggles against this before out of the corner of her eye she saw a Hashima come towards her and while Sakura had no way to know her intentions; she had no doubt they were far from pleasant.

Shit! So not good, need to get out of this!

Sakura pulled out her kunai and began to slice up the mud hands that pulled her down. No easy task, as with each one hand she cut down another seemed to pop up in its place. Though she had began to make progress but had to deal with the Hashima that came for her as Sakura fired a kunai aimed right between the Hashima's eyes as she hoped to make it fall and give herself a chance to escape.

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu shifted his glare from Guy, to Tomiko. He wasn't gonna allow this.

"You're not fighting! Look at yourself, you were barely conscious standing there! That attack could have ended your life!"

He looked over to Madoka, his eyes clearly pleading.

"Don't let her get up, if Guy won't get the medical nin then I will."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
OOC: OK guys get ready... MY FIRST DODGE
BIC: The Hashima clone saw that kunai coming easily, and simply dodged it. Then she came near the whole and planted the bombs, before jumping into the hole and helping the hands drag Sakura into the mud. The real Hashima grinned as she finished replenishing about half of her chakra. Then she walked up calmly towards the hole, although she was cautious of any other attacks. "You lost, surrender. You'll probably eventually sink into the hole, and then I'll win. And even if you do find a way to escape, I'll just set off the paper bombs and I'll win. Just surrender," she said, with that grin still on her face as she bent down to look at Sakura.

‘It’s over.’ Kiro thought as he watched as the lightning was about to strike Tomiko. He hadn’t noticed during his attack, Yasu had already jumped out of the stands onto the battlefield.

“What the hell?!” Kiro exclaimed when he saw the earth block the attack. Kiro landed gracefully on his two feet, facing the opposite direction. After deactivating his sharingan, Kiro turned around to see the wall blocking him from Tomiko. There was no way that could’ve been hers. “That bastard.” Kiro muttered, furious that someone intervened with their battle. Kiro started to stomp over to the wall when suddenly he fell on knee and clutched the area of his broken rib in pain.

Even though Kiro couldn’t see through the other side of the wall, from what he could hear, the proctor said their match was over. Atleast that’s what Kiro thought he said until Guy also said she could return if she wanted. ‘That’s not fair!’ Kiro wanted to say, but he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Deep down inside, Kiro knew the ninja world was also unfair. If Tomiko decided she wanted to return to the battle, then he would gladly accept her challenge. However, it seemed that her friends were finally trying to speak some sense into her. Hopefully Tomiko wouldn’t be stubborn enough to deny them. But a part of him also doubted that she would give up.

Either way, Kiro needed a medic and it seemed like the idiots were still arguing about the subject. Kiro limped over to the side of the wall, while clutching his broken rib and took a peek at the action. “If you don’t mind, I would like a medic as well.” Kiro spoke up, not caring about the fact that he was speaking too some potential enemies. “That is if you decide this battle is over.” Kiro said, looking over at Guy, then at Tomiko.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu was still angry that this guy could have killed Tomiko, but he clearly also needed medical aid. Yasu nodded and directed him to sit down.

"Your rib is broken right? I can tell by the way you're breathing. Sit down and try to move as little as possible, you could have internal bleeding. I'll be back as quickly as I can."

With that, Yasu made his way out of the arena to the main area where the medical nin were on standby. He informed them of what happened and quickly directed them back to Tomiko and her opponent.

Ryo flashed some hand signs before he had seemingly been pulverized with a strong strike by the umbrella to his rubs, but Ryo had transformed into a log as he used a timely substitution jutsu.

The real Ryo appeared behind Azumi, who quickly caught on to this change of position as she shifted to him while Ryo prepared a series of hand signs.

"Ninja Art, Tile Storm Jutsu!"

Ryo then lifted up all the bits of broken tiles all around the battlefield as soon enough all had been fired at Azumi at high speed. Ryo figured Azumi would focus on either blocking the tiles which naturally would have left her open to a mind transfer. He also figured that Azumi might try to avoid them, though given the range there appeared to be only one path to escape that only a mindful ninja would have noticed. But this path was there by design, as Ryo aimed to cut Azumi off at that to perform the mind transfer jutsu. Either way Ryo figured he had a clear chance given Azumi would not be able to block or dodge and attack at the same time.

Something that Azumi showed was a critical mistake to make.

"Water Style, Water Dragon Jutsu!"

As Azumi emptied some water canisters she kept from the Forest of Death, she used that along with water she generated from her own chakra as a giant water serpant appeared before Ryo's eyes. The dragon charged forward as it easily blew past the tiles before it went after Ryo. Ryo jumped and tried to dodge, but Azumi had been relentless as she shifted the dragon to persue and before long the dragon slammed into Ryo as it sent him crashing into a wall while it help the Yamanaka-nin in its jaws. When the dust had settled, Ryo had been knocked out as the Guy clone had been quick to make the decision.

"Ryo is unable to continue, Azumi wins and advances to the finals!"

-----------
Tomiko glared at Yasu, or rather as much as she could through the pain and slight daze she felt as a result of all this.

"Shut up! You don't know what I can or can't handle. And don't you try to stop me Madoka!" Tomiko yelled out, as she staggered forward and aimed a glare with killer's intent at Kiro.

"This is not over!" Tomiko yelled at Kiro before Madoka jumped in front of Tomiko and had the intent to stop her.

"Move it Madoka! I will not throw in the towel. I...I..." Tomiko said, before her already sluggish movements slowed to a crawl as it seemed the effects of the battle seemed to catch up with her all at once. As she suddenly became light-headed and dazed around a bit. With a sigh that seemed to mix pain with regret as her eyes fluttered shut and she began to fall forward. Madoka quickly moved and caught the girl as Tomiko had passed out and her broken body leaned against Madoka's as Madoka turned to Yasu and the medical-nin he brought as she walked over towards them.

-----------
Sakura cursed as she found herself trapped in a hopeless situation. Between the clone and the dozens of mud hands, escape seemed all but impossible. And is Sakura failed to escape, she'd risk being buried in the mud hole. Even if Sakura managed to find a way to escape, the paper bombs would damage her already burnt body all the more and Sakura doubted that she'd be able to withstand that. Perhaps if she had not had the previous fatigue of the forest, but Sakura knew what she had to do and with a sigh she undid her camouflage and faced Hashima.

"Very well. I surrender." Sakura said as she gave her concession which was all the Guy clone needed to see as he held his hand up.

"Sakura Haruno has surrender, the winner of this match is Hashima!" Guy declared as Sakura waited for Hashima to undo the jutsu.

Last edited:

“See? She can’t even guarantee her own life!” Zaku called out from the stands. “Let alone a fight. Call the match!”

“I....Ive seen enough.” Guy said looking away. “Tomiko is unable to continue, Kiro will be moving on. Just, give her medical attention please.”

Guy pinched the bridge of his nose and shook his head as the medical nin came to collect the injured ninja. He had silently routed for the underdog to have bested that of a ninja born with talent. It was difficult to swallow, but that’s how it was.

Zaku chuckled a bit, looking at the scene before him. All this emotion for a kid who couldn’t battle well? Give me a break. You think enemies will show this type of leniency? Pathetic. Zaku was somewhat dissapointed in Yasu, who had come to her aid. It proved he was weak willed, going to the aid of a foreigner and almost face expelled to from the future exams. His heart was his weakness.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Hashima's grin grew bigger and she undid the mud jutsu as well as get rid of the clone. Then she took of the bomb tags and her large grin shrunk into a normal smile. She extended her right muddy hand to Sakura.

"That was a great battle. You got me good with your Genjutsu. Do you wanna see the other fights?"

------------

The Raiku clones had disappeared from the finished battles, and their experiences had been seen by the original.

Some of those battles were awesome... wait, isn't that guy the person that threatened Chikao? And he had something weird with his eyes... no way it could be a Dojutsu... maybe?

As he was thinking all this, he noticed Hashima's fight had come to an end. He left the stands and gave an eye smile. "Congrats, Hashima. You did pretty good too, Sakura."

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Yasu's eyes shifted a third and final time to Zaku, and this time he really did wish his glare could burn a hole in someone. He rose slowly as the medical nin took Tomiko away, and turned his whole body to face Zaku.

"You dare to speak about her like that? Say anything more and I swear to it that I'll remove your tongue, you rat!"

Yasu was a bit more than pissed off, Tomiko tried so hard she nearly killed herself and this kid had the audacity to that way about her. All he did was sit in the stands and laugh! Yasu could almost guarantee that Tomiko would've had this guy on the ground in seconds. He would beat him. He had to, for Tomiko

“Heh, you had your chance in the forest of death, if you could have, you would have done it already!” Zaku sneered. “Besides, I passed, she didn’t. She wasn’t strong enough to, case closed!”

Zaku our an arm behind himself, revving it up just in case. He pitied the ninja, he knew that he was all bark and no bite, as his attacker were practically all nullified in their previous fight. He had no skin in the game or meaning in his words.

“What? What’s that I taste? I think it’s my tounge. What’s the matter? Not gonna come here and cut it out weakling!” Zaku yelled. “I can kill you early and skip my round in the exams! What do you say to that?! I dare you!”

"Sure, I wouldn't mind that." Sakura said with a smile to Hashima. While Sakura failed to mask her disappointment over losing, she had not been prepared to be a mood killer as she shook Hashima's hand as she accepted her offer.

------------
"I believe there's been enough fighting today. You two should save your strength for the finals regardless." Madoka pointed out as she felt this had been about to escalate and was not about to let that happen.

----------
Azumi walked away after Ryo had been taken by the medical-nin, as she aimed to find Sagiso's match in the hopes she could see her ally from the forest in action. Unfortunately Azumi only had caught the tail end of that fight but had arrived just in time to see Sagiso pull out a victory.

So Sagiso advanced? Good for her, it's nice knowing I'll at least know one face going into the finals.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
That bastard! I'll make him eat those words...

Yasu sighed and dropped his shoulders. He knew Madoka was right, there was no point in doing anything today. He would have his chance soon enough, until then he would train.

"I-I'm sorry Madoka, my emotions got the better of me. I'll show him in the finals, just you wait."

Yasu looked down to his feet. You wait too Tomiko, I'll get him for you.

He made his way off the field and into the main floor, still looking down.

Tsk, he needed his girlfriend to bail him out of this. He doesn’t have any power to himself. Zaku was about to give chase to the genin when a hand gripped his shoulder. He looked behind him to see Orochimaru, who he had been looking for. Still in his disguise as a sound jounin, he smiled that unique smile only Orochimaru could do.

“That’s quite enough Zaku.” He said with his silky smooth voice.

“S-Sensei!”

“Don’t get so worked up. I’m quite surprised that you’ve made it this far. I’m pleased. In fact, I have a little surprise for you when we get back~”

Zaku’s eyes widened, and then his shoulders relaxed after the initial shock wore off. He nodded his head. Orochimaru was acting off, he never showed this much interest since..that day.

Last edited:
As one of the medics patched him up, Kiro listened in to the conversation between the two genin. Tomiko, like Kiro expected, did not want to give just yet. In fact, Kiro reached for a kunai when he noticed that Tomiko glared at him with what seemed like a killer intent and started to come towards him. Kiro was about to prepare to defend himself when the other girl, Madoka, stood in front of her, catching Tomiko as she suddenly fell unconscious.

Kiro couldn’t help but let out a small smirk as he knew what that meant. He looked in Zaku’s direction when he spoke what was in Kiro’s mind. Then he turned to Guy when he finally called the match. “Finally.” Kiro let out a sigh of relief as he looked at Tomiko before she was taken away. Then he looked at Yasu, wanting to condemn him for his actions. Instead of the satisfaction of knocking her out himself, she was saved by her boyfriend. It made him sick just looking at the way he cared for her. This was the chunin exams, there wasn’t supposed to be this type friendliness going around.

Kiro was about to stand up and say something when Yasu decided to respond to Zaku’s comment. Kiro watched silently as Zaku blasted Yasu with comeback of his. Kiro liked Zaku’s attitude, especially since he just shut Yasu down. He would’ve really liked to have seen Zaku kill Yasu right there. It would’ve been the perfect karma for him since he blocked Kiro’s own killshot on Tomiko. The fight between Zaku and Yasu seemed to be something that would be worth watching.

Madoka, having a cooler head than the rest of them pointed out the fact that should just save their energy for the finals. Kiro would’ve liked to see a battle to the death right now, but it looked like their battle would have to wait.

The medical ninja who was treating Kiro said that his injury would take time to heal. The healing allowed him to be more mobile but he would have to go the hospital for the next few days for better treatment.

When Yasu left, Kiro finally stood up and looked in Zaku and Madoka direction with his usual calm expression. It was calm until he felt a shiver through his spine as he looked at the jonin who appeared behind Zaku. Kiro noticed how quickly the jonin was able to calm Zaku down. The jonin looked so familiar that Kiro swore he had seen him just a few days ago. The voice also helped his case. It wasn’t the exact same but it was close enough. ‘No way, that can’t be him.’ Kiro did his best to control his thoughts as he looked at Zaku, then back at Orochimaru. He clenched his fists as flashbacks of his fight with the grass ninja went through his mind. He remembered when the ninja’s skin peeled off to reveal...

Kiro slightly grinned as he finally understood. ‘So that’s how it is...’ Kiro looked Orochimaru directly in his eyes to let him know he knew who he was.

Orochimaru stares back at the Uchiha, not any hesitation nor mercy in his eye. They both knew that’s Orochimaru wasn’t who he said he was, but the Sannin knew that Kiro wouldn’t go off telling other people. He licked his lips as he brought his mouth to Zaku’s ear.

“What do you know of the Uchiha?”

Zaku was a bit surprised at the question. What? And Uchiha? Was he referring to Tomiko or...Kiro. Now that he had thought about it, Yasu did mention his eyes earlier, that’s when it clicked. Kiro was an uchiha. He tried not to make eye contact with the genin in question and responded ever so quiet.

“Not much, we didnt exchange words too often. Just what I’ve seen in the fight. He’s a capable fighter i’ll Tell you that.”

“Hmmm....this I know firsthand.” Orochimaru Leered. “Follow my lead.”

What does he mean by that? No later he thought this, Orochimaru went past him and toward Kiro. He did his signature smile as he looked down at the freshly fought genin.

“I may recommend you for Chunin when the time comes.” Orochimaru said stroking his chin. “The sound takes interest in your fighting prowess.”

Zaku walked up next to rochimaru and put his hands on his hips with a smirk, going along with Orochimaru

Last edited:
Madoka felt a cold chill when the Jonin appeared to calm Zaku down. The Puppettier should have felt some comfort or relief, instead she felt a sense of dredd from the individual though she had no idea why.

Madoka naturally listened in on the conversation. Uchiha? Was that the unusual thing Yasu noticed? Perhaps that explained a thing or two to her. Though Madoka wondered what this guy wanted to know about it so much as he asked for Zaku to come to him.

With that, Madoka decided to go to the hospital to visit Tomiko. Given Yasu had left to do who knows what, somebody needed to be there for her. And with that she left and began her trip there.

-----------
Azumi took note that medical-nin carried Sagiso away as the battle had no doubt been a difficult one. To repay her debt in the forest, she would pay her and Ryo a visit later that day. With that Azumi left the room to travel to the main lobby.

Along the way Azumi took note of one open room that caught her interest. As Azumi entered inside she saw a destroyed arena form the remnants of a hard-fought battle. Azumi noticed a few people remained. Including a Jonin who appeared to be speaking with an Oto-nin over something. Not that Azumi could make out what was said as she observed from the balcony.

Last edited: